PDA

View Full Version : A Crack in the Wall

Strainseir
2013-01-17, 06:38 PM
Shattered Age Core ooc (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14546979#post14546979)

This is the first story in the Shattered Age Campagin.

All text inside of the spoilers are meant for the character it is labeled for. If you choose to read it that is fine. If you use such information ic then the post will be ignored and punishments shall fall from the sky.

Avaralynn

You are asleep. You know you are. You are standing barefoot in your finest formal dress. You stand in a hallway with no doors. The walls are arched up towards the ceiling and made out of the most perfect white marble you have ever seen. Despite how hard you might look you cannot find a single seam. It is as if the walls and ceiling are carved into a mountain of marble. Every 10 feet the walls are carved into incredibly intricate designs. Some are ancient battles. Others are of single people. Each of them kind of looks like you but with pointier ears. The floor is made out of a beautiful black material. Every inch of it is perfectly smooth an level. The floor is buffed to a high shine to a point it is practically a mirror. Despite it being some sort of stone the floor feels warm to your touch. Behind you the hallway stretches perfectly straight beyond that which you can see. Roughly 300 feet in front of you the door opens up into a room.

Boss

Moments ago you were in the arms of one of the women that are more than happy for your patronage. Now you are sitting on a steel block All around you is a massive white warehouse. In it solid black machines function and run doing things that you cannot even begin to comprehend at speeds that boggle the mind. Everything in here, despite all the chaos of the movement, seems almost a little too exact and perfect. At the back of the warehouse is the only door in this place. It is solid black, and not locked.

Lu -Tze

You are in your room still in your bed. Your furniture is around you like it always has been. The floor under your bed is the same as it always was. However the walls of your room, as well as the ceiling, is gone. Your floor and your things are alone in a sea of white. Everywhere you look you see empty white. The sky however is blacker and darker than any depth you have ever looked into. The light is neither to bright nor too dim. However it seems to come from everywhere without a source. Because of this there is no shadow. It is also pleasantly warm.

Conleth

You awaken in a voice. You are floating in an empty blackness. There is no light heat or sound. Your voice carries endlessly when you try to shout without anything to echo off of. You can see yourself as if a dim light is being shined upon you. However you are still all alone. You float alone for what seems like ours in the formless voice. After an unknowable amount of time a form floats into view. It looks vaguely like a man. It's body is all white letting off a low glow. It's long hair moves like it is underwater caught in constantly changing currents. The being's fingernails and toenails and eyes are as black as the emptiness around you but they seem all the darker by the light around them. It's mouth however looks as though it is the night sky. Inside if you look close enough you can see countless stars, the whole of creation unfolds before you.

"It surprises me that there are any children of the betrayer left. An interesting being you are. Will you widen the crack your blood made in this world or will you help seal it completely. I shall enjoy watching you half man." The being said as his powerful voice seems to echo wildly through the voice pushing it back and pushing at you.

Ryder

You awaken in a field of white. Long, soft, sweet smelling grass that is pure white stretches as far as the eye can see. The sky above you is a deeper black than you have ever seen before, but is almost welcoming. Next to you sleeps your faithful wolf, but at the slightest movement he awakes happily. Off in the distance you see a small mass of large trees. Their trunks are stark white like the grass, but their leaves are as dark and lustrous as obsidian glass.

Korney
2013-01-17, 07:52 PM
Boss

DM
Boss touches the steel block with one hand as he stands up. It's contact is cold and reasuring.
He sees the door and walks slowly to it. Although the machines that fill the room makes his head heavy, he can't help it but to examine them as he passes by and wonder at their strange perfection.

When he reaches the door he hestiates to open it, and looks back a last time, wondering if he could return. But he opens it, and steps in.

Strainseir
2013-01-17, 08:26 PM
Boss

Before you stands a massive man. He is incredibly pale. He stands barefoot with a thick pair of white pants. On his chest is a solid white apron. He is oddly beautiful despite his almost overly bulky form. He has a very short beard and platinum blond hair tied in a thick braid behind his head. He stares at the forge before him with eyes of solid black. In his hand he holds a hammer. It looks as though it is made of the night sky. A deep endless black filled with dots of life. Again and again with perfect timing the hammer comes down onto something in the forge. You cannot tell what is in the forge for it is too bright to look upon.

"You have finally begun to awaken Builder. There is much that needs to be built. Do you have time to build it? You are still so small and young, but you will grow indeed." the huge male said in a voice so smooth that no human voice you have ever heard could match it.

Korney
2013-01-17, 08:56 PM
Boss

DM
Boss looks fascinated at the strange man work. After realizing his forge was something he could not understand he asked.
"Who are you?"

Mangles
2013-01-17, 08:58 PM
Lu-Tze picks up his broom and holds it defensively in his hands. Surely even in this barren dream a sweeper can find a job for a broom. He takes a small piece of leather and ties his broom across his back, like he does each day on the way to work, and leaves his bedroom. Strolling across the void and watching the incredible darkness that is the sky.

Strainseir
2013-01-17, 09:28 PM
Boss

The man continues to hammer away. After a moment he picks up something that is glowing nearly as brightly as the forge. He stares at the object before putting it back to hammer once more.

"Call me whatever you desire young builder. In you sleeps the ancient blood of my builders. I have grown bored with the stagnation of this world. The people of this world act as though I took my gifts from them. I did nothing. They simply altered the rules and lost the knowledge. I give you back the knowledge of how to build once more. I care not what you do with it. All I care is that you do something."

Lu

Something huge and white flies through the sky. The shape is so familiar. It calls to you with a strange sense for longing. You cannot seem to pull your eyes away from it until it sails past the horizon. When the winged shape can no longer be seen you spot a man not to far away sitting on a small mound of white as if a bubble had formed out of the hard ground. He is a pale man with short cut platinum blond hair. His eyes sit like two obsidian orbs in his head. He is very clean shaven and dressed in pure white robes fit for a king. On his right hand is a ring as black as his eyes. His feet are bare. Setting upon his head is a crown that looks as though it was made of the night sky, a deep blackness filled with countless dots of light.

Strainseir
2013-01-17, 09:55 PM
Conleth stares in away at the being before it. The form brings up many emotions in him. He can feel fear, hatred, jealousy, and awe all welling up inside him. However he still listens closely to this being.

"Who are you? And what is this place? I do not understand. Why do you call me these things? I am just a gunsmith. I have never betrayed anyone." he said first with a little panic in his voice then with resolve. He would never betray anyone and he knew that.

Mangles
2013-01-17, 09:56 PM
Lu walks over to the man, a king or emperor surely. When he is close to the man he bows deeply. Hi fathers wisdom of manners amongst "betters", forcing him a little lower again. Lu waits a moment for the man to speak.

Korney
2013-01-17, 10:00 PM
Boss

DM
Boss looks eagerly at the object the pale man is forging, wanting to know, wanting to see it finished.
"A part of me wishes to help you forge. But a part of me know it's dangerous, and that it should be destroyed."
Boss looks at the man's black eyes.
"I fear what my builds would bring to the world."
Boss points his attention at the bright item again, his eyes wide open to the marvel.
"Yet I want to."

Strainseir
2013-01-17, 10:15 PM
Conleth

The Form began to laugh almost psychotically throwing it's head back. He floated as you stay in place watching.

"Soon you learn the sins of your blood. When you look upon them you will have to choose. Man or monster. Life or death. The choice can only be made by You half man. I am simply here to return the seed of knowledge that was lost.." With that he appears before you placing his and over your eyes. A Searing pain rushes into your eyes forcing you into consciousness, but the pain is still there when you awaken.

Lu

The figure smiles but does not move beyond that despite having know pupils you know he is staring directly into your eyes."I had not expected you to act so humbly dragon. You are the last of your people and yet still so humble. I am almost disappointed. However it is not my place to tell you how to be dragon lord. You may stand however you wish. That is your right as he who holds the last of the blood of my mightiest creation. Step closer to me." the man says as his hand slowly lifts to beckon you closer.

Zman
2013-01-17, 10:19 PM
Avaralynn

The slender beauty glides across the polished black marble floor, gracefully and effortlessly towards the open doorway...

Strainseir
2013-01-17, 10:32 PM
Avaralynn

The room is wide and perfectly round. At the very center of the ceiling is a large glass opening that exposes the endless black starless sky. At the back of the room sits a man almost as pale as the walls. He sits on a high throne that looks as if it had grown out of the dark floor. His platinum blond hair and beard are wild and unkempt. He is dressed in rags that are so old and sunbleached that they are as stark white as bone. His eyes are a deep black as if they very light is being pulled into the dark orbs in his head. In his right hand he holds a gnarled walking stick of an old man. Staring at is is like staring at the clearest most beautiful winter night sky you have ever seen. However as you look at him you cannot help but feel that despite his rags and unkempt form, this pale man rivals you even as he is for pure beauty. As you look at him he stairs back at you will all of the air of a king waiting for you to address him.

Strainseir
2013-01-17, 10:39 PM
Boss

The man smiles warmly as he sets down his hammer and the item. He turns away from the forge and holds out his right hand to you,"Take my blessing Builder. I will watch you. Reform this world. Build it until it is yours." He says as warmth floods from his hand into yours. The warm spreads over you like the feel of a long day making things. When that feeling as reached every inch of your form the world fades away into the warm comfortable dark of sleep. You awaken early the next morning feeling better rested than you every had. When you look at your right palm a mark is there filling up most of your palm. The symbol of the watcher there as if you had tattooed it on your hand a few days ago, but it is not sore.

Mangles
2013-01-18, 05:55 AM
Lu-Tze straightens a little confused. "Dragon Lord? Surely you are mistaken. A sweeper is all I am." Lu-Tze takes off his broom and holds it out in front of him as an explanation. Lu-Tze thinks for a moment before continuing. "However, is it not written that even a dragon must clean his lair."

Zman
2013-01-18, 10:38 AM
Avaralynn

Looking at the man Avaralynn remembers her courtesies, taking a slow bow and standing fully upright. There are few she has ever met with such personal power. Her voice, crisp and clear filled with confidence, "My name is Avaralynn Zale, yours?"

Strainseir
2013-01-18, 01:53 PM
Lu

"At the moment indeed you do wear the mask of a sweeper. In the future you may choose to still. However in time the skies will be open to you once more as your kingdom. Will you choose to soar in the skies or to sweep then once more?" The man said as he slowly stood. As he did the mount he was sitting on changed. It grew until a perfectly formed ancient dragon stood behind him. Then the man walked to you as you for some reason remain frozen in spot. He placed his hand on your arm to lean in an whisper,"You have the power to bring yourself glory. Terrible or wonderful you have the power to do awesome things. Walk the many paths before you Dragon, or choose to remain forever a sweeper. I care not."

Avaralynn

A broad an almost arrogant smile spread across the face of the man in rags before you. Not an arrogant smile of a man that succeeded but of a father that just watched his child succeed over someone else's. His head very slightly bowed to you.

"So much fury is in you Child of the Old blood. You are Fey born and yet you treat me with such dignity. I am touched. Truly." the man said with more than a slight touch of sarcasm in his voice. Then suddenly it did shift to the voice of a proud father,"There is a drive and a passion in you Fey Born. Stand before me. Do not cower down there like a mortal. There was a time when your people ruled over a large part of my world. Now stand before me and look me in the eyes if you be worth."

Mangles
2013-01-18, 03:28 PM
"You talk as if you know me better than myself, but I am yet to hear your name. Who are you to offer me this power?" Lu-Tze leans on his broom.

Strainseir
2013-01-18, 04:03 PM
Lu

A heat began to flow from his hand into your arm. You know it is hot as fire, but it does not burn. It feels right, as if that heat should always have been in you,""I have always known you Dragon. I knew you when you flew the skies on wings of copper long long ago. I know you when you were but a seed in your father's sack. I watched you as you grew, and I will always watch. My name cannot be spoken in any tongue that one with a human body can hear and survive, but you know who I am. Find your kingdom Din the Sky Dragon." the man spoke as the world around to faded into darkness and heat till it rouses you from your sleep.

Zman
2013-01-18, 05:39 PM
Avaralynn

Avaralynn doesn't hesitate and crossed the dozen steps to stand before the man, the fury he mentioned emanating from her terribly beauty, her eyes welling with the power of her being. He head is not gowned, but piercing the depths of his soul with all that is within her power.

Strainseir
2013-01-18, 06:08 PM
Avaralynn

As you stare so deeply into the mans black eyes you are pulled into them. The very whole of existence is brought before you. You see and know all. IT is beautiful, horrifying, and all together maddening. Everything is shown before you down to how truly small you are in an endless growing universe. It burns into your eyes surging so much power into your very being. For the slightest of moments you feel as though all of existence is inside of you. For a brief instant you are the creator, all is bare and open before. Then it rushes out and once more you are in your bed. The knowledge of the things you had seen moments ago are gone, but the emotions and feelings it called up are still their, as are the faint marks on your eyes.

DukeGod
2013-01-18, 06:48 PM
Ryder
Upon awakening, Ryder lazily looks around. This didn't look like to be inside the city. Had he slept outside? Well that was stupid of him
On the other hand the walls are nowhere to be seen so this didn't look like the outside of the city EITHER...

At least Kodlak was still there. As he walks towards the weird trees he talks to him, although he doesn't actually expect an answer. Ryder was prone to talking to himself although that had evolved into talking to a wolf

"These trees are really weird. I didn't even know leaves could become black. I wonder if they're poisonous...
Huh. Though they aren't touched by snow...

Wait. All this white isn't snow. I sure tought it was...I was even sure it was cold!"

Ryder goes to his knees so he can see this grass better

Strainseir
2013-01-18, 07:09 PM
Ryder

Kodlak stirs and gets up next to you. He sniffs the grass and looks to you strangely,"it does not smell bad. I like this place. Can I run?" the wolf spoke though you heard it only in your head but clearly.

The grass itself does not look bad. It is roughly 2 feet high. The grass looks incredibly healthy, but it simply has no pigment. It is just simply white, so is the dirt if you decide to dig. A soft wind begins to flow from the trees in the distance. It carries on it a sweet smell that is alluring. Something that seems so desirabe, but you know not why.

Zman
2013-01-18, 07:27 PM
Avaralynn

Avaralynn gets out of bed, her heart pounding in her chest. Once her feet hit the cold worked stone, the cold sends shivers down her spine. Enjoying the sensation she slips free of her night shift and embraces the cold morning air clad in naught but her flowing platinum blonde hair before dressing knowing that she would not fall back asleep again this night. She fits a silken dress of a deep emerald green and over a set of the finest Mithril chain, it's form barely visible to an untrained eye. On each wrist she fastens ornamental guards, beautiful enough to pass as ornamentation beyond their practical defense use. To her hip she fastens her prized blade, elegant beyond words it easily passes as the ornamental weaponry nobles pass off as fashion. Anyone thinking she was simply following her peers would be rudely awakened...

Strainseir
2013-01-18, 07:58 PM
Avaralynn
When you are finished dressing you notice something on the bed you left behind. A perfectly round crystal the size of an eye was left behind. Every time you look at it the crystal seems to be a different color. However it calls to you as if you left a part of yourself behind.

As long as the crystal is within 5 feet of you you gain an inherent bonus of +1 to all stats. If it is outside of 10 feet you gain a negative level that can only be restored by bringing the crystal back within 10 feet.

DukeGod
2013-01-18, 08:26 PM
Ryder

"Go."

As he leaves his companion to run, he starts to walk towards the scent. Was he really supposed to smell that? Kodlak had a much better olfact than him and he said the smell was not bad. Humans didn't smell the same way wolves did, they simply shouldn't.

Looking back to where Kodlak is, Ryder calls him. They were going into the trees, towards the center of the whole mass

Zman
2013-01-18, 09:52 PM
Avaralynn

Avaralynn, once Dressed for the day examines the gem closely...

Magnificent...I appear to be bound to this stone....very interesting...

Once she is done examining the stone she will leave for the most reputable Weaponsmith she knows in hightown where she will sit by as it is set into the pommel of her Fey Blade.

Knowledge Arcana[roll0]
Spellcraft[roll1]

Let me know what it'll cost. Speaking of which, I should really write down my starting wealth.

Mangles
2013-01-18, 11:04 PM
Lu-Tze leaves his bed behind and with it the strange dreams. Such thoughts are better left for the long hours of sweeping that would be coming. Plenty of time between listening and watching the goings on for trying to work out that conundrum. Maybe today he would find some useful information he could sell on. He takes his broom from the sparse room and ties it to his back, just like in the dream, and splashes some water on his face. He is ready to leave.

Strainseir
2013-01-19, 09:54 AM
Ryder

Kodlak runs around free truly free. There are no walls to stop him. He too is drawn to the scent. When you call him he comes running sniffing at the trees. When you step into the trees for the first time you see him. a tall man lean with strong muscle. Long wild platinum blond hair falls down onto his shoulders. His pale body, near complete white, is only covered from the waist down in furs of deep black. His eyes are a similar black. In his right hand he holds a long curved knife that looks as though it is made from a chunk of the night sky that had been chiseled down.

The man turns to look at you with a brought smile a crown made of black bones resting upon his beautiful head," Greetings wolf brother. This world had gone far to long without one of your kind. There is corrupting that needs to be hunted and destroyed. The wild places are yours, wolf brother.

Strainseir
2013-01-19, 10:28 AM
Avaralynn
The crystals is a part of you, and for now that is all you can tell.
Despite trying over and over again, the weaponsmith cannot seem to make a setting that will hold it. The crystal seems to grow or shrink refusing to be set.
"I am sorry Lady Avaralynn. This crystal is unlike anything I have ever seen.. Please forgive me"

Moments later a man walks in. You know him to be Lord Tyrel. You know him by a different name. To you he is High overseer Tyrel, the man in charge of your training into being an overseer,"Young lady, I would request that you come with me."

Lu
As you finish washing you notice something sitting in the sink before you. A perfectly round copper orb sits in the skin. It is perfectly round and the size of an Eye. It is warm to the touch and almost seems to throb like it is alive at your touch. As long as the orb is within 5 feet of you you gain an inherent bonus of +1 to all stats. If it is outside of 10 feet you gain a negative level that can only be restored by bringing the crystal back within 10 feet.

A few moments later there is a loud knocking on the door. Jessua, the man that is currently in charge of paying you for being a sweeper, is calling at you through your door,"Today you will be sweeping near the mine opening. You are expected there within the hour."

DukeGod
2013-01-19, 10:52 AM
Ryder
"Wolf...brother?"

Ryder is sure the man could be talking to Kodlak as far as he knew. But the man was looking at him in specific. The good feeling of the scent is mostly gone. This is quite worrisome.

"What do you mean? My...kind? Where are we?"

Strainseir
2013-01-19, 10:53 AM
Conleth awakens with a shout. Hands rush up to his eyes grabbing them as that pain continues for a few more moments. When he took his hands away he could not see, but then after a moment his sight returns. A couching fit caught him next. A moment later a solid black crystal came falling out of his mouth onto his lap in bed. It was black with streaks of grey that made it seem almost sickly.

A heavy sigh shuddered from his as he got up to dress. Looking in his mirror as he began to shave, Conleth gave a start. His eyes were etched with the symbol of the watcher. It was not subtle. It faded after a few blink thankfully, but he knew it was there as well as a power in him he had not noticed before. It burned like a grey light deep inside of him.

"It is entirely too early for this... Work will do me some good." Conleth said as he headed out the door to go to the factory.

Strainseir
2013-01-19, 11:03 AM
Ryder

"We are in one of my realms. One of my many realms. You are a wolf brother. Others will awaken in time, but you will be their leader. The wild places are yours for eternity if you choose to reclaim them. Tie draws short wolf brother. The hunt begins son. Give me your hands." The man said as he held out his hands to you.

Zman
2013-01-19, 12:22 PM
Avaralynn

As Overseer Tyrel enters, she quickly pockets the gem, "As you wish." as she bows her head in respect, a sneer crosses he face for a moment.

Strainseir
2013-01-19, 01:09 PM
Avaralynn
Tyrel smiled a wicked grin at the sneer. He turned away and motioned to Avaralynn to follow him as he would motion to a trained dog to follow. When they are fully out of sight Tyrel turns to look at her,"Time has come for your first exam. There is an overseer waiting for you in the mines. If you can survive without exposing yourself to much then you will graduate. You will be the lowest class of junior overseer."

Zman
2013-01-19, 01:37 PM
Avaralynn

Avaralynn answers with a simple question, Define expose? I have no need for vague guidelines."

Strainseir
2013-01-19, 01:51 PM
Avaralynn
Tyrel just laughed horsey wiping a bit of water from his eye when she said that,"Come on girl, you know we know you have some sort of power. Both of your parents have talent. Do not let too many people see you use it. The overseer will be there to establish the level in which you have talent. I am hoping you turn out as powerful as our prospects things, but who knows. We might instead get the pleasure of dissecting you. For that is what we do to any overseer that falls. Do not worry, if you are exposed we would not dare harm a potential. The poor fools that see you may simply disappear, or have a terrible accident."

DukeGod
2013-01-19, 03:13 PM
Ryder

Apporaching the weird man, Ryder stops a few steps far of him. Hands to his side, clenched into fists. He looks to the man, and licks his lips. This might be worst idea he ever acted on

Still Kodlak never seemed threatetning. He believed his wolf could feel if any evil were coming from this man. And it didn't seem so

Thus, Ryder slowly raises his arms, opens his hands and presents them to the man

Mangles
2013-01-19, 03:18 PM
Lu-Tze wastes little time pocketing the orb deep in his robes and heading off to the mines. While it wasn't his usual haunt, any work is good work for a sweeper. Any work is better than the mines for someone in this district. In the mines a collapse was death, a gas pocket was death, working and breathing in the dust was a slow death. Much better to be a sweeper.

Lu-Tze makes his way to the mine entrance in a roundabout way. Skipping through lanes he new as safe and bypassing ones he knew he shouldn't enter. Even a sweeper must pay head who he disturbs. Especially a sweeper with a bit of copper about him. Best no one knew about the orb for now.

Zman
2013-01-19, 03:32 PM
Avaralynn

Following the Overseer, "Fair enough. I will proceed.". Avaralynn heads towards the mines.

Damn dirt and filth....damned overseer....pleasant.

Korney
2013-01-19, 11:55 PM
Boss

"It was... just a dream?" thinks Boss aloud as he looks at his palm while opening and closing it.
He stands up from the bed he slept that night trying to not wake up the company woman still lying on it.
He dresses slowly, still trying to understand what just heppened. When he puts on his right glove, covering the mark, he smiles.
I guess there's only one way to fing out.
He grabs his last equipment and runs outside the building, wanting to reach his factory as soon as he can, barely holding the thrill of reaching it. Like a child running to the playground.

He gets there breathing heavy and covered in sweat, but smiling. He heads to the forge. He puts on his leather apron and grabs a hammer.
"Let's see how much bright we can make today."
And starts the fire.

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs50/PRE/i/2009/266/0/0/While_The_Iron_Is_Hot_by_FuriousEnnui.jpg
Let's see if that dream had any effect in Boss' skills.
Craft [roll0] trying to craft a masterwork crafting hammer (MW crafting tools) for himself.
Question, how rare are special materials? Mithril? Adamantine?

Strainseir
2013-01-20, 01:19 AM
Ryder

Kodlak sits there and stares at the man before you. If you have her seen such a thing in Kodlak before you see it now. Your faithful wolf stares at the man before you in total awe.

The regal man grabs hold of your wrists and presses his thumb firmly into it," You will receive my mark wolf brother. You will awaken and know who you truly are. The wild places will be yours. The animals of my world will see you as one of them." he said as a strange feral power flowed into you from his touch surging into you turning the world to a deep warm blackness that was oddly comforting and quiet until you awaken.

Mangles
2013-01-20, 01:48 AM
Lu-Tze wastes no time starting to sweep at the mines entrance. He makes himself as unobtrusive and unnoticeable as possible. To be honest, few even bother to glance over his way. The raving drunks and other mine business far overshadow his job. Every now and again Lu-Tze stops and checks his pockets, to ensure the warm copper orb is secured.

Strainseir
2013-01-20, 10:36 AM
Conleth still shudders as he walks into the factory. He finds his usual place by the mills working steel into the shape of a gun. For a time the work centers his mind pulling away all the dark emotions he had recently. It would have worked had the crystal orb in his pocket not felt so heavy.

Strainseir
2013-01-20, 10:42 AM
Lu
As you reach for the orb you feel it is secure. In fact you feel it is so secure that unless you gave it to someone you are sure it would not leave your person outside of your will. However when you reach for it, the crystal seems to resonate and the mark on your arm seems to glow a little. Something is in the mine, something you must see.

Avaralynn
As you come near the mine you notice someone that had once been one of your many martial instructors growing up. Overseer Karris smiles at you almost motherly. She beckons you over to an alley near the entrance to the mine.
"It is good to see you child. Your potential is indeed great, I can feel it. You could be the strongest of us since we were formed. But come time is short." she says before stepping into the mine.

Boss
You make the hammer as easily as if you were forging them from putty. The steel seems to dance and sing at your touch almost as if it is happy to be worked by your hand.

However for a lowborn to obtain mithril or adamantine, you would have to steal it. Or at the very least everyone would think you stole it.

This crystal works the same as everyone else.

When you have finished crafting the hammer you notice something else there. A perfectly round orb the size of your eye. It is beautiful blue like the sky, but if you look closely you can see lightning streaking through it's depths.

As you work Alex walks up whistling slightly,"I knew you were good Boyo, but I had no idea your skills would grow so quickly. I almost do not want to send you out on delivery. You are to take some mining equipment to the mines. Tunnel 2c all the way to the end. We are sending someone with yea. Quiet fellam named Conleth. Good chap though he kinda gives e the willies. Good kid though. Type to take a bullet for yea. "

Conleth
As you work Jace walks up to you and puts his hand on your shoulder trying to scare you by startling you suddenly. He chuckles softly when it fails to work again."So, beanpole, I need you to go on a delivery run. You be going wiff Boss Reim. He not be as tall as you, but that man is a wall o' muscle. Too bad he is too good at tinkering to waste. Arms like he got could really put a hurt on some sarry blighta. Either way get your ass movin. The part is in a cart out front."

Zman
2013-01-20, 11:27 AM
Avaralynn

Returning the smile to Overseer Karris, her favorite Overseer....but Overseers are not to be trusted. Avaralynn quickly follows Karris into the mine...

Korney
2013-01-20, 12:40 PM
Boss

Boss looks happy at the resulting tool when he notices the orb. It's something strange yet familiar.
When he hears someone whistling he puts it inside his pouch.

As you work Alex walks up whistling slightly,"I knew you were good Boyo, but I had no idea your skills would grow so quickly. I almost do not want to send you out on delivery. You are to take some mining equipment to the mines. Tunnel 2c all the way to the end. We are sending someone with yea. Quiet fellam named Conleth. Good chap though he kinda gives e the willies. Good kid though. Type to take a bullet for yea. "

"The name is Boss and I also would preffer to stay by the forge today." Boss looks up and suddenly realizes who he is talking to "But if I'm the one for job I will gladly do it."
Boss smiles trying to let his first comment slip.
He takes out the apron and put his new hammer on his belt, and reaches for the breastplate armor he uses for deliveries. He leaves the building and reaches the usual delivery spot. Checking the bulk of items they have to deliver and securing them to the cart, so the good don't fall in case the tunnel is too bumpy.

While he waits there until the other messenger comes, he puts on his armor and adjust his greatsword straps. He usually doesn't have to use it, but better be ready, the deep mines are not frecuently visited and he is not sure how much hostility he will find there.

DukeGod
2013-01-20, 08:21 PM
Ryder wakes up. Kodlak, also stirred does so along with him.

"That was...awfully weird"

He looks at his wrists. (I assume the marks are there). A dream? That still affected him somehow? He looks around to find himself in the house he had taken in the city.

He decides to stop by the orphanage. Of course his purse was empty

Either way, he goes to the market. He has a very good idea of where to find the money

Mangles
2013-01-21, 02:41 AM
Lu-Tze peers down the mine. He had never felt the need to enter it before, preferring to leave its perils to those who got paid too little for it. Still something drew him down there, prehaps an answer to his dream and this orb. Lu-Tze starts into the mine, using his orb to guide his way.

Strainseir
2013-01-22, 09:11 PM
Conleth sighs heavily as Jace confronts him once more. That man's personality has always grated him. He however was the boss. Jace had given him a command, and Conleth would follow it. Conleth did not exactly enjoy confrontation. So he went to were Jace told him were Boss Remi would be waiting. He made sure his ammo belt was in place, and his special revolver was loaded and on his hip. The imposing bulk of Boss is noticed easily. Conleth walks up to him and waves softly,"You are Boss Remi, correct? We are suppose to go to the mine together."

Korney
2013-01-22, 10:08 PM
Boss

"And I suppose you are Conleth." sais Boss shaking his hand.
The guy was really tall, and he looked like he knew how to use his revolver. But he looked like he didn't really want to do it.

"Ok, let's go. The sooner we start the sooner we will be back."
Boss grabs the cart handles and start moving at a good pace.
"Usually I go alone on this kind of jobs. Do you have any particular business there?"

I hope he does. If Alex thought I needed a guard for this... better not to think of it.

Strainseir
2013-01-23, 11:54 AM
Conleth and Boss
As you approach the mine a man that looks for to clean to be a foreman smiles at you both,"Good, I a, glad you both got here so quickly. Head on down the tunnel. I do not know if Jace told you, but the two of you must also install the equipment. That is why there are two of you. Be swift now."

Lu
Around you there are more than one persons that look far to clean to be in the mine. Despite the fact that several of them notice your presence, no one confronts you about being in here. At one point a man starts to head over to you, he is covered in mine grime, when a man dressed cleanly calms to him to go back to work.

Ryder
As you look into the purse it is not empty. Inside is a single green orb with deep brown stripes. It practically feel alive in your hand as if roots and leaves might burst out of it at any moment. With the crystal you also find 10 gold coins. When you finally make it to the market something hits your senses. There is a smell coming from the mine. It is a smell so foul that it causes something deep and primal in you gets angry. Whatever is causing that stink must be ended.

Avaralynn
Karris smiles and leads you down a deserted tunnel heading deep into the dark,"It should be just this way."

Mangles
2013-01-23, 10:40 PM
Lu-Tze does what all sweepers do best, unslings his broom and begins cleaning the floor. He tries to fade into the background and work out what is going on.

Stealth: [roll0] (Lu-Tze had hide in plain site if it matters.)
Perception [roll1]

DukeGod
2013-01-24, 10:42 AM
As Ryder enters the market, his purse safely put in a hidden pocket, and the smell hits him, he almost immediately takes his sword out and runs.

But he knows that'd be a bad idea. But he couldn't stand around doing nothing. He tries to search his mind for why would he be angry at whatever was there? He hadn't even felt that smell any other time in his life. It was just a bad stench. He really should be at best, disconforted, or nauseated

None of that stays in his mind for much longer. He simply gives in and runs towards the mine, and as soon as he is out of the sights of any person, his sword is quick to leave the sheath, Kodlak at his side

Strainseir
2013-01-24, 12:22 PM
Ryder
You smell it coming from the very mine itself. No one seems to stop you or even notice you. Everyone in the mine seems to be moving slowly even when working. It is like they are all in some sort of daze. Now Kodlak can smell it too. HE growls lowly and calls out as if you can actually hear him speak. Unlean... Abomination...

Korney
2013-01-24, 12:44 PM
Boss

Conleth and Boss
As you approach the mine a man that looks for to clean to be a foreman smiles at you both,"Good, I a, glad you both got here so quickly. Head on down the tunnel. I do not know if Jace told you, but the two of you must also install the equipment. That is why there are two of you. Be swift now."

Great, now I have to do other's job too. Thinks Boss as he heads down the tunnel. He checks what's exactly in the cart a while later, once the foreman is out of sight.

DukeGod
2013-01-24, 02:31 PM
Ryder

Without stopping, seeing the stench from inside the mine, Ryder delves in, sword in hand, and starts looking for anything that is suspiciously, or most important, moving faster than the other miners

I don't know the status of light in the mine, but I got Low-light vision to any distance, and Darkvision up to 15 feet

Strainseir
2013-01-25, 07:37 PM
Boss and Conleth
A foreman walks up to you with a slightly glazed look,"You're the boys with the new drill parts. Good. Get down there replace the parts." he said as he points towards the largest tunnel that everyone seems to be avoiding.

Ryder
No one seems to notice you. However you do see two very tall men walking down the tunnel the stink is coming from. They almost seem to give off the same feel as your wolf or the crystal. The two men are pushing a cart and obviously do not notice the stink.

Lu
No one seems to notice you but you do see two large men pushing a cart. These men do not see you either, but that copper orb seems to resonate with those two. You can ignore the pull if you wish, but something wants you to follow them.

Korney
2013-01-26, 10:31 AM
Boss

"We haven't been paid for a repairing job. We are here just for deliver. If we reach the end of the tunnel and there is nobody there to recieve it, we will just leave it there. Mister." Boss confronts the foreman, just because they don't like the tunnel doesn't mean they have the status to order Boss arround. Boss follows Alex's orders only.

DukeGod
2013-01-26, 11:28 AM
Ryder

Crouching slow, Ryder beings to stalk the two figures. He does his best to stop the smell from getting to his mind aswell

Strainseir
2013-01-26, 12:00 PM
Conleth nods his head as he walks with boss"I agree. Once it is done there I say we leave. I have never been sent on a delivery before. This place feels wrong to me. There better be people at the end of the tunnel... This place is just to eerie."

Mangles
2013-01-26, 04:29 PM
Lu-Tze trails along behind the cart, keeping to the shadows and making himself as unobservant as possible. His faith in the orb is resolute.

Strainseir
2013-01-27, 01:29 AM
Avaralynn
The overseer smiles to you as she pulls on her mask now that no one is in sight,"Whatever is causing the disturbance should be just this way." She says as he turned a corner. Before you have a chance to follow you hear her scream a scream of true unfiltered terror. The next sound you here is a loud crunch met by the sound of tearing leather and a splash.

Everyone else
The scream of a single woman rips through the tunnel. It is the scream of a woman that has truly looked into her own death just before meeting her gruesome end.

Zman
2013-01-27, 01:52 AM
Avaralynn

With the scream, Avaralynn simply acts, her Fey Blade in hand he rushes towards he sound eyes and ears open.

Strainseir
2013-01-27, 02:07 AM
Avaralynn
As you round the corner you see a horror that you never have before.

http://art.ngfiles.com/images/195/suiamena_grasher.jpg

The last half of the overseer's torn body hangs in pieces from it's massive mouth as it chews almost lazily.

Save against fear dc 15 or be shaken
Also you need init if you plan to fight. It is not going to fight just yet.

Korney
2013-01-27, 10:22 AM
Boss

When Boss hears the scream lets the cart hit the ground and runs towards the origin of the sound as fast as he can.

In case I see the thing too and need a save.
fear [roll0]
I recomend that the DM make this "pasive" rolls, so we don't have to wait until the player posts.

DukeGod
2013-01-27, 11:34 AM
Ryder

Going after his escaping "prey", Ryder abandons his stealth.
Once the man stops, he considers a quick slit of throat, but upon seeing the creature, his target changes

There was no doubt as to what was causing the smell.

Nothing like fighting a craeture that won't give us flanking bonuses to create some teamwork

Will check vs Fear [roll0]

Oh, right Kodlak (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=505158)'s sheet is done
His save vs Fear, if necessary [roll1]

Zman
2013-01-27, 12:34 PM
Avaralynn

Avaralynn sees a crearure... Her mind begins to immediately start working...

Will Save[roll0]
Initiative[roll1]
Appropriate Knowledge(Arcana, Dungeoneering, or Local)[roll2]
Perception[roll3]

Mangles
2013-01-28, 07:07 AM
The womans cry spurns Lu-Tze into action and he heads down the tunnel towards the scream. He follows some other people heading in that direction. Good. Something scared that girl and it would be good to have backup for it.

Strainseir
2013-02-03, 08:38 PM
Avaralynn

You know what this thing is but not what it is called. This is a horrible abomination of life given to dead flesh. a mount of animals were combined together to form a husk that had a semblance of life forced into it so that it can get past the mysitcal barrier that prevents undead.

You get a surprise round on the grasher. As for perception you notice bits of bodies around you that use to be workers.

Go for your surprise round.

Everyone else

It will take one round for you to reach the scream if you run. Please roll initiative.

DukeGod
2013-02-03, 08:44 PM
Ah ****, I din't roll initiative?
Kodlak is shaken so he'll stay out I guess
Is that thing Undead?

Initiative [roll0]

Zman
2013-02-03, 09:14 PM
Avaralynn begins muttering in the High Tongue, calling forth arcane protections though excising her will.

Cast Shield: AC24

Korney
2013-02-03, 10:15 PM
Boss
Initiative [roll0]

Strainseir
2013-02-04, 01:27 AM
Conleth

[roll0] will save
[roll1] initiative

Mangles
2013-02-04, 02:56 AM
Lu-Tze runs straight for the creature.

[roll0]

Strainseir
2013-02-04, 03:08 AM
Initiatives
Avaralynn
Conleth
Lu
Boss
Ryder
Grasher

The creature counts as undead for favored enemy. It is an augmented undead and an aberration subtype. The only people acting the first round are Avaralynn and the creature. Everyone else will reach next turn. Anyone that us shaken can still act normally you simply take the normal penalties.

Zman
2013-02-04, 06:28 AM
Avaralynn advances on the creature, her eyes cold as she attempts to slice the beast with her Fey Blade.

Arcane Strike Power Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]
SpellDrive(If Hit)[roll2]

Strainseir
2013-02-04, 03:28 PM
The grasher leaps back as the blade comes down, it's movement is enough to keep the fey blade from piercing it's hard skin. Then it leaps forward to take a bite of Avaralynn but it is easily dodged.

Zman
2013-02-04, 05:39 PM
Avaralynn pressed her attack, not giving an inch... Fury building as she failed hit hit with her first attack...

AmI that slow, this filth dodged my attack so easily?...

Damage[roll1]
Spelldrive[roll2]

Zman
2013-02-04, 05:40 PM
Avaralynn attempts to drive her attack home...

Critical Confirmation
Damage[roll1]

Korney
2013-02-04, 06:03 PM
OOC: I'm confused, have our magical powers awaken already? I see Zman attacking with Arcane stuff.

Strainseir
2013-02-04, 07:50 PM
Conleth came to a halt as he spotted the monstrous creature charging a woman in armor. It was like a story, but this thing was terrifying. His hands shake as he grabs for his gun. When he moved to pull the trigger something flows from him. A dark energy glows from the gun and when he fires it launches out with a force empowered by magic far beyond the gun's normal capabilities.

Eldrich blow through the gun.
[roll0] attack verse touch ac
[roll1] plus [roll2]

Mangles
2013-02-05, 02:58 AM
Lu-Tze wastes no time closing in on the foul beast. His broom breaks apart and Lu-Tze strikes at the beast, trying to trip it up.

Trip attempt: [roll0]
If successful, free attack: [roll1] for [roll2]+[roll3]

Korney
2013-02-06, 12:06 PM
Boss

Boss opens his eyes widely when he sees the foul creature with body parts arround fighting against a woman.
He is gald to see others have also come to check and hapily joined the battle.
He charges with his greatsword against the creature completing the surround the gathered group now have against it.

Charge + power attack (1) + Eldritch blow
Attack [roll0]
Weapon Damage [roll1]
+ Eldritch Blow Damage [roll2]

In case of crit:
[roll3]

Something strange happens when he attacks. The closer he gets to the others the more familiar they seem to be but before he can think further into it he sense a burning power flowing from his heart through his arms, and sees how the edge of his blade emits a spark as it hits the creature flesh.
What is this? It feels... powerful!

DukeGod
2013-02-06, 09:14 PM
Ryder

Cursing oaths under his breath, Ryder runs towards the beast. There were no plants nearby so that he could summon a spell. Part of him finds that thought weird. It seemed so natural, spellcasting, even if he had never done it before

That aside, he fights with that which he knows. This creature was undead, he could recognize parts of it that seemed a bit universal to all of those bastards. He locks into part of the undead flesh that would inpair it's capability of holding the rest of the body's integrity, and goes for an attack there!

So, it's my Favored Enemy. Yay!
EDIT: Oh great, forgot to add the /roll ¬¬'
Oh well, use the Critical Confirmation as my hit roll
[roll]1d20+7
Damage Roll [roll0]
Critical Confirmation [roll1]
And Critical Damage [roll2]

Strainseir
2013-02-07, 12:22 PM
The grasher lets out a low angry growls that almost actually sounds as if the beast cursed at those that struck it. It takes a quick step back before vomiting forth a gout of stomach acid and body parts.

All those that moved into melee range take 6 acid damage, reflex dc 15 for half. Also roll dc 15 fort save or be sickened

Zman
2013-02-07, 12:26 PM
Reflex for Half[roll0]
Fortitude or Sickened[roll1]

Zman
2013-02-07, 01:16 PM
Avaralynn continues to press her attack....

Damage[roll1]

Korney
2013-02-07, 03:02 PM
Boss
<After Conleth and Lu>

Die abomination! shouts Boss as he sees the body parts coming out of its mouth.

I guess I can assume we are flanking it by now.
Reflex [roll0] vs 15
Fort [roll1] vs 15
Sickened! For how long?

Flank + power attack (1) + Eldritch blow
Attack [roll2] -2 sick
Weapon Damage [roll3] -2 sick
+ Eldritch Blow Damage [roll4]

In case of crit:
[roll5]

Mangles
2013-02-07, 03:52 PM
Reflex: [roll0]
Fortitude: [roll1]

Mangles
2013-02-07, 03:57 PM
Lu-Tze tries once again to catch the creature off guard. He goes for a low sweep.

Trip touch attack: [roll0] (This should be +5 not +2, doh, does not provoke, sickened cancels flanking,)
Str check [roll1] (extra +2 due to feats)
If successful, free attack: [roll2] for [roll3]+[roll4]

DukeGod
2013-02-07, 06:41 PM
Ryder
(After Boss)

"Damnit..."

The feeling that comes from the vomit of the thing, makes so Ryder can't resist. His smell was too enhanced, and being blasted with such a thing, along with the abominable scent of evil is too much for him to handle

The thing didn't seem that worried over the damage caused. They could use some help. He remembers the other part of his newfound spellcasting capability. With a word, Ryder calls to a a monster from far away, and ignoring distance and other, summons it to his side

Burning "Entangle" to spontaneuously cast Summon Nature Ally I
To bring in a Giant Centipede to the fight. If that is possible I mean
Edit: Changing the roleplay a bit, to show that I'm sick
And my rolls
Reflex for Half Damage [roll0]
Fortitude for Sicken [roll1]

Strainseir
2013-02-08, 06:16 PM
Conleth grimaces when he sees those that moved forward hit by a wave of vomit from that monster. In response he fires his gun and fires the same dark burst shouting,"Die you horrible thing!"

[roll]1d20+8[/toll] touch attack damned roll screwup
[roll0] damage from gun [roll1] damage from blast

Strainseir
2013-02-08, 06:17 PM
[roll0] second try

Strainseir
2013-02-09, 02:01 PM
The grasher moved sluggishly as bits of it's flesh began yo fall off. It looked ready to fall over. However it still tried to bite hoping to swallow the one that first attacked it. The bite landed but there was no where near enough force left in it.

Avaralyn take 3 physical and 1 acid damage.

Zman
2013-02-09, 02:15 PM
Avaralynn holds her bloodied arm, ready to fall over after her encounter with the Gasher.

Ouch, down to 2/12HP

Korney
2013-02-09, 10:04 PM
Boss

Boss reacts quickly and grabs the female warrior as he sees her face go pale. He helps her to sit down on the floor and finds himself still disgusted of the smell of the dead creature and can't do much more than ask "Do any of you have any healing skills?"

After that he focus his attention on the ramains of the body and tries to figure out what just happened.

Knowledge (Religion) [roll0] creature? Magic?
Knowledge (Planes) [roll1] creature?
Knowledge (Arcana) [roll2] Magic?

Zman
2013-02-09, 10:28 PM
Avaralynn

As the man comes to help her down, a fire of indignation burns within. She brushes off his help, "I will survive and need little help.". For a small blonde women she doesn't blink in the face of other, more physically intimidating men.

What does Boss look like?

DukeGod
2013-02-09, 10:36 PM
Ryder

"I do"

The words come out before he has time to think. As he walks towards Avarylinn he sics the giant centipede that was summoned at the Grasher. Dead or alive that thing could use a few more blows just to be safe

Not caring about what the woman says, he holds one of her hands in both of his. And holds strong. Again, magic seemed easy. He doesn't really understand why, but it seemed to simulate and amplify the effects of several herbs by a thousandfold

"Redroot can be used to replenish blood. Cylum's stem helps with repairing the skin. Toxilin to stop infections?"

Casting Cure Light Wounds. And that's the last of my 1st level spells for today

[roll0]

Strainseir
2013-02-10, 07:36 AM
The grasher moves to attack the two that have moved as if it as still not there. Fortunately it is tackled by a giant centipede that injects it's poison into the thing instantly starting to eat the partially putrid flesh.

Mangles
2013-02-10, 04:33 PM
Lu-Tze nearly drops to the ground now that the battle is over. He folds up his staff back to a broom and leans on it heavily. Proffering a proverb for the universe "For is it not written that the brave shall meet defending the weak."

He turns to the others "My name is Lu-Tze the sweeper."

Strainseir
2013-02-10, 05:09 PM
Conleth does fall to his knees as he is shaken," the ****.... the ****. Was that thing real." he said as he pulled himself up from him feet looking to his gun,"So we all have some sort of power then? Did any of you see something in your dreams last night... I think the Watcher spoke to me."

DukeGod
2013-02-11, 06:56 PM
Ryder

"Someone did talk to me, but I am unsure as to wether the Watcher is who it was"

Ryder pukes something out, in the opposite direction as to anyone else. Looks like he wasn't out of his sickness yet

"Can we leave this place? The smell of that thing is still all over"

Strainseir
2013-02-12, 11:12 AM
"I would have to agree. We need to leave. The woman needs medical attention. Hell all of you do!" Conleth said as he looked at the gore and nearly vomited.

Zman
2013-02-12, 11:18 AM
Avaralynn

Avaralynn surveys the situation before, holding back her words, trying to gather a measure of the people around her.

Th people around her have demonstrated particular abilities..."Take caution of to whom you speak and what is said. Discussing such things can be hazardous to ones health when standing over the corpse of an Overseer and a broken abomination."

Heal Check[roll0] is she dead.

Post made assuming she is.

Strainseir
2013-02-16, 12:41 PM
An overseer walks in. He is dressed in a formal red uniform with golden buttons and insignia that only Avaralynn will know signals him as a high captain near the very top of the order. The golden smiling mask is a trademark of overseer Tyrel, which she would also know. The overseer walking over to the monster and kicks a slightly chewed hand over,"Ah Karris... Too bad. You know I slept with her a couple times. Too bad."

The overseer chuckled and turned to look at the group,"Well I was not expecting the rest of you to be here... or to be able to get through the magical protections we put up. This thing should not have been here. It was suppose to be a minor event. Too many died today... Gonna have to collapse this tunnel to cover this up. Costly."

The overseer pulled off his mask exposing his face, which everyone knows that is never suppose to happen,"Congratulations. Only one of you was being groomed to join us, however all of you are going to now be overseers. Congratulations, with your power you are now in special forces directly under me and the Emperor."

Korney
2013-02-16, 04:57 PM
Boss

"How can you..." Boss hardly controls himself as he sees the overseer showing no respect to the inocent people that died. And making himself sound like he was responsible for the monster appaerance didn't make it better.
But after a few second he decides the best way to act is to stay silent now. I have been accepted to whatever this overseers really do, I will find out the truth, and if he is guilty of this...

Boss holds himself, clearly shaken at the events, and looks into the man's eyes as if trying toread his mind.

OOC: Did I know this Karris girl?

Zman
2013-02-16, 04:59 PM
Avaralynn

Avaralynn lets out an audible sigh of frustration, "Tyrel, that simple. They are to become Overseers?!"

DukeGod
2013-02-16, 05:16 PM
Ryder
Ryder accepts his dream, and everything that happend in it. Becoming an Overseer could solve a lot of his problems. So, it's with a surprise, that, going against his nature of thinking very carefully, he says it out loud without taking too much time to decide

"I cannot be an Overseer. I can hardly believe it'd mean that much in this city. I've been to the darkest portions of it. And now, I know. This is not my place. I was given the wild lands. The unknown places from far beyond the horizon seen from the highest of this city. I cannot be a figure of authority here, if I am to be a rebel, to the undead that taint and corrupt that which I want"

Mangles
2013-02-16, 06:04 PM
Lu-Tze nods at the overseer. "I will join your cause on a condition. I do it as a free agent. As a sweeper. Under your rule, but not restricted by it."

Strainseir
2013-02-17, 01:35 AM
Conleth honestly considered turning his gun at on this overseer, but he instantly realized just how foolish that would be. Sighing heavily he holstered the pistol and simply asked,"So what exactly do you want us to do? And if we say no what will you do?"

Strainseir
2013-02-17, 08:30 PM
Tyrell looks to the group with a wide grin,"You will accept my decision girl. You might have been groomed for this, but they show as much potential. Have you forgotten that you father was accepted the same way. As for what you all will do, that is special. Only one of you actually knows what an overseer does. We are not the law. That is left to the watch. You all have powers of magic inside you. Too many people fear magic in this world. Your job will be to protect these people from the magic that they do not want to believe is real. And seeing as how you lot are rather talented at destruction, you will be my monster hunters. As for choosing to refuse, any that choose to not be an overseer can head out of the cave now. About sixty overseers will be waiting for you to make sure you never become a problem we need to cover up."

DukeGod
2013-02-20, 03:40 PM
Ryder

"So, you're saying you will kill us if we do not accept?"

Mangles
2013-02-20, 04:36 PM
Lu-Tze nods "That is what he is saying. I think we all choose life, and working for you." though Lu-Tze doesn't say it, the words for now hang unspoken in the air

Strainseir
2013-02-21, 11:23 AM
"I thought you might see it my way." he said as he pulled an apple out of his pocket and took a big bite of it,"Man that is good. I hate to waste talent. By the end of the day an overseer will come for you at your home. Do as he or she says. You will be getting new quarters and some special equipment. IF you lose any of it more than likely you will be killed. Now get going. I need to clean up."