PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] NO XIV: Running with the Wolf Pack

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Morty
2013-01-17, 07:02 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/NOlogos-1.png
NEUTRALIST ORGANIZATION

Based in a complex on the slopes of a mountain in one of the colder regions of the Nexus, the Neutralist Organization is the most prominent faction of mercenaries and adventurers in this world. Their skills are offered for hire to anyone who can pay.

More than that, Neutralist Organization exerts considerable control over the teeming masses of the freelance mercenaries, adventurers, hired weapons and troubleshooters of the chaotic land of the Nexus. They offer licenses that entitle one to discounts, legal protection and job offers... in exchange for a cut of the profits. To that effect, NO has offices in Inside and Riverside. NO does not appreciate competition, so unlicensed mercenaries operating in Inside and Riverside are subject to a negative marketing campaign. If one proves troublesome, harsher steps may be taken.

Hiring NO:
Neutralist Organization is a group which purpose is to be the neutral force.
It's a congregation of mercenaries who solve problems and do dirty work for anyone who pays, regardless of their moral and social standing. Their only rule is: no assassinations. NO can't be hired to murder anyone, as it'd quickly lead to the group being persecuted and vilified. Contracts can be negotiated with Dipsnig or any of his Lieutenants (see Member List below).

OOC Notes: When a job is agreed, please fill out this form in the thread. Whoever made the OP will then be responsible for pasting it in place and keeping the jobs list up to date.

Job: (include link to post where it is described)
Hired by: Character name (Player name)
Target: either "Character name (Player name)" if pvp or "npcs run by <player name>" if it's a plot that the person who hired NO is GMing"
Job assigned to: List NO Member(s) (player names not necessary)
Payment: What type of payment? Any received in advance? No job should be moved to completed until payment has been received in full.
Notes: Anything that might be applicable.

New Members:
In order to be hired as a full-time member of NO, one needs to prove their worth either to their leader or one of his lieutenants. Usually, it involves being a mercenary of some skill and professional standards, but the organization is also open to those with other valuable skills, provided they can prove that they'd be useful to the group. Full-time NO members enjoy the access to NO-exclusive jobs, and a cut of the profits and influence their control over the mercenary business brings.

Application form for would-be members:
Name:
Race:
Profession:
Reason for joining:
Possible services offered to would-be employers:

Licenses:
Those unwilling or unable to join NO full-time can apply for their licenses. Obtaining one is relatively simple, requiring only coming to their main base or one of the offices and filing in their name. A license comes with the following benefits:
Discounts in Trog's Tavern, Black Dragon's Den, Erin's Emporium and Azik's Enchantments
Protection from dishonest employers.
Access to job offers.
However, the license may be revoked if the holder associates in any way with AMEN, works for or with slavers or glaringly breaches the organization's professional standards. The first time it happens, the license can be returned for a fee. The second time the fee is higher and the third time, the license is revoked permanently.

OOC Rules:
1. No godmodding.
2. No destroying the whole place. No, not even then.
3. Keep the curtains to a reasonable amount.

The base consists of several buildings located in the cold regions of the Nexus. It tends to snow a lot. It resembles an arctic base somewhat, but is much more friendly and hospitable.

Layout:
One central building, containing the common room, the kitchen, the infirmary, the armoury and the tunnel entrance. Four smaller buildings connected to the main one by roofed corridors: One for sleeping quarters, one for the laboratories, one for the training area and one for storage. Also, there are considerably large beast pens also connected with the main building.

Room Descriptions:

Main Room:

Infirmary:
This room has come a long way from where it was. The circular room has been fitted with a number of high-tech hospital beds, and some healing tanks. The walls are lined with supplies, tools, medical apparatus, and many things that look very, very advanced. Everything short of surgery can be done in here. The tanks are on the far side of the circle from the door, five of them, currently empty. A sign is posted next to the tanks:

WARNING: HEALING TANKS ARE ONLY FOR EMERGENCIES. ONLY USE TANKS WITH DOCTOR RECOMMENDATION. ACTIVE TANKS MUST BE MONITORED BY A TRAINED PROFESSIONAL AT ALL TIMES.

Against the wall near the entrance are a number of stretchers. One spot in the right wall is a marked out section of blank wall. A note is attached:

“See about having a door put in here, for emergencies.” Oddly, on the other side of that wall is the armoury.

Almost missable in the calculated medical clutter are white curtains, which can be pulled upon tracks in the ceiling to give bedridden patients some peace. Sanitation stations (like modern hospital sinks, but even cleaner) are at the front and back of the room. Each station has spots for hand washing, instrument washing, general trash throw-out, and hazardous trash throw-out.

Yeah, the NO infirmary is now prepared for anything short of surgery.

The surgery is done in the member’s quarters.

CB-484, not seeing the point in a large room for himself, has converted the bulk of his room into a fully-equipped futuristic emergency room and surgery centre. It has lots of adjustable lights, emergency supplies, pointy objects, things with large warning signs on them, and a sanitation station. One door off to the side is marked “CB-484 Only.” What was once the closet of the room has been deemed suitable to be CB’s living quarters, and he has no intention to expand.
Kitchen:

Labs:

Important: There's an extensive cave and tunnel network is located under the base and the mountain behind it and some tunnels go forth to key Nexus locations. Both are accessed through the main building. There's a separate door for the complex and the tunnels.

Map:
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/no-base2.png

Defences:
Defences:
1. Secure walls and windows that can be locked if needed.
2. Six Aperture Science laser-targeting chain-gun turrets placed on the exterior of the base.
3. Two Asuran golems (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/d/d3/Chubby_Golem_model.jpg) programmed to obey NO members and defend both the personnel and the base.
4. Clockwork penguins, armed with light machine guns. Crude and ineffective, but numerous.
5. Dimensional lock placed on the entire base.

Completed Contracts:
Job: Capture a nullified MagClone for Warwick.
Hired by: Winslow Warwick (happyturtle)
Target: Tom Godlark (Lord Magtok)
Job assigned to: Nero, Kirk, some other people?
Payment: Money, Received
Notes: Because of various screw ups, Dipsnig agreed not to accept any contracts against Warwick.

Job: Restore Magical Abilities of Karyana
Hired by: S'Kanthos (C'nor)
Target: Karyana (C'nor)
Job assigned to: Ashley
Payment: Currency for NO, a special, agreed-upon reward for Ashley.

Job: Capture Amelia Jones or Retrive Magic Book and Key from Her
Hired by: Edward Totoy
Target: Amelia Jones (Played by McBish)
Job assigned to: Kirk, Cassidy
Payment: Gold, 2 thousand (Per item retrived) and 4 thousand for Amelia. plus expenses
Notes: Amelia is known to be dangerous, having killed several people sent after her (Nameless NPC's.) Her old address (Inside at [Amelia's Home]) is abandnoned. A favorite hang out spot The Red Dog Tavern, may be a good place to look. A picture of Amelia is also provided.

Job: Infiltrate AMEN and steal the cure for their plague
Hired by: Shalyn and DC, respectively
Target: AMEN
Job assigned to: Dipsnig, Dena
Payment: Money
Notes:

Job: Find Felandria, a giant sorceress, and capture her
Hired by: Deadra Blackfyre (Felandria)
Target: Felandria (Felandria)
Job assigned to: Krait
Payment: 1000 Platinum
Notes:

Current Contracts:

Job: Find tactical information about the Temples of Dalachrech
Hired by: Dipsnig
Target: The Cult of Dalachrech
Job assigned to: Anyone
Notes:

Job: Dig up dirt about the Temple to Dalachrech in the Northside district of Riverside
Hired by:
Target: The Cult of Dalachrech
Job assigned to: Anyone
Notes:

Job: Gather Blood samples of representatives of the grat Organisations. Watchtower, GloG, Remnant, NO, Halo, MagCave (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15474176&postcount=789)
Hired by: Arkant (Zefir)
Target:
Job assigned to:
Payment: Proper amount of Money Or magical gems
Notes: The blood samples should be marked with the person it came from and should be a known representativ of the organisation.

Job: Kidnap a MagClone without alerting anyone in the process. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=714)
Hired by: Professor Affidavit (Gnrlshrimp)
Target: Magtok (Magtok)
Job assigned to:
Payment: Anti-air defenses, with bonuses for completing the task quickly and for ensuring that the kidnapping remains a secret.

List of members:
Dipsnig Razortooth (The Boss) (Morty)
CB (Chief Medic) (Lost Deep)
Dena (Lieutenant) (Shadowcaller)
Kirk Locke (Lieutenant) (Gulaghar)
Bianca (Lex-Kat)
Caroline (Lex-Kat)
Cassidy (Rotting Baron)
Eshter (Gulaghar)
Jazirian (KrisOnAStick)
Kuko (OrchestraHC)
Krait (Lord Magtok)
Reyna (DC)
Rilla (Harnel)
Roxie (happyturtle)
~~ Fluffy (Wolfbane)
~~ Tweetums (Vampire Rot)
Slii (Slii Arhem)
TSA-1 (Nanobot Swarm)
Vincent (Reinholdt)

*If you were on the list before and dropped for inactivity, you can be re-added at any time by request.

Inside and Riverside Offices:

NO has offices in Inside and Riverside, where mercenaries can come to receive licenses, inquire about job opportunities, make complaints about dishonest employers and conduct other administrative business.

Lost_Deep
2013-01-17, 07:07 PM
{Med Lab}

Caroline and Vincent will/should appear on the floor, just inside the room, near a bed.

Caroline's leg is twisted wrong, obviously broke. She collapses, her hand gripping a camera-like object.

{Med Lab}

Vincent's here too, electrocuted if his hair is any in- oh no wait, that's just his hair.

But he's still been highly electrocuted and sliced in a few places. If he hadn't swapped out that fish armor mid-battle, he'd probably be Game Over'd.

CB looks over at the pair...

"Get her on a bed and then get on one yourself. Right now."

CB will go about medically scanning the pair and then stabilizing them if it's needed. The two of them not dying is the first priority. Then he will go about setting Caroline's leg, and seeing if it maybe needs more specialized attention.

Time for Never
2013-01-18, 12:48 AM
[Main Room]

The penguin does not answer. It is a fairly simple clockwork automaton and such functions are beyond it.

On a side note, when Vordenar visits the beast pens, he will probably notice that there appears to be several rather large wolves in there. They regard him suspiciously and do not approach unless approached.

Vordenar appears slightly dejected at this revelation but nonetheless is still excited to be in the presence of the robotic bird. He makes sure to keep up his appearances on the outside however. When he arrives at the beast pens Vordenar will temporarily put the automaton out of mind as he notices the wolves. His eyes lock on theirs and stays where he is, examining them.

Are they in a cage or are they free roaming?

Zefir
2013-01-18, 04:58 AM
[Front Door]

A man, coming from Inside starts knocking at the door.

Morty
2013-01-18, 10:32 AM
Vordenar appears slightly dejected at this revelation but nonetheless is still excited to be in the presence of the robotic bird. He makes sure to keep up his appearances on the outside however. When he arrives at the beast pens Vordenar will temporarily put the automaton out of mind as he notices the wolves. His eyes lock on theirs and stays where he is, examining them.

Are they in a cage or are they free roaming?

The wolves are lying on the ground, with no cages or other sort of restraints. One of them, a big silver-furred female, gets up, walks up to him and sniffs at him.

Time for Never
2013-01-18, 06:48 PM
The wolves are lying on the ground, with no cages or other sort of restraints. One of them, a big silver-furred female, gets up, walks up to him and sniffs at him.

Vordenar stands where he is and lets the wolf smell him. After a few moments when he senses that the female has gotten familiar with him will crouch down and attempt to pet her. She should be able to detect that he is friendly towards her.

Morty
2013-01-19, 04:26 PM
Vordenar stands where he is and lets the wolf smell him. After a few moments when he senses that the female has gotten familiar with him will crouch down and attempt to pet her. She should be able to detect that he is friendly towards her.

The female wolf's tail swishes as Vordenar pets her. She can tell he's friendly and assumes he won't be any danger to her family.

[Front Door]

The door will slide open for the man, as always.

Zefir
2013-01-19, 06:38 PM
[Front Door]

The man walks in and starts looking around the place.

"Hello?" he asks into the room.

Time for Never
2013-01-19, 09:56 PM
The female wolf's tail swishes as Vordenar pets her. She can tell he's friendly and assumes he won't be any danger to her family.

[Front Door]

The door will slide open for the man, as always.

He continues to pet her gently for a minute or so and then will continue on his way to the member's rooms. What's this business with the wasps? Would Vordenar see these creatures during his short tour?

Gullara
2013-01-19, 10:12 PM
[Members Quarters]

He will have indeed seen wasps during his tour. They generally stay out of the way, in the corners of the ceiling and behind things, but they seem to be ever present. There aren't very many in this area, but if he passes one door on the bottom floor or the door of the room immediately above it, he'll hear a strange buzzing noise.

Time for Never
2013-01-20, 01:29 AM
[Members Quarters]

He will have indeed seen wasps during his tour. They generally stay out of the way, in the corners of the ceiling and behind things, but they seem to be ever present. There aren't very many in this area, but if he passes one door on the bottom floor or the door of the room immediately above it, he'll hear a strange buzzing noise.

[Members Quarters]

The Shadar Kai will look towards the ceiling once he hears the persistent buzzing noises. Noticing the wasps hanging around the rafters, he momentarily stares at them before moving on. He had just seen dire wolves running around loose and clockwork penguins waddling to and fro, seeing a few insects didn't seem too out of place here. Once he concludes the tour he will pet the penguin on the head despite it not being able to feel anything. For now Vordenar will go to his designated room.

Morty
2013-01-20, 12:53 PM
[Front Door]

The man walks in and starts looking around the place.

"Hello?" he asks into the room.

Behind the door he'll find Dipsnig, whom he met in DFI.
"Hello. We've met before, haven't we?"

Zefir
2013-01-20, 01:26 PM
[Front Door]

Fade nods to Dipsnig, a bit confused yb the sudden appereance. Or maybe Fade didn't pay that much attention.

"Yes that's right. It was in the Inn. I think you remember why I'm here?"

Morty
2013-01-20, 01:30 PM
[Front Door]

"You wanted to join," the goblin says. "What skills do you have to offer this organization?"

Zefir
2013-01-20, 01:48 PM
[Front Door]

"Many. I have worked as a mercenari myself for some time. I can be sneaky, but I can also stand in an open fight. I would need a better description of the jobs you got, since I have many other skills as well."

He speaks in his still emotionless voice.

Hattish Thing
2013-01-20, 02:15 PM
Main Room

Clegg speaks now. Alrigh', gentlemen! Let's get ready. Dipsnig, where exactly i' thi' las' crew member? Eh? We shoul' ge' goin', we 'ave a long journey ahea'. Also, I'd like you all to sign this waver, makin' i' clear tha' your deaths are no' my concern, I'd like thi' operation t' not stab me in th' back. i 'ave a small ship, and we'll sail ou' t' th' spot. First, we go to Widows Beach, my boat's waitin' there. Afterwards it's abou' an 'ours row t' th' wreckage area. Then we jump in. Alrigh'? Everyone ready?

Morty
2013-01-20, 02:31 PM
[Front Door]

"Many. I have worked as a mercenari myself for some time. I can be sneaky, but I can also stand in an open fight. I would need a better description of the jobs you got, since I have many other skills as well."

He speaks in his still emotionless voice.

"Sneaking and fighting... this covers most of the jobs we get," Dipsnig says with a shrug. "We tend to be hired to find people, places and information. Do you think you can do this sort of thing?

Zefir
2013-01-20, 02:57 PM
[Front Door]

"I'm able to track someone down, as long as there is a track. I think finding a place is something I can do best due to the three options. I can reach places even a rat has problems with."

Hattish Thing
2013-01-20, 03:02 PM
Clegg had missed Deana! Wasn't paying attention. Well, he speaks one last time. Alrigh', everyone follow me! You are t' call me Captain Clegg, or Clegg. Understand? I expect a good, obedient crew. No funny business. Or I'll be sure yer punished accordingly. Thi' mission is impertant, and I will no' tolerate failure. We're on t' fin' th' path t' being billionaires, all 'o' us. Imagine, treasures from every era of the Nexus. Egyptian tomb plunder to English Crown Jewels! Haha! Th' thought makes me giddy, alrigh', we're t' meet a' Widow's Beach. I"ll be there, 'ere's a map. Come when yer ready. Bring all supplies needed. He hands a map over to Zane before nodding and leaving. As soon as he's utside, he melts into water, sinking into the dirt.

Reinholdt
2013-01-20, 04:20 PM

CB will go about medically scanning the pair and then stabilizing them if it's needed. The two of them not dying is the first priority. Then he will go about setting Caroline's leg, and seeing if it maybe needs more specialized attention.

Med Lab

Vincent will do as instructed, though feels like the instructions are coming through cotton. He'll try to assist Caroline into a bed and the collapse in one himself.

He's got all the symptoms of being electrocuted. One of which is, don't go around helping people into beds. :smalltongue:

So burns and such. Probably brain damage, but I'm pretty sure that's a prerequisite for main characters anyways. Not going to die though.

Morty
2013-01-21, 03:50 PM
[Front Door]

"I'm able to track someone down, as long as there is a track. I think finding a place is something I can do best due to the three options. I can reach places even a rat has problems with."

"Alright. We'll see when you go on your first mission. For now, fill out the form. You're a probationary member until you complete a job or find us one."
Dipsnig will hand Fade the membership form that can be found in the first post of this thread.

Zefir
2013-01-21, 05:13 PM
[Front Door]

Fade nods and takes the Form.

Application form for would-be members:
Name: Fade
Race: Schadow
Profession: mercenari
Reason for joining: Worked as mercenari befor and searched new employee.
Possible services offered to would-be employers: Fighter Scout, healer, mage. A bit of everything.

He hands the filled form back.

"I assume every kind of job is ok? Expect such things like carry out the newspaper."

Oh Fade did you make a joke there? No?

Morty
2013-01-21, 06:24 PM
[Front Door]

"We don't take assassination contracts. Too messy. Other than that, everything goes. If you have doubts about a job, come to me and I'll decide."

[Rilla's Room]

One morning, Rilla will find a basket at the door of her room (assuming she doesn't live in the lab :smalltongue:). There's a small note attached and it seems there are two long glass objects uder the cloth that covers it.

Halae
2013-01-21, 06:28 PM
[Rilla's Room]

As Rilla steps out of the room, already having gotten ready for work in the lab, her foot collides with the basket and she bowls over.

she blinks a few times before looking for the source of her turbulence and- wait, is that what she thinks it is? Rilla will reach into the basket, taking the note in one hand as she moves cloth to see what's underneath.

Morty
2013-01-21, 06:31 PM
[Rilla's Room]

Underneath the cloth she'll find, of course, two bottles of Elonian Wine. The note says "From Dipsnig, with gratitude" in thin, angular handwriting.

Halae
2013-01-21, 06:35 PM
[Rilla's Room]

Well! She hadn't even expected him to be listening there. This was a beautiful gift. How in the Eternal Alchemy had he managed it?

Well, that didn't matter. She picks up the basket and starts heading in the direction of her lab, a little bounce in her step.

Devixer
2013-01-21, 06:35 PM
Main Room

Cassidy is leaning against a wall near the door to Dipsnig's office, carrying a short stack of papers.

Morty
2013-01-21, 06:44 PM
[Main Room]

As it happens, Dipsnig walks up the stairs that lead to his office. Cassidy doesn't know him that well, but she may notice that he's in a strangely good mood. Finding those bottles of Elonian Wine wasn't easy, but not impossible for someone with his money and connections.
"Oh, Cassidy. How's spying on the bug worshippers going?"

Devixer
2013-01-21, 06:51 PM
Main Room

"Looks like you're in a khorosho mood, boss," Cassidy holds out the folder. "I've got the layout of their temple, info on their leadership, and their armory. They wouldn't be much of a threat to a team of good runners."

Morty
2013-01-21, 06:55 PM
[Main Room]

Dipsnig grins, showing his full set of sharp teeth.
"Well I'll be. Looks like a good day just got even better. I think you might have just earned a bonus, Cassidy. Show me what you've got."

Devixer
2013-01-21, 07:05 PM
Main Room

"It's all in here. Sorry for the bad handwriting, I"m used to AR typing." Assuming Dipsnig takes the file, he'll find two papers detailing the two clerics in the Riverside temple, Defelent and Omid. Along with these are a crude map of the temple's floorplan, and descriptions of their weapons, which are low-tech but vaguely magical.

Morty
2013-01-21, 07:13 PM
[Main Room]

"Not bad, not bad," Dipsnig says with a nod after reading the notes. "I'll forward those to HALO and Watchtower. Good work, Cassidy. I think that's all of the information those guys will need."

Devixer
2013-01-21, 07:15 PM
Main Room

"No problem, boss. Just doing the run." Cassidy shrugs. She never liked bragging about her work, it just ended up getting runners killed.

Morty
2013-01-21, 07:17 PM
[Main Room]

"Fair enough. Like I said, you earned a bonus and a rest," Dipsnig says. "I'll have the reward forwarded to you from the treasury, along with something extra."

Devixer
2013-01-21, 07:21 PM
Main Room

"Great," Cassidy says. "Maybe I'll finally be able to get a commlink. Anyway, I'll be in my room. My smudge probably needs cleaning after collecting dust for so long." And with that, she heads off to her room.

Time for Never
2013-01-21, 07:29 PM
[Main Room]

Vordenar gets familiar with his lodgings for the next few minutes once he finishes the tour. He will go to the nearest storage container and delicately place his ebony wood pendant in it for safe keeping. Afterwards he leave his room and search for Dipsing. Its always a good idea to meet your head boss at some point. He's still in the main room, correct?

Morty
2013-01-21, 07:34 PM
[Main Room]

After Cassidy leaves, Vordenar will indeed be able to see the short, brown-skinned goblin in a grey tunic (basically, his player's avatar) in front of a small door leading to a staircas. He raises his eyebrow when he spots the new person.

Time for Never
2013-01-21, 07:40 PM
[Main Room]

After Cassidy leaves, Vordenar will indeed be able to see the short, brown-skinned goblin in a grey tunic (basically, his player's avatar) in front of a small door leading to a staircas. He raises his eyebrow when he spots the new person.

Vordenar spots the goblin and makes a beeline towards him. Not knowing who this person is, when he approaches he will ask:

"Who's the leader of this place?"

Zefir
2013-01-22, 02:13 AM
[Front Door]

"We don't take assassination contracts. Too messy. Other than that, everything goes. If you have doubts about a job, come to me and I'll decide."

[Rilla's Room]

One morning, Rilla will find a basket at the door of her room (assuming she doesn't live in the lab :smalltongue:). There's a small note attached and it seems there are two long glass objects uder the cloth that covers it.

[Front Door]

Fade nods again.

"I will do that. I think the DFI is a good place to find jobs, People allways go for a drink when they got problems."

Morty
2013-01-22, 06:45 AM
Vordenar spots the goblin and makes a beeline towards him. Not knowing who this person is, when he approaches he will ask:

"Who's the leader of this place?"

"That would be me," Dipsnig says. "I assume you're a new member."

[Front Door]

Fade nods again.

"I will do that. I think the DFI is a good place to find jobs, People allways go for a drink when they got problems."

"Yeah, and they always go to taverns when they need to find help with something. Looking there is a good idea."

Devixer
2013-01-22, 01:27 PM
Main Room

After a short rest in her room, Cassidy comes back out to look at the list of jobs. Of the ones available, kidnapping some woman named Ameila is the most interesting to her.

Time for Never
2013-01-22, 01:40 PM

[Main Room]

"Ah, excuse my rudeness then; I am indeed new to the organization. I was hoping that you'd have someplace that needs to be scouted out. Where in particular do you need information on?"

Morty
2013-01-22, 01:52 PM
[Main Room]

"I do need information about a religion called the Cult of Dalachrech, but I already have people handling it," Dipsnig says. "We did get a new job just now, but someone else talked to the employer. Speaking of, which of my lieutenants interviewed you?"

Time for Never
2013-01-22, 04:17 PM
[Main Room]

"I do need information about a religion called the Cult of Dalachrech, but I already have people handling it," Dipsnig says. "We did get a new job just now, but someone else talked to the employer. Speaking of, which of my lieutenants interviewed you?"

[Main Room]

"That would have been Kirk, the Drow."

Morty
2013-01-22, 04:26 PM
[Main Room]

Dipsnig rubs his chin.
"Right. Like I said, we did get a job to bring back some woman or get a few items she apparently stole from our employer. I don't know if anyone is already handling that one."

Zefir
2013-01-22, 04:43 PM

"Yeah, and they always go to taverns when they need to find help with something. Looking there is a good idea."

[Front Door]

"The I shall return to that place, unless there is something I should know?"

Time for Never
2013-01-22, 04:57 PM
[Main Room]

Dipsnig rubs his chin.
"Right. Like I said, we did get a job to bring back some woman or get a few items she apparently stole from our employer. I don't know if anyone is already handling that one."

[Main Room]

"I see. If you need somebody to handle such business I'd be more than capable of it. Is there any more information on the matter, including possible location?"

Vordenar eyes the second newcomer.

Morty
2013-01-22, 05:02 PM
((To make things easier, let's say that the two conversations occur at a different time.))

[Main Room]

"The information is located on the bulletin board. You can also ask Kirk, who spoke to the person who gave us the job," Dipsnig says.

((The jobs are listed in the first post of the thread.))

[Front Door]

Dipsnig shrugs. "That's all, I think. Good luck finding a mission."

Gullara
2013-01-22, 05:16 PM
Main Room

After a short rest in her room, Cassidy comes back out to look at the list of jobs. Of the ones available, kidnapping some woman named Ameila is the most interesting to her.

[Main Room]

Kirk enters the main room during who knows what timeline and stands behind Cassidy, looking over her shoulder at the board. "Thinking about heading back out already?" He asks.

Devixer
2013-01-22, 05:19 PM
Main Room

"Yeah. Taking the bag and snatch job," Cassidy says. It isn't too odd for her, shadowrunners always live from job to job.

Gullara
2013-01-22, 05:43 PM
[Main Room]

Kirk nods. "I was thinking about picking that one up myself. How about I go with you? Two heads are better than one after all." He looks at her expectantly.

Devixer
2013-01-22, 06:00 PM
Main Room

Cassidy shrugs. "Sure, whatever. Long as you don't mind doing some prep work."

Gullara
2013-01-22, 06:07 PM
[Main Room]

"Not at all. What did you have in mind?" Kirk asks. In truth he'd barely considered the job as of yet, so he didn't really have any sort of plan in mind. He's content to see where she's going with this.

Devixer
2013-01-22, 06:25 PM
Main Room

"We need the mark alive, so I need to get some chems to mix in with gel rounds. We'll have to survey this bar she hangs at, and see if we can follow her home. And I'll need a commlink so I can keep up on a wireless level."

Gullara
2013-01-22, 08:12 PM
[Main Room]

Kirk nods. "I take it you've done this kind of thing before?" Kirk inquires, though it's barely a question at all. Her planning speaks for itself.

Time for Never
2013-01-22, 08:22 PM
((To make things easier, let's say that the two conversations occur at a different time.))

[Main Room]

"The information is located on the bulletin board. You can also ask Kirk, who spoke to the person who gave us the job," Dipsnig says.

((The jobs are listed in the first post of the thread.))

[Front Door]

Dipsnig shrugs. "That's all, I think. Good luck finding a mission."

[Main Room]

"Thank you. If I find anything, I'll know who to report to."

And with that Vordenar is off to look for the bulletin post for more information in character while his player takes another gander at the OP.

Devixer
2013-01-22, 08:34 PM
Main Room

"I'm a shadowrunner," Cass says, as if it means anything to Kirk. "Jobs like this are my nine-to-five."

Zefir
2013-01-23, 02:05 AM
[Front Door]
((I wouldn't mind if she notice him. After all Fade had contact with the Dlarach Cult. He nearly joined them.))

Fade seems to stay a few moments while Dipsnig leaves. It seems like he thinks about the last words.

"Yeah thanks." He mumbeles more to himself than anyone else. And then he will go back to the inn.

Gullara
2013-01-23, 09:13 AM
[Main Room]

"So it seems." Kirk smiles a little to himself, as if he finds something amusing but he's not telling. "Alright, I'll take care of getting the commlink and you can worry about your chems. We'll meet up back here and head out after that."

And I imagine we can probably just handwave that and post Inside. Go ahead and post first if you like.

Morty
2013-01-23, 10:58 AM
[Main Room ==> Lab]

After sending both Fade and Vordenar on their respective missions, Dipsnig heads to the lab. He needs to see if Rilla got the wine, and there's a certain party invitation he has to which he wouldn't mind bringing her along.

Of course, on his way to the lab he will pass through the infirmary, where he will undoubtedly see Vincent and Caroline. His good mood vanishing like smoke, he looks around for CB to ask him what the hell happened.

Darkcomet
2013-01-23, 02:45 PM
[Front Door]

Someone is banging on the door rather loudly.

Shadowcaller
2013-01-23, 03:21 PM
Hallways

Bramwell staggers for a second, blinking and apparently dazed before smiling. "Sorry, I don't believe I heard anything after your story. Any chance of it being acted out again?" He jokes with a chuckle.

[Hallways]

"I'd call them them but I think they're too busy having sex with each other. You know how lesbians are around here, can't keep those dirty hands off each other." Dena replies as she opens the door for Bramwell. "Gentlemen first, welcome to my humble abode." The room is remarkably clean, possibly due to the broom which is sweeping the floors on it's own accord. But it's more then just clean floors, everything seems to be just where it's supposed to be, not a item out of place. The bed is made, no clothes on the floor or items laying around.

Apparently Dena likes keeping everything proper and clean.

[Front Door]

"Hellllooo?" A musical voice can be heard on the other side as the door opens by a very tall drow woman with a disarmingly charming smile. "Can't I help you?" She then asks, leaning against the door frame with her arms crossed over her chest.

Time for Never
2013-01-23, 03:29 PM
[Main Room]

Vordenar finds the bulletin board and looks it over for more information. In regards to the mission it appears as if no one has accepted the job yet. A nice reward on top of work that appeals to Vordenar's combative side means that he will accept the mission if possible.

((Does Vord need to announce to Dipsing/Kirk that he wishes to take up the task?))

Darkcomet
2013-01-23, 04:13 PM
[Front Door]

When Dena opens the door, a wave of cold washes into the building. It's colder than usual, even for NO, oddly enough.

The individual on the other side of the door turns out to be a woman, with a fairly athletic build from the looks of her, otherwise not all that notable aside from three main things. First, the high-tech goggles pushed up from her eyes. Next, the fact that she's really not dressed for this weather, and last, the tattooed arm.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4811/tek50fcb013da3e69629616.png
Made this for reference's sake.

She blinks at Dena. "Uh...hi." I don't think she's seen a drow before. "First off, can I come in?"

Shadowcaller
2013-01-23, 04:29 PM
[Front Door]

Dena moves out of the way, letting the woman inside. "Of course. I'd charge you for the warmth, but not even I'm heartless enough for that." The drow says, knowing full well the terror of cold. Dena herself is dressed in a thick Christmas sweater (http://yuifashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/christmas_sweater.jpg), a pair of black slacker pants and grey woolen socks covering her feet.

Closing the door and the cold behind her, Dena turns to the woman. "So what are you here for? I'm Dena Xifara by the way. Work here."

Darkcomet
2013-01-23, 04:57 PM
[Front Door]

"Right." As soon as she walks in, Dena might notice that the cold almost seems to follow her for a moment, but it quickly returns to the normal indoor temperature. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it. "So, you're this crazy place's mercenaries, right? Fighters and spies for hire?"

Shadowcaller
2013-01-23, 05:36 PM
[Front Door]

"Yeep, that's a pretty accurate description. This place breeds people as crazy as itself. The only ones that survive are the crazy ones." Dena replies. "But yeah, we do pretty much anything for the right price as long as it doesn't involve assassination. I believe some stupid half-dragon hired us to steal dragon eggs once though so we don't do that anymore either if you're wondering."

Darkcomet
2013-01-23, 05:58 PM
[Front Door]

"Well that's...something. Something that doesn't make much sense given basic biology, but I'm not gonna ask." This one is wise. "So how's business?"

Shadowcaller
2013-01-23, 06:23 PM
[Front Door]

"Good idea, I'm pretty sure you already realized a lot of things about this place don't make much sense when you think about it." Dena says, deciding to slip down into the warm armchair she apparently been sitting in before she had to answer the door. "As for business, it's pretty standard. A few missions underway right now." She explains as she gestures at the board. "But you're looking to join then?"

Darkcomet
2013-01-23, 07:11 PM
[Front Door]

She shrugs. "Maybe, depends. Do I get housing, and how's the pay?"

Shadowcaller
2013-01-24, 03:45 PM
[Front Door]

"The pay is pretty average but you get a whole package of benefits, like health care, housing and protection from the vicious monster-wolves that patrols the corridors. All our of our dear boss Dipsnig Big-nose pocket." Dena replies before lowering her voice conspiratorially. "Never call him by his surname though, he's a bit sensitive about it."

Darkcomet
2013-01-24, 04:27 PM
[Front Door]

The newcomer narrows her eyes at Dena. "How much of this is actually serious?"

Morty
2013-01-24, 04:28 PM
[Front Door]

"Very little," says a voice from the other side of the main room.

Shadowcaller
2013-01-24, 04:52 PM
[Front Door]

Dena laughs as she see Dipsnig, "Sorry, I can't help it. No harm meant though, I bet you didn't believe that for a second." She explains with a disarming smile. "I'm quite serious about the murder wolves though, he got scores of 'em. Ain't that right?" She turns to look at the goblin.

Darkcomet
2013-01-24, 05:27 PM
[Front Door]

"No, not really. The wolves thing sounds a little inefficient, but hey, I've noticed the scrambled tech levels around already, so..." She shrugs. "Do I need a list of qualifications, or do I need to pass a test or something, or what?"

Morty
2013-01-24, 06:16 PM
[Front Door]

Dipsnig scowls, his ears perk up and his teeth start showing a little.
"I'd be careful who and what you call inefficient. As for you Dena, I draw a line at falsifying my family name." He snorts. "Anyway, if you're here to join up a list of qualification is in order, yes."

Lex-Kat
2013-01-24, 06:43 PM
Med Lab

Vincent will do as instructed, though feels like the instructions are coming through cotton. He'll try to assist Caroline into a bed and the collapse in one himself.

He's got all the symptoms of being electrocuted. One of which is, don't go around helping people into beds. :smalltongue:

So burns and such. Probably brain damage, but I'm pretty sure that's a prerequisite for main characters anyways. Not going to die though.

Caroline does what she can to not hinder the help she's getting, as she's assisted onto a bed. It'd probably be best to sedate her... I think. :smallconfused: (Not a doctor. :smallwink:)

The break looks pretty bad, scans will indicate the Tibia has a comminuted fracture (http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00522), while the Fibula has a Stable Fracture. She'll survive it though. Along with a slight concusion, there are other bruises and such from the fight, and getting thrown against trees.

Lost_Deep
2013-01-24, 06:48 PM
Med Lab

CB does not turn to Dipsnig immediately, instead dealing with the rather nasty fractures and any other wounds on the pair. He does everything properly and one way or the other the pair is likely to be asleep soon enough.

Which might be annoying since they haven't said what happened yet.

Shadowcaller
2013-01-25, 04:24 PM
[Front Door]

"Hey, you can call me "long-shank" if you so want boss if it makes you feel any better." Dena replies. "Besides, we all know you have weaponized those wolves. How else could they be so terribly cute?"

Darkcomet
2013-01-25, 05:44 PM
[Front Door]

"Well, I can't give you my official file, didn't bother running off with one and I'm not going back to get it, too dangerous. But, if you'll take me at my word, I'm trained in the use of light weapons-pistols especially, solid projectile and standard energy weapons. I can handle a knife, and I've got unarmed combat training. Plus I'm trained in stealth and infiltration, and I'm good at generally blending in. Don't have all the gear I used to, though. And...well, there's one other thing." She looks around. "Do you have a fire or something else that makes a lot of heat? I think I should demonstrate this part."

Morty
2013-01-25, 05:49 PM
[Front Door]

Dipsnig decides to ignore Dena's comment for now, although obviously the wolves would go for the throat if he commanded them to.
"Hm. Well. Sounds mostly typical for what we usually get. We don't have any large fires in the open, though. Will a lighter do?"

Darkcomet
2013-01-25, 06:29 PM
[Front Door]

"Sure." She shrugs. "Won't be that flashy, but I work with what I've got. A simple glass of water will do too, but the glass might not survive."

Shadowcaller
2013-01-25, 06:34 PM
[Front Door]

Dena leans back in the chair, watching the two. This should be interesting. She probably should warn this new person for Kirk too, but she could do that later. She'd find out eventually after all.

Morty
2013-01-25, 06:35 PM
[Front Door]

"Let's see it, then," Dipsnig says as he produces a lighter from one of his many pockets and hands it to the newcomer.

Darkcomet
2013-01-25, 06:59 PM
[Front Door]

She takes the lighter and flicks it on, and points her free hand's index finger at Dipsnig. "And here." She seems to focus for a moment and the little flame goes out, apparently on its own, and a minor puff of heat emits from her finger. Dipsnig will probably feel that. It's not concentrated enough to be harmful. "I can drain and redirect heat, but I don't have the ability to contain large amounts of it for long. The more I drain, the more I have to redirect in some way, which can be weaponized., depending on the temperature and what's around. Plus if it's cold I can just drain what heat there is and keep myself warm that way. Plenty of potential applications there. Sound useful?"

Morty
2013-01-25, 07:41 PM
[Front Door]

"Interesting," Dipsnig says with a twitch of the ears. "So you could stand next to a furnace, draw heat from it and then blast a hole in a wall?"

[Lab]

A plotclone of Dipsnig, after he dealt with the situation in the infirmary, heads there. He wants to find out how Rilla liked the gift and to offer her the invitation.

Darkcomet
2013-01-25, 07:58 PM
[Front Door]

She nods. "More or less, depends on how strong the wall is. Basically, the hotter something is, the more I can do with it. Plus I can freeze things, which is useful."

Shadowcaller
2013-01-25, 08:03 PM
[Front Door]

Now Dena decides to speak up. "You know, I have an orb of artificial heat. Would it do something for you?"

Lex-Kat
2013-01-26, 12:14 PM
Med Lab

CB does not turn to Dipsnig immediately, instead dealing with the rather nasty fractures and any other wounds on the pair. He does everything properly and one way or the other the pair is likely to be asleep soon enough.

Caroline, and all her later-egos, are quite sedated and asleep.

Morty
2013-01-26, 12:39 PM
[Front Door]

She nods. "More or less, depends on how strong the wall is. Basically, the hotter something is, the more I can do with it. Plus I can freeze things, which is useful."

[Front Door]

Now Dena decides to speak up. "You know, I have an orb of artificial heat. Would it do something for you?"

Dipsnig shrugs. "Sounds pretty useful, yes. If you still want to join, there's still a form you have to fill. After that, you'll be a probationary member. You won't have access to the armory and treasury until you complete a mission or find us a new one."

Darkcomet
2013-01-26, 04:16 PM
[Front Door]

"Right, right, where's the paper? And while I'm waiting on that..." She turns to Dena. "Orb of artificial heat, you say? Tell me more. Fancy tech or magic or something? I've been around enough to know both are around."

Shadowcaller
2013-01-26, 06:41 PM
[Front Door]

"Magic as far as I know. After spending a while here, I barely even know the difference anymore though. Does it make any difference?" The drow asks.

Morty
2013-01-26, 06:42 PM
[Front Door]

A clockwork penguin hands the new girl a membership form.

Darkcomet
2013-01-26, 06:58 PM
[Front Door]

She takes the form and blinks at the clockwork flightless bird. "I don't know if it does, just that it might or something. How much heat are we talking about, anyway?" Meanwhile she finds a wall and starts filling out the form.

Halae
2013-01-26, 08:01 PM
[Lab]

A plotclone of Dipsnig, after he dealt with the situation in the infirmary, heads there. He wants to find out how Rilla liked the gift and to offer her the invitation.[Lab]

Rilla is down here, of course, working hard at enchanting Dipsnig's daggers. There appears to be a... rotting human arm on the table with various apparatuses attached to it. How pleasant.

Rilla won't hear Dipsnig enter, too focused on her work, but the door is unlocked

Morty
2013-01-26, 08:05 PM
[Lab]

Dipsnig enters, making sure that his steps are audible. This isn't easy for him, as it goes against his reflexes.
Hello there," he says.

Halae
2013-01-26, 08:09 PM
[Lab]

despite this, Rilla was really into her work. When Dipsnig speaks, Rilla jumps, and her hand moves upwards, losing its grip on the instrument she was holding.

Which will stick sharp end first into the ceiling.

"Oh, hello Dipsnig. Something I can do for you?" She looks at him to speak, but immediately after looks up towards the instrument in the roof. How was she going to get that down?

Morty
2013-01-26, 08:11 PM
[Lab]

Dipsnig looks up and his ears twitch. Looks like a big ladder is going to be required.
"I was curious if you'd got the gift I sent," he says.

Halae
2013-01-26, 08:28 PM
[Lab]

Rilla beams, "Oh, yes! I didn't actually expect you to get that, you know. I..." she looks upwards, looking for the right words, "It's a bit flabbergasting, I suppose. You're not trying to wheedle me into something, are you?" She smiles.

Morty
2013-01-26, 08:31 PM
[Lab]

Dipsnig smiles back.
"Why, of course not. I just wanted to express my gratitude for all the work you're putting into my personal weaponry. Funny you should say that, though. There is an event I'm invited to as a member of the Inside Council and I'd be very glad if you accompanied me."

Halae
2013-01-26, 08:35 PM
[Lab]

"What sort of event?" Rilla hopes it's an invention contest, really. That'd be wonderful. And it'd make sense for Dipsnig to invite her.

Morty
2013-01-27, 11:13 AM
[Lab]

"It's some sort of social event to which all Nexusian big-wigs are invited, myself among them," Dipsnig says. "I've always gone to this sort of thing myself, because I had noone to bring along. Now it's different."

Reinholdt
2013-01-27, 11:17 AM
Med Lab

Caroline does what she can to not hinder the help she's getting, as she's assisted onto a bed. It'd probably be best to sedate her... I think. :smallconfused: (Not a doctor. :smallwink:)

The break looks pretty bad, scans will indicate the Tibia has a comminuted fracture (http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00522), while the Fibula has a Stable Fracture. She'll survive it though. Along with a slight concussion, there are other bruises and such from the fight, and getting thrown against trees.

[Main Room ==> Lab]

After sending both Fade and Vordenar on their respective missions, Dipsnig heads to the lab. He needs to see if Rilla got the wine, and there's a certain party invitation he has to which he wouldn't mind bringing her along.

Of course, on his way to the lab he will pass through the infirmary, where he will undoubtedly see Vincent and Caroline. His good mood vanishing like smoke, he looks around for CB to ask him what the hell happened.

Med Lab

Med Lab

Vincent can go for sleep! Looks like it even has to be one of those longer cut-scene-ish sleeps too and not the five second insta-better he prefers. Ah well. Being sedated will do that to you. And probably a good idea anyways.

If it helps, Vincent will mumble something about an electric wolf to CB before he's out.

Shadowcaller
2013-01-27, 01:59 PM
[Front Door]

"It's like sunshine, warm as a day at the beach I suppose? Sorry if it sounds vague but I haven't actually bothered measuring it. It's just warm and glows like a miniature sun." Dena explains.

Morty
2013-01-27, 02:15 PM
[Front Door]

She takes the form and blinks at the clockwork flightless bird. "I don't know if it does, just that it might or something. How much heat are we talking about, anyway?" Meanwhile she finds a wall and starts filling out the form.

[Front Door]

"It's like sunshine, warm as a day at the beach I suppose? Sorry if it sounds vague but I haven't actually bothered measuring it. It's just warm and glows like a miniature sun." Dena explains.

Dipsnig just waits for the new girl to hand in her form.

Halae
2013-01-27, 06:24 PM
[Lab]

"It's some sort of social event to which all Nexusian big-wigs are invited, myself among them," Dipsnig says. "I've always gone to this sort of thing myself, because I had noone to bring along. Now it's different."[Lab]

Rilla blinks those big blue eyes slowly and her ears perk up as the realization dawns on her, "... Dipsnig... Are you asking me out on a date?" Wasn't that what humans called it? Or courting or something.

Morty
2013-01-27, 06:26 PM
[Lab]

Dipsnig smiles and shrugs.
"Well... I guess I am. Funny how that works."

Halae
2013-01-27, 06:42 PM
[Lab]

A red blush creeps across her otherwise gray face. By the alchemy, the wine, the smiles, why hadn't she realized he was interested?

"I, uh, alright."

Morty
2013-01-27, 06:49 PM
[Lab]

Dipsnig smiles a little wider and nods. It's good to see something work out every once in a wile.
"Splendid. If you want, I can take care of your evening dress. I'd just need some tips about Asura fashion."
It would not surprise him at all if Rilla has never had to think about this kind of clothes.

[Med Lab]

Dipsnig facepalms and drags his hand slowly down his face.
"CB, do you know what the hell happened?"

Darkcomet
2013-01-27, 06:51 PM
[Front Door]

"I'll gladly take it, if you don't want the thing. Would be nice to have a backup there, plus I won't have to make everyone around me colder when I decide to warm up." She finishes with the form and offers it to Dipsnig. "And here you go."

Name: Reyna Zavala
Race: Human
Profession: Mercenary, if this goes through? Former Saboteur.
Reason for joining: I need a job and a place to live, and this seems like a good place for my skillset.
Possible services offered to would-be employers: Heat draining-based powers, military training, that sort of thing. Plus I'm an unknown, so if no one goes around advertising who I work for, I might be able to take advantage of that.

"...Do I get any extra money for the sake of being able to go around and do things? Not asking for riches, just, you know. Don't have much of anything." She seems a bit hopeful.

Halae
2013-01-27, 06:53 PM
[Lab]

Rilla shifts her weight uncomfortably, "I don't know. I've never really been invited to something like this."

Dipsnig = Not Surprised.*

*Presumably

Lost_Deep
2013-01-27, 06:57 PM
Med Lab

"An electric wolf, apparently. I'll let you know as soon as I have more information."

He doesn't say anything more, going off to do something that CB does... all the time, presumably. What does he do all day?

Morty
2013-01-27, 07:00 PM
[Lab]

Dipsnig nods. It's just what he expected.
"Don't worry. Just leave it up to me. I'll be here tomorrow with the dress to take you there, okay?"

Shadowcaller
2013-01-28, 05:24 AM
[Front Door]

"Whoa, I never said anything about giving you it, I was just curious what it would do." She reaches into a cloak which she left hanging over the the arm of the armchair and somehow takes out what very much appear like a miniature sun. And like a sun it spreads both warmth and all the other types of radiation associated with stars, but to a much lesser degree."I'd tell you were the buy one though, got it at mallside."

Morty
2013-01-28, 11:01 AM
[Front Door]

Dipsnig flinches a little when Dena pulls out the miniature sun, but he takes the filled-out form.
"You get your own room and access to the base's facilities. You can take some money to get yourself started."

Time for Never
2013-01-28, 12:41 PM
[Main Room]

Vordenar finds the bulletin board and looks it over for more information. In regards to the mission it appears as if no one has accepted the job yet. A nice reward on top of work that appeals to Vordenar's combative side means that he will accept the mission if possible.

((Does Vord need to announce to Dipsing/Kirk that he wishes to take up the task?))

Main Room

"Yeah. Taking the bag and snatch job," Cassidy says. It isn't too odd for her, shadowrunners always live from job to job.

[Main Room]

Kirk nods. "I was thinking about picking that one up myself. How about I go with you? Two heads are better than one after all." He looks at her expectantly.

[Main Room]

Finally deciding to shake off a nasty case of the deadtime, Vordenar overhears Cassidy's and Kirk's desire to accept the mission themselves. With that business being taken care of already then, the Shadar Kai loses interest in the board and subsequently begins to think of new ideas to stay busy. He finally settles on gathering information at one of the other inns that lacked NO presence at the moment. To "Yet Another Tavern" then. He had heard somebody offhandedly mention the new place before and assumed nobody had checked it out yet.

But not before giving a final pet to the clockwork penguin! He goes over and steals away a secret head pat before whispering:

"Don't worry penguin, I'll return."

...The mechanical bird does nothing, because, you know, it's a machine.

"You'll warm up to me, I promise."

And with that he makes for the exit. Unless stopped for some reason he will go ahead to the tavern.

Darkcomet
2013-01-28, 04:38 PM
[Front Door]

"I could...definitely do something with that, yeah. Thanks for telling me where to get one, not about to test that here where I might accidentally set something on fire." Reyna turns to Dipsnig. "I'll set up after I...well, actually have things to set up in there."

Shadowcaller
2013-01-28, 04:46 PM
[Front Door]

"You got some sense in you kid, you might actually survive here after all." Dena replies with a smile before she snatches the tiny sun out of the air and puts it back in her cloak. "Anyway, ask if you need some help with anything... oh and avoid Kirk. He's a drow like me with black skin, but he always have this silly hat on top of his head and a pair of sunglasses. He'll try to seduce anything with a pair of breasts if you catch my drift."

Morty
2013-01-28, 04:50 PM
[Front Door]

Dipsnig rolls his eyes when Dena warns Reyna about Kirk. Of course, she might be right.
"Alright, fair enough. Welcome to NO."

Darkcomet
2013-01-29, 05:28 PM
[Front Door]

Reyna nods to Dipsnig. "Thanks for the warm welcome." Aaaand then turns back to Dena again. "Don't worry about it, I'll just tell him I'll freeze his blood if he gets too annoying."

Well that sounds painful.

Lex-Kat
2013-01-29, 07:19 PM
{MedLab}

Caroline begins to wake up. Mmmmmm.

Shadowcaller
2013-01-31, 04:02 PM
[Front Door]

Reyna nods to Dipsnig. "Thanks for the warm welcome." Aaaand then turns back to Dena again. "Don't worry about it, I'll just tell him I'll freeze his blood if he gets too annoying."

Well that sounds painful.

[Front Door]

Dena can't help but to chuckle at that. "Sounds like I have warned the wrong person. I wouldn't worry about it too much though. While Kirky have a tendency to think with his man-thing he's smart enough to back off. I would be more worried about the furry lesbians that hang around here. They forced themselves into my room while I were completely nude."

Morty
2013-01-31, 04:05 PM
[Front Door]

Dipsnig rolls his eyes.
"There are no furry lesbians here. If two of them really did barge into Dena's room, it was a one-time occurence."

Darkcomet
2013-01-31, 05:56 PM
[Front Door]

"...Okay then. I'll just tell them I'll freeze their blood too if that ever becomes a problem." Reyna appears to really like that threat. "It usually works."

Reinholdt
2013-01-31, 07:08 PM
[Medlab]

Vincent's still asleep. Caroline can fill Dipsnig in on the details in the meanwhile!

UncleWolf
2013-02-01, 03:42 PM
[Hallways]

"I'd call them them but I think they're too busy having sex with each other. You know how lesbians are around here, can't keep those dirty hands off each other." Dena replies as she opens the door for Bramwell. "Gentlemen first, welcome to my humble abode." The room is remarkably clean, possibly due to the broom which is sweeping the floors on it's own accord. But it's more then just clean floors, everything seems to be just where it's supposed to be, not a item out of place. The bed is made, no clothes on the floor or items laying around.

Apparently Dena likes keeping everything proper and clean.

Dena's Room

"Nice place." Bramwell admits with a smile before turning around and waiting for her to enter. "So, I haven't asked yet. What's the protocol to get you started? Am I going to have to dance, or is that something we ought to do together?" He asks, a mischievous edge to his voice as he looks her over once more. "If the latter, I really do find the idea appealing."

Shadowcaller
2013-02-01, 04:33 PM
[Front Door]

"Don't be so sure boss, there could be whole tribes of furry lesbians out there. So it's about time we got Reyna in our team. Who else could fight this sapphic threat to our organization? Kirk? I don't think so. He'd be the first to fall victim to their homoerotic charms." Dena replies with a nod.

Dena's Room

The drow perks up as Bramwell mentions dancing. "Dancing you say? Well, I am a sword dancer so I ought to do that. You got a sword I can dance with perhaps? Or maybe just a knife?" She grins. "Size doesn't really matter in this case, it's how you wield it. Am I right?"

Darkcomet
2013-02-01, 04:42 PM
[Front Door]

Reyna stares at Dena in silence for a moment before speaking up. "You sure talk about lesbians a lot. There something you're trying to tell me here?"

Morty
2013-02-01, 04:45 PM
[Front Door]

"Yeah, Dena. Is your constant insistence on being straight just a smoke screen?" Dipsnig says, sounding perfectly serious.

[Med Lab]

Dipsnig walks over to Caroline to see how conscious she is.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-01, 05:22 PM
Med Lab

CB-484 is here, of course.

Watching.

Always.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-01, 06:50 PM
[Front Door]

"Aw, darn. You caught me. I was really trying to seduce poor innocent Reyna here with my roguish charms." She admits with a dramatic sigh. "You might as well freeze my blood right here sister. What I had planned for you in the bed room would would thaw even the coldest of hearts." She gestures theatricality at Reyna. "But before you kill me, may I have a last kiss?" She looks at her expectingly.

Darkcomet
2013-02-01, 06:59 PM
[Front Door]

Reyna groans. "Ugh, you just had to ruin the joke. I think I'm just going to go get myself set up properly and end this here. Sorry, boss, I tried."

Morty
2013-02-01, 07:11 PM
[Front Door]

Dipsnig chuckles. The sounds resembles someone stepdancing on a bag of walnuts.
"You'll fit right in. Go ahead and get yourself settled in."

Lex-Kat
2013-02-01, 10:32 PM
[Med Lab]

Dipsnig walks over to Caroline to see how conscious she is.

CB-484 is here, of course.

Watching.

Always.

Caroline is mostly awake, just laying on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. She doesn't notice Dipsnig.

UncleWolf
2013-02-03, 04:22 PM
Dena's Room

Bramwell smiles and can't help but shake his head slightly with a chuckle. "We may have to lay off the innuendo a bit or we'll start using up all of our best." He jokes before pulling off his tunic and mail shirt. Once he's done, he'll sit on the edge of the bed if it's in the same room and bend down to pull a pair of long daggers from his boots. "I really would enjoy watching you dance though." He says, spinning them in his palms to offer them to her hilt first.

Morty
2013-02-03, 04:24 PM
[Med Lab]

Dipsnig clears his throat.
"Are you awake, Caroline?"

Lex-Kat
2013-02-03, 06:21 PM
{MedLab}

Mmmm, yeah? Caroline says sounding a little unfocused. Ish that you little goblin fre-end? Are I back in no?

Zefir
2013-02-04, 01:26 PM
[Entance]

Appearing here does Fade, followed by two other people. A woman and a man.

"I think we need to search for a Lieutenant or the Boss." Fade says to the woman.

Felandria
2013-02-04, 03:09 PM
[Entance]

Appearing here does Fade, followed by two other people. A woman and a man.

"I think we need to search for a Lieutenant or the Boss." Fade says to the woman.

The woman, a giant, kneels and nods.

Shouldn't be too hard, I'd expect one or more to come running any minute, wanting to do the gentlemanly thing and help a pretty young thing like myself.

And if they don't, well then I know these guys are all business and we've come to the right place.

Aric Kale
2013-02-04, 04:14 PM
The woman, a giant, kneels and nods.

Shouldn't be too hard, I'd expect one or more to come running any minute, wanting to do the gentlemanly thing and help a pretty young thing like myself.

And if they don't, well then I know these guys are all business and we've come to the right place.

Zane stands silently at the woman's side.

Morty
2013-02-04, 04:21 PM
[Entrance]

The three people are met by Dipsnig, standing at the opposite end of the room.
"Have you found us a job, Fade?" He asks.

Zefir
2013-02-04, 05:30 PM
[Entrance]

Fade nods and points at the giant woman.

Felandria
2013-02-04, 05:39 PM
[Entrance]

Fade nods and points at the giant woman.

Good evening, my name is Deadra Blackfyre.

She extends a hand to Dipsnig.

Morty
2013-02-05, 06:18 AM
[Entrance]

Dipsnig - the brown-skinned goblin from his player's avatar - looks up and shakes the offered hand.
"Dipsnig Razortooth. I run this place. What sort of job do you have for us?"

Felandria
2013-02-05, 12:47 PM
[Entrance]

Dipsnig - the brown-skinned goblin from his player's avatar - looks up and shakes the offered hand.
"Dipsnig Razortooth. I run this place. What sort of job do you have for us?"

A fairly simple one.

Look at me.

I am seeking one who looks almost exactly like me, except with red hair and two inches shorter.

It is my destiny to seek her out and destroy her.

However, when you find her I don't want her harmed, I simply want her brought to me.

Lex-Kat
2013-02-05, 01:57 PM
{MedLab}

Mmmm, yeah? Caroline says sounding a little unfocused. Ish that you little goblin fre-end? Are I back in no?

Caroline decides that she's waited long enough, and rolls over to go back to sleep.

Hattish Thing
2013-02-05, 08:09 PM
NO Entrance

Clegg appears! All disheveled. As usual. He strides into the door and looks around for Deardra. Oy! Felandria! Er....Deardra! It's me, Clegg. M'back. No' dea' yet. Er...permanently dea'. A' yer service! He walks over to her. Er...clunks.

Felandria
2013-02-05, 10:52 PM
NO Entrance

Clegg appears! All disheveled. As usual. He strides into the door and looks around for Deardra. Oy! Felandria! Er....Deardra! It's me, Clegg. M'back. No' dea' yet. Er...permanently dea'. A' yer service! He walks over to her. Er...clunks.

Ah, just in time.

These three......gentlemen would be accompanying you.

You're going after a giant sorceress, like myself, she's descended from a god, so she's not going to go quietly.

Morty
2013-02-06, 03:52 PM
[NO Entrance]

Dipsnig shrugs.

"Pretty standard. I'll have to check if one of my members feels like taking up this contract."

[Infirmary]

((You could have just poked me, you know. :smallannoyed:))

"Yes, Caroline, you're back in NO," Dipsnig says before she goes back to sleep. Looks like she's suffered some brain damage.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-06, 06:55 PM
Dena's Room

Bramwell smiles and can't help but shake his head slightly with a chuckle. "We may have to lay off the innuendo a bit or we'll start using up all of our best." He jokes before pulling off his tunic and mail shirt. Once he's done, he'll sit on the edge of the bed if it's in the same room and bend down to pull a pair of long daggers from his boots. "I really would enjoy watching you dance though." He says, spinning them in his palms to offer them to her hilt first.

[Front Door]

Reyna groans. "Ugh, you just had to ruin the joke. I think I'm just going to go get myself set up properly and end this here. Sorry, boss, I tried."

[Front Door]

Dipsnig chuckles. The sounds resembles someone stepdancing on a bag of walnuts.
"You'll fit right in. Go ahead and get yourself settled in."

Dena's Room

Dena who by now taking off everything but her underwear (though who knows what kind of weapons she might hide there?) looks curiously at the daggers as she accepts them. Feeling their weight. "Now that is a request I have heard in ages." The drow says as she holds up one of the knives, just looking at it. She then turns to look at Bramwell with a grin. "So what do I get in return?"

[Front Door]

The drow laughs. "Man, I killed the joke? Now I just feel bad. I'll make it up for you some day though sister. I owe you one." She replies.

Lex-Kat
2013-02-06, 07:11 PM
[Infirmary]

"Yes, Caroline, you're back in NO," Dipsnig says before she goes back to sleep. Looks like she's suffered some brain damage.

Caroline sits bolt upright. Vincent!! she shouts, and throws her covers off. She's going to get out of bed in a moment.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-07, 10:20 AM
Infirmary

CB's one long claw arm reaches out, and he tries to catch Caroline's shoulder firmly.

"He is alive, and asleep. And your leg is broken. I would recommend against putting weight on it."

UncleWolf
2013-02-08, 02:41 PM
Dena's Room

Obviously she'll be able to keep the best weapons in the unmentionables. :smalltongue:

Bramwell can't hide the appreciative looks he's giving her, but amazingly enough he's able to look back at her face and smile. "How about anything that is within my power to give you?" He suggests before leaning back a bit to get more comfortable to watch her.

Felandria
2013-02-08, 09:11 PM
NO Entrance

Deadra turns to Clegg.

Incidentally, Clegg....

Deadra pulls out a wine bottle.

It occurs to me that you may not work well with others.

If you're as good as you say you are, you should be able to find her yourself.

This wine has very special properties, it will disguise your more.....unique physiology.

There may be situations where stealth will be required, this will help you blend in.

Lex-Kat
2013-02-09, 02:50 AM
Infirmary

CB's one long claw arm reaches out, and he tries to catch Caroline's shoulder firmly.

"He is alive, and asleep. And your leg is broken. I would recommend against putting weight on it."

CB is able to stop Caroline from getting up. If there is a heart monitor of some kind, it will show that her heart is racing. Which may lead him to notice something else. It's out of rhythm.

Caroline leans back. How long? she asks to any in the room.

Morty
2013-02-09, 10:45 AM
[Infirmary]

Dipsnig peers at the heart monitor. He's reasonably sure a human's heartbeat shouldn't sound like that.
"CB, I think there's trouble."

Lost_Deep
2013-02-09, 10:51 AM
Infirmary

"Indeed. Caroline, calm down. If you cannot calm down yourself, I will have to administer a moderate sedative." CB uses his medical scanner now, to see what is going on inside Caroline. At the same time, his needle arm moves toward the wall to choose a sedative. In addition, there are defibrillator paddles nearby, and he picks those off the the wall with his normal hands.

Morty
2013-02-09, 02:01 PM
[NO Entrance]

"If that's all, fill out the paperwork and I'll see which member might be interested," Dipsnig says.

((The contract form is in the first post of this thread.))

Lex-Kat
2013-02-09, 04:47 PM
[Infirmary]

Dipsnig peers at the heart monitor. He's reasonably sure a human's heartbeat shouldn't sound like that.
"CB, I think there's trouble."

"Indeed. Caroline, calm down. If you cannot calm down yourself, I will have to administer a moderate sedative." CB uses his medical scanner now, to see what is going on inside Caroline. At the same time, his needle arm moves toward the wall to choose a sedative. In addition, there are defibrillator paddles nearby, and he picks those off the the wall with his normal hands.

Caroline takes a few deeeep breaths to calm herself. What's wrong?

When CB checks her scans, he'll see that the Caroline portion of her is alright. Other than the broken leg, she looks to be in perfect health. And the scans show everything looks to be in place.

But as he compares the current scans to those from before, he'll likely find what may be the problem. One third of her new mixed-species DNA is fading, as if a part of her is dying, while the rest lives on. Catoline is dying.

((And as a reminder, Caroline's human third is already half-dead, as this is what she was before gaining the nymph and cat-person DNA. Question: What is one half of one third? :smallconfused:))

Lost_Deep
2013-02-09, 05:25 PM
Infirmary

"I don't know... that's odd. Let me take a blood sample." Assuming Caroline cooperates, he'll take a blood sample and look through it using some futurey device.

"Well... I'm not sure. Your genetics are already a mess... running against archived information... about a third of your DNA is deteriorating. The Feline part."

Lex-Kat
2013-02-09, 06:08 PM
Infirmary

"I don't know... that's odd. Let me take a blood sample." Assuming Caroline cooperates, he'll take a blood sample and look through it using some futurey device.

"Well... I'm not sure. Your genetics are already a mess... running against archived information... about a third of your DNA is deteriorating. The Feline part."

Caroline's heart begins to beat faster again, her blood pressure rising. Can you save her, CB? Pleeease! she pleads.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-09, 06:41 PM
Infirmary

"Yes. Because I'm a magic genetics fairy."

There more sarcasm in this line than is humanly possible to fit into a line of dialogue.

"I don't know what you did to get your genetics into their current mess, what magic was involved, what's making it destabilize. Even if I had genemod equipment, I couldn't do anything. Once a DNA strand begins to destroy itself, even the most ingenious of genetic scientists writes it up as a loss. I can't very well introduce the DNA back in; not only don't I have genemodding equipment but I don't know how you control what strand is active, how you separate the strands, how you change your bodily drastically. It's all magic. I am a robot of science."

"Now calm back down, or I will stick you with this sedative."

Felandria
2013-02-09, 07:20 PM
Job assigned to:
Notes:

Reinholdt
2013-02-10, 12:21 PM
Infirmary

Vincent starts to wake up. You can tell because the camera shifts to one of those blurry wake up sequences that's dark and then bright and you're staring up at the ceiling. Yay for stock cinematic wake up sequences where the only differences are whether or not you're surrounded by people.

Morty
2013-02-10, 12:28 PM
Job assigned to:
Notes:

Dipsnig takes the form.
"Good. How do I contact you when I have some news?"

Felandria
2013-02-10, 01:12 PM
Dipsnig takes the form.
"Good. How do I contact you when I have some news?"

Deadra pulls out a scroll.

With this.

Write down the message and say my name, the scroll will do the rest.

Morty
2013-02-10, 01:20 PM
[Main Room]

"Very well? Anything else?" Dipsnig asks.

Zefir
2013-02-10, 01:34 PM
[Main Room]

"I could give the person who takes the job all information gathered in the Inn."

Fade mentions to Dipsnig

Lex-Kat
2013-02-10, 05:02 PM
Infirmary

"Yes. Because I'm a magic genetics fairy."

There more sarcasm in this line than is humanly possible to fit into a line of dialogue.

"I don't know what you did to get your genetics into their current mess, what magic was involved, what's making it destabilize. Even if I had genemod equipment, I couldn't do anything. Once a DNA strand begins to destroy itself, even the most ingenious of genetic scientists writes it up as a loss. I can't very well introduce the DNA back in; not only don't I have genemodding equipment but I don't know how you control what strand is active, how you separate the strands, how you change your bodily drastically. It's all magic. I am a robot of science."

"Now calm back down, or I will stick you with this sedative."

Vincent starts to wake up. You can tell because the camera shifts to one of those blurry wake up sequences that's dark and then bright and you're staring up at the ceiling. Yay for stock cinematic wake up sequences where the only differences are whether or not you're surrounded by people.

NNNOOOO!! Caroline rolls over and begins to cry into her pillow. And no, she's not calming down. If anyone can see her eyes, they are closed tightly, as if concentrating. And her body begins to shift, but not completely. The more she tries, the weaker she looks. Until finally she completes the shift into Catoline, immediately coughs up blood, and falls unconscious.

Morty
2013-02-10, 05:05 PM
[Main Room]

"I could give the person who takes the job all information gathered in the Inn."

Fade mentions to Dipsnig

Dipsnig nods.
"That's a good idea."

Lost_Deep
2013-02-10, 05:14 PM
Infirmary

...if she gets that far. CB, not about to have her make this harder than it already is, will try to stick her with the sedative. It's not strong enough to make her pass out, but it is enough to make her very tired and will keep her from being excited.

He certainly is not going to let her shift into the form that is dying! He takes pride in the fact that he does not let people die in his infirmary!

Reinholdt
2013-02-10, 05:20 PM
Infirmary

Vincent sits up immediately, most certainly awake now, upon hearing Caroline cry out.
"Caroline?!"

Lex-Kat
2013-02-10, 06:01 PM
Infirmary

...if she gets that far. CB, not about to have her make this harder than it already is, will try to stick her with the sedative. It's not strong enough to make her pass out, but it is enough to make her very tired and will keep her from being excited.

He certainly is not going to let her shift into the form that is dying! He takes pride in the fact that he does not let people die in his infirmary!

Vincent sits up immediately, most certainly awake now, upon hearing Caroline cry out.
"Caroline?!"

Vincent will likely see Caroline trying to shift form into Catoline, it looks like she's having a hard time of it.

Not sure if he sees it when CB successfully pokes her with a needle, but she slowly begins to relax, the shifting fading away. She continues to cry, clutching her pillow tightly. Nooo. Catoline...

Morty
2013-02-10, 06:03 PM
[Infirmary]

Dipsnig rubs his ears, feeling tired, helpless and frustrated. This situation is pretty much completely out of his control.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-10, 06:09 PM
Infirmary

"The cat part of her DNA is degenerating. No, I can't fix it. Go ask whoever made her that way in the first place to fix it. And then she tried to change to that form, despite the fact that would result in her beginning to die."

CB, can't you at least fake some compassion?

Reinholdt
2013-02-10, 06:56 PM
Infirmary

"Well why didn't you let her shift and then fix that part?! Get the hell away from her!" :smallmad:
Vincent hops out of bed despite his condition and goes to rush over to her, stumbling a little along the way.

"Talk to me Caroline." He says, attempting to take her hand in his.

Lex-Kat
2013-02-10, 07:10 PM
{Infirmary}

Caroline reaches over and hugs Vincent weakly. She's dying, Vincent. I can't save her.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-10, 07:20 PM
Infirmary

"And I probably can't, either. And if it is in front when the degeneration continues, it might kill her altogether."

CB moves back over to the analyzer, and tries to pin down why it's degenerating. Radiation? Poison? Or is it some kind of magic? And most importantly, will it spread to the other DNA? CB's written the cat DNA up as a loss, yes, but Caroline herself is still alive, and CB wants to keep it that way.

He does not care about the "half-ghost" nonsense. She's alive and he wants to keep it that way!

Reinholdt
2013-02-10, 08:10 PM
Infirmary

"I..." Vincent's mind races. Which means probably just a walk for most other people.

"There is this..." Vincent says after releasing Caroline's hug, pulling out of his inventory the bottle of water from the spring that created Catoline in the first place. It basically means giving up on growing for him though.

Because just going back to the spring for another serving for himself is ridiculous and not story allowed. Once you make the choice anyways. No take backs!

But on the other hand, it may strengthen Catoline and save her and that's important right now.

Lex-Kat
2013-02-11, 05:06 AM
{Infirmary}

Caroline starts to reach out, but pauses. Vincent.... You would do that for her?

Lost_Deep
2013-02-11, 09:16 AM
Infirmary

CB stands back, but prepares to take another blood sample after she drinks the water. If it works, it works, but he wants to know for sure whether it works or not.

Reinholdt
2013-02-12, 06:48 PM
{Infirmary}

"No." Vincent says. "I'd do it for you."

Morty
2013-02-12, 06:50 PM
[Infirmary]

Dipsnig leans against the wall, sighing. He has a feeling that he'd just make things worse if he spoke now.

Lex-Kat
2013-02-12, 08:38 PM
{Infirmary}

Caroline reaches out and tries to hug Vincent, accepting the jar, if he lets her have it. Thank you.

Reinholdt
2013-02-13, 07:02 AM
{Infirmary}

Vincent lets her have it and a brief hug. He keeps it brief because she still needs to drink and see if it will actually help her.

Zefir
2013-02-13, 05:50 PM
Dipsnig nods.
"That's a good idea."

[Entrance]-> [Main Room]

Fade nods to Dipsnig and then heads for the base. At least he should know a little bit about it. He will go around without a straight goal.

Hattish Thing
2013-02-14, 03:05 AM
NO Entrance

Deadra turns to Clegg.

Incidentally, Clegg....

Deadra pulls out a wine bottle.

It occurs to me that you may not work well with others.

If you're as good as you say you are, you should be able to find her yourself.

This wine has very special properties, it will disguise your more.....unique physiology.

There may be situations where stealth will be required, this will help you blend in.

Clegg simply growls and nods his rotting top hat. Ah? Well' that's swell....jus' tell me where she'd be, or where she was last....should' be easy t' follow her trail. The monkey's mine. I want 'is 'ead on my belt. Good as I say I am, lovely...I'm Captain Clegg Thenadier! ahe accepts the wine bottle, before bowing and moving to adjust his hat.

Felandria
2013-02-14, 03:41 AM
Clegg simply growls and nods his rotting top hat. Ah? Well' that's swell....jus' tell me where she'd be, or where she was last....should' be easy t' follow her trail. The monkey's mine. I want 'is 'ead on my belt. Good as I say I am, lovely...I'm Captain Clegg Thenadier! ahe accepts the wine bottle, before bowing and moving to adjust his hat.

Well, if you remember, the last place I know she was is the inn where I first hired you.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-15, 08:08 PM
Dena's Room

Obviously she'll be able to keep the best weapons in the unmentionables. :smalltongue:

Bramwell can't hide the appreciative looks he's giving her, but amazingly enough he's able to look back at her face and smile. "How about anything that is within my power to give you?" He suggests before leaning back a bit to get more comfortable to watch her.

Dena's Room

The drow grins. "Fair enough, we'll discuss the particulars later." She says while extending her hand, letting her index finger touch his forehead as she gives him an ever so slight push backwards. "Now sit back, I need some music for this." She steps back kneels down, placing the two blades on the floor. Getting up she walks over to the music player standing on a table not too far away and with a few clicks she get's back in position lowering herself down on her knees to reach the swords.

Then the music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdohzfokroM) starts playing.

Dena shakes her head to the beat of the music before she slowly raises from the floor, her whole body moving in a gentle wave, from her feet all the way up to her head. At the same time she slowly raises the blades from the floor into the air until the tips are in line with her hips and pointing right outwards.

Her hips then start to quickly rock back and fourth to the music before settling down in a circular motion as the music slows down again. At the same time she puts the blades together only to raise them to her head again in a circular moments which seems to mimic the one of her hips.

Dena then quickly spins around with one blade just underneath her chest and the other just over her head in a battle position. Looking like she easily could have cut someones arm off in the same movement. She then go back to the slow almost hypnotic wave movement. She thrusts her chest and hips outwards while putting the swords tightly against her arms meeting just behind her neck as her whole body rocks back and fourth to the music.

She then stops and shakes her head back and fourth two times before swirling around again, this time faster then before. Her swords moving in two perfect deadly arcs around her. She's moving faster now, taking one step to the left, one to the right, the swords following her like extensions of her arms like if she was slashing at a number of invisible targets.

The rogue stops for a moment against before spinning around once again her hands moving behind her back and she switches them between her hands. Holding them out again she spins them around so she now is holding them upside-down and thrusts them backwards against invisible enemies.

Now holding the swords against her hips she starts to sway in a seductive manner as she starts to move closer to Bramwell. She slows down, focusing on the movements of her body rather then the swords who now seem to follow the rhythm of her hips. She switches from swaying to a more wave like motion, letting the swords slowly slide up against her curves so close that it looks like she's cutting herself.

Then they disappear behind her back for a moment before she brings them fourth, having switched hands once again. In the same movement she swirls around, actually lowering herself at the same down until she is down at one knee with her hair hanging down over her face. The blades pressed flatly against the floor in front of her. Then the music stops and all that can be heard are Dena's heavy breath's. She sounds slightly winded.

Entrance

There is a knock on the door, who could it be?!

Gullara
2013-02-15, 08:55 PM
[Entrance]

One mister Kirk Locke swings the door open. He leans on the door frame as he regards the latest guest. "Can I help you?"

Shadowcaller
2013-02-15, 09:38 PM
[Entrance]

There is a woman outside, a very familiar woman in fact. Shalyn raises her hand, greeting Kirk with a smile. "Hey Kirk, long time, no see. You're looking well." He can see the outlines of her gargoyle standing right behind her.

Gullara
2013-02-15, 09:51 PM
[Entrance]

Kirk's eyebrows shoot up when he sees who it is. He's immediately apprehensive, and that might come across a bit in his expression. "Shalyn, it has been a while hasn't it. I've been just fine." The drow's eyes go down to her stomach for a moment. Would he be able to see anything after this long...

Shadowcaller
2013-02-15, 10:00 PM
[Entrance]

Nope, doesn't look like she's pregnant and it should be showing by now... right? Then again, she is wearing a lot of clothes...
She seem to notice his odd expression however. "Is something wrong? I'm here for work if you're wondering. Can't visit you on my free time sadly."

Gullara
2013-02-15, 11:59 PM
[Entrance]

"Nothing, nothing at all. So here for work, eh?" Kirk stands up straight and gestures for her to come in. "So let's hear about that work." The drow tries to catch a look at her stomach as she moves.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-16, 07:50 AM
[Entrance]

Nope, doesn't look like it. Unless she's wearing one of those magical dresses that hide away pregnancy she probably isn't pregnant.

Shalyn look Kirk in the eyes. "I'm up here Kirk and the mission is pretty important so I want you to listen up. They want you to spy on AMEN. I believe you're familiar with it?"

Gullara
2013-02-16, 08:06 AM
[Entrance]

"AMEN now? You're people sure are interested in knowing what everyone else is up to, aren't they." The drow looks up at her face, apparently satisfied. "And what might you want to know about AMEN?"

Shadowcaller
2013-02-16, 08:36 AM
[Entrance]

Shalyn shrugs, "I don't ask questions, I just get paid. But what they do want to know specifically is what kind of resources AMEN have available and what they are up to. They want a pretty extensive list but they're happy with anything you can give them. It's pretty important."

Gullara
2013-02-16, 08:39 AM
[Entrance]

"Hm..." Kirk taps him chin. "AMEN is difficult, and dangerous. Especially with their new leader. Unfortunately, she's actually intelligent, and that'll make it far more difficult to get anything on the inside." He admits.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-16, 08:50 AM
[Entrance]

"If it had been easy, they'll probably wouldn't have turned it over to you. NO is up to the task right?" Shalyn asks with a raised eyebrow.

Gullara
2013-02-16, 08:53 AM
[Entrance]

"We'll see what we can turn up. If the price is right, of course." The drow smirks. Already he's thinking about what they might do. He knows he's not going to do it personally.

UncleWolf
2013-02-16, 03:00 PM
Dena's Room

Bramwell keeps his entire attention on Dena as she dances, and by the end of it his jaw is opened slightly in amazement. "That...Dena...that was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." He says in hushed admiration. "By the Knight, that..." He shakes his head, clearly dazed and still wrapped up in what he'd seen.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-16, 03:45 PM
Dena's Room

She slowly raises her head and smiles, apparently breaking the trance she have been in for the entire dance. "Soo... I'm guessing you liked it." She chuckles a bit before slowly getting up from the floor, leaving the swords where they are. "That dance is called "twin tails" and you're actually the first person I showed it in like... a long time." She goes to sit down next to him, still calming down a bit.

Lex-Kat
2013-02-16, 05:27 PM
{Infirmary}

Vincent lets her have it and a brief hug. He keeps it brief because she still needs to drink and see if it will actually help her.

Caroline drinks the water. At first nothing seems to happen. She waits a moment longer, and then she begins to spasm, arching her back in a painful looking position. She opens her mouth to scream, but no noise comes out.

Instead fangs grow out of her mouth, a tail slips out from her behind, her ears shift to the top of her head and turn into cat-ears, and black and gold fur sprouts from everywhere.

Then she collapses, falling instantly asleep.

CB's vitals detector will find that she is now Catoline, who seems to be breathing quite normally now. Her heart rhythm is back to normal.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-16, 05:37 PM
Infirmary

CB will immediately take another blood sample, to confirm that it fixed the situation. He will also watch for other changes, just in case.

Reinholdt
2013-02-16, 09:58 PM
{Infirmary}

Vincent will stay by Catoline, if only cause it'd be such a trip getting somewhere else. That and he needs to watch the robot, giving a low guttural growl when it takes Catoline's blood.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-17, 04:30 PM
[Entrance]

Shalyn smiles, "You will be well paid of course. I'm curious though, you raise beasts here don't you? I can smell them." She asks while looking around the main room.

Zefir
2013-02-17, 04:40 PM
[Somewhere]

Fade keeps stalking around aimlessly. As he did learn from experience he didn't enter a roo, but if a door is open he will thrw a look at it.

Lex-Kat
2013-02-17, 05:26 PM
Infirmary

CB will immediately take another blood sample, to confirm that it fixed the situation. He will also watch for other changes, just in case.

Catoline's deteriorating DNA is recovering and stronger than it was before the near death experience.

From the readings, CB should be able to see that everything else about Caroline is stable and unchanged.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-17, 05:36 PM
Infirmary

"The feline DNA is recovering, and strong. Problem solved! Go lay back down, you still need rest."

Perhaps this time Vincent will get a full heal?

Gullara
2013-02-17, 06:02 PM
[Entrance]

"We do keep a few interesting animals. There are wolves, and often others around. Then there's these demon sheep we raise as food." Kirk replies. "Would you like to see?"

Reinholdt
2013-02-17, 06:04 PM
Infirmary

"No."
Vincent stays right where he is. His battle stats hasn't changed, so he's fine. Hmph!

Darkcomet
2013-02-17, 06:17 PM
[Front Door-Possibly Somewhen Else?]

Now someone else is knocking on the door.

Morty
2013-02-17, 06:27 PM
[Front Door - Timeline 2]

This time, the door slides open to reveal Dipsnig behind it.

Darkcomet
2013-02-17, 06:34 PM

As it turns out, the one knocking on the door is none other than a certain one of WATCHTOWER's leaders.

DC raises a hand, gesturing for Dipsnig to wait. Probably because he thinks the goblin will shut the door immediately. "I'll skip the pleasantries. I'm here because I have a job for you, and I can pay quite well. Interested?"

Morty
2013-02-17, 06:41 PM

Dipsnig's eyes narrow. Last time he met DC, the psychic actually screwed them out of a job.
"Alright. I'm listening," motioning DC to enter.

Darkcomet
2013-02-17, 06:56 PM

"Good." DC steps in and immediately gets back to business. "I've obtained information indicating that AMEN intends to release a plague on Riverside and come in with the cure in order to take over a portion of the city. The job is simple. I want you to steal a sample of the cure from them so that we can reproduce it ourselves. As for the pay..." The psychic proceeds to list an exceptionally large amount of money. Which is proportional to the job's importance-this is a matter affecting an entire city, after all.

Morty
2013-02-17, 07:00 PM

Dipsnig's eyes twitch.
"Interesting. We can take the job, so long as you understand that we might fail to procure anything. You know just as well as I do that AMEN is a nuthouse full of vipers."

Darkcomet
2013-02-17, 07:07 PM

DC nods. "In which case, provided your agents survive, we will simply be back where we were. How you go about the attempt is your choice to make, though I have to recommend not simply breaking in overtly. Should you successfully retrieve the cure, bring it to the Evolution Industries headquarters in Westside."

Morty
2013-02-17, 07:09 PM

"Alright. I'll keep you updated on our progress, if there's any,"
Dipsnig says with a nod. He decides not to comment on DC trying to teach him how to do his job.

Darkcomet
2013-02-17, 07:22 PM

"Good luck." Unless he's interrupted for whatever reason, DC will proceed to leave.

Morty
2013-02-18, 12:37 PM

"One more thing," Dipsnig says as DC prepares to leave. "Does AMEN know that their plans have been found out?"

Darkcomet
2013-02-18, 03:12 PM

DC pauses on his way out. "Not that I know of. But I cannot rule out the possibility, and it will be obvious soon regardless. Any other questions before I go?"

Morty
2013-02-18, 03:16 PM

"No, that's all. I'll contact you through Cessie Mithar if I have any news," Dipsnig says.

Darkcomet
2013-02-18, 04:21 PM

"Very well." And then DC will leave. Whoo.

Lex-Kat
2013-02-18, 06:07 PM
{Infirmary}

Catoline rolls over, curls up in a ball, and begins to purr softly.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-19, 11:46 AM
Infirmary

CB stares at Vincent silently for a minute.

"Why not?"

CB can't see Vincent's battle stats, but if he isn't healthy enough to get around on his own without trouble he should rest.

Reinholdt
2013-02-19, 05:14 PM
Infirmary

"Because I'm fine." Vincent snorts in reply.
It was a very talented snort.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-19, 07:37 PM
[Entrance]

"We do keep a few interesting animals. There are wolves, and often others around. Then there's these demon sheep we raise as food." Kirk replies. "Would you like to see?"

[Entrance]

"Actually, I was curious if you wanted to raise some of our gargoyles. We recently had a few but the pens simply aren't large enough to house them. So either we simply have to let them go or hand over them to someone." She claims. "But sure, show me your pens."

Gullara
2013-02-19, 10:43 PM
[Entrance => Beast Pens]

"Ah, I bet we could take them off your hands. You might want to talk to our resident beastmaster about it. Allow me to show you to the pens." Kirk will guide her right there. "And here we are."

UncleWolf
2013-02-20, 01:41 PM
Dena's Room

She slowly raises her head and smiles, apparently breaking the trance she have been in for the entire dance. "Soo... I'm guessing you liked it." She chuckles a bit before slowly getting up from the floor, leaving the swords where they are. "That dance is called "twin tails" and you're actually the first person I showed it in like... a long time." She goes to sit down next to him, still calming down a bit.

Dena's Room

Bramwell tries to slip behind Dena to run his hands on her shoulders and rub them firmly to get them to relax. If he's successful, he'll lean down to kiss her neck gently from behind. "I'm honored I got to see it then." He admits happily. "How many dances do you know?"

Shadowcaller
2013-02-20, 02:02 PM
Dena's Room

Dena sigh blissfully as he starts massaging her. He can feel that she's really tense after doing all that. She chuckles a bit at his question though. "Most of it is improvisation honestly, when I started it was more like a prettied up gladiator game then a dance. You were supposed to injure your opponent while looking good while you were at it. It wasn't supposed to be to the death. Just until you drew blood, but it so happened that those swords were more then just sharp if you get my drift..." She replies while slowly starting to relax against him.

Morty
2013-02-21, 06:41 AM
[Beast Pens]

Kirk and Shalyn will undoubtedly notice the wolf family as they're all taking a nap after a meal. Kullervo raises his head attentively when they enter, however.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-21, 03:27 PM
[B]"You got wolves I see. Must be hard to raise, wolves tend to have a mind of their own. Do you have any idea what kind of methods that are used?" Shalyn asks as she see the wolf.

Gullara
2013-02-22, 12:13 AM
[Beast Pens]

"Couldn't say myself. They belong to the boss. He's a goblin, and I've picked up that his people tame wolves a lot. The first one he had was as tame as could be. Like a big puppy most of the time. Her mate was born and raised in the wild." Kirk explains.

Morty
2013-02-22, 01:36 PM
[Beast Pens]

Kullervo and Ruck - the male pup Kara hasn't adopted - pad over and sniff at Kirk and Shalyn. They're not particularily alert though, since Kirk is known to them.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-23, 02:31 PM
[B]"It is said that tamed wolves eventually turn into dogs after a few generations." Shalyn observes as she looks at the wolves. "But where is your beast master? I would like to talk with her." She seem to assume the beast master is female.

Morty
2013-02-23, 05:33 PM
[Approaching the Base]

Dipsnig leads Delaney up the road on the mountain slope towards the NO base. "Well, here we are. Let's head inside so we can discuss the details and speak to my subordinates."

[Lab]

After DC leaves, Dipsnig heads to the laboratory. Rilla's inventions are likely to be crucial if they're ever going to succeed at this mission...

UncleWolf
2013-02-23, 06:33 PM
Dena's Room

Bramwell nods as he continues his shoulder rub. "I do, but however it started, I do believe you've turned it into a spectacular art form. If you ever feel like making more money that way, I know a few people who'd love to eventually watch that and pay to do so." He admits with a small smile. "Or you could come with me to the Temple-Fortress sometime and spar with the others there. You'd be free to come and go as you wish."

Gullara
2013-02-23, 07:42 PM
[Beast Pens]

"Roxie's her name. She's usually around here." Kirk looks around more closely. "Though I don't see her now. She might be outside. We've got an area outside that's magically kept at a decent temperature."

missmvicious
2013-02-24, 12:18 AM
"Fantastic" Delaney says following Dipsnig her eyes looking everywhere trying to soak in Nexus.

Morty
2013-02-24, 09:08 AM
[Approaching => Main Room]

The door slides open for the approaching pair and Dipsnig rides inside, where he dismounts.
"Take a seat, please," he says, motioning to one of the armchairs. "We'll discuss the details of the job."

Shadowcaller
2013-02-24, 04:46 PM
[B]"I wouldn't trust magic too much." Says the woman living in a flying castle. "Some beasts get confused by it. But show me this place needlessly and I'll judge it myself."

Dena's Room

"Pay me eh? I like the sound of that." Dena chuckles. "I'd love to see your fortress though, is it as impressive as it sounds?"

Time for Never
2013-02-24, 05:21 PM
[Member's Quarters ---> Main Room]

Coming from his quarters is Vordenar, towards the main room, a few minutes after Dipsnig and Delaney arrive. He had returned to the base several hours ago after receiving the contract from August, to confirm with his boss that he approves of his client. After spending time playing with the penguins doing important and dangerous stuff, he had set off to find the goblin.

Vordenar enters the main room to see Dipsnig and Delaney talking. How strange. That woman looked remarkably familiar to his supposed target.

Red hair: check.
Twin Scimitars: check.
Lawfully good-looking type: check.
Appears determined: check.

Vordenar could think of one way to be absolutely certain that she was the person. He approaches her and says,

"I'm working for August."

Well that should certainly get her attention.

Felandria
2013-02-24, 06:12 PM
Deadra leaves, knowing if any progress is made, she will be contacted.

Gullara
2013-02-24, 10:23 PM
[Beast Pens]

Kirk leads the way outside and they find themselves in the magically warm area. It's quite comfortable, actually, despite the obvious cold conditions surrounding it. The are undoubtedly a number of demon sheep grazing out there. "This is it. It works well enough for the sheep at the very least."

missmvicious
2013-02-24, 10:37 PM
[Main room]
Delaney turns to sit and wait for Dipsnig but instead is met with a surprising stranger. "You work for August? August Tribolde?" she asks having a hard time believing that her quarry would have someone working for her already. As is second nature her hands also moved to the hilts of sabers, muscles tensing, awaiting conflict.

Time for Never
2013-02-25, 12:17 AM
[Main room]
Delaney turns to sit and wait for Dipsnig but instead is met with a surprising stranger. "You work for August? August Tribolde?" she asks having a hard time believing that her quarry would have someone working for her already. As is second nature her hands also moved to the hilts of sabers, muscles tensing, awaiting conflict.
[Main Room]

Yeah. It was her definitely her.

"I wouldn't reach for your weapons if I were you. I'll kill you the second you draw them."

Hey, at least he's honest.

"And yes, that's what I said. August wants you to stop pestering him, and I hear you've been quite the pest."

Vordenar suddenly notices Dipsnig across from her. Strange. Why was she in the base talking to his boss? He looks at the goblin to address him.

"Wait, what's going on here?"

missmvicious
2013-02-25, 04:49 AM
Delaney doesn't relax or move her hands from the hilts of her blades, but doesn't move to draw them either. She looks, an eyebrow raised from Dipsnig to Vordenar "I was just hiring some help to take Duke August Tribolde."

Morty
2013-02-25, 10:50 AM
[Main Room]

Dipsnig frowns and leans forward in his chair.
"I invited this lady here to discuss the details of a job she wanted to give us. The job does indeed involve capturing the very same man that hired you. What we have here is a conflict of interest."

Time for Never
2013-02-25, 12:11 PM
[Main Room]

Dipsnig frowns and leans forward in his chair.
"I invited this lady here to discuss the details of a job she wanted to give us. The job does indeed involve capturing the very same man that hired you. What we have here is a conflict of interest."

[Main Room]

Vordenar looks from Dipsnig to Delaney and then back to Dipsnig again. He then chuckles.

"It seems so."

The Shadar Kai keeps his eye on Delaney.

"This is an issue. The man paid me upfront after all, and it would look bad on us if I were to take his money and then turn on him. That's not the kind of reputation we want to earn, is it?."