PDA

View Full Version : Healing class question (creation?)

readordie18
2013-01-17, 07:24 PM
Is there a class, be it base or prestige, that mainly heals without any spell casting?

gorfnab
2013-01-17, 08:04 PM
Dragon Shaman (PHBII), Binder (ToM), and Crusader (ToB) come to mind. Although with the right build (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19859750/Paladin_Healing_Optimization) (bottom of first page) a Paladin can heal a lot without spells. Hellreaver (FCII) and Shadow Sun Ninja (ToB) prestige classes can heal as well.

readordie18
2013-01-17, 08:57 PM
nublet here, but what's ToB and FCII?

Daftendirekt
2013-01-17, 09:00 PM
Tome of Battle and Fiendish Codex II.

Ellrin
2013-01-17, 09:00 PM
Tome of Battle and Fiendish Codex II, I believe.

EDIT:
I'm not super familiar with board etiquette here, but is this where I say swordsaged?

Phelix-Mu
2013-01-17, 09:14 PM
Tome of Battle and Fiendish Codex II, I believe.

EDIT:
I'm not super familiar with board etiquette here, but is this where I say swordsaged?

I have seen both "swordsaged" and some proximal spelling of "ninja'd" used in these circumstances. Not sure if there is some kind of nuanced difference between the two, but, IMHO, ninja'd is a better mental picture.

*drops smokebomb and vanishes*

EDIT: Forgot the purpose of the thread. I think tattooed monk prc can add healing to a normal monk. Spellfire Wielder feat (in all it's poorly written glory) allows one with it to convert absorbed spell levels in to 2 points of healing per stored level.

Doesn't healer itself have some kind of non-spell healing thing? Or maybe I'm just thinking of the unicorn's abilities.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-01-17, 09:21 PM
Here in the playground (and maybe BG/Min max) we say swordsaged instead of ninja'd; because swordsages make better ninjas that ninjas (the class)...

nedz
2013-01-17, 09:33 PM
nublet here, but what's ToB and FCII?

The Roleplaying Games sub-forum has a sticky called Notable Threads.

This contains a link to Common Acronyms ...

It looks like this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18512).

nedz
2013-01-17, 09:35 PM
Here in the playground (and maybe BG/Min max) we say swordsaged instead of ninja'd; because swordsages make better ninjas that ninjas (the class)...

Well sometimes we say ninja'd.

Also slow Swordsages are called Monks.

Ed: Damm, just spent an hour reading about Ice Cream.

Psyren
2013-01-17, 09:50 PM
Whereas I typically say "psyrogue'd" though I've used ninja'd as well.

Speaking of which - OP, do you consider psionics to be "spellcasting?"