PDA

View Full Version : I'm bored; anyone want some homebrew made?

Amechra
2013-01-17, 08:45 PM
Alright, here's how this is gonna work (I hope...)

Someone tosses in an idea, and I'll do it.

I can make pretty much anything other than monsters for 3.5e; don't worry about a given mechanic being "foreign" to me, since I've read every single non-setting-specific 1st party book...

I can 'brew new swordsman styles for 7th Sea, (and if anyone wants them, could wrangle some other things.)

I can brush off my system-fu for older editions of D&D.

I could probably figure something out for oWoD, nWoD, or Exalted (I'm not too experienced in those systems, but I have read a lot of the material, and can make educated guesses as to power levels.)

And, well, if you have another system, toss it at me, and I'll figure something out. It would probably take me three/four times as long to 'brew something for, say, Traveller, than it would for me to make something with D&D.

For 3.5 people, if you want me to make a new magic system, be aware that I'll probably skimp and steal; if you want an entirely new system, you might want to try your hands at making it yourself.

Requests "Finished"
Inuyasha-based Weapons (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14571417&postcount=54)
Life Extension Options (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14554263&postcount=38)
Lightning Warrior (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14552330&postcount=30)

Grod_The_Giant
2013-01-17, 09:03 PM
A bard that uses invocations instead of spells?

Tvtyrant
2013-01-17, 09:06 PM
I would like an exalted base class built around Archons. Something like an Archonshape Paladin or an Angel Summoner would be cool, but whatever it is it has to be Archon!

D&D 3.5 bitte.

ShadowFireLance
2013-01-17, 09:10 PM
D&D 3.5....
A Cultist class, Build around Elder Evils...:smallamused:

bobthe6th
2013-01-17, 09:12 PM
A balanced, non ToB class based on a more fluff neutral version of the doll judgment discipline.

Something like a reasonable summoner, or just a sane version of a BFC wizard.

edit: found it here is the discipline (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XYXw6-TD7yoJ:brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php%3Faction%3Dprintpage%3Btopic%3D11940.0+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a)

Amechra
2013-01-17, 09:20 PM
Alright, 4 classes coming on up!

1. You want unique invocations with that Bard, or can I just go ahead and adapt a few Warlock ones? I already know what I'm going to be doing with the music.
2. Archonshape? Alright, I might end up doing a variation of Shapeshift Druid based on being ARCHON rather than ANIMAL.
3. Cultist class? What kinda mechanics you wanting with that? I mean, of course, you're going to manifest their Sign, but what else to do...
4. You still want dolls with that? 'cause, with tweaking, I may have something close...

Grod_The_Giant
2013-01-17, 09:23 PM
1. Some invocations stolen from warlocks/dragon disciples, some from the bard spell list, some from ACFs/songs, maybe a few new ones...

ShadowFireLance
2013-01-17, 09:25 PM
3. Cultist class? What kinda mechanics you wanting with that? I mean, of course, you're going to manifest their Sign, but what else to do...

WAIT! Stop the Presses!
okay, This is my actual Request:

Make a Tech Paladin, Invetiable, Mordon, And Golem...Themed.

bobthe6th
2013-01-17, 09:26 PM
4. You still want dolls with that? 'cause, with tweaking, I may have something close...

It was more that most games would frown on the dolls as odd... and kinda forced. So the idea was somthing flavor nutral I could use to be a minion mancer without a lot of finiky monsters with real stat blocks/actions (the big problem with minion mancers...)

Tvtyrant
2013-01-17, 09:36 PM
2. Archonshape? Alright, I might end up doing a variation of Shapeshift Druid based on being ARCHON rather than ANIMAL.

Sounds fun! Thank you!

Pyromancer999
2013-01-17, 10:06 PM
If you're still taking requests, I'd like a base class that's like the Apostle of Peace from Book of Exalted Deeds: non-combatant that's peaceful, but is still able to make a sizable impact on gameplay.

LrdoftheRngs
2013-01-17, 10:36 PM
If there's any room left, I would absolutely love a lightning-themed melee class. (In 3.5e please)

mythmonster2
2013-01-18, 03:18 AM
Also if you are still taking requests, I've always been interested in a base class version of the Assassin.

Xaotiq1
2013-01-18, 09:21 AM
Well, if you're still taking requests, how about some racial sub levels for ToB classes for Warforged Warblade, Half Orc Crusader, Azurin Crusader, and Halfling Swordsage?

PetterTomBos
2013-01-18, 09:54 AM
A table of ways humans can survive for 200 yrs! No option is out, as heavy magic is involved! Existing solutions are great! :)

Amechra
2013-01-18, 10:25 AM
A table of ways humans can survive for 200 yrs! No option is out, as heavy magic is involved! Existing solutions are great! :)

What system? And by table, do you just want a few options, or a lot? Since this really doesn't sound like a coherent "idea", I'll take a pass on thinking about this one until you give me more info.

EDIT: Alright, I'm starting on working down the list; probably won't be working in order, per se, but there's space for all of you.

(Base classes don't take long to do; half of it is making the table.)

Eldan
2013-01-18, 11:14 AM
Can you do spells? I'm pretty specifically looking for two kinds of spells for 3.5.

Namely:
Small-scale divinations. THings that are relevant on a battlefield level, instead of throwing off an entire campaign. Looking immediately into the future, answering very specific things, detection methods with flavourful drawbacks, new very specialized senses, that kind of thing.

Positive enchantments. I think the enchantment school is more limited than it needs to be, especially in core. It's mind magic. There should be more you can do with that than just mind control in various ways. Share knowledge with someone instantly. Help someone cure amnesia or insanity. Travel inside someone's mind. There has to be interesting stuff here.

Amechra
2013-01-18, 11:16 AM
I'm not the best with spells, but I can do them.

Is it OK if they initially don't have level tags slapped onto them?

Eldan
2013-01-18, 11:19 AM
Sure. Or throw me a coupble ideas and I'll do the write-ups.

gparali
2013-01-18, 11:24 AM
I would personally love to see these two:

Make a Tech Paladin, Invetiable, Mordon, And Golem...Themed.

and

A balanced, non ToB class based on a more fluff neutral version of the doll judgment discipline.

Something like a reasonable summoner, or just a sane version of a BFC wizard.

edit: found it here is the discipline

maybe the second one also giving you powers to enhance yourself and being able to simulate the Darkness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Darkness_(comics)). Or being able to slap different templates on the creatures (chosen at first level) to define the theme of the summoner?

Blackjackg
2013-01-18, 11:41 AM
This probably won't be much of a challenge, but I'd love a 3.5 Ranger variant that uses psionics instead of magic.

Amechra
2013-01-18, 11:43 AM
You mean like this? (http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/ranger)

Blackjackg
2013-01-18, 11:45 AM
Wow, really wasn't much of a challenge. Thanks!

Xaotiq1
2013-01-18, 12:00 PM
Amechra, I hope you don't mind me butting in here; but Eldan, I might be able to help you!

Snake Oil
Enchantment
Level: Sor/Wiz4, Bard 3, Trickery 4
Components: S, M
Range: Touch
Effect: Drink temporarily suppresses various conditions.
Duration: 1 day per level or 1 round per level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

With a touch, you imbue a flask of water with the ability to relieve the effects of various conditions the person who drinks it is under. This can be used even on your self and on those who know that this is a trick.

The liquid stays potent for one day per caster level. Once consumed, its effects last for 1 round per caster level. Snake Oil removes the effects of the following conditions: All fear effects, dazed, stunned, fatigued, exhausted, sickened, nauseated.

I know it looks like transmutation, but the water never actually changes. Also, it was hastily brewed and is more than likely dubiously worded, you may need to modify as you see fit.

Inspired from another thread:

Charm Spell
Enchantment
Level: Sor/Wis 4
Components: V,S
Casting Time: 1 immediate or swift action
Range: Medium (100' +10'/caster level)
Target: One spell or spell-like ability cast/activated by another creature
Saving Throw: Special

When another creature casts a spell or activates a spell-like ability, you may cast this in response. Both you and the caster of the targeted spell make an opposed caster level check.
If you win the contest, you may affect the spell in one of the following ways:

If the spell produces a lesser effect on a save, you may have the spell have the lesser effect and the save will negate instead.
If the spell was affected by metamagic, you can remove a number of level increases from metamagic equal to your casting stat modifier.
If the spell has already been cast, you can suppress it for a number of rounds equal to 1/3 your class level.

This one might be too much for the level. I dunno.

sengmeng
2013-01-18, 01:09 PM
I'd like a five level epic prestige class that requires you to have levels in the True Berserker (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265599) prestige class. Also, I'd appreciate any PEACHing you might want to do on the True Berserker, and any additional rage enhancements you can suggest. Also, if you can think of a better name than "True Berserker." And tell me if it is over or under-powered for a character who would probably be taking it from levels 16-20.

This will make more sense once you've read the PrC class's description: One of the epic rage enhancements should be called something like "Bearlord" and it takes your bear form and turns it into a humanoid bear (like a werebear's hybrid form) and applies either a half-fiend or half-celestial template to it (flying anthropomorphic bear, baby!) and gives you the ability to summon celestial or fiendish bears of your bear form's (non-enhanced) type once per round, who disappear when your rage or frenzy ends. And you automatically charm normal bears with no saving throw, and can use a swift action to charm werebears, bears who are a druid or ranger's animal companions, and bear-like magical beasts (special mounts or familiars).

SirAxealot
2013-01-18, 01:36 PM
You know how there're Archmages? How about an Archdruid.

Xaotiq1
2013-01-18, 02:12 PM
You know how there're Archmages? How about an Archdruid.

Do you mean http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/hierophant.htm

Xefas
2013-01-18, 02:56 PM
Positive enchantments. I think the enchantment school is more limited than it needs to be, especially in core. It's mind magic. There should be more you can do with that than just mind control in various ways. Share knowledge with someone instantly. Help someone cure amnesia or insanity. Travel inside someone's mind. There has to be interesting stuff here.

Xefas' Saccharine Psycho-Sanctum
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Bard 4, Beguiler 4, Sorc/Wiz 4
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: One Willing Creature Touched
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes

With a casting of this spell, you create an interruption between the target's perceptions and their mind, such that they are forced to interpret every stimulus as being absolutely hilarious and non-threatening. Gruesomely decomposing zombies appear as papier-mâché pinatas that one would be all too eager to pop open with a swing of the sword, while a dragon flying overhead might as well be a balloon animal, its terrible roar replaced with nursery rhymes and the warm laugh of elderly family members seated around the fireplace.

When cast on yourself, you gain complete immunity to Fear effects, but the lack of urgency imparted by the spell forces a -2 morale penalty on all initiative checks.

When cast on someone else, your imperfect understanding of their mind may only impart a, still impressive, +20 morale bonus on saving throws made against Fear effects (as well as the penalty to initiative). However, should such a beneficiary fail a saving throw against Fear, despite this considerable bonus, the magic wreaks havoc on their mind. The spell's duration expires immediately, and the Fear effect that broke them is increased in severity, doubling its duration and improving its level of fear by one step (Shaken becomes Frightened, Frightened becomes Panicked), as visions of candy-cane scalpels dance across their eyes, and clowns with too-wide smiles, swarming with thousand-legged gumdrop spiders, lurk just at the edge of their sight.

Arcane Focus: Something that symbolizes happiness. It could be a sweet food item, a joke the caster tells their target, some fond memory clearly remembered, or something else entirely.

Garryl
2013-01-18, 02:59 PM
Can you do spells? I'm pretty specifically looking for two kinds of spells for 3.5.

Namely:
Small-scale divinations. THings that are relevant on a battlefield level, instead of throwing off an entire campaign. Looking immediately into the future, answering very specific things, detection methods with flavourful drawbacks, new very specialized senses, that kind of thing.

I'm not Amechra, but do these spells (http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.php/topic,787.0.html) fit the bill?

Amechra
2013-01-18, 03:32 PM
Alright, first request I felt like doing... THE LIGHTNING WARRIOR!!!1!! (the name is intentional.)

More seriously, the entire idea behind the class goes from "you are fast" at first level to "you fling lightning bolts around? Oh, those are your melee attacks" at high levels.

Enjoy, LrdoftheRngs.

Image! (http://www.oneinchpunch.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/china-electric-man1.jpg)

Lightning Warrior

I flicker back and forth between being a man and a bolt of lighting. Technically. It's rather a bit much, sometimes...

HD: d10
Skill Points per Level: 4+int
Skill Points at First Level: (4+int)*4

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
1|+0|+0|+2|+2|Nervous Energy, Lightning Touch (+1d6), Lightning Speed
2|+1|+0|+3|+3|Bonus Feat, Lightning Step
3|+2|+1|+3|+3|Lightning Touch (+1d6/+1), Evasion
4|+3|+1|+4|+4|Arcing Defense
5|+3|+1|+4|+4|Lightning Touch (+2d6/+1), Bonus Feat
6|+4|+2|+5|+5|Energized Muscles, Gather Charge (Move)
7|+5|+2|+5|+5|Lightning Touch (+2d6/+2)
8|+6/+1|+2|+6|+6|Bonus Feat, Spark
9|+6/+1|+3|+6|+6|Lightning Touch (+3d6/+2), Improved Evasion
10|+7/+2|+3|+7|+7|Charge Differential
11|+8/+3|+3|+7|+7|Lightning Touch (+3d6/+3), Bonus Feat, Quick Reactions
12|+9/+4|+4|+8|+8|Shock Shield, Gather Charge (Swift)
13|+9/+4|+4|+8|+8|Lightning Touch (+4d6/+3), Quicker than Lightning
14|+10/+5|+4|+9|+9|Bonus Feat, Leaping Sparks
15|+11/+6/+1|+5|+9|+9|Lightning Touch (+4d6/+4)
16|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+10|Gather Charge (Immediate), Arc Generator
17|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+10|Lightning Touch (+5d6/+4), Bonus Feat
18|+13/+8/+3|+6|+11|+11|Shock Absorber
19|+14/+9/+4|+6|+11|+11|Lightning Touch (+5d6/+5)
20|+15/+10/+5|+6|+12|+12|Bonus Feat, Living Storm[/table]'

Class Skills for a Lightning Warrior are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (geography) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Use Rope (Dex).

Weapons and Armor Proficiency: A Lightning Warrior is proficient in all simple and martial weapons, as well as any weapon that could be affected by Weapon Finesse. In addition, they are proficient in all light armor.

Nervous Energy (Ex): The humanoid body isn't really designed for holding egregious amounts of energy; however, there is a workaround, in the form of nerves... And, well, once you're supercharging your brain with electricity, you get some effects that look a lot like psionics.

A Lighting Warrior may take [Psionic] feats even if they do not have a pool of power points, and may acquire Psionic Focus as if they had a single power point.

A Lightning Warrior may expend their Psionic Focus to "take 15" on Initiative checks.

Lightning Touch (Su): A Lightning Warrior is holding a primal force all bundled up in their nerves, and they need an outlet for it somehow. And so it beads in any metal they wear like some kind of... lightning. The hard part is getting it into a usable state.

A Lightning Warrior may, as part of a ritual that takes a minute, fill up any weapon that could be affected by the Weapon Finesse feat or light armor with electricity. If they do so, they may deal an additional 1d6 Electricity damage whenever they make an attack with that weapon. At 5th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, the bonus damage from this ability increases by 1d6, and their reach while wielding a weapon enhanced by this class feature increases by 5'.

In addition, once the Lightning Warrior has reached 3rd level, they gain a +1 dodge bonus to their armor class and a +1 bonus to their reflex saves whenever they wear armor that was enhanced by this class feature. At 7th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, these bonuses increases by 1.

Finally, a Lightning Warrior may expend their Psionic Focus as part of either a Standard action or Full-Round action spent attacking to gain a +3 bonus to attack rolls against creatures wearing metal armor for the duration of that action.

Lightning Speed (Ex): When you hold lightning in your brain and blood, you are bound to react more quickly.

A Lightning Warrior gains Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat. In addition, once per round as a Swift action, they may expend their Psionic Focus to make a single attack at their highest base attack bonus.

Bonus Feat (Ex): Lightning brings flashes of light in the dark, that illuminate your flaws so you can better... fix them.

At 2nd level, and every 3 levels thereafter, a Lightning Warrior gains a bonus feat; these bonus feats must be [Fighter] or [Psionic] feats.

They must qualify for any bonus feats they take.

Lightning Step (Su): When you have lightning singing in you, it's very easy to move like lightning.

A Lightning Warrior of at least 2nd level may expend their Psionic Focus as part of a Move Action; if they do so, they increase their speed by 10ft for every die of bonus damage they gain from their Lightning Touch ability, and add half their class level to Tumble checks to avoid attacks of opportunity.

In addition, once per round as a Swift action, they may expend their Psionic Focus to move up to 10ft for every die of bonus damage from Lighting Touch. If they would only move 10ft as part of that Swift action, they do not provoke attacks of opportunities from their movement.

Evasion (Ex): Only fools believe that they can hit lightning; it works the other way around, fools!

Whenever a Lightning Warrior of at least 3rd level successfully makes a Reflex save against an effect that would deal half damage on a successful saving throw, they instead take no damage. They lose the benefits of this ability if they are wearing armor heavier than Light, or if they are helpless.

Arcing Defense (Su): If you did manage to strike lightning, what would it do to you? Would it simply pass through you, burning your organs to a crisp?

As long as a Lighting Warrior of at least 4th level is benefiting from a dodge bonus to armor class from their Lighting Touch class feature, they gain the ability to rebuke attempts to harm them.

Whenever they would be hit by a melee or ranged attack, they may expend their Psionic Focus and an attack of opportunity; if they do so, the effects vary based on whether the attack was a melee attack or a ranged attack.

If it was a melee attack, their attacker takes damage equal to the Lightning Warrior's bonus damage from Lighting Touch.

If it was a ranged attack, the attack automatically misses, as the projectile is struck by a furious veil of sparks.

This class feature may not be used on ranged touch attacks.

Finally, whenever the Lightning Warrior would take electricity damage, they may expend their Psionic Focus as an Immediate action to take minimum damage from the electricity, their own charge countering that of the offending shock.

Energized Muscles (Ex): The truth is, lightning holds a lot of energy; enough to make up for pathetic weaknesses of the flesh. The shear quickness of the jolt shores up any weaknesses that they might have.

A Lightning Warrior of at least 6th level may add their Dexterity modifier as a bonus to all Strength checks, and may expend their Psionic Focus as a free action whenever they are using a Combat Maneuver to halve the bonus that their opponent would gain from size.

In addition, they add their Dexterity modifier to damage instead of their their Strength modifier whenever they wield a weapon that uses their Dexterity modifier as a bonus to attack rolls.

Gather Charge (Ex): It takes a lot of energy to build up a full charge; fortunately, over time, it becomes easier and easier to do this kind of thing more quickly.

A Lightning Warrior of at least 6th level may make a Concentration check to regain their Psionic Focus as a move action.

At 12th level, they may make that Concentration check as a Swift action.

At 16th level, they may make that Concentration check as an Immediate action.

Regardless of how many actions they gain, they may not make a check to regain their Psionic Focus more than once per round.

Spark (Su): It's strange what kind of things percolate in the head of a man filled with sparks and shocks. Sometimes, ideas just start firing off...

A Lightning Warrior of at least 8th level may craft Alchemical Items, even though they aren't a spellcaster; in addition, they may use a Concentration check in place of Craft (Alchemy) checks and any Craft checks intended to make objects out of metal.

Finally, if they expend their Psionic Focus as part of a Craft check (or replacement Concentration check), they may make that check to figure out how much work they've done that day, still using the price in Silver Pieces to determine their progress.

Improved Evasion (Ex): Flicker, flicker, and you are gone.

Whenever a Lightning Warrior of at least 9th level fails a Reflex save against an effect that deals half damage on a successful save, they instead take half damage.

Charge Differential (Su): Everything is charged; even the blood inside a perfectly mundane man is charged. It's just enough to pull a weapon towards a man.

Whenever a Lightning Warrior of at least 10th level expends their Psionic Focus to improve an attack made as a Standard action, or to make an attack as a Swift action, that attack is made as a Touch attack.

Quick Reactions (Su): It would not be befitting that someone who is a scion of lightning to be slow, would it?

A Lightning Warrior of at least 11th level may choose to "take 15" on their Initiative checks at will, without expending their Psionic Focus.

In addition, they gain a second Swift or Immediate action each round, which may only be used on class features from this class.

Finally, they may use the Swift action facets of the Lightning Speed and Lightning Step class features as Immediate actions.

Shock Shield (Su): The shear impertinence of others, using lightning against you, its rightful lord! They will take the brunt of your vengeance!

A Lightning Warrior of at least 12th level always takes minimum damage from any effect that would deal Electricity damage to them.

In addition, a Lightning Warrior can choose to treat any attack made against them as any combination of ranged or melee for the purpose of their Arcing Defense class feature, and may affect Ranged Touch Attacks with that class feature.

Quicker than Lightning (Ex): You simply flicker between wherever you are, and wherever you wish to go; it is a thing of beauty.

Whenever a Lightning Warrior of at least 13th level enhances a move action with their Lightning Step class feature, or moves as a Swift or Immediate action, they don't provoke attacks of opportunity for moving.

In addition, if they move through another creature's space as part of any movement that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, they may make an attack of opportunity against that creature.

Leaping Sparks (Su): Lightning does not fly; it simply moves where it needs to go, regardless of petty concerns like "gravity."

A Lighting Warrior of at least 14th level may enhance a Run action with the Lightning Step class feature as if it were a move action.

In addition, when they enhance their move actions (or Run actions) with their Lightning Step class feature, they gain a Fly speed with Perfect maneuverability equal to their land speed for the duration of that action.

Arc Generator (Su): It is shear folly to believe that you are safe from lightning if you can't see the sky; a similar principle applies in this situation.

A Lightning Warrior of at least 16th level automatically confirms any critical hits threatened by an attack enhanced by Lightning Touch, or which was gained from Lightning Speed.

In addition, in any round in which the Lightning Warrior expends their Psionic Focus to power a class feature, they may double their reach for the purpose of all of their attacks.

Shock Absorber (Su): You practically live as lightning, so it makes no sense that you would be harmed by electricity.

A Lightning Warrior of at least 18th level is immune to Electric damage; in addition, if they would be harmed by Electric damage, they instead regain their Psionic Focus.

Living Storm (Su): It has finally happened; you have shed your mortal "shell", and can now show the world what a true maestro of lightning can do.

Upon reaching 20th level, a Lightning Warrior's type changes to Elemental, though they may still be resurrected as if they were their original type.

In addition, they may hold two Psionic Focuses at once, and if they do not have a Psionic Focus held at the beginning of their initiative count, they may make a Concentration check to regain a Psionic Focus as a free action that round.

Finally, any move action or Run action that they make is automatically modified by Lightning Step, without the expenditure of a held Psionic Focus.

Amechra
2013-01-18, 03:33 PM
Also, I've got some beneficial mind tricks I'm working on, Eldan, and...

I'll leave the divinations to Garryl, since he has all the ideas I had covered.

EDIT: Look at the last post of the 1st page; I posted a finished request there.

LrdoftheRngs
2013-01-18, 03:59 PM
Thanks! It's great, and will be really useful for a campaign I am running. Looking forward to seeing what you can whip up for other people too.

Network
2013-01-18, 05:33 PM
Would you like to do job on a wiki too? I find the Bloodcaster (http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/User:Eiji-kun/Sandbox/Bloodcaster_%283.5e_Class%29) concept very interesting, yet its lack of spell list make it unusable past low level. I'm not too good at creating new spells, so can you add some for me? Thanks.

Acanous
2013-01-18, 05:38 PM
A Paladin variant for Pathfinder that trades lay on hands and mercies for direct damage and bestowing status effects.

Amechra
2013-01-18, 05:39 PM
I'll try; I'll toss that behind some of the other classes that I'm working on.

thethird
2013-01-18, 05:45 PM
If you are still up for it I have been trying to make a bloodmage in 3.5 for some time. Another person ideas would be great.

Mechanically I would like to have something on the middle ground from the warlocks invocation and the shadowcaster mysteries (or the spellshaper formulas) mixed with psionics. A basic almost at will ability and some modifications/improvements to it through blood (non lethal damage preferably).

The "spells" doesn't have to be really laid out, just some basic ideas on the class and how to make it work would be awesome.

PetterTomBos
2013-01-18, 05:50 PM
What system? And by table, do you just want a few options, or a lot? Since this really doesn't sound like a coherent "idea", I'll take a pass on thinking about this one until you give me more info.

Sorry, poorly written and thought out request. System, 3.5 D&D, I only want some options :)

Amechra
2013-01-18, 10:16 PM
Alright, I'll just toss out a pair of "life extension" options, ranging from pretty darn evil to the easy way; note that I'm not going to do a spell for this, since one already exists that extends your life indefinitely. Instead, they're rituals or feats.

For the purposes of this, a Racial Age Modifier is the maximum value that could be rolled on the age tables for your race (so Humans would have a Racial Age Modifier of 40, Elves would have one of 400, and so on and so forth)

In addition, there's a little bit of a house-rule going on here; for each age category you enter, you take a -1 penalty to all ability scores; this can't reduce your ability scores below their racial minimums (3+Racial modifiers).

Graceful Aging [General]
You seem to have a longer lifespan than your fellows. A much longer lifespan.
Prerequisites: Must have a racial maximum age, 1st level
Benefits: When determining the age at which you enter a new age category, add your Racial Age Modifier to the value in the Middle Age column, add twice your Racial Age Modifier to the value in the Old column, and add three times your Racial Age Modifier to the value in the Venerable Column.
Your actual Maximum Age is determined by adding your modified Venerable age value to your Racial Age Modifier.
Finally, you take no aging penalties to your ability scores.
Special: This feat must be taken at 1st level.

By taking this feat, a Human would hit Middle Age at 75, Old age at 133, Venerable age at 190, and they would die at age 230. Of course, Elves get a better deal, since their maximum age is now, you know, 1950 years. Half-Orcs are kinda shafted, what with their maximum age of only 140.

Halflings, funnily enough, would get to be exactly 500 years old with this feat.

Bathory's Bathing

This corrupt and hideous ritual is extremely easy to follow; you simply need to slay a humanoid and then bathe in their fresh blood, mixed with unholy water for an hour, absorbing the healthful benefits of their beauty.

Whenever you bathe in a creature's blood as part of this ritual, subtract that creature's Charisma modifier from your current age; this cannot make you younger than the minimum age for adulthood, which is 15 in Humans. In addition, this counts as a full, hearty, nutritious meal, though you can't become overly full by bathing in blood.

Finally, as a long-term benefit of this ritual, add the number of years your age has been reduced by to the age of adulthood for your race; if this number would exceed the Middle Aged value for your race, you receive a +1 Profane bonus to your Charisma score. This bonus increases to +2 if the number of years reduced increases past the Old age value, +3 if it would increase past the Venerable value, and +4 if it would exceed the highest possible Maximum Age for your race.

However, there are a few drawbacks to this ritual; upon first beginning this ritual, you begin aging at twice the normal rate; on the feast-days of gods of Healing, Justice, or Life that are celebrated in your area, you age at 10 times the normal rate, and take a number of points of Constitution Burn equal to the Profane bonus to Charisma you derive from this ritual at dawn. In addition, you do not derive normal nutritional benefit from any food or drink you eat or imbibe; while you can still eat and drink, it does nothing to curb your hunger.

The benefits and drawbacks of this ritual can be removed by a full day of atonement, fasting, and prayer, which culminates by bathing in holy water blessed by a priest dedicated to a god of Healing, Justice, or Life. However, you can only be so cleansed once; if you begin to use the ritual again, you treat every day as if it were a feast-day of a god of Healing, Justice, or Life.

Inspired by the legends around Elizabeth Bathory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_B%C3%A1thory), of course; this here ritual is how reprehensible people go about living to 200.

Amechra
2013-01-18, 10:18 PM
Alright, I put up links to stuff I finished in the first post.

Dsurion
2013-01-19, 02:11 AM
These ideas are more for large projects, but I thought I'd throw them out there anyway for anyone interested.

A 3.5 "book" called Cloak and Dagger that expands upon the rules of Stealth and Social skills, maybe not so much as the combat rules, but definitely a meaty expansion. I modded the format from Heroes of Horror, could look something like this, although that much detail is certainly not necessary, I'd mostly be interested in mechanics and not necessarily all of the guidelines:

Cloak & Dagger - The Book of Stealth and Intrigue

Introduction

Chapter 1: Covert Encounters
Stand-Alone Encounters
Introducing Intrigue
Setting the Stage
Behind the Curtain
Sample Encounter
Sample Encounter

Chapter 2: Covert Adventures
Stealth Missions in a non-Stealth Game
Politics in a non-Political Game
Designing Cloak and Dagger Adventures
Setting
Mood
Plot and Story
Villains
Cloak and Dagger Techniques
Sample Adventure

Chapter 3: Cloak and Dagger Campaigns
Designing Cloak and Dagger Adventures
Setting
Mood
Plot and Story
Villains
Sample Campaign

Chapter 4: Cloak and Dagger Rules
Expanding Stealth and Diplomacy

Chapter 5: Cloak and Dagger Characters
Classes
Feats
Prestige Classes
Spells

Chapter 6: Creatures

In the same vein, a Races of the Horde "book" for the unloved Goblins and Orcs and whatever other creatures are appropriate. Trolls maybe?

And similarly, a Junglescape "book".

Honestly, a lot of these could mostly be collections of existing homebrew, if they exist, and I'd be happy.

togapika
2013-01-19, 02:13 AM
Can you make me a Prestige Class based around magic rings. Maybe they make some unique ones, and eventually look almost like the Mandarin wearing so many rings...

Moonwolf727
2013-01-19, 02:43 AM
If you are still taking requests I would like a base class with a focus on having an alternate "Monstrous" form and improving that.

Wild Zubat
2013-01-20, 01:35 AM
Wait... how silly are you willing to go?

Because I, for one, would like to play something based on the Bladers of Metal Fight Beyblade.

A base class, to be precise, centered around the Bit Beast and the Beyblade, meant to act as a Striker.

Yes, that's right: by Epic levels? You'll be killing dragons with A SPINNING TOP.

That is, if you're willing. You really don't have to...

inuyasha
2013-01-21, 09:57 PM
I would like 3 artifact level swords if you are still taking requests

they should be based on these three things
1: http://inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Tessaiga capable of killing many people in one stroke
2: http://inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Tenseiga a blade that doesnt cut, able to ressurect and heal

3: http://inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/S%C5%8D%27unga a demon sword, capable of possessing its wielder and summoning dead souls as zombies.
I know this is a big request but I really want these for a campaign coming up. you have all the time in the world. I encourage going through these wiki pages for the weapons

Amechra
2013-01-21, 10:12 PM
I'm currently working my way through the requests; I'm about a third of the way through the minion-working class, and I'll probably be doing the artifact weapons next.

inuyasha
2013-01-21, 10:54 PM
I'm currently working my way through the requests; I'm about a third of the way through the minion-working class, and I'll probably be doing the artifact weapons next.

cool :) I posted this in request a homebrew but got no customer service whatsoever, so then I saw you and posted it here. Thanks :smallbiggrin:

inuyasha
2013-01-21, 10:56 PM
If you are still up for it I have been trying to make a bloodmage in 3.5 for some time. Another person ideas would be great.

Mechanically I would like to have something on the middle ground from the warlocks invocation and the shadowcaster mysteries (or the spellshaper formulas) mixed with psionics. A basic almost at will ability and some modifications/improvements to it through blood (non lethal damage preferably).

The "spells" doesn't have to be really laid out, just some basic ideas on the class and how to make it work would be awesome.

tome and blood, blood magus, perfect for what you want I think :)

Amechra
2013-01-21, 11:04 PM
To bobthe6th, are you really set in the minionmancer being a non-ToB class? I started in the direction of having access to maneuvers as a way to theme your minions (if you have Iron Heart and Stone Dragon, you get hardy soldiers; if you go for Breath of Fire and Aerial Ace, you get dragons), before I remembered that restriction (restrictions are what makes things fun.)

Of course, if I can go the easy way, I'd like that. Now, trying it the hard way.

Also, vis-a-vis the Apostle of Peace request... what do you want it to be able to do beyond having spells and the 3 class features that the original has? Do you want it getting the prerequisite feats as bonus feats?

Because I can't see what class features I can give it otherwise...

ShadowFireLance
2013-01-21, 11:11 PM
To bobthe6th, are you really set in the minionmancer being a non-ToB class? I started in the direction of having access to maneuvers as a way to theme your minions (if you have Iron Heart and Stone Dragon, you get hardy soldiers; if you go for Breath of Fire and Aerial Ace, you get dragons), before I remembered that restriction (restrictions are what makes things fun.)

I would Personally like to see that Maneuver Minion Themed Class...:smallbiggrin:

bobthe6th
2013-01-21, 11:13 PM

Oh, the idea was that the minionmancy not be through maneuvers directly. Though I would like it to be core compatible(or at least completes+core compatible), as a lot of people ban ToB. Now that said, you are doing me a favor, so do whatever you want. If basing the class on maneuvers makes it work, more power to you.

Amechra
2013-01-21, 11:17 PM
Alright, I'll just quickly write up the Inuyasha weapons (I'll just write the mechanics for it, alright? You've got the fluff right there, anyway), then I'll write it up.

I might make an adaptation section at some later point.

Pyromancer999
2013-01-21, 11:31 PM
Also, vis-a-vis the Apostle of Peace request... what do you want it to be able to do beyond having spells and the 3 class features that the original has? Do you want it getting the prerequisite feats as bonus feats?

Because I can't see what class features I can give it otherwise...

Maybe not have it have the requisite feats as a requirement, but maybe a series of class features that mimic it? I know I like the calming touch stuff. Also, when thinking further, maybe have it get something like a Wis-based version of Divine Grace, bonuses to AC, and maybe allow for the capability to put out some non-lethal damage as well. Another thing that I think might be interesting for it would be to have some dispelling capability, either through class features or otherwise, and maybe have some buffing or debuffing stuff added on.

gparali
2013-01-21, 11:38 PM

Not my request, but I like the maneuver idea

Amechra
2013-01-22, 12:42 AM
Alright, here are the three artifact weapons:

Tessaiga, the Blade of Destruction: This +4 Evil Outsider Bane Undead Bane Bastard Sword only grants its full power to a creature that has the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword) feat; that creature is referred to as the wielder.

The wielder of this weapon adds twice their strength modifier to damage instead of their strength modifier when wielded one handed, and triple their strength in place of their normal strength bonus to damage when they wield it in both of their hands.

In addition, the wielder may, as a standard action, make an attack with Tessaiga out to a range of 5ft plus 5ft per point of their Strength Modifier; this attack is considered to be both a ranged attack and a melee attack. This is referred to as the "Scar of the Wind."

Finally, if the above special attack strikes either an Evil Outsider or an Undead creature, it ignores any regeneration, fast healing, or damage reduction that that creature might have; if the attack kills or destroys that creature, the wielder may make an additional attack at the same bonus, with the benefits of the Scar of the Wind applied.

Tessaiga may not be wielded by an Evil Outsider or an Undead creature; if they attempt to even carry it, they take damage as if they had attacked themselves with Tessaiga each round.

Tenseiga, the Healing Blade: This +4 Merciful Defending Bastard Sword only grants its full power to a creature that has the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword) feat; that creature is referred to as the wielder.

The wielder of this weapon cannot deal lethal damage with this weapon by any means to any creature that is not either an Evil Outsider or an Undead creature; if it would, it instead heals that creature an amount equal to the damage that would have been dealt.

In addition, the wielder of this weapon may choose to, as a full-round action, replicate a Raise Dead effect on a creature, as long as their body is reasonably intact.

Tenseiga may not be wielded by an Evil Outsider or an Undead creature; if they attempt to even carry it, they take damage as if they had attacked themselves with Tenseiga each round, ignoring the Merciful feature of the sword.

So'unga, the Demon Blade: This CE +5 Bastard Sword is an intelligent weapon with an Intelligence and Charisma of 18, a Wisdom of 10, and an Ego score of 27. It continually has the effects of a Deathwatch spell, has 10 ranks in Intimidate and Knowledge (the Planes), may use Fear 3/day as a spell-like ability, and may duplicate the effects of a Lesser Globe of Invulnerability spell 1/day.

In addition, the blade has a purpose of killing everything, and may use Animate Dead at will, using its Ego score as its caster level; any creature slain by So'unga itself is treated as if it was within the area of a Desecrate spell that also contained an altar to So'unga inside it (which happens to be the sword itself.)

Upon being picked up by any creature, So'unga immediately instigates an Ego contest and, if it wins, will refuse to give the body it now controls back to its original owner; any creature under the control of So'unga gains 5 HP per HD and a +5 Profane bonus to all saving throws; those bonus hit points are not Temporary Hit-Points, and are not lost first.

So'unga instantly loses control if it is disarmed.

wardonis
2013-01-22, 09:10 AM
The 'Orb Dancer' is a class I've tried to make 3 times and I can't seem to make it balanced but I'd really like to play it. Here is the concept:

Light armor, dex based. Loaded with agility and fast on multiple levels, somewhat reckless by overextending offense and leaving openings in their defenses.

combat style, they create orbs of elemental energy about the size of a pro-softball. about 5" in diameter. as they level they can create an increased number simultaneously. Starting with 2 at level 1 and with 5 at higher levels. To accommodate this he should have a full BAB and get 2 attacks at his highest attack roll in a full attack. so 5 attacks at lvl20, +20 +20 +15 +10 +5. However, he doesn't gain STR to hit or dmg. These orbs can float around the Orb Dancer and move with him. He controls them mentally and they will exist until he dismisses them. These orbs are capable of shooting off blasts of various elemental energys in various shapes. Additionally the Orbs energies may manifest momentarily into various melee weapons and even shields. Think Necrid from SCII http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUQ7kTHiAcA the difference is that the Orb Dancer doesn't actually hold the weapons they float around him. The manifestations never last more than a single round but each orb may change to a separate weapon or back to an Orb at will without using the Orb Dancers move/standard actions.

So assume he has a full BAB and 5 orbs.
1 orb is a floating long sword made of fire
1 orb is a floating heavy pick made if ice
1 orb is a floating ball of lightning
1 orb is a floating ball of acid
1 orb is a floating shield of force

with '1 full attack' you could attack with long sword doing (1d8) fire damage, attack with heavy pick (1d4) frost damage, a line of lightning, a cone of acid and gain +2 AC from the shield of force. The next round it could be a completely different set up. It's up to the Orb Dancer at the beginning of his turn.

i don't mind the blast damage being light, real damage should come from combining various attacks and going all out.

inuyasha
2013-01-22, 04:01 PM
I did finally get service in the request a homebrew thread but holy crap yours is SO MUCH BETTER!. thank you so much bro. These will be used to great effect

Xaotiq1
2013-01-22, 04:28 PM
The 'Orb Dancer' is a class I've tried to make 3 times and I can't seem to make it balanced but I'd really like to play it. Here is the concept:

Light armor, dex based. Loaded with agility and fast on multiple levels, somewhat reckless by overextending offense and leaving openings in their defenses.

combat style, they create orbs of elemental energy about the size of a pro-softball. about 5" in diameter. as they level they can create an increased number simultaneously. Starting with 2 at level 1 and with 5 at higher levels. To accommodate this he should have a full BAB and get 2 attacks at his highest attack roll in a full attack. so 5 attacks at lvl20, +20 +20 +15 +10 +5. However, he doesn't gain STR to hit or dmg. These orbs can float around the Orb Dancer and move with him. He controls them mentally and they will exist until he dismisses them. These orbs are capable of shooting off blasts of various elemental energys in various shapes. Additionally the Orbs energies may manifest momentarily into various melee weapons and even shields. Think Necrid from SCII http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUQ7kTHiAcA the difference is that the Orb Dancer doesn't actually hold the weapons they float around him. The manifestations never last more than a single round but each orb may change to a separate weapon or back to an Orb at will without using the Orb Dancers move/standard actions.

So assume he has a full BAB and 5 orbs.
1 orb is a floating long sword made of fire
1 orb is a floating heavy pick made if ice
1 orb is a floating ball of lightning
1 orb is a floating ball of acid
1 orb is a floating shield of force

with '1 full attack' you could attack with long sword doing (1d8) fire damage, attack with heavy pick (1d4) frost damage, a line of lightning, a cone of acid and gain +2 AC from the shield of force. The next round it could be a completely different set up. It's up to the Orb Dancer at the beginning of his turn.

i don't mind the blast damage being light, real damage should come from combining various attacks and going all out.

This may be relevant to your interests: http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Swordmage

You can do a re-skin here, a re-flavor there, and POOF you're done! :smallbiggrin:

TechnOkami
2013-01-22, 04:44 PM
Would you like to do job on a wiki too? I find the Bloodcaster (http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/User:Eiji-kun/Sandbox/Bloodcaster_%283.5e_Class%29) concept very interesting, yet its lack of spell list make it unusable past low level. I'm not too good at creating new spells, so can you add some for me? Thanks.

I second the creation of a quintessential "Blood Mage" kind of Class/PrC. In terms of power... tier 3 if a class and, well, wizards are wizards so there's not much you can do about that. I'd much rather see a class myself.

As for inspiration, I tried my hand at making a Blood Mage... found here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223378) It's not too good, I feel, namely because trying to balance a HP-restoring mechanic into it was a headache and a half, and I don't understand making a balanced class enough to try touching it again. However, there were a few things about this attempt of mine which I did enjoy (namely using hit points as power points for spells), but overall the class is too weak in the beginning and stupidly powerful in its lategame.

Anywho! I'd like to see what you do to make a Blood Mage, with life restorative mechanics and damaging mechanics & whatnot.

Scratch all that. I want what Network wants (the completion of the class he linked).

Network
2013-01-22, 07:17 PM
TechnOkami> I'm not sure you noticed, but I already got the class and gave a link to it. The only thing it needs is flavorful spells to complete the spell list.

If you noticed, then it's okay, but I prefer the Bloodcaster class. It still needs a spell list, though.

TechnOkami
2013-01-22, 09:17 PM
TechnOkami> I'm not sure you noticed, but I already got the class and gave a link to it. The only thing it needs is flavorful spells to complete the spell list.

If you noticed, then it's okay, but I prefer the Bloodcaster class. It still needs a spell list, though.

I did, though I admit, I didn't look close enough. (taking a peek now kkthx)

Huh... that's interesting. I honestly don't care for the Death Throes ability seeing as it can't work with the Blood Mage's lvl 20 ability, but I generally like how the class works. The exhaustion thing tacked onto the loss of life to cast spells really prevents someone from going overboard with spells. Very interesting. Save for the lvl 19 ability, I too am actually interested in seeing what a complete spell list for this class would look like.

Quiddle
2013-01-23, 12:37 AM
Hey could you finish the mask lifter (http://alt.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13713882) class you started, it looks cool.

Omnicrat
2013-01-23, 08:44 AM
1) An alchemetry prc that is not evil and lets you apply ALCH 286 to more materials. Crystal, wood, maybe adamantine...

2) My transformer ideas for replacing spellouts. You don't need to say what materials they use, that can be figured out later. (quoted post spoilered below)

If you're serious about removing the spells from silver transformers, we need more than just a new silver transformer, whatever that may be. As I see it, we need at least: positive energy, negative energy, nourishment, perception (sensory)... actually I think that's all that's specifically needed to replace spells.

Some nice stuff to also have would be information (which you said you had), matter (though that's probably a no), emotion (set specific emotions into ins and outs [probably always outs] if you want [faithin powering joyout anyone?:smallbiggrin:]), influence (like diplomacy or bluff, put enough ebbs in and you have a dominate effect [maybe thats what you're really using the faithin for...:smallamused:]), memory, destiny (not sure how it would work, and it would probably be too setting specific... which gives me an idea), fealty (again, not sure how it would work [and fealtyins would probably foment rebellion base on how soundins and lightins work]), or alignment (once more, not sure how it would work, maybe a mix of ebbs, people in the field, and level determine if your alignment gets alterd or absorbed depending on if its an out or in).

In this model, I think woodins should be retooled to to absorb spells and psionics as silverins, but not produce spells or powers in woodouts. In this model, you can even have higher level spells produce ebbs at the old (new) rate of spellins.

A problem is that I feel those first 4 should be basic and easily accessed, but that would require them to be planetary metals, which are in short supply. We could use silver and iron, and maybe ascended metals, but that puts them in at doctorate level.

Now, that idea I mentioned earlier, why not create some setting specific transformers that use the same material. That way we can have a bunch of interesting options, that would be too niche to be part of the main body. Faith should actually probably be one of these.

3) A scholar base class that is more knowledge focused than magic focused. I'm not saying it needs no spellcasting, just that the spellcasting should be secondary to information-based class abilities.

4) Magical plants and animals that produce special effects when eaten. No specific ideas, but stuff more creative than hero's feast in a pear.

5) The Oghma Infinium somehow...

6) Ebberon Dragon marks as major bloodlines. I actually did this myself once, but the file is in my currently defunct laptop.

7) A spell that produces good mundane food and drink at the lowest level possible.

And thats all I can think of right now. You probably would have done the second one even if I hadn't asked.

Dsurion
2013-01-23, 09:07 AM
5) The Oghma Infinium somehow...Relevant to your interests (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229947)...

Omnicrat
2013-01-23, 02:46 PM
Why did that person stop updateing?

Amechra
2013-01-23, 03:34 PM
Have you looked at the Omnomnomicon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165297) for #4?

As for everyone else; I'm working on stuff; I'll probably be posting something later today.

NosferatuZodd
2013-01-23, 04:13 PM
I've been trying to figure out how to do this myself, but i've hit a mental brick-wall way too many times.

Balance isn't too important, but me and my DM have been trying to figure out how we could include some Pit Fiend-esq transformation as a warlock invocation.

Our initial idea was to have it be a gradual informational invocation, with the next step being in the next invocation grade.

We aren't too sure though, if anything, do you have any ideas?

Amechra
2013-01-23, 04:41 PM
As a full turn-into-a-Pit Fiend?

Alternatively, there's this:

Investiture of the Pit Fiend
Dark 9th
Duration: 24 Hours

As the Investiture of the Pit Fiend spell, except the duration is as specified.

Investiture of the Pit Fiend is from the Fiendish Codex II, and, among other things, can give you a 60' fly speed, immunity to Poison, Fire Resistance 20, and one of three options (the better one gives you 4 natural attacks that deal 2d6 damage each and treat your BAB as being equal to your level for their attacks only)

But, actually... what do you two want out of the transformation?

NosferatuZodd
2013-01-23, 04:44 PM
That gives me some more ideas about how i'll probably have to go for balance, but me and my DM were trying to gauge how we could do a more complete transformation so by the time you got the Dark Grade step for the invocation, you were more or less a Pit fiend.

Amechra
2013-01-23, 05:52 PM
... I'm not sure I'd feel good about making anything that would give you +16 to all ability scores except for Strength, which gets a +26...

Actually, that gives me an idea; first invocation gives you a +2 Enhancement bonus to ability scores, the next one gives a +2 Profane bonus, the next gives you a +2 size bonus to all ability scores (and increases your size to large), while the final doubles all of the above bonuses. However, the drawback is that anything that replaces that particular bonus to ability scores also dispels the invocation, which mitigates ability score spamming.

Sure, it's just a +12 to all ability scores, but that would put you in the same park as a Pit Fiend (assuming a Warlock with the Elite Array and no racial modifiers, you'd have at least one ability score at 31 by the time this is done; if you started with a 20 in any ability score, it's now a 32).

And, here's the "brilliant" bit; I'll have each invocation modify other invocations, besides giving a minor benefit.

Least: +2 to all ability scores, Infernal as a bonus language; if you have Devil's Sight Invocation, the radius out to which you can see through darkness increases to 60'. If you have the Serpent's Tongue invocation, your bonus to saves against Poison is instead Immunity.

Lesser: +2 to all ability scores, you get a fear aura (as an actual Pit-Fiend, though it only makes a creature Frightened); if you have the Fell Flight invocation, the flight changes to be due to a pair of wings; you gain a pair of wings, which can perform a wing-buffet natural attack.
If you have Ignore the Pyre as an Invocation, if you choose to gain Resistance to either Acid or Cold, you gain resistance to both; if you choose to gain Resistance to Fire, you instead are immune.

Greater: Your size increases by one category; instead of the normal bonuses and penalties to ability scores, you instead gain a +2 to all ability scores. In addition, you gain a tail, and a tail slap natural attack.
If you have the Chilling Tentacles invocation, you can activate it to gain the Improved Grab special ability and a constrict attack that deals 1d10+1-1/2 Str mod.

Dark: Your type changes to Outsider with the [Evil] and [Law] subtypes, and you gain a Bite attack and a pair of claws; all of your natural weapons deal damage as if they were one size larger than normal, and bypass DR as if they were both Lawfully and Evilly aligned. Any DR/Cold Iron that you have may only be bypassed by a Silver and Good-Aligned weapon, and is tripled. If you activate Fiendish Resilience, you gain Regeneration 5/Good instead of Fast Healing.

If you have Least activated, double the ability score bonus from that invocation.

If you have Lesser activated, double the ability score bonus from that invocation, and the fear aura upgrades to cause the Panicked condition.

If you have Greater activated, double the ability score bonus from that invocation.

If you have the Fell Flight invocation active, double the fly speed granted by it.

If you have the Chilling Tentacles invocation active, increase the Cold damage to 2d8; if you also have Greater active, the Constrict damage increases to 2d8+1-1/2 Str.

If you have the Ignore the Pyre invocation activated, if you choose to gain resistance to Cold, Acid, or Fire, you gain resistance to all three of them.
------

Basically, with all 9 invocations, and an added clause preventing ability score stacking, a Warlock 20 is pretty much a Pit Fiend, except that they need to somehow get the disease, poison, SR, and Telepathy.

If that's what you're looking for, feel free to flesh them out; I'd probably have a clause somewhere in there that would allow a Warlock to spend some experience to gain any of the 4 invocations as permanent Su abilities.

I'd suggest the following names:

Starting on the Path
Accepting the Hellish Gift
Strength of the Damned
Compleation

NosferatuZodd
2013-01-23, 06:43 PM
That is perfect, thank you so much Amechra.

You're one of the better homebrewers here, I swear i'm not trying to be a kiss-ass :smallbiggrin:

Amechra
2013-01-23, 09:27 PM
Now, those 4 Invocations in proper written-out form (because I feel like it, damn it!)

Starting on the Path
Least 2nd
Duration: 24 hours.
You have started on a dark, blood-slicked path. You have something decidedly devilish in your nature, now.

Upon activating this invocation, you gain a +2 Enhancement bonus to all ability scores, and you gain Infernal as a bonus language. If you also have the Devil's Sight invocation active, you are able to see through both darkness and magical darkness. If you also have the Serpent's Tongue invocation active, you gain immunity to Poison. Finally, if you have the Compleation invocation active, your bonuses to ability scores from this invocation are increased to +4.

Accepting the Hellish Gift
Lesser 4th
Duration: 24 hours
You have drunk deep from a well of infernal power, and have gained a potent strength from this fact.

Upon activating this invocation, you gain a +2 Profane bonus to all ability scores; in addition, you gain the Frightful Presence (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#frightfulPresence) ability out to a radius of 20', with your caster level used to calculate the DC instead of your racial HD, which causes a creature to become Frightened on a failed save. The effects of this frightful presence last a number of rounds equal to your caster level.

If you have the Fell Flight invocation active, your flight stems from a pair of bat-like wings, which grant you a pair of wing-buffet natural attacks, each dealing 1d6 Bludgeoning damage as Secondary natural weapons.

If you activate the Ignore the Pyre invocation while this invocation is active, you gain two additional options for that invocation; you may choose to become immune to Fire damage, or you may choose to gain the normal amount of energy resistance against Acid and Cold damage.

Finally, if you have the Compleation invocation active, the bonuses to ability scores from this invocation increase to +4, and your frightful presence improves, causing the Panicked condition on a failed save, and inflicting the Shaken condition for 1 round even on a successful save.

Strength of the Damned
Greater 6th
Duration: 24 hours
You have become swollen and strong, gorging on devilish powers, until you have grown into quite a monster.

Upon activating this invocation, you grow a size category; however, instead of gaining the normal bonuses and negatives to ability scores, you instead gain a +2 bonus to all of your ability scores. In addition, you grow a long fiendish tail, which is strong enough to be used as a bludgeoning weapon; you gain a tail slap that deals 1d10 bludgeoning damage as a secondary natural weapon. If you know the Chilling Tentacles invocation, you gain the Improved Grab (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#improvedGrab) special ability, requiring that you make a successful attack with your tail slap to function; you additionally gain the Constrict special ability, dealing damage equal to the base damage of your tail slap plus your Strength modifier on making a successful grapple check. If you have the Compleation invocation active, the bonus to ability scores from this invocation increase to +4.

Compleation
Dark 8th
Duration: 24 hours.
You have reached the end; this is the ultimate, final culmination of your deal with dark forces. There really isn't a way to go back, now.

Upon activating this Invocation, your type changes to Outsider, with the [Evil] and [Lawful] subtypes. In addition, you grow pair of vicious claws, as well as a fang-filled maw; you gain a pair of claw attacks that deal 1d10 slashing damage as Primary natural weapons, and a bite attack that deals 3d6 damage as a Secondary natural weapon. Additionally, you gain DR 15/Silver and Good, and if you activate your Fiendish Resilience class feature, you gain Regeneration bypassed by Good-aligned attacks and Good-aligned spells and effects equal to and instead of the Fast Healing granted by that class feature.

If you have activate the Ignore the Pyre invocation while this invocation is active, you may select two options from the ones given by that invocation. If you have the Fell Flight invocation active, your Fly speed from that invocation is increased to 60'.

In addition, if you have Starting on the Path, Accepting the Hellish Gift, Strength of the Damned and this invocation active at once, any natural weapons you have from sources other than this invocation are treated as if they were one size category larger.

Finally, you gain a single, irreversible option; as a full-round action, you may activate all four of these invocations simultaneously, each giving its benefits as if you were already under the effects of the other three invocations. If you do this, the durations of each of the invocations becomes Instantaneous, making their effects a permanent and "natural" part of the Warlock's body. If you do this, your native plane changes to the Nine Hells.
-----------

Also, for funsies:

Perfection of the Most Vile [General]
You are the most potent when you can feel the power of the fiends flowing through you.
Prerequisites: Must be able to use Lesser invocations.
Benefit: Any invocation that you know of Least or Lesser grade that grants you a bonus to an ability score increases that bonus by 2.

Awaken Fiendish Resistance [General]
Most fiends are resistant to spellcasting; with your access to their power, why aren't you? Or weren't you, to be more precise.
Prerequisites: Deceive Item, Spellcraft 9 ranks
Benefits: You gain Spell Resistance equal to 10+your Caster Level. If you ever become an Outsider, or are an outsider, this spell resistance is increased by 2 for every alignment subtype you have that is not the [Good] subtype.

Potent Fiend's Taint [General]
You are healing almost constantly, thanks to the fact that you may or may not have the blood of some fiend or other in your family tree.
Prerequisites: Fiendish Resilience 1
Benefit: Your Fiendish Resilience class feature improves by 1 for each level of invocations that you are able to use (by 1 if you can only use Least invocations, by 2 if you have access to both Least and Lesser invocations, and so on), up to a maximum of Fast Healing 5. In addition, if you ever gain the [Evil] subtype and at least one of the [Lawful] or [Chaotic] subtypes, the duration of your Fiendish Resilience class feature changes to 24 hours.

Pit-Fiend Assumption [General]
You have quite nearly become a pit-fiend; really, there is not much farther that you have to reach to meet that goal...
Prerequisites: Perfection of the Most Vile, Awaken Fiendish Resistance, Potent Fiend's Taint, must know the Starting on the Path, Devil's Sight, Serpent's Tongue, Accepting the Hellish Gift, Fell Flight, Ignore the Pyre, Strength of the Damned, Chilling Tentacles, and Compleation invocations.
Benefit: You gain the [Devil] subtype when your Compleation invocation is active; in addition, the bite attack granted by Compleation is absolutely lethal.

Whenever you make a successful bite attack, the creature bitten must make a Fortitude save against a DC of 10+1/2 your CL+your Constitution modifier or contract the Devil Chills supernatural disease (incubation period 1d4 days, damage 1d4 Str).

In addition, they must also make a save against the same DC against a poison, which deals 1d6 Constitution damage as initial damage, and kills the poisoned creature if they fail their second save 10 rounds later.

BladeTempest
2013-01-23, 10:33 PM
not exactly a request into a full homebrew write up but maybe some ideas to help me finish out the abilities of my base class here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266876)? I have hit a stump and quite frankly i need some help. even if it is just something to make the brain juices to flow again. But that dead 10th level is really annoying. also no actual spell casting :P

Omnicrat
2013-01-24, 07:54 AM
Have you looked at the Omnomnomicon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165297) for #4?

As for everyone else; I'm working on stuff; I'll probably be posting something later today.

I have not. I wish it were finished, it seems interesting.

TheWombatOfDoom
2013-01-24, 10:12 AM
Are you still bored? :smallbiggrin: I wouldn't mind a little help in thinking up some ideas for two additional parts in a bigh setting/mechanic/homebrew I'm working on.

Amechra
2013-01-24, 10:53 AM
I am ETERNALLY IMBUED WITH ENNUI!

So drop me a link, please.

TheWombatOfDoom
2013-01-24, 12:19 PM
Bear with me, it's quite a substantial amount of things written, but since your bored it may prove interesting...

A basic synopsis is that magic and other extraordinary powers derive from forces that exist. These forces are luck, fate, and magic. Each force has a race that is like an arbiter of the force, one that can influence them. Luck (Dragons) is based on the undetermined, fate (Elves) on the destined, and magic (Ancients) is sort of a biproduct of luck and fate's interaction; the balance between the two; perception.

I have worked out the mechanics of magic pretty thouroghly, though I'd like the other two forces to resemble the magic system in some way, but go off on their own way as well. The way the world works, only one of these forces can be in hieghtened power at a time, while the other two become weakened in power. Each change in power represents an age, though the cause of such fluxuations can be much of anything, not always determined. So the way I've described magic is how the mechanics are when it is not in power, as there are less limitations when it is in power.

The other two are what I'm directing my attentions to now, and I've seem to come across a blank as to how I want the other two powers to work, and where I need help with brainstorming. Since magic is the protuct of the other two, I figured it could be a good model, but I've gotten two focused on magic and need a fresh pair of eyes.

Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263481

Dsurion
2013-01-24, 12:26 PM
Why did that person stop updateing?Good question. I was following the thread very closely myself. You could always PM the user.

sengmeng
2013-01-24, 01:20 PM
I'd still like an epic level berzerker-type prestige class. Ideally, it would require levels in barbarian, frenzied berzerker, and bear warrior to enter, but whatevs.

Ravian
2013-01-24, 02:55 PM
This is a fairly big one but I figured it wouldn't hurt to at least ask.

I'm looking for a system for alchemy like in the Fullmetal Alchemist manga and anime for a D20 point buy system (similar to mutants and masterminds)

For those unfamiliar Alchemy allows matter to be reshaped through special transmutation circles, normally its for making various things but most characters have tricks (like predrawn circles and tattoos) to use it in combat.

Look it up and watch a few episodes of the anime (either one since the basics are the same in both) if you need more information

I've been making some of the basics for the setting and system but the alchemy itself is stumping me on how to give it the right degree of flexibility while still adhering to basic laws and principles.

wardonis
2013-01-24, 03:08 PM
This may be relevant to your interests: http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Swordmage

You can do a re-skin here, a re-flavor there, and POOF you're done! :smallbiggrin:

TY but after looking if over, it's just not close enough to what I'm after. I don't like the invocations but the creation of a weapon for a single attack action I do like.

Barmoz
2013-01-24, 05:51 PM
I have a weird request for some homebrew if you're familiar with the True Sorcery magic system from Green Ronin.

Amechra
2013-01-24, 08:13 PM
I can get my hands on a copy, yes...

What's the request?

Amechra
2013-01-24, 08:38 PM
Just so I feel like I'm getting somewhere with the requests, here's a bone tossed to Eldan:

First of, how wizards psyche themselves up to do stuff; come on, you know they have to have some way to enhance their self-control!
Utter Self Control
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Asn 3, Brd 3, Sor/Wiz 4
Componants: V, S
Casting Time: Standard Action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: One Day/Level
Save: Will Negates (Harmless)

Upon casting this spell, you take a deep breath, and give yourself a command, which can range from something as simple as "Guard this person to the extent of my abilities" to being as exact as "Do not open the third drawer from the top in my master's dresser."

Once you have given yourself a command, you will carry it out in one of two ways; if you gave yourself a command to do something, you will perform that action to the exclusion of activities necessary to day-to-day survival (eating, drinking, sleeping, and so on and so forth). If you instead gave yourself a command to not do something, you are rendered incapable of performing that action by your own volition; your hand will balk, your sword will cease to swing, and the words of your spells dying before they leave your lips.

Creatures only have to make a DC 15 Sense Motive check to discern the fact that you are under this spell, as your obsession echoes in your eyes and in your words.

In any case, one unique feature of this spell, in stark opposition to other spells that compel you to a certain course of action, is that you can give yourself commands that are obviously self-destructive; however, for the purpose of effects that have a clause that prevents you from performing an action that would be either suicidal or utterly against your own nature, you treat any order that would oppose the order you gave yourself as if it were obviously self-destructive.

If a given order is no longer applicable (such as if you ordered yourself to slay a particular dragon, and you have that dragon's corpse at your feet), that order ceases to apply to you; you may give yourself additional orders at any time as a move action, but they must not interfere in any way with any applicable orders you are already following (you could not, for example, order yourself to kill the royal family that you had earlier ordered yourself to protect.)

This spell cannot be cast under magical coercion; if you would be commanded to give yourself a given order, you treat any such command as if it were obviously self-destructive.

Material Componant: A list with 100 items on it, written in a mixture of wine and iron filing costing 10gp.

Barmoz
2013-01-25, 10:44 AM
Okay, this may be a stupid idea, I love that magic system, but it gets a little dull just taking spellcaster levels. I was trying to think of a way to modify some prestige classes like incantatrix or arch mage in ways that fit the system. Like innate reductions in dc or special effects, but I confuse myself everytime I try to come up of a balanced way to do it.

Wild Zubat
2013-01-25, 11:07 PM
Wait... how silly are you willing to go?

Because I, for one, would like to play something based on the Bladers of Metal Fight Beyblade.

A base class, to be precise, centered around the Bit Beast and the Beyblade, meant to act as a Striker.

Yes, that's right: by Epic levels? You'll be killing dragons with A SPINNING TOP.

That is, if you're willing. You really don't have to...

That reminds me... I now have a slightly-less vague idea of what I want to do with this would-be-be-psionic class.

There'd be mechanics for building your Bey and everything!

Henlein_Kosh
2013-01-27, 07:18 PM
If you are still bored I may have something for you, that I can't seem to get right myself.

I'm currently planning a 3.5 game, where magic has almost gone extinct, but where the technology has advanced a bit more than usually seen i 3.5: gunpowder weapons, basic steam engines, clockwork mechanisms and very basic flight (hot air balloons and gliders, nothing powered).

For this setting I would like to have an Inventor base class, that dapples in several of the technologies.

I have found plenty of classes that at first glance seems to fit the description, but most of them only emulate magic spells, instead of giving me something new, and I want it to be as far from the magic system as possible.

The only idea that I have had, that I feel are worth exploring are a system that gives abilities based on craft skills.

Can you help me out?

bobthe6th
2013-01-27, 07:49 PM
If you are still bored I may have something for you, that I can't seem to get right myself.

I'm currently planning a 3.5 game, where magic has almost gone extinct, but where the technology has advanced a bit more than usually seen i 3.5: gunpowder weapons, basic steam engines, clockwork mechanisms and very basic flight (hot air balloons and gliders, nothing powered).

For this setting I would like to have an Inventor base class, that dapples in several of the technologies.

I have found plenty of classes that at first glance seems to fit the description, but most of them only emulate magic spells, instead of giving me something new, and I want it to be as far from the magic system as possible.

The only idea that I have had, that I feel are worth exploring are a system that gives abilities based on craft skills.

Can you help me out?

Besides a better artificer? You could refluff a lot of the effects as technological.

Their was also a class that made incarnum into technology... Or you could modify Gramarie to be nonmagical...

The problem if you make something that makes things is just outfitting another party member with the equipment is sort of a better option.

Though you could give them a pp like system that they could invest in things...

Will the creatures in the setting be magicless? Because a lot of enemies make powered flight a necessity.

Xaotiq1
2013-01-28, 09:48 AM
This is a fairly big one but I figured it wouldn't hurt to at least ask.

I'm looking for a system for alchemy like in the Fullmetal Alchemist manga and anime for a D20 point buy system (similar to mutants and masterminds)

For those unfamiliar Alchemy allows matter to be reshaped through special transmutation circles, normally its for making various things but most characters have tricks (like predrawn circles and tattoos) to use it in combat.

Look it up and watch a few episodes of the anime (either one since the basics are the same in both) if you need more information

I've been making some of the basics for the setting and system but the alchemy itself is stumping me on how to give it the right degree of flexibility while still adhering to basic laws and principles.

Might this help you?? http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19528038/The_ALCHEMIST_Core_Class_V2_Eat_Your_Fullmetal_Hea rt_out..._Again!

dspeyer
2013-01-30, 01:57 AM
I would like an exalted base class built around Archons. Something like an Archonshape Paladin or an Angel Summoner would be cool, but whatever it is it has to be Archon!

D&D 3.5 bitte.

I hope it's been long enough that other people can join in. If not, don't click the spoiler button and the request is still live :-)

The Archon Disciple

{table=head]BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|{colsp=8}spells/day
|||||0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7
1|2|2|2|Detect Evil||||||||
2|3|3|3|Light Ray 1d6||||||||
3|3|3|3|Aura of Menace, Aura of Courage||||||||
4|4|4|4|Lay on Hands|1|||||||
5|4|4|4|Light Ray 2d6|1|||||||
6|5|5|5|Glowing Melee|2|||||||
7|5|5|5|Summon Lantern Archon|2|||||||
8|6|6|6|Light Ray 3d6|2|1||||||
9|6|6|6|Tongues|3|1||||||
10|7|7|7|Magic Circle against Evil|3|2||||||
11|7|7|7|Light Ray 4d6|4|3||||||
12|8|8|8|Ki Weaponry|5|4||||||
13|8|8|8|+4 bonus on saves against poison|5|4|1|||||
14|9|9|9|Light Ray 5d6|6|4|1|1||||
15|9|9|9|Immunity to Petrification and Electricity|6|5|1|1|1|||
16|10|10|10|Summon Hound Archon|6|5|2|1|1|1||
17|10|10|10|Light Ray 6d6|6|5|2|2|1|1|1|
18|11|11|11|Teleport|6|6|2|2|2|1|2|
19|11|11|11|Heal|6|6|3|3|3|2|2|1
20|12|12|12|Light Ray 7d6, Trumpet Blast|6|6|4|3|3|3|2|2[/table]
Hit die: d8
Skills: 6+int
Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Concentration, Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (any), Listen, Perform (any), Ride, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Tumble

Detect Evil(sla): at will

Light Ray(su): Ranged touch attack (within 30 ft) bypasses all DR.

Aura of Menace(su): All enemies within 20' must make a will save (dc 12 + 1/2 level + cha mod) or be frightened. Once an enemy makes the save, he is safe for the next 24 hours.

Aura of Courage(su): As paladin

Lay on Hands(su): As paladin

Glowing Melee(su): You may add your light ray damage to one melee attack per round, but with 1 fewer d6 of damage than when used as a ray.

Summon Lantern Archon(sla): 3/day

Tongues(sla): continous

Magic Circle against Evil(sla): continous

Ki Weaponry(su): All attacks are magic, good and lawful for purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

Summon Hound Archon(sla): 3/day

Teleport(sla): at will

Heal(sla): at will

Trumpet Blast(su): All nongood creatures within 100' must make a dc 20+cha mod fort save or be paralyzed for 1d4 rounds.

Spellcasting: Prepared, divine, cha-based from the cleric, paladin, good and law lists.

SLAs: All SLAs use class level as caster level and charisma for saves if relevant.

Alignment: Lawful good only. Lapses lose all class features until Atonement.

[i]A note about the spellcasting progression[i]
Yes, it's really weird. But it's what makes the balance work. At the early levels, adding spellcasting worth speaking of would be excessive. But around level 13 the archon-related class features get pretty thin, and the chassis isn't impressive anymore, and you pretty much need spells to keep up, so it gets accelerated spellcasting. Which then slows down again when the really good SLAs show up. It ends up close to what a trumpet archon has. And the table kind of looks like a trumpet. Yay that.

Garryl
2013-01-30, 11:08 AM
That class needs some serious reworking, dspeyer. Other than Aura of Menace (at will fear with a DC 2 higher than normal, although poorly written and having no duration), you have no abilities worth mentioning until level 15 or so.

At first level, you have a cantrip for your class features. Color me unimpressed.

Light Ray is like a Warlock's Eldritch Blast, but with 2/3 the damage (and Eldritch Blast is a low damage ability in the first place) and no invocation support.

Tongues is very situational, and while Magic Circle Against Evil is a good spell, it's also available at half your class level by any full caster, or individually targeted since level 1 with the original Protection From Evil.

Summon Lantern Archon is, hypothetically, the only level-appropriate ability gained by this class, except that it's an utterly crippled version of said level-appropriateness (Lantern Archons are on the Summon Monster 4 list, true, but the spell summons far more creatures and Lantern Archons are one of the weaker choices most of the time).

Amechra
2013-01-30, 11:32 AM
I'll work on some more stuff tonight; I've been kinda busy with classes, but I have no classes tomorrow, so...

Omnicrat
2013-01-30, 05:16 PM
Are you going to let people know if you are not going to do their requests?

Amechra
2013-01-30, 05:22 PM
Yes, I will; I'm getting around to most of them.

To business; I'm not going to do the Bloodcaster; I took a look at it, and I'm not a fan of the numbers in that case. If you want me to... poke... Eiji-kun, I'll do it.

thethird
2013-01-30, 05:25 PM
To business; I'm not going to do the Bloodcaster

:smallfrown:

Wait... to which bloodcaster where you referring there were two blood casting classes "requested".

Amechra
2013-01-30, 07:07 PM
The one Eiji-Kun started (the point-based one.) Quite frankly, I'm not quite interested in bloodcasting thematically, so it is harder for me to come up with neat abilities for them to use.

Assassins, on the other hand...

Assassin

"I'm not nice people. My job is to take nice people, and... inhume them.

Be a dear and get out of my way; my client kind of wants that sad sack of a person you're protecting to cease moving. I don't want collateral damage, alright?"

Hit Die: d6
Skill Points: 4+int
Skill Points at 1st Level: 4*(4+int)

{table=head]{colsp=6}Table 1: Assassin|{colsp=4}Spells Per Day
Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|1st|2nd|3rd|4th
1|+0|+0|+2|+0|Sneak Attack +1d6, Poison Use|-|-|-|-
2|+1|+0|+3|+0|Evasion, Virulence (+1)|-|-|-|-
3|+2|+1|+3|+1|Sneak Attack +2d6, Bonus Feat|-|-|-|-
4|+3|+1|+4|+1|Uncanny Dodge, Virulence (+1, -1)|0|-|-|-
5|+3|+1|+4|+1|Sneak Attack +3d6, Hidden Knife (Hidden)|0|-|-|-
6|+4|+2|+5|+2|Virulence (+2, -1), Terror in the Night, Bonus Feat|1|-|-|-
7|+5|+2|+5|+2|Sneak Attack +4d6, Nowhere Step (10')|1|-|-|-
8|+6/+1|+2|+6|+2|Improved Uncanny Dodge, Virulence (+2, -2)|1|0|-|-
9|+6/+1|+3|+6|+3|Sneak Attack +5d6, Hidden Knife (Shifting), Bonus Feat|1|0|-|-
10|+7/+2|+3|+7|+3|Virulence (+3, -2), Silent Knife|1|1|-|-
11|+8/+3|+3|+7|+3|Sneak Attack +6d6, Nowhere Step (20')|1|1|0|-
12|+9/+4|+4|+8|+4|Improved Evasion, Virulence (+3, -3), Bonus Feat|1|1|1|-
13|+9/+4|+4|+8|+4|Sneak Attack +7d6, Hidden Knife (Befuddling)|1|1|1|-
14|+10/+5|+4|+9|+4|Virulence (+4, -3), Hide in Plain Sight|2|1|1|0
15|+11/+6/+1|+5|+9|+5|Sneak Attack +8d6, Bonus Feat, Nowhere Step (30')|2|1|1|1
16|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+5|Virulence (+4, -4), Unassailable Pockets|2|2|1|1
17|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+5|Sneak Attack +9d6, Hidden Knife (Invisible)|2|2|2|1
18|+13/+8/+3|+6|+11|+6|Virulence (+5, -4), Bonus Feat|3|2|2|1
19|+14/+9/+4|+6|+11|+6|Sneak Attack +10d6, Nowhere Step (40')|3|3|3|2
20|+15/+10/+5|+6|+12|+6|Virulence (+5, -5), Never to Wake Again|3|3|3|3[/table]

The assassin’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Rope (Dex).

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: An Assassin is proficient in all simple and martial weapons, as well as all Light armors. An Assassin may cast Assassin spells while wearing light armor without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance; however, like any other arcane spellcaster, an Assassin wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield incurs a chance of arcane spell failure if the spell in question has a somatic component.

Sneak Attack (Ex): You are a dirty fighter; you strike people hard, without warning, from the shadows.

An Assassin’s attack deals extra damage any time their target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the Assassin flanks their target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and it increases by 1d6 every two Assassin levels thereafter. Should the Assassin score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied.

Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet.

With a sap (blackjack) or an unarmed strike, an Assassin can make a sneak attack that deals nonlethal damage instead of lethal damage. They cannot use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage in a sneak attack, not even with the usual -4 penalty.

An Assassin can sneak attack only living creatures with discernible anatomies—undead, constructs, oozes, plants, and incorporeal creatures lack vital areas to attack. Any creature that is immune to critical hits is not vulnerable to sneak attacks. An Assassin must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. An Assassin cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with concealment or striking the limbs of a creature whose vitals are beyond reach.

Poison Use (Ex): You are especially good at spreading disgusting and dangerous substances all over your weapons.

An Assassin never risks poisoning themselves when they apply poisons to their weapon.

Evasion (Ex): You have to be able to dodge quite a few things in your line of work. Like explosions.

Whenever an Assassin of at least 2nd level succeeds on a Reflex save against an effect that deals half damage on a successful save, they instead take no damage. Evasion can be used only if the Assassin is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless Assassin does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Virulence (Su): You know a few charms and whispered incantations that make the poisons that you use a fair bit more dangerous.

At 2nd level, an Assassin adds +1 to the save DC for any poison that they personally apply and use; for example, an Assassin that slipped some poison into a person's drink would gain this benefit, as would one that made an attack with a poisoned weapon. At 6th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, the bonus they gain on their save DC is increased by +1.

At 4th level, an Assassin reduces the number of rounds that they have to wait before their target makes their save against the secondary effect of the poison by 1 round. At 8th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, the number of rounds before the Secondary effect of the poison occurs is further reduced by 1 round.

Bonus Feat (Ex): An Assassin knows all sorts of tricks that let them be better at, well, assassinating people. It's quite simple, people.

At 3rd level, and every 3 levels thereafter, an Assassin gains a single Ambush or Metamagic feat that they qualify for as a bonus feat.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): You have undergone a massive amount of training to protect your vitals from assault; this is a good thing, since you rather like your kidneys, and would prefer that they weren't stabbed.

An Assassin of at least 4th level retains their Dexterity bonus to AC (if any), even if they are caught flat-footed or attacked by an invisible creature. However, they still lose their Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.

If an Assassin already has uncanny dodge from a different class, they automatically gain Improved Uncanny Dodge instead.

Spellcasting: Spellcasting is just another trick of the trade that you... pick up along the way. Isn't it?

Beginning at 4th level, an Assassin gains the ability to cast a small number of arcane spells, which are drawn from the Assassin spell list. An Assassin must choose and prepare her spells in advance.

To prepare or cast a spell, an Assassin must have an Intelligence score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The DC for a saving throw against an Assassin’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the Assassin’s Intelligence modifier.

Like other spellcasters, an Assassin can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day; their base allotment is shown in Table 1: Assassin. In addition, they receive bonus spells per day if they have a high Intelligence score. When the above table specifies that an Assassin has 0 spells per day of a given level, they gain only the bonus spells they would be entitled to based on their Intelligence score for that spell level.

An Assassin may prepare and cast any spell on the Assassin spell list, provided that they can cast spells of that level, but they must choose which spells to prepare during their daily meditation.

Through 3rd level, an Assassin has no caster level. At 4th level and higher, their caster level is equal to one-half their Assassin level.

Hidden Knife (Ex): What was that? Did you hear something? The guards thought they did. Then you melted out of the shadows, and made sure they wouldn't make a sound.

An Assassin of at least 5th level may, at the end of any action in which they made any number of attacks and have either cover or concealment, may make a Hide check as a free action at a -10 penalty.

Once they've reached 9th level, they may move up to 5ft as a free round before making their Hide check, as long as their movement ends in a place where they would have either cover or concealment. The penalty to hide checks that they suffer is reduced to -5.

Once they've reached 13th level, if they succeed on a hide check against a creature that they had damaged in the preceding action, that creature is treated as flat-footed against all attackers other than you for 1 round, and suffers a -5 penalty to all Spot checks against creatures other than you for the same duration.

Once they've reached 17th level, they may move up to 10ft before making their Hide check, with the same restrictions as the 9th level version, and take no penalty to their Hide check when using this class feature.

Terror in the Night (Su): Guards are superstitious; they think the bogeyman is out in the night-time. They're wrong; that is, unless you ARE the bogeyman...

An Assassin of at least 6th level ignores any poison immunity that is not derived from a creature's type. In addition, if they poison a creature while attacking from hiding, that creature is Shaken for 1 minute if they fail their save against the poison.

Finally, they add the bonus to save DCs from Virulence to the ability damage dealt by poisons that they use.

Nowhere Step (Ex): An Assassin that can't move with utter stealth is quite useless at his or her job, wouldn't you think?

An Assassin of at least 7th level may take a move action to move 10' while hidden; if they do so, they do not have to make new Hide or Move Silently checks for their movement, and their movement doesn't trigger traps.

At 11th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, the distance they move as a move action while using this class feature increases by 10'.

Improved Uncanny Dodge: You know what this does; I'll edit it in later.

Silent Knife (Su): You know how to make an entirely silent kill. Entirely.

Whenever an Assassin of at least 10th level successfully makes a sneak attack against a creature, that attack, and its consequences, make no sound. In addition, the creature that they struck is treated as if they were within the area of a Silence spell for 1 minute after they are struck; subsequent attacks extend the duration by another minute.

Improved Evasion: You know what this does; I'll edit it in later.

Hide in Plain Sight: You know what this does; I'll edit it in later. Yes, this does allow you to use Hidden Knife even when you are too far away from shadows and such.

Unassailable Pockets (Su): It has always been troublesome being stopped at blockades and being forced to empty your pockets. Luckily, this isn't a problem anymore.

An Assassin of at least 16th level effectively has an infinite bonus on all Sleight of Hand checks to hide an object on their person; in addition, any object that is hidden on their person is immune to Divination effects.

Never to Wake Again (Su): When you kill someone, they tend to not get back up. Ever again.

Whenever an assassin of at least 20th level reduces a creature to 0 or less hit points, that creature dies and cannot be resurrected by any force barring artifacts or deific interference. This is not a death effect.

Pyromancer999
2013-01-30, 10:23 PM
Not bad. Although I'd personally call the capstone Eternal Slumber or something shorter. Otherwise seems pretty good.

bobthe6th
2013-01-30, 10:28 PM
So... the BFC/Minion master base class thing?

Amechra
2013-01-30, 10:35 PM

Working on it...

EDIT: Dang it; that didn't work.

I basically can't figure out a way to balance it out without one of two outcomes:

1. You have a ton of "summons" that go down in one shot, but which you probably are going to be losing track of, and which would be a bitch to balance out action-wise. As in, there isn't a way that you could give them effective attacks and such without breaking the game in half.

2. You're left with a few simple "summons" which, by the dint of needing them to be simple, are rather boring in how you play them, and which have a knife's-edge wide margin between "not worth the actions to summon them" and "you can kill everything."

(An explanation for the end of the second one; the way to balance out a bunch of simple summons is having them take a certain number of hits to kill, rather than having HP. They would have to lack ability scores, or at least share them.)

I wash my hands of it, and I wish anyone else who tries luck.

Omnicrat
2013-02-01, 01:54 AM
Update on my request: Influence and emotion should be necessary if spellsouts go away. I edited my post in the main gramarie thread to reflect this. I understand they are both a bit more complex than the other four, and emotion will be a female dog to balance right, but too many spells involve emotion or influence effects for them to be removed from gramarie all together.

togapika
2013-02-01, 04:12 AM
How about yon ring using prestige class?

Network
2013-02-01, 05:01 PM
To business; I'm not going to do the Bloodcaster; I took a look at it, and I'm not a fan of the numbers in that case. If you want me to... poke... Eiji-kun, I'll do it.

Well, if you don't mind to poke Eiji-kun, I suppose it's better than nobody, but I'd still prefer if it was you.

Whatever you do, thank you already.

killer_monk
2013-02-05, 12:08 PM
Hey AMechra, think you could throw your 2 cents in here:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269888

drack
2013-02-05, 01:40 PM

Working on it...

EDIT: Dang it; that didn't work.

I basically can't figure out a way to balance it out without one of two outcomes:

1. You have a ton of "summons" that go down in one shot, but which you probably are going to be losing track of, and which would be a bitch to balance out action-wise. As in, there isn't a way that you could give them effective attacks and such without breaking the game in half.

2. You're left with a few simple "summons" which, by the dint of needing them to be simple, are rather boring in how you play them, and which have a knife's-edge wide margin between "not worth the actions to summon them" and "you can kill everything."

(An explanation for the end of the second one; the way to balance out a bunch of simple summons is having them take a certain number of hits to kill, rather than having HP. They would have to lack ability scores, or at least share them.)

Hmm, interesting. Bob, what type of minion-master were we thinking? :smalltongue: (Yes I'm chilling here to wast time and procrastinate doing things that matter more, but I am rather intimately familiar with most all minion mechanics, so I mat be able to at least give a few tips...)

dspeyer
2013-02-05, 04:28 PM
That class [Archon Disciple] needs some serious reworking

Looking back at it, you're right. I wasn't thinking clearly when I wrote that and it wound up not actually being good at anything. Let's try again.

The Archon Disciple v2

BABFortRefWillSpecialInvocations known
GeneralOffensiveBenevolent
0222Light Ray 1d3, Least Invocations200
1333Light Ray 1d6210
3444Light Ray 2d6222
3444Lantern Invocations322
4555Light Ray 3d6332
6666Light Ray 4d6434
7777Light Ray 5d6555
8777Hound Invocations556
9888Light Ray 6d6566
10999Light Ray 7d6677
12101010Light Ray 8d6888
12101010Trumpet Invocations889
13111111Light Ray 9d6899
14111111Light Ray 10d6999
15121212Light Ray 11d6101010

Hit Die: d8
Class Skills: Balance, Concentration, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (any), Listen, Perform (any), Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, Tumble

Proficiencies: Archon disciples are proficient with all simple weapons and light and medium armor.

Alignment: Must be lawful good or neutral good.

Light Ray(su): Ranged touch attack within 30 ft that overcomes all damage reduction.

Invocations(sla): Like a warlock, an archon disciple knows a fixed number of invocations and can use them as often as she likes. Invocations which require a standard action provoke attacks of opportunity. Unlike a warlock, an archon disciple's invocations are divided into three categories and learned seperately. Also unlike a warlock, the save dc for an archon disciple invocation is 10 + 1/2 class level + cha mod. Caster level is class level if relevant. Any invocation which states "any creature hit by the archon disciples light" can be suppressed at the disciple's option.

Summary of invocations:

LevelGeneralOffensiveBenevolent
Leastminor archon traitsevil focuscure light wounds
detect alignmentlight weaponremove fear
orisonsaura of menaceaid

Lanternflightlight conemagic circle against evil
lantern formlight spearhealing light
tonguesspare the innocentcure serious wounds
illuminatefrightening lightremove curse/deafness/blindness/poison/disease

Houndteleport and plane shiftlight ballpanacea
hound formlight volleyrestoration
hound's sensesgreater light weaponhealing aura
archon defensesuniversal tripaura of faithfulness

Trumpetpraytrumpetheal
musician's cunningparalyzing lightsupreme heroism
devotionsprismatic lightregenerate

Combination rules:
Only one of light weapon, greater light weapon, light cone, light ball and light volley can be used at any one time.
Light spear cannot be combined with light weapon or greater light weapon.
Evil focus and spare the innocent cannot be combined with healing light.

Invocation details:

Least General Invocations

Minor Archon Traits: Immunity to electricity and petrification, +4 on saves against poison, darkvision to 60 ft

Detect Alignment: An archon disciple with the invocation always perceives alignment auras as if in the third round of detect evil, good, law and chaos -- except that she is never stunned by overwhelming auras.

Orisons: All 0th level cleric spells

Least Offensive Invocations

Evil Focus: When striking an evil being with light, roll d10s.

Light Weapon: As a swift action, an archon disciple with this invocation can mold her light ray into a melee weapon she is proficient with. The weapon is typical for its kind except that instead of base damage, it deals light ray damage (and other effects, if she has those invocations). The weapon does not make touch attacks, but it does overcome all damage reduction.

Aura Of Menace: Any enemy within 20 feet of an archon disciple with this invocation must make a dc 12 + 1/2 class level + cha mod will save or be shaken for 24 hours. An enemy who makes this save once need not do so again against the same archon disciple for another 24 hours.

Least Benevolent Invocations

Cure Light Wounds: As spell, at will, standard action

Remove Fear: As spell, at will, standard action

Aid: As spell, at will, standard action

Lantern General Invocations

Flight: Same speed as base, perfect maneuverability, continuous

Lantern Form: An archon disciple with this invocation can take on the form of a tiny glowing orb. Changing in and out of this form is a standard action

Tongues: As the spell, continuous

Illuminate: An archon disciple with this invocation can use the spells light, dancing lights, daylight, and continual flame at will as standard actions.

Lantern Offensive Invocations

Light Cone: Light ray takes the shape of a cone, range is halved.

Light Spear: Light ray range is quadrupled

Spare The Innocent: An archon disciple with this invocation may choose when using light ray to have it not effect either good or nonevil creatures.

Frightening Light: Any creature hit by a light ray from an archon disciple with this invocation must make a will save or become frightened for 1d4 rounds.

Lantern Benevolent Invocations

Magic Circle Against Evil: as spell, continuous

Healing Light: An archon disciple with this invocation can turn the energy in her light rays into positive energy, which heals the living, damages undead and has no effect on objects or constructs.

Cure Serious Wounds: As spell, at will, standard action

Remove Curse/Deafness/Blindness/Poison/Disease: Remove all these conditions with a single touch and standard action.

Hound General Invocations

Teleport And Plane Shift: As spells, at will, standard action

Hound Form: Take the form of any dog or wolf as if by a polymorph spell. Shifting in or out is a standard action.

Hound's Senses: Gain a +8 sacred bonus on listen and survival checks, plus the track feat and the scent ability.

Archon Defenses: DR 10/evil and SR class level+10.

Hound Offensive Invocations

Light Ball: An archon disciple with this invocation can throw a seed of light up to 400 ft and then have it burst in ball of light 20ft radius that does her light ray damage. See the fireball spell for detailed mechanics.

Light Volley: An archon disciple with this invocation may make a full ranged attack with light rays as with a ranged weapon.

Greater Light Weapon: As light weapon, but the weapon has magic properties. The total enhancement bonus of the weapon may not exceed (class level - 10) / 2. Changing the enhancements is a swift action.

Universal Trip: When an archon disciple with this invocation deals damage with her light, she may make an opposed check of her charisma vs. the targets dexterity. If hers is higher, the target falls prone as if tripped.

Hound Benevolent Invocations

Panacea: As the spell, at will, standard action

Restoration: As the spell, at will, standard action, ignore material component

Healing Aura: An archon disciple with this invocation always radiates positive energy, healing all leaving beings and damaging all undead within 40' by 2hp/round. This can be suppressed as a standard action, and resumed as a swift one.

Aura Of Faithfulness: All allies within 40' of an archon disciple with this invocation gain a +4 sacred bonus on will saves.

Trumpet General Invocations

Pray: An archon disciple with this invocation can request a spell from the assembled host of trumpet archons. She may select any spell from the cleric list or air, destruction, good, law, or war domains of up to 7th level that does not have a material or xp component. She performs a 5-minute ritual to bring the spell into her. At the end of the ritual, she casts the spell.

Musician's Cunning: An archon disciple with this invocation receives a +8 sacred bonus on all diplomacy, gather information, intimidate, knowledge, perform and sense motive checks.

Devotions: An archon disciple with this invocation gains the air, destruction, good, law, and war devotion feats.

Trumpet Offensive Invocations

Trumpet: Standard action. All enemies within 100' must make a fort save or be paralized for 1d4 rounds.

Paralyzing Light: Any creature hit by the light of an archon disciple with this invocation must make a fort save or be paralized for 1d4 rounds.

Prismatic Light: An archon disciple with this invocation fills her light with ever-shifting colors. Any creature hit by the light is effected as if by Prismatic Spray.

Trumpet Benevolent Invocations

Heal: As the spell, at will, standard action

Supreme Heroism: As Greater Heroism, but the morale bonus is +6

Regenerate: As the spell, at will, standard action

Omnicrat
2013-02-11, 12:16 AM
Assuming this is also still active, based on your other post, I just thought of something I've wanted done for a long time but never got around to.

Replace evil and good with selfish and altruist. Sounds easy at first, but lots of spell descriptors need to be altered. Negative energy isn't selfish, after all.

Tvtyrant
2013-02-11, 03:56 PM
Looking back at it, you're right. I wasn't thinking clearly when I wrote that and it wound up not actually being good at anything. Let's try again.

The Archon Disciple v2

{table=head]BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|{colsp=3}Invocations known
|||||General|Offensive|Benevolent
0|2|2|2|Light Ray 1d3, Least Invocations|2|0|0
1|3|3|3|Light Ray 1d6|2|1|0
2|3|3|3||2|1|1
3|4|4|4|Light Ray 2d6|2|2|2
3|4|4|4|Lantern Invocations|3|2|2
4|5|5|5|Light Ray 3d6|3|3|2
5|5|5|5||3|3|3
6|6|6|6|Light Ray 4d6|4|3|4
6|6|6|6||4|4|5
7|7|7|7|Light Ray 5d6|5|5|5
8|7|7|7|Hound Invocations|5|5|6
9|8|8|8|Light Ray 6d6|5|6|6
9|8|8|8||6|6|6
10|9|9|9|Light Ray 7d6|6|7|7
11|9|9|9||7|7|8
12|10|10|10|Light Ray 8d6|8|8|8
12|10|10|10|Trumpet Invocations|8|8|9
13|11|11|11|Light Ray 9d6|8|9|9
14|11|11|11|Light Ray 10d6|9|9|9
15|12|12|12|Light Ray 11d6|10|10|10[/table]
Hit Die: d8
Class Skills: Balance, Concentration, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (any), Listen, Perform (any), Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, Tumble

Proficiencies: Archon disciples are proficient with all simple weapons and light and medium armor.

Alignment: Must be lawful good or neutral good.

Light Ray(su): Ranged touch attack within 30 ft that overcomes all damage reduction.

Invocations(sla): Like a warlock, an archon disciple knows a fixed number of invocations and can use them as often as she likes. Invocations which require a standard action provoke attacks of opportunity. Unlike a warlock, an archon disciple's invocations are divided into three categories and learned seperately. Also unlike a warlock, the save dc for an archon disciple invocation is 10 + 1/2 class level + cha mod. Caster level is class level if relevant. Any invocation which states "any creature hit by the archon disciples light" can be suppressed at the disciple's option.

Summary of invocations:
{table=head]Level|General|Offensive|Benevolent
Least|minor archon traits|evil focus|cure light wounds
|detect alignment|light weapon|remove fear
|orisons|aura of menace|aid
|||
Lantern|flight|light cone|magic circle against evil
|lantern form|light spear|healing light
|tongues|spare the innocent|cure serious wounds
|illuminate|frightening light|remove curse/deafness/blindness/poison/disease
|||
Hound|teleport and plane shift|light ball|panacea
|hound form|light volley|restoration
|hound's senses|greater light weapon|healing aura
|archon defenses|universal trip|aura of faithfulness
|||
Trumpet|pray|trumpet|heal
|musician's cunning|paralyzing light|supreme heroism
|devotions|prismatic light|regenerate[/table]

Combination rules:
Only one of light weapon, greater light weapon, light cone, light ball and light volley can be used at any one time.
Light spear cannot be combined with light weapon or greater light weapon.
Evil focus and spare the innocent cannot be combined with healing light.

Invocation details:

Least General Invocations

Minor Archon Traits: Immunity to electricity and petrification, +4 on saves against poison, darkvision to 60 ft

Detect Alignment: An archon disciple with the invocation always perceives alignment auras as if in the third round of detect evil, good, law and chaos -- except that she is never stunned by overwhelming auras.

Orisons: All 0th level cleric spells

Least Offensive Invocations

Evil Focus: When striking an evil being with light, roll d10s.

Light Weapon: As a swift action, an archon disciple with this invocation can mold her light ray into a melee weapon she is proficient with. The weapon is typical for its kind except that instead of base damage, it deals light ray damage (and other effects, if she has those invocations). The weapon does not make touch attacks, but it does overcome all damage reduction.

Aura Of Menace: Any enemy within 20 feet of an archon disciple with this invocation must make a dc 12 + 1/2 class level + cha mod will save or be shaken for 24 hours. An enemy who makes this save once need not do so again against the same archon disciple for another 24 hours.

Least Benevolent Invocations

Cure Light Wounds: As spell, at will, standard action

Remove Fear: As spell, at will, standard action

Aid: As spell, at will, standard action

Lantern General Invocations

Flight: Same speed as base, perfect maneuverability, continuous

Lantern Form: An archon disciple with this invocation can take on the form of a tiny glowing orb. Changing in and out of this form is a standard action

Tongues: As the spell, continuous

Illuminate: An archon disciple with this invocation can use the spells light, dancing lights, daylight, and continual flame at will as standard actions.

Lantern Offensive Invocations

Light Cone: Light ray takes the shape of a cone, range is halved.

Light Spear: Light ray range is quadrupled

Spare The Innocent: An archon disciple with this invocation may choose when using light ray to have it not effect either good or nonevil creatures.

Frightening Light: Any creature hit by a light ray from an archon disciple with this invocation must make a will save or become frightened for 1d4 rounds.

Lantern Benevolent Invocations

Magic Circle Against Evil: as spell, continuous

Healing Light: An archon disciple with this invocation can turn the energy in her light rays into positive energy, which heals the living, damages undead and has no effect on objects or constructs.

Cure Serious Wounds: As spell, at will, standard action

Remove Curse/Deafness/Blindness/Poison/Disease: Remove all these conditions with a single touch and standard action.

Hound General Invocations

Teleport And Plane Shift: As spells, at will, standard action

Hound Form: Take the form of any dog or wolf as if by a polymorph spell. Shifting in or out is a standard action.

Hound's Senses: Gain a +8 sacred bonus on listen and survival checks, plus the track feat and the scent ability.

Archon Defenses: DR 10/evil and SR class level+10.

Hound Offensive Invocations

Light Ball: An archon disciple with this invocation can throw a seed of light up to 400 ft and then have it burst in ball of light 20ft radius that does her light ray damage. See the fireball spell for detailed mechanics.

Light Volley: An archon disciple with this invocation may make a full ranged attack with light rays as with a ranged weapon.

Greater Light Weapon: As light weapon, but the weapon has magic properties. The total enhancement bonus of the weapon may not exceed (class level - 10) / 2. Changing the enhancements is a swift action.

Universal Trip: When an archon disciple with this invocation deals damage with her light, she may make an opposed check of her charisma vs. the targets dexterity. If hers is higher, the target falls prone as if tripped.

Hound Benevolent Invocations

Panacea: As the spell, at will, standard action

Restoration: As the spell, at will, standard action, ignore material component

Healing Aura: An archon disciple with this invocation always radiates positive energy, healing all leaving beings and damaging all undead within 40' by 2hp/round. This can be suppressed as a standard action, and resumed as a swift one.

Aura Of Faithfulness: All allies within 40' of an archon disciple with this invocation gain a +4 sacred bonus on will saves.

Trumpet General Invocations

Pray: An archon disciple with this invocation can request a spell from the assembled host of trumpet archons. She may select any spell from the cleric list or air, destruction, good, law, or war domains of up to 7th level that does not have a material or xp component. She performs a 5-minute ritual to bring the spell into her. At the end of the ritual, she casts the spell.

Musician's Cunning: An archon disciple with this invocation receives a +8 sacred bonus on all diplomacy, gather information, intimidate, knowledge, perform and sense motive checks.

Devotions: An archon disciple with this invocation gains the air, destruction, good, law, and war devotion feats.

Trumpet Offensive Invocations

Trumpet: Standard action. All enemies within 100' must make a fort save or be paralized for 1d4 rounds.

Paralyzing Light: Any creature hit by the light of an archon disciple with this invocation must make a fort save or be paralized for 1d4 rounds.

Prismatic Light: An archon disciple with this invocation fills her light with ever-shifting colors. Any creature hit by the light is effected as if by Prismatic Spray.

Trumpet Benevolent Invocations

Heal: As the spell, at will, standard action

Supreme Heroism: As Greater Heroism, but the morale bonus is +6

Regenerate: As the spell, at will, standard action

:smallredface: I just now noticed that this got posted. It looks great!

dspeyer
2013-02-11, 04:44 PM
If you're still taking requests, I'd like a base class that's like the Apostle of Peace from Book of Exalted Deeds: non-combatant that's peaceful, but is still able to make a sizable impact on gameplay.

Once again, hoping this has sat long enough.

Champion of Peace

LvlBABFortRefWillSpecialSpells per Day
10002Code of Conduct, Turn Undead32
21113Pacifying Touch, Domains43
52224Turn Fiends5322
84336Find the Cause643222
115447Hold Attention65433222
147559Dispel Violence6644433222
157559Improved Metamagic6654433332
1685510Domain Lists6654443343
1786610Bind Promise6655544443
1896611Improved Metamagic6666555444
1996611Beguiler List6666665554
20107712Mass Ressurection6666666665

Hit Die: d6
Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Knowledge(any), Perform(any), Sense Motive, Spellcraft

Proficiencies
A champion of peace is not proficient with any weapons or armor.

Code of Conduct:
A champion of peace must never harm another living being, except for outsiders with the evil subtype. Harm includes hit point damage, ability score damage, causing massive pain, lasting psychological damage, or restricting in such a way that the champion's allies can harm the creature. It does not include nonlethal damage. Free-willed constructs count as living beings for these purposes.
A champion of peace who breaks this code immediately loses all class abilities, including spellcasting. Immediately includes if the champion tried to use a spell to violate the code, that spell would fail. A fallen champion of peace can regain her abilities from an atonement spell.

Spellcasting:
A champion of peace prepares and casts spells from the cleric list using wisdom. She can lose a prepared spell to cast an equal or lesser level cure spell, just as a cleric can.

Turn Undead(su):
A champion of peace turns undead as a cleric of the same level.

Pacifying Touch(su):
A champion of peace gains the ability to pacify hostile or angry creatures by touch. The effect is similar to the calm emotions spell. The champion can affect only a single target with each use of the ability, and must touch the target. A touched creature receives no saving throw and spell resistance does not apply. The pacifying touch does not suppress positive emotions, just anger, rage, and hostility. The champion of peace can make a caster level check as if casting dispel magic, to dispel certain mind-affecting spells affecting the target. The pacifying touch can only dispel spells that incite violent emotions in the target, such as fear or rage.

Domains:
A champion of peace chooses two domains. These may be anything except for evil or war (and to select chaos or law, she must have that alignment). She gains the special abilities of the domains and may prepare spells from them. Unlike a cleric, a champion of peace has no seperate domain slot, but may use any or none of her daily spells for domain spells.

Turn Fiends(su):
A champion of peace can turn and destroy outsiders with the evil subtype as if they were undead.

Find the Cause(su):
Often the key to untangling a conflict is to understand it. Therefore, the upper planes provide a champion of peace with knowledge. Once per week, the champion may enter a deep meditative trance while pondering a conflict. An hour later, she emerges with a full understanding of its roots. She does not learn any information held secret by magics a solar cannot penetrate.

Hold Attention(su):
A peaceful solution is of little use if no one knows about it. Therefore the upper planes enhance a champion of peace's ability to be heard. Once per day, she may speak with the voice of the upper planes. Anyone within earshot must make a will save (dc 12 + 1/2 class level + cha mod) or stop what they were doing and listen. People do not need to stop doing things which are necessary for survival, including defending themselves against anything that is still attacking. For every 5 ranks the champion has in perform(oratory), the save dc is increased another 2.

Dispel Violence(su):
Three times a day, a champion of peace can dispel all magics within 400 ft that induce or facilitate violence as if by greater dispel magic except that the champion gains a +30 sacred bonus to the caster level check.

Improved Metamagic(su):
The costs of all metamagic feats are decreased by one, to a minimum of zero.

Domain Lists(su):
A champion of peace can prepare spells from any domain list except evil or war. She does not gain the associated special powers.

Bind Promise(su):
Sometimes the key to ending a conflict is to build trust. With the full willing concent of the parties involved, a champion of peace can place a geas to maintain a promise. Once the geas is in place, the recipient will fullfill it to the best of his ability. Even if it becomes impossible, he will still try. If it becomes logically incoherent (for example, if he promises to protect something which no longer exists in any form) it will disperse. The geas can be removed by disjunction, miracle or similar effects (not wish or greater dispel magic), but the one seeking to remove it must make a dc 50 caster level check to do so.

Beguiler List(su):
A champion of peace can prepare and cast spells from the beguiler list.

Mass Ressurection(su):
Even in failure, a champion of peace can succeed. Once per year, she may perform a mass ressurection. Every dead person within her range of vision is effected as if by a ressurection spell. Those who died of old age or whose souls are unwilling to return are unaffected. No material components are required.

drack
2013-02-12, 07:08 AM
Is it just me, or did that cleric casting get boosted above cleric casting, and those abilities get boosted above what a cleric has essentially making it a cleric fix? :smalltongue: (always odd when you notice you're looking at another cleric fix. :smallbiggrin:)

sengmeng
2013-02-12, 10:51 AM
Never to Wake Again (Su): When you kill someone, they tend to not get back up. Ever again.

Whenever an assassin of at least 20th level reduces a creature to 0 or less hit points, that creature dies and cannot be resurrected by any force barring artifacts or deific interference. This is not a death effect.

Aren't divine spells deific interference? Maybe you should change it to "epic divine magic."

super dark33
2013-02-12, 11:29 AM
Are you familiar with Problem sleuth? If yes, then make the Arbitor class with Sepulchritude as capstone ability and the Tectrix of the Arbitor/Tectrixcalibur.
If you are not familiar then I highly reccomand reading it.

dspeyer
2013-02-12, 01:18 PM
Is it just me, or did that cleric casting get boosted above cleric casting, and those abilities get boosted above what a cleric has essentially making it a cleric fix? :smalltongue: (always odd when you notice you're looking at another cleric fix. :smallbiggrin:)

Generally, cleric fixes *nerf* clerics rather than empower them.

But Champion of Peace is based on Apostle of peace, which is a double-speed caster. The idea is that being obligatorily peaceful in such a violence-filled world as D&D *requires* an overpowered class to function. I can't speak to this from experience -- I don't actually know anyone who's played a peaceful character.

drack
2013-02-12, 03:08 PM
Ah... but people call monk empowering "fixing", so I can't see why it wouldn't be used the same way. :smalltongue: Oh well, that clarifies it a bit.

Vauron
2013-02-12, 04:05 PM
Making the monk more powerful is usually called a fix because the monk is weak and impotent. Making the cleric weaker is called a fix because clerics are titans, capable of forcing the world to bend to their whims.

drack
2013-02-12, 04:14 PM
Then hat would you suggest as the word for making a cleric stronger? :smalltongue:

Omnicrat
2013-02-13, 01:53 AM
Buffing. Or cheating.

Force2Reckon
2013-02-13, 07:54 PM
Holy cow just saw this thread and I have to say some of the idea's are awesome can't wait to see how they turn out.

Force2Reckon
2013-02-13, 08:10 PM
Alright, first request I felt like doing... THE LIGHTNING WARRIOR!!!1!! (the name is intentional.)

More seriously, the entire idea behind the class goes from "you are fast" at first level to "you fling lightning bolts around? Oh, those are your melee attacks" at high levels.

Enjoy, LrdoftheRngs.

Image! (http://www.oneinchpunch.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/china-electric-man1.jpg)

Lightning Warrior

I flicker back and forth between being a man and a bolt of lighting. Technically. It's rather a bit much, sometimes...

HD: d10
Skill Points per Level: 4+int
Skill Points at First Level: (4+int)*4

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
1|+0|+0|+2|+2|Nervous Energy, Lightning Touch (+1d6), Lightning Speed
2|+1|+0|+3|+3|Bonus Feat, Lightning Step
3|+2|+1|+3|+3|Lightning Touch (+1d6/+1), Evasion
4|+3|+1|+4|+4|Arcing Defense
5|+3|+1|+4|+4|Lightning Touch (+2d6/+1), Bonus Feat
6|+4|+2|+5|+5|Energized Muscles, Gather Charge (Move)
7|+5|+2|+5|+5|Lightning Touch (+2d6/+2)
8|+6/+1|+2|+6|+6|Bonus Feat, Spark
9|+6/+1|+3|+6|+6|Lightning Touch (+3d6/+2), Improved Evasion
10|+7/+2|+3|+7|+7|Charge Differential
11|+8/+3|+3|+7|+7|Lightning Touch (+3d6/+3), Bonus Feat, Quick Reactions
12|+9/+4|+4|+8|+8|Shock Shield, Gather Charge (Swift)
13|+9/+4|+4|+8|+8|Lightning Touch (+4d6/+3), Quicker than Lightning
14|+10/+5|+4|+9|+9|Bonus Feat, Leaping Sparks
15|+11/+6/+1|+5|+9|+9|Lightning Touch (+4d6/+4)
16|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+10|Gather Charge (Immediate), Arc Generator
17|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+10|Lightning Touch (+5d6/+4), Bonus Feat
18|+13/+8/+3|+6|+11|+11|Shock Absorber
19|+14/+9/+4|+6|+11|+11|Lightning Touch (+5d6/+5)
20|+15/+10/+5|+6|+12|+12|Bonus Feat, Living Storm[/table]'

Class Skills for a Lightning Warrior are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (geography) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Use Rope (Dex).

Weapons and Armor Proficiency: A Lightning Warrior is proficient in all simple and martial weapons, as well as any weapon that could be affected by Weapon Finesse. In addition, they are proficient in all light armor.

Nervous Energy (Ex): The humanoid body isn't really designed for holding egregious amounts of energy; however, there is a workaround, in the form of nerves... And, well, once you're supercharging your brain with electricity, you get some effects that look a lot like psionics.

A Lighting Warrior may take [Psionic] feats even if they do not have a pool of power points, and may acquire Psionic Focus as if they had a single power point.

A Lightning Warrior may expend their Psionic Focus to "take 15" on Initiative checks.

Lightning Touch (Su): A Lightning Warrior is holding a primal force all bundled up in their nerves, and they need an outlet for it somehow. And so it beads in any metal they wear like some kind of... lightning. The hard part is getting it into a usable state.

A Lightning Warrior may, as part of a ritual that takes a minute, fill up any weapon that could be affected by the Weapon Finesse feat or light armor with electricity. If they do so, they may deal an additional 1d6 Electricity damage whenever they make an attack with that weapon. At 5th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, the bonus damage from this ability increases by 1d6, and their reach while wielding a weapon enhanced by this class feature increases by 5'.

In addition, once the Lightning Warrior has reached 3rd level, they gain a +1 dodge bonus to their armor class and a +1 bonus to their reflex saves whenever they wear armor that was enhanced by this class feature. At 7th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, these bonuses increases by 1.

Finally, a Lightning Warrior may expend their Psionic Focus as part of either a Standard action or Full-Round action spent attacking to gain a +3 bonus to attack rolls against creatures wearing metal armor for the duration of that action.

Lightning Speed (Ex): When you hold lightning in your brain and blood, you are bound to react more quickly.

A Lightning Warrior gains Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat. In addition, once per round as a Swift action, they may expend their Psionic Focus to make a single attack at their highest base attack bonus.

Bonus Feat (Ex): Lightning brings flashes of light in the dark, that illuminate your flaws so you can better... fix them.

At 2nd level, and every 3 levels thereafter, a Lightning Warrior gains a bonus feat; these bonus feats must be [Fighter] or [Psionic] feats.

They must qualify for any bonus feats they take.

Lightning Step (Su): When you have lightning singing in you, it's very easy to move like lightning.

A Lightning Warrior of at least 2nd level may expend their Psionic Focus as part of a Move Action; if they do so, they increase their speed by 10ft for every die of bonus damage they gain from their Lightning Touch ability, and add half their class level to Tumble checks to avoid attacks of opportunity.

In addition, once per round as a Swift action, they may expend their Psionic Focus to move up to 10ft for every die of bonus damage from Lighting Touch. If they would only move 10ft as part of that Swift action, they do not provoke attacks of opportunities from their movement.

Evasion (Ex): Only fools believe that they can hit lightning; it works the other way around, fools!

Whenever a Lightning Warrior of at least 3rd level successfully makes a Reflex save against an effect that would deal half damage on a successful saving throw, they instead take no damage. They lose the benefits of this ability if they are wearing armor heavier than Light, or if they are helpless.

Arcing Defense (Su): If you did manage to strike lightning, what would it do to you? Would it simply pass through you, burning your organs to a crisp?

As long as a Lighting Warrior of at least 4th level is benefiting from a dodge bonus to armor class from their Lighting Touch class feature, they gain the ability to rebuke attempts to harm them.

Whenever they would be hit by a melee or ranged attack, they may expend their Psionic Focus and an attack of opportunity; if they do so, the effects vary based on whether the attack was a melee attack or a ranged attack.

If it was a melee attack, their attacker takes damage equal to the Lightning Warrior's bonus damage from Lighting Touch.

If it was a ranged attack, the attack automatically misses, as the projectile is struck by a furious veil of sparks.

This class feature may not be used on ranged touch attacks.

Finally, whenever the Lightning Warrior would take electricity damage, they may expend their Psionic Focus as an Immediate action to take minimum damage from the electricity, their own charge countering that of the offending shock.

Energized Muscles (Ex): The truth is, lightning holds a lot of energy; enough to make up for pathetic weaknesses of the flesh. The shear quickness of the jolt shores up any weaknesses that they might have.

A Lightning Warrior of at least 6th level may add their Dexterity modifier as a bonus to all Strength checks, and may expend their Psionic Focus as a free action whenever they are using a Combat Maneuver to halve the bonus that their opponent would gain from size.

In addition, they add their Dexterity modifier to damage instead of their their Strength modifier whenever they wield a weapon that uses their Dexterity modifier as a bonus to attack rolls.

Gather Charge (Ex): It takes a lot of energy to build up a full charge; fortunately, over time, it becomes easier and easier to do this kind of thing more quickly.

A Lightning Warrior of at least 6th level may make a Concentration check to regain their Psionic Focus as a move action.

At 12th level, they may make that Concentration check as a Swift action.

At 16th level, they may make that Concentration check as an Immediate action.

Regardless of how many actions they gain, they may not make a check to regain their Psionic Focus more than once per round.

Spark (Su): It's strange what kind of things percolate in the head of a man filled with sparks and shocks. Sometimes, ideas just start firing off...

A Lightning Warrior of at least 8th level may craft Alchemical Items, even though they aren't a spellcaster; in addition, they may use a Concentration check in place of Craft (Alchemy) checks and any Craft checks intended to make objects out of metal.

Finally, if they expend their Psionic Focus as part of a Craft check (or replacement Concentration check), they may make that check to figure out how much work they've done that day, still using the price in Silver Pieces to determine their progress.

Improved Evasion (Ex): Flicker, flicker, and you are gone.

Whenever a Lightning Warrior of at least 9th level fails a Reflex save against an effect that deals half damage on a successful save, they instead take half damage.

Charge Differential (Su): Everything is charged; even the blood inside a perfectly mundane man is charged. It's just enough to pull a weapon towards a man.

Whenever a Lightning Warrior of at least 10th level expends their Psionic Focus to improve an attack made as a Standard action, or to make an attack as a Swift action, that attack is made as a Touch attack.

Quick Reactions (Su): It would not be befitting that someone who is a scion of lightning to be slow, would it?

A Lightning Warrior of at least 11th level may choose to "take 15" on their Initiative checks at will, without expending their Psionic Focus.

In addition, they gain a second Swift or Immediate action each round, which may only be used on class features from this class.

Finally, they may use the Swift action facets of the Lightning Speed and Lightning Step class features as Immediate actions.

Shock Shield (Su): The shear impertinence of others, using lightning against you, its rightful lord! They will take the brunt of your vengeance!

A Lightning Warrior of at least 12th level always takes minimum damage from any effect that would deal Electricity damage to them.

In addition, a Lightning Warrior can choose to treat any attack made against them as any combination of ranged or melee for the purpose of their Arcing Defense class feature, and may affect Ranged Touch Attacks with that class feature.

Quicker than Lightning (Ex): You simply flicker between wherever you are, and wherever you wish to go; it is a thing of beauty.

Whenever a Lightning Warrior of at least 13th level enhances a move action with their Lightning Step class feature, or moves as a Swift or Immediate action, they don't provoke attacks of opportunity for moving.

In addition, if they move through another creature's space as part of any movement that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, they may make an attack of opportunity against that creature.

Leaping Sparks (Su): Lightning does not fly; it simply moves where it needs to go, regardless of petty concerns like "gravity."

A Lighting Warrior of at least 14th level may enhance a Run action with the Lightning Step class feature as if it were a move action.

In addition, when they enhance their move actions (or Run actions) with their Lightning Step class feature, they gain a Fly speed with Perfect maneuverability equal to their land speed for the duration of that action.

Arc Generator (Su): It is shear folly to believe that you are safe from lightning if you can't see the sky; a similar principle applies in this situation.

A Lightning Warrior of at least 16th level automatically confirms any critical hits threatened by an attack enhanced by Lightning Touch, or which was gained from Lightning Speed.

In addition, in any round in which the Lightning Warrior expends their Psionic Focus to power a class feature, they may double their reach for the purpose of all of their attacks.

Shock Absorber (Su): You practically live as lightning, so it makes no sense that you would be harmed by electricity.

A Lightning Warrior of at least 18th level is immune to Electric damage; in addition, if they would be harmed by Electric damage, they instead regain their Psionic Focus.

Living Storm (Su): It has finally happened; you have shed your mortal "shell", and can now show the world what a true maestro of lightning can do.

Upon reaching 20th level, a Lightning Warrior's type changes to Elemental, though they may still be resurrected as if they were their original type.

In addition, they may hold two Psionic Focuses at once, and if they do not have a Psionic Focus held at the beginning of their initiative count, they may make a Concentration check to regain a Psionic Focus as a free action that round.

Finally, any move action or Run action that they make is automatically modified by Lightning Step, without the expenditure of a held Psionic Focus.

Talkin to my DM about letting me use this in his campaign xD

Sinpoder
2013-02-13, 08:19 PM
Can I get a redone of the PF class of a souleater one that is no longer a caster based class and allows just better abilities.

zabbarot
2013-02-13, 09:26 PM
Had a conversation today that basically went like this:

"I've been playing this Druid with an int of 6."

"That is the lowest int I've ever heard of on a druid."

"Eh, we take what the dice give us. I basically play her like a puppy"

"At least since you're a druid you can actually be a puppy half the time"

From there we got the idea that she should be a magical beast that is sometimes human.

So that's the request. Make a druid class for magical beasts where wild shape lets them take a humanoid form.

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-02-13, 09:50 PM
It may be too late to get requests in, but hopefully this is an easy one.

I'd like to see a Monk-ish class with some Artificer casting. Specifically, the infusions the artificer can use, to bestow weapon and armor enchantments - let the monk do the same, but only for his own fists and skin. This goes beyond just +1 bonuses - Artificers can give specific enchantments, so it'd give the monk a huge boost to versatility.

Beneath that, I'd just say a fixed version of a normal monk - full BAB, decent HP, and maybe something to let them add their wisdom bonus to HP when they level, instead of CON. Or maybe WIS to attack rolls and damage, instead of STR. Or maybe both, or let them choose. You know more about balance than I do.

Oh, and I almost forgot: Something that lets a Swarm be a PC. Not something that lets a PC sometimes use a spell or class feature to turn into a swarm, but have something that actually is a swarm, able to take class levels. Just to see the look on the DM's face.

Xaotiq1
2013-02-13, 10:39 PM
It may be too late to get requests in, but hopefully this is an easy one.

I'd like to see a Monk-ish class with some Artificer casting. Specifically, the infusions the artificer can use, to bestow weapon and armor enchantments - let the monk do the same, but only for his own fists and skin. This goes beyond just +1 bonuses - Artificers can give specific enchantments, so it'd give the monk a huge boost to versatility.

Beneath that, I'd just say a fixed version of a normal monk - full BAB, decent HP, and maybe something to let them add their wisdom bonus to HP when they level, instead of CON. Or maybe WIS to attack rolls and damage, instead of STR. Or maybe both, or let them choose. You know more about balance than I do.

Oh, and I almost forgot: Something that lets a Swarm be a PC. Not something that lets a PC sometimes use a spell or class feature to turn into a swarm, but have something that actually is a swarm, able to take class levels. Just to see the look on the DM's face.

I got your Monk right here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14625126#post14625126) Just make sure you can trade your "Smoke Parts for Iron". :smallamused:

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-02-13, 11:01 PM
I got your Monk right here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14625126#post14625126) Just make sure you can trade your "Smoke Parts for Iron". :smallamused:

Hm... very close, if they could just do the same for armor as well, it'd be exact.

But yeah, that looks good, and in keeping with monk flavor.

dspeyer
2013-02-14, 02:27 PM

A minionmancer class without a ton of paperwork. My previous minionmancer class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244504) probably requires a lot. So let's see...

Kaleidoscopic Soul

This should be pretty easy to refluff, but the way I'm thinking of it is that the character's soul is sufficiently fragmented that bits and pieces form their own bodies and stand around outside the character. They all work for the same end because they're still one person, but they may have very different personalities. Should be fun to play.

Paperwork should be reasonable because everything is either on the Astral Construct page or the player's character sheet -- no need to recalculate anything.

LvlBABFortRefWillSpecialGreater LevelLesser LevelGreater per DayLesser at once
10002Greater Summons120
21113Share Senses130
42114Lesser Summons2141
63225Share Skills3161
84336Share Power4271
105337Share Will5292
126448Swift Summoning63102
147559Distant Summoning73122

Hit die: d6
Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Craft (any), Disable Device, Disguise, Forgery, Knowledge (any), Open Lock, Profession (any)
Skills: 4+int

Greater Summons(su): A kaleidoscopic soul can create additional bodies to serve him as if by the Astral Construct power. The level of the construct and the number of times per day are given in the table.

Share Senses(su): A kaleidoscopic soul has a single mind which with full access to all the senses of its bodies, both native and summoned.

Lesser Summons(su): A kaleidoscopic soul is accompanied by small additional bodies. Like greater summoned, these resemble astral constructs (though of lower level). Unlike greater summoned, they are always present. If a lesser summoned's body is destroyed, it reforms on the beginning of the kaleidoscopic soul's next turn. They cannot be dismissed, but they can be instructed to hide. If the kaleidoscopic soul is killed or rendered unconscious, the lesser summoned vanish. The number and of lesser summoned is given on the table.

Share Skills(su): When a summoned uses a skill, it can use the kaleidoscopic soul's total modifier instead of its own.

Share Power(su): A summoned can use any spell, psionic power, or similar ability that the kaleidoscopic soul knows. This includes summoning more greater summoned. The use counts against the kaleidoscopic soul's daily limit, if any.

Share Will(su): A summoned uses its master's will save.

Swift Summoning(su): A kaleidoscopic soul can perform a greater summoning as a swift action. The created creature is two levels lower than normal.

Distant Summoning(su): A kaleidoscopic soul performing a greater summoning can cause the summoned to appear anywhere he can see, including through telescopes, scrying sensors, the eyes of existing summoned, and so on.