PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Help building a Head Exploding Gnome Sorcerer

S.K. Ren
2013-01-18, 03:07 AM
Here's the plan: Gnome Sorcerer (Maestro Bloodline), Fell Magic alternate trait. My capstone will be the use of Wail of the Banshee and a Greater Thanatopic Metamagic Rod. I have two options I'm considering.

1)The first is to go for the Crossblooded archetype and snag Stormborn for a +1 save DC on sonic spells (which is +2 for Wail when combined with Fell Magic. It also gives me access to a few more practical option for Class bonus feats (I'm not really enthusiastic about the spell focus (enchantment) line and as for Spellsong and Lingering Performance... well wait till option 2). Is the downside of being Crossblooded worth that extra DC boost?

Pros: +1 Save DC for Sonic Spells, expanded bonus feat selection
Cons: -1 Spells known per spell level, -2 Will Saves

2)The second is to take a single level of bard at CL13 and take Spellsong as my bonus feat on the following level. This allows me to hide my face melting songs within face melting songs(Yo dawg). Lingering Performance also adds a few tricks I can pull. The downside here is by shorting myself 1 level of Sorcerer I lose 2 casts of Wail. I can still get Grand Maestro with the Robe of Arcane Heritage.

Pros: Spellsong can hide my spells and makes for a good RP mechanic, Countersong, misc Bard splash bonuses.
Cons: -2 Casts of Level 9 Spells

So are either of these choices ok or should I forget them and stick pure Sorc?