PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Non-PHB skills?

Zombimode
2013-01-18, 10:54 AM
Are there any other skills outside the PHB besides Martial Lore and Autohypnosis, other then various knowledge, craft, perform or profession skills? (omitting Psicraft here for transparency reasons)

DonDuckie
2013-01-18, 10:56 AM
Use psionic device...:smallsmile:

Vaz
2013-01-18, 10:58 AM
Iaijustu Focus (IA)

Lord Il Palazzo
2013-01-18, 11:01 AM
Iajustsu Focus from Oriental Adventures lets you make a check to deal extra damage with a weapon you just drew against a flat-footed enemy. It's 1d6 for a result of 10-14 and anoter d6 for every 5 above that range.

The Wizards website had Handle Humanoid (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fools/20030401c), a skill cats can use to make humanoids do tricks like "feed me". (It was published on April Fool's Day, if memory serves.)

Edit: Oh, and who could forget Truespeak? (From Tome of Magic, it's the skill Truenamers are built around.)

Zombimode
2013-01-18, 11:08 AM
.... now I feel really stupid. I've just posted in another thread that I currently play a Truenamer.
Forgetting Iajutsu Focus is equally unforgivable since its a skill I use quite frequently.

Well, thanks for reminding me :smallsmile:

Use Psionic Device is subsumed under UMD at my table. I go for complete magic systems transparency, with one skill covering all.

Kaje
2013-01-18, 11:11 AM
Lucid dreaming. Control Form.

Hirax
2013-01-18, 11:12 AM
Control shape, in the Monster Manual, under lycanthropes. :smallbiggrin:

For what it's worth, psicraft and spellcraft appear to still be separate skills under the default transparency level, based on the fact that both appear on the cerebremancer's skill list.

Zombimode
2013-01-18, 11:40 AM
Lucid dreaming. Control Form.

Right, Control Shape. But its such a corner case that it could be added manually to the character sheet if it ever comes up. If I put "control shape" on the character sheet I'm currently designing it will just confuse the people.
A Factotum could theoretically skill it, but there seems to be no point if you're not an afflicted aware lycanthrope.

But whats Lucid Dreaming and where its from?

For what it's worth, psicraft and spellcraft appear to still be separate skills under the default transparency level, based on the fact that both appear on the cerebremancer's skill list.

I know. I just think its stupid. Also, all other magic systems are subsumed under the normal skills that govern PHB magic, there is no reason why psionics should be treated differently. You dont have "Bindcraft" "Shadowcraft" "Truenamecraft" "Incarnumcraft" etc.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-01-18, 12:04 PM
I know. I just think its stupid. Also, all other magic systems are subsumed under the normal skills that govern PHB magic, there is no reason why psionics should be treated differently. You dont have "Bindcraft" "Shadowcraft" "Truenamecraft" "Incarnumcraft" etc.

Although there is Swordcraft (Martial Lore). Just saying.

Zombimode
2013-01-18, 12:05 PM
Although there is Swordcraft (Martial Lore). Just saying.

True, but as far as I am concerned, thats not a magic subsystem, just a subsystem.

A_S
2013-01-18, 12:28 PM

Manual of the Planes. It's 3.0, but grandfathered in because neither the book nor the skill were ever updated. Lets you do a couple of cool things.

ericgrau
2013-01-18, 01:30 PM
In addition to the above I found these on what is supposedly a complete list:
knowledge(code of martial honor), from Sword and Fist 3.0 I think
knowledge(tactics) (3.0? 3.5? d20 modern only? Iron Kingdoms campaign setting?)

Unfortunately the list doesn't say which are 3.0 and which are 3.5. But either way if its claim of being complete is accurate, and it does have every skill mentioned so far, then you're probably done.

SowZ
2013-01-18, 01:53 PM
Right, Control Shape. But its such a corner case that it could be added manually to the character sheet if it ever comes up. If I put "control shape" on the character sheet I'm currently designing it will just confuse the people.
A Factotum could theoretically skill it, but there seems to be no point if you're not an afflicted aware lycanthrope.

Lucid dreaming lets you enter peoples dreams and screw with them, including possibly killing them. Why the assassin class exists, I don't know. Anyone who gets to sixth level can do so with levels in commoner, take skill focus, max out the skill, and do a better job of killing anyone. Basically, if lucid dreaming is a common thing in the setting you are playing, every high value target needs to max out this skill for defense. Regardless, he'll eventually fall to one of the dream assassins since they'll just keep coming.

Larkas
2013-01-18, 02:10 PM
In addition to the above I found these on what is supposedly a complete list:
knowledge(code of martial honor), from Sword and Fist 3.0 I think
knowledge(tactics) (3.0? 3.5? d20 modern only? Iron Kingdoms campaign setting?)

Unfortunately the list doesn't say which are 3.0 and which are 3.5. But either way if its claim of being complete is accurate, and it does have every skill mentioned so far, then you're probably done.

It's missing Perform (weapon drill).

Hirax
2013-01-18, 02:10 PM
It should also be noted that MotP also explicitly says that the plane of dreams does not exist in the Great Wheel (D&D's "default" cosmology), so it's worth pointing out that it needs to be specifically made to exist in most circumstances, the default is that it doesn't exist, and therefore neither does the lucid dreaming skill.

ericgrau
2013-01-18, 02:28 PM
It's missing Perform (weapon drill).
Interesting, it doesn't have any perform subskills listed. I guess they didn't care about that. I'm tempted to link to it in case I missed a skill. The list itself isn't copyrighted AFAIK, but the site has other copyrighted material elsewhere.

From what I remember about lucid dreaming I agree on its brokenness.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-01-18, 02:53 PM
It should also be noted that MotP also explicitly says that the plane of dreams does not exist in the Great Wheel (D&D's "default" cosmology), so it's worth pointing out that it needs to be specifically made to exist in most circumstances, the default is that it doesn't exist, and therefore neither does the lucid dreaming skill.

Default is the existence of the Plane of Dreams in Eberron (Dal Quor, home of the Inspired faction)