PDA

View Full Version : Help me make a Halfling Samurai please

Dalabrac_S
2013-01-18, 05:08 PM
I am new to pathfinder and I really want to make a halfling samurai....but don't know the first step

Twilightwyrm
2013-01-18, 06:25 PM
Do you have your ability scores yet? Do you have any idea of what type of character you want to make exactly? Do you want to be a damager, a tank, a support character? Some combination of these?

WhatBigTeeth
2013-01-18, 07:45 PM
Samurai is not an awesome class, but if you're using it, power attack + risky striker add up nicely with spirited charge, and a wolf pet skirts the usual space limitation on a cavalier's mount.

If you're sticking to the concept and have access to wizards of the coast materials, OA Samurai/Hin Disciple Monk/Warblade/Iajitsu Master with Confound the Bigfolk is a common spinoff of The Other Killer Gnome build that can pack a good punch for a halfling.

Dalabrac_S
2013-01-18, 09:14 PM
scores: 15,15,15,14,14,11

Whats a good order for a halfling....and should I use a mount....I was thinking order of the paw...I am still very much a noob.

avr
2013-01-18, 11:02 PM
Order of the Paw is fine if you like it. And yes, you should definitely use a mount, the class is built around it. Those stats are almost flat, so choose any one mental stat you don't like and drop the 11 there. Make sure strength gets one of the 15's.

Note that with the Boon Companion (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/boon-companion) feat you can get some multiclassing in, which is a good idea because cavalier/samurai doesn't get great class features past level 4.