Masterwork Mountain plate 3400
+1 minimum enhancement 1000
Continuous Animate Object 528000
Continuous Flight of the Dragon 90000x1.5
Scorching Ray at will 28000x1.5
Continuous Stoneskin 96500x1.5
Feather fall at will 2000x1.5

Living Suit Enhancement:
This enhancement provides a wearer with increased maneuverability and strength, removing all armor check penalties and arcane spell failure associated with the armor and giving the wearer a base speed of 40ft. The wearer is not considered to be wearing armor for the purpose of abilities such as fast movement or a Monk's AC bonus, however the wearer is still granted the armor's bonus to AC. The wearer also gains DR20/Adamantine, two 1d6 Slam attacks and a +2 bonus to Strength.
The wearer can also activate the armor's flight function to gain a 100ft fly speed with average maneuverability. For each hand the wearer uses to stabilise the armor's flight function, the armor's flight speed increases by 20 feet and increases it's maneuverability by 1 category. This must be declared at the start of the wearer's round, before any actions are taken and cannot be changed until the start of the wearer's next round. The wearer can still hover even with average maneuverability with this method of flight.
If the wearer does not use a hand to stabilise flight, he can instead fire a 4d6 damage beam of fire that is a touch attack with a range of 50ft. This is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. The wearer can fire two beams as a single standard action if neither hand is occupied, and can fire at two separate targets if the wearer wishes, but both targets must be within 30ft of eachother.
Should the user suffer a fall that would deal any falling damage the armor activates a feather fall function 5ft before hitting the ground, negating all falling damage. This requires no action from the wearer.

Strong Transmutation, Evocation, Abjuration; CL 20th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Animate Object or Craft Construct, Scorching Ray, Stoneskin, Flight of the Dragon or Overland Flight; Price +744500gp.

What do you think? What changes would you make if any? I made the DR from stoneskin 20 instead of 10 because in epic levels (which is the only time you'd be able to make something like this) DR10 is kinda meh.

Hirax
2013-01-18, 08:15 PM
Have you considered clockwork armor (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070212a) as a basis instead?

DEMON
2013-01-18, 08:27 PM
Have you considered clockwork armor (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070212a) as a basis instead?

+1 for Clockwork armor

Is the Living Suit enhancement from any book, or is that your homebrew?

Crake
2013-01-18, 08:28 PM

hmm, interesting, I didn't know about clockwork armor. I'm not entirely sure it fits in with how I wanted the armor to be though. Where clockwork armor is more like power armor, this armor is entirely self animated. The idea I have of it is you're essentially controlling the armor with your mind, which is why you gain the base movement speed of an animated suit of armor (40ft) and the +2 str bonus (animated suit's of armor have 12 str). Mountain plate also has a higher AC bonus, making it even more protective. The result was, in my mind, instead of a self assisted moving armor set, instead armor that acted almost like a second skin, which is how I rationalized the removal of the ACP, ASF and movement speed reduction.

+1 for Clockwork armor

Is the Living Suit enhancement from any book, or is that your homebrew?

Homebrew

Edit: For extra credit, make the suit an intelligent item XD

CIDE
2013-01-18, 08:37 PM
There was a set of golem armor in one of the Sword and Sorcery books. Pathfinder also has rules for golems as suits of armor.

Crake
2013-01-18, 08:43 PM
There was a set of golem armor in one of the Sword and Sorcery books. Pathfinder also has rules for golems as suits of armor.

I've never really had a good look at the pathfinder and campaign materials, could you reference books and page numbers if possible?

herrhauptmann
2013-01-18, 08:47 PM
Edit: For extra credit, make the suit an intelligent item XD
Item familiars?
Give it a purpose. A purpose it can fulfill on its own.
Now cast invisibility and walk 20 feet behind your armor while it crushes everyone?

Nizaris
2013-01-18, 08:49 PM
The PF rules for construct armor can be found here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/building-and-modifying-constructs). You'll need a custom construct but that's what that page is all about.

Crake
2013-01-18, 09:03 PM
Item familiars?
Give it a purpose. A purpose it can fulfill on its own.
Now cast invisibility and walk 20 feet behind your armor while it crushes everyone?

But thats boring, I want to be the one doing the crushing :smalltongue:

Ravens_cry
2013-01-18, 09:08 PM
How did you solve the icing problem?

Crake
2013-01-18, 09:20 PM

Hmm.. good point, I'll have to throw a greater resistance to cold enchantment on it.

Threadnaught
2013-01-19, 08:17 AM
I like ErrantX's version, if you can get that passed for your campaign, there are a few sweet PrC ideas.

Mato
2013-01-19, 11:07 AM
Custom Legacy Armor.

You can net CL10 Scorching Ray At-Will as part of one the Legacy options. Not to mention bestow Intelligence on it.

Heck of a lot cheaper than anything else as well.

Andezzar
2013-01-19, 12:32 PM
Hmm.. good point, I'll have to throw a greater resistance to cold enchantment on it.The problem is the resistance enhancement protects the wearer, not the suit. The better solution might be to add a save bonus and an ability that lets you succeed the save even on a 1.

Dr. Funk
2013-01-19, 02:56 PM
So I was bored one day while watching iron man 1 and 2 and I put this together:

Masterwork Mountain plate 3400
+1 minimum enhancement 1000
Continuous Animate Object 528000
Continuous Flight of the Dragon 90000x1.5
Scorching Ray at will 28000x1.5
Continuous Stoneskin 96500x1.5
Feather fall at will 2000x1.5

Living Suit Enhancement:
This enhancement provides a wearer with increased maneuverability and strength, removing all armor check penalties and arcane spell failure associated with the armor and giving the wearer a base speed of 40ft. The wearer is not considered to be wearing armor for the purpose of abilities such as fast movement or a Monk's AC bonus, however the wearer is still granted the armor's bonus to AC. The wearer also gains DR20/Adamantine, two 1d6 Slam attacks and a +2 bonus to Strength.
The wearer can also activate the armor's flight function to gain a 100ft fly speed with average maneuverability. For each hand the wearer uses to stabilise the armor's flight function, the armor's flight speed increases by 20 feet and increases it's maneuverability by 1 category. This must be declared at the start of the wearer's round, before any actions are taken and cannot be changed until the start of the wearer's next round. The wearer can still hover even with average maneuverability with this method of flight.
If the wearer does not use a hand to stabilise flight, he can instead fire a 4d6 damage beam of fire that is a touch attack with a range of 50ft. This is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. The wearer can fire two beams as a single standard action if neither hand is occupied, and can fire at two separate targets if the wearer wishes, but both targets must be within 30ft of eachother.
Should the user suffer a fall that would deal any falling damage the armor activates a feather fall function 5ft before hitting the ground, negating all falling damage. This requires no action from the wearer.

Strong Transmutation, Evocation, Abjuration; CL 20th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Animate Object or Craft Construct, Scorching Ray, Stoneskin, Flight of the Dragon or Overland Flight; Price +744500gp.

What do you think? What changes would you make if any? I made the DR from stoneskin 20 instead of 10 because in epic levels (which is the only time you'd be able to make something like this) DR10 is kinda meh.

I definitely like this idea, but I think it could work with clockwork armor as well. Stark's suit is a combo of both, am mechanical marvel that enhances the wearers movements, as well as having an AI to work it with. All in all, I might have a new Artificer idea... haha

Also, might make the blaster attack subject to AoO, just because it usually seems to take a moment for the Repulsor blasts to charge, and enemies have definitely taken AoO on Stark during them

Dr. Funk
2013-01-19, 03:02 PM

:biggrin: bahahaha