PDA

View Full Version : Need help on equipment and feats

dantiesilva
2013-01-18, 09:37 PM
Hello I already have the build and do not under any circumstance want to change it. That in mind can anyone give me Good suggestions for feats and equipment.

I have 4 free feats left, 3 of which Have to be exalted so I can be a saint. For those 3 I was thinking

1. Exalted turning
2. Sanctified Martial to add damage
3. ?

My forth feat I was thinking about was titan fighting.

For equipment I have off the bat A warhammer that has throwing and returning, gobliniod bane, drow bane, for free.

My wealth is that of a 20th level character with a 30% increase. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=499780

Deca4531
2013-01-18, 10:12 PM
Oh its a DMM build. i went with

Nymphs's kiss
Nimbus of light
Sanctify Martial Strike

StreamOfTheSky
2013-01-19, 01:08 PM
You should definitely get Nymph's Kiss. Even if you use a weapon, I'd still get Touch of Golden Ice, just to add some oomph! to your offensive touch spells. For the 3rd... whatever you like, I guess.

If you're willing to fight with a simple weapon (morningstar, longspear, and dagger are generally the best ones, for different uses/reasons), Intuitive Strike is awesome for a cleric.

dantiesilva
2013-01-19, 01:14 PM
I can't use any of those. Well more importantly it would not be wise to.

4 free abilities on a weapon that does 1d8 damage. It would nullify the point of being a dwarf and having HoM as a class feature and taking battlesmith next level. Thank you though for the feats, they are very good suggestions and have applied them.

I now only have 220,000gp to spend and am thinking of getting another warhammer but this one made of gold with all the abilities my other one has on it that is adamantine. And with a set of Spiked Fullplate with the spikes having defending on them my AC is around 50. I have miss chance covered, Spiked extreme steel shield. So all in all not bad so far. Anyone know how much gold weapons cost?

Zanthy1
2013-01-19, 01:19 PM
Well I always say that a ring of sustenance goes a LONG way. 2500 gold, no food, drink, and only 2 hours of sleep needed. At that level with that much money, you certainly won't miss those few coins. Only down side is it takes up one of your magic ring slots.

I think that the hammer sounds really cool, if you can put more enchantments on it, maybe make it holy, or add a burst enchantment? (flaming, frost, shocking, profane, and the one that does good damage).

Also you may want some armor. If you are going for front liner, make it adamantine for the damage reduction, otherwise mithral.

These are of course, simple ideas for a little extra oomph. There are also some wonderful fancy schmancy items that you may want, but offhand I cannot think of any

Deca4531
2013-01-19, 01:24 PM
well here are a few things i have set aside for my own DMM build.

items:
Nightstick (LM p78): +4 turn undead per day (7,500g) ((CL10th, craft rod 300xp 3750g.)

reliquary holy symbol (MIC p120) 1000g: adds +1 turn use for: 5 ranks know religion / Imp Turning / any one divine feat.

shard of the sun (MIC p 185) 3500g: continous "Daylight" effect. 3/day can deal 10d6 to undead, 5d6 to constructs, 5d8 other creatures, 10d8 creatures vonerable to light.

ring of arming (MIC p122) 5,000g: on command can store and re-equip armor and weapons.

Monks Belt (DMG) 12,000: 1 + Wis mod to AC when not wearing armor.

do you know what spells you plan to persist? i can recommend a few. my build dosent even need armor cause i plan to use

Luminous Armor, Greater(BoED p102)
Level: Sanctified 4
Components: Sacrifice
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: One good creature touched
Duration: 1 hour/level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

This spell, favored among eladrins visiting the Material Plane, envelops the target in a protective, shimmering aura of light.
The luminous armor resembles a suit of dazzling full plate, but it is weightless and does not restrict the target's movement or mobility in any way.
In addition to imparting the benefits of full plate (+8 armor bonus to AC), the luminous armor has no maximum Dexterity restriction, no armor check penalty, and no chance for arcane spell failure.
Luminous armor sheds light equivalent to a daylight spell and counters darkness spells of 2nd level or lower with which it comes into contact.
In addition, the armor's brightness causes opponents to take a -4 to penalty on melee attacks made against the target.
This penalty stacks with the attack penalty suffered by creatures sensitive to bright light (such as dark elves).
Sacrifice: 1d3 points of Strength damage.

combined with a Monks Belt (DMG) 12,000: 1 + Wis mod to AC when not wearing armor.

dantiesilva
2013-01-19, 02:22 PM
Saint template adds Wic to AC already, do not believe they stack. Also makes it so no food drink anything is required. Persisted sculpted AMF around myself makes enemies completely weak. Ring of counterspell. When you need it you need it. And I have shocking burst as it seemed to fit. I have DR 10 from multiple sources that counter different situations. SR30, and can steal a creatures very essence from it and turn it into a humanoid.

Deca4531
2013-01-19, 03:17 PM
Saint template adds Wic to AC already, do not believe they stack. Also makes it so no food drink anything is required. Persisted sculpted AMF around myself makes enemies completely weak. Ring of counterspell. When you need it you need it. And I have shocking burst as it seemed to fit. I have DR 10 from multiple sources that counter different situations. SR30, and can steal a creatures very essence from it and turn it into a humanoid.

they do stack, saint gives you an "insight" bonus, monks belt is a "non-type" ac bonus.

im not familiar with a sculpted spell where did you find that? i would imagine that an AMF would do more harm to you then good.

Zanthy1
2013-01-19, 03:26 PM

Almighty Thor!

Deca4531
2013-01-19, 03:45 PM
if you wanna go with a thor build i would recommend these weapon enchants

flying +1 (magic of faerun p141)
metalline +2 (MIC p38)
immovable rod (made into the handle) +5,000g
crystal of returning (MIC p65) 1000g lesser (4000g greater)

and if your still wondering about good feats for it here is what i set aside for my own ranged hammer build

Throw Anything(CWar p105) Dexterity 15/ Base Attack Bonus +2
You may throw a melee weapon with which you are proficient as if it were a ranged weapon with a range increment of 10’ with no penalty on the attack roll.

Power Throw(CAdv p111)Strength 13/ Brutal Throw/ Power Attack
On your round before making an attack, you may choose a number X to subtract from all thrown weaponattacks and add it to your damage until your next round. The number X may be no more than your base attack bonus.

Leap Attack(CAdv p110) Power Attack/ Jump: 8 ranks
You can combine a jump with a charge against an opponent. If your jump covers at least 10’ of horizontal distance and end in a square which threatens your opponent, you deal +100% Power Attack damage.

Power Attack(PH p98) Strength 13
On your round before making an attack, you may choose a number X to subtract from all melee attacks andadd it to your damage (as indicated below) until your next round. The number X may be no more than your Base Attack Bonus.
Damage bonus:
No damage bonus – Light Weapon; secondary end of a Double-Weapon
+X damage bonus – One-Handed Weapon used in one hand; primary end of a Double-Weapon
+2X damage bonus – Two-Handed Weapon; One-Handed Weapon used in two hands; Double-Weapon when only one end is being used for an attack

Brutal Throw(CAdv p106)
Use your Strength modifier instead of your Dexterity modifier as a bonus to attack rolls with throw weapons.

Far Shot(PH p94)(CAdv p10)Point Blank Shot
Range increment of projectile weapons you use is multiplied by 1.5.
Range increment for thrown weapons is multiplied by 2.

Melee Weapon Mastery – Bludgeoning (PH2 p81) Base Attack Bonus +8/ Weapon Focus (any bludgeoning melee)/ Weapon Specialization(any bludgeoning melee)
Any Melee Bludgeoning weapon you wield has a +2 bonus on attack & damage rolls.

Penetrating Shot(PH2 p81)Strength 15/ Base Attack Bonus +10/ Point Blank Shot
As a Standard Action, you may attack all creatures in a 60’ Line with a single projectile weapon attack. Roll separately for each creature and special damage (i.e., Sneak Attack, Flaming weapon, etc.) only applies to the first.

Point Blank Shot(PH p98)(CAdv p10)
+1 bonus on attack & damage rolls with ranged weapons when used within 30’ of their target. A spellcaster receives this bonus when using a Ray or Energy Missile spell.

Ranged Sunder(CWar p104)Strength 13/ Base Attack Bonus +5/ Point Blank Shot/ Precise Shot
When attacking an object, you deal full damage (instead of ½ damage) with Slashing or Bludgeoning Ranged Weapons –or– ½ damage (instead of no damage) with Piercing Ranged Weapons. You must be within 30’ of your target to use this feat. This feat does not stack with Improved Sunder.

Ranged Weapon Mastery – Bludgeoning(PH2 p82) Base Attack Bonus +8/ Weapon Focus (any bludgeoning ranged)/ Weapon Specialization (any bludgeoning ranged)
Any Ranged Bludgeoning weapon you wield has a +2 bonus on attack & damage –and– +20’ range increment.

dantiesilva
2013-01-19, 10:51 PM
Deca4531 they do stack, saint gives you an "insight" bonus, monks belt is a "non-type" ac bonus.im not familiar with a sculpted spell where did you find that? i would imagine that an AMF would do more harm to you then good.

Sorry to many to reply to to Quote

In that case that would be +26 to armor that can only be increased by increasing my Wisdom, which only ways left are wish spells and the tomes. Well that and artifacts. 2 points to increase it by +1 (+2 because saint and monks belt in this case.) vs. 36 (Saint, Armor, Shield) That is not fully upgraded to max Capacity yet (spikes are only at +3 for the armor right now. +0 for shield) So thats an additional +17 to AC for a grand total of 53. I do not see me being able to get my AC up to 53 with only a shield armor and saint bonus with a monks belt and saint bonus. As for sculpt spell it is exactly like shape spell. Allows me to create the area my spell covers. So I can cast a AMF that has a 5ft space open just for me to stand in that follows me so that I never suffer the effects of the AMF. Or If I cast an area spell I could turn it into a line or even make it not target my allies.

@Zanthy1 Yea wasn't trying to go for that, was going for dwarfyness but well it turned into Thor I latter noticed without even trying.

@Deca4531 for your last post.

Flying...Not bad, saying I will have two hammers, Having both of them with this ability will make it much easier for me to do massive amounts of damage. Now question, does it still act as if it were in my hands for BAB and damage?

metalline Good for 1 of the warhammers.

immovable rod Was not aware that was possible, I take it that makes it so that they can not take the weapon out of your hand.

crystal of returning (pointless as HoM grants me the throwing and returning ability on my hammer for free as well as far shot.)

As For the rest thank you for the help but as 3 had to be exalted and I have already choose them it is not much of a difference. Thank you everyone so far for your input.

Deca4531
2013-01-19, 11:34 PM
In that case that would be +26 to armor that can only be increased by increasing my Wisdom, which only ways left are wish spells and the tomes. Well that and artifacts. 2 points to increase it by +1 (+2 because saint and monks belt in this case.) vs. 36 (Saint, Armor, Shield) That is not fully upgraded to max Capacity yet (spikes are only at +3 for the armor right now. +0 for shield) So thats an additional +17 to AC for a grand total of 53. I do not see me being able to get my AC up to 53 with only a shield armor and saint bonus with a monks belt and saint bonus

well i have a DMM character of my own and ended up with 107AC not wearing armor (i had 3 effects that gave me CHA to ac and had a 40 CHA), but that depends on how you build it. the monk belt says nothing about having a shield, only armor. and as far as enchanting armor, you can enchant your clothing and the +* bonus stacks with all other armor. as for spikes i cant say, i have never used them or know of an especially good use for them. if you know a good trick that you can pull off with them i would interested in hearing it =)

as for the flying weapon, there is no RAW i know of to say one way or another, up to DM i guess. at the least you would get it once on your throw, and it could make another atk in that turn on the return trip (since it acts like an animated object.)