PDA

View Full Version : Alter self forms for Dragonwrought Kobolds?

Quintessence
2013-01-18, 09:59 PM
I couldn't really find anything on this, what would be some good forms that they can take due to being a dragon and not a humanoid?

Dusk Eclipse
2013-01-18, 10:01 PM
Wyrmlings in general are the best options.

Quintessence
2013-01-18, 10:09 PM
Wyrmlings in general are the best options.

They seem to be the only option and even the number of wyrmlings you can select from is very limited, quite disappointing :(

Larkas
2013-01-18, 10:11 PM
Well, a Pseudodragon is Tiny, and as a Small Kobold, you qualify for it. Their flight speed is solid, and they have +4 in NA.

A Green Dragon Wyrmling is Small, has a swim speed, a better flight speed than the Pseudodragon, and also has +4 NA.

Brass Dragon Wyrmlings are Tiny, have +3 NA and the best flight speed available, though with it you hit the ceiling of 120ft.

These are all in the SRD, you can probably do better than that.

Quintessence
2013-01-18, 11:45 PM
Well, a Pseudodragon is Tiny, and as a Small Kobold, you qualify for it. Their flight speed is solid, and they have +4 in NA.

A Green Dragon Wyrmling is Small, has a swim speed, a better flight speed than the Pseudodragon, and also has +4 NA.

Brass Dragon Wyrmlings are Tiny, have +3 NA and the best flight speed available, though with it you hit the ceiling of 120ft.

These are all in the SRD, you can probably do better than that.

I can't find anything from outside the SRD...

Larkas
2013-01-19, 12:35 AM
I can't find anything from outside the SRD...

If I have the time tomorrow I'll be sure to look up at least the Draconomicon for you.

Jeraa
2013-01-19, 12:47 AM
Monster Manual 2: crystal dragon wyrmling, sapphire dragon wyrmling, felldrakes (crested, spitting, and horned)

Draconomicon: fang dragon wyrmling, battle dragon wyrmling, ethereal dragon wyrmling, styx dragon wyrmling, shadow dragon wyrmling

Monsters of Faerun: Song dragon wyrmling (also has the fang and shadow dragon wyrmlings)

Sandstorm: Sand dragon wyrmling

Nothing in Monster Manual 3, 4, or 5. Nothing in the Fiend Folio.

JaronK
2013-01-19, 12:51 AM
Wyrmling Brown Dragons can burrow, so that handles that. Mercury dragons fly so fast that I think Alter Self can't even give you their full speed.

JaronK

Jeraa
2013-01-19, 12:55 AM
Does the brown dragon appear anywhere else besides Monsters of Faerun? Because the version in that book isn't useable as an Alter Self form (Alter Self caps at 5 hit dice).

JaronK
2013-01-19, 12:58 AM
Ah, sorry, I thought the Wyrmling was small enough.

Black Dragons will give you a swim speed (4HD) and Whites will give you a burrow speed (3HD).

JaronK

DEMON
2013-01-19, 04:15 AM
Dragons of Faerun
Mercury Dragon Wyrmling (Tiny)
Mist Dragon Wyrmling (Tiny)
Steel Dragon Wyrmling (Small)

Underdark
Portal Drake (Small)

Shining South
Rattlyr Very Young (Small)