PDA

View Full Version : Warbringer's Rod Optimization?

Story
2013-01-18, 11:29 PM
I was looking at Complete Mage and just noticed the Warbringer's Rod. It acts as a +1 Heavy Mace, but also lets you apply any feats you have which normally apply to a specific weapon, such as Weapon Focus.

Has anyone tried to exploit this? It seems like there's probably weapon specific feats somewhere that become much more powerful when applied to a mace.

TuggyNE
2013-01-18, 11:33 PM
I was looking at Complete Mage and just noticed the Warbringer's Rod. It acts as a +1 Heavy Mace, but also lets you apply any feats you have which normally apply to a specific weapon, such as Weapon Focus.

Has anyone tried to exploit this? It seems like there's probably weapon specific feats somewhere that become much more powerful when applied to a mace.

I assume it would basically be like Aptitude cheese, except less effective because maces aren't all that amazing in general.

Arcanist
2013-01-19, 01:30 AM
I assume it would basically be like Aptitude cheese, except less effective because maces aren't all that amazing in general.

Lightning Mace? (Doesn't that require you to use a Mace?)

TuggyNE
2013-01-19, 03:11 AM
Lightning Mace? (Doesn't that require you to use a Mace?)

Yeah, but Lightning Mace abuse generally uses Aptitude with other weapons precisely because maces are so lousy for crit-fishing.