PDA

View Full Version : Confusion on Skypledge Spellpool?

silverwolfer
2013-01-19, 12:41 AM
So if am reading this right, if I leave a spell unprepared, I can take a full round action, and then cast any cleric/druid spell the next round that I want , besides the fire,earth,water restrictions.

Yet it uses up this slot, and then I have to repay it back with a spell of equal levels later on, so making it where I have to cast two "spells" to have one spell?

Daftendirekt
2013-01-19, 05:19 AM
It's just like the spellpool for the Mage of the Arcane Order. You get the benefit of being able to access a large variety of spells that you wouldn't normally be able to get. The price is that you need to contribute spells to it (The fluff idea is that this is how the pool exists in the first place: everybody contributes to it).

So, to answer your question: Yes. Paying an extra spell is the price of versatility. It's quite easy, really. Pay it back at the end of a day when you know you're not going to cast anything else that day.

rot42
2013-01-19, 02:47 PM
In addition to the versatility, usefulness is not linear in spell level. You can grab an all day spell level 4 buff at the start of the day, then at the end of the day repay the debt with four first level spells that you did not end up needing that day. This is generally a favorable trade.