PDA

View Full Version : Godswept (Divine Teleportation Spell)

Shadowbranch1
2013-01-19, 06:28 AM
I always wondered why divine casters didnt have a decent teleportation spell. In order to maintain game balance between the divine and their arcane counterparts, I increased the level, decreased the effectiveness, and added some stipulations and effects. Let me know what you think

Godswept

Conjuration (Teleportation)

Clr 6

Components: V, S, DF

Casting Time: 1 Standard Action

Range: Personal and Touch

Area: You and Touched Objects or other touched willing creatures

Duration: Instantaneous

Saving Throw: Special (see below)

Spell Resistance: No and Yes (object)

This spell instantly transports you to a designated destination, up to 50 miles per caster level away from your current position. Interplanar travel is not possible. You can bring along objects as long as their weight doesn’t exceed your maximum load. You may also bring one additional willing Medium or smaller creature (carrying gear or objects up to its maximum load) or its equivalent (see below) per five caster levels. A Large creature counts as two Medium creatures, a Huge creature counts as two Large creatures, and so forth. All creatures to be transported must be in contact with one another, and at least one of those creatures must be in contact with you. Object transported in this fashion follow the same rules as the Wiz/Sorc spell, teleport.

You must be very familiar with the location to be visited. If you are not completely familiar with the location, you must roll a fortitude save versus this spell. If you succeed the saving throw, the spell operates normally and you reach your intended destination unscathed. If you fail, you and all creatures transported with you take 1d6 points of damage per two caster levels you possess as time and reality warps around you and through you.

Regardless of whether a saving throw is required or not, you and all creatures transported with you are nauseated (as per the condition) for 1 round upon arrival at the destination.