PDA

View Full Version : [PF]Help Interpreting Godling Ascendancy

Endless Query
2013-01-19, 08:18 AM
This one is pretty straight forward, the "Magic is Magic" Ascendancy says:
To determine your caster level for all your spellcasting classes, add all your levels in classes that grant both 0-level and 1st level spells at level 1, and half your levels in classes that grant up to 4th level spells. This does not grant you additional spell slots of spells known, only a higher caster level for determining the effects of your spells.

Now, in my head, when I read that, it seems like it would count Wizard, Sorcerer, Eldritch Godlings levels, etc. 1.5 times (As they fall into both categories), but my, let's say, common sense, perhaps? Suggests to me that I cannot possibly be looking at a class feature that makes my caster level 150% of my caster level. Does anyone have a tight rules interpretation on this or seen any direct explanation by the "Genius Guide" folks?

ArcturusV
2013-01-19, 08:22 AM
" grant up to ONLY 4th level spells."

Is probably how it's meant to be read. E.g.: A Ranger only gives you 1/2 a caster level for each level of Ranger you have.

Endless Query
2013-01-19, 08:27 AM
Not going to lie, that does make a lot more sense, in fact that's what I thought it said in the first place, but upon re-reading I got confused, due to that missing word, so I figured I'd see if there was anything official, or someone who had past experience with this particular quirk, but I suppose that's the meaning I'll run with unless someone proves to know something I don't.

Now clearly someone just needs to find a class that grants both 0th and 1st level spells at 1, but who's progression stops at spell level 4 to really confuse matters.

ArcturusV
2013-01-19, 08:36 AM
Now someone will make that class, just because you said it. Watch it happen. :smallbiggrin: