PDA

View Full Version : Western Meets Fantasy Game

Brass Dragon
2013-01-19, 12:14 PM
Ok here we go, everyone post once with your character's name and a tidbit of backstory during the next 24 hours

SamBurke
2013-01-19, 12:37 PM
SamBurke reporting in. I'll choose the color Burgundy for Foresight. (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=46940)

Backstory coming.

North_Ranger
2013-01-19, 12:41 PM
Reverend Jeroboam Creedy (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=500433)

A no-nonsense man of the cloth, Reverend Creedy is a lean, grizzled cleric with salt-and-pepper beard and hair, simple black clothes and a quick hand with both spell and mace. Born fifty-one years ago in the grain-producing farmlands of the then-frontier, he grew up as the second son of the local priest. His childhood was a combination of religious studies and back-breaking labour on the family farm, learning with every drop of sweat and ache that one must not shun work to truly serve one's flock.

When he came of age, young Jeroboam was sent east to study at an Erastili seminar, where the handsome young man came across the temptations of the civilized East. Unaccustomed to the treachery behind smiles and offered drinks, Jeroboam ended up squandering most of his coin in a doomed attempt to woo one of the local ladies. And when reality hit him, it hit him hard - in the form of a hard-fisted bouncer who beat up the love-sick puppy of a man while the object of his attraction laughed and mocked him in the bawdy house. Thrown out into the rain, bleeding and broken, Jeroboam came to realize the vileness of 'true' civilization. Somehow he managed to crawl back to his lodgings, and was nursed back to health by his friends and tutors.

When Jeroboam graduated as a fully-fledged cleric of Erastil, he was a changed man. The smiling, laughing young man had turned into a dour and stubborn preacher who left the city as soon as he was able. Returning home with his meager possessions, Jeroboam started his life as the minister of a young parish. From the east he still ordered books and newspapers, keeping himself abreast of what was happening in the world of faith and in the frontier. He even made a moderate amount of fame for himself by writing theology and observations of native history, but he never ventured east again. Quite the opposite: as years went by, he travelled further and further west, following the frontier and preaching to the men and women in these yet-untainted settlements.

It is with this religious fire that Jeroboam now heads towards Falcon Springs, intent on bringing the good word to the frontier - and to get away from the wretched allure of 'civilization'.

Oops... I think I got carried away there :smallwink:

Chromascope3D
2013-01-20, 02:07 AM
Howdy. Here's Justice Elijah Hazael (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=500504), ex-demon, current-vigilante.

His tale:
Backstory to the backstory:
Legend tells that this was once fertile ground, a holy land for those brave enough to seek it out, an Eden. But that was long ago. Centuries past, a war was fought, the final battle between good and evil that would decide the course of history. But it wasn't. It wasn't what the seers and soothsayers had foretold. As the forces of Heaven and Hell charged and withdrew, recoiled and retaliated, their strength waned, for they were equals. Neither side could finish the other, and, with morale broken, they returned to their domains. The paradise was now lost, the forces of chaos and malignity taking hold where there had once been beauty and life, reducing it to barren wastes. Thus is the legend of the Great Plains, as has been told by Orc-kind for generations.

His Story:
When a man dies, his soul is claimed by divine forces to serve after life. Elijah Hazael had been a cruel, evil man, and so he was claimed by the earth. Of course, such a life is forgotten in time, as it was for him, when he became a Tiefling, one of the mortal servants of darkness. And so he served for centuries (Which was but a few years in the timelines of both the nether and higher realms), until the war came. He was a soldier, and he fought bravely and valiantly for his side, but as the conflict sludged on, he came to realize the horrors of what was happening, of what they were doing to one another. He could stand it no longer, and neither could many others. They exiled themselves, climbing back from the Abyss, back into the light of day.

He was among them when they met the cast-offs from the heavens, exiles like they were, the Aasimar. They met atop the Mountain, and together agreed that both sides had been wrong in the conflict, and that with forces combined, they could make things right.

Here came Zedechari, Lord of Order. It pained him to see such malevolent anarchy dominating what had once been shared. He struck a bargain with the exiles. They would be his Justices, preaching his word and delivering his light throughout the land. For this, they would join him in his Utopia when their time was up. They agreed. And so it was that they dispersed with their new roles.

For 3 score and 10 years, he has been doing so. It has been hard for him, as people tend not to trust demons. But he does not need their trust to do his duty, hunting criminals, collecting bounties. He rarely passes through a town twice in the same years. Falcon Springs is just another stop on the list.
Notes on Zedechari:
Holy Symbol: A Gavel
Domains: Community, Glory, Law, Protection
Favored Weapon: Warhammer
Also: dibs on this voice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZAuKkv4eZE&feature=youtu.be&t=1m). :smalltongue:

Rokku
2013-01-20, 06:06 AM
The Widow Mrs. Haverford (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SLXa_5UEpI6bLT3BXITkLUWcJm3wUck9GM7nknHhfZQ/edit)

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/KlondikeRocky/MrsHaverford_zps4f6075c4.jpg

The Widow Mrs. Haverford married her husband Thomas some fourty-four years ago in Boston, when she was just a girl of a hundred and seven and he was a young man of twenty-three. When he passed away at age sixty she was shunned by her family for having married a human and his family for being the ageless nymph who'd stolen him away from them. So she liquidated her inheritance -- what remained after her in-laws got at it anyway -- and headed out West, hoping to leave her past behind.

A few months after arriving in UNNAMED TOWN she acquired the local saloon and house of ill-repute. The previous owner, known for watered-down whiskey and letting men do whatever they wanted to the girls, left to find his fortune in Mexico. Supposedly. Mrs. Haverford named her new business "I Merilwin" (elvish for "The Rose Maiden") and now the whiskey's less watered down and the girls are treated properly under threat of bullet and curse. She also provides a few rooms for rent and is the town's primary crafter of magical items.

Mrs. Haverford (Aira to the few who have gotten her first name out of her) is tall compared to most human women and curvier than most elves due to a love of human cuisine. Her blood-red hair hangs in ringlets just past her shoulders, and she continues to dress primarily in black years after her husband's death. She also regularly wears veils and dark glasses, which most people think are part of her mourning, but are actually for the sake of her sensitive eyes. Most of the town's men consider her both beautiful and frightening, and those foolish enough to think that just because she minds the whores she's available for hire have been taught harsh lessons.

PChubby
2013-01-20, 08:02 AM
Arlo "Brimstone" Huxley, goblin alchemist

As a contract demolitionist, Arlo spends his time between railroad jobs working odd jobs, honing his craft, and surveying the future path of the railroad.

Still working on mechanics and fleshing out the back story.

SamBurke
2013-01-21, 03:53 PM
"Foresight"

She'd been running for a long, long time. Her tribe couldn't use such a blind child. No company would hire her, no town accept her because of her unusual talents. Finally, he traveled further and further west, until he reached Falcon Springs, a town beyond anything else, full of only the toughest and least caring individuals anywhere. There and only there, she could ply the often misunderstood trade of a gypsy fortune teller, or whatever else would keep her alive just one more day.

Crappy and short. My apologies for both.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-21, 05:46 PM
Here we go

Salazar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=502724)
Description
Before you stands a short, crimson scaled kobold. His skin appears scaly like a dragons, and his eyes glow red. Jutting through hole in over coat and out of his back are two small bat like wings. He wears a black hat and overcoat. On his gun holster is a revolver made of strange red and black metal.
Pic
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/039/c/4/gunsinger_kobold_color_by_n647-d4p3s6q.jpg
Background
Salazar grew up in a Kobold mining town. Never amounting to anything, after a long life he had the luck of meeting a devil. Promising his soul for a second life, the two made a deal. Salazar was reborn, however the demonic influence on his soul altered his body significantly. His scales shifted red, his eyes glowed red, and he grew wings. His people recognized him for what he was, and cast him out.

Exiled to human lands, he found other humanoids didn't know as much about kobolds as he thought. Many thought kobolds were supposed to have wings. Settling down he used his knowledge of metals to become the local blacksmith. He was considered one of the best gunsmiths in town. However in secret he began practicing, both at a gun fighting with his trusty weapon, and with weaving magic. He even began to discover how to forge magic weapons.

As of late, Salazar has begun to look for signs of adventure. He knows his life will not last forever, and he wants to say it amounted to something.

Brass Dragon
2013-01-22, 03:08 PM
OK, lets get things started.

It is currently mid day, what are ya'll doing (in character, obviously)

Wednesday, for those whom that matters to

SamBurke
2013-01-22, 03:47 PM
I would probably be sitting down at some table, trying to tell people's fortunes.

QUESTION: Can I have a small tent? I have 0 GP, literally, but I also didn't factor in the tiny amount of money from Level 1.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-22, 05:35 PM
I would probably be sitting down at some table, trying to tell people's fortunes.

QUESTION: Can I have a small tent? I have 0 GP, literally, but I also didn't factor in the tiny amount of money from Level 1.
Wealth by level is assumed to include the money a character started with. So you do not have money for a tent.
However a tent is only 10 gp. So if you would like to borrow 10gp, we can say our characters have met before and Foresight owes Salazar 10gp in gambling debt. Which would be hilarious that a fortune teller owes money for not properly foreseeing the outcome of a poker game.

Are we going to have a IC thread?

Brass Dragon
2013-01-22, 05:53 PM
i think we'll be fine w/o an in character thread, just have anything out of character be in italics,

and sure, take a tent, or see if the barkeep (the widow haverford, a PC) would have let you done it there.

SamBurke
2013-01-22, 06:04 PM
i think we'll be fine w/o an in character thread, just have anything out of character be in italics,

and sure, take a tent, or see if the barkeep (the widow haverford, a PC) would have let you done it there.

OK. This is my plan for now: running it out of the back room of Haverford, if he's OK with that.

Question for Rokku: are you OK with me doing that?

Wealth by level is assumed to include the money a character started with. So you do not have money for a tent.
However a tent is only 10 gp. So if you would like to borrow 10gp, we can say our characters have met before and Foresight owes Salazar 10gp in gambling debt. Which would be hilarious that a fortune teller owes money for not properly foreseeing the outcome of a poker game.

Are we going to have a IC thread?

I like the backstory part. I'll owe you 20 GP, and claim that it was because I wanted you to have it at the time (perhaps you were in need of money?).

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-22, 07:02 PM
Just for reference

Falcon springs itself is a few years old when the campaign begins, on the edge of the unknown frontiers of the west.

the area around the town is a bit dangerous, but the large presence of adventurers int he town has warded off most attempts at small attacks on the city.

the civilized world you all left behind is full of magics which solve most of your problems, out here in the frontier, you've had to learn how to provide for yourselves in new and curious ways.

Main reason for the movement is a combination of the spirit of adventure and scientific inquiry by many of the large cities in the east, they are curious of what new creatures or ruins lay in the west.

for races, humans are most common, but every race has a piece of the population pie.

Common gods are those of travelling or whimsy, like olidammara or fharlanghn. though, other gods from most every pantheon are widely worshiped as well

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-22, 07:04 PM
Dusk. Falcon Springs. It had been a hot spring day, and it appeared spring would soon be over if this heat continued. The towns folk had stayed out of the sun if they could. Now that dusk was only a hour or two away, the temperature had dropped and they began to move about more. Emerging from the blacksmith building came a small kobold in a black hat, the town blacksmith.

Thankfully the local folk didn't know enough to know that wings and a tail were uncommon on a kobold, and no one bothered him about his fiendish heritage. The short jokes ran thin sometimes however...

Making his way into the local Tavern, The Rose Maiden as he called it since he spoke elven, he made his way to the bar. With minimum amounts of effort, he managed to climb the stool and sit down. As he did, his dark colored gun poked out from his coat momentarily. A item he always kept near. Taking off his hat, he wiped some of the soot from his forehead. "The usual; Whiskey, leave the bottle." he called to the elven barkeep. Casually, he glanced around the room.

Rokku
2013-01-22, 07:06 PM
SamBurke: The Widow Mrs. Haverford would damn near insist on taking the poor nearly-blind girl in.

Brass Dragon: I'd prefer a seperate thread for the actual game to keep things clean and easier to read.

CowMasterTrojan: Did you get special permission to use Spell Combat/Spellstrike with your gun? Because those abilities require a melee weapon and nothing about Soul Forger obviates that. I don't think that's broken I'm just wondering if you ran it by the GM. Apologies if it's something that was discussed earlier and I just plain missed it!

And finally in case we don't get a separate IC thread started, Mrs. Haverford is getting the place ready for the lunch rush, and rousing the late-sleeping girls from bed so they can get ready for the work of the coming evening.

SamBurke
2013-01-22, 07:11 PM
SamBurke: The Widow Mrs. Haverford would damn near insist on taking the poor nearly-blind girl in.

Brass Dragon: I'd prefer a seperate thread for the actual game to keep things clean and easier to read.

CowMasterTrojan: Did you get special permission to use Spell Combat/Spellstrike with your gun? Because those abilities require a melee weapon and nothing about Soul Forger obviates that. I don't think that's broken I'm just wondering if you ran it by the GM. Apologies if it's something that was discussed earlier and I just plain missed it!

And finally in case we don't get a separate IC thread started, Mrs. Haverford is getting the place ready for the lunch rush, and rousing the late-sleeping girls from bed so they can get ready for the work of the coming evening.

DONE! I can give you some help, or at least some notoriety. :smallbiggrin: Plus, within 60 Feet, I can practically see anything! Kind of.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-22, 07:17 PM

The archtype I took changes it so it only works with one weapon of choice. It didn't discriminate against ranged weapons, so I took that to mean he could use it with a ranged weapon. I made the character in a hurry however to get in the game, so I did not run it by Brass Dragon. If he is opposed to it, I would be happy to make necessary changes.

I also would prefer a IC thread.

SamBurke
2013-01-22, 07:21 PM
The archtype I took changes it so it only works with one weapon of choice. It didn't discriminate against ranged weapons, so I took that to mean he could use it with a ranged weapon. I made the character in a hurry however to get in the game, so I did not run it by Brass Dragon. If he is opposed to it, I would be happy to make necessary changes.

I also would prefer a IC thread.

Third'ing the IC bit.

Brass Dragon
2013-01-22, 09:03 PM
sorry, i posted the ic thread a bit ago, but didnt link it, if you could repost your stuff

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268848http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268848

and i dont really mind your gun thing

North_Ranger
2013-01-23, 12:52 AM
I'm terribly sorry, but the way things turned out... I have to bow out. My character sheet is still very much under construction, and everyone else seems to be in such a rush to get started. Currently being in the hospital (nothing life-threatening, just an infection that requires an IV drop) doesn't help either.

I just hate to do a half-assed job. My apologies.

Brass Dragon
2013-01-23, 01:29 AM
I'm terribly sorry, but the way things turned out... I have to bow out. My character sheet is still very much under construction, and everyone else seems to be in such a rush to get started. Currently being in the hospital (nothing life-threatening, just an infection that requires an IV drop) doesn't help either.

thank you for your interest anyways.

SamBurke
2013-01-23, 11:08 AM

That's terribly sad. Perhaps we could wait a day or two for people to finish things up? Maybe a little more?

North_Ranger
2013-01-23, 11:20 AM
That's terribly sad. Perhaps we could wait a day or two for people to finish things up? Maybe a little more?

A day or two wouldn't make much of a difference, unfortunately. I'm sorry :smallfrown:

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-23, 11:44 AM
Are we going with the whole thing about me owing you?

My understanding was that you would just find some divine reason to just give it to him for some reason. If you would like to make it where you owe him money, I can change his response slightly and you wouldn't even have to change yours.:smallwink:

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-27, 08:05 PM
What happened to Cdr.Fallout? Did he bow out?

Brass Dragon
2013-01-28, 01:52 AM
by the looks of it

by the way, the forums seem to have a serious DM shortage, it isnt that hard to dm, anyone know why?

SamBurke
2013-01-28, 11:16 AM
My understanding was that you would just find some divine reason to just give it to him for some reason. If you would like to make it where you owe him money, I can change his response slightly and you wouldn't even have to change yours.:smallwink:

Whatever you prefer is fine with me.

Also, I'm all for extending the deadline on submissions, but running the game until then. It's just like opening a new recruitment thread to keep an old game going.

Brass Dragon
2013-01-28, 12:22 PM
by all means, ive lost the thread, but id love to have you as my arbiter in this, so find people, and have them post their character here

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-28, 12:43 PM
the original thread can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267460&page=5)if you would like to utilize it.

SamBurke
2013-01-28, 01:03 PM
by all means, ive lost the thread, but id love to have you as my arbiter in this, so find people, and have them post their character here

1. Points for using the word Arbiter. I need to use it more often.

2. The thread is Here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267460)

3. I can go ahead and announce that it's back on.

Rokku
2013-01-28, 03:12 PM
I am already pointing friends at it.

As far as GMing, I think a lot of people overestimate what it takes, or maybe you're just awesome and it's harder for other people than you think. I know I've tried GMing in the past and just didn't like doing it.

SamBurke
2013-01-29, 07:35 PM
I'm fine, actually. I'll edit my post to continue onward with the action.

SamBurke
2013-01-31, 10:07 AM
That guy really wants to kill people. :smallbiggrin:

Chromascope3D
2013-01-31, 12:05 PM
Sorry guys, I got caught up in stuff and totally forgot about this. I can still join if ya'll want me.

SamBurke
2013-01-31, 12:32 PM
Sorry guys, I got caught up in stuff and totally forgot about this. I can still join if ya'll want me.

Sounds good! Just get a sheet ready. Not much has happened thus far, so you've got time.

Glad to have you. :smallbiggrin:

Brass Dragon
2013-02-01, 12:43 PM
totally missed the second page, yes, roll em up whenever

and while im not an awesome dm, i have lots of experience, though most of it is with real life groups. still getting more used to Pbp format

SamBurke
2013-02-01, 01:32 PM
totally missed the second page, yes, roll em up whenever

and while im not an awesome dm, i have lots of experience, though most of it is with real life groups. still getting more used to Pbp format

No problem... I totally understand.

Rokku
2013-02-01, 10:18 PM
Man, I just realized that Dancing Owlbear, the person who originally requested a western game, isn't even here. Zuh?

Brass Dragon
2013-02-01, 11:56 PM
just noticed?

Rokku
2013-02-02, 01:25 AM
Looking back, he dropped because he didn't think he could have a character ready in time.

So of course, half the people who WERE theoretically ready didn't even bother showing up.

I'm gonna reach out to that fella/lady.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-02, 03:50 AM
thank you sir

SamBurke
2013-02-02, 10:28 AM
Looking back, he dropped because he didn't think he could have a character ready in time.

So of course, half the people who WERE theoretically ready didn't even bother showing up.

I'm gonna reach out to that fella/lady.

Good Guy Gamer strikes again! :smallsmile:

Chromascope3D
2013-02-02, 07:35 PM
The only thing I needed to resolve on my sheet was gear. A week later and I still haven't resolved it. I hate gear. :smallmad:

Blade Conduit
2013-02-02, 07:39 PM
The only thing I needed to resolve on my sheet was gear. A week later and I still haven't resolved it. I hate gear. :smallmad:

I haven't gotten past hat, duster, gun, armor, and badge. I need to flesh him out a bit but I went fast cuz I wanted in.

SamBurke
2013-02-02, 07:48 PM

I know. I hate it, too.

Chromascope3D
2013-02-02, 08:04 PM
His tale:
Backstory to the backstory:
Legend tells that this was once fertile ground, a holy land for those brave enough to seek it out, an Eden. But that was long ago. Centuries past, a war was fought, the final battle between good and evil that would decide the course of history. But it wasn't. It wasn't what the seers and soothsayers had foretold. As the forces of Heaven and Hell charged and withdrew, recoiled and retaliated, their strength waned, for they were equals. Neither side could finish the other, and, with morale broken, they returned to their domains. The paradise was now lost, the forces of chaos and malignity taking hold where there had once been beauty and life, reducing it to barren wastes. Thus is the legend of the Great Plains, as has been told by Orc-kind for generations.

His Story:
When a man dies, his soul is claimed by divine forces to serve after life. Elijah Hazael had been a cruel, evil man, and so he was claimed by the earth. Of course, such a life is forgotten in time, as it was for him, when he became a Tiefling, one of the mortal servants of darkness. And so he served for centuries (Which was but a few years in the timelines of both the nether and higher realms), until the war came. He was a soldier, and he fought bravely and valiantly for his side, but as the conflict sludged on, he came to realize the horrors of what was happening, of what they were doing to one another. He could stand it no longer, and neither could many others. They exiled themselves, climbing back from the Abyss, back into the light of day.

He was among them when they met the cast-offs from the heavens, exiles like they were, the Aasimar. They met atop the Mountain, and together agreed that both sides had been wrong in the conflict, and that with forces combined, they could make things right.

Here came Zedechari, Lord of Order. It pained him to see such malevolent anarchy dominating what had once been shared. He struck a bargain with the exiles. They would be his Justices, preaching his word and delivering his light throughout the land. For this, they would join him in his Utopia when their time was up. They agreed. And so it was that they dispersed with their new roles.

For 3 score and 10 years, he has been doing so. It has been hard for him, as people tend not to trust demons. But he does not need their trust to do his duty, hunting criminals, collecting bounties. He rarely passes through a town twice in the same years. Falcon Springs is just another stop on the list.

A-HA! I knew I had posted it somewhere! So, this is basically the idea regarding the two races. You don't have to follow it, but I though it was really interesting since you made a character that fits in really well with it anyway. :smalltongue:

Blade Conduit
2013-02-02, 08:13 PM
A-HA! I knew I had posted it somewhere! So, this is basically the idea regarding the two races. You don't have to follow it, but I though it was really interesting since you made a character that fits in really well with it anyway. :smalltongue:

I love it. I'm in. An exile of heaven wearing his holy symbol badge trying to right the wrongs of this world one evil at a time. Samial's Story
He could remember the bloodshed. Every dy and long into the night. It still caused his sleep problems. Once the war was over Samial realized the real fight had just started. His fight against the nightmares of a bloody stupid war, and his personal fight to put his badge in the way of the Evil that seemed to lurk in every alleyway of every town.
Now the town's name was Falcon Springs and with it another chance to put the world a little more lighter than it had been before. Seeing a tavern nearby Samial thought it best to make his introductions there, just the sort of place he could see trouble popping up pretty easily.

Rokku
2013-02-03, 01:07 AM
What's so hard about gear? Especially with only 5th level cash. You cover the bases (weapon, armor, saves, stat item, secondary AC items) and spend anything left on something fun.

Blade, have you linked a sheet anywhere? I don't see one. I'm assuming you're our Sheriff as Fallout is clearly the Gunfighter Driven By X. Hell, show me a sheet and I can probably have gear loadouts for both of you within the hour.

Also, I know this is a wild west but there's a sad truth: damage output with guns sucks if you're not a Gunslinger. The happy side of that is, a one level Gunslinger dip gives you Gun Training since we're using Guns Everywhere. So I'd highly consider it for *anyone* who wants to rely on shooting people as your primary form of combat!

Rokku
2013-02-03, 01:39 AM
A quick loadout just looking at our resident inquisitor:

+1 Composite Longbow (+2 strength bonus) - 2600gp
+2 Belt of Incredible Dexterity - 4000gp
+1 Mithral Shirt - 2100gp
+1 Cloak of Resistance - 1000gp
Level 1 Wand, either Cure Light Wounds or Lesser Restoration - 750gp
Inquisitor's Kit - 30gp
20gp left over to buy arrows and I dunno, crack or something.

Bam. Done.

Chromascope3D
2013-02-03, 02:04 AM
The thing that concerns me about armor is, how useful can it really be, if everyone is running around with advanced firearms that can touch attack you within 5x their range increments?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-03, 02:17 AM
probably not as useful as usual, but the Dm has stated guns are rarer as we go out. So it could still come in handy.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-03, 02:58 AM
I did link the sheet somewhere.. Original recruiting thread maybe but either way here is Samial (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=509884).
Gear isn't hard per se just not as much fun as concentrating on character evolution, I guess.
The gunslinger dip is interesting I hadn't thought of that maybe next level for now smiting should help. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Rokku
2013-02-03, 03:43 AM
People use guns, horrible flesh-eating monsters don't. Also, recall my gunslinger statement: if you're not adding a stat to damage you're not hitting all that hard with guns. So they may hit you often, but for a lot less damage.

Rokku
2013-02-03, 03:45 AM
Blade, first thing, welcome to another feat: with Guns Everywhere, firearms are Simple Weapons, so you don't need to take EWP: Firearms. I recommend getting Rapid Reload instead. I'm almost tempted to say you should go Divine Hunter just to get you free Precise Shot, but you give up a LOT for that trade, so consider it carefully.

Other than that, you can follow almost the exact same gear loadout I recommended above, just replace the bow with a rifle (which will be cheaper, remember under Guns Everywhere firearms cost 10% of their normal price) and the Inquisitor's Kit with a Paladin's Kit.

And if you're considering the gunslinger dip, I highly recommend you take it *now* rather than later. You'll be glad you did.

And finally, there's an aasimar variant with +2 Dex +2 Cha instead of +2 Wis +2 Cha, if you didn't know. Musetouched. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-aasimar#TOC-Azata-Blooded-Musetouched-)

Similarly there's a +dex +wis -int tiefling for our inquisitor if the thought appeals to him: scroll down to the asura-spawn here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-tiefling).

Blade Conduit
2013-02-03, 03:51 AM
Woot! Me likey Feats! Heh Rapid Reload here we come!
EDIT
Gonna tackle a serious reworking of my sheet now. Woo!

Rokku
2013-02-03, 03:52 AM
I just edited the above post with a lot more info, go look at it again!

Heh, didn't expect anyone else around at this hour...

Blade Conduit
2013-02-03, 04:14 AM
*Bows head low* @Rokku Much appreciated! Updated and accurate I believe. Thanks for the heads up on all of those.:smallbiggrin:

Chromascope3D
2013-02-03, 10:51 AM
People use guns, horrible flesh-eating monsters don't. Also, recall my gunslinger statement: if you're not adding a stat to damage you're not hitting all that hard with guns. So they may hit you often, but for a lot less damage.

While I will keep it in mind, I think I'll stick with Inq 5 for now, though. And thanks, I was wondering where everyone was getting WIS Tieflings from.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-03, 02:52 PM
Does rolling not work if you're doing it while editing a post?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-03, 03:05 PM
correct. No editing. No previews. You have to do it the first time, every time.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-03, 05:12 PM
correct, sir

Blade Conduit
2013-02-03, 05:25 PM
Awesome, good to know. Thank you much.

Rokku
2013-02-03, 11:13 PM
It does not!

I believe hitting Preview also breaks rolls.

Edit: Dag, ninja'd

Brass Dragon
2013-02-04, 12:06 AM
It does not!

I believe hitting Preview also breaks rolls.

Edit: Dag, ninja'd

ninja'd 6 hours ago, i think a random peasant just stabbed you instead.

Rokku
2013-02-04, 01:46 AM
Wevs, lets get this game going! Bandits! Monsters! Robots!

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-04, 01:57 AM
Robot bandits? Pirate monsters?

Brass Dragon
2013-02-04, 02:21 AM
first of all, there are no pirates, second, ya, just waiting for fallout to come into contact with you in some way. suffice it to say, danger lurks

Blade Conduit
2013-02-04, 09:02 AM
Robot Monster Pirates! 20 feet tall with six robotic arms, all wielding rapiers and it goes "Bzzt Argggg Bzzt"

SamBurke
2013-02-04, 09:54 AM
Robot Monster Pirates! 20 feet tall with six robotic arms, all wielding rapiers and it goes "Bzzt Argggg Bzzt"

This would be a pleasant change to.. wait. This is how most of my games go.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-04, 09:57 AM
Ominous check! Skill: Well duh! (1d20+1)
[roll0]
WOOO!
I'm suggesting for further rule updates they include a Sense Ominousness Skill.
You are skilled at detecting Ominousness.
CHECK: A successful check allows you to be aware of the ominous feeling in the room/area you are occupying.
Someone goes "Dun Dun Dunnn" DC 10
Eerie music playing in background DC 15
A sudden reappearance of a long lost family member and or unknown twin. DC 1

Blade Conduit
2013-02-05, 10:39 AM
@SamBurke Did you just read my mind? I was thinking the mountain part. I means it's fine with me I'm just confused.

SamBurke
2013-02-05, 11:05 AM
@SamBurke Did you just read my mind? I was thinking the mountain part. I means it's fine with me I'm just confused.

I don't know if I did or not. BUT! I figure a 22 is good enough to get knowledge about a well-known event.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-05, 11:08 AM
I don't know if I did or not. BUT! I figure a 22 is good enough to get knowledge about a well-known event.

I only ask because neither one of us, cmdr. or I mentioned a mountain out loud. Heh

Chromascope3D
2013-02-05, 11:13 AM
I'm honestly on the fence about just how well known this war would be. I'd think most people wouldn't know about the true origins of the West, but I could see certain people who've studied history would.

But, it's all the DM's call anyway, so...

SamBurke
2013-02-05, 12:01 PM
I'm honestly on the fence about just how well known this war would be. I'd think most people wouldn't know about the true origins of the West, but I could see certain people who've studied history would.

But, it's all the DM's call anyway, so...

Well, my character's based on Force of Will (Charisma) giving her knowledge, as well as spirit and ancestral stuff. If y'all want, I can blow a Commune with Ancestors to give a more viable reason why I would know. OR I could mind-read from one of y'all.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-05, 12:13 PM
No no don't waste anything.. Just have a card flipped up on the table with a mountain on it.. Cue ominous music an bingo bango bobs your uncle

SamBurke
2013-02-05, 12:35 PM
No no don't waste anything.. Just have a card flipped up on the table with a mountain on it.. Cue ominous music an bingo bango bobs your uncle

That is a good idea.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-06, 11:05 AM
So I think we're all here.. Except the kobolds leaving.. Somebody wanna cue the ominous music again and see if anything happens?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-06, 12:18 PM
Right. My thinking was something will try to kill me now. If it doesn't, he's the town smith. He wouldn't be far away if he does walk away.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-06, 12:21 PM
luckily enough, he's still at the door, unless he wants to walk out

Blade Conduit
2013-02-06, 02:40 PM
In my very best Admiral Ackbar accent "IT'S A TRAP!!"

Rokku
2013-02-06, 03:00 PM
Man I hope so, I am getting super bored waiting for plot to happen.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-06, 03:09 PM
my bad for waiting for more players =.=

Chromascope3D
2013-02-06, 04:14 PM
We can always pick some more up later.

Rokku
2013-02-06, 04:51 PM
my bad for waiting for more players =.=

Nah I was with you but now we have five! Five is plenty. VIOLENCE ACTION GO

Blade Conduit
2013-02-06, 08:52 PM
Well here we go!
GAME ON!

SamBurke
2013-02-06, 10:34 PM
I'm handing out Buffs, folks! I have Protection from Evil, Communal, but only for people nearby. I can't walk into that street without getting majorly hosed.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-06, 10:51 PM
Thats what we get for being so brash. I could've used a +2 to AC versus evil people, but I guess I am SoL because I just ran out the door. :smallwink:

SamBurke
2013-02-06, 10:52 PM
Thats what we get for being so brash. I could've used a +2 to AC versus evil people, but I guess I am SoL because I just ran out the door. :smallwink:

Welp, I can cast Mage Armor across the street when the crap hits the fan. Do you ahve armor on?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-06, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I have a chain shirt. I don't need mage armor. Best you stay inside the tavern anyway.

SamBurke
2013-02-06, 11:50 PM
Yeah, I have a chain shirt. I don't need mage armor. Best you stay inside the tavern anyway.

Yeaaaaah. I'mm'a gonna do that.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-07, 12:07 AM
not going to try diplomacy? :smallamused:

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-07, 12:10 AM
The sheriff is trying diplomacy. The rest of us are just waiting for diplomacy to fail.:smallbiggrin:

Brass Dragon
2013-02-08, 12:51 PM
you all still alive?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-08, 01:39 PM
We've all posted our actions, I think we're waiting on you. Samail is attempting diplomacy while Salazar circles around invisible. Justice and the others are covering Samail.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-08, 01:47 PM
without any interaction, they stay doing the same thing.

SamBurke
2013-02-08, 11:50 PM
How many turns have passed since my post? It'll take two rounds to get through that, and then I'll be ready to start casting DeBuffs.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-09, 12:08 AM
feel free to go, its not even in rounds yet, combat hasnt been initiated, as it seems as though the sherriff will have to take the first shot

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-09, 01:19 AM
The sheriff already rolled to hit and initiative in his post... in the spoiler.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-09, 03:02 AM
The sheriff already rolled to hit and initiative in his post... in the spoiler.

he rlled for if they "did something" not the acutal quote, but close enough. so im waiting to see if he consideres that "doing something"

Blade Conduit
2013-02-09, 03:07 PM
@Brass Dragon So.. Did you mean sal? Cuz Samial and sheriff are the same... And that would stink.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-09, 03:08 PM
He either meant Salazar or Justice. Both have cover and went before the outlaws.

Otherwise I think the sheriff just got gunned down in the street...

Blade Conduit
2013-02-09, 03:13 PM
I'll just do it here.. [roll0]
Either way I took 50 points of damage and didn't get a single shot off. So yay. I'm dying. And looking at vital strike I think you multiply just dice and then ad modifiers

Brass Dragon
2013-02-09, 04:47 PM
I'll just do it here.. [roll0]
Either way I took 50 points of damage and didn't get a single shot off. So yay. I'm dying. And looking at vital strike I think you multiply just dice and then ad modifiers

sorry bout that, 2 to sherrif, 2 to sal

and i already did your fire, since i dont think it killed you

also, as you saw, the first shot on sal missed due to cover

Chromascope3D
2013-02-10, 04:33 PM
I don't think you double vital strike damage, I think you just roll the dice again and add that to the total. You also don't add any bonuses to the second roll of damage.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/feats.html#_vital-strike

Brass Dragon
2013-02-10, 07:52 PM
I don't think you double vital strike damage, I think you just roll the dice again and add that to the total. You also don't add any bonuses to the second roll of damage.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/feats.html#_vital-strike

how ive always done it, so we'll call it a house rule, though no magical damage is multiplied, feel free to pick it up in the future.

if you want, i can reroll with the official rules, though if i were you id take advantage of this house-OP feat

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-10, 08:02 PM
Yeah, as soon as my BAB hits +6, I know I want that

Chromascope3D
2013-02-10, 10:13 PM
how ive always done it, so we'll call it a house rule, though no magical damage is multiplied, feel free to pick it up in the future.

if you want, i can reroll with the official rules, though if i were you id take advantage of this house-OP feat

Well, I mean, while it would do a lot for us against enemies, it also greatly increases the challenge of enemies that have it. Out of all three that shot at me, only one of them hit, yet it was still enough to take out 90% of my HP (I now have 2/37 HP). Not to mention that it took out the Sheriff in the first round of combat.

I dunno, I definitely see this as a party killer if we're ever caught unawares by any other group like this.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-10, 10:23 PM
They were shooting at me, not you

Brass Dragon
2013-02-10, 10:28 PM
They were shooting at me, not you
^^

this

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-11, 01:01 AM
So quick question to the fellow players. I can place a web on them. Basically means we can't shoot each other, at least until they work themselves out. So they will have some trouble getting away. It could be a good stall tactic, but is it worth doing it or should I just keep up the damage?

SamBurke
2013-02-11, 04:25 PM
So quick question to the fellow players. I can place a web on them. Basically means we can't shoot each other, at least until they work themselves out. So they will have some trouble getting away. It could be a good stall tactic, but is it worth doing it or should I just keep up the damage?

I need enough time to heal up our downed comrade. However, if you can keep shooting without me getting shot at, or him getting hit, I'm good with that.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-11, 04:50 PM
Woot!! Might still see combat!! Or at the very least not die.

SamBurke
2013-02-11, 05:09 PM
Woot!! Might still see combat!! Or at the very least not die.

I'm not very combat-optimized, so I think I'll be mostly handing out buffs and such.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-11, 05:13 PM
Just waiting for cdr. fallout to take his turn, and to find out if our resident witch was successful. So I guess salazar is delaying until right before the bandits.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-11, 05:30 PM
I'm not very combat-optimized, so I think I'll be mostly handing out buffs and such.

Yeah apparently I'm not very combat oriented either.:smalleek:

Brass Dragon
2013-02-11, 06:31 PM
nobody is combat optimized for 2 touch attacks to the face. dont worry, the enemies feel the same way

Chromascope3D
2013-02-11, 06:32 PM
I thought I already took my turn. :smallconfused:

Blade Conduit
2013-02-11, 06:35 PM
I definitely took my turn... I'm making sure they used the right kind of nails in the deck of the inn.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-11, 08:05 PM
ya, you went, cmd, but you're up again, so go

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-16, 02:26 AM
Justice, The lady, and Foresight need to go. :smallwink:

SamBurke
2013-02-16, 11:07 AM
Justice, The lady, and Foresight need to go. :smallwink:

I'm still on heal-stick duty.

How many hit points do I still ahve to heal?

Blade Conduit
2013-02-16, 11:13 AM
I'm at 23 and if I do lay on hands again it's another 2d6 so I will probably be ok.

SamBurke
2013-02-16, 11:23 AM
I'm at 23 and if I do lay on hands again it's another 2d6 so I will probably be ok.

OK. Should I move on to debuffing, then?

Blade Conduit
2013-02-16, 12:14 PM
Yeah I think I'll be alright now that we've worked em down.

SamBurke
2013-02-16, 01:02 PM
Alright, then. Do you want one last turn of healing?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-16, 01:16 PM
I think that would be a good idea unless you were nearly out.

Also, let me know when its time to drop the web. It is dismissable.

SamBurke
2013-02-16, 01:56 PM
I think that would be a good idea unless you were nearly out.

Also, let me know when its time to drop the web. It is dismissable.

Ok, I'll keep healing, then.

[roll0]

Chromascope3D
2013-02-18, 08:28 PM
Doom is a will save.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-18, 09:53 PM
i know, and i rolled aproppriately, just noted it wrong

Brass Dragon
2013-02-20, 04:29 PM
was it my turn? hard to keep track with the passive actions

Blade Conduit
2013-02-20, 04:33 PM
I did swift move- reload and move find cover.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-20, 04:36 PM
I think everyone went but lady haverford, and I think we may have lost her. She hasn't posted much...

Brass Dragon
2013-02-21, 12:25 PM
ok,then ill go, and hope that haverford comes in next round