PDA

View Full Version : Am Bored With Sterotypes!

silverwolfer
2013-01-19, 11:23 PM
Am really... really...really..bored with stereotypical builds :S , feed my brain something new, something delicious that I may have never considered for a game.

Flickerdart
2013-01-19, 11:29 PM
Someone's going to link the barbarian wizard thread, so I won't.

Instead, might I recommend Paladin 1/Blackguard 10/Nar Demonbinder 9? A servant of good falls to darkest evil and then enslaves the very creatures that seduced him to it. Very poetic.

Story
2013-01-19, 11:33 PM
What builds have you done before?

You could make Wolverine with Totemist Sphinx Claws + Troll Blooded or Warshaper for the healing factor.

silverwolfer
2013-01-19, 11:36 PM
To qualify to become a blackguard, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Alignment: Any evil.
Base Attack Bonus: +6.

Not sure on your build Mr Dog

I have done most the forum builds and I have tried a few independent ones that usual die becuase of a critical.

Venusaur
2013-01-19, 11:39 PM
To qualify to become a blackguard, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

I have done most the forum builds and I have tried a few independent ones that usual die becuase of a critical.

You can trade Paladin levels in for Blackguard levels.

Kazyan
2013-01-19, 11:40 PM
Dark Jermlaine Barbarian. Ferocity and Fox Spirit Totem ACFs, Dead Eye feat and a crossbow. Darkstalker. Int of at least 10 (You'll need a 12 before racial adjustments), then shove your skill points into Spot, Listen, Hide and Move Silently.

You are now a sniper. At close range. That no one can find. You're also the party scout and perception-monkey. As a Barbarian.

Kelb_Panthera
2013-01-19, 11:43 PM
It takes a fair amount of sifting, but there's some really unique stuff in the Iron Chef Optimization Challenge threads and the current one always has links to all the previous incarnations.

Eldest
2013-01-19, 11:43 PM
Be a psionic sandwich. (http://thestormwindfallacy.multiply.com/journal/item/76)

Sadly I don't have the barbarian wizard thread bookmarked, or I'd post that.

Juntao112
2013-01-19, 11:44 PM
Am really... really...really..bored with stereotypical builds :S , feed my brain something new, something delicious that I may have never considered for a game.

Better far to live and die under the brave black flag I fly
Than play a sanctimonious part with a pirate head and pirate heart! (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?327699-Shiver-Me-Timbers-It-s-Black-Jack-Wellesley!)

limejuicepowder
2013-01-19, 11:45 PM
Yeah I know what you mean. Every time I set out to make a martial character, they just end up being some variant of the ubercharger, cause that's basically the only way to do damage.

I recommend finding some obscure feat that lets you do weird stuff (tactical feats are great for this) and making a build around it.

Like right now, as I was writing that, I thought of trying to make a build based on elusive target, specifically the maneuver that makes one opponent hit another opponent. It would be awesome to have a melee character that didn't even need to attack, he would just trick his enemies in to hitting each other.

Invader
2013-01-20, 12:01 AM
Pixie or some other suitably tiny race; Bard, Skald, dragon disciple

Sing loud Viking songs about riding dragons in combat as you charge into melee.

Flickerdart
2013-01-20, 12:08 AM

Dog? That's a new one.

Anyway, an 11th level Paladin that falls can instantly trade in up to 10 of his old levels in for Blackguard levels, which gives him Summon Monster IV, which is what qualifies him for Nar Demonbinder. Very tidy.

Tvtyrant
2013-01-20, 12:42 AM
Dog? That's a new one.

Anyway, an 11th level Paladin that falls can instantly trade in up to 10 of his old levels in for Blackguard levels, which gives him Summon Monster IV, which is what qualifies him for Nar Demonbinder. Very tidy.

Actually I have no idea what your avatar is either...

I don't have any good suggestions. Maybe try playing a Petal Psion who compresses themselves down to fine size, and then uses their telekinesis powers while riding in the clothing of another player? This allows the other player to pretend to be a psion, and you use a maximized bluff check to convince others you are a button?

Invader
2013-01-20, 12:44 AM
Actually I have no idea what your avatar is either...

I always assumed it was a fly wearing colonial looking attire.

Aharon
2013-01-20, 12:46 AM
Neither do I. Some kind of insect, maybe? Google thinks it looks similar to lavinia van der boeren, (an NPC from the Crimson Tide adventure path), as well as dogs, an ape, a buddha, a rat and a backpack - among others.

Could you enlighten us, Flickerdart?

At OP:
Meditant is a very flavorful PrC that doesn't lag too far behind in power.

The-Mage-King
2013-01-20, 12:52 AM
Be a psionic sandwich. (http://thestormwindfallacy.multiply.com/journal/item/76)

Sadly I don't have the barbarian wizard thread bookmarked, or I'd post that.

Luckily, I do. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195049)

Also, Binders are just hipster Clerics. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197133)

silverwolfer
2013-01-20, 01:19 AM
good lord...that is...awesome.....but seems would be more fun doing it as a warblade.

Invader
2013-01-20, 01:43 AM
good lord...that is...awesome.....but seems would be more fun doing it as a warblade.

Which one? lol

Eldest
2013-01-20, 01:57 AM
I think he meant the barbarian wizard.

SowZ
2013-01-20, 02:41 AM
I always assumed it was a fly wearing colonial looking attire.

I figured some cross between the black plague doctor and a post apocolyptic survival suit ala Romantically Apocolyptic.

Telltale
2013-01-20, 02:43 AM
The Silent Bard?
the character never makes a dang sound
uses perform skills: miming and dance to communicate and use abilities.
something like: Bard 5-Cloaked Dancer 5-Dervish 10- I think that all works-plus a nice little character for fun in melee
this = fun!