PDA

View Full Version : Help finishing this cleric

Yuukale
2013-01-19, 11:30 PM
So folks, my current campaign came to a point where I have a chance to redo my character sheet. He's currently a swift hunter, but reading some threads I thought that it would fit him better to go Archer Cleric. But while building this baby I've hit some problems.

He has some restrictions though.
Must remain an Elf. Must keep the original ability scores (not that bad):

Current Level: 13
Str 10
Dex 23
Con 10
Int 14
Wis 18
Cha 8

What I thought of his new build (up to 20)

Deity: Solonor Thelandira
Cleric 5/ Seeker of the Misty Isle 10/Incantatrix 3/??? 2
Domains: War,Travel,Magic.
Divine Magician Variant

Feats:
1- Point Blank Shot
1- Weapon Focus (Longbow)
1- Extend Spell
3- Persistent Spell
6- Holy Warrior
9- Precise Shot
12- Knowledge Devotion
15- Rapid Shot
18- Improved Precise Shot
18 (incantatrix)- ?

I believe it could get better, way better. Should I go dweomerkeeper instead? What prc do you suggest to fill those 2 remaining levels? Just plain c. cleric?

as always, thanks in advance =D

andromax
2013-01-20, 02:14 AM
would you be able to switch your dex and wis, take Zen Archery so you'd be able to have 9th lvl spells...? actually give the 18 to your con, the 23 to your wis and a 10 dex.. wear some heavy armor.

Dex should be less of a priority than con, and wis... well it's a cleric right?

Esgath
2013-01-20, 04:01 AM
You can't take Incantatrix levels with your build. Furthermore, Incantatrix advances arcane spellcasting.

You could take Contemplative for a nice extra domain, you should automatically qualify.
If you take cloistered cleric(unearthed arcana), you get more skill points and the knowledge domain, which you can swap out for knowledge devotion and get +1-5 bonus on your hit and damage against certain foes. DMM quicken or persist for divine power to get your iteratives.

Yuukale
2013-01-20, 09:28 AM
I'm able to go Incantatrix because of Divine Magician.
It lets me add a wizard spell to my list at each new spell level.
I can't swap the abilities, that's not allowed.

Invader
2013-01-20, 09:46 AM
I'm able to go Incantatrix because of Divine Magician.
It lets me add a wizard spell to my list at each new spell level.
I can't swap the abilities, that's not allowed.

Doesn't that allow you cast a spell from the wizard list but you still cast it as a divine spell? I didn't think it qualified you as an arcane caster?

Yuukale
2013-01-20, 09:54 AM
hmmm... It lets me add a wizard spell to my cleric list. Perhaps I interpreted it wrong... :/

Invader
2013-01-20, 09:58 AM
I could def be wrong but I was always under the impression that's how it worked. Im sure someone else knows for sure.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-01-20, 10:33 AM
If you can spare the feat for Mounted Combat, a level of Prestige Paladin (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm#prestigePaladin), advancing whatever casting you've been advancing, using the Favoured Enemy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#paladin) variant you don't really loose anything, and in exchange you can gain some bonuses against aberrations, dragons, giants, monstrous humanoids, evil outsiders, or undead.

Don't take 2 levels, your charisma is abysmall and you loose a spell casting level.

Yuukale
2013-01-20, 10:52 AM
It'd be a hit on my caster levels. Prestige Paladin would only work for 3 levels tops. Favored enemy isn't interesting cuz I could swap my cleric's turn undead to destroy undead and then get a new pool with the paladin's. thus fueling DMM persistent if I take it.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-01-20, 11:02 AM
Prestige Paladin only stacks with your Cleric levels for Turn Undead power, it doesn't give you a second pool. We can still trade it away because the ability NAME is identical to the ACF. 1 level of Prestige Paladin means that you don't loost ANY spellcasting levels, 3 means you loose 1 spellcasting level.

Unless you have that feat from Dragon Compendium (Serenity?) that lets you use Wisdom in place of Charisma, only a single level is worth it due to your low charisma score.

Yuukale
2013-01-20, 08:29 PM
yup, that's the point.

But, other than 1 level of prestige paladin, any other suggestions?

docnessuno
2013-01-20, 08:37 PM
Considering you don't use Divine metamagic, is there any reason you picked persistent spell at level 3? You won't be able to persist anything before level 13, so swapping it with knowledge devotion would help you in the lower levels.

As already pointed out incantatrix progress only arcane casting, and divine magician adds the arcane spells to your list (so you treat them as divine spells for all purposes). You also miss the ability to cast 3rd level arcane spells and the iron will feat to qualify for it.

Gavinfoxx
2013-01-20, 08:40 PM
Have you seen this?

http://dictummortuum.blogspot.com/2011/08/quickstart-cleric-archer.html