PDA

View Full Version : need some help here with class/ race ideas

deadeyedan65
2013-01-20, 12:26 PM
i travel alot for work with my DM. he wants to start a solo game for me called monstermadness. I i choose a monster with a CR no higher than 10, and i start normal human, and shortly discover (quite painfully according to him) that i can transform into said creature. i get all stats, and characteristics of of the creature. its will be a hybrid of 3.5 and D20 modern (mostly just for guns and cars etc,) but will be doing all stats and combat 3.5. i want a creature that has multiple arms and can wield multiple fire arms and designate and attack multiple targets without too many negatives. also melee is a must but the ranged ability is my main focus. any ideas?

inexorabletruth
2013-01-20, 01:12 PM
It sounds like you want a thri-kreen to me.

Other options include:

Athach: Huge CR8 SRD
Avolokia: Large CR10 MM2, pg 28
Balhannoth: Large CR10 MM4, pg 15
Deepspawn: Large CR 8 MofF, pg 32
Spellweaver: Medium CR 10, MM2 pg. 187
Elder Xorn: Large CR 8 SRD
Nycolath Yugoloth: Large CR10, MM3 203
Yugoloth: Voor, Dreadful Lasher: CR9, MM4 pg 193
A nigh endless array of constructs with multi-headed, multi-arm templates.

That should give you a running head start. Not all these will be exactly what you're looking for, but I gave you page references so you could do your own homework.

Happy hunting.

deadeyedan65
2013-01-20, 01:44 PM
well he said no constructs but i was think about maybe an arrow demon... thoughts?

Urpriest
2013-01-20, 02:34 PM
well he said no constructs but i was think about maybe an arrow demon... thoughts?

That depends on how your DM is doing firearms. If they use the same rules as bows, then you might get use out of an Arrow Demon. An Arrow Demon's abilities would have somewhat odd interactions with weapons that you could actually use Multiweapon Fighting with, so you'd have to get some sort of dedicated verdict from your DM about how those things work.

I'm going to second Nycaloth. Good physicals, useful SLAs, flight, four arms. Quite a solid option.