PDA

View Full Version : The fallen Empire of Bleshei

Devmaar
2013-01-20, 05:19 PM
You're just getting off a ship in the port town Wisphil.
An official looking man stops you as you step onto the port
Welcome to Wisphil miss. My name is Cochi, I'll be doing the paperwork for your entry to our fine nation of Hessguard, the richest state of old Bleshei. If you'll come this way. Cochi leads you to a small office and takes a form to a standing desk.
Your name, please

Generic Game Stuff
1 gold gob = 4 silver tat | 1 silver tat = 11 bronze kef | 1 bronze kef = 17 copper cenn

lawnchaircrisis
2013-01-20, 07:26 PM
Lynne I. Dwyer.

Devmaar
2013-01-20, 07:48 PM
Thank you miss Dwyer. Now, your profession?

OOC: This is where you choose your skills and talent. If you could post a spoiler with all your stats, that would be cool :smallsmile:

lawnchaircrisis
2013-01-20, 08:05 PM
Profession?
W-well...I have been known to dabble in this and that.
I was once an assistant in a library. . . . and I have worked under a doctor for a few years... I suppose you'd call me an academic?

Warrior: 1 Mage: 6 Rogue: 3 Talent: Channeller Skills: Alchemy, Herbalism, Thievery. HP: 7/7 Def: 6 Mana: 10/10 Fate: 3

Devmaar
2013-01-20, 08:15 PM
Very good. Finally, you'll need to declare your possessions.

OOC: I'm assuming you didn't actually tell the dude you're a thief :smalltongue:

lawnchaircrisis
2013-01-20, 08:34 PM
Nothing much.

*opens backpack*

Just an old book and some food.

Warrior: 1 Mage: 6 Rogue: 3 Talent: Channeller Skills: Alchemy, Herbalism, Thievery. HP: 7/7 Def: 8 Mana: 10/10 Fate: 3 Inventory: Leather armor (def +2 AP 1) Lab scalpel (1d6-2) Leather bound spellbook Spells: Entropic blast (1d6-2) Spark of Magnesium Backpack, Lock pick, Rations (7 days).
2 Tat 15 Kef 17 Cenn

OOC Do you /really/ think I'd tell him that? :P

Devmaar
2013-01-20, 09:01 PM
All done, here's your papers. he takes a scroll, stamps a seal on it and hands it to you. You'll have to register with the Magister's Academy if you want to use magic in the city, or any other city in Hessguard, and with the Adventurer's Guild if plan on doing any mercenary work. Do you need any directions?

lawnchaircrisis
2013-01-20, 09:04 PM
*places scroll into backpack*

Yes, urmm...where is this Magister's Academy?

Devmaar
2013-01-20, 09:23 PM
Head out of the harbour and turn right, stay on the main road until you reach the market. The large stone building you can see across the square is the courthouse. The buildings to either side are the Guild and the Academy. The Magister's Academy symbol is a quill next to a star.

lawnchaircrisis
2013-01-21, 06:54 PM
Thank you for the directions.

I follow the route he described, stopping at the market to look for a weapons merchant.

Devmaar
2013-01-21, 07:07 PM
Three of the stalls currently set up seem to be weapons traders:
A half-elf with turquoise hair is rearranging a display of swords, her stall also has a few bows and axes, and one large mace. Another, very attractive half-elf is selling a halberd to a paladin while a group of half-orcs look at his impressive selection of daggers. Finally a somewhat stocky halfling is haggling over a fancy-looking warhammer with a woman in a purple robe, his stall has an array of hammers and swords.

You can easily see the Courthouse, Magister's Academy and Adventurer's Guild.

lawnchaircrisis
2013-01-21, 07:50 PM
I stand a few feet away from the halfings stall, waiting until the woman in the purple robe leaves to approach him.

(Mumbles)
Hey...er...know where I can buy...some...urmm...firearms?

lawnchaircrisis
2013-01-21, 07:56 PM
[roll0]

Devmaar
2013-01-21, 08:01 PM
The halfling doesn't seem to hear you, but after a minute or two a child wanders past you and drops something into your bag.

lawnchaircrisis
2013-01-21, 08:15 PM
I look around to see if anyone noticed this and also check for guards within sight

Devmaar
2013-01-21, 08:21 PM
There are two guards standing outside the courthouse, as well as 3 or 4 wandering the square, no-one seems to be paying you any attention.

lawnchaircrisis
2013-01-21, 08:23 PM
I walk into an empty side street to look at the item left in my bag

Devmaar
2013-01-21, 08:28 PM
All the streets leading directly from the marketplace seem pretty busy

lawnchaircrisis
2013-01-21, 08:44 PM
Unable to find a quiet side road, I search for the nearest tavern.

Devmaar
2013-01-22, 10:36 AM
The Cackling Wyvern Inn is visible just off the square, if you enter you find a boisterous environment, patrons are shouting, there are a number of dice games going on, 3 barmaids carry trays of drinks and snacks around the room, a bard stands on a small stage in the corner playing a lute and singing. The walls are decorated with painted shields. A lanky human man stands behind the bar talking to a Gnome. A very pale figure sits at the other end of the bar with several empty glasses next to him, he's sipping a dark liquid from a tall, narrow glass. Seemingly ignoring the rowdy atmosphere, an elf in ornate armour sits beside the wall having a meal.

As you enter, a scuffle breaks out as a a couple of goblins accuse a half-elf of cheating at dice.

lawnchaircrisis
2013-01-22, 05:36 PM
I stay away from the scuffle, not wanting to draw any attention to myself as I walk through to the bar.
Upon reaching the bar I ask the human for the cheapest ale and then sit at the far end of the bar, away from the pale figure.

I take out the item the child dropped into my bag.

Devmaar
2013-01-22, 06:09 PM
It's a note wrapped round a wooden disc with a symbol carved into it. As you unwrap the note the barman slams a tankard down next to you
That'll be 6 cenn, if you please

Assuming you pay him, he returns to conversation with the gnome, but not before serving the pale figure another drink.

The note reads:
Go to Ayre Street, in the merchant district. Find the door that matches the disc and push the disc through the slot, along with a kef.

lawnchaircrisis
2013-01-23, 06:46 AM
OOC: Of course I paid him :P

I take a swing of the cheap ale and pocket the note and disc before calling the man behind the bar over to quietly ask:

'Ey, do you..err...know where Ayre Street is?

Devmaar
2013-01-23, 09:25 AM
Aye, but you don't want to be going to that part of town, particularly not at this time

It is getting towards late evening

lawnchaircrisis
2013-03-10, 03:11 PM
What is it about this Ayre Street that has you warning people off?

Devmaar
2013-03-10, 03:56 PM
It's not a place for tourists. Or anyone who looks like they've got more money that combat skill.

lawnchaircrisis
2013-03-10, 04:43 PM
Do I look like I fit both those profiles?

Well if I'm to wait til morning do you have any rooms to rent for the night?

Devmaar
2013-03-10, 06:32 PM
Well you asked about Ayre street, so at least one out of two.

It's 1 kef for the night and another for dinner and breakfast. Drink's extra.

lawnchaircrisis
2013-03-11, 10:57 AM
Hands over 2 kef and 6 cenn

I'll take it and another of these... gestures to drink in hand.

OOC: How late is it?

Devmaar
2013-03-11, 11:05 AM
Arbitrarily gonna say sunset

lawnchaircrisis
2013-03-11, 11:37 AM
I spend the next half hour simply sipping ale (assuming my tankard was refilled after I paid him) and half heartedly listening to the bard on stage.

Having spared a few glances over at the pale figure also at the bar I wait for the barman to walk past and ask in a low voice 'Er..who's that?' Sightly nodding my head in the direction of the man.

Devmaar
2013-03-28, 04:24 PM
The bard isn't particularly talented, but he at least knows some fairly catchy tunes.

As he serves you a bowl of fish stew and some bread the bartender looks across at the figure,
Sano? He's just a harmless old vampire. Harmless, don't you worry about him love.

lawnchaircrisis
2013-04-01, 08:38 AM
'A Vampire?'

I look Sano up and down and shrug.

'Right, it's getting late, can you show to my room?'

Devmaar
2013-04-01, 03:18 PM
"Oh he don't harm no-one. Through there, up the stairs, second on the left."

He points to a door

lawnchaircrisis
2013-05-01, 02:55 PM
'Thankyou' I mumble while making my way to the room.

Upon entering it I abandon my belongings to the floor and, not even bothering to change, go straight to the bed.

'Didn't realise I was this tired' I barely finish the sentence before falling asleep