PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Berabos, Apocalyptic Magic

Duboris
2013-01-20, 09:59 PM
So I recently finished a campaign, and it was retrieved with great avail. Lovely enough, I've decided to make another campaign about the events that take place in the magically ravaged world of Berabos.

Long story short, the players start out in Topio, the only place that isn't affected by magic. Prior to the "Calamity" that takes place, magic doesn't exist, and hasn't ever existed.

"The Calamity" is the 11 gods of the world touching down in their respective domains with destructive force. This also blessed the world with magic.

The downside is that Topio was in a crater, and didn't belong to a domain. The shockwave of magic that sweeped the world missed them entirely, save for destroying any structures that poked out of said crater.

Here is a picture of the results, although it's more artistic than it is "to scale."

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7894/updatedberabos.jpg

Right. So there's that. The crater in question is where they start, and the area has 4 elevators. North, East, South, and West. I figure that they'll most likely head east first. Keep in mind however that the map they're handed is not the same as the map you see, and is instead, the same map without all the fancy little bits added.

They do not know that every domain is elementally infused with their respective god, or that the gods touched down. They stayed all nice and snug in their little hole for a solid 10 years, and are completely ignorant to the outside world.

I figure that with the map they have, they'll either go to the closest place, Ashira, or, less likely, Zashi, Zenrad, or Exodus.

Any suggestions? The thing I'm wondering is what kind of monsters to place in a "Domain of Balance" which is dominated by nothing but Apex predators, such as dragons, owlbears, manticores, chimeras, and wyverns. It's a very foresty place.

Feel free to ask questions. The more I line this out, the better.