PDA

View Full Version : Hold The Watchtower! and other frontier heroics

tardisvalkyrie
2013-01-21, 10:54 AM
lets begin withintroductions

TwelvePointFive
2013-01-21, 09:03 PM
A young man came walking out of the forest. His long dark hair was unwashed, and his lower face was covered in what looked to be nearly a weeks worth of whiskers. He wore a dark green cloak, carried a sword by his side, and a heavy-looking longbow across his back, along with various packs and things secured to his belt and pouches. He appeared quite ladened with burdens.
As far as the hunting goes, it was a good trip, he thought, furrowing his brows, an expression that seemed to come naturally to him, his green eyes staring off in the distance. Those fleeing animals might have provided easy targets, but I don't like it one bit... Something was maKing them run, and I bet it was orcs... Bloody orcs, always harrasing peaceful creatures. His frown had turned into a full on scowl.
With the afternoon sun at his back, he approached the palisades of the town. He aways travelled westwards on these forrays, save for a single time he'd ventured north for weeks. The tundra was truly a sight to behold, but something about the forests cept calling him back.

whovian4life
2013-01-21, 10:10 PM
a young half-elf leaves the temple, for the first time in three years, she leaves toward the palisade, to sign on with the guard, she carries a sword at he hip and a shield on her arm. a sword to match her bastard heritage, she thinks tittering. she was granted a vision, a warning, of the red dawn in the west. and she would honor this by helping, the guard can always use healing and another blade, and she would supply both, "whatever gathers in the west, let it know the might of the morning-lord stands in its way" she says, almost to herself as she walks into the headquarters of the palisade.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-22, 02:11 AM
A hobgoblin emerged from the general store, and two townsfolk that had stopped to chat immediately decided to finish later. Taking off with a strong stride, the hobgoblin who shaved his head only shook it slightly in disappointment. Wearing no clothes above his waste, he slung a sack over his ripped shoulders and began to head eastward to his home. As he walked the streets, villagers all found reason to cross the street or go inside as he walked by.

Baradox was no fool, he was aware of the racism. It was not his culture, he knew that. He could understand that they viewed him as a outsider. That they naturally distrusted him. He did not hold it against them, even though they held so much against him. But that did not mean he liked it. He frowned unhappily, and it was amplified with the scar on the left side of his face. It made him look almost hostile.

"Stop right there ya no good theif!!!" Cried a human male in his mid forties.
Sighing, the hobgoblin slowly stopped and turned as the man hobbled towards him.
"Mr. Henderson, a pleasure as always. But as I have explained on several other days, I did not steal this food. I traded it legally and fairly."
"Ya damn Liar! I bet you murdered poor ms. Wilcox."
"I can assure you, Misses Wilcox is quite fine. She appreciates the firewood I bring her on cold nights, and returns the favor with her bread. I have taken nothing."
"Damn gobbys ain't nothing but LIARS!!!" The drunken man screamed, throwing a poorly aimed punch. Baradox easily sided stepped it. With his training, it was very slow. He is much drunker than normal. It is not even noon yet... Dropping his sack, he moved with lightning speed. Baradox grabbed Mr. Henderson's arm and whipped him to his knees. The man began swinging wildly with his other arm. Barely missing the swings, the hobgoblin quickly put the man in a sleeper hold. He was drunk, and would pass out quickly. It was the only way to escape the man's anger today. Well, I almost made it past the palisade... Only another 50 ft and I would have slipped past him...

ProudGrognard
2013-01-22, 02:48 AM
Pyrhos

Pyrhos woke up with a start, as Mr. Brownmer 's cart next door hit the corner 's cobblestones. Regular as clockwork, Mr. Brownmer. This had been Pyrhos' morning waking call for the last six months.

Pyrhos woke up and massaged his tired eyes. He had never been a morning person, but the last three days had been frantic. With a frown, he noticed that he hadn't even washed the coffee percolator last night, before he collapsed in his bed. He had been that tired. Either way, it was inexcusable.

As Pyrhos begun his lengthy process of grooming (pants cleaning, fresh shirt, careful hair brushing, shaving), he again replayed within his powerful memory his recent findings. In the last week, his infusions had been going slightly wrong. Pyrhos, a very methodical man when it came to his work, had labored hard to find what was at fault. Finally, after several days of analysis, he figured it out. The water had a slight taint, which needed adjustment. Originally very pure, it now contained Caput Mortuus, Alkali Regis and Antimony. That was worrying, very worrying indeed. Finding a way to recalcinate the binding schemata had taken a whole night of work. Coupled with his regular visits as Doctor, this had drained Pyrhos' time and stamina. But now, Pyrhos was ready. And someone needed to be told.

His mind made up, he looked himself in the small mirror. A thin, tall half orc with very human black eyes and a flat nose looked back. Well dressed in traditional black pants and tight doublet, accompanied with a laced shirt, a stylish brimmed hat and his customary brown- beige cloak and pin, Pyrhos looked every inch the respectable doctor. Satisfied, he put on his supple gloves and wore his satchel.

Pyrhos strolled out of his small house, nodding to Mrs. Stonewheat on the opposite door. A guarded nod was his reply. Since he had helped her with her coughing fits, Mrs. Stonewheat had gone from fearfully scandalized to guardedly accepting.Pyrhos started walking in the direction of the palisade. He had only met Captain Harsk once, when a guard had broken his arm. That would have to do. Water supply was very important.

iTookUrNick
2013-01-22, 03:44 AM
Lucius
On the eastern road, walking quietly but purposely, a small hooded figure makes his way towards the small village of Kinefti. A birdlike lizard is circling and swooping in the air around him. The man can see the "defensive" structures from afar, but he is far from impressed, as he was raised in an impregnable magical tower, and has seen the mightiest among the magical academies of the world. Still, he walks to join the defenders.

It has been two weeks since Longstrider, the ranger who saved his life as a child, enlisted his aid for the village. Two weeks of travel, and more and more he is feeling the brooding currents in the aether, the taint of conjuration gone amiss, blowing strong from the mountains. They must be the reason his mentor, a Good woman and wizard if ever there was one, declined to come and lend a hand. Beyond her calm appearance, her voice had shown a tinge of fear. Fear! Her! Was he completely insane in going where his mentor would not?

With such a somber thought in his mind, Lucius approaches a small gathering of young armed men (humanoids, really) near one of the palisade breaches. He pulls his hood back, hoping, probably in vain, to appear friendlier than a cloaked mysterious stranger. He is already past his prime, older than the band of young and foolish boys in front of him: does that make him a foolish old man? He hopes not.

His age is starting to show on his now exposed face, a freckled affair with hawk-like features surrounded by a throng of auburn hairs. His copperish eyes always make an impression, rarely positive, so he tries not to stare at people. No horns on his forehead, thankfully, to remind people of his fiendish heritage. That particular job is left to his stumped bat-wings and sinuous tail, that he tries to mask under his clothes.

He recognize, from the description made to him by Longstrider, one of the men standing there: he is a ranger himself, laden with weapons and prey, probably returning from a hunting trip. Without visible hurry, he introduces himself:

"Mr. Blacksmith, I assume? A pleasure to make your acquaintance, my name is Lucius, Lucius Brimstone actually, but please call me Lucius... Ahem... A very good friend of mine, who goes by the nickname of Longstrider (surely you know him, don't you?), told me of the plight this village finds itself into, and thus I came to help. Would you terribly mind to introduce me to the captain of the militia, so that I might offer him my services? Oh, did I mention that I am a Wizard? Well, I am. A wizard of little renown, sadly, but a wizard nonetheless. I'd offer to help you carry some of those dead animals you are holding, but I have troubling lifting anything more than my pants in the morning. Please forget i said that last bit... So, the captain?"

It is done: his name, his abilities, his request, everything important has been said in one, almost painful breath. He will not win any prizes for his speech, that is a given with his secluded upbringing and awkward personality, but that does not matter to him. When things get serious Logic, not Pathos, will sustain his words. Hopefully, that is.
Meanwhile, at the Ancient Academy of Wizardry ans Spellcraft:
"I told you: we are not in the habit of divulging information about our students" wimpers the librarian under the stern gaze of the men in front of him, retreating farther and farther within his cushioned chair.
"And I told you: I am not in the habit of being refused". Lex ''Burn'' Legis, witch hunter and demon hater, is actually enjoying this. Having retired from active duty half a century before, he missed the sight of arcane bookworms squirming at his sight. However, he cannot draw this out an further. He needs information on his quarry: born unto a Witch that he burned at the stake, this devilspawn misteriously vanished before his execution. That was the only spot in an otherwise flawless career as the scourge of the heavens, and could sometime keep him awake at night. It came as no surprise then when, having finally heard news of a wizard matching his description studying in this academy, he decided to take up again the mantle of the Inquisitor and finish what he had started long ago.
"Nobody needs to know it was you who told me about it. Nobody will" he says, almost soothlingly. Then, more sternly: "You do not want to make an enemy out of me. I am the Law, and while the blood of heavens flows in my veins, today I am an Arbiter, for the man I seek has cheated death of her just prize and she requires reparation!"
That is too much for the poor librarian. He caves, nodding and almost sobbing but relieved that this man will soon depart.
"Good. I will need you to fetch me a magic item he crafted. Anything will do"
"But...but... that's impossible. Not that I do not want to give it to you, mind you! I just do not know if there is any, or where to find it..."
The words annoy Lex, but the Scourge of Haven is not so easily twarted.
"Well, that means we have some serious work ahead of us, you and I..."
The face of the librarian is by itself reward of his efforts. He will not fail.

TwelvePointFive
2013-01-22, 11:17 AM
As he reached the wooden gates of the palisades, John spotted a gathering of young men of about his own age standing around. He walked over to them, threw back the hood of his cloak, and depositted some of his load on the ground besides him. As he tried to get an update what had happened in town while he had been trekking, his face softened somewhat, and he chatted with the others for a while, untill he heard someone approach him from behind. What greeted him was the sight of a seemingly harmless, if rather nervous stranger. He noted the shifty, coppery gaze, and narrowed his eyes, warning himself to be on his guard.
As the stranger opened his mouth and introduced himself however, John's expression quickly went from suspicious, to pleasantly suprised at the mention of Longstrider, and at the amount of words Lucius could manage to speak, seemingly without breathing. He extended a barked and tanned fist in greeting, the skin tanned and leathery, with all the grime of two weeks of living in the wilds on it. "Pleased to meet you. Like you guessed, I'm John Blacksmith, and please, call me John." He said with a wry smile. He grabbed his packs from the ground without too much effort, evidence to his work in the smithing and training with weapons. "Of course I'll introduce you to the catain. I had something to tell him anyways, as it seems all the animals are fleeing the mountains. the frown was back in place on his face. "By this time of day, he is usually down by the headquarters on the other side of the gates." He walked off, and indicated for Lucius to follow. So you know Longstrider? 'Been a while since we've seen him out here, he just muttered something about a threat and then up and dissappeared one morning. I think it was around two moons ago. I've been wondering what he was up to."

whovian4life
2013-01-22, 12:00 PM
i run out past the headquarters of the palisade, calling a quick "Harsk, im signing up to man the wall, but, i just heard that the ranger is coming back soon, I'm gonna go say hi and see if he needs me to fix him up Again!" I say shirking at the captain as i pass, how the ranger can lighten my mood, as he always does, is a mystery that the sages of men and elves cannot bear to ponder, i think it has something to do with the fact that i am a healer, and i need to try to give him some happiness, as he seems to lack it so often, i run through the field and climb up to the top of the tower, only to see the ranger in conversation with a mysterious figure. i leap down and run out the gate of the palisade, sprinting toward the ranger, "so, did you bring back some food, cause i could go for some moose flank, do you need healing, cause im off duty, but i could make an exception if you have some-what the hell are you" i scream as i draw level with the ranger and the figure, and see beneath its cloak, i brandish my shield (which is also my holy symbol) and draw my sword, placing it at his throat "begone demon, in the name of lathander" i scream look to the ranger and ask "why were you speaking with this filth instead of killing it?"

iTookUrNick
2013-01-22, 01:13 PM
The joviality and friendliness of the ranger is a pleasant surprise. Apparently, Longstrider is a big shot around here, and well loved too. Lucius relaxes a little, and his speech slows as well:
"So, the animals flee? Well, they must have more sense than we do, considering the influx of dark magic polluting the aether is coming from that direction. Can't you feel it? Did Longstrider warn you?

Anyway, I've known him for a very long while, even before he came to this town a century ago, and he has known me from even longer, for he saved me as a newborn and found me a good home.

So, imagine my joy and surprise to see him two weeks ago, when I returned home after a journey of my own from the Imperial Academy of Magic. I found him there, discussing with my mentor: he wanted her to come and help defend the city against this rising Evil, and she wanted to convince the people to flee their homes in the face of the still unknown threat.

For my part, I could not be happier to finally start repaying him for what he did, so I assured him of my own support. I believe he was doing a tour of all his old acquaintances, trying to enlist them as well. Considering he must be at least a few centuries old, this might still take a while. Hopefully, he will manage to convince some more before thing turn sour."

One elf approaches them. He courteously introduces himself as a local fighter and arcane practitioner. He seems friendly, happy to meet someone who shares his love for magic, and they exchange pleasantries.

The conversation is interrupted by a vibrant, enthusiast, but more than anything LOUD young woman in full battle gear coming festively in their direction. Lucius is about to greet this newcomer when he find himself on the ground, held at swordpoint. Too late he recognize the design of the shield: the holy symbol of Lathander, lord of the morning. He would sigh, if he were not afraid to graze his throat on the blade doing so.

"Please, stay your blade, I am not your enemy! In fact, I've come to help you! Really! You must believe me, I... help, John?" croaks Lucius, shaken by the vehemence of the young cleric. The friendliness of the ranger made him forget to be careful among strangers, but he will not repeat the mistake anytime soon.

Thattaman
2013-01-22, 04:21 PM
Taleth approaches the group and bows as he greets them. "Greetings, my name is Taleth Cadrel, I have lived in this town for near fifty years and it would be a great honour to help defend with the skills I have learnt." He turns to Lucius, "I too am a mage of sorts, I am also learned in the arts of sword fighting and some archery." When the man jumps on Lucius, he pulls him off, unsheathing his blade. "I demand that you let my good friend Lucius up and do not harm him, he has not done anything to hurt you."

TwelvePointFive
2013-01-22, 05:15 PM
When he noticed Iradli approaching during his comversation with Lucius, John had to repress a sigh. He berated himself, though. The priest was well-meaning, and sort of likeable, if in a slightly too chipper way. He was about to greet her, and say something about him not having been hurt, but wanting to give some of the deer he'd shot anyway, when she drew her sword all of a sudden, and started threathening Lucius, who promtly covered. Oh. Right. He'd forgotten about that. He supposed he should have been more suspicious of someone with obvious ties to the demons, but he couldn't bring himself to judge someone solely on behalf of their ancestry. With a few noticeable exceptions, of course. Murdering filth, those exceptions were. Also, he had mentioned Longstrider, a man whom he knew to know right from wrong, and this had done much to warm him to the stranger.
Out loud, in a level tone, he said "Hello Iradli. I think you should lower your blade. I understand the sentiment behind your wish for immediate and violent action, though I don't share it in this instance. There are certainly those within the city, "filth" as you aptly name it, whom, if I came across them in the wilds, I'd kill without a second thought, savage scum as they are. It is argued that they deserve the benefit of the doubt. Shouldn't this apply to my new acquaintance as well, if it does to orcs and worse? He doesn't seem very hostile, does he?" When Taleth arrived, and had announced his intentions, John said "Also, it seems that there are those who wish to defend him. I beg you to stay your vengeance, as I stay mine." as an afterthought, he added "If for nothing else then for the sake of stability in the community"

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-22, 05:26 PM
After a slight struggle, Mr. Henderson finally passed out. Sighing in relief, Baradox caught the man before he fell down. Being as careful as he could, he dragged the unconscious man into some shade. When he awoke, it would likely be near dusk and he would be near sober enough to appreciate not being left in the sun all day. Still frowning, he gathered his sack filled with bread and continued on his way.

To his dismay however, before he could pass the palisades, he came upon another group that seemed to be fighting. Rubbing his right temple, he quickly observed the scene. It appeared one of them had some sort minor and well concealed demonic heritage. Another seemed to be offended by that. Imagine that, hating another simply based on his race...how unusual he thought sarcastically.

Still frowning, he approached the group at a normal pace. "Gentlemen. Ma'am. There are laws in this town. You cannot just start attacking someone. I would suggest everyone here put their weapon away and calm down."

The_Admiral
2013-01-22, 05:31 PM
John Westwood walks into town, the wooden walls and gates a familiar sight now that he decided to stay awhile. Upon entry he notices a half elf in religious paraphernalia holding a small man at swordpoint.

He raises his blunderbuss shouting, HEY, NO FIGHTING!

iTookUrNick
2013-01-22, 07:10 PM
Lucius did not expect such a response from those around him. He has been in the capital, and experienced what they call racial tolerance but feels more like complete indifference. Here, at the edge of civilization, men act on their beliefs, and apparently in this town folks believe in giving people a chance before brutally murdering them.

The young woman in front of him seems to waver against such a response from the public, so Lucius braves some soothing words himself:
"Child, temper your anger and hear the words of those around you. I applaud your dedication and appreciate your vigor, for it will serve this town well. However, I fear your young age has played a trick on you. Prey tell me, how many Tieflings have you met in your life, that you pass judgment so easily? I'd be surprised if I were not the first, as we are few and far between. You still see the world in black and white, angels and demons, good and evil. In fact, the real world is mostly shades of gray, while black and white are exceedingly rare. With time you will come to realize the truth of my worlds." Or not, for some never learn, but he does not say that aloud.

tardisvalkyrie
2013-01-22, 07:27 PM
Harsk, the captain of the guard comes running at the group, screaming "Iradli, Iradli, what are you doing girl!" he pulls her off and looks her in the eyes, saying calmly "girl, if yer gonna man the walls, yer gonna have to curb yer enthusiasm. this man is guilty of no crime except undesirable ancestry, you must wish you had a proper father, rather than the deadbeat you had. i wish i didn't have uncle myrtok, who was caught trying to mate a manticor and a delver to create a subterranean horror to attack drow, and i believe he is not proud of his dark heritage, so stand down, and if he proves to be a threat, I'll bash his skull in myself."

whovian4life
2013-01-22, 08:03 PM
Iradli offers the small demon ancestored-man her hand, saying "sorry friend, you are the first tiefling I've met, and you can't be blamed for you ancestry" she turns toward harsk "yes i would like to sign on with the guard, im sorry for my hastiness in attacking an ally of the town. in the future i will always weigh my actions more carefully." and finally she turns to the group and says "so, I'm signing on to the palisade, anyone else wanna, i will probably get lonely out here for so long on my own, i could use a friend" she looks pointedly at the ranger, batting her eyelashes. :biggrin:

iTookUrNick
2013-01-22, 08:37 PM
Lucius accepts the woman's hand, more than a bit relieved. He dusts off his clothes, and his tail darts out of his breeches to retrieve a scroll that fell on the ground during this confrontation and put it back in his backpack.

"Apology accepted. I suppose this is a way like any other to break the ice between fellow militants...".

Then, to the captain: "I suppose we could do away with a formal introduction, considering the ruckus I caused must have been clearly audible from ten paces away. In any case, my name is Lucius, and I hope to be of service to you and your town. While not much of a combattant myself, i'm sure your other man will come to appreciate my presence here".
"And should you find yourself with a little spare time to relax, I would love to hear more about your uncle Myrtok. He sounds like a delightfully ingenious man" he adds, mirth in his voice.

tardisvalkyrie
2013-01-22, 09:48 PM
Harsk turns to the group and says "well, looks like i got two recruits, any other takers." he turns to the ranger, saying "it would offer a chance to slay orcs by the dozen, with lessened threat of death, as you would have backup" he turns to the magus and says "you could hone both the arcane and martial arts in such a place" he turns to the alchemist and says " it would give you many test subjects and targets for you concoctions benign and malicious" he turns to MR. westwood and says "nothing like target practice to hone yer skill, and there ain't no better targets than goblins, the run fast, are small, and squeal when they're hit", and finally her turns to baradox and says "here is an opertunity to be know for you skills, not your parentage, and when your parentage is called into question at the palisade, they don't take it so bad if you punch their lights out"

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-22, 10:12 PM
The hobgoblin shrugs at the captains offer. He was a sly one. "It matters not to me what others think. However when the time comes, I would help defend this town regardless. So if I am not expected to wear armor or a uniform, you have my aid."

The_Admiral
2013-01-23, 01:16 AM
Westwood puts away his gun grinning and saying, Well, I did come out here looking for interesting work. This seems interesting enough. I'm in.

ProudGrognard
2013-01-23, 01:34 AM
Pyrhos

Pyrhos came late into the scene, his walk a bit leisurely. On the way, he saw from a distance Mr. Henderson provoke the hobgoblin monk again, and stopped to slip the now unconscious drunk a leaf of paratheria under the tongue, so that his headache would be manageable when he woke up. Mr. Henderson always knew who did these things for him.

Arriving at the palisade, Pyrhos is surprised to see a rather unusual convergence of people, some with weapons drawn. Iradli he knew, that girl 's temper and friendship equally bright. John Westwood he had met when they briefly discussed about his ammunition. Nervously checking the fit of his gloves, he very cautiously approaches when the dwarven captain diffused the situation. And, as is his want, he ended up with a group of semi- strangers in close proximity, with nothing to say. Well, introductions were in order, apparently.

" I am Pyrhos Stylicho, Doctor of Chymistry and Medicine, at your service" Small bow. "I am not sure for what are we joining up, but there is something, captain, which is urgent I talk with you about. It concerns the safety of this town. If I am not mistaken, some of these gentlemen have distressingly similar news. Perhaps we should adjourn somewhere to put our knowledge together?"

Pyrhos' cultivated and deep voice seems strange when coming out from the tall, thin half orc. He then unconsciously takes a mint out of a small box and starts chewing it, waiting for a response. Soon, the mint 's smell mingles with that of spice, sulfur and flowers surrounding Pyrhos.

iTookUrNick
2013-01-23, 03:30 AM
"Likewise, doctor. A pleasure." Ah, some manners at last, balancing the rustic flavor of some of the locals.

"The captain here is worried about the next goblin raid and is forming a permanent militia to protect the town. That seems to be the most pressing concern.

However, as I was discussing with Mr. Blacksmith here, we did detect clues about some strange happenings in the west. For my part, I feel a dark magical gathering towards the mountain, and if you were to tell me that Evil is brewing in the west I would believe you.

Indeed, perhaps it would be best to share news and discuss tactics somewhere."

TwelvePointFive
2013-01-23, 05:20 AM
John was glad that the conflict had been resolved. As always, the half-elf threw him slightly off-kilter. He stared at her for a moment, before remembering himself. "Of course I'll help defend my home." Especially from the vile creatures we will be fighting. He looked at the doctor and the the monk, frowning, but resolved not to let their presence disturb him. To the captain, he said: "I bring distressing news from the wilds. The animals are fleeing the mountains in great numbers; It seems something foul is brewing in the west."

The_Admiral
2013-01-23, 05:29 AM
"Well, that would kinda explain the lack of activity, the wood's been strangely quiet recently." Westwood says, stowing away his blunderbuss.

ProudGrognard
2013-01-23, 05:52 AM
Pyrhos

Pyrhos gives darting glances around, to see if they are being overheard.

"Gentleman ... and ladies! Is it wise to speak of such things here in the open? Perhaps we should adjourn to somewhere more private?"

iTookUrNick
2013-01-23, 06:08 AM
"Ah, doctor. There is really no real need for secrecy: who could possibly be listening that we would not want to be head by, and who does not already know what is happening? Are you afraid that panic will take hold upon the fistful of souls that call this place home? I quite doubt it."

Thattaman
2013-01-23, 12:21 PM
Taleth sheathes his sword and bows at the group. "It would be an honour to serve alongside you and protect the home we all hold dear, though, I too have sensed strange things in the plants recently, it is calm, too calm and I have a feeling that things are going to get bad and soon. Will we be working together, us seven? If we are then we should know each other, both battle tactics and skills, as well as knowing each other on a personal level. Most of you probably know me as Taleth Cadral, bounty hunter, but that is not all, I am an elf and have lived in this town for almost fifty years, before I lived in the wilderness around, so I know these areas well. My mother and father were descendants of a great noble family in my homelands and I strive to visit my ancestors home." He looks at the rest of you. "I hope we will get to know each other."

whovian4life
2013-01-23, 02:14 PM
Iradli says "i had a vision granted to me by lathander, it had a red dawn in the west, over the mountains, and i saw horrible things in those mountain, i saw demons and dark armies and horror beyond, i never want to see something like that again" she flings her arms around the ranger, whimpering with fear (and possibly ulterior motives)

Thattaman
2013-01-23, 02:30 PM
"Do not worry, I shall protect you and everyone else. On my honour and my ancestors', I swear that I shall protect our home or die trying."

ProudGrognard
2013-01-23, 04:03 PM
Pyrhon

Pyrhon hears the news and a frown covers his features.

"I am afraid my own findings concur with the ill tidings. The town's water supply has been slightly tainted. I found traces of Caput Mortuus, Alkali Regis and... "

seeing the faces he quickly skips that part

"...other elements that are to be found when large scale mining operations take place. Also, there were traces of spellcasting components and of rotting organic matter. And it came from the mountains.

Taken all together, it is I think a given that something bad is stirring up there. And it is driving, or collaborating with, the various barbaric denizens of the land"

And with that, Pyrhos once again fidgets with his gloves and fixes his attire, nervous.

TwelvePointFive
2013-01-23, 04:23 PM
The last five years of his life had failed to provide John with a frame of reference for what to do when you get hugged by a female in perhaps atleast some distress. He suddenly wished he'd taken the time to bathe in that river he passed on his way home. Or that he didn't have the gutted carcasses of various animals in the sack acros his back. Awkwardly, he held her in his arms. "There, there, I'm sure it'll be fine." In the back of his mind, he was aware that this display of distress was uncharactaristic of the priest. He didn't know quite what to do with this knowledge, however.
This is nice, he thought.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-23, 05:07 PM
Interested in Python's findings, the hobgoblin reluctantly decided to add what he had been sensing. "I'm sure none here would understand, but the energy of everything around us has been slightly tainted. It is indeed a sign that a great evil is near."

tardisvalkyrie
2013-01-23, 07:27 PM
as if this scene were no perfect enough, a footman comes running up to the captain, screaming "goblins! goblins from the north!":eek:

whovian4life
2013-01-23, 09:45 PM
Iradli breaks contact with the ranger, straightens her armor, draws her sword, and addresses the soldier, "where are these goblins? calm down, me and john and these guys" she says gesturing at the rest of the group "can beat them back, how many are there?"

iTookUrNick
2013-01-24, 08:11 AM
"Well, I usually wait to know what is actually happening before making such bold claims. Even so, let's go and see. Ladies first?"
With that remark, Lucius followed the most eager members toward the nothen breach.

TwelvePointFive
2013-01-24, 01:54 PM
John startled upon the militiamans shout. When he had recovered somewhat he muttered "Believing we will be easy prey, are they? Let's go show them something else."
He dropped his packs and cloak by the palisade, hafted his longbow, made sure his quiver was in place, and unfastened the straps that kept his sword from falling out of the scabbard even if it somehow winded up being turned upside down. I left the damn shield at home. I wish I'd brought it with me, he thought with a deep frown, all the while knowing it would have been impractical to bring it hunting. He was certainly lugging enough weight around already. "Let's go kill some murdering savages."

Thattaman
2013-01-24, 04:25 PM
"Those goblins shall taste my blade," he says drawing his prized longsword. "Come my friends, let's defend our town from what evil lurks in the wasteland of the goblins and darker things!" He runs to where the captain said the goblins were coming from.

The_Admiral
2013-01-25, 04:06 AM
John loads his blunderbuss, running for the gate saying, I'm gonna have to introduce them to my little friend.

ProudGrognard
2013-01-25, 05:42 AM
Pyrhos

Pyrhos freezes momentarily at the mention of goblins. Goblins? Here? Attacking in broad daylight? He looks for a place in the palisade with good visibility. His old armor, the one he had purchased for the trip here, is back in his house, but fortunately all his extracts are here.

Gulping down in anxiousness, he moves to the spot. As his old mentor used to say, it is under stress that you see how really good a Chymist you are. It seems the time to test his various new discoveries has come.

Pyrhos moves somewhere he can bomb with impunity, preferably high in the palisade. When he gets there, he will drink his mutagen for dexterity and prepare a bomb when the goblins get in range.
If no such spot exists, he will follow with extreme care behind the melee guys and try to stay near enough to bomb, but far enough to be in melee range.

tardisvalkyrie
2013-01-25, 09:13 PM
you hear the twang of bowstings, the thud of arrows on the palisade, more twangs, the clang of arom being pierced by arrows, and the death screams of a goblin

iTookUrNick
2013-01-26, 03:54 AM
On his short little legs, Lucius keeps walking toward the northern entrance. He does not run into danger: it's not his style, and he'd rather not wind himself down before the actual fight. He ears the cry of a goblin: good, those bowmen are not just for show then. He shouts at Mr. Westwood, who is already at the gate: "How many do you see?"
Double move, 40 ft. That's all.

TwelvePointFive
2013-01-26, 05:26 AM
When he hears the first noises of combat, John start moving north.
I really should have brought that shield.

tardisvalkyrie
2013-01-26, 10:39 AM
as everyone is moving north, from the west you hear pounding, heavy footfalls, howls, yips, war-cries, more bow-twangs, and a guard screaming in agony then falling to the ground.

ProudGrognard
2013-01-26, 12:37 PM
Pyrhos

Pyrhos had started moving alongside the others. However, his sharp ears quickly picked up the noises coming from the West. Inexperienced in skirmishes, he tugs at John.

"Excuse, Mr John, but shouldn't we be going that way?"

Thattaman
2013-01-26, 04:33 PM
Taleth moves to his companions, his bow ready in case of the attacks coming near.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-26, 06:35 PM
As the sounds of battle arise, Baradox's ears perk up attentively. Not moving for a moment, he studies the sounds carefully. The sounds of agony finally ensnare him however, and he breaks from a stand into a steady run. His mind focused on the beginning battle, he heads in that direction.

tardisvalkyrie
2013-01-26, 08:20 PM
as you all converge on the northern force of goblins, you hear snarls sceaming and twangs-thunds as archers fire on the palisade to the west.

TwelvePointFive
2013-01-27, 05:31 AM
Johns face filled with disgust that the half-orc had actually touched him. He swore loudly. I hope the town is not sorrounded.. they'd need a lot more men then. "We need a new plan. Mr Westwood, Iradli" he suddenly didn't like his plan one bit. "you guard the northern chokepoint" he finished weakly. "everyone else, with me!" he took off running south when he caught sight of one of the mounted goblins, he adjusted his position slightly, to adjust for the house that was in the way of his aim, notched an arrow, and took the shot at a goblin.

I'm assuming the map is accurate, so John is taking a move action 30 ft south and 5 ft east, and shooting at the nearest mounted goblin, who gets cover.
To hit: [roll0]. (Crit confirmation): [roll1]. Damage: [roll2]. (Extra crit damage): [roll3]
If i cant do this due to line of sight, he just takes a move action more south. Edit: hitting an effective ac 11 with the cover.

whovian4life
2013-01-27, 09:23 AM
"I have a better plan. john, your with me, we take the northern attacking force, the two of us will make short work of them, westwood, taleth. you bring down the wolf archers, baradox, tiefling, you take the east, get those worg riders away from the entrance, with free reign, they will raze the camp. phyrion, get up one of those towers, look for patterns, new surprises, and above all else, for a leader, this is too organized to be a random raid, if you have a crossbow, lend us a bolt or two, if not, hope they keep spares in the watchtower."

Thattaman
2013-01-27, 09:43 AM
"I'm afraid, Miss. Iradli that there are numerous wolf riders and two people alone could not kill them, no matter how talented they are." Taleth aims his longbow at where the wolf riders are coming from.

Readied action to shoot any goblin that comes into view.

iTookUrNick
2013-01-27, 10:17 AM
Thiefling. In her mind, this group consist of six peple and a devil. Ah well, what can you do about it?

"I must agree with the elf. It's imperative that we keep the group together, provide an united front against the enemy assault, while focusing their smaller forces with our superior numbers. Strategy 101, child."

whovian4life
2013-01-27, 10:52 AM
how do you do the dice rolling thing?

Thattaman
2013-01-27, 10:53 AM
xdx+x replace the x's with numbers.

whovian4life
2013-01-27, 11:11 AM
Iradli is suprised, she responds, "I will hold the west then, john, tiefling, remind me of your name, and any ranged support would be apreciated" with that she charges the closest goblin wolf rider archer and swings at its torso

[roll0] attack, and [roll1]

ProudGrognard
2013-01-28, 03:30 AM
Pyrhos

"But, but...Miss Iradli you cannot hold them alone!"

Pyrhos moves after Iradli and makes an explosive infusion as he moves. He also nods and grabs a guard to follow him. And as he leaves, his voice carries over

"It is Doctor PyrHOS Stylichos, Miss!"

When he arrives at the West, hopefully with a guard in tow, he will unleash his bomb to the closer rider he sees. If they are grouped together, even better.

"Sssssuffer!"

Pyrhos would like a guard to stand behind to.

Ranged touch attack [roll0], Dmg [roll1]. If scatter is needed [roll2]. Due to feat, this can be adjusted +/- 1, in any favorable direction. Also, if anyone else is nearby, he gets splash dmg 6, save for half!

EDIT: Forgot to add+2 from the mutagen. AC now 16

iTookUrNick
2013-01-28, 10:28 AM
Lucius, with his short legs, is once again left behind by the taller folks.
He scrambles southwest and climbs on a roof, hoping to take a shot from a vantage position.
Move only, again. Possibly hurl a globe of acid next turn, from behind the cover of the slanted roof.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-28, 12:55 PM
As he watches the tiefling climb the building, Baradox frowns once more. This group had no well defined leadership, and apparently worked together poorly. Already the person who tried to establish order was being ignored and questioned.

Having been following slowly for a moment, Baradox suddenly turns and breaks into a run. If he had to defend the eastern wall completely on his own, he would. After his quick burst of speed, he takes cover around the corner of a house. They were just about to enter, perhaps he could catch them by surprise.
Stealth [roll0]

whovian4life
2013-01-28, 07:24 PM
Iradli runs at the next goblin swiping wildly, hoping to break the little bastards guard,

[roll0] attack, and damage: [roll1]

tardisvalkyrie
2013-01-30, 06:48 PM
the final western goblin-archer is running away now, cowardly goblins, the northern goblins however are closing in, and the eastern force is descending upon a lone guard.

captain Harsk immediately takes command. he calls "iradli, reign in and go north follow me, together we can easily hold that barrier, John, Westwood, give her ranged support, Baradox, Lucias, taleth, go east and hold there pyhrion, i need you in one of those towers, be my eyes and ears, warn us if we have any more scum to slay" and with that he runs north.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-30, 06:50 PM
(Baradox has already headed east, and is getting ready to ambush the incoming goblins.)

iTookUrNick
2013-01-31, 01:53 AM
Lucius obeys and runs east.

tardisvalkyrie
2013-02-02, 10:56 AM
the western gates attackers have been repelled, the only goblin left is fleeing. the norther forces have closed upon the gate, but Westwood and harsk are holding them in check. the archer's arrows have hit only the palisade and the spear-men's spears have all missed their mark. captain harsk has responded with a pair of throwing axes, one of witch hits home in a goblins skull, striking down a spear-man. and the archers have let loose with another volley, failing to kill, but an archer is wounded. the leader of the war-band, a shaman, has finally dained to show himself, and marches with the northern forces. the eastern forces have slain the guard and encroached further upon the camp, only to be charged by another guard, this one brings down the goblin in the lead.

:smallsmile::smallamused::smallredface::smallmad:: smallfrown::smalleek:

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-02, 12:08 PM
Baradox carefully watches the goblins approach, letting them walk into his ambush. Just before he springs his attacks, the guards get involved. To his dismay, he watches as one is torn to pieces. Angry at the senseless loss of life, he unleashes a flurry of shurikens at the nearest living goblin.
(If his stealth check last round exceeded their perception attacks, they would be flat footed).
Attack 1 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Attack 2[roll2]
Damage [roll3]
After throwing a quick handful of shurikens, he once more steps back against the house to keep his cover.

iTookUrNick
2013-02-02, 01:15 PM
Lucius in on the scene at the eastern gate, together with the hobgoblin and one guard. In an attempt to minimize casualties and give the other defenders time to get here or deal with the other threats, he pulls out one of his favorite spells.

He looks around, makes a quick calculation in his mind, and takes a step forward. Then he invoke the protection of the mists around him, making sure the guard will be covered as well. He whispers to him: "Stay within the mist!".

For the next minute, a thick mist envelopes that part of the battlefield. People next to each other have 20% miss chance, otherwise the miss chance is 50% and you cannot target them directly. You can hide in the mist.

ProudGrognard
2013-02-02, 01:57 PM
Pyrhon

Pyrhon tries to make sense of the carnage. It seems that the western part of the palisade is now safe. But the clamor on his back indicates that at the east, things are not going that well. He addresses his sister-in arms

" Miss Iradli, more incoming through the eastern gate. Should we close this gate and head that way? Please?"

With that, he will try to find a way to lock the western gate and then move to the east.

Disable device take ten to lock the gate (19) and then move to the eastern gate

whovian4life
2013-02-02, 02:46 PM
Iradli heeds phyrions warning and charges at the final spear-goblin. screaming with rage, she had finally got the chance to hug the ranger, and these goblins came and messed it all up. she swings her sword in a massive arc down towards the goblins ugly face

[roll0] and [roll1]

TwelvePointFive
2013-02-04, 10:41 AM
It seemed to John as if the nothern opening was well protected, so he took off running towards the eastern gate, bow in hand.

Thattaman
2013-02-04, 10:52 AM
I'm really confused as to what is happening.

tardisvalkyrie
2013-02-05, 06:01 PM
captain harsk throws two more throwing axes, finishing two of the archers, your allies on the palisade finish the last one, and the goblin cleric charges forward, eyes blazing, and take a swipe at harsk. over to the east, the guard ignores luciases warning, charges out of the mist, strikes down another goblin, but in recompense, takes two arrows to the sternum and falls to the ground.:smalleek:

Stake A Vamp
2013-02-05, 08:23 PM
Wyssal run through the town, brown hair going everywhich way, she had heard that goblins were attacking the palisade, and her freinds iradli and baradoxs, along with a share of other impromptu heroes, had risen to the defense of the town, it was just like the stories she had learned in bardic college, she was detirmined to make an account of this groups adventure, and be the first bard in all of faerun to tell this tale, and the only way she was going to do that was by working with them, so she threw on her armor, stuffed her camping supplies in a sack, and rushed out towards the palisade. as she arrives, she finds few goblis remain, but she positions herself so she cam see the remainder of the battle, and begins to play inspire courage, an old war chan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmQeqsp5QMQ)t she had been taught by an old half-orc in kinefti should do the trick

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-05, 10:20 PM
Seeing the formation of mist, Baradox begins to move once more. Careful to not trip, he makes his way to the edge of the mist. Barely able to see through the thick mist, quite likely the goblin wouldn't even see him. With the flick of his wrist, he sent another shuriken hurtling towards the remaining goblin's throat.
Stealth to not be seen before the attack (Making him Flat Footed) [roll0]

Attack Roll [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

TwelvePointFive
2013-02-06, 05:10 AM
Arriving on the eastern scene, John kept on moving 'till he reached the far edge of the mist, so he was still just barely concealed. Seeing a goblin, he notched an arrow, took aim, and let it fly with a 'twang' of his bowstring.
He watched with grim satisfaction as it imbedded itself in the goblin.
[roll0] in case of hit: [roll1]
Edit: Forgot Inspire courage. Add +1 to both attack and damage.

ProudGrognard
2013-02-06, 03:52 PM
Pyrhos

Pyrhos arrived in the northern gate a bit flustered. He never expected defending a town could be so ...sweaty. Unconsciously, he adjusts his belt before the reality of the situation hits him again. More cries here, more howling.

He takes stock of the situation and quickly prepares another explosive infusion. Taking aim, he targets another invader. Then, this gate must close, too.

Taking aim at whatever goblin is near. If there are more clustered, he will prefer those. Ranged touch attack [roll0] dmg[roll1], splash dmg all around.

If all the goblins are dead (as is apparently the case), taken 10 to disable the gate.

tardisvalkyrie
2013-02-07, 07:05 AM
john, you ht, another goblin bites the dust, pyrhios, you hit, and the cleric looks hurt.

Stake A Vamp
2013-02-07, 04:01 PM
wyssal draws back her bowand looses an arrow at the last remaining goblin.

[roll0] and [roll1]

tardisvalkyrie
2013-02-10, 09:45 AM
as the goblins fall and you close upon those that remain, goblin morale breaks and they fall back, victory is yours, but at a cost, three soldiers lay wounded and dying upon the ground.

harsk yells to "Gather the fallen, iradli, i need you to heal them, we can't lose more good men"

Thattaman
2013-02-10, 11:01 AM
Taleth watched as he saw the different talents of his companions. He did little himself, though he needed to study his companions first.

TwelvePointFive
2013-02-10, 11:25 AM
As the captain spoke, John watched the goblins back as it retreated and, for a moment, he appeared conflicted.
It'd be so easy. Just draw, notch, aim and fire. But alas, the goblin was not trying to kill them now, and revenge would probably cost the wounded guardsmen their last few gasps of breath. So he put down his bow, and rushed to aid the fallen guardsmen. When he came across the first one, he dropped to his knees, rushedly checked for breath, and laid an impromptu bandage across the wound, as to stop the bleeding.
Heal check to stabilize: [roll0]

Stake A Vamp
2013-02-10, 11:40 AM
wyssal runs up to the two wounded guards and cast cure light wounds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qPtuOfQbyI) on both of them

i heal the first guard for [roll0] damage
and the second for [roll1] damage

do tell me if this whole song for each spell thing is getting out of hand

whovian4life
2013-02-10, 01:24 PM
Iradli runs over to the last injured guard and cast cure light wounds

she heals [roll0] damage

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-10, 01:55 PM
Slowly Baradox makes his way over to the pile of fallen goblins. Slowly he examines the dead, trying to find any that are still living. The third goblin he comes to still breathes, heavily and with pain. Baradox leans down, so that he can see the creature better. An arrow through it's chest, and in it's lung.
May whatever god you worship now cousin; let it carry you safely to the after life he says quietly in goblin.
And with that, he grabs the goblin and snaps it's neck like a twig.

Stake A Vamp
2013-02-10, 10:22 PM
Slowly Baradox makes his way over to the pile of fallen goblins. Slowly he examines the dead, trying to find any that are still living. The third goblin he comes to still breathes, heavily and with pain. Baradox leans down, so that he can see the creature better. An arrow through it's chest, and in it's lung.
May whatever god you now worship now cousin carry you safetly to the after life he says quietly in goblin.
And with that, he grabs the goblin and snaps it's neck like a twig.

wyssal screams, "dammit baradox, what was that about, we could have beaten information out of him, next time,, call me or iradli over, we heal the bastard, and squeeze him till information gushes out." with that she begins searching for living goblins

perception check for living goblins [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-11, 02:16 AM
Baradox's eyes narrow at wyssal."Your lack of mercy brings shame upon you. These are merely first wave soldiers. Even if you could overcome their zeal and convince them to talk, they have no information you would want." Shaking his head, Baradox begins to walk in the other direction.

iTookUrNick
2013-02-11, 02:24 AM
Lucius comes out if the mists he had been hiding in for the last part if the battle.
Meh, he is probably right. Check the leader though. If anyone has any chance of being useful, it's him.

Thattaman
2013-02-11, 10:52 AM
"You should have let him live, the information we could get out of him is more useful to us than a dead goblin. We can find out where they're from, there leader and more. You speak of mercy but if we can kill the goblin tribe quicker then we can save more innocent lives. That is not mercy. Saving the lives of people in this town is. Are you here to protect this town or the goblins?"

Also, Taleth has a particular hatred for goblins.

tardisvalkyrie
2013-02-11, 10:32 PM
wyssal, you find another live one, but he's bleeding out fast, you got 30 is seconds before he bites the big one, descision time

harsk yells to keep any more you find breathing alive, at least we can find out thief numbers or leader or plans, anything.

Posted from Giantitp.com App for Android

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-12, 12:18 AM
"You should have let him live, the information we could get out of him is more useful to us than a dead goblin. We can find out where they're from, there leader and more. You speak of mercy but if we can kill the goblin tribe quicker then we can save more innocent lives. That is not mercy. Saving the lives of people in this town is. Are you here to protect this town or the goblins?"

Also, Taleth has a particular hatred for goblins.

Baradox continues to walk away. However the battle has pushed his anger. Unable to contain himself at the barbarism any longer, he turns and snaps back. "There is not a single thing that dying goblin could have told you that I did not already know. I speak of mercy, because I am still capable of it. It is clear your heart just wishes to see your enemy suffer, and you justify your actions by that. I am here because I wish to protect. But I suspect you are here, because you wish to kill. In the end, that makes you no better than your enemy. And I pity you for it." With that, Baradox turns and resumes walking away.

TwelvePointFive
2013-02-12, 11:30 AM
John frowned as the bard came up to the guard over whom he was fumbling with bandages, and closed his wounds with a few arcane words. He didn't like being shown up. But the guardsman is alive for it, so it's the best thing in the long run. He knew that the hobgoblin was right, as he started executing the goblins. His method of choice however, was rather barbaric. John was horrified as the newcomer started speaking of torturing the goblins. That'd make them no better than their enemies. Despite himself, he found that he was nodding along with Baradox's speech.
To think I should agree with such a brute, he tought.
Out loud, he said; "We need to prepare for more attackers, if indeed there are any. Perhaps we should man the guardtowers."He also needed to put his newly caught game away at some point, but he feared it would have to wait. Not for too long though, or it would spoil.

Thattaman
2013-02-12, 12:29 PM
"We're here to save the village, not help goblins and be merciful. I'm trying to do my job properly, it's how I was taught and that's the reason why I'm such a good bounty hunter."

ProudGrognard
2013-02-12, 12:49 PM
Pyrhon

"Yes, gentlemen and ladies. As I am trying to say to the good captain, there is definitely a need to have a war council as soon as possible. We can argue later the finer ethical points. I think that the town defenses... are not geared at the nature of these threats.

Please. We must have a meeting and make plans."

iTookUrNick
2013-02-12, 12:49 PM
The group is back at each others throat. Understandable, but less than ideal. The ranger and the orc seem to be the most level-headed persons of the group, so Lucius tries to support them and steer the discussion towards less controversial issues. It's not that he has any qualms about doing what needs to be done, but the strong emotions associated with the situation seem as dangerous as a goblin attack.

Everybody calm down. I'm sure we are all acting in what we envision as the best way to handle a complex situation, and any disagreement should be conducted in a civil fashion until consensus is reached.
While Mr. Baradox is surely making a good point, it cannot be denied that every avenue of information gathering, however unlikely, should be pursued.
In the meantime, however, I suggest for the majority of us to concentrate on the more pressing and tangible issues that Mr. Blacksmith has raised, namely improving our defenses and prepare to further attacks.

Thattaman
2013-02-12, 12:53 PM
"If you give me enough men, I can train them. I can teach any swordsmen how to handle a blade and if you have any mages then I would take delight in teaching them how to do some tricks."

ProudGrognard
2013-02-12, 01:20 PM
Pyrhos

'There are also protocols to be established. Not all gates must be open at the same time. One or two should suffice. And there must be a way for them to close quickly.

Also, a patrol, or a kind of early warning should be established. At the very least, the guard towers must have a clear line of sight. The forest must be cleared for several hundred yards away from the palisade.

Some guards must be ordered to act as bearers of the wounded. They must be given some basic training in recognizing injuries. If the watch can afford it, some elixirs too. I can make them, it is my specialty. Trained men are hard to find.

Also, perhaps there are other volunteers in the town that can be trained and serve when the need is great. Hunters or ex- guardsmen.People that are willing to respond if things are really dire.

And finally, some more information is required. Why is the town attacked? By whom? Why now? The omens are dire. Perhaps a party must be sent to investigate. Proactive is always better than reactive."

Realizing that he went into full lecture mode, Pyrhon stops embarrassed. He has been walking up and down, pontificating. He was not a military man and this was not the Academy!

iTookUrNick
2013-02-12, 01:30 PM
During the doctor's speech Lucius takes a piece of parchment and a quill out of his backpack and starts taking notes. This is the academic way to handle wars.

Stake A Vamp
2013-02-12, 03:36 PM
wyssal kicks the goblins weapons out of reach, draws her sword and cast's cure light wounds on the goblin, when she finishes, she growls at the goblin in her most intimidating voice "you are going to get up, i am going to walk you over to the others, we are going to tie you up, we won't kill you, unless you refuse to cooperate, do you understand" she then repeats the phrase in gobblish.

I heal [roll0] points of damage, and get a [roll1] on my intimidate check against the goblin

tardisvalkyrie
2013-02-12, 04:02 PM
as you argue in the centre on the palisade, wyssal aproaches, with a batters and terrified goblin in tow

captain harsk says "good work, a captive, eilif, tie it up" he turns back to pyhron and says "congradulations doctor, you have just earned yourself a place on the defense council, in fact, with the way you all handled yourselves, you have all earned you places on the concil, should you want them, iradli, be a dear and go tell baradox, his views would be most useful"

"john, you must attend, you were just in the woods, and hopefully you have some intelligence."

whovian4life
2013-02-12, 04:18 PM
iradli runs toward baradox, aproaching him and says "I'm sorry about how that went, but we need you, we need everyone we can get. if you would come back, sit in on the war council, and help us, i will help you ensure that we ar mrciful and fair, will you help us?" as she finishes she crosses her arms and looks at him.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-12, 05:27 PM
Baradox turns to Iradi, slightly saddened that she thinks he would abandon these people. "I have long since pledged my strength to those who cannot protect themselves. So I will defend this town until the day I draw my last breath, or they send me away. But I will have no hand in the barbarism. I was exiled once for resisting it, and I will be again if I must."

Turning away once more, he begins walking again. "If there are physical tasks that require my aid, let me know and I will gladly help. But being a part of the defense council would be a mistake based on the people's prejudice. Now if you will excuse me, I should empty my home (which is outside the city walls) before the invading forces burn it down."

whovian4life
2013-02-12, 06:16 PM
iradli turns and follows baradox, saying "well then, ill help, there is no one who need healing, and i would hate it if any of your possessions were lost, but after, i need you to understand what is going on here. i live in service of lathander, a god of civilization and healing, why would i allow them to torture and kill a goblin for information. i suspect that none of them have ideas of torture. we all just want to talk to him, explain how its in his best interest to talk. he will probably be tied up, but that is for our protection, he has tried to kill us before you know. i think you need to realize that we are civilized, not sadists. we only want information because it will help us survive, surely you understand that." she follows him as he walks toward his house

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-12, 06:26 PM
"And what information do you think the surviving goblins will have? What will you do with them when they are of no more use?"

whovian4life
2013-02-12, 08:17 PM
iradli looks at baradox, anger in her eyes and screams "well you're damn well not going to change the captives fate by sitting out of the discusion! if you want him to live, you have to convince the concil that it is right to let him live, everyone else is so used to goblins trying to kill them, thy won't look past cutting this ones head off once he outlives his usefulness. you could change that, now either give me a good reason you want to stay off the concil, or get back there!" with that she glares at him.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-12, 11:58 PM
Studying Iradi for a few seconds, Baradox smirks at her loss of temper. "You know, a female has never screamed at me like that. Nor a half elf. For a moment, I honestly thought you would try and hit me." He chuckles. "Very well Iradi. I already suspect you have tendency of getting you way. I will not be that exception. I will do as you ask and join the defense council. But I still believe it to be a mistake. Only time will tell."

ProudGrognard
2013-02-13, 01:14 AM
Pyrhon

Pyrhon is flattered that his suggestions were well taken. He replies

"I will be honored to have a seat in the defense council. Please, captain, make sure it is convened as soon as possible.

Also, may I have a look at the wounded men? They need a doctor, after all. And Madame Iradli 's help would be invaluable.

Finally, we should collect the goblins' bodies and dispose of them. A large number of dead bodies can be a terrible hazard."

Pyrhon looks at the stronger member of the group. There was also the question of the traditional compensation, but he was loathe to bring it. His elixirs were not cheap, after all.

tardisvalkyrie
2013-02-13, 09:43 PM
harsk says "okay john will you get the mayor, lucias, get the head of the arcane guild, taleth, head of the crafting guild. westwood, you get the clergy leaders. the war council is now in session, wyssal, alert the townsfolk of this."

Thattaman
2013-02-15, 11:54 AM
"Crafting? I do not know why you have given them to me. I have many talents but crafting is something I have never done before. All my weapons or armour I have inherited or bought, I can fight, cast spells or give information on the wildlife but I can't craft."

tardisvalkyrie
2013-02-15, 04:07 PM
harsk turns to taleth and says "and had i told you to forge some armour, that would be a problem, but, i only asked you to get the head of the guild and bring them back here, i want you in this council as well, you have offered me your skills, and i heartilly accept, now go on lad."

iTookUrNick
2013-02-16, 09:06 AM
Let's go then. I'm sure we will find them in the town proper. Although if so many of them are there and so many of us are going there as well to fetch them, perhaps it wuld be more logical to hold the council there. Wouldn't you agree?

tardisvalkyrie
2013-02-16, 06:01 PM
harsk replys "we are under manned as is, do you wish to be the one to announce we are taking 8 more people away from the palisade"

iTookUrNick
2013-02-17, 02:22 AM
Oh, right. We'll be going then.

ProudGrognard
2013-02-17, 03:20 AM
Pyrhon

Pyrhon is left waiting for all the other members of the defense council to arrive. Nervous, he fixes his gloves and checks his attire.

TwelvePointFive
2013-02-17, 12:18 PM
John snaps into action, gathering up his packs and kills from where he dropped them. and makes a slight detour to his home where he deposits his excessive gear, before he hurried out into the city, intent on locating the major.

Thattaman
2013-02-18, 08:49 AM
Taleth leaves, not speaking to anyone. He returns to his house where he sharpens his blade and recites the elven kings and queens for the last five millenniums. After sharpening his blade he seeks out the crafters' guild. He addresses them. "I need you to work on metal spikes, caltrops and other things we can use for defense first. Anyone who isn't doing that should be crafting high quality weapons or armour that can be worn by men who are defending. I want my own suit of armour, too."

tardisvalkyrie
2013-02-19, 08:26 PM
the craftsmaster turns to taleth and says in a gruff, commanding voice "and who in the nine hells gave you the aority to make those orders?!"

Thattaman
2013-02-21, 02:28 PM
"Harsk, the sheriff, do you want to ask him yourselves?"

TwelvePointFive
2013-02-23, 03:08 PM
Spotting the major, John "Major! Wait a minute!" He half-ran after him to catch up. As he reached him, he stopped for a moment to catch his breath. "We need you down by the palisade. Harsk said something about a council meeting. Please, come with me." John panted, setting off to the palisade at a much more lesurely pace, deep in thought. He didn't understand why the goblins would be directly attacking the town. All those signs people had seen, and now this.

iTookUrNick
2013-02-24, 05:56 AM
After asking directions to a guard, Lucius arrive to the other's Wizard's dwelling. He knocks politely (not the spell...). An assistant opens the door, listen to the message from the captain, and goes back inside.
The head of the wizard guild comes out next, smelling of sulfur and bat guano. Evidently, he was researching some fire-related spell. Lucius asks about it, eager to learn something new about magic, even if evocation is not his forte, and the other man responds as eagerly. They walk to the palisade more leisurely than the circumstances would dictate and arrive at the meeting point with the rest of the war council.