PDA

View Full Version : Explosive Possibilities?

GutterFace
2013-01-21, 01:24 PM
I know ive seen this asked before but i can't find it. so if anyone could give me a simple yea or nay that would be awesome :)

Explosive Runes (spell)

if i have a sack of them and someone detonated 1:

do they all detonate for damage?

does the 1 detonate for damage and just destroy all the rest (breakage)?

Kelb_Panthera
2013-01-21, 01:29 PM
There's no definitive RAW answer to this question. It ultimately comes down to whether your DM rules that destruction=erasing. If it does, they all detonate. If it doesn't then only the one does and the rest are wasted.

GutterFace
2013-01-21, 01:41 PM
cursed DM's!

hahaha but thank you for the answer

Chilingsworth
2013-01-21, 02:43 PM
Looks like your question's been answered, but were you talking about my thread on the subject? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14536416)

GutterFace
2013-01-21, 03:59 PM
ahhhhhhh yes

2samspan
2013-01-21, 04:39 PM
I think it would be more effective to do this.

Basically, it's DFA+Entangling Exhalation+Oil Flask. You breath on an enemy with you're breath weapon and apply Entangling Exhalation. Now, all of you're party members throw the oil flasks on said enemy. It counts as a ranged touch attack, so at early levels it is an almost positive hit. This will do damage as alchemist's fire, as it will be set off by a supernatural ability. Does 1d6 fire damage plus another 1d6 the following round. With an entire party chucking oil, this can add up to one very toasty critter, with˝ of 1d6 from the breath weapon + 1d6 x number of party members the first round, 2d6 breath weapon + 2d6 x number of party members the second round.