PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] [Tier] Master of Yuirwood and Evereskan Tomb Guardian

Petrocorus
2013-01-21, 02:44 PM
Hello.

I was looking on the Tier System for PrC (http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.php?topic=672.0) and i've seen that this two PrC, namely Master of Yuirwood and Evereskan Tomb Guardian fall in the (-1) Tier.

I'm a bit surprised since they are full-casting PrC, and compared to straight wizard or sorcerer, they improve the BAB, the saves, the skills, the HP and give some abilities (not very powerful but but still nice).

The skill requirements are tough, but i'm pretty sure you can meet them without loss of CL, through Ruathar for example. And the feat requirement are less bad that for many other class.

So, these classes are certainly not (+2) Tier, but they don't seems to me as being worse than wizard / sorcerer which are the normal entry for ETG and a quite logical entry for MoY.

What do you think?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-01-21, 04:28 PM
I wouldn't place too much confidence in those ratings - they have Drow Judicator, of all things, as a +1.

WhatBigTeeth
2013-01-21, 04:37 PM
Mostly, I think the tier system for PrCs is bupkis. It relies on too many unsupported assumptions to even be useful as a rule of thumb (namely, "X class with/without Y feats/races/dips is the natural entry for this PrC"). On any PrC, you're probably going to find justifications for weird contradictory outcomes like ruathar being a lateral move for a samurai, a step down for a bard, and a step up for a sorcerer.

But on either of those two, they're unremarkable but completely viable filler levels on Ranger gishes, but their feat and skill costs are too steep for their class features to justify the class on straight casting builds.