PDA

View Full Version : Dreams of Legend (PTA)

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 04:08 PM
Reina

You find yourself in a deep lush forest, streams of sunlight burst through the thick canopy dabbling everything in shades of gold and bronze, all around you is the faint sound of music it’s unlike any you’ve heard before. As you try to identify it you are can almost make out words, the more you focus the clearer they become (….lost….one…help the…lost….you are too weak…save lost one). For a moment a small pink figure appears floating before you, it has large blue eyes that fill you with a sense of awe. Even though the creature does not move you can tell that it is the one speaking to you (…prove worth…give you power…..use power save the lost one.)

Just as quickly as it had appeared the pink creature vanishes and along with it the music. The sun itself seems to dim, shadows all around you grow and distort becoming menacing claws and mouths. One lashes out at your leg. A sharp, cold pain shoots trough your body as you look down you see several angry red lines streaked across your flesh, the skin isn’t broken but it still hurts tremendously.

As another set of claws moves in, a shaft of light burst from the grass tearing trough the shadow, the others retreat at the destruction of one of their one. The music begins to slowly return along with the sunlight, as it does a small figure steeps out, a strange bulbous thing, it’s skin is a shade of dark blue or purple, sticking from the top of it head/body it’s a bit indistinct as to whether there’s difference is a mass of green leaves. It has a pair of small beady eyes that gleam at the sight of you as a large smile stretches across it‘s face.

Michel

You are in a long concrete hallway, fluorescent lights are set at even intervals every few dozen feet. The sounds of your footsteps echo loudly, but it’s nearly drowned out by the buzzing in your ears as blood rushes to your head. The hall seems to go on forever, even if you speed up you don’t seem to make any progress just more recessed lights and nothing else.

Finally after what feels almost like hours you see a large light that must be an exit, with one last burst of speed you reach the opening. Stepping out you a blinded for a moment, the brightness outside is dozens of times what the inside of the tunnel had been, just as intense as the brightness is the sound. Thousands of voices cheering loudly, many of them clapping. All of them are chanting your name, screaming about how great you are.

You bow deeply to the crowds and they erupt even louder with praise. Out of nowhere a drink smacks into the side of your head, the cold, sticky mess soaks you completely the sweet smell of the soda wafts up all around you.

At first everything is silent, then slowly the cheering is replaced with laughter. Cruel and mocking it grows louder and more twisted sounding more like inhuman cackles, at the same time the light grow dim and soon go dark. You are left standing in the sole beam of light left inky blackness surrounding you completely.

A new scent replaces the sweetness of the soda, the sharp acrid smell of burnt ozone. Blue sparks rip trough the darkness, large arcs of electricity crackle all around you drowning out the laughter with it’s own buzz. From the shadows comes a small figure, it looks like a small cat with blue and black fur with bits of yellow, it lets out a small roar and strikes a fighting stance before moving to your side. For a moment a shadow pass over you, it looks almost like a huge bird.

Prospector

Deep, Deeper than should be possible but that doesn’t matter to you in the slightest, because you have made the ultimate discovery. A huge cave housing an entire forest of stone, like Pompeii it’s a scene frozen in time. The creatures that populate this stone forest are unlike any you’ve ever seen, in all the books you’ve read you have never seen any of them.

Overwhelmed by curiosity you wonder trough the forest careful to not damage anything, a thousand thoughts race trough your mind as you examine everything in sight taking notes on it all. Whatever happened to the animals here it was fast many of them are frozen mid stride, as if it happened in an instant.
As you delve deeper into the maze of petrified wood you can hear strange sounds, growls and hisses, but you dismiss them as nothing more than your mind playing tricks on you from the overwhelming sense of excitement at this discovery.

Everyone in the world will know your name, entire libraries will be filled with your research! Those are the sorts of thoughts that flitter about your mind. But even so you can’t help but look back every now and then at one of the imagined sounds, and now occasionally bit’s of movement just outside of you line of sight. Perhaps there’s a gas leak in this cave, but the wonder of it all overrides you common sense and soon that thought is buried by a thousand more of how many new species you have discovered in only a few minutes.

After what seems like hours or maybe even days you see something that’s beyond anything else you’ve seen so far, at first glance it seems something like an insect but it’s far larger than even the biggest bugs in history. As you approach it ti get a better look you feel the hairs on the back of you neck stand up.
As you turn you come face to face with a massive beast towering over but it’s not like the others, it’s flesh, alive, it’s mouth wide enough to swallow you whole each tooth nearly as long as one of you arms, but it’s not frozen like the others. You can feel it’s breath on you it’s whole body trembling as it breathes in and out. Your body reacts before your mind can, you run nearly tripping. As you get up you notice that the surroundings have changed, the forest is alive and green, The beast howls sending a primal chill through you, It is soon followed by dozens more.

Only now to you see them dozens of similar beasts come out of the woods snarling, hungry. They move in slowly ready to attack, just as one moves in to attack a smaller animal rushes from somewhere unseen slamming into it, hard, it slumps over a trickle of blood leaking from it’s shattered jaw. As you look done to your savior you can’t help but think it looks like a very strange pachycephalosaurs.

Steven

You’re in the middle of a sports field, a sight very familiar to you with huge stadium seats on the sides, but they are completely empty as opposed to the cheering crowds or at the very lest a bunch of cheerleaders. That’s not the only thing only thing odd the design on the field isn’t football or…soccer…. But there is a ball drawn in the middle of it, and at the far end of the field are four massive statues, they look like some of the toys you saw the nerds carrying around insisting they were call miniatures, one of them towers over the others. As you wander toward one of the exit’s the whole place seems to grow larger, stretching out so far that you can barely see the seats anymore. But the statues are still visible looking just a large as ever

The ground begins to shake hard nearly toppling you but your strong enough to stay standing. All at once the ground seems to erupt sending out a shower of dirt and stone, what appears to be a huge snake made of stone is sticking out of the hole. It roars loudly looking up at the sky not paying you the slightest bit of attention as it slides farther out of the ground tearing the field apart as it does. It roars at the sky again shooting a huge boulder from it’s mouth, the stone quickly comes crashing back to the ground covered in fire. As it hits, you can feel the heat emanating from it strongly enough that it hurts.

All to soon the source of the flame is reveled as another monster slams down perching on the boulder, it looks kind of like a dragon with a giant fireball on it tail. The rock snake and dragon stare at each other, it’s pretty metal looking. Both of them roar at the same time shaking the world worse than when the snake popped out of the ground in the first place.

As the two of them slam into each other you can’t help but fell a thrill unlike anything before, deep inside you know as strong as these beasts are that they could be stronger and there’s something telling you that you could bring that power out. The battle fades before it gets any farther, but you are still on the same field, minus the damage, sitting in front of you is a odd looking blue turtle that has a excited grin pointing to a huge purple rat on the other side of the field, As things fade into darkness the statues seem to move slightly.

As each one of you awakens you realize that you are not in the same place you fell asleep, for starters your in a hospital bed, the walls are solid white and the smell of antiseptics fill the air. Next to you is a tray with a bit of fresh fruit and a glass of water.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 04:16 PM
What the ****, Steven mutters looking around. Had he gotten drunk enough to do acid or something? That was the weirdest dream he'd had in a long time.

And ****! He was at the hospital! Had he had his stomache pumped? At least his parents weren't here. Maybe he'd still be able to get away with this.

Hello?

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 04:23 PM
There’s no answer at first but soon a large pink creature that looks sort of like an egg with dreadlocks waddles into the room, it’s carrying a tray with a bottle of aspirin sitting in the middle. As it set the tray down it sniffs the air and gives you a stern look wagging one of it hands at you a frown on it face.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 04:24 PM
Holy ****! Get away! Jakob says, jumping out of the bed and trying to shove the pink blob out of the way, making a dash for the door.

Strength Check! [roll0]

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 04:36 PM
The creature topples over with a sharp cry, but soon it’s back on it’s feet. It launches itself at you slamming into harder than most of the players you’ve gone up against.

41 damage

Arcran
2013-01-21, 04:38 PM
The creature topples over with a sharp cry, but soon it’s back on it’s feet. It launches itself at you slamming into harder than most of the players you’ve gone up against.

41 damage

Really? I roll a 22 and it is able to get back on its feet and catch me by the time I'm at the door? When it wouldn't expect that at all?

Steven just continues to run, completely ignoring the hit.

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 04:43 PM
Just as it reach the door you are meet with a least a dozen more blob creatures, a few of them are quite a bit larger and have numerous frills along their arms and legs. Standing amongst them is an older man wearing a lab coat “I suggest you clam down.” he says in a friendly voice.

Chansey are pretty tanky and your are not the first rowdy patient she’s dealt with

Arcran
2013-01-21, 04:46 PM
Steven is freaking out at this point. There are monsters everywhere! The government is experimenting on him! He has to get away! Without thinking he punches the man in the face, trying to shove his way past him.

AC: 6 [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 04:54 PM
The old man staggers hold his blooded nose, seconds later the monsters dog pile, pining your arms and legs as best they can with their own stubby limbs. Even as freaked out as you are you can’t help but notice that they are very soft and pleasantly warm. One of the creatures that isn’t on you pulls an egg out of it’s pouch handing it to the old man.

As he takes a bite out of it his nose returns to it’s original shape. “Thank you Bella.” he says to the monster politely before looking back to you “I’ll let that slide this once.’ he mutters darkly “Now than I am Professor Oak and you are?”

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 04:56 PM
Michael slowly sits up and looks around. This was...new. Having never actually been in a hospital before (mainly because he had never really done anything that could have gotten him hurt) to wake up in one without knowing why couldn't be good.
He pats himself down. Everything seems to be in order, besides not knowing what the hell was going on. Last thing he can remember is that reoccuring dream...
Well, no IV's in him or anything so...

He slowly gets out of bed. Walking to the door, he looks out into the hallway.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 04:57 PM
The old man staggers hold his blooded nose, seconds later the monsters dog pile, pining your arms and legs as best they can with their own stubby limbs. Even as freaked out as you are you can’t help but notice that they are very soft and pleasantly warm. One of the creatures that isn’t on you pulls an egg out of it’s pouch handing it to the old man.

As he takes a bite out of it his nose returns to it’s original shape. “Thank you Bella.” he says to the monster politely before looking back to you “I’ll let that slide this once.’ he mutters darkly “Now than I am Professor Oak and you are?”

I don't care who the **** you are! Get the **** off of me! he says, struggling fruitlessly against the Pokemon, trying desperately to get free of the monsters. They weren't turning him into a robot!

DEX to wriggle free: [roll0]
STR: [roll1]

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 05:04 PM
Michael slowly sits up and looks around. This was...new. Having never actually been in a hospital before (mainly because he had never really done anything that could have gotten him hurt) to wake up in one without knowing why couldn't be good.
He pats himself down. Everything seems to be in order, besides not knowing what the hell was going on. Last thing he can remember is that reoccuring dream...
Well, no IV's in him or anything so...

He slowly gets out of bed. Walking to the door, he looks out into the hallway.

Michael
As you step into the hallway you see a big guy, most likely a jock, pinned down by a mass of large pink creatures with an old man standing over them, there’s a bit of dried blood on his upper lip.

I don't care who the **** you are! Get the **** off of me! he says, struggling fruitlessly against the Pokemon, trying desperately to get free of the monsters. They weren't turning him into a robot!

DEX to wriggle free: [roll0]
STR: [roll1]

Steven

You a mange to throw off a few of the blobs but they quickly pin you again. “You weren’t hurt when I found you in the field but if you keep fighting like this you will be.” The old man says firmly.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 05:06 PM
Better dead than some lab rat! he shouts, punching at whatever blob seems squishiest.

Seeing the other kid, he shouts. It didn't matter that he was a nerd. Nobody deserved to die like this.

RUN! THEY'RE GOING TO TURN US INTO ONE OF THESE THINGS! I'LL SLOW THEM DOWN!

Random Punch!
[roll0]

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 05:29 PM
Michael begins to try to sneak away, but as the jock seems to blow his cover he breaks into a full speed sprint.

Not exactly an impressive speed because of his rather weak stature, he goes as fast as he can in the opposite direction.

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 05:36 PM
Better dead than some lab rat! he shouts, punching at whatever blob seems squishiest.

Seeing the other kid, he shouts. It didn't matter that he was a nerd. Nobody deserved to die like this.

RUN! THEY'RE GOING TO TURN US INTO ONE OF THESE THINGS! I'LL SLOW THEM DOWN!

Random Punch!
[roll0]

Your fist sinks into it’s belly but it doesn’t even flinch. “I have no idea what you are talking about, I think you still have a bit to much alcohol in your system.” Oak mutters. Reaching into his pocket he pulls out a small ball, he taps a button in the middle and it expands. “Perhaps a familiar face will calm you down.

There is brief flash of red light and the same odd looking turtle from your dream appears in front of you. “Squirtle!” it shouts loudly it looks around confusedly for a few seconds.

Michael begins to try to sneak away, but as the jock seems to blow his cover he breaks into a full speed sprint.

Not exactly an impressive speed because of his rather weak stature, he goes as fast as he can in the opposite direction.

Only now noticing you Oak calls out “Hold on!” he calls out reaching into his pocket h pulls out another ball “Spots, String Shot!” as he shouts a huge purple butterfly pops out into the air a thick rope shoots out of it mouth grabbing hold of you hindering your movement. “Neither one of you has anything to worry about.” he groans.

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 05:41 PM
Feeling himself outmatched he stops.
Might as well wait for a chance to escape instead of just doing it.
More than a little freaked out, Michael calls out to the old man.
"You act like it's not un-un-unusual for....when...this!"
He gestures towards to creatures, unable to fully articulate his thoughts as he tries to calm himself unsuccessfully.

Well, either I'm insane or I'm going to die.

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 05:46 PM
“The way to two of you are acting I’d think you’d never seen a pokemon before, and could you try not to make so much noise your friends still haven’t woken up yet and I doubt they’d be happy to find this sort of mess.’ Oak says as he gestures toward a couple of rooms that still have closed doors.

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 05:55 PM
"You must have the wrong person, I don't have anything to do with the government or secret labs or...robots. Or whatever this is!"
Afraid to ask what a 'Pokemon' is, he just violently looks around the area, hoping to find something that will maybe make this all make sense.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 06:25 PM
YOU SICK BASTARD! WHAT DID YOU DO TO THESE THINGS! LET US GO! he shouts as he sees the Squirtle. They were responsible for the dreams?

JUST LET US GO!

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 07:10 PM
"You must have the wrong person, I don't have anything to do with the government or secret labs or...robots. Or whatever this is!"
Afraid to ask what a 'Pokemon' is, he just violently looks around the area, hoping to find something that will maybe make this all make sense.

You don’t see anything of use the hallway is empty of anything other than the jock covered in blobs. And even if there was anything the butterfly is eyeing you wearily.

YOU SICK BASTARD! WHAT DID YOU DO TO THESE THINGS! LET US GO! he shouts as he sees the Squirtle. They were responsible for the dreams?

JUST LET US GO!

“ I assure you I am not with the government nor do I have any robots, neither have I down anything to these pokemon.” he looks just as confused as both of you. “I’ll let you go if you promise to calm down, I had wished to talk to all of you at once but it seems that won’t be possible.”

Clearing his throat he motions for the pink creatures to release Steven, but they stay close ready to tackle you again if need be. “I found all of you passed out in a field just outside of town, after bringing you back I checked you for wounds. Aside from a high blood alcohol level you are fine.”

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 07:24 PM
Still watching the large butterfly he nods.

Michael's never so much tasted alcohol, much less gotten drunk. This whole situation just keeps getting stranger.
"Um...I'm ok with talking. As long as it's just talking and you don't leave me alone with any of those...odd creatures. Preferably. If that's ok."
He seems increasingly weirded out by the impossibly large bug.

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 07:30 PM
Still watching the large butterfly he nods.

Michael's never so much tasted alcohol, much less gotten drunk. This whole situation just keeps getting stranger.
"Um...I'm ok with talking. As long as it's just talking and you don't leave me alone with any of those...odd creatures. Preferably. If that's ok."
He seems increasingly weirded out by the impossibly large bug.

“Don’t worry about Spots she’s harmless, only just evolved the other day, but if it makes you to nervous I’ll recall her, the Chansey and Blissey need to stay out though in case anyone needs medical attention.” he pauses for a moment “That’s not a threat by the way.”

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 07:40 PM
He nods a few times like he has any idea what that means.

Looking at the other panicked man,
"We probably should go along with him. Um...if they were going to do anything they would have in our sleep?"
He seems unsure of his words, but hoped that they were right.

Prospector
2013-01-21, 08:01 PM
Cornelius Prospector wakes up to the sound of loud noises coming from outside the room he was in. Correction, he thought to himself, a hospital room. He should, being in plenty of them due to both his occasional childhood visits, like when he he cracked his head open, and due to his scholastic life. I must been in an accident though, looking himself over, I do not see anything wrong and I feel fine other than a little thirsty. He took big drink from the glass by his bed.

When the noise outside the room wouldn't dissipate he decided to see what all the fuss was about. He took a few tentative steps from the bed. I seem to be able to walk, hmm. He went to the door and opened it. What the frell? was what he thought as he looked at the scene before him. He stood there a moment in shock.

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 08:08 PM
He nods a few times like he has any idea what that means.

Looking at the other panicked man,
"We probably should go along with him. Um...if they were going to do anything they would have in our sleep?"
He seems unsure of his words, but hoped that they were right.

“Good to see at least one of you has some self restraint, now than if you’ll follow me I have some tea that should be ready soon, had it imported all the way from Mirage Island, very high quality." he breaks off and looks past you.

Cornelius Prospector wakes up to the sound of loud noises coming from outside the room he was in. Correction, he thought to himself, a hospital room. He should, being in plenty of them due to both his occasional childhood visits, like when he he cracked his head open, and due to his scholastic life. I must been in an accident though, looking himself over, I do not see anything wrong and I feel fine other than a little thirsty. He took big drink from the glass by his bed.

When the noise outside the room wouldn't dissipate he decided to see what all the fuss was about. He took a few tentative steps from the bed. I seem to be able to walk, hmm. He went to the door and opened it. What the frell? was what he thought as he looked at the scene before him. He stood there a moment in shock.

The old man looks back at you “I hope that you will be more rational than either one of this two, incidentally I’d like to ask you where you managed to get a Cranidos, they are quite rare.”

Prospector
2013-01-21, 08:16 PM
Quickly recovering from a rare moment of shock, he said, "Of course. I am sorry, a Cranidos you say? I have no idea what you speak of sir. And what are those interesting and marvelous creatures there? In all my years of study I have never encountered their like." He approached the big pink creature, giving it a careful examination with his eyes. "Fascinating."

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 08:20 PM
I'm not sure if his reaction makes him more or less crazy than me...

Deciding that following the new guy's lead would probably be the best idea, he takes the chance to give the creatures a once-over as well. Plus the more attention drawn away from him until he decides what to do the better.
Staying at a distance, he watches and waits.

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 08:22 PM
Quickly recovering from a rare moment of shock, he said, "Of course. I am sorry, a Cranidos you say? I have no idea what you speak of sir. And what are those interesting and marvelous creatures there? In all my years of study I have never encountered their like." He approached the big pink creature, giving it a careful examination with his eyes. "Fascinating."

The Chansey eyes you back just as intensely.

“How could you acquire a Cranidos and not know about it, and yes Chansey are rather wonderful pokemon,” he stops for a few seconds you’ve never seen?” he puts his hand to his chin “What region are you from anyways?” he asks looking all of you over a bit more carefully.

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 08:25 PM
"Middle Georgia?"
Region...? He can't have gone THAT far that he was out of the States...
He stops trying to think about it. Any logical explanation was just met by illogical consistencies.
"Where is...this?"

Arcran
2013-01-21, 08:27 PM
If you're not here to hurt us, why won't you let us leave? Steven asks, glaring at the man. And how the hell do you know about the dreams!

Prospector
2013-01-21, 08:34 PM
"Region? I'm from the Northwest portion of the United States." Pondering the older gentleman's confusion and the unusual creatures a thought occurs to him. "I can safely assume based on your question that based on our question that we are not in the United States. And based on the presence of the creatures that to us are unfamiliar and you seem completely at ease around I suspect we are no longer on a planet called Earth, are we?"

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 08:37 PM
"Middle Georgia?"
Region...? He can't have gone THAT far that he was out of the States...
He stops trying to think about it. Any logical explanation was just met by illogical consistencies.
"Where is...this?"

If you're not here to hurt us, why won't you let us leave? Steven asks, glaring at the man. And how the hell do you know about the dreams!

“There was a huge storm that had several unusual properties to it, that is what lead to me finding you so I’d like to find out what any of you know about it, as for any dream I don’t know anything I’m hardly a Dream Doctor, and I’ve never heard of the Georgia region.” he shakes his head. “It would seem that now I’m just as confused as all of you now as I said let’s go get some tea, the girl can join us when she wakes up.” he says turning around to lead you out of the hallway which is more than a littlie crowded.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 08:38 PM
No thanks. I'm out of here, Steven says, heading for the nearest door. This is a bit too weird for me.

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 08:44 PM
Michael jumps out of the way, just in case the creatures attack him. Wouldn't want any part of that now.

He hurriedly follows the Professor, hoping to at least get some answers, as well as having some relief that the calm guy at least seems somewhat normal.

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 08:44 PM
"Region? I'm from the Northwest portion of the United States." Pondering the older gentleman's confusion and the unusual creatures a thought occurs to him. "I can safely assume based on your question that based on our question that we are not in the United States. And based on the presence of the creatures that to us are unfamiliar and you seem completely at ease around I suspect we are no longer on a planet called Earth, are we?"

Stopping in his tracks Oak looks back at you “This is Earth, though I’m guessing it’s not the same Earth that you know.” he thinks for several seconds this really is an odd turn of events.”

No thanks. I'm out of here, Steven says, heading for the nearest door. This is a bit too weird for me.

As you try to leave the turtle grabs hold of your pant leg crying a bit “Squirtle!”

“I don’t think you should leave if you are indeed from another world than it could be quite dangerous in the wilds.” Oak says in a voice that sounds a bit like that one teacher who didn’t care about sports.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 08:46 PM
Get off my leg you stupid animal, he says, shaking his leg. I'm not your owner.

He heads outside, looking for the first person he can find. Where's the closest bus? Need a ride to Seattle.

Prospector
2013-01-21, 08:52 PM
Get off my leg you stupid animal, he says, shaking his leg. I'm not your owner.

He heads outside, looking for the first person he can find. Where's the closest bus? Need a ride to Seattle.

Prospector sighed heavily at this buffon's antics. "If I am correct, there is no bus that you can take you to Seatle. Now follow us and stop treating that being so poorly. Oh, and shut up you buffoon. You might learn something." He followed the older gentleman after that.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 08:53 PM
Prospector sighed heavily at this buffon's antics. "If I am correct, there is no bus that you can take you to Seatle. Now follow us and stop treating that being so poorly. Oh, and shut up you buffoon. You might learn something." He followed the older gentleman after that.

**** you, Steven says, flipping off the idiot as he heads out to find his ride home. Guy was a ***** anyways. He could snap him in half if he wanted to.

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 08:55 PM
**** you, Steven says, flipping off the idiot as he heads out to find his ride home. Guy was a ***** anyways. He could snap him in half if he wanted to.

The small creature follows after you keeping a small distance.

As soon as you step outside you see dozens of people using ropes to hold down a struggling that looks like a Rhino made of stone. As soon as it sees you it doubles it’s efforts.

you can take over your pokemon now.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 08:59 PM
The small creature follows after you keeping a small distance.

As soon as you step outside you see dozens of people using ropes to hold down a struggling that looks like a Rhino made of stone. As soon as it sees you it doubles it’s efforts.

SPOILER] you can take over your pokemon now.[/SPOILER]

STOP FOLLOWING ME! Steven shouts at the turtle. I have no idea what you are and why you're following me, but go back to your crazy professor guy and leave me alone! he shouts. Maybe he was overreaction a little, but he had a hangover, had been tackled by some sort of weird pink thing and had been stuck in some sort of weird Sci-Fi movie. He wasn't in the mood for clingy animals.

Hey. HEY! he shouts, looking at the rhino thing. What the hell did you guys do to that thing! You turned it into a bunch of rocks! What is wrong with you people!

Prospector
2013-01-21, 09:02 PM

Turning to the older gentleman he said, "Would it be alright if we ignore him and get to talking about this world? I think the fool needs to let the reality of the situation sink into his thick skull before he will listen. And I would rather spend my time productively. I am Cornelius Prospector by the way. Your are...?"

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 09:07 PM
"Well, I can't say I really blame him for his reaction..."

Jumping in with Cornelius,
"I'm Michael by the way. I would like to know what is going on as well. Why a lot of this feels...familiar. Even though it shouldn't.

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 09:10 PM
Turning to the older gentleman he said, "Would it be alright if we ignore him and get to talking about this world? I think the fool needs to let the reality of the situation sink into his thick skull before he will listen. And I would rather spend my time productively. I am Cornelius Prospector by the way. Your are...?"

"Well, I can't say I really blame him for his reaction..."

Jumping in with Cornelius,
"I'm Michael by the way. I would like to know what is going on as well. Why a lot of this feels...familiar. Even though it shouldn't.

“Now is not the best time that fool went in to the holding field we just brought in a feral Ryhorn that was causing problems all over Fuchsia. And it’s not in a good mood.”

STOP FOLLOWING ME! Steven shouts at the turtle. I have no idea what you are and why you're following me, but go back to your crazy professor guy and leave me alone! he shouts. Maybe he was overreaction a little, but he had a hangover, had been tackled by some sort of weird pink thing and had been stuck in some sort of weird Sci-Fi movie. He wasn't in the mood for clingy animals.

Hey. HEY! he shouts, looking at the rhino thing. What the hell did you guys do to that thing! You turned it into a bunch of rocks! What is wrong with you people!

The stone beast lurches forward nearly breaking free of it’s bonds. Oak rushes out “I thought I told you to keep it sedated until we got a Empath in to calm it down.” Oak snaps. “Sorry, sir but they wore off faster than we anticipated.” looking to Steven, Oak sighs “Well I guess this is a good opportunity for you to tray battling.” he points to the blue turtle. “I suggest the two of you help as well.” he pulls out a pair of balls and tosses them to Michel and Prospector.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 09:13 PM
Battling? What the **** are you talking about? You want me to fight a rhino? Are you crazy? Do we punch it? Do we throw these little balls at it?

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 09:14 PM
Catching the ball he looks questioningly at it. Seemed like a simple object. One obvious protruding button and nothing else.
So he was just handed a giant button. Michaels curiosity begins to get the better of him. Facing the 'front' of the ball away from himself, he hesitatingly presses the center.

Prospector
2013-01-21, 09:17 PM
Prospector stares at the ball. He was about to ask how to use it when he seemed to recall it from his dreams. "I had strange dreams before this. The fool mentioned something about dreams as well. Maybe they are related to this world." He 'released' the ball and in a flash of white light appeared the creature from his dreams. "I saw you in my dream. You protected me. Thank you."

Arcran
2013-01-21, 09:18 PM
Prospector stares at the ball. He was about to ask how to use when he seemed to recall it from his dreams. "I had strange dreams before this. The fool mentioned something about dreams as well. Maybe they are related to this world." He 'released' the ball and in a flash of white light appeared the creature from his dreams. "I saw you in my dream. You protected me. Thank you."

Steven shoves this idiot.

I'm sick of your ****. Calling me a fool like you're superior to me or something. You're weak. Your skinny. You're probably still a virgin you *****, he says, shoving him. Either back your words up with some real **** or stop being a little bitch.

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 09:24 PM
“You two can bicker later.” Oak says. The Rhyhorn has snapped several ropes and is seconds away from getting free.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 09:26 PM
“You two can bicker later.” Oak says. The Rhyhorn has snapped several ropes and is seconds away from getting free.

Why don't you tell us what to do? You want us to punch a mother-****ing rhino? Are you insane?

Wait, you didn't make me a super-soldier or something, did you?

Prospector
2013-01-21, 09:30 PM
Steven shoves this idiot.

I'm sick of your ****. Calling me a fool like you're superior to me or something. You're weak. Your skinny. You're probably still a virgin you *****, he says, shoving him. Either back your words up with some real **** or stop being a little bitch.

Prospector took the shove, not trying to fight it, and fell to the ground. He picked himself up and dusted himself off. "Your right, you not a fool. Your a barbaric buffoon. For only one like that would consider physical strength to be the only defining factor what made one weak. And would be loud enough to voice a any and every idiotic thought that passed through their head. I apologize for my mistake." He gave him a mock bow.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 09:31 PM
Prospector took the shove, not trying to fight it, and fell to the ground. He picked himself up and dusted himself off. "Your right, you not a fool. Your a barbaric buffoon. For only one like that would consider physical strength to be the only defining factor what made one weak. And would be loud enough to voice a any and every idiotic thought that passed through their head. I apologize for my mistake." He gave him a mock bow.

Steven is tired of this guys's ****. He'd had a very long morning already.

He pulls back a fist, punching the stupid nerd in the face.

AC: 6 [roll0]

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 09:31 PM
Assuming the pokeball is my starter =P

The pokeball opens with a white light as a small black and yellow catlike pokemon pops out.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRybzoVz54uDTRqUJkG4Pyq1vy3kM0Yu ztIfukHrqssf7l_3VWZCQ

A single word comes to his mind as if he's remembering something.
This was the creature from his dreams.

"Vector?"
The word sounded so familiar. Maybe it's the creatures name?
He looks at it directly.
"Are you Vector?"

He notices the fight break out between the others.

"Christ! Theres a monster over there about to attack and you're punching each other?? Get ready!"

Michael looks to the Shinx, hoping it will do something to help out.

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 09:34 PM
Oak groans “Tell your pokemon to attack, Squirtle is a water type so it’ll do extra damage.” he is too focused on the Rhyhorn to see what's going on.

Don't forget Steven took a hit before

Arcran
2013-01-21, 09:34 PM
Oak groans “Tell your pokemon to attack, Squirtle is a water type so it’ll do extra damage.” he is too focused on the Rhyhorn to see what's going on.

Don't forget Steven took a hit before

What the hell is a Pokemon? And why the hell do you think that stupid turtle is mine! he shouts, tired of all of this.

Prospector
2013-01-21, 09:38 PM
The little creature Prospector had released had had enough of this guy beating on his friend. He stepped in and intercepted the attack, screaming "Cran!" Prospector fully expecting to take the hit was shocked when the little Cranidos took it instead. "Thank you... Hangaku. And would you focus!" he said to the idiot. "Their is wild animal about to break free and your fighting your allies."

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 09:39 PM
What the hell is a Pokemon? And why the hell do you think that stupid turtle is mine! he shouts, tired of all of this.

“Pokemon is the name of these animals and Squirtle’s ball was in your hand, so I can only assume it belonged to you…’ before he can say anything more the stone Rhino lets out a bellowing cry “HORN!” and breaks free from the last few ropes leveling it’s eyes right at the you. It kicks up a bit of dirt ready to charge.

you guys, Michael,Steven,Prospector. the pokemon Hangaku and Vector are tied for speed with Titian just edging out over Ryhorn

Prospector
2013-01-21, 10:06 PM
Prospector recalled more of his dream. "Hangaku... use Pursuit? Yes use Pursuit." Hangaku charged forward, dark energy seemed to coat her body. She then attempted to smack the Ryhorn with her head, yelling, "Cranidos!"

AC (2): [roll0]
Critical: [roll2]

Arcran
2013-01-21, 10:08 PM
Fine! Stupid turtle! Run into the rhino! he shouts, a small part of him hoping the stupid thing dies in the process.

If for some reason it listens to him:
AC: 3 [roll0]

Also, do you normally do battlemaps?

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 10:11 PM
Michael looks down at the Shinx.
"Defend me. If the Rhyhorn moves, try to attack away from the front. If you can hurt it, do so, if not...it'll become someone else's problem."
His words have some odd conviction in them. He can't seem to remember ever talking with this kind of confidence in his life but...it was just like his dreams. He just had to act like it was the dream and he'll be fine.

"Vector, tackle attack!"

[roll0]AC3
[roll1]

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 10:13 PM
Apparently previewing is a nono for if rolls work?
[roll0] AC3
[roll1] Damage

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 10:14 PM
As the small dinosaur slams into the beasts shards of rock go flying off in all directions it is barley left standing. But the impact from the turtle that follows up right after is to much for it and it sumps over barely breathing. “That’s good enough.” Oak says quickly before any more harm can be down.

I will do maps later but this didn’t really need one, I'm not sure how to do XP. it was level 15.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 10:19 PM
As the small dinosaur slams into the beasts shards of rock go flying off in all directions it is barley left standing. But the impact from the turtle that follows up right after is to much for it and it sumps over barely breathing. “That’s good enough.” Oak says quickly before any more harm can be down.

I will do maps later but this didn’t really need one, I'm not sure how to do XP. it was level 15.

Huh. Seems like the turtle can do something.

Now tell us why the hell we're here! What did you do! he says, shouting at the Professor.

Is it Wild or Trainer?

Pokemon experience is clearly outlined in the GM guide. It is the Pokemon's XP drop x Level. If it is a Trainer Pokemon add a x2 at the end.

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 10:20 PM
It's a chart in the GM handbook. Its the pokemons unique xp value X level. You double it if it's a trainer's pokemon and not a wild.

This case it would be 225 xp, divided between the three of us.

So Me and Prospector woudl get 75 and Acran would get 90.
Looks like Acran beat me to it though =P

The shinx, stopping at the Professor's word, comes back around by Michael.
Leaning down, he begins to inspect the Pokemon.

Finishing that, he turns to inspecting the pokeball, analyzing it as best he can.
"How do these things work?"

Arcran
2013-01-21, 10:22 PM
It's a chart in the GM handbook. Its the pokemons unique xp value X level. You double it if it's a trainer's pokemon and not a wild.

This case it would be 225 xp, divided between the three of us.

So Me and Prospector woudl get 75 and Acran would get 90.

I believe the 225 goes to each player distributed among all their active Pokemon. Otherwise I've been doing this wrong for a very long time.

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 10:23 PM
Nope, you're right. I misread. I'm still learning it all as well lol.

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 10:26 PM
“I did nothing what so ever.” Oak says frowning “As for why you’re here you mentioned something about dreams why don’t you tell me about them.” he says walking over to it. He pulls out a spray bottle, one spray and the wounds close but the beast remains still. “Now than I think the tea is getting cold.

It was wild so 255 Exp. Than, without ace bonus. Vector gets Xp as well.

Prospector
2013-01-21, 10:28 PM
"Good job Hangaku," Prospector said to the little Cranidos and gave he an affectionate pat. He went and looked over the creature they had just knocked out. He examined and while the damage looked extensive it seemed to still be alive. "Fascinating." He followed the Professor into have tea.

I posted the formula on the other forum.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 10:29 PM
“I did nothing what so ever.” Oak says frowning “As for why you’re here you mentioned something about dreams why don’t you tell me about them.” he says walking over to it. He pulls out a spray bottle, one spray and the wounds close but the beast remains still. “Now than I think the tea is getting cold.

It was wild so 255 Exp. Than, without ace bonus. Vector gets Xp as well.

You mean 225. I get 270 though 'cause I'm special. :smalltongue:

Fine, whatever. What are you, a shrink or something? Steven says, finally going inside, the Squirtle trotting behind, hoping for some sort of approval that it hasn't yet realized will likely never come.

Kairose
2013-01-21, 10:29 PM
Sorry about the late start, this happened to start on my busiest day.
Edit: Poor color choice

Reina looked around the room she found herself in. "A hospital? Oh, that's right, I was injured...I must have lost consciousness."

Reina checks her leg that had been injured before to see if it still looked damaged. If it looks alright, she slowly stands up, testing to see if it still hurts if she puts pressure on it.

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 10:32 PM
Noticing the others walking inside, Michael hurries along behind them, remaining silent at the moment. The shinx, glaring once more at the sleeping Rhyhorn, follows behind him at his heels.
Edit: And welcome to the party!
So far everyone hates each other.
A fun start =D

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 10:41 PM
"Good job Hangaku," Prospector said to the little Cranidos and gave he an affectionate pat. He went and looked over the creature they had just knocked out. He examined and while the damage looked extensive it seemed to still be alive. "Fascinating." He followed the Professor into have tea.

I posted the formula on the other forum.

As you enter the living quarters you can’t help but feel at home with the massive piles of books and folders filled with what must be research papers all piled up around dozens of computers, each displaying a pokemon as well as information on each of them. The tea is probably some of the best you’ve ever had sweet and subtle with a faint spice in the back ground.

You mean 225. I get 270 though 'cause I'm special. :smalltongue:

Fine, whatever. What are you, a shrink or something? Steven says, finally going inside, the Squirtle trotting behind, hoping for some sort of approval that it hasn't yet realized will likely never come.

“Hardly but I do have experience with a variety of pokemon, and since you don’t know about them many pokemon have amazing abilities.” Oak says. When you get into the house section it’s probably one of the nerdish looking rooms you’ve ever seen, tea isn’t exactly your thing but it might help the hang over.

Noticing the others walking inside, Michael hurries along behind them, remaining silent at the moment. The shinx, glaring once more at the sleeping Rhyhorn, follows behind him at his heels.
Edit: And welcome to the party!
So far everyone hates each other.
A fun start =D

As you join the others you can hardly find a seat for all the books and papers, but you manage to with a littlie effort.

Sorry about the late start, this happened to start on my busiest day.
Edit: Poor color choice

Reina looked around the room she found herself in. "A hospital? Oh, that's right, I was injured...I must have lost consciousness."

Reina checks her leg that had been injured before to see if it still looked damaged. If it looks alright, she slowly stands up, testing to see if it still hurts if she puts pressure on it.

Your leg is perfectly fine and you have no trouble walking out of the room.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 10:44 PM
Steven can't help but roll his eyes at the amount of nerd he was currently drenched in. He needed to get out of here for his own sanity.

The Squirtle tries to get on Steven's lap but he shoves it off, the Pokemon falling onto the floor dejectedly.

He grabs a cup of tea, chugging it and hoping it helps with the hangover.

So can you explain what the hell is going on? What is up with the animals here? Why is this thing following me around? And how did we end up here?

Kairose
2013-01-21, 10:46 PM
Glad that her leg seems to be all healed up, Reina walks out of the room, looking for other people. "Hello, anyone?"

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 10:50 PM
Steven can't help but roll his eyes at the amount of nerd he was currently drenched in. He needed to get out of here for his own sanity.

The Squirtle tries to get on Steven's lap but he shoves it off, the Pokemon falling onto the floor dejectedly.

He grabs a cup of tea, chugging it and hoping it helps with the hangover.

So can you explain what the hell is going on? What is up with the animals here? Why is this thing following me around? And how did we end up here?

Oak frowns at the way you chug the expensive tea like it was cheap beer.

“Again I have no idea why you are here, as for the reason that Squirtle is following you is because it’s taken you as it’s trainer and I suggest you treat it a bit more kindly, it might be friendly now but once it gets stronger it could be dangerous if it doesn’t like you.”

Glad that her leg seems to be all healed up, Reina walks out of the room, looking for other people. "Hello, anyone?"

A large pink creature walks up to you sighing. It begins pushing you down the hall ignoring any complaints soon you find yourself in a room with four men and a lot of books.

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 10:52 PM
Michael sits back, planning to let the others do the talking, before the Shinx starts to curl up against his leg.
Well...maybe I should act like the dream? Nothing to lose right?
After a quick side glance at Steven he joins in.
"Where is 'here' for that matter anyway? These balls and creatures...they shouldn't be possible."

Arcran
2013-01-21, 10:53 PM
Maybe if I knew why it thought I was its "trainer" I'd be a little nicer to it.

Let's start of simple. Where is here? Some base under the Pentagon? Area 51?

Prospector
2013-01-21, 10:53 PM
"My, what delicious cup of tea. I have never had anything like it," Prospector said as after finished a cup. He patted Hangaku who sat next to him. "However you asked about our dreams. In my dream I was exploring a fascinating cave system filled with fossilized remains of interesting creatures. I then came upon an giant living metallic insect that was still alive. It stalked me, more appeared, and I was in some sort of forest suddenly." He shivered a little at the thought of being chased. "That's when Hangaku here saved me. I woke up here there after."

Kairose
2013-01-21, 10:55 PM
"Huh? Wait, no need to push." As she is pushed into the room, she looks at the men. "...was it one of you who saved me? Thank you very much." Reina bows as she thanks the strangers for their help.

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 11:06 PM
"Yes, I've been having similar dreams. Fighting in arenas with Vector. They've always seemed realistic but..not like this."

Seeing the newcomer he nods at her and points towards Oak.
"He says he's the one that found us. I suppose you're from the... normal world as well?"

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 11:06 PM
Michael sits back, planning to let the others do the talking, before the Shinx starts to curl up against his leg.
Well...maybe I should act like the dream? Nothing to lose right?
After a quick side glance at Steven he joins in.
"Where is 'here' for that matter anyway? These balls and creatures...they shouldn't be possible."

Maybe if I knew why it thought I was its "trainer" I'd be a little nicer to it.

Let's start of simple. Where is here? Some base under the Pentagon? Area 51?

"My, what delicious cup of tea. I have never had anything like it," Prospector said as after finished a cup. He patted Hangaku who sat next to him. "However you asked about our dreams. In my dream I was exploring a fascinating cave system filled with fossilized remains of interesting creatures. I then came upon an giant living metallic insect that was still alive. It stalked me, more appeared, and I was in some sort of forest suddenly." He shivered a little at the thought of being chased. "That's when Hangaku here saved me. I woke up here there after."

"Huh? Wait, no need to push." As she is pushed into the room, she looks at the men. "...was it one of you who saved me? Thank you very much." Reina bows as she thanks the strangers for their help.

He answers Michal first. “You are in the Kanto Region, the creatures are pokemon, those devices are called pokeballs, using a process that’s a bit to complex to explain right now it converts matter to energy allowing them to be contained.” Oak says clearly happy to be talking to someone of intellect. “I’ve dedicated my life to studying these amazing creatures but that’s for another time.” turning to Steven “A trainer is simple put the person who cares for a pokemon and teaches it how to draw out it’s full ability, everyone has a different reason for training the most common being fame and money.”

His eyebrow perks up at Prospector’s words “Very interesting I have some books that you may find interesting, and I would like to talk with you a bit more about the pokemon you saw in your dream it sounds like something I’ve only ever read about.” noticing the girl standing in the door way he waves politely “I believe that you may have the same bizarre circumstances as the others.” he gets up to offer you his seat along with a cup of tea.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 11:08 PM
I had similar dreams. Giant creatures fighting in arenas, smashing into each other with a sound like a thunderclap, he syas, unusually poetic of him.

Are these fights... real? Do you have tapes of them or something?

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 11:12 PM
I had similar dreams. Giant creatures fighting in arenas, smashing into each other with a sound like a thunderclap, he syas, unusually poetic of him.

Are these fights... real? Do you have tapes of them or something?

“Pokemon battles are very real and very common, though most are fairly low key. But if you want to see some of the more impressive ones I have a collection of recordings from my younger days.” adjusting his lab coat Oak gets a grin on his face “I was League Champion for nearly twenty years before Lance came along.”

Kairose
2013-01-21, 11:13 PM
"...Normal world?" Reina looks around the room, seeing the pokémon, and hearing Oak's comment. "...this is a different world? Those creatures do remind me of those dreams..." Reina wondered for a moment what happened to that creatures she had seen in the forest before finding herself in the hospital, as she took the seat offered by the Professor, thanking him, and taking a sip of the tea she had been offered.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 11:14 PM
“Pokemon battles are very real and very common, though most are fairly low key. But if you want to see some of the more impressive ones I have a collection of recordings from my younger days.” adjusting his lab coat Oak gets a grin on his face “I was League Champion for nearly twenty years before Lance came along.”

Could you show me? Steven asks, wanting some hard proof of this world.

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 11:16 PM
"Can we see some of them?

And for recap... these creatures are raised and trained to be...pets essentially? That also can be used to fight with. Whats to keep them from attacking their owners?"

Prospector
2013-01-21, 11:27 PM
His eyebrow perks up at Prospector’s words “Very interesting I have some books that you may find interesting, and I would like to talk with you a bit more about the pokemon you saw in your dream it sounds like something I’ve only ever read about.” noticing the girl standing in the door way he waves politely “I believe that you may have the same bizarre circumstances as the others.” he gets up to offer you his seat along with a cup of tea.

Prospector perks up at the mention books on these marvelous 'Pokemon'. He takes the refilled cup saying, "Thank you Professor Oak. I would love the opportunity to look through your material on these 'Pokemon'. And I too would enjoy seeing videos of these marvelous creatures in action."

Kairose
2013-01-21, 11:34 PM
"Wait, battles? But...why do you fight?" Reina, having come in a bit late, was picking up on the conversation a bit slowly.

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 11:38 PM
Could you show me? Steven asks, wanting some hard proof of this world.

"Can we see some of them?

And for recap... these creatures are raised and trained to be...pets essentially? That also can be used to fight with. Whats to keep them from attacking their owners?"

Prospector perks up at the mention books on these marvelous 'Pokemon'. He takes the refilled cup saying, "Thank you Professor Oak. I would love the opportunity to look through your material on these 'Pokemon'. And I too would enjoy seeing videos of these marvelous creatures in action."

“Give me a moment.” he says going over to a shelf he digs around for several seconds and pulls out a disc “Here we go it’s one of my first battles in the league.” he pulls out a remote and with a press of a button a wall parts to revel a large screen. As the disc loads Oak explains “Most pokemon are rater intelligent and find human companionship very pleasant, and they are not terribly aggressive.” he explains “As for battles it’s the same reason that people compete in most sports to show their strength and test themselves.” Oak goes silent as a scene appears on the screen. “And the challenger Samuel Oak has crushed the Elite Four with no effort!” An announcer says “And now he’s going up against the Champion.”

The camera pans to a handsome young man, he’s got thick dark hair and a confident grin that make’s even Steven look humble. “That was me in my prime.” Oak says with a small laugh. The scene cuts to another man handsome is the last word to describe him, a missing eye with a thick jagged scar running down his face, he doesn’t say a word as he tosses out a pokeball.Ahuge stone snake just like the one from Steven’s dream appears, a
few moments the same red fiery dragon appears. The fight is fast and brutal the dragon letting out torrents of flame so hot that the ground melts slightly, and each of the snakes movements tear out huge chunks of earth mostly nearly the size of a car. Each one though is smashed to pieces.

Before very long the dragon lends the fight by slamming it’s burning tail into the snake hard enough to
nearly shatter it’s lower jaw.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 11:40 PM
“Give me a moment.” he says going over to a shelf he digs around for several seconds and pulls out a disc “Here we go it’s one of my first battles in the league.” he pulls out a remote and with a press of a button a wall parts to revel a large screen. As the disc loads Oak explains “Most pokemon are rater intelligent and find human companionship very pleasant, and they are not terribly aggressive.” he explains “As for battles it’s the same reason that people compete in most sports to show their strength and test themselves.” Oak goes silent as a scene appears on the screen. “And the challenger Samuel Oak has crushed the Elite Four with no effort!” An announcer says “And now he’s going up against the Champion.”

The camera pans to a handsome young man, he’s got thick dark hair and a confident grin that make’s even Steven look humble. “That was me in my prime.” Oak says with a small laugh. The scene cuts to another man handsome is the last word to describe him, a missing eye with a thick jagged scar running down his face, he doesn’t say a word as he tosses out a pokeball.Ahuge stone snake just like the one from Steven’s dream appears, a
few moments the same red fiery dragon appears. The fight is fast and brutal the dragon letting out torrents of flame so hot that the ground melts slightly, and each of the snakes movements tear out huge chunks of earth mostly nearly the size of a car. Each one though is smashed to pieces.

Before very long the dragon lends the fight by slamming it’s burning tail into the snake hard enough to
nearly shatter it’s lower jaw.

That's the fight from my dream... Steven mutters, looking at the battle.

And this is all legal? Normal? he questions, wondering about the society they had been dropped into. You don't get put into prison for this kind of stuff?

And is it to the death?

Grand Silver
2013-01-21, 11:50 PM
“It’s perfectly legal, in fact the League branch of the government, and while death is a possibility it is rare and most pokemon are far more durable than you might think, the Rhyorn you dealt with earlier was a bit malnourished from and injury it got a while back.” Oak says. “As for your dream I’m binging to get an idea but I’ll need the full details of each one.” He pulls out a file “If I’m right you’ll need to do a bit of traveling I’ll get you each a trainer license soon.” as he speaks he suddenly looks to Reina “Oh I forgot but here’s your pokemon.” he says handing you a small orb.

“Incidentally you should think up a good name for Squirtle, they grow up to be very powerful.”

Anonyman
2013-01-21, 11:50 PM
"Man...how long does it take to raise something like that? This is insane. There isnt a human alive that could fight either one of those things."
His eyes look around the room at the various books.

"Do you happen to have any books for...beginners? Or if you think its possible, maybe one explaining how these energy balls work? This stuff is...fascinating. The things we could do in the real world with this kind of energy transfer..."

Prospector
2013-01-21, 11:55 PM
"Fascinating," Prospector said as he watched the tape. "The sheer power of these creatures are capable of dwarfs anything back home. What sort of metabolism do they have? What sort environment did these things evolve in where such power was necessary for survival?"

Arcran
2013-01-21, 11:57 PM
“It’s perfectly legal, in fact the League branch of the government, and while death is a possibility it is rare and most pokemon are far more durable than you might think, the Rhyorn you dealt with earlier was a bit malnourished from and injury it got a while back.” Oak says. “As for your dream I’m binging to get an idea but I’ll need the full details of each one.” He pulls out a file “If I’m right you’ll need to do a bit of traveling I’ll get you each a trainer license soon.” as he speaks he suddenly looks to Reina “Oh I forgot but here’s your pokemon.” he says handing you a small orb.

“Incidentally you should think up a good name for Squirtle, they grow up to be very powerful.”

Steven just shakes his head.

This is insane, he mutters, completely perplexed.

My dream was that fight. Almost exactly. I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but there's that, he says completely baffled.

He looks at the other people. The Professor guy had something about a journey, right? He looks at his possible companions. That one with the dinosaur was a prick. He didn't like him much. The girl could be-nah, she was a prude. He could tell just by looking at her. That leaves the other nerd. He seemed about as comfortable as he did, so that made him the best option.

Yo, nerd, he says to Michael, waiving a hand at him. You-uh, want a buddy to travel with?

Dear God, please don't tell anybody at home about this.

After that he picks up the Squirtle. The thing looked like a tank. It reminded him of a football formation; Tatonka. That was long for a name though.

I'll call you Tonka. See that fight? That's going to be you. You are going to be the best goddamn Pokeman-thing out there and kick all their asses, understand? he says, looking at the beast with newfound respect after seeing the fight.

Kairose
2013-01-22, 12:02 AM
"Huh? I had one of these?" Reina pushes the button on the ball, releasing the Oddish within. "Oh! It's you! I'm glad to finally meet you, Flora." The plant smiled at Reina, happy to meet it's friend.

Grand Silver
2013-01-22, 12:07 AM
"Man...how long does it take to raise something like that? This is insane. There isnt a human alive that could fight either one of those things."
His eyes look around the room at the various books.

"Do you happen to have any books for...beginners? Or if you think its possible, maybe one explaining how these energy balls work? This stuff is...fascinating. The things we could do in the real world with this kind of energy transfer..."

"Fascinating," Prospector said as he watched the tape. "The sheer power of these creatures are capable of dwarfs anything back home. What sort of metabolism do they have? What sort environment did these things evolve in where such power was necessary for survival?"

“I have quite a few books on all of those subjects, many written by none other than myself.” Oak says. “But if you don’t care to study in depth.” he looks to Steven “I also have Pokedex’s, a handheld computer that has information on all known species of pokemon.” he goes to a desk and rummages trough it “I created them but they have been massively expanded and improved upon with the help of many different people.” he pulls out four devices each a bit smaller than a electronic tablet. “If you like you can change the colors later but red is traditional.” he hands each of you one

Count all the pokemon you’ve seen except the dream ones.

Anonyman
2013-01-22, 12:08 AM
A travelling partner eh...
The guy seemed extremely quick tempered but...he also seemed to be the only one as freaked out as he was. The two others seemed far too comfortable with all this. Plus the guy did attempt to buy him an escape at the very start without even knowing him.

"Yea. This place is far too unreal for me to want to risk travelling alone anyway. We're in a similar situation, so might as well watch each other's back.
Travel sounds like a good option. Maybe things will start making a little bit of sense eventually."

Well, as long as he could keep the guy civil they should be fine. Or at least out of jail. They still had jail in this world right?
He filed that thought under "worry about later".

He happily takes the pokedex. A computer! Finally something that he could work and feel like he was at home. He tinkers away at it while speaking to Professor Oak.
"On the matter of learning about these things...is there a way to get more as well? "

And we've seen now...7? Our 4 starters, Rhydon, chansey, and Butterfry? Though I guess we've only pokedex'd 4 of them.

Grand Silver
2013-01-22, 12:16 AM
A travelling partner eh...
The guy seemed extremely quick tempered but...he also seemed to be the only one as freaked out as he was. The two others seemed far too comfortable with all this. Plus the guy did attempt to buy him an escape at the very start without even knowing him.

"Yea. This place is far too unreal for me to want to risk travelling alone anyway. We're in a similar situation, so might as well watch each other's back.
Travel sounds like a good option. Maybe things will start making a little bit of sense eventually."

Well, as long as he could keep the guy civil they should be fine. Or at least out of jail. They still had jail in this world right?
He filed that thought under "worry about later".

He happily takes the pokedex. A computer! Finally something that he could work and feel like he was at home. He tinkers away at it while speaking to Professor Oak.
"On the matter of learning about these things...is there a way to get more as well? "

And we've seen now...7? Our 4 starters, Rhydon, chansey, and Butterfry?

“Of course you can use an empty pokeball, after you’ve weakened them a bit most pokemon are incapable of resisting the energies involved, there are several tricks to make it easier, somewhere amongst all of this is a book that talks all about techniques to minimize capture effort.”

Charizard and Onix from the tape and a Blissy.

Arcran
2013-01-22, 12:18 AM
“I have quite a few books on all of those subjects, many written by none other than myself.” Oak says. “But if you don’t care to study in depth.” he looks to Steven “I also have Pokedex’s, a handheld computer that has information on all known species of pokemon.” he goes to a desk and rummages trough it “I created them but they have been massively expanded and improved upon with the help of many different people.” he pulls out four devices each a bit smaller than a electronic tablet. “If you like you can change the colors later but red is traditional.” he hands each of you one

Steven can't help but chuckle. Why'd they all think he was so dumb? He kept a 3.0. He was plenty smart. Smart enough for Stanford to look at him!

So, how does one go about being a "Pokeblob Trainer?" Do we roam the country battling as we will or something? he says, chuckling at the absurdity of that statement. If he was going to be stuck here, he might as well do as they do. "When in Greece" or whatever the hell it was.

He gives a nod to Michael. While he'd never admit it, he'd be glad to have a traveling partner.

Kairose
2013-01-22, 12:20 AM
"Oh, thank you, I'm sure this will be very useful." Reina took the pokédex, before remembering something important before she awoke in the hospital. "Oh! There was a pink creature in the forest before I woke up here, it told me to 'save the lost one', but I'm not sure what it is I'm suppossed to save..."

I missed out on the Rhyhorn, Blissey, and Butterfree, I believe, so that should put me at 7, correct?

Anonyman
2013-01-22, 12:21 AM
Michael immediately begins searching for said book, looking for anything that might talk about the mechanics of pokeballs.

"If I find it, would you mind if I borrowed it for my trip? It sounds like something I'll need to know."

Arcran
2013-01-22, 12:21 AM
We don't get Rhyhorn, Chansey, or Butterfree. We didn't have a 'dex at that point.

Prospector
2013-01-22, 12:26 AM

Prospector eagerly took the Professor's offer on the Pokedex. "Thank you. I would love to have one such device. However I still would like to pursue your library though." Hearing the others talk of traveling in groups for safety made sense to him. "Traveling in a group seems prudent in a world filled with creatures that can kill you with fire."

Arcran
2013-01-22, 12:29 AM
Prospector eagerly took the Professor's offer on the Pokedex. "Thank you. I would love to have one such device. However I still would like to pursue your library though." Hearing the others talk of traveling in groups for safety made sense to him. "Traveling in a group seems prudent in a world filled with creatures that can kill you with fire."

Sorry, there's only room for two here, he says, leering at the nerd, grinning slightly at the developing black eye.

Grand Silver
2013-01-22, 12:37 AM
“It’s pokeMon,” Oak corrects “And there are many different way to go about training but the best is visiting the gyms, many strong trainers use them as gathering places to test their skills against others who share an interest in the same type of pokemon.” he says. As he looks you all over a hint of nostalgia gleams in his eyes “The closet one is in Viridian City, but I think it would be best if you stayed here for a least a few days to get accustomed to things.” walks over to the window “But I should warn you pokemon are they only dangerous thing out there.” his voice grows dark “Lately there have been a lot of reports of criminal group called Team Rocket, they don’t care about the safety or well being of pokemon in the least.”

“They treat them as littlie more than tools or weapons.” At Reina’s words he seems to snap out of the funk “How would you describe it, long tale, blue eyes, or a blob this is very important.” he sounds like he may start to hyperventilate. “Yes you can have any book you want.” he seems to barely pay attention to anyone other than Reina now.

I’m letting you get them retroactively let’s just say Oak programmed them in. and as for Kai you did miss them but you'll get a chance.

Prospector
2013-01-22, 12:37 AM
Sorry, there's only room for two here, he says, leering at the nerd, grinning slightly at the developing black eye.

Prospector completely ignored the barbaric buffoon, focusing on Michael. "What is your opinion on the matter Michael? Would you like to travel with me and Hangaku?"

Arcran, Hangaku intercepted that attack. Your hand probably hurts. Nevermind.

Arcran
2013-01-22, 12:39 AM
Prospector completely ignored the barbaric buffoon, focusing on Michael. "What is your opinion on the matter Michael? Would you like to travel with me and Hangaku?"

Arcran, Hangaku intercepted that attack. Your hand probably hurts.

Prospector, that takes a roll. You might want to actually do that. Since you didn't roll I assumed a failure.

Prospector
2013-01-22, 12:40 AM
Sorry I did not realize that a roll was involved.
[roll0]

Arcran
2013-01-22, 12:40 AM
Sorry I did not realize that a roll was involved.
[roll0]

You were punched in teh face and have a black eye.

Prospector
2013-01-22, 12:45 AM
You were punched in teh face and have a black eye.

Yes. And Steven is an ass. :yuk:

Kairose
2013-01-22, 12:48 AM
“They treat them as littlie more than tools or weapons.” At Reina’s words he seems to snap out of the funk “How would you describe it, long tale, blue eyes, or a blob this is very important.” he sounds like he may start to hyperventilate. “Yes you can have any book you want.” he seems to barely pay attention to anyone other than Reina now.

"It was the one with blue eyes and a long tail. I really want to help it, but I'm not sure what to do..."

Alright. I mainly wanted to confirm my count, anyway.

Anonyman
2013-01-22, 12:49 AM
"Hmm...if you thought you could avoid fighting each other, a third or fourth wouldn't hurt if we'll be in the wilderness. Especially if this Team Rocket attempts to fight with people with their Pokemon.
Though if you two can't be civil it may be more of a problem for everyone.
In the end, how much are you willing to compromise for safety?
Michael pauses between lines, as if he's picking his words very carefully.

He gestures towards the screen.
"If we came across one of these things, could the two of us survive? I think we should have as many as wont slow us down."

He goes back to tinkering with the Pokedex.
"But in the end if you two can't stay calm it will just slow everyone down and make it more dangerous in the process. We won't be able to get anything done if we spend all day trying to punch each other in the face."
Noticing the actual damage done from before he coughs.
"Erm...figuratively. That is."

Arcran
2013-01-22, 12:55 AM
"Hmm...if you thought you could avoid fighting each other, a third or fourth wouldn't hurt if we'll be in the wilderness. Especially if this Team Rocket attempts to fight with people with their Pokemon.
Though if you two can't be civil it may be more of a problem for everyone.
In the end, how much are you willing to compromise for safety?
Michael pauses between lines, as if he's picking his words very carefully.

He gestures towards the screen.
"If we came across one of these things, could the two of us survive? I think we should have as many as wont slow us down."

He goes back to tinkering with the Pokedex.
"But in the end if you two can't stay calm it will just slow everyone down and make it more dangerous in the process. We won't be able to get anything done if we spend all day trying to punch each other in the face."
Noticing the actual damage done from before he coughs.
"Erm...figuratively. That is."

Steven looks at Michael, a betrayed look on his face despite just having met the kid.

On second thought, I think I'm better off on my own, he says, getting up to shake the Professor's hand.

I'm sorry about, you know... he says, gesturing all around. It's just... Well, see it my point of view. I wake up in a hospital to a creature that shouldn't even exist, and you're surrounded by other stuff that shouldn't exist, and then there's that giant butterfly, he says, obviously distressed.

Anyways, any tips for becoming the best battler ever? Or any supplies that I should pick up on my way out of town?

And what do you guys use for money? I should probably find some of that...

Anonyman
2013-01-22, 01:02 AM
Michael stands up as well.
"Going alone is the absolute worst thing you could do.
We are all in the same mess. None of this makes any sense at all dammit, and if we're going to survive with this world thinking we're all insane we may as well have some backup."

"Look, I'm just as freaked out about this as well. But I think the best way for all of us is to be as careful as we can. Like I said, if we have to split up in pairs to have the best odds we should, but going at it alone would be SUICIDE."
Noticing how loud his outburst was he nervously sits back down.

"Why don't we try it out at first? It's easier to split up than regroup. If we find that peace just cannot be kept we can split up into two pairs."
He looks around hopefully.

Arcran
2013-01-22, 01:03 AM
Michael stands up as well.
"Going alone is the absolute worst thing you could do.
We are all in the same mess. None of this makes any sense at all dammit, and if we're going to survive with this world thinking we're all insane we may as well have some backup."

"Look, I'm just as freaked out about this as well. But I think the best way for all of us is to be as careful as we can. Like I said, if we have to split up in pairs to have the best odds we should, but going at it alone would be SUICIDE."
Noticing how loud his outburst was he nervously sits back down.

"Why don't we try it out at first? It's easier to split up than regroup. If we find that peace just cannot be kept we can split up into two pairs."
He looks around hopefully.

I'll take my chances. I can handle more than you'd think.

Grand Silver
2013-01-22, 01:10 AM
"It was the one with blue eyes and a long tail. I really want to help it, but I'm not sure what to do..."

Alright. I mainly wanted to confirm my count, anyway.

Oak’s eyes go wide with amazement “My girl you saw MEW!” he nearly yells backing up “I’ve spent my entire life trying to even find a single hair and you’ve seen it!” Oak rushes over to a computer and quickly types something in muttering to himself “I think you just answered why all of you are here.” Oak proclaims turning around an almost manic look in his eyes.

Anonyman
2013-01-22, 01:11 AM
"Yesterday I thought I knew how physics worked. Today I discovered I was wrong.
I'm not saying you can't handle yourself. I'm sure you're a hundred times better at it than I am. Hell, if I were in a city I'd need a map not to get lost.
But I think staying together would be safer and more efficient for all of us. And I believe that I can trust you to watch my back. If you are staunchly against it I will concede, but I would ask you to at least consider trying it for now."

He awkwardly attempts to put his hand out for a handshake.

Disturbed by the overexcited professor, and long tuning out their conversation, he turns to the two of them.

"Um...maybe we should discuss this outside."

Arcran
2013-01-22, 01:12 AM
"Yesterday I thought I knew how physics worked. Today I discovered I was wrong.
I'm not saying you can't handle yourself. I'm sure you're a hundred times better at it than I am. Hell, if I were in a city I'd need a map not to get lost.
But I think staying together would be safer and more efficient for all of us. And I believe that I can trust you to watch my back. If you are staunchly against it I will concede, but I would ask you to at least consider trying it for now."

He awkwardly attempts to put his hand out for a handshake.

Fine. I'll give it a shot. But one more piece of crap from him, he says, not even gracing Prospector with his name, And I'm gone, understand?

Uh, you okay? he says, looking at the Professor.

Prospector
2013-01-22, 01:20 AM
Prospector simply ignored Steven's jabs. "Professor, may I start reading through library? I need to bone up on this world's science before I leave. What is so special about this Mew?"

Kairose
2013-01-22, 01:20 AM
Oak’s eyes go wide with amazement “My girl you saw MEW!” he nearly yells backing up “I’ve spent my entire life trying to even find a single hair and you’ve seen it!” Oak rushes over to a computer and quickly types something in muttering to himself “I think you just answered why all of you are here.” Oak proclaims turning around an almost manic look in his eyes.

Reina was caught by surprise at the Professor's outburst. "So it's name is Mew...." she thought to herself, before replying to him. "So we're here to help Mew? I'll do whatever I can."

Grand Silver
2013-01-22, 01:26 AM
“Okay I’m beyond okay!” he says taking a deep breath to calm himself “The storm that led me to all of you was unusual…very unusual it had a high concentration of psychic energy, far beyond anything even a dozen high level Alakazam could generate.” he takes another deep breath “There are some pokemon that unbelievably powerful known as Legendaries, Mew is among them, I believe that Mew along with some other Legendary pokemon brought you here.” Oak says his voice rising in excitement again.

“If they are responsible for it than there must be some very important reason for it, I believe that it really is in your best interest to stay together.” Oak adds sensing the tension in the group.

Arcran
2013-01-22, 01:28 AM
“Okay I’m beyond okay!” he says taking a deep breath to calm himself “The storm that led me to all of you was unusual…very unusual it had a high concentration of psychic energy, far beyond anything even a dozen high level Alakazam could generate.” he takes another deep breath “There are some pokemon that unbelievably powerful known as Legendaries, Mew is among them, I believe that Mew along with some other Legendary pokemon brought you here.” Oak says his voice rising in excitement again.

“If they are responsible for it than there must be some very important reason for it, I believe that it really is in your best interest to stay together.” Oak adds sensing the tension in the group.

Steven sighs.

I'll stick with them. Somebody has to keep them safe.

He can always leave if they're slowing him down anyways.

What are these Legendaries? Gods here? Are they real?

Anonyman
2013-01-22, 01:34 AM
Glad that the peace had been kept, Michael sits down.

"I was worried for a moment that I'd be the only person who doesn't find this whole thing ridiculous.
And now we're talking about gods. Dammit, I didn't even like them in the real world."

Kairose
2013-01-22, 01:37 AM
"I don't know if they're gods, but they must be real! Mew asked me to save someone!"

Grand Silver
2013-01-22, 01:49 AM
“Whether or not they are Gods is a deeply debated subject that has gone on for a very long time, But I am a scientist and don’t care to get into a religious debate.” Oak comments making his stance very clear “But no one denies that they are more powerful than any other pokemon, some Legendaries are more powerful than others Ho-oh for example has been known to bring pokemon and humans back from the dead, the few traces of Mew that have been found indicate that it is an ancestral relative to all known species.” he sits down on the floor looking over some papers.

“I have two colleges how will be able to help, first is Bill an expert in teleportation he’s responsible for modernizing pokeballs, He lives in Cerulean city it's a few weeks away, the second is Blaine he’s the greatest expert on Legendary pokemon in the world, He lives on Cinnabar on ’ll take a few months to get there.” he gathers up the papers and goes back to the computer “I’m going to get to work on you licenses now, feel free to explore the lab but make sure to listen to everything the lb techs tell you, it’d be shame if you were eaten or worse.”

Prospector
2013-01-22, 01:51 AM
Prospector didn't say anything while the others let loose a barrage of questions. He simply sat back and waited for the Professor answered the question. I wonder if what stalked me was one of these 'Legendaries? And if so what it wanted? I can't imagine it simply wanted to eat me. Or he hoped.

Arcran
2013-01-22, 01:54 AM
“Whether or not they are Gods is a deeply debated subject that has gone on for a very long time, But I am a scientist and don’t care to get into a religious debate.” Oak comments making his stance very clear “But no one denies that they are more powerful than any other pokemon, some Legendaries are more powerful than others Ho-oh for example has been known to bring pokemon and humans back from the dead, the few traces of Mew that have been found indicate that it is an ancestral relative to all known species.” he sits down on the floor looking over some papers.

“I have two colleges how will be able to help, first is Bill an expert in teleportation he’s responsible for modernizing pokeballs, He lives in Cerulean city about half a week away, the second is Blaine he’s the greatest expert on Legendary pokemon in the world, He lives on Cinnabar on foot it’ll take roughly two months to get there.” he gathers up the papers and goes back to the computer “I’m going to get to work on you licenses now, feel free to explore the lab but make sure to listen to everything the lb techs tell you, it’d be shame if you were eaten or worse.”

Half a week to cross the continent? And 2 months to get to an island on foot?

Steven sits on the chair, looking at his new Pokemon.

So.... What do you do?

Anonyman
2013-01-22, 02:09 AM
Yea, we gotta have all those filler episodes in between! =P

"Well, I guess I'll see if I can't find someone to teach me how to...'catch' these pokemon. The more we have the better. Anyone you can recommend Professor?"

Well, exactly what he said! Go off to look for someone who might explain the basics via Professor Oak's recommendation

Grand Silver
2013-01-22, 02:22 AM
Half a week to cross the continent? And 2 months to get to an island on foot?

Steven sits on the chair, looking at his new Pokemon.

So.... What do you do?

Yea, we gotta have all those filler episodes in between! =P

"Well, I guess I'll see if I can't find someone to teach me how to...'catch' these pokemon. The more we have the better. Anyone you can recommend Professor?"

Well, exactly what he said! Go off to look for someone who might explain the basics via Professor Oak's recommendation

Oak looks up from his computer for a second “You want to practice there’s obstacle course outside it should give you a good idea of what he’s capable of one of the techs can show you the way, Mr. Steven.” Oak has to think for a few seconds before answering Michel “There’s a young boy in town who’s devolved a few tricks that seem to work very well you can usually find him at the local park playing baseball.”

Looking to Prospector “If you want to research some more,” he picks up the same remote that reveled the TV “Feel free.” at the press of a button on of the walls opens to reveal a library bigger than your house the smell of all the ink and dust is nearly enough to make you dizzy.

Anonyman
2013-01-22, 02:27 AM
With a nod, Michael exits the room to go find this boy. May as well explore a bit around town while he's at it.
He keeps his pokedex out as well, just in case he runs across any more of these strange creatures.

Kairose
2013-01-22, 02:46 AM
"...If we're going to be waiting, I think I'm just going to play with Flora for a bit, get to know her better, if that's alright." If allowed, Reina finds her way outside, and looks for a place that seems to appeal to the Oddish, and tries to learn more about her new partner there.

Grand Silver
2013-01-22, 04:34 AM
With a nod, Michael exits the room to go find this boy. May as well explore a bit around town while he's at it.
He keeps his pokedex out as well, just in case he runs across any more of these strange creatures.

As you walk trough town see a few animals that must be pokemon, a pack of large purplish rats scurrying around, a pair black and orange dogs play fighting with small flickers of flame coming from their mouths every now and than. When you get to the park the first thing you notice is a woman sitting on a bench playing a violin to a group of dancing sunflowers, it looks almost like a scene from some old time cartoon. It’s pretty entertaining as the sway and twirl in rhythm to music being played

You can’t help but watch them for a few minutes. Once you move on it takes very littlie time to find the boy Oak told you about, judging from his height he’s around eleven or twelve. He’s got a bucket full of baseballs and he’s tossing each one at a small pokemon the looks like a pink rabbit covered in spikes it knock each one out of the air with a kick.

As you approach the small pokemon tenses a bit alerting the boy “What do you want?” he asks in a rather snotty voice not bothering to turn around.

Add Rattata, Growlithe, Sunflora, and Nidoran male

"...If we're going to be waiting, I think I'm just going to play with Flora for a bit, get to know her better, if that's alright." If allowed, Reina finds her way outside, and looks for a place that seems to appeal to the Oddish, and tries to learn more about her new partner there.

There’s really nothing for you to do so you soon find a lab tech who offers to take to the garden. When you get outside you are meet with a beautiful sight rows of tress with a variety of fruits that you’ve never seen as well as quite a few pokemon. Of all different shapes and sizes, something that looks like a dinosaur with bananas growing out of it’s neck, a bunch of green monkeys swinging around between the tree branches and a small flock of birds that look vaguely similar to pigeons. Nearby is a pond filled with a bunch of fish with horns that jump into the air now and than, their frilly tales shimmering in the air.

Once you get over the wonder of it you find a nice spot under one of the large tress that has just the right amount of shade.

Add Tropius,Pansage,Pidgey,Goldeen

Anonyman
2013-01-22, 09:18 AM
"Proffessor Oak said you were the best person around to teach me how to catch Pokemon."

Somewhat embarressed to be asking that from an 11 year old he adds,
"I'm well...rather new around here."

Arcran
2013-01-22, 09:29 AM
Steven heads out to the obstacle course, planning to make the Squirtle work its little ass off.

Prospector
2013-01-22, 10:45 AM
Looking to Prospector “If you want to research some more,” he picks up the same remote that reveled the TV “Feel free.” at the press of a button on of the walls opens to reveal a library bigger than your house the smell of all the ink and dust is nearly enough to make you dizzy.

Prospector looks up eagerly from his tea and replies, "Thank you Professor Oak." He immediately dives into the library like a rabid dog on a steak. The speed at which he reads through the material would astonish anyone who didn't know him. People would be equally impressed that he retained everything.

However, it almost seemed like he had read a lot of this material before in how easily it came. It usually took him several days to process the information after completely reading one textbook in a day or so. Now though it made perfect sense after finished one book and could see how it related all the others he had read.

Grand Silver
2013-01-22, 04:57 PM
"Proffessor Oak said you were the best person around to teach me how to catch Pokemon."

Somewhat embarressed to be asking that from an 11 year old he adds,
"I'm well...rather new around here."

The kid turns around and looks at you “Yeah I’m pretty good I’ve caught pokemon that even adults have a hard time with.” The kid says putting his hand on his hips “I’m guessing you want some tips?’ he reaches into the bucket and pulls out a ball tossing it to you “Let’s see what ya got.” his voice is a bit mocking like he doesn’t expect anything from you.

Steven heads out to the obstacle course, planning to make the Squirtle work its little ass off.

On your way outside you see more of the blobs waddling around one of them shooting you a harsh glare before making the “I’m watching you” gesture. You find the course easily it looks a bit simple but this is new to both of you so it’s for the best, it starts with a long pool, than a set of targets for Squirtle to knock down, and ends with a series of poles to zig-zag trough.

Add Chansey and Blissy and Squirtle gets 120 exp.

Prospector looks up eagerly from his tea and replies, "Thank you Professor Oak." He immediately dives into the library like a rabid dog on a steak. The speed at which he reads through the material would astonish anyone who didn't know him. People would be equally impressed that he retained everything.

However, it almost seemed like he had read a lot of this material before in how easily it came. It usually took him several days to process the information after completely reading one textbook in a day or so. Now though it made perfect sense after finished one book and could see how it related all the others he had read.

Sa you read some of the pokemon before wonder in setting down a tray with more tea and small small light cookies. Even with your voracious reading you still only get through about half of the books but you now know all the general details of most of the pokemon in the world. Once you are finished it’s close to dinner time.

Add Chansey and Blissy

Anonyman
2013-01-22, 05:19 PM
Somewhat unsure of the idea of throwing a baseball at a nidoran, he shrugs and gets ready.
He wasn't the strongest, but his fine hand coordination was great. He might not have the best speed, but his aim should be good enough...
[roll0] dex check I guess?

Prospector
2013-01-22, 05:19 PM
Sa you read some of the pokemon before wonder in setting down a tray with more tea and small small light cookies. Even with your voracious reading you still only get through about half of the books but you now know all the general details of most of the pokemon in the world. Once you are finished it’s close to dinner time.

"Thank you," Prospector said absentmindedly when the food was brought in. When he had finished the halfway mark his stomach let out a groan of protest. Well I suppose I need to take care of myself, and noticing Hangaku's curled form by his feet, and certain overgrown lizard. A smile crossed his face. He gently nudged Hangaku awake, saying, "Come on Hangaku. Let us go see what the Professor has for dinner, shall we?" She gently uncurled herself and got up. Blinking a few times and yawning, she finally replied, "Cran!" He simply nodded and made his way out of the library and towards the kitchen.

Arcran
2013-01-22, 05:25 PM
Steven looks at the Squirtle, dissapointed with its speed.

Do it again and do it faster, he says, his face devoid of emotion.

Grand Silver
2013-01-22, 05:37 PM
Steven looks at the Squirtle, dissapointed with its speed.

Do it again and do it faster, he says, his face devoid of emotion.

The Squirtle frowns for a moment before doing it again visibly struggling to speed up, thought it’s not by much he does manage to take nearly a minute of his first run. As soon as he finishes he starts up again before even being told to it’s clear that he wants to impress you. After a few more runs it’s improved quite a betaking very few wasted movements but before it can run again of the lab techs shows up and informs you that the track is closed for the day and that it’s nearly dinner time, only know to you realize the only thing you’ve had all day was the cup of tea

480xp.

Kairose
2013-01-22, 05:40 PM
"There really are a lot of these 'pokémon' here..." Reina thought to herself as she looked around the garden, before sitting down to bond with her leafy companion.

Grand Silver
2013-01-22, 05:45 PM
"There really are a lot of these 'pokémon' here..." Reina thought to herself as she looked around the garden, before sitting down to bond with her leafy companion.

As you sit down with the Oddish you can feel a strange warmth welling up inside your body it spreads out filling every sense, you Flora seems to react extending a leaf toward your hand.

I’ll let you role-play the conversation with Flora after all it’s your starter

Kairose
2013-01-22, 06:19 PM
Reina touched Flora's leaf, being careful not to damage her friend. "I'm glad to finally meet you when I'm awake, Flora." To her surprise, she heard a voice answer her back. "I've been waiting for you! I'm glad I get to meet you too, Reina." Reina was almost speechless, the only one of these creatures she had heard since she had arrived was Mew, and had assumed that most of them couldn't speak with humans. "Huh? I can understand you...it's just like in my dreams." The pokémon smiled back at her. "That's right! You're special, you can understand us better than most humans. That power will help us become great friends!" Reina smiled at that, glad that she and her partner already thought alike. "Yeah, we're going to be best friends, Flora. I couldn't have asked for a better partner than you. Let's do our best together, alright?" The oddish nodded happily, or at least, did the closest thing to a nod a creature with no torso and stubby legs can do. As she played with Flora a bit longer, Reina wondered if she might be able to use this power to connect with other pokémon as well.

Grand Silver
2013-01-22, 06:30 PM
Reina touched Flora's leaf, being careful not to damage her friend. "I'm glad to finally meet you when I'm awake, Flora." To her surprise, she heard a voice answer her back. "I've been waiting for you! I'm glad I get to meet you too, Reina." Reina was almost speechless, the only one of these creatures she had heard since she had arrived was Mew, and had assumed that most of them couldn't speak with humans. "Huh? I can understand you...it's just like in my dreams." The pokémon smiled back at her. "That's right! You're special, you can understand us better than most humans. That power will help us become great friends!" Reina smiled at that, glad that she and her partner already thought alike. "Yeah, we're going to be best friends, Flora. I couldn't have asked for a better partner than you. Let's do our best together, alright?" The oddish nodded happily, or at least, did the closest thing to a nod a creature with no torso and stubby legs can do. As she played with Flora a bit longer, Reina wondered if she might be able to use this power to connect with other pokémon as well.

The two of you spend a few hours talking, discussing the dreams both of you have shared, as well as what happened in your lives before meeting. After a while the sun starts to dip below the horizon

Feel free to add more to the talk and take 10 hp off, next time you need to a channel roll but I’m letting it go this once for RP purposes.

Kairose
2013-01-22, 06:59 PM
Reina was enjoying her time with Flora, but it was getting late, and she hadn't eaten since she had arrived in this world. "This was fun, but I'm starting to get hungry. Let's go back and see if we can get some dinner, ok? And then tomorrow, maybe we can go and try to help save whoever is lost." She picked up her Oddish, and carried it back with her to the lab building, not really knowing where anything else was, hoping she could get some food.

Anonyman
2013-01-22, 07:57 PM
Oh, I havn't mentioned it, but I guess the Shinx is with me during all this as well.
Just as an aside.
*waits patiently for update*

Arcran
2013-01-22, 07:57 PM
The Squirtle frowns for a moment before doing it again visibly struggling to speed up, thought it’s not by much he does manage to take nearly a minute of his first run. As soon as he finishes he starts up again before even being told to it’s clear that he wants to impress you. After a few more runs it’s improved quite a betaking very few wasted movements but before it can run again of the lab techs shows up and informs you that the track is closed for the day and that it’s nearly dinner time, only know to you realize the only thing you’ve had all day was the cup of tea

480xp.

Steven looks at the Pokemon, trying to decide if he should congratulate it.

Good work, he says simply, looking at the Pokemon with perhaps slightly more respect than he had before.

You can still improve, but you've made a lot of progress. We'll work some more tomorrow, but you can rest tonight, he says, scooping up the little Pokemon and cradling it like a football as he walks inside, letting the Pokemon rest a little. He'd have to work hard to get this thing ready to take on a fire-dragon, but they'd get there.

When he gets inside, he hunts down the Professor, deciding he has one question slightly more important than food.

Yo, Prof. Do you have a book for care of this little guy? he says, holding up the Squirtle, hoping to find a guide for their general health and stuff. His Squirtle was going to be the best, one way or another.

Alright, two questions:

1: For the Experience, is the 1.2x already calculated?
2: Since we just started, is there any chance of us porting to PTU as it is about to release? I'd really like to try it out and all of our characters would still be viable.

Arcran
2013-01-22, 08:05 PM
Also, made a chat pad for the game. Hop on if you have time. (https://tr.edupad.ch/8)

Grand Silver
2013-01-22, 08:51 PM
Steven looks at the Pokemon, trying to decide if he should congratulate it.

Good work, he says simply, looking at the Pokemon with perhaps slightly more respect than he had before.

You can still improve, but you've made a lot of progress. We'll work some more tomorrow, but you can rest tonight, he says, scooping up the little Pokemon and cradling it like a football as he walks inside, letting the Pokemon rest a little. He'd have to work hard to get this thing ready to take on a fire-dragon, but they'd get there.

When he gets inside, he hunts down the Professor, deciding he has one question slightly more important than food.

Yo, Prof. Do you have a book for care of this little guy? he says, holding up the Squirtle, hoping to find a guide for their general health and stuff. His Squirtle was going to be the best, one way or another.

Alright, two questions:

1: For the Experience, is the 1.2x already calculated?
2: Since we just started, is there any chance of us porting to PTU as it is about to release? I'd really like to try it out and all of our characters would still be viable.

Oak is still at his computer and takes a few moments to acknowledge you “Oh yes, Squirtle are a popular choice for starters so there are plenty of books.” he opens a drawer and pulls out a pamphlet “I typical give one of these to all new trainers, I should find some for the others as well.” he mutters handing the pamphlet to you before going back to work.

Xp. Was added and no to the PTU. Still adjusting to base rules, But home brew classes are OK

Somewhat unsure of the idea of throwing a baseball at a nidoran, he shrugs and gets ready.
He wasn't the strongest, but his fine hand coordination was great. He might not have the best speed, but his aim should be good enough...
[roll0] dex check I guess?

The ball comes close but the nidoran easily dodges it. The kid laughs a bit “Man you suck…” he picks up another ball “The key isn’t how hard ya throw it but how you hold it.” you watch closely as he curls his fingers around the orb “And ya don’t aim for what you’re trying to hit, ya aim past it like the ball is going trough it.” he tosses the ball and it hits dead center on of of the Noirans horns getting stuck firmly on a spike. He hands you another, each time correcting your stance and such mocking you the whole time, by the time you can finally do it mostly the way he says it gotten pretty late “Well I have to go home or my mom will be mad, But keep doing it the way I said and before long you might not be so bad.”

Sorry it took so long somehow over looked your post

Arcran
2013-01-22, 09:00 PM
Thanks, Steven says with a nod, heading out to find some food, stuffing the packet into the back of his pants until he could read it later.

Where's the chow?

Anonyman
2013-01-22, 09:12 PM
"Yea, alright. Thanks for the lesson. "

He gives a few more practice throws to his Shinx before calling it a night and heading back to the Lab to try to scrounge up some food.

"Maybe I can try to actually find some pokemon to catch later. I wonder if they cost money..."

He idly speaks to the Shinx as it stares blankly at him, happily wagging its tail.

Grand Silver
2013-01-22, 09:27 PM
"Thank you," Prospector said absentmindedly when the food was brought in. When he had finished the halfway mark his stomach let out a groan of protest. Well I suppose I need to take care of myself, and noticing Hangaku's curled form by his feet, and certain overgrown lizard. A smile crossed his face. He gently nudged Hangaku awake, saying, "Come on Hangaku. Let us go see what the Professor has for dinner, shall we?" She gently uncurled herself and got up. Blinking a few times and yawning, she finally replied, "Cran!" He simply nodded and made his way out of the library and towards the kitchen.

Reina was enjoying her time with Flora, but it was getting late, and she hadn't eaten since she had arrived in this world. "This was fun, but I'm starting to get hungry. Let's go back and see if we can get some dinner, ok? And then tomorrow, maybe we can go and try to help save whoever is lost." She picked up her Oddish, and carried it back with her to the lab building, not really knowing where anything else was, hoping she could get some food.

Thanks, Steven says with a nod, heading out to find some food, stuffing the packet into the back of his pants until he could read it later.

Where's the chow?

"Yea, alright. Thanks for the lesson. "

He gives a few more practice throws to his Shinx before calling it a night and heading back to the Lab to try to scrounge up some food.

"Maybe I can try to actually find some pokemon to catch later. I wonder if they cost money..."

He idly speaks to the Shinx as it stares blankly at him, happily wagging its tail.

Each of you mange to find the kitchen around the same time, it huge easily big enough to be the ssize of a restaurant. Dozens of dishes being prepared all at once by just as many Lab tech, noticing you one comes over “You’re the Professor’s guest right, meals have been prepared for all of you.” he says leading you out to a small dining room nearby. “We just got you some fast food, we have a lot of pokemon to cook for already and yours just added to it.”

sitting in on the table is are several bag of what smells like hamburgers and fries. On the floor though a several bowls, a fruit salad for Hangaku, a pot of moist soil for Flora, some raw meat For Vector, and fish for Tonka.

Arcran
2013-01-22, 09:33 PM
Each of you mange to find the kitchen around the same time, it huge easily big enough to be the ssize of a restaurant. Dozens of dishes being prepared all at once by just as many Lab tech, noticing you one comes over “You’re the Professor’s guest right, meals have been prepared for all of you.” he says leading you out to a small dining room nearby. “We just got you some fast food, we have a lot of pokemon to cook for already and yours just added to it.”

sitting in on the table is are several bag of what smells like hamburgers and fries. On the floor though a several bowls, a fruit salad for Hangaku, a pot of moist soil for Flora, some raw meat For Vector, and fish for Tonka.

Steven quickly grabs two bags, pulling over a chair and siting on it backwards, sliding the bowl towards himself with his foot.

So, he says, starting to munch down on some fries, his Squirtle hungrily tearing into the fish, Where are all you guys and gal from?

Prospector
2013-01-22, 09:38 PM
Hangaku gladly jumps in and starts devouring her food. "Thank you," Prospector said a little warily. He took a seat, said a quick prayer, and started to fill his very empty stomach.

Anonyman
2013-01-22, 09:45 PM
Grabbing the nearest Hamburger, he finds a seat near Vector. The Shinx happily devours the food in a much more animallistic manner than would be expected for such a small animal, and it is quickly gone. Nonetheless, it looks rather satisfied at the food, and curls up, though it keeps its eyes locked on the Squirtle.

"Like I mentioned earlier, I'm from Georgia. Small town. How about yourself? If I had to guess...big city? New York maybe?"

Arcran
2013-01-22, 09:50 PM
Grabbing the nearest Hamburger, he finds a seat near Vector. The Shinx happily devours the food in a much more animallistic manner than would be expected for such a small animal, and it is quickly gone. Nonetheless, it looks rather satisfied at the food, and curls up, though it keeps its eyes locked on the Squirtle.

"Like I mentioned earlier, I'm from Georgia. Small town. How about yourself? If I had to guess...big city? New York maybe?"

Out near Seattle, actually. Any of you guys play sports? he asks hopefully.

Anonyman
2013-01-22, 09:55 PM
"Baseball, a little. Not a whole lot else to *do* in Georgia really. Seems like it'll be good practice. Theres a lot of detail when it comes to tossing Pokeballs apparently. Hoping to get to try the real thing out tomorrow."

Arcran
2013-01-22, 09:58 PM
"Baseball, a little. Not a whole lot else to *do* in Georgia really. Seems like it'll be good practice. Theres a lot of detail when it comes to tossing Pokeballs apparently. Hoping to get to try the real thing out tomorrow."

Well, at least you did something that will come in handy in this world. What about you two? he says, looking to the other two arrivals.

Kairose
2013-01-22, 10:41 PM
Reina set Flora down near the soil before joining the others to eat herself. "I'm from a small town in the northeastern states. There really wasn't much of an opportunity for girls to play sports."

Arcran
2013-01-22, 10:44 PM
Reina set Flora down near the soil before joining the others to eat herself. "I'm from a small town in the northeastern states. There really wasn't much of an opportunity for girls to play sports."

Hey, you're pretty enough to not waste your time with sports, Steven says. I'm sure you had plenty of other things to do. What did you do? Were you... a musician? he asks, making a wild guess.

He'd give her a shot. They were apparently going to travel for a ways anyway.

Prospector
2013-01-22, 10:52 PM
After making a decent dent in his hunger Prospector joined the conversation. "I grew up in Oregon. I was living in Corvallis where I was about to start graduate school. Never had much time for sports between my 7 Majors," he said simply.

Arcran
2013-01-22, 10:55 PM
After making a decent dent in his hunger Prospector joined the conversation. "I grew up in Oregon. I was living in Corvallis where I was about to start graduate school. Never had much time for sports between my 7 Majors," he said simply.

So you're one of those kid genius's, eh? How was college? You hit the frats hard? he says sarcastically.

But no, that's chill. We can't all be All-State quarterbacks. Somebody has to make me my flying car, right?

Arcran
2013-01-22, 11:04 PM
Kairose, we have a chat! (https://tr.edupad.ch/8)

Kairose
2013-01-22, 11:04 PM
Hey, you're pretty enough to not waste your time with sports, Steven says. I'm sure you had plenty of other things to do. What did you do? Were you... a musician? he asks, making a wild guess.

He'd give her a shot. They were apparently going to travel for a ways anyway.
"Th-thanks... Reina blushed slightly, not expecting the compliment. "Close, I like to sing. I was trying to become a singer before I came here."

Anonyman
2013-01-22, 11:05 PM
"Seven...what kind of school even lets....
Nevermind."

Michael begins to feel increasingly alienated among these strange people. Even the girl seems a bit too...calm?

He tries to lighten the mood a bit.
"And we do have flying cars. They're called planes."
Segwaying the conversation in case his joke doesn't work,
"Whats everybody's plan for tomorrow? I plan on trying to go about obtaining more pokemon if anyone wants to join."

Arcran
2013-01-22, 11:07 PM
"Th-thanks... Reina blushed slightly, not expecting the compliment. "Close, I like to sing. I was trying to become a singer before I came here."

That's cool. Could you sing for us? Just something really quick? It doesn't have to be fancy or anything.

"Seven...what kind of school even lets....
Nevermind."

Michael begins to feel increasingly alienated among these strange people. Even the girl seems a bit too...calm?
"Whats everybody's plan for tomorrow? I plan on trying to go about obtaining more pokemon if anyone wants to join."

I'm getting this little runt to become the best Pokemon ever, Steven says, looking down to his Squirtle.

Good point. I need somebody to build my private jet, Steven clarifies.

Prospector
2013-01-22, 11:15 PM
So you're one of those kid genius's, eh? How was college? You hit the frats hard? he says sarcastically.

But no, that's chill. We can't all be All-State quarterbacks. Somebody has to make me my flying car, right?

"My studies were more along the lines of Biology and Chemistry. I had a few friends in the Engineering Department that had side project that involved jet packs. Got to know them when we had a collaborative project. We were designing better helmets for football players. You know, because all those recent studies on the side effects of multiple low impact head traumas many football accumulate over their careers. Personally if I am much more excited about learning about these Pokemon. Nothing on our Earth even remotely comes close to these guys based on what I read today."

Kairose
2013-01-22, 11:18 PM
That's cool. Could you sing for us? Just something really quick? It doesn't have to be fancy or anything."Maybe after I'm done eating. I don't know about you guys, but this is the first I've eaten since I got here."

"Whats everybody's plan for tomorrow? I plan on trying to go about obtaining more pokemon if anyone wants to join.""I was hoping to find some leads on what Mew asked me to do, but it'd probably be easier with a bit of extra help."

Arcran
2013-01-22, 11:18 PM
"My studies were more along the lines of Biology and Chemistry. I had a few friends in the Engineering Department that had side project that involved jet packs. Got to know them when we had a collaborative project. We were designing better helmets for football players. You know, because all those recent studies on the side effects of multiple low impact head traumas many football accumulate over their careers. Personally if I am much more excited about learning about these Pokemon. Nothing on our Earth even remotely comes close to these guys based on what I read today."

Hey man, I'm a quarterback. You don't get All-State for getting hit. I can count all the times I've been hit with one hand, he says, making a zero. State teams don't get sacked.

And I don't know. Mine kind of just looks like a blue turtle with a funny tail. His is a lion, he says, pointing at the Shinx, that's a dinosaur, he says, pointing at your Pokemon, and that thing is a sack of week with legs, he says, pointing at the Oddish.

Doesn't seem too weird to me. What's weird is they fight them for sport. Like Michael Vick but legal.

"I was hoping to find some leads on what Mew asked me to do, but it'd probably be easier with a bit of extra help."

I'm going to hold you to that, he says, giving her a wink.

Prospector
2013-01-22, 11:26 PM
Somewhat ignoring Steven's claims he moved onto Michael's question about tomorrow. "I think I got a good baseline of local fauna to comfortably start exploring this world. I would love to spend more time in Professor Oak's library, but the urge to get out in explore is getting harder to resist. Plus I wouldn't want to over stay my welcome."

Arcran
2013-01-22, 11:35 PM
Somewhat ignoring Steven's claims he moved onto Michael's question about tomorrow. "I think I got a good baseline of local fauna to comfortably start exploring this world. I would love to spend more time in Professor Oak's library, but the urge to get out in explore is getting harder to resist. Plus I wouldn't want to over stay my welcome."

You know anything about this battling thing? We should try it out in the morning, Steven says with a smirk, sure that he can beat a nerd in any competition. Be all official and such. Plus having my pet wail on your pet is better than a black eye, no?

Prospector
2013-01-22, 11:47 PM
You know anything about this battling thing? We should try it out in the morning, Steven says with a smirk, sure that he can beat a nerd in any competition. Be all official and such. Plus having my pet wail on your pet is better than a black eye, no?

Ignoring the jibe, Prospector replied, "I read enough to be familiar enough. However, it probably would not be a prudent course of action if we intend to leave tomorrow. Whoever lost would need for their Pokemon to be treated, which would take away from our travel time. I am sure we will get all the combat action from the wild Pokemon we will meet along the way."

Arcran
2013-01-22, 11:48 PM
Ignoring the jibe, Prospector replied, "I read enough to be familiar enough. However, it probably would not be a prudent course of action if we intend to leave tomorrow. Whoever lost would need for their Pokemon to be treated, which would take away from our travel time. I am sure we will get all the combat action from the wild Pokemon we will meet along the way."

Dude, I saw the Professor eat an egg and have his nose fixed. I'm not a scientist, but the healing here is a little different than ours.

Prospector
2013-01-22, 11:55 PM
Sorry but I can't access the chat right now. In all the games I have played it takes at least an hour to treat your Pokemon, to make it more realistic than few seconds in the video games. Are we working under a different principle in this game?

Grand Silver
2013-01-23, 12:15 AM
As you chat Oak wonders in grabbing a burger for himself “I had to pull a few strings to get your licenses made despite the fact that legal none of you exist,” he says pulling out a set of small cards “But I have plenty of connections, speaking of which it would be for the best if you kept the fact you are from another world a secret, if anyone asks where you are from tell them the Orre region and they most likely wont want to know anymore.” with that he hands each of you your Trainer license.

Healing is instant for pokemon at pokemon centers, humans it depends the broken nose was minor so a Softboiled was enough to fix it.

Arcran
2013-01-23, 12:18 AM
Thanks old man! Steven says, clapping him on the back.

Anything we should know about Orre? Make our story convincing?

Grand Silver
2013-01-23, 12:34 AM
Thanks old man! Steven says, clapping him on the back.

Anything we should know about Orre? Make our story convincing?

“Orre is a barren, hellish wasteland, with no true government.” Oak explains nearly falling over from the sudden jolt. “So I doubt anyone will question you on it.”

Arcran
2013-01-23, 12:35 AM
“Orre is a barren, hellish wasteland, with no true government.” Oak explains nearly falling over from the sudden jolt. “So I doubt anyone will question you on it.”

Well, besides the wasteland sounds like our world! Steven says, hoping that earns a few chuckles.

Oh! Is there an easy way to see what my turtle can do? Besides slam into stuff?

Kairose
2013-01-23, 12:44 AM
Oh! Is there an easy way to see what my turtle can do? Besides slam into stuff?"Why don't you just ask it? I'm sure it wouldn't mind telling you." Reina didn't realize that her ability to communicate with pokémon like she had done with Flora is probably unique to her. "When I was playing with her earlier, Flora told me what she can do in battle, so I'm sure your turtle would do the same if you ask it."

Arcran
2013-01-23, 12:46 AM
"Why don't you just ask it? I'm sure it wouldn't mind telling you." Reina didn't realize that her ability to communicate with pokémon like she had done with Flora is probably unique to her. "When I was playing with her earlier, Flora told me what she can do in battle, so I'm sure your turtle would do the same if you ask it."

How is your baggie of weed smarter than my turtle? he says, looking at his Pokemon with disappointment.

Yo, Turtles. Wait, no. Tonka. That's what I named you. Can you do anything useful in a fight? Like lasers or something? Bombs? Can you fly? he says, voice dripping with sarcasm.

Anonyman
2013-01-23, 12:50 AM
"Seems we'll be ready to leave sooner than I thought. Guess hands on experience works.

I think...fighting amongst ourselves might just fuel the flames if we want to keep peace. "

He looks at Reina hopefully for backup before realizing he has no idea what to say. Failing that, he turns to Oak before realizing this is also a terrible idea for backup.

"Man, Vector, I sure met some interesting people."

Hearing it's name, it looks expectantly at him.

"...says the guy talking to the lionthing."

"I don't know how yours talked to you, Reina was it? Mine seems much more like a housepet than a conversationalist."

Kairose
2013-01-23, 12:55 AM
"I'm not exactly sure myself, but I could hear her voice when I touched one of her leaves." As Reina explained herself, she realized she had yet to thank the Professor for his help. "Oh, thank you, Professor. I'm sure these will make it easier to get around this place."

Anonyman
2013-01-23, 01:01 AM
Michael begins to poke and prod the Shinx. It ignores him for the most part, but as soon as he touches the tail it growls a bit.

"Hmm...dont think he likes that. Maybe its a plant creature thing."

Arcran
2013-01-23, 01:03 AM
"I'm not exactly sure myself, but I could hear her voice when I touched one of her leaves." As Reina explained herself, she realized she had yet to thank the Professor for his help. "Oh, thank you, Professor. I'm sure these will make it easier to get around this place."

Voices? In your head? Did you get to read minds now? What am I thinking? he exclaims. If she could read minds maybe he'd get super strength or something cool.

Kairose
2013-01-23, 01:27 AM
"Sorry, I think it only works on pokémon. Or maybe only on Flora. I haven't tried it on other pokémon yet."

Arcran
2013-01-23, 01:30 AM
"Sorry, I think it only works on pokémon. Or maybe only on Flora. I haven't tried it on other pokémon yet."

Here, read Tonka! he says, almost throwing the Pokemon at her.

Grand Silver
2013-01-23, 01:34 AM
Oak eats in silence before speaking “I’d like to hear a bit more about the world all of you come from as for your pokemon Squirtle should know at least a few water type attacks,” he says giving it a small pet “As for Shinx it’s a littlie young right now but before long it should learn how to use electric type attacks.” he raises an eyebrow at Reina’s comment “There are some humans with unusual powers that can be nearly equal to pokemon, perhaps the event that brought you to this world trigged something in you, if you want to learn about it and Mew I’d suggest visiting the local church.” oak says.

Kairose
2013-01-23, 01:38 AM
"Alright, I think I'll check that out the next chance I get." Reina turned to the turtle pokémon. "Ok, I'm going to see if I can talk to you like I did with Flora now."
Channel Attempt: [roll0]
Hope I did that roll right. Been a while since I used the forum roller.

Arcran
2013-01-23, 01:41 AM
Silver, you want to take Tonka or should I attempt to do the deep dark corners of his mind?

Grand Silver
2013-01-23, 01:43 AM
He is your pokemon so have at it

Arcran
2013-01-23, 01:45 AM
He is your pokemon so have at it

:smallfurious:

Are you my friend? the little turtle says into your mind, seeming somewhat sad.

Kairose
2013-01-23, 01:48 AM
Reina smiled, having successfully connected with the Squirtle. "Sure, I'd love to be your friend. But you sound sad, what's wrong?"

Arcran
2013-01-23, 01:50 AM
Reina smiled, having successfully connected with the Squirtle. "Sure, I'd love to be your friend. But you sound sad, what's wrong?"

Tired, it says, yawning. Trainer make me work really hard. He say I do good though, so I get to take break and eat, it says, joined with the crunch of the fish being eaten.

Kairose
2013-01-23, 01:55 AM
"Oh, I see. I'm sure he just wants to make sure you're the strongest you can be, so he's working you hard to help you get stronger."

Arcran
2013-01-23, 01:58 AM
"Oh, I see. I'm sure he just wants to make sure you're the strongest you can be, so he's working you hard to help you get stronger."

I good at strong. I beat other Pokemon in fight every time. No lose battles!

Kairose
2013-01-23, 02:04 AM
"That's good, I'm sure he'll love to see you win battles."

Arcran
2013-01-23, 02:05 AM
"That's good, I'm sure he'll love to see you win battles."

Maybe then he'll like me!

Hey, what's the little dude saying?

Kairose
2013-01-23, 02:11 AM
"He's saying that you're training him hard, and that he's a good battler." Steven's question answered, Reina smiles and nods at the Squirtle. "Of course he'll like you. He probably wants you to be strong so he can be proud of you."

Arcran
2013-01-23, 02:14 AM
"He's saying that you're training him hard, and that he's a good battler." Steven's question answered, Reina smiles and nods at the Squirtle. "Of course he'll like you. He probably wants you to be strong so he can be proud of you."

Girls liked animals, so he should probably care at least a little bit here.

Yeah, if I keep training him up he'll be dominating the battles soon. I hope we manage to get him as strong as something from the film.

Kairose
2013-01-23, 02:28 AM
"Good luck with that, those pokémon looked strong. You'll need more than just tackles and bubbles for that, I bet."

Arcran
2013-01-23, 02:30 AM
"Good luck with that, those pokémon looked strong. You'll need more than just tackles and bubbles for that, I bet."

I'd guess so. Wonder how to get these guys to learn more stuff. Probably just lots of practice.

Grand Silver
2013-01-23, 02:35 AM
I'd guess so. Wonder how to get these guys to learn more stuff. Probably just lots of practice.

“If you really want some good attacks I have an old friend who sells TM’s in Pewter City, I’ll call him before you leave he should be helpful for getting you just about anything you might need.” Oak says as he stands up “Now than I suggest all of you get some rest soon, I know I’ve had more excitement today than I have had in nearly ten years.”

Arcran
2013-01-23, 02:39 AM
“If you really want some good attacks I have an old friend who sells TM’s in Pewter City, I’ll call him before you leave he should be helpful for getting you just about anything you might need.” Oak says as he stands up “Now than I suggest all of you get some rest soon, I know I’ve had more excitement today than I have had in nearly ten years.”

Alright, bed time folks! Steven says, getting up. If you need me, I'll be sleeping.

Unless you need me, he says, winking at Reina. I'll be awake for that, he says, thinking he's way more charming than he actually is.

With that he scoops up his Squirtle and heads upstairs, going back to his oh-so-cozy hospital bed.

Kairose
2013-01-23, 02:42 AM
"Alright, then. Guess I'll see you in the morning then, Tonka." Reina yawned a bit as she went to pick up Flora. "This power is a bit tiring to use, I probably shouldn't use it too often if I don't have to. Goodnight, everyone." Reina headed back to her room, too tired from her newfound powers to respond to Steven's advances.

Grand Silver
2013-01-23, 03:57 AM
Alright, bed time folks! Steven says, getting up. If you need me, I'll be sleeping.

Unless you need me, he says, winking at Reina. I'll be awake for that, he says, thinking he's way more charming than he actually is.

With that he scoops up his Squirtle and heads upstairs, going back to his oh-so-cozy hospital bed.

"Alright, then. Guess I'll see you in the morning then, Tonka." Reina yawned a bit as she went to pick up Flora. "This power is a bit tiring to use, I probably shouldn't use it too often if I don't have to. Goodnight, everyone." Reina headed back to her room, too tired from her newfound powers to respond to Steven's advances.

Steven

The bed is actually pretty comfortable and you drift off pretty quickly. In your dreams you are in the same arena as before, the statutes seem a bit closer but otherwise it’s the same.

Tonka is standing beside you only he’s a bigger, small fangs peeking from his mouth, his tail is larger, and he actually has visible ears. You can tell just by looking at him that he is considerably more powerful, which he quickly demonstrates by shooting a burst of water strong enough to tear a huge gouge out of the ground.

Reina

You barely touch the pillow before falling asleep. Once more you are in the forest the music is much louder and clearer, Flora is in the middle of the clearing dancing, as best she can, in a beam of light. The music and Flora’s dancing are so inviting that you can’t help but want to sing along, it’s only know that you notice a tree stump. Your body seems to move on it’s one and you sit down on the stump and begin to sing.

No real words just a simple melody, after a few minutes Mew appears before you gently swaying back and forth in time to your song. “Team….Rocket….Lost One….So much pain….must save…lost one….Rocket…save…” Mew’s voice is filled with sorrow. As you wake up you can feel tears running down your face.

Anonyman
2013-01-23, 08:01 AM
Going to find that book from before on the basics of capturing, Michael exits for now, giving a small wave to Prospector. When he finds it, he briefly skims it in bed before he finds himself dozing off.
It really had been a long day. Maybe he'd wake back up in the normal world and find it all to be one strange dream. Who knows?

Arcran
2013-01-23, 09:25 AM
Steven wakes up, looking around for the stronger Squirtle. Unfortunately, the same piece of crap there was before is lying there, doing absolutely nothing.

Yo, turtle-man, he says, lightly tapping the shell with his foot. Breakfast. Let's go.

Kairose
2013-01-23, 04:02 PM
Reina hugged Flora tightly as she woke up."Mew...it was so sad. We have to help it as soon as we can, Flora." The plant pokémon wriggled out of her arms just enough to wipe her tears from her face with one of it's leaves, and smiled at her. "Thanks, Flora. Let's see if we can get some breakfast."

Grand Silver
2013-01-23, 05:00 PM
Going to find that book from before on the basics of capturing, Michael exits for now, giving a small wave to Prospector. When he finds it, he briefly skims it in bed before he finds himself dozing off.
It really had been a long day. Maybe he'd wake back up in the normal world and find it all to be one strange dream. Who knows?

In your dreams you are in a workshop surrounded by dozens of components ands schematics for various machines, new pokeballs, devices that will make capturing pokemon easier. You can hear dozens of pokemon all around, and though you can’t understand them you know that they are grateful to you.

Steven wakes up, looking around for the stronger Squirtle. Unfortunately, the same piece of crap there was before is lying there, doing absolutely nothing.

Yo, turtle-man, he says, lightly tapping the shell with his foot. Breakfast. Let's go.

You get to the dining room no problem and find a stack of pancakes, with a side of bacon and eggs, for you and more fish for Tonka.

Reina hugged Flora tightly as she woke up."Mew...it was so sad. We have to help it as soon as we can, Flora." The plant pokémon wriggled out of her arms just enough to wipe her tears from her face with one of it's leaves, and smiled at her. "Thanks, Flora. Let's see if we can get some breakfast."

Once you are feeling better you make your way to the dining room but just before you can sit down a female lab tech stops you “My name is Unice and we need to talk later.” with that said she leaves you to your meal.

Arcran
2013-01-23, 05:46 PM
Eat up, he says, sliding the food to the Squirtle whil making himself a plate. We're going to find you some battles today, see how those work out, alright?

Anonyman
2013-01-23, 06:10 PM
Still mostly asleep, Michael feels his mind slowly being pulled to the rrealm of consciousness as he feels a weight on the side of his head. He swats it off, yet a few seconds later it returns.
Back and forth he holds his unconscious battle that disturbs his sleep before finally surrendering by rolling face down and leaving it there.

*BZZZZZT*

"GAH, WHAT THE F-"
Flinging the offending creature off him, the Shinx lands on its feet on the ground, still crackling with energy.
He glares at the lion as it looks blankly at him before trodding towards the door and sitting down.
"You know, there are better ways to wake a person..."
He sighs in defeat before getting out of bed. Getting dressed, he heads out the door with the smug animal rushing ahead of him, clearly making a beeline towards the kitchen where he can already hear people talk.

Kairose
2013-01-23, 08:32 PM
Once you are feeling better you make your way to the dining room but just before you can sit down a female lab tech stops you “My name is Unice and we need to talk later.” with that said she leaves you to your meal.
"Um, alright." Reina looked down at Flora. "I guess we'll see what she wanted after breakfast, then. I wonder what it is..." Reina sat down and ate her meal, deep in thought.

Prospector
2013-01-23, 08:48 PM

Prospector finished his meal while he listened others. After Professor Oak entered and suggested they turn for the night he said, "Thanks Professor. I think I will. Come Hangaku, let us get some shut eye." Hangaku looked up from her empty bowl and nodded saying, "Cran." They made their way to the bed and fell into a deep sleep.

Grand Silver
2013-01-23, 08:58 PM
Prospector finished his meal while he listened others. After Professor Oak entered and suggested they turn for the night he said, "Thanks Professor. I think I will. Come Hangaku, let us get some shut eye." Hangaku looked up from her empty bowl and nodded saying, "Cran." They made their way to the bed and fell into a deep sleep.

In your dreams you find yourself on a beach there are all sorts of pokemon that you saw in the history books, as well as several unknown ones. But all the while you can feel something watching you from the edge of your senses but it never approaches. After a while you wake up feeling a bit hungry.

Eat up, he says, sliding the food to the Squirtle whil making himself a plate. We're going to find you some battles today, see how those work out, alright?

After your done one of the lab techs approaches you “I couldn’t help but overhear that you wanted a battle, if you’d like I have some spare time.” he pulls out a small pokeball. Tossing it a few times

"Um, alright." Reina looked down at Flora. "I guess we'll see what she wanted after breakfast, then. I wonder what it is..." Reina sat down and ate her meal, deep in thought.

Almost before you can finish Unice grabs your wrist “Please come with me.” she says half dragging you along.

Kairose
2013-01-23, 09:04 PM
"Alright, alright, I'm coming." Reina was surprised at her impatience, but thought that whatever she wanted must be important if she's being this forceful about it.

Arcran
2013-01-23, 09:05 PM
Alright, let's try this! he says, looking at the turtle.

Alright Tonka, let's kick some ass!

Prospector
2013-01-23, 09:10 PM
In your dreams you find yourself on a beach there are all sorts of pokemon that you saw in the history books, as well as several unknown ones. But all the while you can feel something watching you from the edge of your senses but it never approaches. After a while you wake up feeling a bit hungry.

Getting out of bed Prospector said, "An understandable if odd dream. Come Hangaku, let us get some breakfast." She stirred from her sleeping spot and yawned. Looking a tad sleepy she simply nodded, following him after he got dressed. They made their way to the dinning room.

Grand Silver
2013-01-23, 09:25 PM
"Alright, alright, I'm coming." Reina was surprised at her impatience, but thought that whatever she wanted must be important if she's being this forceful about it.

Once you are away from the other Unice looks you straight in the eyes, you can fell a small tingle in back of your head “Just as I suspected, Sorrry for being so forceful but…I am a follower of Uxie and you have an undeniable trace of powerful psychic energy laced into your aura.” she takes a breath “I heard a bit about your dreams, and I’ve been having some strange ones myself, something is very wrong here in Kanto.” there’s bit of sweat on her brow “If Mew is speaking to you I believe that you might be able to help with it, in Lavender Town there is a sage who may be able to guide you.”

Alright, let's try this! he says, looking at the turtle.

Alright Tonka, let's kick some ass!

The lab tech leads you out to an open court “My name is Conor by the way.” he says tossing his ball out a small purple monkey with a hand on it’s tail appears.”

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhsfNsmQ3IdxdGF6c3p0Y3dpbnltbEtEQ0dMalAzN FE#gid=0 you are on the left.

Getting out of bed Prospector said, "An understandable if odd dream. Come Hangaku, let us get some breakfast." She stirred from her sleeping spot and yawned. Looking a tad sleepy she simply nodded, following him after he got dressed. They made their way to the dinning room.

The dining room is nearly empty by the time you get there, but considering that means not dealing with Steven it’s not that bad.

Arcran
2013-01-23, 09:27 PM
Let's go Tonka! Tackle!

Move to C4.

Anonyman
2013-01-23, 09:31 PM
After grabbing some food and giving a nod to Prospector, Michael goes off to find the proffessor to see if he didnt have some extra "pokeballs". He understood the basics of capturing these creatures from the book, so hopefully real world experience wouldnt be too hard to find.

Grand Silver
2013-01-23, 09:40 PM
Let's go Tonka! Tackle!

Move to C4.

Forgot to tell speed Aipom goes first

As soon as the battle starts Conor shout “Jeff, Scratch.” the monkey swings it tail at Tonka but goes wide missing. Right after Tonka slams into the monkey hard, but it’s still standing giving Tonka a dirty look.

After grabbing some food and giving a nod to Prospector, Michael goes off to find the proffessor to see if he didnt have some extra "pokeballs". He understood the basics of capturing these creatures from the book, so hopefully real world experience wouldnt be too hard to find.

You find him talking with a few of the lab tech but he stops when you sees you “Do you need something Michel?’ has ask, flipping trough a few papers as he talks.

Kairose
2013-01-23, 09:41 PM
Once you are away from the other Unice looks you straight in the eyes, you can fell a small tingle in back of your head “Just as I suspected, Sorrry for being so forceful but…I am a follower of Uxie and you have an undeniable trace of powerful psychic energy laced into your aura.” she takes a breath “I heard a bit about your dreams, and I’ve been having some strange ones myself, something is very wrong here in Kanto.” there’s bit of sweat on her brow “If Mew is speaking to you I believe that you might be able to help with it, in Lavender Town there is a sage who may be able to guide you.”
"Well, Mew certainly thinks I can help it, and I intend to try my best to do so. Thank you for your advice." Reina smiled, glad to have a lead on Mew's request.

Grand Silver
2013-01-23, 09:48 PM
"Well, Mew certainly thinks I can help it, and I intend to try my best to do so. Thank you for your advice." Reina smiled, glad to have a lead on Mew's request.

Unice gives you a small bow “I wish you luck in your journey, may Uxie watch over you.” with that said she leaves.

Kairose
2013-01-23, 09:49 PM
With Unice's meeting covered, Reina took Flora with her to find that church the Professor mentioned the night before. "Um, hello? I was told I might be able to get some help here..."

Anonyman
2013-01-23, 09:50 PM
"I wanted to try capturing my own pokemon, I was hoping you had some of these...pokeballs? That I might borrow."

Grand Silver
2013-01-23, 10:00 PM
Steven’s battle

“Jeff hit it with Astonish!” Conor orders. The monkey raises up on it’s tail letting out a burst of purple energy that smacks into Tonka nearly knocking him backwards.

14 damage

With Unice's meeting covered, Reina took Flora with her to find that church the Professor mentioned the night before. "Um, hello? I was told I might be able to get some help here..."

The building is mostly empty just a handful of people sitting in the pews, an old man approaches it’s clear from the robes he’s wearing that he’s a priest. “Yes, young lady I am here to help anyone who may need it.” as he looks at you his eyes haze over for a second “On second thought it may be you who helps me!” he says turning around gesturing for you to follow.

"I wanted to try capturing my own pokemon, I was hoping you had some of these...pokeballs? That I might borrow."

“Oh, yes that sounds like a good idea.” Oak searches trough some of his pockets for a few seconds before handing 5 pokeballs in the shrunken state. “They are just basic pokeballs but that should be all you need for here.”

Anonyman
2013-01-23, 10:05 PM
With a slight bow, Michael thanks him before leaving the building. Heading to the nearby forest, he decides to explore with his Shinx in tow.

[roll0]
I believe you said I had to roll high.

Kairose
2013-01-23, 10:06 PM
The building is mostly empty just a handful of people sitting in the pews, an old man approaches it’s clear from the robes he’s wearing that he’s a priest. “Yes, young lady I am here to help anyone who may need it.” as he looks at you his eyes haze over for a second “On second thought it may be you who helps me!” he says turning around gesturing for you to follow.
"Um, alright?" Reina follows the priest, a bit confused at the sudden request for help. "What is it that you need?"

Prospector
2013-01-23, 10:41 PM
The dining room is nearly empty by the time you get there, but considering that means not dealing with Steven it’s not that bad.

Prospector gets some food for Hangaku and himself. He had a similar line of thought as Michael, so when they were done he went to see Professor Oak. When he finds him he asks, "Professor Oak, I hate to trouble you more than I have already. However, I think we will need some supplies for our journey. You would not happen to have any spar stuff for newbie trainers would you?"

Grand Silver
2013-01-24, 01:03 AM
With a slight bow, Michael thanks him before leaving the building. Heading to the nearby forest, he decides to explore with his Shinx in tow.

[roll0]
I believe you said I had to roll high.

It’s still rather early so the streets are almost empty, the only pokemon you see are a large pink ball rolling around in the grass of the park. But as you get closer you notice that the ball has a set of stubby arms and legs, when it notices you it stops rolling and looks at you with a large set of blue green eyes.

"Um, alright?" Reina follows the priest, a bit confused at the sudden request for help. "What is it that you need?"

The old priest leads you into a room at the back of the church “You my young lass, are special.” as he speaks he takes a seat behind a large desk “Anyone can from powerful bonds with pokemon but certain individuals such as you and myself, we can connect with them on a much deeper level than most.” he pulls out a stone tablet and sets it on the table it depicts a scene of humans and pokemon working together a strange aura surrounds all of them “We are called mystics, with training you can become one in mind and sprit with your pokemon.”

He waves his hand over the tablet and suddenly the pictures begin to move “When you came in I could tell that you have potential to achieve a level of power that few others can.”

Arcran
2013-01-24, 01:06 AM
Tonka, don't take that! End this!

Anonyman
2013-01-24, 01:21 AM
"Well, I don't see a collar or any indication that you're owned so..."

He braces himself and throws out his pokeball, Shinx jumping out of it with a growl.

"If I recall right, I have to weaken it with an attack first...

"Shinx, Tackle attack!"

Speed of 10, so I dont know if it goes first, as I'm still a *bit* finicky on combat. Tackle [roll0]AC3 for [roll1] (+6 more if it's a male).

Also I'm in the chat if anyone wants to join =P

Kairose
2013-01-24, 04:14 PM
The old priest leads you into a room at the back of the church “You my young lass, are special.” as he speaks he takes a seat behind a large desk “Anyone can from powerful bonds with pokemon but certain individuals such as you and myself, we can connect with them on a much deeper level than most.” he pulls out a stone tablet and sets it on the table it depicts a scene of humans and pokemon working together a strange aura surrounds all of them “We are called mystics, with training you can become one in mind and sprit with your pokemon.”

He waves his hand over the tablet and suddenly the pictures begin to move “When you came in I could tell that you have potential to achieve a level of power that few others can.”
"Um, yes, that's why I'm here. Recently, I discovered this power, and I was told I could learn more about it here. So far, I've just used it to talk to my Oddish and a friend's Squirle, though."