PDA

View Full Version : Death of a construct

javijuji
2013-01-21, 04:12 PM
Is there any legal way to "revive or reconstruct" a construct. My Maug died on a battle against a pyrohydra on our last session and the group wants to pay to reconstruct me. Is this even possible? I died from dropping below 0 hp.

Asheram
2013-01-21, 04:15 PM
Is there any legal way to "revive or reconstruct" a construct. My Maug died on a battle against a pyrohydra on our last session and the group wants to pay to reconstruct me. Is this even possible? I died from dropping below 0 hp.

Well, there is presedence with Warforged who never really die once they fall beneath 0hp and can be repaired.

Jeff the Green
2013-01-21, 04:22 PM
Miracle/wish, I think, are the only RAW ways to do it, but there are revive construct and revive outsider in the Spell Compendium, so you could base something after that.

javijuji
2013-01-21, 05:12 PM
What about the XP component of casting wish/Miracle? Can the character request the spell pay with his experience. Is there some sort of conversion from xp -> gold to be able to pay for it via NPCs. Should the material component be the same as true resurrection? So 25k gold + 5k xp?

The Dark Fiddler
2013-01-21, 05:16 PM
Since you're asking about an actual game, working something out with your DM would probably be best and easiest. That way you can arrive at something that you all agree on; maybe some NPC somewhere can reforge you, but getting there will be a quest in itself. Or maybe he'll just let standard resurrection magic work on your character. Won't know until you ask.

Story
2013-01-21, 05:27 PM
NPCs generally charge 5gp per XP.

javijuji
2013-01-21, 06:13 PM
My dm allows all kind of homebrew stuff. But im more of a rule guy. So i want to try to deal with it in a "legal" way. I dont mind doing another character but I kind of grew attached to this one (ironically)

javijuji
2013-01-21, 06:15 PM
What would the "specific" wording be to bring a construct back to "life". We tend to play wishes/miracles very carefully where using wrong wording ends up in the wish doing not what you wanted.

Invader
2013-01-21, 06:27 PM
What would the "specific" wording be to bring a construct back to "life". We tend to play wishes/miracles very carefully where using wrong wording ends up in the wish doing not what you wanted.

Maybe "I wish this construct was repaired to the exact physical and mental acuity it was at 12 hours before it was destroyed" if you just wish it to be brought back to life you can end up with a Pinocchio situation.

javijuji
2013-01-21, 07:02 PM
Maybe "I wish this construct was repaired to the exact physical and mental acuity it was at 12 hours before it was destroyed" if you just wish it to be brought back to life you can end up with a Pinocchio situation.

How do you define "This" construct. Are you pointing at his remains? Cause thats not a construct. Thats just some gravel and stone.

Thats the kind of stuff that happens with our wishes :p

javijuji
2013-01-21, 07:12 PM
Would Awaken Construct work? It seems like it needs a full body before being cast. My body is torn to pieces right now.

The Dark Fiddler
2013-01-21, 07:45 PM
How do you define "This" construct. Are you pointing at his remains? Cause thats not a construct. Thats just some gravel and stone.

Thats the kind of stuff that happens with our wishes :p

Which is why working WITH the DM is always the easiest option.