PDA

View Full Version : DM help: Additinal feats

tim01300
2013-01-21, 05:30 PM
So I am starting a 3.5 dragonlance setting campaign using the core rule books. A few of the players are new so it seemed a better idea to start only using core books. But one of my more experienced players is complaining that he wants more feats to pick from. In particular monkey grip.

He has openly stated he wants to "break the game" and be able to kill anyone in the party that opposes him. I'm not too worried about it though. Not really the attitude I was hoping for but that's not the point of this post.

There are sooooo many feats once you leave the core players handbook. I don't even know where to start. What are some simple yet fun feats that I can add to this campaign. Or another source book that you guys would recommend with a decent group of additional feats.

Vaz
2013-01-21, 05:33 PM
Experienced...

Monkey Grip...

Nah.

However, Rule for one, rule for all. He is just going to have to suck it, and quite frankly it will set a precedent if you capitulate t this request.

Randomguy
2013-01-21, 05:39 PM
See if you can convince him to hold off on taking any non-core feats until the new players are familiar with the game. So he'll still be able to take the feat, but only at a slightly higher level.

Alternatively, limit him, and any other players that want feats outside of core, to just one additional sourcebook each.

Darrin
2013-01-21, 05:55 PM
I would probably tell him "if you can break the game with Monkey Grip, I'll eat my hat." My guess is he doesn't really know how Monkey Grip works.