PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 6 - Chaos Theory included

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Shadowcaller
2013-01-21, 06:18 PM
This is a thread for plots not large enough to need a separate thread, or locations that don't fit anywhere else. If you'd like a location permanently indexed in the first post, PM me.

Longer lasting or more serious plots might fit better in the Srs Plots thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247077). This thread is events that aren't as structured as srs and not as long lasting. If you aren't sure which thread fits your plot best, then just pick whichever one is less busy at the time.

Rules:
1. Use [Location Tags] or [Plot Tags] on your posts.
2. Each Location or Plot is under the control of its creator.
3. Play nice.

Archives:
Random Places and Plots 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175999)
Random Places and Plots 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184776)
Random Places and Plots 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199752)
Random Places and Plots 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216869)
Random Places and Plots 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240223)

Shadowcaller
2013-01-21, 06:30 PM
Wine Tasting-Near the Entrance

Harnel will be carefully approached by a guard in full plate. He's not trying to sneak and is obviously doing his best to be polite as he steps forward.

"Pardon me, sir," He says to Harnel, doing his very best to be stern, polite, and unobtrusive at the same time, "But we would like to discourage wearing weaponry at this event. Would you like to place your weapon in a secure location for the duration?"

[Wine Tasting- Sponsored by The Discerning Eye]

The next guests to arrive are the representatives from Westside. Ramiro Gallo, leader of Tenebras, the governing faction in Westside, has chosen to attend the event himself. He may not be able to drink most, if not all, of the wine, but it always paid to make an appearance at such events.

The great man is, of course, a vampire. His red eyes, pale skin, and somewhat large canines all give away his nature. He's wearing a tailored black suit and carries a cane topped with a crystal sphere.

His companion for the event is lesser known, though she may be familiar to those more involved in Westside. Maria Juliano, walks arm in arm with Ramiro. She is his bodyguard for the evening, though appearances would suggest she is his date. She has her dyed blond hair done up nicely and she's wearing a fairly modest, sleeveless dress, coloured the same dark blue as Ramiro's tie. She is a vampire as well, sporting the same distinctive traits. She scans the room continuously, keeping a watchful eye on the party goers.

The pair navigate their way over to Cessie and Harnel when Ramiro spots them. "Mrs Mithar I presume? And this must be your husband, though I'm afraid I haven't learned his name." There's a sense of charisma about the man, evident in his easy smile and the practiced ease in which he greets them. "My name is Ramiro Gallo. My companion is Maria Juliano. Of Tenebras, if you've heard of our organization here in the city."

[Riftside - The Tower]

Emelda hesitates, and then stops. This place isn't her problem. She shouldn't make it that. Still... that's a horrible thing to hear.

Riftside - The Tower

"It... might be. I'll need to talk to her, of course. I look forward to it, really. If nothing else, I'll appreciate having someone more to talk to around here. I hope she's smart."

Harnel isn't cross, and often if he thinks something is bad he's cross about it. And he isn't using long sentences, which means that he isn't trying to hide that he's upset.

He's confused, but honestly looking forward to talking to Kirin. Also kind of dreading it, but that's pretty common when he wants to have a meaningful talk with a girl, Libra knows.

Riftside - The Tower

"Oh she should be smart... I think. I didn't really pay that much attention to that!" She giggles before turning to Emelda. "But I guess it's time to reverse you. You want to return exactly as you were?"

Wine Tasting-Near the Entrance

"Of course I have heard of Tenebras Mister Gallo, you are by far the most influential organization in riverside by the sound of it. Regrettably while I have been in your city I have never been able to visit. I'm glad to be able to correct that now." She replies with a smile before gesturing to her husband. "Yes, this is Harnel Mithar, my beloved. I'm surprised you haven't heard of him, he's quite a renowned fighter."

Halae
2013-01-21, 06:32 PM
[Riftside - The Tower]

"Not as I was," Emelda says, "As I should be, without the transformations that were happening to me."

[Wine Tasting - Near the Entrance]

Harnel probably isn't making the best first impression for Ramiro. He's currently glaring at the guard that asked him to relinquish his weapon. He very clearly will not, without his wife's word at least.

Lost_Deep
2013-01-21, 07:00 PM
Wine tasting

Dipsnig and the Mayor are allowed in, and Sedrat Quelg (the quarren on the eastside parliment) will immediately head towards him. Vryn is also allowed in, as is Defelant...

But Lenai is stopped at the door.

"I'm sorry, mam, but you aren't on the guest list, and I have direct orders that only guests on the list can be let in," the guard says politely. "I you think there's been a mistake, you can-"

"Lenai!"

The guard not talking to Lenai looks back into the crowd. "It's that crazy woman," He says in a hushed voice and steps back.

Enthi Ehmin, food critic extraordinaire, is dressed up in a mindbogglingly-expensive overly artistic getup. There's bands on her tentacles, her blue lipstick is sparkling... she's all sparkling. She's almost a blue and purple disco ball.

"So glad you could make it! Come on in! Are you stoppping her?"

"She-"

"No."

"Lo-"

"Let her in right now or you will be spending the money off of this gig for hospital bills."

The other guard nods his head; he doesn't doubt that she could do bad things, even through full plate.

The first guard steps aside. "Enjoy your night, madame."

Near the Entrance

The guard is going to... strongly encourage for a bit, but isn't going to force the matter.

However, there will be at least two guards in view of Harnel for the rest of the night.

Riftside - The Tower

Harnel nods at Libra. "You know how much I dislike it; and he certainly doesn't like it any more than I do."

Gullara
2013-01-21, 07:09 PM

Ramiro raises an eyebrow at Harnel, but that's the only break in his demeanor. "I'm afraid the distance between Inside and Riverside does mean I won't hear everything there is to know. It does please me to hear that you know of use, however. I hope you enjoy your time in the city. It's quite different from such a grand city as Inside, but I do think it has its own charms."

Shadowcaller
2013-01-21, 07:33 PM
Riftside - The Tower

"Hey! Unlike you he actually enjoys being a girl at times!" Libra protests, pointing at Emalda. "But alright, I'll turn you back." It will happen instantly, one moment Emalda is there, the next Harnel prime is. Back in his original condition.

happyturtle
2013-01-22, 09:33 AM
Wine Tasting

Wine Tasting - Lenai +1

Arriving at the event she wasn't supposed to know about, Lenai is intent on crashing this little soiree in style. Clothed, for the first time since she's been in the Nexus, in something other than a thin layer of soil. Specifically she's made herself a surprisingly plush and flattering overcoat made from the furs of the booming saber-squirrel population her forest boasts these days. It may be sewn together with sinew, but it hugs her slim, toned body well and hides whatever she might be wearing or not beneath it.

She strolls right up to one of the guards with determination in her eyes, hiding her discomfort at being away from her forest carries, "I am here to watch the ceremonies, as one of the artists responsible for providing the main refreshment up for judgement." Cole may be with her if she's managed to coax him to come, since he is equally responsible for this and should take just as much of the credit.

Cole is here, and dressed finer than he's been since his wedding clothes were ruined by weather and travel. He may have rejected much of his past, but he knows that a Beekeeper Druid Priest must dress the part. To that end, he asked Jeanne to go to the market and trade some of his honey for some fine fabric, as well as a needle and thread, and from that, he made a proper priest's tunic.

He remains barefoot, of course. He hasn't been able to wear shoes since he left his home. Even stepping indoors is wrenching for him. How much worse if he was also carrying his own barriers with him.

The entire ordeal is possible for him for two reasons. First, because his lady asked it of him. And second, because there are a few bees in his hair, keeping him connected to the hive and the forest.

He speaks nothing, but holds his head high. He is a representative of the Hive, and of the forest, adopted son of the Wolf. No one here can make him feel ashamed. Even if he is so young that his beard is only now starting to come in for the first time.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/8292/tek50fea0d087d1d2700121.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/52470429)

FireFox
2013-01-22, 10:42 AM
Wine Tasting-Tobias

The man in the top hat also sports a fine mustache and what appears to be a hybrid between a suit and a trench coat. It's brown with prominent brass buttons, and under it he wears a vest with many pockets.

"Indeed I am," He says, offering a handshake, "Sir Donwell. I'm the head of security for this event, as well: if you have trouble, feel free to come to me. The fine spirits are over that way, the snacks are in the side rooms, and conversation is anywhere you very well like. It's too early for me to pin down the circles yet, though; so far most of it is generic empty talk and gossip."

The fox-eyed druid firmly shakes Sir Donwell's hand. Thank you. I was hoping you could tell me about your group. This is the first I've heard about it. Admittedly, I don't know much about Riverside in general.

Halae
2013-01-22, 11:11 AM
Riftside - The Tower

"Hey! Unlike you he actually enjoys being a girl at times!" Libra protests, pointing at Emalda. "But alright, I'll turn you back." It will happen instantly, one moment Emalda is there, the next Harnel prime is. Back in his original condition.[Riftside - The Tower]

Harnel lets out a breath, glad to have all those thoughts out of his head. He says, "Alright, you two still have the rift above your home. Mind if I go to take a look at it, make sure it's not dangerous? It was my original reason for being here in the first place. You can send me home after that."

if the pair don't object, Harnel will go up to the roof to see the rift, and try to judge whether it's truly dangerous, or just weird.

Shadowcaller
2013-01-22, 11:44 AM
Near the Entrance

The sorceress sigh at Harnel, "Dear, if swords aren't allowed. Maybe you should give him it?" Why was he being so intense all of sudden?

"Yes, I can see it's a community on the rise. Last time I was here there were new constructions at all even through I heard you recently have gone through some hardships. Something about a god?" Of course, she wasn't sure she could count a being that created such chaos a god.

Gullara
2013-01-22, 12:18 PM

"Ah yes. Dionysus. We're still recovering from that incident, but we're putting it behind us and have learned from it. A sort of magical contaminant was introduced tot he water supply through the river. We're presently working on introducing a more robust water filtration system that can deal with these sorts of issues, though unfortunately the division of the city does pose a barrier. We do what we can, however. Tenebras is very concerned with the growth of the city." Ramiro says. Evidently he's pleased with Cessie's interest.

Slii Arhem
2013-01-22, 01:00 PM
Wine Tasting

Cole is here, and dressed finer than he's been since his wedding clothes were ruined by weather and travel. He may have rejected much of his past, but he knows that a Beekeeper Druid Priest must dress the part. To that end, he asked Jeanne to go to the market and trade some of his honey for some fine fabric, as well as a needle and thread, and from that, he made a proper priest's tunic.

He remains barefoot, of course. He hasn't been able to wear shoes since he left his home. Even stepping indoors is wrenching for him. How much worse if he was also carrying his own barriers with him.

The entire ordeal is possible for him for two reasons. First, because his lady asked it of him. And second, because there are a few bees in his hair, keeping him connected to the hive and the forest.

He speaks nothing, but holds his head high. He is a representative of the Hive, and of the forest, adopted son of the Wolf. No one here can make him feel ashamed. Even if he is so young that his beard is only now starting to come in for the first time.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/8292/tek50fea0d087d1d2700121.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/52470429)

Wine tasting

Dipsnig and the Mayor are allowed in, and Sedrat Quelg (the quarren on the eastside parliment) will immediately head towards him. Vryn is also allowed in, as is Defelant...

But Lenai is stopped at the door.

"I'm sorry, mam, but you aren't on the guest list, and I have direct orders that only guests on the list can be let in," the guard says politely. "I you think there's been a mistake, you can-"

"Lenai!"

The guard not talking to Lenai looks back into the crowd. "It's that crazy woman," He says in a hushed voice and steps back.

Enthi Amin, food critic extraordinaire, is dressed up in a mindbogglingly-expensive overly artistic getup. There's bands on her tentacles, her blue lipstick is sparkling... she's all sparkling. She's almost a blue and purple disco ball.

"So glad you could make it! Come on in! Are you stoppping her?"

"She-"

"No."

"Lo-"

"Let her in right now or you will be spending the money off of this gig for hospital bills."

The other guard nods his head; he doesn't doubt that she could do bad things, even through full plate.

The first guard steps aside. "Enjoy your night, madame."

Near the Entrance

The guard is going to... strongly encourage for a bit, but isn't going to force the matter.

However, there will be at least two guards in view of Harnel for the rest of the night.

Riftside - The Tower

Harnel nods at Libra. "You know how much I dislike it; and he certainly doesn't like it any more than I do."

Wine Tasting - Lenai and Cole

"I'm glad you've come to reason. If you have a mat, please get it for my colleague. He has discerning tastes for what he allows himself to stand on." All those unwanted lessons in high culture her father forced upon her have come to this.

Lenai walks into the mansion, peering around at the assorted guests and wondering just how they will react once they've sampled the main course. It should be an enlightening affair for everyone involved.

Morty
2013-01-22, 01:05 PM
Wine tasting

Dipsnig and the Mayor are allowed in, and Sedrat Quelg (the quarren on the eastside parliment) will immediately head towards him.

The Mayor nods to Sedrat when he sees him approach. "Ah, Councilor Quelg. I expected to see Parliament members here."

Lost_Deep
2013-01-22, 05:04 PM
Riftside - The Tower

Harnel nods to Harnel. "Go ahead, I didn't see anything outside but go ahead."

Wine Tasting

Lenai+1

"Unfortunately, they assured me several times that they could not provide every possible luxury without making the logician's head explode, and I'm rather fond of her."

Enthi looks down at Cole. She seems to also look down on him, but then again it seems that she looks down on literally everything in the room that is not Lenai.

"I don't think anyone has gotten into the Mead yet. If this does not change soon, I will make a speech."

Tobias

Donwell nods. "Well, from what I understand it's some kind of insane fluke of luck in that some members from an Elite social group were pulled into the nexus and, surprise surprise, they were no longer nobility! The ones that could lever their way back up the social ladder, they did if the couldn't, they were left behind. It's a very every-man-for-himself kind of organization; they help each other but none of us are dependent on the charity of others."

"Of course, there are a lot of people that match this story that aren't in the group. The final trick, of course, is who you know."

Eastside politicians

"Every member of the Parliment is invited; I saw to it myself." Sedrat says. "In addition, I'm finishing up some of my other obligations, as well, so my maximum attention can be devoted to my office."

Anyone else

There are a lot of people here... most anyone can Look for a Conversation and find one.

Darkcomet
2013-01-22, 05:18 PM

Vyrn spots Ramiro, Cessie, and Harnel and heads over in their direction. "Ah, Mr. and Mrs. Mithar, Mr. Gallo. Am I interrupting anything?"

FireFox
2013-01-22, 05:28 PM
Wine Tasting - Tobias

Ah... The proud world of High Society and the few people who are somehow very important despite having never done anything for the majority of the people... Tobias carefully keeps the disdain off his face. Due to my own political work, I am well acquainted with them, although I can't say I understand them.

happyturtle
2013-01-23, 05:46 AM
Wine Tasting - Lenai +1

"It is of no concern, Lenai. I am well." Cole says. He puts his hand up to allow one of his bees to land on it.

Halae
2013-01-23, 03:40 PM

Harnel looks over Vyrn, and nods in respect to him, but doesn't say anything. He's just here in his capacity as Cessie's body guard (and taster, given Cessie doesn't drink wine), so he's not really contributing to the conversation.

[Riftside - The Tower]

Harnel will leave the room, going up to the roof to see about that rift. His job here still wasn't complete after all...

Shadowcaller
2013-01-23, 04:02 PM

The councilor nods, at least they were doing something about it. Too bad so much chaos and destruction had to ensue though. "How is riverside divided exactly? Are you working towards some kind of unification?" She asks before suddenly Vyrn approaches them.

Cessie gives him a polite nod, recognizing his status. "We were just discussing Riversides current situation actually, but I wouldn't say you're interrupting anything." The sorceress wasn't exactly sure what she was going to call Vyrn. Adviser just didn't seem right but he wasn't really royalty either.

Riftside - The Tower

Libra gets up from the floor and follows Harnel and Harnel curiously. "So you're going back to your clone world now mister clone?" She asks, her teddy bear suddenly there again.

Morty
2013-01-23, 04:22 PM
Eastside politicians

"Every member of the Parliment is invited; I saw to it myself." Sedrat says. "In addition, I'm finishing up some of my other obligations, as well, so my maximum attention can be devoted to my office."

"Finishing your other obligations? What exactly do you mean?" Mayor O'Donnel knows that Sedrat is affiliated with the people who are organizing this event, of course.

Lord Magtok
2013-01-23, 04:36 PM
Wine Tasting

One might be tempted to think an event like this is just a touch too classy for a cyborg like our Magtok. He's not known for his poise or grace, after all, but his eccentricities. He didn't get onto the Council for being dignified, but for being dangerous. Indeed, one might think this is exactly the sort of place that doesn't want or need a Magtok, and Magtok himself would probably agree!

Appropriate or not, no matter whether you think him well-mannered or just plain unwell, our cyborg still managed to get an invitation. He almost didn't show up, nearly sparing everyone the indignity of spending another minute in his intolerable presence, before realizing that Riverside's politicians would be in attendance. Nightmarishly boring wine-sipping festival or not, he couldn't very well pass up an opportunity for more intel on these people, could he? It'd be such a disappointment to Ilpholin, and he can't very well allow himself to look weak and lazy to the rest of AMEN, not after the disaster that was Ilph's week away from the Association...

"Nothing to declare but this laser-eyed waterfowl, Mr. Guardfellow. Do be careful with it, and try not to make eye contact, they see that as a challenge."

Magtok attempts to pass the lasgoose along to the guard, before strolling in through the door. Gods know he's going to be bored out of his mind here, but at least he had the sense to come alone. Doesn't want a repeat of the miserable deadtime quagmires he suffered at the drow party, after all.

Gullara
2013-01-23, 07:42 PM

Vyrn spots Ramiro, Cessie, and Harnel and heads over in their direction. "Ah, Mr. and Mrs. Mithar, Mr. Gallo. Am I interrupting anything?"

Harnel looks over Vyrn, and nods in respect to him, but doesn't say anything. He's just here in his capacity as Cessie's body guard (and taster, given Cessie doesn't drink wine), so he's not really contributing to the conversation.

The councilor nods, at least they were doing something about it. Too bad so much chaos and destruction had to ensue though. "How is riverside divided exactly? Are you working towards some kind of unification?" She asks before suddenly Vyrn approaches them.

Cessie gives him a polite nod, recognizing his status. "We were just discussing Riversides current situation actually, but I wouldn't say you're interrupting anything." The sorceress wasn't exactly sure what she was going to call Vyrn. Adviser just didn't seem right but he wasn't really royalty either.

"Ah, Mr. Altaran. It's a pleasure to meet you. As Mrs. Mithar said, we were discussing the political situation in the city. I'm afraid there are no plans of any sort of unification at the time being." Ramiro says.

Chaotic Bob
2013-01-23, 08:49 PM
[Ponyville]

Eeww...

Syrup.

The light purple filly is now VERY sticky! And that seems to break her out of whatever weird trance she was in. "Gah! What-?"

She whirls around now dripping with sticky, sweet liquid. And she has a look of utter betrayal in her eyes. "Is... this syrup?" she asks in a quivering voice, doing her best to push a now clingy strand of mane out of her eyes. "Why would you..."

Her voice is trembling now as tears begin forming in her eyes.

"You're all mean!" the filly wails before turning once again and galloping off toward town crying.

[Ponyville]

Hm.
The last alien didn't really react that way.

This leaves the CMC rather perplexed, staring off with confusion as the filly runs away.

"Wow. That alien is really weird."
"Scootaloo, yer dumb. That ain't an alien!"
"Oooh, we should go apologize!"
"Why should we apologize for being cautious? She came out of a statue! Alien!"

The pegasus is given two dirty looks, before Applebloom and Sweetie Belle both run off after the crying filly.
"Waaaaait, come back! We didn't mean nothin' by it!"
"We're sorry!"

Slii Arhem
2013-01-23, 08:55 PM
Wine Tasting

"Then I guess the help will have to clean this up afterwards. It would have been easier with a mat, but we can't always have things the easy way." Lenai reaches into the folds of her furs and pulls out a sewn leather satchel full of dirt from Wildside, topsoil mixed with the fallen leaves of her hibiscus trees. Unless she's stopped she'll open it up and pour out a good amount on a patch of floor.

"There, much better to have beneath your feet than manufactured flooring, wouldn't you agree?" She asks Cole, gesturing that he can stand there if he likes. She didn't ask if he wanted her to bring something like this earlier, simply assuming he might need a bit of an extra comfort of their home to keep himself calm in this unnatural environment.

Rebonack
2013-01-23, 09:04 PM
[Ponyville]

She did come out of a statue, didn't she? A creepy bug statue. That certainly seems concerning, doesn't it? And yet her reaction was all wrong! Aliens are supposed to be allergic to syrup, the comic book said so. But instead of keeling over the filly just acted like any filly might if doused with sweet sticky syrup.

When she's met from behind by apologies instead of cruel laughter that seems to be enough to give the filly pause. She turns back toward the others and it is plain to see that her face is an absolute mess. Sticky with snot and tears and sugary goop. She tries to reply a few times, but the first few attempts are choked off by tears.

After a rather agonizing few moments she finally manages to whimper out a pathetic, "...why?"

Her coat is a deep sky blue and her mane a poofy orange-pink. Reminiscent of the sky at sunrise right before things start getting bright. Her eyes are a warm golden yellow like morning light streaming through thick clouds.

And the filly's flank is, without question, blank.

Darkcomet
2013-01-23, 09:08 PM

"Ah. Discussing possible unification of Riverside, I take it? It's unfortunate that it's so divided-I've always believed that to face the threats in this world, we must face them as a unified force. Division only weakens us all. This would be a much better place if more felt that way, in my opinion, but what do you all think?" Some might take that to be simply his excuse for his violent forging of the Empire, but there's no deceit in Vyrn's tone. Whether that means he believes it or he's just really good at this isn't apparent, though.

Lost_Deep
2013-01-23, 09:09 PM
Wine Tasting

Tobias

"No member of the Discerning Eye is useless. I'll admit that a number of them aren't any good to the bulk of the populace, but none of them are useless. A number are dangerous in their own, economic ways." He shrugs. "I don't agree with all of them, but suffice to say that none of them are truly useless."

Lenai +1

Enthi doesn't seem to care about the dirt. One of the guards stares, but Enthi doesn't care.

"The other things available vary between microbreweries to some alien stuff only found orbiting some star in some nebula, and I have tried it all and found nothing as good. Nothing. There is no doubt in my mind that people will remember it, even if they remember nothing else from tonight."

Eastside politicians

"I was a rather active member in this organization for a time, something that helped my election I expect. Still, I want to avoid any distractions, such as 'old friends' asking for 'favors'." Sedrat then guestures toward the table of fine spirits. "How about we try something? I know for a fact that a lot of money was spent procuring these samples, and I know at least one person who has threatened bodily harm if someone doesn't enjoy them."

Magtok

The guard accepts the lasgoose with hesitance. "It... what?"

"Just do what he says and keep it out of the way; I'll call it into Donwell, I guess?"

As Magtok enters the room, someone in particular is watching him. A woman with purple hair, wearing the sash and pin of The Discering Eye. She isn't speaking to anyone at the moment, instead examining Magtok with curiosity.

Chaotic Bob
2013-01-23, 09:21 PM
[Ponyville]

Well, her face is all gross.
An alien's face could be all gross too?

Although this is a different kind of gross.

Enough to make the two other fillies each flinch a bit.
Sweetie's horn glows and a napkin is drifted towards the rather miserable-looking gross filly.

"Um...it was...an accident?"
Lame response.
Applebloom seems to agree, in that she rubs one of her hooves awkwardly before offering the better truth. Embarrassment is king upon her face.
"Sorta...thoughtyouwereanalien."

Scootaloo lurks somewhere in the distance behind.

Rebonack
2013-01-23, 09:39 PM
[Ponyville]

The filly sits down and takes the napkin in her hooves and does her best to clean her face with it. There isn't much to do about the syrup beyond a good bath. But at least she can take care of the snot and the tears. "Thanks..." she mutters with a small sniffle.

That's a little bit better.

But just a little.

"An... alien? Like... with antenna? And eyes that shoot space magic?" the filly inquires cautiously.

Gotta watch out for that space magic.

Nasty stuff.

"Why would you think I'm an alien? And... why syrup?"

Chaotic Bob
2013-01-23, 09:55 PM
[Ponyville]

"Yeah...like with space magic."
Did it always sound silly? Maybe it's just the way this filly says it.

Applebloom frowns a bit at the question of the syrup.
"Well, it's how the aliens in the comic were beat.
And the alien back at the club-house seemed to get stopped by it too..."
That was really all she needed to be certain of the plan.

"Hrm...wish I remembered that spell Rarity always used to cleaning up messes..."
"Why? You couldn't use it-yer horn's back!"
A startled look, a hoof jabbed towards Sweetie's head.
Another startled look, and a hoof slapped up to feel for a horn.
"Huh? Oh my gosh, it is! Eeeee! I can use magic again!"
"Does that mean everythin's okay again?"

From somewhere behind:
"WHOA! MY WINGS ARE BACK?!"

Rebonack
2013-01-23, 10:10 PM
[Ponyville]

Aliens with eye rays that are stopped by syrup. And apparently they thought she was one. That is easily the silliest thing ever. These are, without a doubt, silly fillies. Though it still would have been better if she hadn't ended up all sticky.

And then magic. Magic and jubilation.

Was there something wrong with magic before?

Something... important?

The filly scrunches up her nose and finds that recent memory is all a blurry haze. She was doing something important. Then she fell. Then she woke up. Then she started trotting... somewhere... and then she got hit with a syrup balloon.

And now here she is.

But none of that matters right now.

What DOES matter right now is, "My mane feels really gross... Is there somewhere I could clean it?"

Chaotic Bob
2013-01-23, 10:39 PM
[Ponyville]

Somewhere, Scootaloo is prancing.
She will never admit to it.

But she is prancing.

Meanwhile, here, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom are sort of grabbing each others' hooves and dancing about a bit.
Well, up until this other filly mentions the syrup again.

Then they kinda stop, calm down a teeeeensy bit, and think.
"Doesn't your sister have a really nice bath?"
"Yeah. She's not here either, so...I guess she couldn't get mad if we kept an eye on the Boutique for her?"
"Well let's get goin' then!"

A plan is formed!
The two fillies grin and take a step back down the street.
"C'mon...uh, what's yer name?"

Rebonack
2013-01-23, 10:56 PM
[Ponyville]

A bath would be great right now! Get all this nasty gunk out of her mane. And clean off all this stuffy dust. Why is she covered in marble grit, anyway? That doesn't make any sense at all. There's absolutely no reason why a filly should be powdered with pulverized stone.

Nope.

No reason at all.

Pay no attention to that crumbled bug statue with the filly-shaped cavity inside it. That isn't worthy of one's time in the least. Not when there are more important things to think about.

Like telling Applebloom her name.

She glances off toward the east, eyes lingering on the Canterhorn and other mountains far beyond. "Dawn."

Then she begins trotting down the street with the others. "Resplendent Dawn. Just Dawn is nice, though..."

Chaotic Bob
2013-01-23, 11:17 PM
[Ponyville]

"Res...resple...I'll just call ya Dawn, yeah."
"Nice to meet you Dawn! Come on, Rarity's place is this way."

Weird name!
But lots of ponies have weird names.
Who are they to judge?

Onwards! To the Boutique!

Sweetie Belle will be spending most of this trip gleefully levitating Applebloom's bow into new shapes.

Rebonack
2013-01-23, 11:34 PM
[Ponyville]

Dawn is sadly lacking any in any form of apparel. Unless you consider grit and syrup apparel. In which case she has apparel in spades. As the trio trot down the street they'll probably notice the creepy bug statues scattered about the town, each of them frozen as if it had been in the middle of some action when it was petrified.

Dawn can't help but feel kind of sad when she looks at them.

Though she isn't altogether sure why.

In the distance a soft white glow should be visible in the direction of the library. Especially if it is night still. One never knows when Discord is calling the celestial shot.

"So... what are your names?"

FireFox
2013-01-24, 12:37 AM
Wine Tasting

Tobias

"No member of the Discerning Eye is useless. I'll admit that a number of them aren't any good to the bulk of the populace, but none of them are useless. A number are dangerous in their own, economic ways." He shrugs. "I don't agree with all of them, but suffice to say that none of them are truly useless."

Tobias never used the word "useless". He didn't even imply that this group is useless, only that they are more concerned with themselves than with the citizens of Riverside. And yet this man repeated his statement three times. Clearly this is a sensitive subject... but why?
You sound rather defensive, Sir Donwell. I think you misunderstood me. In my world there are noblemen and noble men, one is served by the people while the other serves the people. I am simply trying to figure out if The Discerning Eye, as a group, exists to benefit everyone in Riverside or merely its own members.
Perhaps this social club has seen everyone else dividing up this city like a pie and they are now determined to reclaim what they perceive as their rightful status. Perhaps tonight is the first move in a serious play for power. Tobias decides he needs to keep an eye on The Discerning Eye. He couldn't care less about an upper class society's aspirations, but if their methods hurt innocent civilians, HALO would have to intervene.

Chaotic Bob
2013-01-24, 01:40 AM
[Ponyville]

Pff, how can it be night when the Sun's right there?
...except the Moon is over there.

Are they supposed to be in the sky at the same time?

Is half the sky supposed to be night like that?

Applebloom and Sweetie Belle seem to be doing a good job of trying to not notice.

Although that glow in the distance...that does remind them.
"Oh shoot, we're supposed to be stopping the aliens!"
"Oh gosh. Um...wait, what if we show Dawn the bath, and then go stop the aliens?"
"That could work!"

So! Time to wrap this up, they think, so they can get back to saving the town!
"Ah'm Applebloom. This here's Sweetie Belle."
"Hi."
"That butt of a friend who was...somewhere behind us, is Scootaloo."
"We're the Cutie Mark Crusaders!"

Lord Magtok
2013-01-24, 11:52 AM
Wine Tasting

Wine Tasting

Magtok

The guard accepts the lasgoose with hesitance. "It... what?"

"Just do what he says and keep it out of the way; I'll call it into Donwell, I guess?"

As Magtok enters the room, someone in particular is watching him. A woman with purple hair, wearing the sash and pin of The Discerning Eye. She isn't speaking to anyone at the moment, instead examining Magtok with curiosity.

Ms. Purple Hair won't find it hard to approach him, should she choose to do so. Magtok just sort of hovers about in his semi-formal event black robe, lost in the crowd, without much of a clue what to do here. This isn't anything like the delightfully gaudy charity auction the Masks did, nor as imbued with significance and power as the Council meetings. Who are the folks behind this get-together, and what the hell is the Discerning Eye supposed to be Discerning, anyways?

The Bushranger
2013-01-24, 01:03 PM
Pearhouse Manor

"I must thank them for giving these when I get back to GLoG. Or, um, go visit again." Natalie straps on the slingshot, and gives it a few tries unloaded to see how easy it is to shoot.

Natalie's very fond of all kinds of biscuits, so whilst she's probably eaten a fair few there probably isn't one she prefers over the others so long as they're home-baked by halflings. "I'll be sure to eat them later. But I think there's cake at some point."
"Not for a while, though. You've got our presents to unwrap, yet." Natalie nods and waits for them to open.

The first is from her father; it's a day planner, and there's a notation made every Tuesday- 'Magic Lessons'. When Natalie notices, she runs over to hug her dad. The second is from her brother, and is a large book on mineralogy.

Jamie grins broadly as the presents are unwrapped.
...and tries to peek at the mineralology book while Natalie's back is turned. :smalltongue:

Wine Tasting

Defelent arrives. He's a red-skinned tiefling with stubby horns protruding from his forehead, black hair and a goatee waxed into a point. He's wearing loose black robes with a small two-tailed scorpion worked in silver thread embroidered onto it so it rests above his heart. He seems unarmed, and has in fact decided to leave his sentient mace at home. She's very hard to hide, given her empathic nature.

As it happens, at the moment Defelent arrives, so does Naethalee. The half-drowess nods to him in greeting as they walk in, perfectly coindicentally, together; she's wearing an almost opalescent bodysuit (which, unike the one Becky favors, is full-cut in the back) with a plunging neckline, a glittering stone on a necklace postioned perfectly to catch the eye as it catches the light. Her thigh-high boots, containing her twin swords, are the same opalescent color, and sport modest yet stylishly lifted heels as well. She looks slightly distant, but still warm; it might well be noted, however, that her eyes are now completely white, in the manner of some full drow.

Rebonack
2013-01-24, 01:16 PM
[Ponyville]

Hmm. Well. That is unusual isn't it? The whole sun and moon in the sky at the same time thing. That might happen normally elsewhere, but this isn't elsewhere.

Dawn glances back to see if the orange pony is still following them. Hmm... nope. Not a sign of her. She'll catch up eventually, right? Right.

"Maybe I can help too once I'm not all dirty and gross!" Dawn suggests. For whatever reason she feels like she should know something about these 'aliens'. And one thing in particular, too. One thing that's sticking in her mind like a thistle in the throat.

"Are you sure they're aliens?" Dawn asks as she prods at one of the statues with a hoof. "None of them have any antenna. Everypony knows that aliens have to have antenna."

Come on.

This is common knowledge.

Shadowcaller
2013-01-24, 01:34 PM

"Ah, Mr. Altaran. It's a pleasure to meet you. As Mrs. Mithar said, we were discussing the political situation in the city. I'm afraid there are no plans of any sort of unification at the time being." Ramiro says.

"Ah. Discussing possible unification of Riverside, I take it? It's unfortunate that it's so divided-I've always believed that to face the threats in this world, we must face them as a unified force. Division only weakens us all. This would be a much better place if more felt that way, in my opinion, but what do you all think?" Some might take that to be simply his excuse for his violent forging of the Empire, but there's no deceit in Vyrn's tone. Whether that means he believes it or he's just really good at this isn't apparent, though.

"I believe that unity can change the world." Cessie replies. "My own home nation of Hestopia have through unity won peace after a terrible war. I can't say anything about Riverside until I know more but I can't imagine a city can work very well divided into so many governments."

Earl of Purple
2013-01-24, 05:01 PM
Wine Tasting

"Oh, Naethalee, you look absolutely stunning. Only the lack of enormous beetles trudging endless plains convinces me I'm not dead." Since he'd go to the Abyss rather than Heaven, in general the layer ruled by his demonic liege.

The Bushranger
2013-01-24, 05:04 PM
[Wine Tasting - Entrance]

"Why thank you, dear Defelent." Naethalee smiles warmly, after seeming for a moment to be looking distantly, and offers Defelent her hand, which (as should have been noted before) is sheathed in a skintight, matchingly opalescent elbow-length glove of silken material. "I'm sorry I haven't been able to be...present, much lately. Things have been very busy for me these days."

Earl of Purple
2013-01-24, 05:11 PM
Wine Tasting- Defelent & Naethalee

"That's OK. We have a new convert, and she's very attractive. A full cleric, too, though I don't think she's here- she has an undercover mission from Dalachrech. Still, she's not the same as you." Defelent will take Naethalee's hand and head towards the alcohol.

The Bushranger
2013-01-24, 05:16 PM

"Well, that's certainly good to hear. I'm glad you haven't been lonely." Naethalee giggles softly, as she's lead for the punchbowl. "And how are things at the temple lately, hm?"

Earl of Purple
2013-01-24, 05:24 PM

"The Inside Temple has been burgled, which isn't too bad, except they looted the tomb of Reverend Narahar the Twice Martyred, which is unfortunate. My equivalent, Terrowin, is hoping that Narahar will return and this time die peacefully in bed of old age. We've got a description and posted it on the Wall, and we've heightened the defences of the other Temples and crypts. It won't happen again." Defelent really wants to catch the guy who did it- an eternity being fed to beetles is too good for him, in Defelent's opinion.

The Bushranger
2013-01-24, 05:31 PM

"Hmmm, I'll keep an eye out for anyone who appears to be a grave robber, then," Naethalee declares, selecting an elegant cup (picked in preference to several glasses, it might or might not be noticed), and reaching to secure some wine.

(but I'm off for a couple hours)

Earl of Purple
2013-01-24, 05:38 PM
Wine Tasting- Defelent and Naethalee

"We don't bury dead priests unless they specifically ask for it. Narahar wants to come back when we can help him here, so his body was stored in a refrigerated store room in the Temple. To get in, the thief bypassed all our wards and defences." And also destroyed several undead guardians linked to Narahar's corpse and programmed to awaken when his body was disturbed.

Gullara
2013-01-24, 05:49 PM

Ramiro nods. "It can cause its fair share of problems I will admit, and some sort of unity would be ultimately beneficial. I'm afraid that we're far from achieving that, though. There are too many differing views at this time. Fortunately, there is more communication between each side than there had been when we first arrived here."

The Bushranger
2013-01-24, 06:58 PM
[Wine Tasting- Defelent and Naethalee]

"That is...rather odd, indeed, isn't it?" Naethalee observes, raising an eyebrow with a somewhat curious expression.

It might not have escaped Defelent's notice that there might have been rumours of a "Lady in White" assisting the Emerald Lady in Southside in recent times.

"Might have been" because this came to me in the car while I was out and I haven't had a chance to run it past Amber for 100% confirmation yet. :smalltongue:

There /might/ also be further rumours that the Lady in White is of dusky skin, and others that she sometimes heads about like Lady Godiva...

Earl of Purple
2013-01-24, 07:09 PM

"It shows they were skilled, and undeterred by our reputation as slaving murderers. The reputation is wrong with regards to the Inside Temple, and Terrowin is trying to foist it away from his flock, which might be why the thief struck there. But my Temple has been prepared, and so I look forward to seeing them try." I'm not sure who the current official leaders of Northside are, let alone if there's any form of efficient policing or justice system, so it's more likely that any captured thieves will be put to work to the good of the Temple.

Also, Defelent's not going to link Naethalee's new appearance to the rumours for the simple reason that he knows the previous ruler of Southside was a fey, and is assuming that she has either rebranded herself or chosen one of her own kind to replace her rather than elevated a mortal to her position.

The Bushranger
2013-01-24, 07:25 PM
[Wine Tasting - Defelent and Naethalee]

"It might be somewhat amusing to let them think they succeeded...until they think they have gotten away," Naethalee observes with a chuckle as she turns her gaze around the room with curiosity.

And true enough. :smallsmile:

Earl of Purple
2013-01-24, 07:34 PM

"But also too risky. The defences of the Inside Temple failed because they underestimated the determination and magical skill of a thief willing to risk their lives for a magic sickle. I don't want to do that, no matter how entertaining it may be. So I've doubled the wards on all of the doors, keyed them to something less obvious and harder to find than the previous wards and ramped most of them up to lethal levels. In addition, I have had several mechanical traps installed and I have decreased the amount of food given to the temple guardians." He's not mentioning everything he's done here, because I can't remember all of it and also he's smart enough not to mention everything even when he thinks he's secure.

The Bushranger
2013-01-24, 07:39 PM

"Hmm. Why decrease the food, though?" Naethalee asks, before pausing and nodding. "...ah. You mean gargoyles and giant beetles and the like, not warriors. I understand now. Logical enough."

Earl of Purple
2013-01-24, 07:43 PM

"I've also been breeding them larger, introducing new stock from... Extraplanar sources, and choosing the most aggressive individuals to be hand raised by the Temple servants. I am protected by Dalachrech's Glory, but I don't want my servants eaten." By 'extraplanar sources' he means primarily the Abyss.

The Bushranger
2013-01-24, 07:55 PM

"Of course. Good help is hard to find." Naethalee chuckles, refilling her cup. "But shall we speak of happier things, perhaps?"

Earl of Purple
2013-01-24, 08:03 PM

"Yes, let's. What's been happening on your end? Has life been interesting?" Defelent's certainly curious; he hasn't seen Naethalee wear white before, I believe.

The Bushranger
2013-01-24, 08:24 PM

"I've been helping Lady Genesis in the administration of Southside," Naethalee acknowledges with a nod, and a smile. "There has been a lot to learn and take in, but it's been very, very rewarding." As well as gaining the Grace of the Cup (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Cup).

Earl of Purple
2013-01-24, 08:32 PM

"Oh, really? I don't know much about Southside, I must admit. How are things doing down there?" That's perked his interest.

I'm not sure if the different colours marks a different voice or if your mouse slipped on the colour chart, so if the former, Defelent doesn't notice for now.

The Bushranger
2013-01-24, 08:35 PM

It was a typo, actually; 'purpe' gives blue.

"Fairly quiet, actually. The people are happy and things are going very well, indeed." Naethalee looks quite happy herself with this.

Earl of Purple
2013-01-24, 08:38 PM

"That's good to hear. Any plans on expanding, do you know? Even into the countryside surrounding Riverside, rather than into the territory of another ruling faction." Defelent's curious because he is actually rather scared of Genesis- she's a powerful, alien being and he's afraid that he might be the only person in a position of power (even if it's as minor as it is) that is aware of just how powerful and alien she could be.

The Bushranger
2013-01-24, 08:42 PM
[Wine Tasting- Defelent & Naethalee]

"Honestly, not that I'm aware of, but Lady Genesis plays her future plans very close to the chest at times. I doubt, however, that we would be looking to significantly rock the boat, as it were, at least not any time in the near future." Naethalee finds a comfortable spot of wall to lean back against, relaxing.

Earl of Purple
2013-01-24, 08:50 PM
Wine Tasting- Naethalee & Defelent

"Well, then that is one less thing I have to worry about." The Riverside Temple is quite centrally located and always has been; its location was chosen to provide its pastor followers everywhere in the City and some idea as to what occurred where without having to invest in an expensive spy network. "Lady Genesis, I am not afraid to say, genuinely scares me; I have no idea what she's planning at all." Whereas the vampires tend to do things quite openly and he's got a good working relationship with a man with an employee whose cousin has managed to get a spy elected to the Eastside Council. A good enough relationship that everything Durk tells Terrowin is told to Defelent, though Durk doesn't say everything he's told by Byont and Byont knows more than he tells Durk.

The Bushranger
2013-01-24, 08:51 PM
[Wine Tasting- Naethalee & Defelent]

"I'll be sure to pass along your compliments," Naethalee says with a wink and an impish smile. "I would personally be more concerned about other powers moving in, although I find some of the more recent powers in the area intriguing."

Darkcomet
2013-01-25, 02:04 AM

"I believe that unity can change the world." Cessie replies. "My own home nation of Hestopia have through unity won peace after a terrible war. I can't say anything about Riverside until I know more but I can't imagine a city can work very well divided into so many governments."

Ramiro nods. "It can cause its fair share of problems I will admit, and some sort of unity would be ultimately beneficial. I'm afraid that we're far from achieving that, though. There are too many differing views at this time. Fortunately, there is more communication between each side than there had been when we first arrived here."

"I have some personal interest in how the political situation develops-I doubt anyone wants our two cities to be used as havens for each others' criminals, for example. Do you ever have issues with the other powers and jurisdiction, Mr. Gallo?" There's something to Vyrn's tone that says he's going to suggest something.

Oh dear.

Shadowcaller
2013-01-25, 07:10 AM

"Yes, I'd like to more about these different sides. What is Riverside divided between exactly?" The sorceress asks.

Then another voice joins in. "I'm sure you have seen the castle looming above the city omniously? I would be it's represenative." An dark-skinned lady in a black dress approaches the gathering. "Lady Celestel at your service." She says with a bow before Vyrn, Cessie and Ramiro. "I hope I'm welcome to join this conversation? It sounded like you were discussing something which would involve as northsides representative."

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2425/tek5102748f253817455118.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/52492021)

Gullara
2013-01-25, 09:43 AM

"Of course, Lady Celestel. I was just going to explain the political situation in Riverside to Mr. Altaran and Mrs. Mithar." Ramiro turns to allow Celestel to stand with them.

"I'm sure you've heard of Eastside's recent election. The Democracy Now movement gained a lot of support there. I'm not surprised it happened. Eastside was poorly governed for some time. We would have offered our own support there like we had initially in Westside, but there was a church with quite a bit of influence that spread slander about my people. An unfortunate situation. The council that leads them now is certainly an improvement over the guidance the people had previously. They're idealists, but their intentions are good."

"Southside is... concerning. It hadn't existed as a district until relatively recently. A powerful being known as Genesis exerted her influence over the southern portion of the, and she transformed it into what it is now. It's distinctly unnatural in many ways, but life goes on normally for its citizens for the most part. You'd have to visit yourself to see what it's like."

"And then there is Northside, which as you know Lady Celestel is representing. Her people stepped in lend their service to the district some months ago. Before then a group lead by a mysterious figure named Scaal was swinging their weight around previously. There were... a number of unsavory rumors about them. They were hardly better than the thugs that ruled the city before it was divided. They've gone underground now as far as I can tell."

"To answer Vyrn's question, there is the occasional complication due to the city's division, but we do manage despite the difficulties."

Morty
2013-01-25, 10:56 AM
Eastside politicians

"I was a rather active member in this organization for a time, something that helped my election I expect. Still, I want to avoid any distractions, such as 'old friends' asking for 'favors'." Sedrat then guestures toward the table of fine spirits. "How about we try something? I know for a fact that a lot of money was spent procuring these samples, and I know at least one person who has threatened bodily harm if someone doesn't enjoy them."

"It would be rude not to taste at least some of the drinks offered here," the Mayor says as he takes a glass of one of the alcohols. "And I'm glad to hear about your goal to focus on governing Eastside. Things have been going surprisingly well since the election, but in this city it's liable to change at any moment."

happyturtle
2013-01-25, 12:48 PM
Wine Tasting

Wine Tasting

"Then I guess the help will have to clean this up afterwards. It would have been easier with a mat, but we can't always have things the easy way." Lenai reaches into the folds of her furs and pulls out a sewn leather satchel full of dirt from Wildside, topsoil mixed with the fallen leaves of her hibiscus trees. Unless she's stopped she'll open it up and pour out a good amount on a patch of floor.

"There, much better to have beneath your feet than manufactured flooring, wouldn't you agree?" She asks Cole, gesturing that he can stand there if he likes. She didn't ask if he wanted her to bring something like this earlier, simply assuming he might need a bit of an extra comfort of their home to keep himself calm in this unnatural environment.

Lenai +1

Enthi doesn't seem to care about the dirt. One of the guards stares, but Enthi doesn't care.

"The other things available vary between microbreweries to some alien stuff only found orbiting some star in some nebula, and I have tried it all and found nothing as good. Nothing. There is no doubt in my mind that people will remember it, even if they remember nothing else from tonight."

Cole steps onto the earth Lenai provided, touched by her thoughtfulness. At Enthi's professions, he smiles. "It is unforgettable." His own encounter with the mead changed everything for him.

Earl of Purple
2013-01-25, 03:24 PM

"I am worried about other factions moving in, but most of those are led by beings with a more understandable outlook, so I'm more confident about what their aims and motives. I hope Democracy Now doesn't move in; I don't know how they feel about slavery for certain, but only because the slave market I know of in Eastside has always tried its hardest to keep its head down and doesn't feel comfortable revealing itself." He could just ask, but that's an awkward question to ask if your views disagree, and if your views are public knowledge (which the Riverside Temple's are, if not common knowledge) then they might lie to give a false sense of security before attempting a liberation.

Darkcomet
2013-01-25, 03:43 PM

Vyrn turns as Celestel arrives, and decides to introduce himself. "Ah, a fellow enthusiast in the realm of unusually large aircraft. I am Prince Vyrn Altaran, captain of the Sanctuary and commander of the Altaran Irregulars, currently working alongside Remnant in the city of Inside. I was just asking Mr. Gallo about Riverside's divisions and the issues they cause. I find it a wonder that the city manages to run despite them, though on the other hand I doubt it's as inherently chaotic as what I'm used to. If you don't mind my posing the same question to you, do you ever run into problems caused by those divisions, such as jurisdictional conflicts?"

The Bushranger
2013-01-25, 03:53 PM
[Wine Tasting - Defelent & Naethalee]

"The faction that has me most curious is the temple in the outer portion of Eastside," Naethalee admits, after a moment's consideration. "What do you know of those who wear the masks?"

Earl of Purple
2013-01-25, 03:59 PM

"Very little, I'm afraid. I think they worship a goddess of desire, or god of pleasure, or possibly both. Or a single deity with both as aspects of a greater whole. The colour of the masks indicates ranking within the organisation, and the leader wears a white mask. I don't know the other ranks, though. I'm sorry, but they're new and we haven't had much interaction with them." Newer than the Cult of Dalachrech, anyway.

The Bushranger
2013-01-25, 04:20 PM
[WT - D&N]

"I see. That seems to be fairly much what we know as well. Perhaps further investigation might be required at some point," Naethalee muses, pausing for a refill of her drink. "That said, I believe things are...relatively peaceful for now, at least."

Earl of Purple
2013-01-25, 04:26 PM

"Perhaps. If they work against us, we'll find out about it, and if the vampires of Westside work against them we'll almost certainly find out more about them." Because the spymaster of Tenebras has a great-great-great-et-grandnephew in the Cult of Dalachrech.

Shadowcaller
2013-01-25, 05:58 PM

"And I'm Cessie Mithar, council representative and one of the leaders of watchtower." The sorceress introduces herself to the newcomer. "I did in fact see your castle, it's quite impressive."

"Thank you councilor. It is good to know Inside and the other organizations visit Riverside so they see what issues we're dealing with." Celestel replies before turning to Ramiro and Vyrn.

"You couldn't mention it at a better time you kingship. Malechenar very much wants to unite the city under one government. In fact, I was going to talk to Mr. Gallo here about the possibility to unite the city under one law with a united police enforcement. We believe that vampires, hunters, gargoyles and Genesis guards combined would prove a much better law enforcement. I mean, criminals are right now using this diversion to escape justice. Not to mention that there are criminals that this very moment walk around without anyone daring to touch them as they are under the protection of the very god that caused to much destruction. Malechenar wants to end all this chaos and create order. Very much like you by the sound of it your kingship. It's unfortunate we haven't meet until know." Celestel goes on a bit of a rant.

Chaotic Bob
2013-01-25, 06:17 PM
[Ponyville]

Hmm. Well. That is unusual isn't it? The whole sun and moon in the sky at the same time thing. That might happen normally elsewhere, but this isn't elsewhere.

Dawn glances back to see if the orange pony is still following them. Hmm... nope. Not a sign of her. She'll catch up eventually, right? Right.

"Maybe I can help too once I'm not all dirty and gross!" Dawn suggests. For whatever reason she feels like she should know something about these 'aliens'. And one thing in particular, too. One thing that's sticking in her mind like a thistle in the throat.

"Are you sure they're aliens?" Dawn asks as she prods at one of the statues with a hoof. "None of them have any antenna. Everypony knows that aliens have to have antenna."

Come on.

This is common knowledge.

[Land of Ponies and Aliens]

The two fillies pause at this idea.
They do don't they?
Hm.

That could be a-
"Pff, they're obviously just hiding them! Like in issue 4."

A pegasus filly snaps into place near them, curling her scooter into a sharp turn for a quicker stop.
"Come on now, this is basic alien stuff. Can we go now?"

Her wings rev up again, and she immediately takes off for...somewhere.
Maybe the Boutique? Who knows.

"Uuuuh. Sure?"
"...let's just get Dawn her bath."

Off to Rarity's fashionable abode.
Which is a little on the neglected side, the past couple days, but nothing anyone that isn't her would notice.

Rebonack
2013-01-25, 06:40 PM
[Ponyville]

To be fair Rarity has her hooves full with more pressing matters at the moment. Pressing matters of the rather awful sort. But now doubt when she returns safely she'll want to clean up a bit. Try to take her mind off all that trauma...

Dawn will happily follow the others to the carousel boutique. And just as happily follow them to the bath in question. Hmm... who has been feeding that fluffy cat whilst her owner is gone? Would imagine Sweetie would but...

Anywho!

"Wouldn't getting turned to stone or splashed in syrup reveal their true form?" Dawn inquires as she trots along. No way she's going to be able to keep up with the speeding Scoots, though. "Or am I thinking of something else..."

Gullara
2013-01-25, 06:50 PM

Ramiro's eyebrows raise slightly. "That will have to be something we have to meet about. I'd like to discuss it further, but I expect this isn't the time to do so."

The Bushranger
2013-01-25, 07:06 PM
[Wine Tasting (D&N)]

"Wheels within wheels, the system of diplomacy by fair means and foul moves on," Naethalee muses with a shrug, then turns her head slightly, listening in to the conversation nearby.

Earl of Purple
2013-01-25, 07:13 PM

"Yes, but I hope that slavery is never banned here. If it is, then I'll have to convert to Reformed Dalachrechianism, and that will upset Elezibethele because I'll then be supporting Terrowin, and she hates humanity. She might just try to wipe humanity out, but at the least it'll provoke a holy war. Most likely a shadow holy war; we're not large enough to mobilise large bodies of soldiers, but we can train and use assassins." Elezibethele hates humanity for weakening the elves, hates elves for their weakness, and hates drow for their inability to unite into a single cohesive force. And also because they wouldn't let her become a cleric of Lolth during her time as a slave.

Halae
2013-01-25, 07:24 PM
[Wine Tasting - Near The Entrance]

"You could always just set me up as King of Riverside." Harnel says. There's a level of nonchalance to it; it's extremely hard to tell whether he's joking or being serious.
Riftside - The Tower

Libra gets up from the floor and follows Harnel and Harnel curiously. "So you're going back to your clone world now mister clone?" She asks, her teddy bear suddenly there again.[Riftside - The Tower]

"Trying to, yes. I'm not exactly sure how, but i think I can manage it if I find a way to interact with this rift." He looks at Libra, "Unless you'd be able to just send me there. I'd very much appreciate that."

Morty
2013-01-25, 07:31 PM
Pearhouse Manor

Jamie grins broadly as the presents are unwrapped.
...and tries to peek at the mineralology book while Natalie's back is turned. :smalltongue:

Brinika waves her feet in the air as Natalie thanks her father and brother for the gifts. She also peers curiously at the mineralogy book. As a goblin, she was raised to believe humans have no idea whatsoever about anything underground.

Darkcomet
2013-01-25, 07:33 PM

"..."

It is at this moment that Prince Vyrn, former ruler of Inside, veteran of war and apocalypse alike, generally a supernaturally powered paranoid bastard, and commander of a flying aircraft carrier, was completely and utterly flabbergasted.

"That...was a joke, yes, Mr. Mithar?"

This is probably the first time anyone's seen the guy sincerely confused.

The Bushranger
2013-01-25, 07:34 PM
[WT - D&N]

Naethalee frowns a bit, then shrugs. "While I personally don't care for it, however the issue is a very complex one," she admits with a nod. "And perhaps I should speak to Lady Elezibethele to better understand the issues at hand at some point?"

She trails off, turning her full attention to The Half-Dragon Who Would Be King by the entrance with an air of surprise.

Shadowcaller
2013-01-25, 07:44 PM

For a moment Cessie just stares at her husband before she suddenly seem to force a laugh, Ceslestel (thankfully) joining in.

"Very funny Mr. Mithar. You have to excuse me though, I didn't realize you were married to the councilor at first but I can see it clearly now."

"I think our children need this 'king' more then Riverside do actually." Cessie comments with a glance at her husband.

Gullara
2013-01-25, 08:04 PM

Ramiro stares at the half dragon as well, as if he's trying to see into Harnel's head ans see what he's thinking. It's not a moment later that he joins in on the laughter, perhaps sounding more genuine than the others. "Quite the sense of humour you have, Harnel."

[Pearhouse Manor]

Salix just watches as Natalie receives the rest of her gifts, grinning all the while. These birthday things are great.

Slii Arhem
2013-01-25, 08:10 PM
Wine Tasting

"Indeed it is." Lenai agrees simply, though it's plain to see there's something on her mind.

"Is there any requirement for me to mingle, or do you mind if Cole and I just sample and watch a while? I'm mostly curious as to how people will react, and despite my heritage I'm not much of a drinker myself." She knows how to make and brew most anything, but when it came time to romp and revel she proved to be such a disappointment.

Halae
2013-01-25, 08:36 PM

Harnel shrugs, not joining in the laughter, "Politically speaking, a unified government benefits all as it's somebody that deals with the large writ problems, things that deal with the city as a whole; the riots caused by Dionysus recently. Law enforcement under a banner that doesn't bow to any of the factions within riverside keeps people from having favored treatment, ensuring fair justice, at least in theory. It'd also keep the situation from growing more volatile as time goes on, and keeps the situation from becoming aggressive, rather than diplomatic."

"As the leaders of the factions would be deciding the terms of this agreement, they could control how much real power the 'ruler' has by determining the restrictions placed upon him in his decision making, possibly even requiring him to be part of a council, though that would be obstructive in times of crisis."

"I'm independantly wealthy, enough to help provide for parts of the city in general if it came to it, I have children, so I understand families in general, I'm a warrior so I understand conflict, and I've spent enough time being and dealing with nobility that I can help deal with the upper class." Harnel hooks a thumb towards the sword on his back, "This was a gift from Genesis and I'm on good terms with Jezebel of the Masks. It's just everybody else - including those I'm speaking to right now - that I'd have to convince of my worth," he nods towards Celestel and Ramiro.

"All in all, there's worse choices, and a single ruler isn't actually a bad idea, assuming he understand delegation and asking for advice."

The Bushranger
2013-01-25, 08:50 PM

"Gift of a sword or not, I believe Southside has no need for a King," Naethalee says politely, taking a step torwards the group gracefully, the half-drowess' movements strong yet lithe. "The current political arrangements of the region suit it and its residents well enough."

And besides, strange women distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!

Lost_Deep
2013-01-25, 11:42 PM
"It would be rude not to taste at least some of the drinks offered here," the Mayor says as he takes a glass of one of the alcohols. "And I'm glad to hear about your goal to focus on governing Eastside. Things have been going surprisingly well since the election, but in this city it's liable to change at any moment."

Wine Tasting

Ms. Purple Hair won't find it hard to approach him, should she choose to do so. Magtok just sort of hovers about in his semi-formal event black robe, lost in the crowd, without much of a clue what to do here. This isn't anything like the delightfully gaudy charity auction the Masks did, nor as imbued with significance and power as the Council meetings. Who are the folks behind this get-together, and what the hell is the Discerning Eye supposed to be Discerning, anyways?

Tobias never used the word "useless". He didn't even imply that this group is useless, only that they are more concerned with themselves than with the citizens of Riverside. And yet this man repeated his statement three times. Clearly this is a sensitive subject... but why?
You sound rather defensive, Sir Donwell. I think you misunderstood me. In my world there are noblemen and noble men, one is served by the people while the other serves the people. I am simply trying to figure out if The Discerning Eye, as a group, exists to benefit everyone in Riverside or merely its own members.
Perhaps this social club has seen everyone else dividing up this city like a pie and they are now determined to reclaim what they perceive as their rightful status. Perhaps tonight is the first move in a serious play for power. Tobias decides he needs to keep an eye on The Discerning Eye. He couldn't care less about an upper class society's aspirations, but if their methods hurt innocent civilians, HALO would have to intervene.

Wine Tasting

Cole steps onto the earth Lenai provided, touched by her thoughtfulness. At Enthi's professions, he smiles. "It is unforgettable." His own encounter with the mead changed everything for him.

Wine Tasting

"Indeed it is." Lenai agrees simply, though it's plain to see there's something on her mind.

"Is there any requirement for me to mingle, or do you mind if Cole and I just sample and watch a while? I'm mostly curious as to how people will react, and despite my heritage I'm not much of a drinker myself." She knows how to make and brew most anything, but when it came time to romp and revel she proved to be such a disappointment.

Wine Tasting

Tobias

"Ah, that makes more sense. It's really less of an orgainzation and more of a collection of individuals in that aspect. some of them are only looking out for #1, but others are more charitable. There isn't really any group on that front," Donwell explains. "Sorry, I'm a bit distracted. I need to keep an ear on the security feed so I can spot an-"

He suddenly turns away, bringing his hand up to one ear.

"A what?"

After a moment, he turn back to Tobias. "I'm sorry, I have to go. Someone dropped off a weaponized waterfowl and I need to go make sue it's treated properly."

With that, he turns and rushes off. Not running, but definitely moving with a purpose.

Magtok

The woman with purple hair will begin to walk toward Magtok, smiling slightly. "Lord Magtok, is it? I'm Jade Alime. Although this might seem odd, I would like to start this conversation by saying that you're the most fascinating individual that I've ever been in the same room as."

Eastside politicians

"Agreed. I'm surprised that the election itself wasn't disrupted; much less that they haven't tried something by now. I suspect that we have internal politics to thank for this reprieve. Specifically, other people's internal politics." Sedrat also takes a drink, and sips it carefully.

Lenai +1

"Hah, I dare say that if you wanted to you could avoid most conversation. Especially if you stay too close to me; I have a history of scaring people off." Enthi smiles slightly. Good memories...

"Sometimes I like to walk up to people, introduce myself, and then try to crush their world view just to see if I can."

Lord Magtok
2013-01-26, 08:10 AM
Wine Tasting

Magtok's first instinct is to make an intentionally bad joke, something self-deprecating about her not being in a lot of rooms or knowing very many people. Next, he takes note of the name, and the hair. Jade (green) Alime (a green), and she has purple hair. That's...that's peculiar, certainly. Probably an unusual story behind it, too. Some sort of code name, or maybe terribly inconsiderate parents.

"It's just Magtok these days, actually. I've been trying to do away with the more overtly nefarious 'lord' title as of late." Magtok explains with a smile. Ah, the old 'You don't have to call me Lord Magtok' response. Our Maggy's been using that little number for years now. It makes him sound a little more down-to-earth, just a little more sympathetic and human, as opposed to this big, flashy, egotistical celebrity who knows thinks he's better than everyone else. Never has gotten around to removing 'Lord' from his signature or more flashy introductions, though. Probably never will. He certainly hasn't stopped any of the Magbots from calling him that, either.

"And I'd have to say that's one of the most startlingly innovative ways to start a conversation I've ever heard. Tell me more about this 'Magtok' individual; what do you find so positively intriguing about him?" He asks facetiously, playing up the vanity to such a degree that no one could possibly think he's being serious.

Morty
2013-01-26, 08:11 AM
Eastside politicians

"Agreed. I'm surprised that the election itself wasn't disrupted; much less that they haven't tried something by now. I suspect that we have internal politics to thank for this reprieve. Specifically, other people's internal politics." Sedrat also takes a drink, and sips it carefully.

"I suspect that the presence of Hunters and the fact that Riverside was still dealing with the aftermath of Dionysius' tantrum helped safeguard the election," O'Donnel says. "They had no choice but to allow it to happen. As for now, I think you may be right in that they have their own matters to deal with. None of them seem interested in expansion, apart perhaps from the new rulers of Northside. I do not trust them," he admits with honesty.

Darkcomet
2013-01-26, 04:52 PM

"That's, er, bold of you. I doubt they'll be willing to let someone otherwise completely uninvolved in the city take such a role, but it'll be an interesting thought experiment, if nothing else." Vyrn looks thoughtful for a moment. "I've come to think that an ideal ruler is an immortal, secured against those who would end them and shielded against mental manipulation. Naturally, you'd want to make sure this immortal was benevolent enough before installing them. Some prefer a more democratic system, but I find that too risky here, what with the presence of many capable of tampering with the minds of the masses. For example, the riots that have been mentioned were the result of such a thing, correct? Apply that to an election and, well, you'll see my point."

He seems to be trying to change the subject to something a bit less awkward.

Earl of Purple
2013-01-26, 06:05 PM
Wine Tasting- Near the Entrance

Defelent, the High Priest of the Middling branch of Dalachrechianism, also followed Naethalee over. "I doubt Elezibethele would welcome you with open arms. You're half-drow, and she respects drow their strength, but you're also half-human, and she loathes humanity for weakening the elven race. But most of all she hates half-elves for not being pure-blooded elves when the elves are growing rarer."

He then turns towards the others to join the new conversation his date has joined. "Then why not consider me for king? I'm already a citizen, so I know what's going on, and my faith has followers in all four districts so I have a rough idea of what life is like everywhere in the city. I would like to point out that a unified Riverside government might not work. At the moment, the city has stability as all the factions stay away from each other. There's too much at stake to risk gaining more- the first faction that tries to unify Riverside under their rule will bring all three against them. A unified city with a council, would find the factions trying to manipulate more power for themselves at the expense of the others, maybe eventually trying to claim the centre stage- be that kingship, presidency, or whatever. That will require the death or exile of the previous incumbent and if it fails will result in instability and potentially street fighting between loyalists and rebels. I would not support a unification of Riverside at this time." Especially not under Harnel, who is known to be anti-slavery.

Pearhouse Manor

Jamie and Brinika may note that the book's author was named Steel Waraxe. Not a very human-y name; in fact, more of a dwarfen name. This is due to the author being a dwarf. It also seems more focussed on the material properties of the various rocks and crystals- strength, hardness, sharpness, beauty, etc, rather than their spiritual properties- what they can be used to do by which types of magic, suitability for providing a scrying surface, and how they can assist in the creation of magical artefacts.

"So, I think that's all my presents opened. What do you want to do now?" They can either ask Natalie for a further tour, play party games, or do both off-screen and end the scene.

Shadowcaller
2013-01-26, 06:06 PM

Cessie frowns when Harnel mentions the masks. Did her husband seriously believe he was on good terms with those black-hearten cultists? She sighted mentally, sometimes he was just too gullible.

"I personally believe it's best to leave the decisions to Riversides inhabitants dear. Outsider or not, you don't actually know a lot about the city or it's people." Not that she actually thought he was being serious, but she didn't agree very much with his reasons. It would be interesting to see her husband being the ruler over something though.
"Besides, perhaps there is some middle ground between democracy and tyranny?" To the sorceress the term didn't have as many negative associations as it have today. Many city states within her world had tyrants and other tried democracy. Hestopian, her home city state had something in between the two.

Celestel shakes her head. "While we would reach out a helping hand to the budding democracy in Eastside, I don't believe either of us will agree on a workable solution. But I agree with his kingship Vyrn, I do not believe that democracy is workable. perhaps else where it might be an solution, but I doubt it will work for Riverside. So in that degree I agree with Mr. Mithar's thought experiment. Riverside needs a strong leader with the qualities his kingship describes. In fact, when you mention Tyranny Mrs. Mithar, I can't help but think of the Therasun empire, an empire of old within my old world which elected tyrants at the times of great need which had to resign after a few years." She says.

[Riftside - The Tower]

The girl looks curiously at Harnel. "I could." She peers at the other Harnel. "But... could I ask him for something in exchange mister Therishein? It will just be a tiny, little thing" She holds her thumb and finger together to demonstrate this.

The Bushranger
2013-01-26, 06:49 PM
[Pearhouse Manor]

"I dunno. How long is it before dinner?" And cake. "We could maybe go outside or look around the manor or something?" Jamie suggests.

Gullara
2013-01-26, 06:59 PM

Ramiro finds it hard to disguise what he thinks of Harnel's little idea there. Quite frankly, he thinks the half dragon is absolutely absurd, but he managed to maintain his polite expression.

"That's quite an interesting suggestion, Harnel, but your wife has the right of it." An outsider who knows nothing of Riverside's opinion on the matter is of little value. Or at least one coupled with such absurdity. He redirects his full attention away from Harnel and to Cessie. "Perhaps you'd care to elaborate on your thoughts, Mrs Mithar?"

Halae
2013-01-26, 07:04 PM

"As my wife already knows, I was just speaking in hypotheticals. I've no interest in being a ruler. political power would be great, but I don't want the responsibility related to it," He shrugs, "I have enough enough with my children."

"My point was actually to get you thinking about the possibility of a unified rulership."

The Bushranger
2013-01-26, 07:36 PM

"Perhaps I could convince her otherwise about my apparent weakness actually being a strength," Naethalee observes to Defelent with a chuckle. She then sighs as the size of the group by the entrance results in their comments being lost in the din, and moves away to a slightly less noisy area, looking for someone to speak to about matters, heading, as it happens, in the direction of Lenai and giving her a nod of greeting...

Slii Arhem
2013-01-26, 08:03 PM
Wine Tasting

And Lenai breathes out a barely audible murmur, "Well so much for that." before returning the nod Nae has given her respectfully.

"Good evening, I suppose. By the smell of you you're here representing some slice of Riverside?" the orchard nymph doesn't mean anything derogatory by it, but with her furrowed brow it's hard to tell just by looking at her.

The Bushranger
2013-01-26, 08:06 PM
[Wine Tasting]

"Good evening," the half-drowess answers, nodding in acknowledgement. "And you would be correct; Southside, to be precise. Naethalee Halcyon," she introduces herself formally, with a proper curtsey. "And you would be?"

Slii Arhem
2013-01-26, 08:21 PM
Wine Tasting

"Lenai, of the forests now surrounding Riverside. I'm not sure I've seen anyone from Southside bumbling around among my trees, which means the people there are either more intelligent or more cautious than the fools I usually have to deal with."

The Bushranger
2013-01-26, 08:44 PM
[Wine Tasting]

"Perhaps a bit of both?" Naethalee suggests, chuckling softly. "And you have a problem with people disrupting your forest, then?"

Slii Arhem
2013-01-26, 09:06 PM
[Wine Tasting]

"Perhaps a bit of both?" Naethalee suggests, chuckling softly. "And you have a problem with people disrupting your forest, then?"

Wine Tasting

"The way others would hear tell it, I have a problem with keeping people out. It's not easy separating the harmless travelers from those who come with avaricious intent, but from my few meetings with people in the city I've at least determined that not all of you are heartless, so I decided to force myself to come here and see how you act when not confronted by a hostile nymph and a forest full of deadly flora."

The Bushranger
2013-01-26, 09:24 PM
Wine Tasting

"Ah, I see. Unfortunatly there are many who would seek magic woods for their own gain," Naethalee admits. "But I hope that, so far, you are finding things here pleasant enough?"

ThePhantom
2013-01-27, 01:13 AM
Dock 7- Sailing for Treasure

Resting at Dock 7, a three-masted sailing ship sits in the water. The gangplank is done, and it can be seen that the crew of the ship are kobolds.

Pete waves his hand at the ship.

"And here we arrrr. The Cloud"

PurityIcekiller
2013-01-27, 03:17 AM
[Dock 7]

Kyinde looked over the ship from stern to bow. "Wow. Looks like it's a good design. And a cute crew, too! I like this already."

ThirdEmperor
2013-01-27, 08:26 AM
Dock 7

Sauntering along after Kyinde and Pete, James whistles as the ship comes into view, clearly approving of their transportation. "So boss, how much punch does this sweet little vessel pack? Twenty cannons? Fifty cannons? One-hundred cannons?"

happyturtle
2013-01-27, 11:30 AM
Wine Tasting

Lenai +1

"Hah, I dare say that if you wanted to you could avoid most conversation. Especially if you stay too close to me; I have a history of scaring people off." Enthi smiles slightly. Good memories...

"Sometimes I like to walk up to people, introduce myself, and then try to crush their world view just to see if I can."

Cole gives a half-smile. "Care to crush my world view?" he asks.

Lost_Deep
2013-01-27, 11:48 AM
Riftside - The Tower

Harnel looks down at Libra. "Be completely truthful; hide nothing, Libra. And then let him decide carefully."

Wine Tasting

Magtalk

"Because of what is impossible where I come from, admittedly. Science is seen as inferior to magic in every way; it's what people use when they can't use magic for something. And while magic has infinite potential, technology has a distinct limit to what it can do... and I step into the nexus and discover you." Jade will walk over to one of the wine tasting tables, and pour something for herself. "You shoot beams of death, you have an army of automatons, you fly, you teleport, you have grafted yourself with metal, made yourself both more lethal and more useful... without a mote of magic."

She turns back to him. "Absolutely fascinating."

Eastside politicians

"Nor do I," Sedrat agrees. "I believe a member of their organization has been invited; perhaps we could speak to them?"

Lenai +1

Enthi watches as Lenai gets pulled into a conversation. She watches quietly. She then looks down at Cole, and smiles at him slightly. "Your world view currently results in the greatest alcoholic beverage ever made, I believe. I dare say that it can stay intact!"

Morty
2013-01-27, 12:13 PM
[Eastside politicians]

"It might be a good idea," O'Donnel says as he scans the room for the Malechenar representative. "If she's the person I think she is, she's involved in a conversation with several other people already, however. We should probably wait."

FireFox
2013-01-27, 01:13 PM
Wine Tasting

Tobias

"Ah, that makes more sense. It's really less of an orgainzation and more of a collection of individuals in that aspect. some of them are only looking out for #1, but others are more charitable. There isn't really any group on that front," Donwell explains. "Sorry, I'm a bit distracted. I need to keep an ear on the security feed so I can spot an-"

He suddenly turns away, bringing his hand up to one ear.

"A what?"

After a moment, he turn back to Tobias. "I'm sorry, I have to go. Someone dropped off a weaponized waterfowl and I need to go make sue it's treated properly."

With that, he turns and rushes off. Not running, but definitely moving with a purpose.

Oh please. He couldn't even be bothered to come up with a better excuse than... Oh, Magtok just walked in. Nevermind then. Tobias decides to get a drink, then look around for someone else to talk to.

happyturtle
2013-01-27, 02:01 PM
Lenai minus Lenai

Lenai +1

Enthi watches as Lenai gets pulled into a conversation. She watches quietly. She then looks down at Cole, and smiles at him slightly. "Your world view currently results in the greatest alcoholic beverage ever made, I believe. I dare say that it can stay intact!"

"My worldview has been in flux for some time, but I believe I will always be a keeper of bees and harvester of honey." Cole says.

Shadowcaller
2013-01-27, 02:35 PM
Riftside - The Tower

"I'm always truthful Mister Therishein!" No lies here sir!

She turns back to Harnel. "Okay! So, I want you to give me an object or person from your world that is completely different then it's here. You can call me any time and you have unlimited tries but it needs to be something special." She smiles adoringly. "That wouldn't be so hard right?"

"It's not exactly something I have put a great deal of thought into Mr. Gallo. The system is from Ferorn, a city state within my world. Basically you voted who would control the city but only certain people could partake in the election. In addition all the power didn't go to the winner, instead each party got equal members in the governing body as many votes they got in the election. So if it would be applied to riverside only your organizations would be able to be selected, with the democratic side electing whoever the one that would represent them. Then an election would decide how many members of each organization would get into the senate." Cessie explains to the vampire.

"Interesting, but not something I can see would be agreed upon. It still have the many flaws that his kingship just mentioned. Not to mention that these senate members easily could become corrupted." Celestel replies.

Darkcomet
2013-01-27, 02:48 PM

Vyrn nods at Celestel. "Indeed. The problem with democracy isn't an inherent one, depending on where you're from, though, in my mind. In a world without those with the power to control minds and opinions through magic or some other means, it could work better. But this is no such place, nor was my own world. I find what presence it has a bit...dangerous, considering the risks involved, and the measures that they may find necessary to avoid them."

Lord Magtok
2013-01-27, 04:23 PM
Wine Tasting - Magtalk

Wine Tasting

Magtalk

"Because of what is impossible where I come from, admittedly. Science is seen as inferior to magic in every way; it's what people use when they can't use magic for something. And while magic has infinite potential, technology has a distinct limit to what it can do... and I step into the nexus and discover you." Jade will walk over to one of the wine tasting tables, and pour something for herself. "You shoot beams of death, you have an army of automatons, you fly, you teleport, you have grafted yourself with metal, made yourself both more lethal and more useful... without a mote of magic."

She turns back to him. "Absolutely fascinating."

Magtok grabs a drink himself, and shrugs. "I had help. Centuries of scientists and researchers before my time to build up a foundation on which to do all that I do. My homeworld, pretty sure it was an Earth, either hadn't any magic or not anywhere near enough, so we had to make do."

He sips at his drink, and gestures towards a group of others. At least one of them is probably an Earth native. "Whether it's called Earth, Terra, or Sol-3, it's actually a pretty common place to be from. Of course, it's usually not the same Earth, and each has its own quirks. This one, Hitler won World War Two, that one, the Hellenistic gods were real, and a couple have magic and superpowers...I've been meaning to study the whole Infinite Earths thing further, but somehow a Crisis always seems to come up at the worst of times."

Chaotic Bob
2013-01-27, 04:37 PM
[Ponyville]

To be fair Rarity has her hooves full with more pressing matters at the moment. Pressing matters of the rather awful sort. But now doubt when she returns safely she'll want to clean up a bit. Try to take her mind off all that trauma...

Dawn will happily follow the others to the carousel boutique. And just as happily follow them to the bath in question. Hmm... who has been feeding that fluffy cat whilst her owner is gone? Would imagine Sweetie would but...

Anywho!

"Wouldn't getting turned to stone or splashed in syrup reveal their true form?" Dawn inquires as she trots along. No way she's going to be able to keep up with the speeding Scoots, though. "Or am I thinking of something else..."

[Ponyville]

"I dunno, this is going over my head a little bit. I only read the first one..."
"Come on Dawn, Rarity's room is this way."

Sweetie Belle is deciding that this nonsense is much less important than getting a new friend clean.

So in they go! Then around to the back of the store, to Rarity's pristine (organized chaos...) room.
It's an interesting shift, the well-kept storefront, versus the mildly disarrayed idea and bed rooms.

Creativity demands a little messiness.

Scootaloo definitely hadn't missed this entire conversation and definitely isn't going straight to the library.

Rebonack
2013-01-27, 04:52 PM
[Ponyville]

Alas, Sweetie had to find that out the hard way.

Anywho, off to bath time! Dawn inspects her surroundings curiously. Again, everything here seems weirdly familiar to her. Like recalling details from a dream from ages ago that suddenly popped into her memory. But this doesn't really strike her as strange. This is how she's been feeling ever since she woke up and started being aware roughly fifteen minutes ago.

Things that she needs to know... something about...

Something.

She's sure she'll figure it out eventually.

"It's really pretty in here," she comments conversationally. "Where is your sister? Is she busy somewhere?"

Meanwhile!

Scoots shall arrive at the library!

There are a whole bunch of horrible arthropod statues laying around everywhere. But the library itself is just as... weird... looking as it was previously. The strange growth around it looks at once organic and mineral. Milky white opal flashing with facets of color. Some portions of the structure are rounded and globular, others are long sharp crystalline spires, and still others are long tendrils that sway gently in a phantom breeze.

Despite looking so strange and alien the spectacle exudes a sense of awe and comfort. The pegasus may recognize the feeling from her contact with Flitter.

Chaotic Bob
2013-01-27, 05:43 PM
[Ponyville]

"Oh, um...we're not...sure."
"Our sisters are probably just off saving the day somewhere else! They do that a lot."

They're like superheroes!
But kind of weird and goofy most of the time.

Sweetie rummages around in the bathroom for a few moments, before poking back out with a sponge and some sort of...probable-cleaning-substance.
Probably.
"Found her good stuff!"

Elsewhere, Scootaloo is peering at the growths with a slightly mistrustful look.

She does recognize that sensation, and doesn't really...trust it.
The others said the alien was mind-controlling her or something, and that was after this nice feeling.

The pegasus averts her gaze a little bit, trying to not look directly at anything and find the library in the mass.
After a moment of hesitation, she calls out into the strangeness.
"Hello? Is there anypony in there?"

Rebonack
2013-01-27, 06:03 PM
[Ponyville]

The library has been completely covered in the alien growth. The pattern of weird blobby bits and tendrils and spires is oddly repeating in a visually pleasing fashion. Spirals of form adorn its surface that echo its shape as a whole. And the closer one looks the more fantastical variation is to be found.

One could get lost in the vision of it, their gaze drawn ever deeper into endless detail and beautiful complexity.

Scoots calls out and is met with not a voice, but with music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImuLz1Oo9c8).

Music that whispers through the space between moments.

Somepony, or something, is here.

Somepony calling to her.

MEANWHILE!

Dawn has taken the initiative and started the bath water flowing. Need to wait for a little bit for it to get properly warm before plugging the drain. "So your sisters are heroes? That sounds... neat! Do you ever go on adventures with them?"

She seems to think this is a very interesting subject. Much more interesting than nonsense about silly aliens.

Gullara
2013-01-27, 06:16 PM

"An interesting system to be sure. Not without its own difficulties I'm sure, but interesting none the less." Ramiro remarks. "As for democracy, it's not without its merits, that is certain. In theory it should make corruption within the government much more difficult to take root. That said, Democracy is not always needed, and it is far from a perfect system itself."

Halae
2013-01-27, 06:38 PM
Riftside - The Tower

"I'm always truthful Mister Therishein!" No lies here sir!

She turns back to Harnel. "Okay! So, I want you to give me an object or person from your world that is completely different then it's here. You can call me any time and you have unlimited tries but it needs to be something special." She smiles adoringly. "That wouldn't be so hard right?"[Riftside - The Tower]

Harnel thinks for a long moment, and then turns towards the other Harnel, "Can I see the best piece of craftsmanship you've ever made?"

Chaotic Bob
2013-01-27, 06:45 PM
[Ponyville]

Scootaloo snaps her eyes shut in a hurry.

Okay, this place was weird.
Maybe not nightmare-level bad, but it most certainly isn't good either.

And that sound...

Why couldn't she be a cleverer pony and figure out what's going on here?

"Where are Sweetie and Applebloom..."
She mumbles a bit to herself, before cementing down her doubts under a block of pride.

Doesn't matter! She doesn't need them right now, this second. Not for a little investigation, right?
It's not like she's deep in the heat of anti-alien battle or something (she'd want her friends around for that).

Nope, just her, this weird...stuff, and a weird noise.

Also a bunch of syrup balloons.
"Sorry, but not really!"

One is tossed at the nearest weird structure.

Elsewhere!

Sweetie takes a moment to arrange "Rarity's best stuff" for Dawn before retreating a bit from the bath.

"No...not really. Rarity says it'd be too dangerous for us to go on most of them."
"Although we...might have followed them once or twice..."

Rebonack
2013-01-27, 07:01 PM
[Ponyville]

There is no reaction what so ever to the syrup balloon. The strange music continues to fill the air and the feelings of serenity fail to abate. It would seem the standard alien weakness has no effect one... whatever that thing is.

Didn't Flitter make stuff like this?

Just... A lot smaller?

What if the syrup hadn't done anything to her at all?

What if she was just pretending to be allergic to it!

These may be somewhat dire realizations.

Meanwhile!

Once the water is high enough Dawn will clamber into the bath and begin scrubbing herself vigorously. Aside form the sticky syrup there's an awful lot of dust and grit in her coat and mane, too. Before long the water is going to start looking pretty scuzzy.

"Well... it's good that your sisters want you to be safe, right?" Dawn reasons. That seems like a noble thing to want to her. That one's family be safe. Something tells her that she has sisters too. And brothers. Lots of them. But... she isn't quite sure why she knows this.

Or how she knows it.

Dawn peers at several bottles uncertainly. "Umm... which one is the shampoo? All the names are in Fancy..."

Morty
2013-01-27, 07:06 PM
[Wine Tasting]

Even though his arrival was described here once already, it bears mentioning once more that Dipsnig is here, because through powers of handwavium and retconjuration, he now has a certain Asura engineer by his side.

Shadowcaller
2013-01-27, 07:27 PM

"Indeed, the world we're from is completely without it in fact and we have managed just fine." Celestel replies. "But I feel there are greater concerns then that however. Crime is right now our number one enemy. While our police force have managed to suppress most of the criminal activity within Northside there are a number of 'super-crimes' which have taken place. We were once visited by what we think was Enshadu. We were sadly unable to apprehend him however, though we would have put more force into it if we had knew it was him at the time."

"Enshadu? The name sounds familiar, I think Wenomir, another of Watch's leaders, curb-stomped him in a bar-fight of all things." The sorceress vaguely recalls.

"Really? We heard he was supposed to be night-indestructible. He was able to instantly transport himself away when we approached him. Most impressive." The Malechenar representative nods, must have been an epic battle.

Lost_Deep
2013-01-27, 07:28 PM
Riftside - The Tower

Harnel thinks a moment. "Follow me."

Harnel will lead Harnel to a room with a reinforced door, which he will open up. It's an armory; full of a few weapons that Harnel will recognize, a number that he won't, and one suit of armor.

Full plate, forged from adamantine. Creative joints maximize mobility, but at the same time careful workmanship minimizes weak points. It's obviously custom-fitted for Harnel; it has armor for his tail and wings... but the wing armor would prevent the wings from working. The helmet is shaped like a dragon head, the only openings in it being eye holes. The entire suit is etched with majestic imagery of fire and dragon scales; claws on the gauntlets and boots, teeth on the right place on the helmet.

"Drachestählern," Harnel introduces it, "It seemed like it needed a name. It's enchanted to make the wearer nigh-invulnerable, capable of magical flight, and cloaks him in magical fire hot enough to melt steel. It only works for me, of course, and I didn't do the enchantments, but I'm proud of the smithing and detailing I did. I know of one dwarf who burst into tears upon seeing it, but I'm not sure if that was about the craftsmanship or hewing the hydra down the middle."

Wine Tasting

Eastside politicians

"Agreed." Sedrat scans the room a bit. "We could speak with some others... or perhaps we could try some of the finer spirits available? A number of these were quite difficult to procure, I understand."

Tobias

The majority of the group (that is, the NPCs) have moved to the sampling area. In particular, there is one large barrel that looks like someone dug it up out of the ground... it's not in some fancy receptacle, in fact it stands out in comparison to the gold and silver-lined containers of the other drinks available.

It's label is hand-written in an excruciatingly fancy style with far too many loops: "Wild Mead."

Lenai minus Lenai

"What were you before? Now you are a druid or somesuch, and that's new? Well, at your age people could say that living is new but they're generally insufferably egotistical." As opposed to simply aggravatingly egotistical. "How was your life before? Wolves? Badgers?"

Wine Tasting - Magtalk

"I'm not from an earth, myself, but I have learned a large amount about it by now. Not really my area of expertise, though." She sips her drink some more. "I like to think of myself able to do most things, but coming to the nexus has broadened my horizons notably. Technology, alternate universes, and even the topics I did know about need constant expansion."

Halae
2013-01-27, 07:28 PM
[Wine Tasting]

Indeed! Rilla is a young female asura with blond hair and large blue eyes; features that would seem attractive on a human, but among asura they seem a bit out of place, to say nothing for the cultural oddity. She's wearing this (http://www.gw2armorgallery.com/armour/asura/asura-light-cult-1-female.jpg), except for the hat

She also seems completely out of her element. Why did she agree to this? She's much more comfortable in a lab!

Darkcomet
2013-01-27, 07:34 PM

"Does he have a known base of operations anywhere? If any of you discover such a thing, do tell me. I'm sure the pilots would appreciate the work." The not-so-subtle implication being that Vyrn would proceed to have said base bombed to the ground.

Chaotic Bob
2013-01-27, 07:40 PM
[Ponyville]

Dire realizations indeed.
Dire realizations that never grace Scootaloo's mind.

Instead, she's just frowning at the lack of effect her balloon had.
Maybe it's because they're not alive? Probably only work on the actual aliens, not their...building...thingies...

"Hm..."
She rummages around in her backpack (that she of course had), for shoes.
"Always carry your rough-terrain gear, Scootaloo, never know when you'll have to go over some bumpy roads..."

Time to earn her cutie mark in alien land exploration!

ELSEWHERE!

"Safety, shmafety! You don't get yer cutie marks just sittin' around twiddlin' yer thumbs, right?"
"You sound like Scootaloo. Um...I think it's the blue one, Dawn."

It's probably shampoo. Or maybe it's the conditioner.
...Sweetie has no idea, she just sort of grabs whatever's closest usually.

"Sometimes it is kinda boring having to stay home while they all have big adventures and stuff, though."

Shadowcaller
2013-01-27, 07:41 PM
Riftside - The Tower

Libra follows along, humming some melody to herself as she walks while making sure she doesn't step on any of the lines on the floor. She doesn't pay much attention to the armor, instead she starts to poke her nose.

Morty
2013-01-27, 07:43 PM
[Wine Tasting - Eastside Politicians]

"I do intend to try out more of the drinks offered here, but this event is a unique opportunity to speak with other faction representatives freely," O'Donnel says. "That man over there - he's the commander of HALO, isn't he? Let's introduce ourselves.

[Wine Tasting - Little People]

Dipsnig can tell that Rilla is uncomfortable here. Hopefully he'll manage to get her to loosen up a little.
"Here we are, then. Looks like the elite of Nexus society, such as it is, has already arrived. I can give you a quick rundown on who's who, if you want."

Slii Arhem
2013-01-27, 07:43 PM
Wine Tasting

"Ah, I see. Unfortunatly there are many who would seek magic woods for their own gain," Naethalee admits. "But I hope that, so far, you are finding things here pleasant enough?"

Wine Tasting

"As I said, I came here hoping just to observe, so I'll have to see how the night goes. I've only just barely arrived so my apprehension about being away from my woods has yet to fade."

So no, it's not very pleasant. That's not to say it's your fault, it's just the truth."

Rebonack
2013-01-27, 07:54 PM
[Ponyville]

Dawn takes the bottle in her hooves and upends it over her mane. It sure smells like shampoo. Really expensive shampoo. The filly does her best not to use too much. It isn't hers after all.

Much scrubbing follows!

Then rinsing.

Then a second round of shampoo.

As she does a rather interesting thought suddenly comes to her. A word that she hasn't heard before. "Umm... What are thumbs?"

Seems like a reasonable question to her. "And how do you twiddle them? What's that even mean?"

Meanwhile!

The alien landscape is again unresponsive to the application of Scoots' boots.

Hehhee... scoot boot...

*ahem*

Though there's a good chance that something terrible will happen should she decide to start tromping around on the strange substance. Isn't there anypony around to tell foals to stay away from the horrible otherworldly doom that has enveloped the library?

Halae
2013-01-27, 07:57 PM

Rilla nods, a bit at a loss for words.

[Riftside - The Tower]

Harnel will run his finger down the front of the suit if allowed, taking a look at all the different details. He'll rap a knuckle against the breastplate and listen to the ringing of it, "This is amazing."

Harnel grins, inspiration welling up inside him. Oh dear.

After that, he'll merely turn away, and walk back to the roof of the keep. He'll look out and- wait. This was the park. He wasn't still in another world. he... well then

"Sorry, Libra, I don't think I need your services. Feel free to contact me at some point if you want. It's nice to know there's a Libra out there that's helpful rather than malicious."

The other Harnel should be able to note the look in Harnel Prime's eyes. If they share similar points to their history, he's seen it before, probably even felt it when he created Drachestählern.

Harnel is overtaken by a fey mood, and without waiting for a reply, he simply leaps off the side of the building and begins soaring towards his own version of the keep.

Chaotic Bob
2013-01-27, 08:09 PM
[Ponyville]

Shampoo/condition/mysterious-cleaning-substance is used!
Dawn's mane is going to be absolutely fabulous soon.

Sweetie and Applebloom exchange a look, momentarily confused.
"Ya know...I have no idea."
"It's something that Garet fellow always said though, when he was bored?"
"Griffons say weird things sometimes."

Explanation.

ELSEWHERE!

Scootaloo steels herself for what lies ahead:
Weirdness and adventure.

She takes a hoofstep forward, before pausing again.
Probably should wait for her friends, shouldn't she...?
...nah.

Somewhere, she hears an adult calling out to her, but since when do they know anything? Nothing they've said has gotten her cutie mark yet!

Hopping back up onto her scooter, her wings rev up and she skirts off to the side, aiming to power-drive around the edges of the blasphemed zone.
See if she can't see a little clear path to the library somewhere, with less of the weird things in it.

Rebonack
2013-01-27, 08:24 PM
[Ponyville]

Oh.

Of course.

Griffins. They have weird things instead of hooves don't they?

Before long Dawn will climb out of the tub, give herself a good shake, and then find a towel to dry off with. Bath complete! Without all the grit in her fur Dawn's colors are no longer muted and Resplendent Dawn suddenly seems like an extremely fitting name.

It's like someone took the colors out of a cloudy morning sky and painted them onto a pony.

"Okay! I'm ready! Umm... Do I get one of the capes, too?"

They look neat!

Meanwhile!

The alien growth about the library seems to be complete and uncompromising. Like a pearl growing around a bit of irritant inside an oyster. Beautiful. But in the end just a way to insulate something nasty from the surroundings. If not for the fact that the otherworldly structure takes up the same location as the library there wouldn't even be any evidence of it being here at all.

Though...

There are a few places on its surface that look like they might be doors...

They're a ways off the ground though. About two thirds of the way up the strange structure. Too bad Scoots can't fly.

Lord Magtok
2013-01-27, 09:05 PM
Wine Tasting - Magtalk

"I'm not from an earth, myself, but I have learned a large amount about it by now. Not really my area of expertise, though." She sips her drink some more. "I like to think of myself able to do most things, but coming to the nexus has broadened my horizons notably. Technology, alternate universes, and even the topics I did know about need constant expansion."

"Mhm. I don't think I'm nearly so enamored with that aspect of Nexus life anymore, though." Magtok stirs his drink about in one hand, with a bit of a grim frown. "Do you ever miss the certainty of home? Of knowing, or at least strongly believing that the world works exactly this way or that, without reason to fear such beliefs could crumble in the span of a month?"

Hattish Thing
2013-01-28, 12:21 AM
Dock 7- Sailing for Treasure

Resting at Dock 7, a three-masted sailing ship sits in the water. The gangplank is done, and it can be seen that the crew of the ship are kobolds.

Pete waves his hand at the ship.

"And here we arrrr. The Cloud"

Clegg walks behind the group, clunking along, his wooden leg making a noise as he walks across the harbor. He's in a good mood. Water gave him great strength. Great healing powers as well. He belonged in the sea. Th' Cloud ye say? She's a beautiful shi'. Tall, long. Curvin' more pleasurably than any woman's flesh. He glares at James. :smallconfused: Ye...One hundred cannons? On thi' shi'? 'Ave ye ever sialed?! Anythin'?! Ever?

ThePhantom
2013-01-28, 12:25 AM
Dock 7

"There's no tricks with spacetime, so we only have twenty cannons on board."
"And it has you."

Pete shugs his shoulders and walks up the gangplank. After he's aboard, he turns and faces the group.

"Come aboard mateys. I'm glad that ye approve of my ship, but the tide be awast'ng."

PurityIcekiller
2013-01-28, 01:36 AM
[Dock 7]

"Only twenty guns? I'd expect it to have thirty-six at the very least." Kyinde shook her head. "That's a bit of a letdown. Oh well, time for some fun."

Instead of taking the gangplank, she leapt off the dock, then fired a burst of coldness downwards to create a small iceberg where she landed. From there, she made another leap to the ship, caught ahold of the railing and climbed up.

"So! What do you think?"

The Bushranger
2013-01-28, 02:55 AM
Wine Tasting

"As I said, I came here hoping just to observe, so I'll have to see how the night goes. I've only just barely arrived so my apprehension about being away from my woods has yet to fade."

So no, it's not very pleasant. That's not to say it's your fault, it's just the truth."

"Ah. Well, I hope that you will grow more comfortable as time passes. And if there is anything I can do to assist, just let me know," Naethalee says with a nod. "How are things, in your woods, then?"

Gullara
2013-01-28, 07:36 AM

Ramiro looks thoughtful for a moment when Enshadu is mentioned. "I don't believe I know of this Enshadu. He's some manner of dangerous criminal I take it?"

Shadowcaller
2013-01-28, 08:17 AM

"We're unaware of such operations but we very much doubt he's in Northside at the very least. We will not allow criminals to set up anything within our territory, in fact we are right now investigating the possibility of an drug trade business going on in the sewers. It's almost funny how closely criminals resemble rats don't you think?" Celestel remarks.

"That's an rather controversial statement." The sorceress observes with an raised eyebrow.

"Merely a off-color joke of course." The representative replies with a laugh. "We are actually putting a lot of resources into rehabilitating criminals back into society. Our new building projects includes a rehabilitating center for example. What use is there to keep people locked up where only act as a load stone to the rest of society?"

Morty
2013-01-28, 01:00 PM

Dipsnig peers at the people gathered, looking for familiar faces. First, he looks at the large group.

"The black-haired human woman in a dress is Cessie Mithar. She's one of the leaders of Watchtower and tends to represent them outside. She's rather stuck-up, but trustworthy. Just don't let her go on about fashion and propriety. The big man with red scales next to her is her husband, Harnel. I've never met him, but he did hire us for a job once that ended in a complete disaster and almost got one of our members killed. It's a unique talent of his."

Having finished that description, he moves on to Vyrn and frowns.

"The male human is Vyrn. He used to be the Emperor of Inside, before the Empire went belly-up. Unfortunately, he survived. He plays bootlick to the leader of Remnant now. I trust him about as far as I can throw him."

The next victim of Dipsnig's particular brand of description is Ramiro.

"That vampire next to them is Ramiro Gallo, the leader of the vampires here in Riverside. I don't know him that well, but he seemed alright when we talked. I bet goblin blood tastes awful to vampires anyway."

Then there's Lady Celestel. Dipsnig taps his tusk thoughtfully.

"Her, I don't know. But it looks like she's a part of one of the Eastside factions. Political situation here is rather fluid. I guess I'll keep tabs and see if she lasts a month."

The next person Dipsnig sets his eyes on is Magtok.

"The bald human in a dress is Lord Magtok. He's filthy rich and for some reason really popular despite being a toothache to deal with. He lives in a cave filled with tech. If you hear anything about him being part-goblin, it's a false rumor I've spread. His rection is pretty priceless."

After describing Magtok in unflattering terms, the goblin spots Mayor O'Donnel and Seldrat.

"The human in a suit and the guy with a tentacled face are two politicians from the Eastside district of this city. I think the human is the mayor. They held an election recently. I'm surprised the other factions let them do it."

He frowns a little again when he spots Tobias.

"The red-headed man is Tobias, the commander of HALO. The best thing I can say about him is that he's not quite as annoying as Magtok."

His frown only deepends when he moves on to Defelent.

"Now, this man is a leader of the local Temple to Dalachrech. They're a cult that worships a demon lord of bugs, believe it or not. More importantly, they keep slaves. I have plans to make them pay for it."

Dipsnig's ears twitch when he looks in the direction of Lenai, Cole and Naethalee.

"I don't know those two. I guess they're from Riverside too, and important enough to be invited here. I suppose the kid with the bees around his head is accompanying one of them. Well, I guess that's everyone noteworthy."

Slii Arhem
2013-01-28, 04:03 PM
Wine Tasting

"Ah. Well, I hope that you will grow more comfortable as time passes. And if there is anything I can do to assist, just let me know," Naethalee says with a nod. "How are things, in your woods, then?"

Wine Tasting

"I think I'll let you answer that question after you've sampled entry to this event. It's the only reason they would let someone like me in, as far as I know, as I contributed one of the more infamous refreshments to grace the tables."

Darkcomet
2013-01-28, 06:36 PM

"Enshadu is the latest in the line of powerful imbeciles, judging from what intelligence we have on him. Once his true base is revealed, I have every intention of having it bombed to the ground...with approval from whoever's jurisdiction it happens to be in, of course. Given that he's stated that he wants most everyone in any position of power dead, I hope it won't be much of a problem." It's clear Vyrn doesn't think highly of him, but is taking the situation seriously all the same. "All in all, I would say we have faced far worse."

The Bushranger
2013-01-28, 09:41 PM
Wine Tasting

"I think I'll let you answer that question after you've sampled entry to this event. It's the only reason they would let someone like me in, as far as I know, as I contributed one of the more infamous refreshments to grace the tables."

"Oh, really now. That certainly sounds like something I should try," Naethalee observes, the corner of her lips turning up in a smirk. "Infamous, you say? Is it perhaps like the fabled Romulan Ale I have head of?"

Slii Arhem
2013-01-28, 09:44 PM
Wine Tasting

"Oh, really now. That certainly sounds like something I should try," Naethalee observes, the corner of her lips turning up in a smirk. "Infamous, you say? Is it perhaps like the fabled Romulan Ale I have head of?"

Lenai's nose wrinkles in disgust, "Of course not, why would I make an ale out of my refined ingredients? No, it's a mead, and I hope you will give me your honest opinion of it once you've had some."

The Bushranger
2013-01-28, 10:31 PM
Wine Tasting

"I'd be delighted to," Naethalee observes with a nod. "I might try it right now, infact." And she looks for the tasting table...

Gullara
2013-01-28, 10:46 PM

"We're unaware of such operations but we very much doubt he's in Northside at the very least. We will not allow criminals to set up anything within our territory, in fact we are right now investigating the possibility of an drug trade business going on in the sewers. It's almost funny how closely criminals resemble rats don't you think?" Celestel remarks.

"That's an rather controversial statement." The sorceress observes with an raised eyebrow.

"Merely a off-color joke of course." The representative replies with a laugh. "We are actually putting a lot of resources into rehabilitating criminals back into society. Our new building projects includes a rehabilitating center for example. What use is there to keep people locked up where only act as a load stone to the rest of society?"

"Enshadu is the latest in the line of powerful imbeciles, judging from what intelligence we have on him. Once his true base is revealed, I have every intention of having it bombed to the ground...with approval from whoever's jurisdiction it happens to be in, of course. Given that he's stated that he wants most everyone in any position of power dead, I hope it won't be much of a problem." It's clear Vyrn doesn't think highly of him, but is taking the situation seriously all the same. "All in all, I would say we have faced far worse."

"Ah, I see. I'd count myself lucky if he doesn't turn up in Westside. Though I'm sure the opportunity to bring him to justice would be satisfying." Ramiro says. He looks toward Celestel more specifically. "You're attitude toward rehabilitation is commendable. I think, though, that there are certain individuals that warrant a more strict form of punishment for their crimes."

Hattish Thing
2013-01-29, 01:03 AM
Dock 7

"There's no tricks with spacetime, so we only have twenty cannons on board."
"And it has you."

Pete shugs his shoulders and walks up the gangplank. After he's aboard, he turns and faces the group.

"Come aboard mateys. I'm glad that ye approve of my ship, but the tide be awast'ng."

[Dock 7]

"Only twenty guns? I'd expect it to have thirty-six at the very least." Kyinde shook her head. "That's a bit of a letdown. Oh well, time for some fun."

Instead of taking the gangplank, she leapt off the dock, then fired a burst of coldness downwards to create a small iceberg where she landed. From there, she made another leap to the ship, caught ahold of the railing and climbed up.

"So! What do you think?"

Clegg just walks up the gangplank rolling his eyes at Kyinde's overconfident jumping. Grea'. I' can do tricks. Can th' bag 'o' flesh roll over too? A' leas' tha' one isn't as annoyin' as the male. And probably softer... He moves to stand by the Captain. Ready t' sail?

Shadowcaller
2013-01-29, 07:19 AM

"Ah, I see. I'd count myself lucky if he doesn't turn up in Westside. Though I'm sure the opportunity to bring him to justice would be satisfying." Ramiro says. He looks toward Celestel more specifically. "You're attitude toward rehabilitation is commendable. I think, though, that there are certain individuals that warrant a more strict form of punishment for their crimes."

"See, Malechenar would approve of the kind of actions his kingship suggested Mr. Gallo. Some criminals are simply too difficult to take in alive at the cost of law enforcers and order. Some people are simply too dangerous to keep alive if they have access to abilities far beyond mankind. Simply put, we try to save anyone who can be saved which is anyone who we can subdue for a longer period of time. People who can teleport at will however would be impossible to control." Celestel explains.

"I try to have a practical view as well but I'm not entirely sure I can agree that bombing is a good plan. What if his headquarters are in the middle of a city for example? Would you really risk civilian causalities, not to mention people who aren't responsible for what this man have done just to kill him?" Cessie starts. "While watchtower as an organization would aaccept such risks, I'm not sure I can approve with it on a personal level. Just as an representative of watch."

ThirdEmperor
2013-01-29, 10:03 AM
Dock 7

Although he takes a moment to applaud Kyinde's performance, James will also forgo the acrobatics and simply amble up the gangplank, taking a moment to shoot Clegg another unwelcome little comment on the way there. "So, uh, quartermaster, you do realize you're saying all that aloud, right? Just checking."

happyturtle
2013-01-29, 12:57 PM
Wine Tasting

Lenai minus Lenai

"What were you before? Now you are a druid or somesuch, and that's new? Well, at your age people could say that living is new but they're generally insufferably egotistical." As opposed to simply aggravatingly egotistical. "How was your life before? Wolves? Badgers?"

"I was chattel. My mother died when I was very young, and my father was married off again soon after. I was taught embroidery and languages and to play the lyre, in order to make an advantageous marriage. Men were not to do anything useful, and certainly not the priesthood. And yet, the Mother Bee chose me to tend her hives in this land. That was when I first began to see the cracks in the worldview of those who raised me." Cole says.

Lost_Deep
2013-01-29, 04:48 PM
Wine Tasting

Wine Tasting - Eastside Politicians

Sedrat looks, and nods. If O'Donnel will accompany him, he will head toward Tobias.

Magtalk

At this question, Jade is quiet for a minute. She thinks about it... "I don't know. Part of me does dread that, but at the same time I enjoy the constant influx of information. I'm not sure if I would want to head back if I could; but at the same time I'm not sure if I can maintain my reputation with everything that's going on around here. I very much feel like a big fish that was just told that there was an ocean outside of the pond; in which I would be considered an average fish at most."

Lenai minus Lenai

"Oh, those are fun moments. You can judge a society by how long the average citizen clings to it after being removed from it. If they leave live it's a burning ship, it's a bad society. If they cling to it and it kills them, it's a bad society. If the sheer otherness drives them mad, it's a bad society. If they survive, the society might be worth further examination. Maybe."

She shrugs. "On the other hand, culture shock is always such fun to watch."

Naethalee and Lenai

It's right there! It's the focal point of the room! It's covered in mindbogglingly expensive alcohol! And one old barrel marked "Wild Mead" that some NPCs have just tried, and are now inching away slowly...

The Bushranger
2013-01-29, 04:50 PM
WT - Naethalee and Lenai

And so Naethalee strides gracefully over to the table, her movements proper yet somehow with an underlying air of sensuality.

As she takes the bottle of Wild Mead.

Pours a cup. (Not a glass, it mmight be noted.)

And sips.

Chaotic Bob
2013-01-29, 06:00 PM
[Ponyville]

Oh.

Of course.

Griffins. They have weird things instead of hooves don't they?

Before long Dawn will climb out of the tub, give herself a good shake, and then find a towel to dry off with. Bath complete! Without all the grit in her fur Dawn's colors are no longer muted and Resplendent Dawn suddenly seems like an extremely fitting name.

It's like someone took the colors out of a cloudy morning sky and painted them onto a pony.

"Okay! I'm ready! Umm... Do I get one of the capes, too?"

They look neat!

Meanwhile!

The alien growth about the library seems to be complete and uncompromising. Like a pearl growing around a bit of irritant inside an oyster. Beautiful. But in the end just a way to insulate something nasty from the surroundings. If not for the fact that the otherworldly structure takes up the same location as the library there wouldn't even be any evidence of it being here at all.

Though...

There are a few places on its surface that look like they might be doors...

They're a ways off the ground though. About two thirds of the way up the strange structure. Too bad Scoots can't fly.

[Ponyville]

"Wow...um, you're really pretty."
"Huh. Ain't that somethin'. Bet even yer sister would like that, Sweetie."
"Yeah, she mi-"

Compliments and approval! Dawn's bath seems to have done quite a bit to bolster the two's opinion of her further.
Up until she asks for a cape anyway.

"Oooh, you wanna join the Cutie Mark Crusaders?"
"The cape's are a sign of our fel...fellum...friendship! Our quest to finally get our cutie marks and help others too!"
"Hmmm...ya could fit..."
While Sweetie fetches a towel from nearby to offer Dawn, Applebloom is inspecting. Pondering.
Considering.

ELSEWHERE!

Scootaloo eyes those doors.

She bets if she got a good enough ramp, she could carry herself up to one, with a little bit of hovering...
Might not be able to fly, but she can fall slightly slower!
Slightly.

And so she begins her search!
Particularly for an empty old cart she could use here, like she did last week.

Which doesn't take long, since there's one right over there by the merchant stalls. Somepony forgot to bring it back with them or something.
"Alright, how to get you over here..."

A plan is formed.
Goal: get the cart to the library.
Methodology: awesomeness.

End result: Scootaloo's scooter tangled up in the shattered wheel of the cart, while a gray pegasus mailmare tries to untangle herself from the wreckage.

What?

Halae
2013-01-29, 06:04 PM

Dipsnig peers at the people gathered, looking for familiar faces. First, he looks at the large group.

*snip*[/COLOR][Wine Tasting - Little People]

"And you don't like any of them? Not even a little bit?" Rilla seems confused by this...

[Wine Tasting - Harnel]

Given his lack of taking part in the conversation, Harnel has wandered off a bit. He's still keeping an eye on everything he can, but he figures this is a good time to taste the wine, as it's what they're here for. Given Cessie doesn't drink wine, that means it's for him to taste.

Cessie will likely feel a surge of awe from Harnel as he takes his drink. That is... some incredibly potent stuff.

Morty
2013-01-29, 06:18 PM

Dipsnig chuckles.
"I just fall into sarcasm when describing people. Habit, I guess. Like I said, the Watchtower representative is pretty alright, and so is the head vampire. I can introduce you later, if you want. I think Cessie Mithar's brand of magic is pretty scientific."

Darkcomet
2013-01-29, 06:48 PM

"It's a non-issue. We're more than capable of launching precise strikes to avoid endangering those around the target location." Vyrn seems rather dismissive of the concern of collateral damage. "Unless the building is laden with enough explosives that it would trigger a much larger blast...but I find that unlikely."

Lost_Deep
2013-01-29, 06:58 PM
Wine tasting-THE WILD MEAD

The mead is Savage. There is no other word for it. It is Spice, and Sweetness, and Tartness, and Savory, and all these other things competing for attention on her tongue, and in her nostrils, and behind her eyes. It is the sound of a heartbeat not her own in her ears, coursing and raging with adrenaline as it prepares to give the energy needed for one last lunge. It is the slowly cooling satisfied sweat of two lovers laying beneath the stars, and the fragrant wind that blows over their skin and carries a message to the animals in the surrounding darkness.

It is passion and anger and too much of everything. There are no subtle flavors, only the memory of things too weak to have survived the tumult, unable to adapt to the environment that is her palate. To call the burst of heat and pungent musk that grabs at her nose a bouquet is a mockery of such a delicate word. It is so much more than a refined sense of taste could ever imagine, or comprehend. Those used to pulling false flavors of oak and chocolate and mint from the air would be left dumbstruck as their expectations are matched and dwarfed by the onslaught of a single sip.

And once it has passed on to the gullet, no taste is left but the sense of satisfaction as the drink begins to work its Savagery from within. A direct link to Wolfy, forged through the tasting of his willingly given blood, can facilitate all manner of behavior and transformation while it lasts.

The final note is that the mead does not cause any actual physical transformation (at least not in small amounts) but rather removes social niceties and inhibitions quickly... people basically act drunker than they are.

((I'll post for everyone when more of the actual scenes move; I just wanted to put this here for the mead drinkers.))

Gullara
2013-01-29, 07:45 PM

"I'm sure the Commander's men are more than capable of taking care of the situation if it is handled to them. The Irregulars are a force to be reckoned with if what I've heard is to be true." Ramiro says.

Rebonack
2013-01-29, 08:44 PM
[Ponyville]

Dawn dries herself off quickly as she suddenly remembers that there was something else that they were supposed to be doing and someone else missing from their number.

It means her mane is probably going to frizz without a good brushing. But priorities!

"Well... I don't have mine..." she glances back at the blank patch of sky blue fur on her flank as she pulls the towel away. "And that sounds like fun!"

Fun and friends are the greatest of things!

"Umm... but where's your orange friend? Umm..." she scrunches her brow as she tries to recall Scoots' name. Comes up with a blank. "Do you think she went to look at that glowing thing by herself?"

That would probably be bad.

What if the aliens got her already!

Meanwhile!

The alien growth around the library remains completely aloof to the spectacular failure of Scootaloo's plan. Much like the universe at large. Stupid uncaring cosmos!

Shadowcaller
2013-01-29, 08:54 PM

Cessie turns to look at Harnel, just what was he doing? Whatever it was, it probably wasn't good. She sigh mentally, hopefully he wouldn't do anything embarrassing. It usually wasn't his fault, but he had bad luck at times. SHe turns back to Vyrn."Well, can you tell what people that are in the building at any given moment? The variables can mean a lot if for example there are a lot of innocent employees in the building that aren't even aware who they're working for."

Celestel laughs, "If I heard correctly, Enshadu isn't terribly smart and less subtle then a charging rhino. I doubt anyone would be fooled by him."

Darkcomet
2013-01-29, 09:04 PM

Vyrn nods at Celestel. "Lady Celestel has the right of it. With how much he openly advertises, the idea that he would be able to do such a thing is laughable. To send our forces in on foot when the airstrike option is available would be a greater moral failing, as it would pointlessly risk their lives."

ThePhantom
2013-01-29, 09:50 PM
Dock 7/The Cloud

The crew applauds Kyinde's boarding, then gets back to work. Meanwhile, Pete shakes his head.

"Clegg, James, are ye going to firing shots at each other the whole voyage? That's not going to so good."

Pete heads towards his cabin.

"Anyways, Mr Kirki, raise the anchor and set the sails!"

PurityIcekiller
2013-01-29, 11:20 PM
[Aboard The Cloud]

Kyinde twitched her ears. "That's dogs, not foxes, Mr. Clegg." She then smiled at the others. "Anyway, thanks, you all. I look forward to working with you. This is going to be a fun trip."

Lord Magtok
2013-01-29, 11:21 PM
Wine Tasting -MagTalk

Wine Tasting

Magtalk

At this question, Jade is quiet for a minute. She thinks about it... "I don't know. Part of me does dread that, but at the same time I enjoy the constant influx of information. I'm not sure if I would want to head back if I could; but at the same time I'm not sure if I can maintain my reputation with everything that's going on around here. I very much feel like a big fish that was just told that there was an ocean outside of the pond; in which I would be considered an average fish at most."

"It's a struggle, staying relevant." Magtok admits. "A massive arms race that none involved will admit to being a part of, even as we all try our hardest to outdo everyone else in everything imaginable. Supposedly wards off the permadeads, too."

Not always guaranteed to work, though. Some of Maggy's closest friends, family, and enemies have got his with the permadeadtime plague, even at relative high points in their worldly significance and influence.

"Is that what this wine-tasting is about, by the way? Relevance, and the procuring of it? Influence through connections with the big players of the world, as opposed to raising up any big scary armies or massive political organizations, as most guests gathered here have done?"

The Bushranger
2013-01-29, 11:51 PM

The final note is that the mead does not cause any actual physical transformation (at least not in small amounts) but rather removes social niceties and inhibitions quickly... people basically act drunker than they are.

((I'll post for everyone when more of the actual scenes move; I just wanted to put this here for the mead drinkers.))

Naethalee takes a long sip of the mead, tilts her head in an almost bird-like fashion for a moment, then nods with a smile.

"Spicy. And very, very good. I think I might wish to acquire some bottles, if they might be for sale?"

Gullara
2013-01-29, 11:53 PM

Meanwhile, also by the wine, Maria is investigating (because she clearly left Ramiro's side sometime earlier). Something smells oddly of blood. It's not quite right, but it has her interested.

It's not the blood wine (that her player is guessing there's some of simply because vampires were invited, and hopes he isn't presuming too much), but the mead Harnel had just taken from. She takes a glass of that and then a glass of the regular blood wine for Ramiro.

The vampiress returns to the group at this point and hands Ramiro his glass. "I have to say, I'm impressed that out host thought to include something we could enjoy."

"Thank you Maria." Ramiro looks at the rest of the party. "I'm sorry, this is Maria Juliano, my right hand within Tenebras."

"It's a pleasure."

Hattish Thing
2013-01-30, 12:30 AM
Dock 7

Although he takes a moment to applaud Kyinde's performance, James will also forgo the acrobatics and simply amble up the gangplank, taking a moment to shoot Clegg another unwelcome little comment on the way there. "So, uh, quartermaster, you do realize you're saying all that aloud, right? Just checking."

Clegg just rolls his eyes. This was going to be a long voyage, and he silently swore to himself that before this voyage was over, James would be lying at the bottom of the sea. Ye d' realize yer the most annoyin' li'l prick t' ever step onto a shi'. Ye shouldn't even be on thi' shi', it's ba' luck t' 'ave a woman on board. He snickers at his...rather offensive joke before walking away.

Dock 7/The Cloud

The crew applauds Kyinde's boarding, then gets back to work. Meanwhile, Pete shakes his head.

"Clegg, James, are ye going to firing shots at each other the whole voyage? That's not going to so good."

Pete heads towards his cabin.

"Anyways, Mr Kirki, raise the anchor and set the sails!"

Perhaps Captain. I' depends if 'e survives th' voyage. I'll man th' Quarterdeck? He walks up tyhe stairs to the quarterdeck and stares at the ship's wheel. Do we 'ave a pilot?

Shadowcaller
2013-01-30, 04:05 PM

Not feeling like discussing that particular subject anymore, the sorceress sees her chance when Maria is introduced. "A pleasure to meet you miss Juliano." Cessie greets the new vampire. "I myself don't think anything but juice, milk and water actually. Coffee and alcohol of any kind have a quite bad reputation where I'm from."

"Really? That is truly unique. In my culture it's considered polite to try whatever your host have to offer, to enjoy as much different food and drinks as possible. How else will you be able to tell if you like it or not?" She turns to Vyrn. "What about you, your kingship? What are your preferences?" She asks while looking for something to drink herself.

Chaotic Bob
2013-01-30, 04:07 PM
[Ponyville]

Dawn dries herself off quickly as she suddenly remembers that there was something else that they were supposed to be doing and someone else missing from their number.

It means her mane is probably going to frizz without a good brushing. But priorities!

"Well... I don't have mine..." she glances back at the blank patch of sky blue fur on her flank as she pulls the towel away. "And that sounds like fun!"

Fun and friends are the greatest of things!

"Umm... but where's your orange friend? Umm..." she scrunches her brow as she tries to recall Scoots' name. Comes up with a blank. "Do you think she went to look at that glowing thing by herself?"

That would probably be bad.

What if the aliens got her already!

Meanwhile!

The alien growth around the library remains completely aloof to the spectacular failure of Scootaloo's plan. Much like the universe at large. Stupid uncaring cosmos!

[Ponyville]

Indeed she does not have hers!
So what is Applebloom looking for?

And it seems that she finds it, grinning rather widely.
"I've got an idea! C'mon!"

Off towards the door already! At the speed of an excited filly.

"What about Scootaloo?"
"We'll grab her on the way! C'moooooon!"

Sweetie Belle shrugs, wraps her magic around a little brush, and brandishes it in Dawn's mane's general direction a bit.
(Cutie mark crusader mane stylist?)

She can brush while they walk! Allow no mane to go unloved, Rarity always says. Or something.

ELSEWHERE!

Scene probably won't be changing for a little while.
Scootaloo is having issues with the wagon wheel and that mailmare is way out of it.

Mission stalled.

happyturtle
2013-01-30, 04:48 PM
Wine Tasting - Lenai minus Lenai

"I only fled a single woman at first. But now I am quit of the whole, except for the Mother Bee. She follows me still. Perhaps always." Cole says. "What sort of worldview did you arrive here with?"

Rebonack
2013-01-30, 04:49 PM
[Ponyville]

Brushy brush brush. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk8VdtjNsE8)

Close enough, anyway.

Dawn flails a bit at the brushing but eventually relents. It's for the best after all. Otherwise it'll get all tangled and awful and that'll just make it more of a problem to deal with later.

Though every now and again, "Ow! Careful please?"

Not exactly easy to get groomed on the run. There's a reason why these things are usually done whilst holding relatively still.

"What's the idea? Is it a daring plan?" Dawn asks curiously as she trots after her newest of friends. A daring plan could be fun!

Darkcomet
2013-01-30, 05:09 PM

"Greetings, Ms. Juliano" Vyrn then turns to respond to Celestel. "I have a preference for fine wines, but I try not to overindulge. I have a reputation to maintain that does not include drunken escapades."

Slii Arhem
2013-01-30, 05:18 PM

Naethalee takes a long sip of the mead, tilts her head in an almost bird-like fashion for a moment, then nods with a smile.

"Spicy. And very, very good. I think I might wish to acquire some bottles, if they might be for sale?"

Wine Tasting

"I have a significant stockpile, but the Discerning Eye is currently the only group that I am trading it with. We could come to an agreement though, since I understand you represent Southside in one function or another I'm willing to barter." Lenai says, taking in Nae's reaction with a calculated gaze.

"I've seen an amount less than what you just drank right now send a person into gibbering, mewling overload you know. You must have a very strong constitution."

Lost_Deep
2013-01-30, 05:39 PM
Wine Tasting

Magtalk

"True," She nods her head, "That's quite true." She sips the drink thoughtfully. "Perhaps it will work, or perhaps not..." She's suddenly become less talkative; Magtok gave her something to think about.

Lenai minus Lenai

"When I got here," Enthi starts, "I- wait a sec-"

Lenai and her new freind

"Viln's just a lightweight!" Enthi rudely interjects into the conversation.

Lenai minus Lenai

"Now then, I came here under the assumption that most people are idiots and not worth my time. This has remained stable." She says. That's not exactly the best world view, Enthi.

Gullara
2013-01-30, 06:04 PM

Ramiro chuckles. "Don't we all, though. Of course, I have little reason to be concerned over alcohol." He smiles wryly before taking a sip of his wine.

Maria takes a sip of her own drink, the wild mead, and looks quite obviously surprised by the experience. She's not sure how to describe it. Rather than comment on it, however, she opts to take another sip.

ThePhantom
2013-01-30, 07:23 PM
The Cloud

Indeed there's a helmsman, one of the kolbolds is at the helm of the ship.

"Clegg, she's an ice mage. That's very useful to have on a voyage. Besides, there's been woman pirates before, there no reason to fear."

Pete enters his cabin but leaves the door open. He has just a little business to take care of.

Halae
2013-01-30, 07:56 PM

Dipsnig chuckles.
"I just fall into sarcasm when describing people. Habit, I guess. Like I said, the Watchtower representative is pretty alright, and so is the head vampire. I can introduce you later, if you want. I think Cessie Mithar's brand of magic is pretty scientific."[Wine Tasting - Little People]

"Everything is scientific if you break it down far enough," Rilla says. It's a subject she's directly concerned with, after all, "She sounds like my sort of person, though. Maybe I could speak to her at some point."

[Wine Tasting - By the Drinks Table]

Harnel, impressed by the first sip of his mead, will take a bit more, and a bit more, and soon half the glass is gone. He's not even woozy; a combination of factors makes it so that Harnel has a very good tolerance for this sort of beverage, but that doesn't stop him from feeling its effects soon. Cessie will feel some emotions coming through Harnel's side of the bond, mainly that of enjoyment, but he's not moving from the spot he's in yet.

ThirdEmperor
2013-01-30, 08:00 PM
The Cloud

"Oh, depends on Clegg, el capitan. He's the one fueling this dis-pute-tation. He cuts it out, I will." James shrugs, rolling his shoulders with a calculated, infuriating disinterest. "But what's the odds of that, huh? Soooooooooo... He spins the word into a drumroll, drawing out each syllable with a showsman's glee right before the grand finale. "So, I say we have it out now, pirate-style; Insult sword fight."

The Bushranger
2013-01-30, 08:01 PM
Wine Tasting

"I have a significant stockpile, but the Discerning Eye is currently the only group that I am trading it with. We could come to an agreement though, since I understand you represent Southside in one function or another I'm willing to barter." Lenai says, taking in Nae's reaction with a calculated gaze.

"I've seen an amount less than what you just drank right now send a person into gibbering, mewling overload you know. You must have a very strong constitution."

"You could say that, yes. I am...quite stronger than I used to be, in that and in other regards," Naethalee says with a quirk of her lips. "And I do represent Southside, yes. I perhaps should provide my title: the Lady in White."

Shadowcaller
2013-01-30, 08:08 PM

"Did you enjoy it?" Celestel asks as she looks at Maria curiously once she tired the mead.

"My husband seem to have at least." Cessie comments as she glances in the direction of the half-dragon. He wasn't drinking too much was he? These things seemed far too potent for a simple wine tasting.

PurityIcekiller
2013-01-31, 02:40 AM
[The Cloud]

"Yep, I've got the skills. I think it's even worse luck to have someone who spends his spare time hating people, personally." Kyinde smirked.

"Now, should I go make myself useful elsewhere aboard the ship, or do I have to stay here and make sure you two don't kill each other?"

Morty
2013-01-31, 08:23 AM

"I'll keep an eye on her and introduce you when she's free, then," Dipsnig says. "As for the scientific method, I've spent a lot of time in the Nexus and even in this chaotic place with all the worlds connected to it, patterns emerge. So I'm inclined to agree."

Gullara
2013-01-31, 11:28 AM

"Did you enjoy it?" Celestel asks as she looks at Maria curiously once she tired the mead.

"My husband seem to have at least." Cessie comments as she glances in the direction of the half-dragon. He wasn't drinking too much was he? These things seemed far too potent for a simple wine tasting.

"It's very different." Maria comments. Different in that it effects her at all, which is strange beyond all reason to her. "But quite good." She has to admit.

"May I?" Ramiro asks. Maria hands him the glass, and he brings it up to his nose to smell it. "Mead I do believe, though I wouldn't expect that's all it is."

Slii Arhem
2013-01-31, 04:08 PM
Wine Tasting

"You could say that, yes. I am...quite stronger than I used to be, in that and in other regards," Naethalee says with a quirk of her lips. "And I do represent Southside, yes. I perhaps should provide my title: the Lady in White."

Wine Tasting

"No titles here, not that my grand-daughters don't try to give me rather nasty ones. Just Lenai, tender of Riverside's new forests and their creator. What I hope is to bargain for peace from the representatives who are inclined to give it. I have no illusions that the threat of harm from me will keep the avaricious from scheming for long, since many aren't aware of what I'm capable of in my own domain they'll assume their forces are stronger than mine. So, I'm willing to listen to offers and requests if they're in my power to grant for the sake of peace between our people." All very gracious and noble of someone who, for all her airs, came to this event in a coat of furs. Lenai acknowledges and embraces her savage nature, but knows when to be polite as well.

Lord Magtok
2013-01-31, 08:23 PM
Wine Tasting

Magtalk

"True," She nods her head, "That's quite true." She sips the drink thoughtfully. "Perhaps it will work, or perhaps not..." She's suddenly become less talkative; Magtok gave her something to think about.

"I'll go find myself something alcoholic while you kick that around, then. Back in just a moment."

Magtok promptly heads off in search of something to drink, hoping someone will harass him along the way, and give him an excuse to escape the heady, philosophical discussion he'd been having with Greeny McGreenpants. There are few things Magtok hates more than dwelling on things. Standing around, thinking aloud, his mind always goes to the most dark, cynical, and nihilistic places it can find. Best to find some excuse to be silly and merry and fun, lest the ennui dig its loathsome claws into his psyche once more.

The Bushranger
2013-02-01, 02:39 AM
[Wine Tasting]

"I believe that little bargaining shall be necessary on the part of Southside," Naethalee says, smiling more openly now as she visibly relaxes. "We are content with our territory, and bettering those within it. And I believe nothing more than an occasional bottle of this would be...groovy."

Wait, what?

happyturtle
2013-02-01, 08:14 AM
Wine Tasting

Lenai minus Lenai

"Now then, I came here under the assumption that most people are idiots and not worth my time. This has remained stable." She says. That's not exactly the best world view, Enthi.

"And no one has surprised you?" Cole asks.

Chaotic Bob
2013-02-01, 07:28 PM
[Ponyville]

Brushy brush brush. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk8VdtjNsE8)

Close enough, anyway.

Dawn flails a bit at the brushing but eventually relents. It's for the best after all. Otherwise it'll get all tangled and awful and that'll just make it more of a problem to deal with later.

Though every now and again, "Ow! Careful please?"

Not exactly easy to get groomed on the run. There's a reason why these things are usually done whilst holding relatively still.

"What's the idea? Is it a daring plan?" Dawn asks curiously as she trots after her newest of friends. A daring plan could be fun!

[Ponyville]

Sweetie's an expert (not really), so this shouldn't be a problem at all!
Dawn's mane is going to be gorgeous by the time they get to...wherever they're going.

To the library first, Scootaloo must be fetched.

"Somethin' like that! I wouldn't call it darin' so much as fun!"
Calling back before rounding a corner, Applebloom does a quick scene check for their missing friend.

Thankfully, it's pretty easy to spot the little disaster she caused.

The mailmare has extricated herself from the wreckage by this point, and seems to be trying to help Scoots pull the scooter out of the wagon wheel.

They've both got a pretty firm grip and are puuuuulling...puuuuuulling...

"HEY SCOOTALOO!"

Pop!
Likely thanks to the pegasus filly's surprised jump, the little vehicle is pried out and...goes flying off into the weirdness surrounding the library.

"...horseapples."

Rebonack
2013-02-01, 08:11 PM
[Ponyville]

That takes a pretty special kind of talent. Running and brushing at the same time. Sweetie should be proud.

Dawn does a little canter mid-step. "Oooh, a surprise then! I can't wait!" Surprises are the best! Except when they're the awful sort of surprise. But Dawn is pretty sure that her new friends aren't the sort that would line up an awful surprise for her. Well... the syrup was a pretty awful surprise. But that was all a big misunderstanding.

Because apparently they thought she was an alien?

Which is of course quite silly. Dawn isn't an alien. She's an autonomous fragment of an n-dimensional eldritch abomination. That's very different.

Anywho!

Flying scooters!

Dawn pauses to watch the little vehicle go sailing through the air and thwack into the side of the library. Upon impact it just sort of... sticks. And then the oddly fractal mass of opalescent substance grows over the scooter and completely obscures it from view.

Whoops.

Though... Dawn is more distracted by the whatever it is growing over the library.

"It's so pretty..."

Chaotic Bob
2013-02-02, 12:59 AM
[Ponyville]

Hoozah for surprises!
Although it seems it will have to wait.

Sweetie Belle seems to be following Dawn's example, oooohing at the strange growth around the library and stopping pretty much mid-movement.

Applebloom seems slightly more suspicious of it, but...she can't deny it isn't a little pretty.
Just also kinda creepy, given they were out to hunt aliens.
And then this.
"Oops...sorry, Scootaloo. We can always get another scooter?"

Scootaloo is distraught!
"How could it go up there without me?! Now how am I supposed to get in the library? Way to go, Applebloom."
"Ah said sorry!"

"Maybe if I lifted a hammer up I could get it out..."

The mailmare seems to be...considering.
Or just staring wall-eyed at the sky, from where she tumbled over.
Give her a moment, she'll probably do something interesting in a moment.

Rebonack
2013-02-02, 01:13 AM
[Ponyville]

The same strange sound... the same otherworldly music... still fills the air around the eldritch monolith as it shimmers and sings. The ground around it is littered with marble statues of those weird bug things. A while bunch of them no less!

As those gathered discuss the fate of Scootaloo's scooter Dawn just... gazes. Intently. This feels comforting. Safe. It feels like... Mother. And yet at the same time there's a vaguely dangerous edge to it. As beautiful as it is it carries a warning. Look, but don't touch.

"There was something bad in the library," Dawn speaks up after giving a little blink and a quick shake of her head. "Something really bad. And the sparkly stuff was supposed to keep it in and everypony else out."

Another blink.

"Umm... everypony else knew that already, right?" Dawn glances around, hoping that what she just said was common knowledge and she isn't going crazy or something.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-02, 10:58 AM
Wine Tasting

Magtalk

Magtok can go over to the drink table, and have his pick from any number of fine spirits... and the Wild Mead. People seem to like the Wild Mead! People like Harnel.

If Magtok is hoping to discuss things with another member of The Discerning Eye, there are a few around. One that appears to be some kind of dark-skinned elf, one that looks human but busy. Of course, he could always talk to someone he knows or go back to Jade and try to derail the topic from existential places.

Wine Tasting

"There have been a few nice turns," Enthi starts, "Like the Augurine Elmouse. Very nice place. However, I dare say that the main surprise was Lenai. It takes work to make me respect people, and she did it with one sip. The respect I'm giving you right now is really just an extension of the respect I have for her."

happyturtle
2013-02-02, 12:20 PM
Wine Tasting

"As it should be. The mead is Lenai's doing. The Wolf gave her blood, but she turned it into an orchard. The flowers drew the bees, and the bees allow me to harvest their honey, but our task is no different here than it would be anywhere else. It is because of Lenai that their honey is so special and can make the mead... the incredible experience that it is." Though for all of Cole's praise of Lenai and the mead, he hasn't had a sip of it since arriving.

Chaotic Bob
2013-02-02, 06:39 PM
[Ponyville]

Each pony assembled here turns to look Dawn.
"Well, yeah. How could we not know something bad was in there?"
"Kinda messed everythin' up for awhile."
"Looks kinda like it still is, just differently."

It seems this was not a particularly vast revelation.

The mailmare, meanwhile, has gotten up, mumbled something, and seems to be subtly moving to put herself between the fillies and the growth.
And by subtly, we mean nervously prancing in front of them.
"You should go back home, girls..."

Rebonack
2013-02-02, 06:57 PM
[Ponyville]

Hoo!

Dawn was right!

Clearly that was just common knowledge that everyone knew about already. And so she must have learned it the same as everyone else. Umm... somehow... Dawn is having trouble putting together the events that took place before she woke up near the town. But that probably doesn't matter so much, right?

Right.

"Didn't you have a fun plan? Something we were going to do after we found... umm..." the filly nods not so discretely in Scoots' direction to indicate that she can't recall her name.

Morty
2013-02-03, 01:39 PM
[Wine Tasting]

With Tobias in deep deadtime, a plotclone of Mayor O'Donnel heads towards Magtok.

Lord Magtok
2013-02-03, 03:14 PM
Wine Tasting

Magtok reaches for the Wild Mead. He's only a moment away from pressing the drink past his lips when the Mayor shows up. He promptly lowers the drink, and nods politely. "Mayor McDonnal, if I read the briefing correctly?"

O'Donnel, Maggy! O! This is why you aren't supposed to skim when the Magbots give you briefings for events like this one!

Morty
2013-02-03, 03:36 PM
[Wine Tasting]

"O'Donnel," the Mayor corrects politely. "Otherwise, yes. I'm the Mayor of Eastside, as you're no doubt aware. It's a pleasure to finally meet the esteemed Lord Magtok." He extends his hand to Magtok.

Slii Arhem
2013-02-03, 08:22 PM
[Wine Tasting]

"I believe that little bargaining shall be necessary on the part of Southside," Naethalee says, smiling more openly now as she visibly relaxes. "We are content with our territory, and bettering those within it. And I believe nothing more than an occasional bottle of this would be...groovy."

Wait, what?

Wine Tasting

Lenai bares a set of oddly sharp teeth in a grin, "Groovy it most certainly is. If you come yourself to pick up each bottle then I think we can come to an agreement. However, if any damage against the trees or creatures of the forest is perpetrated by the people of Southside, the agreement will be suspended until we can renegotiate the terms. I'm also open to other deals, if you think you would like to offer protection from the other, more greedy factions then I have more I'm willing to trade. The mead is in part made from the apples of my trees, but there are more apples than I can press into alcohol at any time and I likewise have an overstock of honey I could barter with that neither the bees or I am using." Both the honey and apples have the unrefined godblood in them, but since it hasn't been treated and turned into alcohol its effects are much less pronounced.

The Bushranger
2013-02-03, 10:52 PM
[Wine Tasting]

"Personal visits, you say? I think I can handle that, seeing as this stuff is totally awesome."
How she manages to avoid appending 'dude' to that, I'll never know.
"And an arrangement for protection from those who wish you harm might well be something on the table to be considered."

Lord Magtok
2013-02-04, 11:12 AM
Wine Tasting

"The esteemed Lord Magtok, you say? You'll have to introduce me sometime." Ahahaha, another weak attempt at humility and humor. As repetitive as it might get, it helps when trying to sort out whether someone genuinely respects him, or just thinks he's a loudmouth lout with too much money.

"Fine day to meet you nonetheless, Mayor." Hands are shaken. Since that sort of thing is done with the right hand, not the left, the Mayor is spared the cold iron grip of our cyborg's shinier appendage.

Morty
2013-02-04, 12:00 PM
[Wine Tasting]

The Mayor smiles slightly.
"Quite. I'm glad to be here, as it means the new government of Eastside is esteemed enough to be included in this sort of event."

Hattish Thing
2013-02-04, 07:36 PM
The Cloud

Indeed there's a helmsman, one of the kolbolds is at the helm of the ship.

"Clegg, she's an ice mage. That's very useful to have on a voyage. Besides, there's been woman pirates before, there no reason to fear."

Pete enters his cabin but leaves the door open. He has just a little business to take care of.

I'm aware she's useful...jus' unlucky, and actually...I wa' referring to James. He glares at James now, though a smirk is shown on his face.

The Cloud

"Oh, depends on Clegg, el capitan. He's the one fueling this dis-pute-tation. He cuts it out, I will." James shrugs, rolling his shoulders with a calculated, infuriating disinterest. "But what's the odds of that, huh? Soooooooooo... He spins the word into a drumroll, drawing out each syllable with a showsman's glee right before the grand finale. "So, I say we have it out now, pirate-style; Insult sword fight."

Clegg smirks before scratching some barnacles off his face and cracking his knuckles. No...not quite. We 'ave an expedition t' survive. Maybe after if yer no' dea', okay? Then I'll be sure t' feast on yer insides...maybe keep yer fingers on a necklace...Hehe. Jus'....remember I am yer superior, and a' me first command, providing Th' Captain doesn't belay me, is fer ye to get tha' grin off yer face an' make yerself useful. Mop the deck or throw yerself off i'. I don't care.

[The Cloud]

"Yep, I've got the skills. I think it's even worse luck to have someone who spends his spare time hating people, personally." Kyinde smirked.

"Now, should I go make myself useful elsewhere aboard the ship, or do I have to stay here and make sure you two don't kill each other?"

Kill him? Why woul' I do tha'? Apart from 'im bein' a complete idiot.

ThePhantom
2013-02-04, 07:38 PM
The Cloud

The kobold crew watchs Clegg and James, while they set the sails and The Cloud moves out of the harbor.

Lord Magtok
2013-02-04, 08:13 PM
Wine Tasting

"But just what have we been included to, anyways? I've always been more of an Inside sort of person, more focused on Inside's problems, but I'd really hoped my intelligence would've been competent enough to know about things like this Discerning Eye at least a month before a party like this." Fishing for information, I see. At least he's being fairly upfront about it, though.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-04, 08:55 PM
The Cloud

"Eh, I wasn't saying kill each other, just settle this dumb conflict for good." James shrugs again, barely even acknowledging Clegg's threats. "But seeing as we both know I'd win, whatever, right? Let's not and say we did."

Hattish Thing
2013-02-04, 09:17 PM
The Cloud

Enshadu? :smallconfused::smalltongue:

Clegg just rolls his eyes. Think wot ye will, boy.

PurityIcekiller
2013-02-04, 09:21 PM
[We Come On The Sloop Cloud... No, Wait, I Can't Get Enough Syllables Into The First Line. Never Mind]

"All right, then! I'll get to work."

With that, Kyinde scurried along the ship, looking for anything that might need doing. Whether the crew was competent or not, they'd appreciate a bit of help in keeping the wind in their sails.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-04, 09:26 PM
The Cloud

"I will, thanks." Leaning back against the mast, James digs around in his pockets and comes up with a crumpled, slightly battered pack of smokes and a silver zippo, popping one of the former between his teeth and lighting it with the latter. "Hey, el capitan, where am I bunking?"

ThePhantom
2013-02-04, 09:29 PM
The Cloud

"The officer's quarters are just down the hall off the gallery!"

Meanwhile, the crew appreciate Kyinde's work at helping them.

Morty
2013-02-05, 08:51 AM
Wine Tasting

"But just what have we been included to, anyways? I've always been more of an Inside sort of person, more focused on Inside's problems, but I'd really hoped my intelligence would've been competent enough to know about things like this Discerning Eye at least a month before a party like this." Fishing for information, I see. At least he's being fairly upfront about it, though.

"I know that one of the members of the Eastside Parliament is a member of this organization, although he's in the process of distancing himself away from it in order to focus on running the district. Perhaps they're trying to branch out from Riverside," the Mayor asks, taking a sip of his drink.

Terumitsu
2013-02-05, 03:15 PM
[Shade Street]

As potentially remembered, the street was a rather calm one in comparison to the rather chaotic whims that the Nexus seemed to prefer. The sun was out and there was a gentle warmth filtering down through the partial cloud cover; illuminating the first signs of trees donning their autumnal colors as if they were the sparks of flame which would grow into the towering bonfires that the season was best known for.

Though the street had a residential bent to it, there was a park-like atmosphere as here and there some small, open garden or plaza with the occasional stone statue sat and more than one vendor of edible wares could be spotted; the nearest of which wafted the scent of cinnamon as he fried up piping hot churros.

Further down the lane, though, would be the house they sought. It's design was particularly gothic with a wrought iron front gate and a stone wall surrounding it. The front porch was of a particularly dark wood and seemed to be faring at least somewhat well despite it's age. On the door hung a well polished brass knocker although there was a lack of house numbers.. Or at least they were well hidden.

Hattish Thing
2013-02-05, 07:18 PM
The Good Ship Cloud

Enshadu glares at James. He hated fire. It burned him and affected him more than it does most people. He stays away. Permission t' go t' me room? Captain?

ThePhantom
2013-02-05, 09:00 PM
The Cloud

"Permission granted!"

(Short timeskip?)

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-05, 09:20 PM
The Cloud

"Well, I think I'll turn in for the night then. You folks know where to find me..." Stuffing the lighter back in his pocket with a knowing smirk to Clegg, James nods to Kyrine and the Captain before strutting his way belowdecks.

((I'd be good with a timeskip. James would spend the time split between getting high in his cabin and wandering around on deck, being happily useless.))

Slii Arhem
2013-02-05, 09:49 PM
[Wine Tasting]

"Personal visits, you say? I think I can handle that, seeing as this stuff is totally awesome."
How she manages to avoid appending 'dude' to that, I'll never know.
"And an arrangement for protection from those who wish you harm might well be something on the table to be considered."

Wine Tasting

"I would just rather limit the number of people I have to deal with directly to those that actually appreciate my work." Lenai says frankly. Nae is certainly one of those from the sound of things.

"I hope I'd never have to ask for protection, but if you have any agricultural needs such as the honey or apples, or other fruits you might yearn for, I'm willing to tithe some to you in return for your aid if I ever need it. If all is well, you'll have free produce to distribute as you see fit. If it is not then I'm hoping being allied with Southside will turn away some of the weaker vultures from preying on my trees."

PurityIcekiller
2013-02-05, 10:22 PM
((Timeskip agreeable to me too, Cloud crew.))

Hattish Thing
2013-02-06, 02:27 PM
The Cloud

Yup, that's fine with me as well. :smallsmile:

Lost_Deep
2013-02-06, 04:40 PM
Wine Tasting

"As it should be. The mead is Lenai's doing. The Wolf gave her blood, but she turned it into an orchard. The flowers drew the bees, and the bees allow me to harvest their honey, but our task is no different here than it would be anywhere else. It is because of Lenai that their honey is so special and can make the mead... the incredible experience that it is." Though for all of Cole's praise of Lenai and the mead, he hasn't had a sip of it since arriving.

Wine Tasting-Cole

"Don't share the details aloud, people might get ideas. And I dare say that would be bad."

Enthi steps over to the table and pours herself some extortionately expensive champagne. She walk back over to Cole, sipping it.

"I'm abstaining from the good stuff because if I drink it all there won't be any left for anyone else." 'good stuff' being the mead, of course. However, the brewer of that champagne would burst into tears if he learned that it wasn't being referred to as 'the good stuff.'

Lord Magtok
2013-02-06, 05:49 PM
Wine Tasting - Mag Goes to the Mayor

"I know that one of the members of the Eastside Parliament is a member of this organization, although he's in the process of distancing himself away from it in order to focus on running the district. Perhaps they're trying to branch out from Riverside," the Mayor asks, taking a sip of his drink.

"Perhaps," Magtok noncommittally replies, and sips at his own dangerously magical beverage. The taste of magic sets off a thousand klaxons in his head, but before he can spit out the mysterious mead, it's already slipped right down his throat. He blinks once, twice, and then peers at his drink with a swiftly escalating sense of dread, before all those screaming, panicky voices in his head are all simultaneously evaporated.

"ExcuseMeMayorSomethingJustCameUpI'llBeBackInAMinut e."

The cyborg abruptly dashes away with his drink, intent on locating Ms. Jade Alime once more, only a moment or two after he'd been trying to escape her presence. He doesn't even pretend to care about looking civil or dignified or proper at all anymore, even elbowing his way right past an NPC on his search. Whether she's talking to another NPC, occupied with other matters, about to leave the party, or some other fourth thing, it doesn't seem to matter to our nefarious supervillain at all, because the moment he gets close enough to be heard, he starts burying her in a rapid-fire torrent of questions and excitement.

"Jade! Or Ms. Alime, if you prefer. Or Green Greens, but then you probably don't play much Kirby so I suppose that'd go right over your head oh dear I'm going off on a tangent-ANYWAYS! Your name and your hair are on opposite sides of the color wheel, was that on purpose? Is your name a codename, were your parents ignorant or trying to be funny, is the purple because you knew I'd be here or is thinking that way too vain of me but then you did say I was the most interesting, and-" The manic spout of words from the overly excited and cyborg finally stops as he pauses to take a breath.

Halae
2013-02-06, 06:19 PM

"I'll keep an eye on her and introduce you when she's free, then," Dipsnig says. "As for the scientific method, I've spent a lot of time in the Nexus and even in this chaotic place with all the worlds connected to it, patterns emerge. So I'm inclined to agree."[Wine Tasting - The Wine Table]

Harnel presses a hand to his forehead. He recognizes this particular feeling as the same sort he gets when he's on Terrie's fey apples; loss of inhibitions, willingness and even desire to work outside the rules...

Cessie will likely get the feeling that he's stomping down on the feelings as they come up. He's here as her bodyguard, not here to have fun. It's not going to last, though.

Rilla nods, a bit intimidated by the high class nature of the event. Sure, she's used to dealing with people taller than her. What she's not use to is dealing with people who have more political pull than her; all she ever did back him in Rata Sum was deal with her peers. For now, she says, "Thanks. When do you think would be the best time to speak to her?"

[Shade Street]

As potentially remembered, the street was a rather calm one in comparison to the rather chaotic whims that the Nexus seemed to prefer. The sun was out and there was a gentle warmth filtering down through the partial cloud cover; illuminating the first signs of trees donning their autumnal colors as if they were the sparks of flame which would grow into the towering bonfires that the season was best known for.

Though the street had a residential bent to it, there was a park-like atmosphere as here and there some small, open garden or plaza with the occasional stone statue sat and more than one vendor of edible wares could be spotted; the nearest of which wafted the scent of cinnamon as he fried up piping hot churros.

Further down the lane, though, would be the house they sought. It's design was particularly gothic with a wrought iron front gate and a stone wall surrounding it. The front porch was of a particularly dark wood and seemed to be faring at least somewhat well despite it's age. On the door hung a well polished brass knocker although there was a lack of house numbers.. Or at least they were well hidden.[Shade Street]

As Harnel walks past the wrought iron gate, he takes a good look at the walls holding the gate in place and the world at bay. Specifically, he take sa loot at the hinges, but he does little more than glance at them; a blacksmith's interest, that's all.

At the front door, He'll use the knocker to strike three loud knocks. He's currently carrying the box and its contents.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-06, 06:33 PM

"It's very different." Maria comments. Different in that it effects her at all, which is strange beyond all reason to her. "But quite good." She has to admit.

"May I?" Ramiro asks. Maria hands him the glass, and he brings it up to his nose to smell it. "Mead I do believe, though I wouldn't expect that's all it is."

Oh dear. "Neither would I." Cessie replies flatly. "But you will need to excuse me a moment, I believe my husband is calling on me through our mental link." And then she's off moving towards Harnel, someone could interrupt her however.

Dear, what is going on? She telepathically sends to her husband.

[Shade Street]

Cessie will just wait for someone to open, trying to enjoy the day. They had been through a lot lately so it was nice with a simple walk together, it felt like they weren't doing stuff like this anymore.

Morty
2013-02-06, 06:36 PM
[Wine Tasting - Little People ==> Near the Entrance]

"Look like she's no longer talking to that group of people. Now is as good time to introduce you as any."
With that, Dipsnig will stroll towards Cessie.

[Wine Tasting - Mayor & Mag]

The Mayor watches Magtok scurry away with a very bemused expression. He expected the cyborg to be eccentric, but this is still bizzare.

ThePhantom
2013-02-06, 06:52 PM
The Cloud- A week and a half later

Its been a while since we checked on The Cloud. Seems like that things are going smoothly, through with some rough spots. Through things might be a bit troublesome, what with those storm clouds right on their course.

The Bushranger
2013-02-06, 08:17 PM
Wine Tasting

"I would just rather limit the number of people I have to deal with directly to those that actually appreciate my work." Lenai says frankly. Nae is certainly one of those from the sound of things.

"I hope I'd never have to ask for protection, but if you have any agricultural needs such as the honey or apples, or other fruits you might yearn for, I'm willing to tithe some to you in return for your aid if I ever need it. If all is well, you'll have free produce to distribute as you see fit. If it is not then I'm hoping being allied with Southside will turn away some of the weaker vultures from preying on my trees."

Yes, yes she is indeed.
"I think we'd certainly want to try some of them apples," Naethalee agrees with a nod. "And I believe we have a satisfactory arrangement, indeed."

She takes another sip, eyes sparkling with delight.

Slii Arhem
2013-02-07, 07:40 PM
Wine Tasting

Yes, yes she is indeed.
"I think we'd certainly want to try some of them apples," Naethalee agrees with a nod. "And I believe we have a satisfactory arrangement, indeed."

She takes another sip, eyes sparkling with delight.

Wine Tasting

"I suppose we do at that." Lenai says, her smile not lingering for long before she huffs unpleasantly, "I don't suppose there's anyone pleasant from another faction of Riverside that you could point me to. Now that I've spoken to you, I might as well stop being a wallflower and introduce myself to at least one other before the night is out."

Terumitsu
2013-02-08, 04:37 PM
[Shade Street]

The barrel hinges creaked, indicating that they could probably use a bit of grease but there was no rust and the the gate swung quite readily at least. Though, what might be of greater interest to the smith than hinges was that upon the third solid knock, the heavy door began to swing slowly inward as if it had not been properly closed by the last person to use it. Still, the weight of the wood had done an admirable job at providing a facsimile of being locked until now at least.

What could be seen from the door was a long entry hallway with an ornate Persian rug as well as a decorative tea trolley of some dark wood upon which a silver platter and kettle as well as a few cups and saucers sat. Above that was a rather large mirror with a gold-leaf frame although just a bit more down the hall was an actual painting, displaying a day at the beach using a style of pointillism. Just peaking out from around the corner was an umbrella stand coupled with a coat rack although it appeared to be quite bare for the time being.

There was not, however, any person coming to answer the door, though.

Halae
2013-02-08, 07:28 PM
[Shade Street]

The barrel hinges creaked, indicating that they could probably use a bit of grease but there was no rust and the the gate swung quite readily at least. Though, what might be of greater interest to the smith than hinges was that upon the third solid knock, the heavy door began to swing slowly inward as if it had not been properly closed by the last person to use it. Still, the weight of the wood had done an admirable job at providing a facsimile of being locked until now at least.

What could be seen from the door was a long entry hallway with an ornate Persian rug as well as a decorative tea trolley of some dark wood upon which a silver platter and kettle as well as a few cups and saucers sat. Above that was a rather large mirror with a gold-leaf frame although just a bit more down the hall was an actual painting, displaying a day at the beach using a style of pointillism. Just peaking out from around the corner was an umbrella stand coupled with a coat rack although it appeared to be quite bare for the time being.

There was not, however, any person coming to answer the door, though.[Shade Street]

Harnel's eyes narrow, and he sends telepathically to Cessie, Can you detect any magic from the house? as wariness spills through the bond.

At first, he looks at the rug on the floor to determine if there's any distortions in its shape, such as one made from something underneath. Then he'll look at the various things around; is there dust? Cobwebs? What state of repair are any umbrellas (if any) at the moment?

Harnel won't take a step in just yet. Darkness or gloominess make no difference to him, when compared to a dungeon environment. Given, he's never been a skilled trapfinder like some people he's known, but in the end he wants to make sure that he's not about to let his wife walk into something dangerous.

Oh dear. "Neither would I." Cessie replies flatly. "But you will need to excuse me a moment, I believe my husband is calling on me through our mental link." And then she's off moving towards Harnel, someone could interrupt her however.

Dear, what is going on? She telepathically sends to her husband. [Wine Tasting - Near the Entrance]

Something in the mead. Not sure what, but it's not normal.

Harnel just sort of stands there for now, but Cessie may be intercepted by a pair of short people! oh my!

Rilla doesn't seem to know how to start the conversation, and just remains silent, hoping Dipsnig has some way to start things off.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-08, 07:59 PM
Wine Tasting - Uncontrolled Magtalk

The woman simply waits for him to continue, willing to let him spill it all before she answers.

She seems to not really care that Magtok is making a fool of himself, she's simply paying attention.

Morty
2013-02-08, 08:16 PM

"Ah, Mrs. Mithar," Dipsnig says politely when he and Rilla approach Cessie. "I'm glad to see you. I'd like to introduce the charming lady with me. Her name is Rilla and she's a brilliant magical engineer who joined my origanization recently."

Lord Magtok
2013-02-08, 08:20 PM
Wine Tasting - Wherein Magtok Makes A Fool of Himself

"-and I think there's something in the mead, because I wasn't going to ask you half those questions. I think I ought to inject my neck with something and just collapse here and claim it was all the drink's fault and insist someone's tried to assassinate me again. Not your group, of course, being implying that would be rude, but maybe a supremacist sneaked in? I don't know. Your thoughts?"

Magtok finally stops shooting that machine gun he calls a mouth at Ms. Alime, and sets about rifling through a pocket for something to stab into his own neck. If she wants to say something now, he's all ears. Unlikely to listen very closely, since that mead sip has taken away any real concern for the opinions of others he might've had, though.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-08, 08:43 PM

"First off, that would be a bad idea and would cause political scandal for literally everyone here. I don't think you want to do that."

Some of her words have an odd weight to them, not anything supernatural but instead a trained oratory technique to make certain points get through thick heads.

"Secondly, no, no, and different languages."

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-08, 09:29 PM
The Cloud

James is on deck for once, ambling about offering trite encouragements to the mobile sailors. "Attaboy Runt, keep it at. You, pipsqueek, put some back into it!" Picking his way through the mob by stepping right over the heads of the sailors, he heads over to the captain, waving to him. "Hey-ho capitan! What's the hubbub about? We in for a patch stormy sailing here?"

ThePhantom
2013-02-08, 09:37 PM
The Cloud

Pete stands at the helm, Polly on his shoulder smiling at the storm.
"This? Its just a mere swell, nothing to worry.""Says you, you didn't look at the meter, the pressure is falling like a rock.""Arr, then more to enjoy, ha arr."

Ah yes, Pete is insane. Forgot that since he is actually sailing now.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-08, 10:07 PM
The Cloud

"Right." Glancing out at the congealing darkness of the skyline, James draws his own conclusions on the good captain's competence.

"Want a smoke, cap?" After a week and a half he's running low on drugs of any caliber, but still, he offers the half-emptied packet of cigarettes to Pete after taking one for himself.

PurityIcekiller
2013-02-08, 10:50 PM
[The Cloud]

Kyinde sniffed the air. "Looks like we're in a spot of trouble. How exciting!"

She first looked up to see how much sail they were carrying, then started to climb up the mast for a better look. She hoped things were all in order, although she considered pulling rank if necessary. The only thing she wasn't prepared to do here was try to counter the storm magically, as wet and windy weather wasn't quite within her area of expertise.

ThePhantom
2013-02-09, 12:58 AM
[The Cloud]

Pete shakes off the smoke. "Ye need your own. I'll be fine." "Yah, best to let the crazy man stay as focused as he can."

Right now, most of the sails are still up, as Pete thinks the ship can handle this storm. As the crew, they keep seem like they know what they are doing. This isn't their first storm at sea.

"Hopefully you won't forget about that no singing rule Pete.""Quiet Polly."

happyturtle
2013-02-09, 11:34 AM
Wine Tasting - Cole and Enthi

Wine Tasting-Cole

"Don't share the details aloud, people might get ideas. And I dare say that would be bad."

Enthi steps over to the table and pours herself some extortionately expensive champagne. She walk back over to Cole, sipping it.

"I'm abstaining from the good stuff because if I drink it all there won't be any left for anyone else." 'good stuff' being the mead, of course. However, the brewer of that champagne would burst into tears if he learned that it wasn't being referred to as 'the good stuff.'

"I can't imagine anyone being able to replicate Lenai's mead," Cole says. He notices Magtok's antics, and stifles his laughter. "I believe that person has had a taste." 'That person'? Yes, believe it or not, Cole is one of the few people in the Nexus (barring new arrivals) who doesn't recognize Magtok by sight.

Lord Magtok
2013-02-09, 11:51 AM

"Right. Not everyone is speaking the same English, Basic, Common, Terran, Gothic dialect. Or has a different home language, and is just bilingual. Or wearing magical perfect space translator braces. Or some other thing that hasn't occurred to me yet."

He peers at the needle he was thinking of stabbing himself with, and puts it away.

"Yeah, better to look the fool than incite war...I think. You guys could use some scandal every now and then, though. It's fun. I've been accused of having liaisons with Vasquez, one of her lieutenants, the leader of the Masks, a Riverside vampire, Butler, a co-founder of GLoG, Vespe, Moff, Reinholdt, Calublufiok, a catgirl death goddess, my own security detail before and after I had her replaced with another, an intern who tried to usurp me, a green-skinned alien conquistador, an elven adversary of mine from way back..."

In all fairness, quite a few of those supposed liaisons actually happened, Maggy. The public has absolutely no idea what to expect from you in the bedroom anymore. After Jezebel, anyone could accuse you of anything and still sound credible.

"Hell, people are probably already writing headlines about us, even, just for talking this long, and me being visibly intoxicated somehow. Best not make anything that might look like a kissy face, by the way. They could easily photoshop in with an old picture of me and put that on the front on every gossip rag from here to Inside. They do that a lot."

Lost_Deep
2013-02-09, 12:04 PM
Wine Tasting - Cole and Enthi

"Hmm... he's talking with Jade, not much chance for entertainment there. She's entirely too collected to let such things happen. However, I find it entertaining that the man with only half a body did not consider it might lower his tolerances."

She smiles to herself and sips her drink.

"I have people in the paparazzi. Any group that ships us is going to look like fools. And may coincidentally go out of business."

As coincidental as someone winding up dead, but without the in-depth police investigation.

Lord Magtok
2013-02-09, 01:45 PM
Wine Tasting - Wherein Magtok Continues to Make a Fool of Himself

"Ha! I think I would've found that funny even if I was sober. Mysterious disappearances and quietly crushing things is fun. I don't do that nearly enough anymore. Keep meaning to smush someone like that, can never find either the time or person or right approach. Probably doesn't help that I usually try to do that stuff personally, too."

Magtok pauses thoughtfully for a moment, and then peers down at his drink.

"I'm just on the edge, right? Where my behavior could be mixed up with my usual eccentricities? I could probably take another sip, eliminate any doubt, confirm that it's the mead. But then that would make the aftermath my own fault, I couldn't say I just picked the wrong drink to mess with, could I?

...How do people live without mead like this to numb them to the crippling doubt and uncertainty present in everything they do, anyways? You can never know if something you'll do is for the best, and sometimes never will. Every moment of life, we're divorcing ourselves from hundreds of thousands of millions of things we could've done instead. At least a few of them could've been better ideas.

That genuinely terrifies me, that knowledge. There's blood on my hands, and I'll never know for sure if it was ever avoidable, or ought to have been avoided. I've taken some lives and refused to take others, was any of it right? All of this doubt and self-pity and understanding of everything...and I keep going. Everyone keeps going. Why? Why do any of us drink the mead and go out and seek adventure, when we could just as easily sit in stagnant self-pity forever?

It is all chemicals? Hormones and chemistry making us out to be little more than animals with an ego? I don't understand, I gulped down a drink that stole my hesitation and the grotesque mask of civilization, but I just as easily could've had the champagne; I don't even like mead. I used to think I had such control of my life, and not just my life, but all the lives in the Nexus too! Now? Of course not, I'm pouring my heart out to a stranger whose very name is an accidental punchline because magical honey wine has stolen my self-restraint. I'm dying, Ms. Alime. I'm unraveling before your very eyes and nobody cares. How did it come to this? What did I do to make it all go wrong? Why did she have to die, and why can't I bring myself to bury her?"

Oh dear, Magtok's gone there. I'd have security escort him out of here maybe two or three paragraphs ago if I were Ms. Alime.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-09, 02:22 PM
Wine Tasting - Magtok Breakdown

The first part has a rather simple answer, and then Magtok goes deep.

"At the risk looking suspicious, would you perhaps prefer to bare your soul in a more private area? I'm more than willing to listen if you want to talk."

Sounds like some paparazzi groups have a chance at getting large sums of bribery money and/or quietly disappearing.

Lord Magtok
2013-02-09, 05:28 PM
Wine Tasting - Magtok Completely Loses It

"Yes? No? I don't care at all either way in the slightest. That should probably worry me. It might worry me. I think I'm beyond understanding that, too.

...This drink was supposed to free people to do whatever they want but can't bring themselves to ordinarily do, wasn't it? What the hell does that say about me?"

Magtok's more than willing to be dragged wherever in his current state. At least then he wouldn't have to be making a decision himself.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-09, 05:34 PM
Wine Tasting - Magtok Completely Loses It

"I haven't the foggiest idea what's in the drink, only that the local critic loves it. Of course, she doesn't hide behind much of a social mask in the first place."

Jade will lead him to some out-of-the-way room.

"Now, then, do you really want answers to the questions you asked? Answers are my line of work, but you're asking questions that might be better off not being answered."