PDA

View Full Version : Heroic Metamagic and temporary action points.

andromax
2013-01-21, 07:54 PM
Heroic Metamagic (http://dndtools.eu/feats/races-of-eberron--10/heroic-metamagic--1385/) seems like it's got a lot of (ab)use potential.

There are some feats that give you temporary action points, Prophecy's Hero (Magic of Ebberon) comes to mind.

What are some other ways of getting temporary action points, to get the most out of it?
Specifically, are there enough ways to get temporary points to be able to use them all to persist a spell with them?

Unrelated.. the 3rd level Wand Adept PrC lets you drain 1st lvl wands as a free action every round to gain an action point. Could be useful to some builds.

EDIT: So far I've got;
1 AP from Prophecy's Hero (Magic of Ebberon)
1 AP from Unfettered Heroism (Races of Ebberon)
1 AP from Heroic Devotion (Faiths of Ebberon) (Requires 2nd lvl divine spells, and max 1 per day)

Ranting Fool
2013-01-21, 08:18 PM
You can use action points to gain a feat for that turn. My spell casting players like to use the action points for the "Sudden" meta magic feats. (Only once per day but a nice extra Sudden Max is great for one action point) :smallbiggrin:

Wasn't there a Barbarian one that gives you a free action point every time you rage?

docnessuno
2013-01-21, 08:24 PM
Feat: Wand Surge (Use an AP instead of a charge from a spell trigger item)
Spell: Unfettered heroism (Gain a "free" Action point every round, who vainshes if unspent, can spend AP more than once/round) <= immediate action casting time!

Result: FUN!

andromax
2013-01-21, 08:32 PM
Feat: Wand Surge (Use an AP instead of a charge from a spell trigger item)
Spell: Unfettered heroism (Gain a "free" Action point every round, who vainshes if unspent, can spend AP more than once/round) <= immediate action casting time!
Feat: PROPHECY’S ARTIFEX - use your wand for free, as a swift action.

Result: EXTRA FUN!

Nice combo indeed! too bad it's a 5th lvl spell..

Went ahead and added the bolded part for more fun! It's in Magic of Ebberron.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-01-21, 10:47 PM
For Unfettered Heroism Abuse, I prefer Artificer's Metamagic Spell trigger->persist.