PDA

View Full Version : Help for Spells/Feats for Assassin

Vrikolaka
2013-01-22, 12:49 AM
Yea. More one post, asking help.

My DM, in his game, as an plot for my Character (Half-Elf Healer, with horrible stats), did give to me an "second" PC to use, who will discover the things of the background of my character.
But, the thing is:
The character is on the mind of my character! And she CAN control the body of the Character! So, he asked to me, to make an Sheet of Rogue 5/Assassin 7 drowish-like character, with the concept of Skillmonkey of party (who we lacks, unfortunatly) of the party.

The help I need, is very simple:
I need feats, and Great Assassin spells, to make my character as not so Bland what my character is (i'm thinking to pick Contemplative with her, but, is not the focus of this thread [i can explanate more, if you want]).

The Stats, Are VERY, VERY horrible, as with the HP (think that I've rolled just 2-4 for EACH LEVEL, and no bonus of Con). I've earned 2 bonus feats, when the character (the Rogue) appeared, and, when I grabbed 10th level, the DM granted me one more, that I can choose.

Attributes: Str 8, Dex 12, Con 8, int 13, Wis 16, Cha 14 (16 with Cloak of Charisma +2)
HP: 32
AC: 17 (+1 Dex, +6 Armor [+1 leafweave breastplate] )

Feats (Healer) - Just to saciate Curiosity
1st: Sacred Vow
Half-Elf: Skill Focus (Knowledge[religion])
Healer 2: Skill Focus (Heal)
3rd: Vow of Non-Violence
Drow Bonus: Weapon Finesse*
Drow Bonus: EWP (Elven Thinblade)*
6th: Extend Magic
9th: ??? (didn't choose either)
10th Bonus: ???

Now, the things I'll wanna say:
The Character HAS to use the same attributes/HP of the Original Character, but Skills, Class Features, Feats and the Like of the Lilika (Drow Rogue 5/Assassin 7; Lawful Neutral [yes, neutral; she was Lawful Evil, but I redeemed her]). The Half-Elf gets one bonus feat, who just HAS to take an Skill feat, just like Stealthy or Skill Focus.

I, looking in an Rogue Handbook, Have choosed that feats:
Bonus: Weapon Finesse
Bonus: EWP (Elven Thinblade)
1st: Darkstalker
Half-Elf: Stealthy
3rd: Craven
6th: ???
9th: ???
12th: ???
Bonus: ???

The focus of Character, is Skillmonkeying, and, I need to pick Spells of Assassin who enhances the Skillmonkeying, and her Combat Capabilities, and just don't suck.

Someone can help in that, pleeeease? You'll make an very confused player happy... *-*

Deca4531
2013-01-22, 01:32 AM
try
quick reconnoiter (1 free spot and listen check a round, +2 iniative)

deft strike (make spot check = to target AC to ignor all armour and nat armour)

basically each turn you make a spot check, if it beats their AC your attack becomes a touch attack.

Vrikolaka
2013-01-22, 01:44 AM
quick reconnoiter (1 free spot and listen check a round, +2 iniative)

deft strike (make spot check = to target AC to ignor all armour and nat armour)

Ok. From where are these Feats? I've really liked the Quick Reconnoiter, very intresting. Oh, yeah, the DM uses Perception, not Spot/Listen but, ok, nevermind, great feat.

Deft Strike seems to be very destroyer, and is an very intresting mini-build. I really liked! :D

EDIT: Ok, both are of the Complete Adventurer. Really Nice!

Some suggestions, to the spells?

WhatBigTeeth
2013-01-22, 01:52 AM
There was an assassin handbook that went up on minmaxboards right before the site collapsed. My google-fu isn't strong enough to dig up the google cache of the handbook thread itself, but all its contents are on the writer's page here (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:McE7YXbRaHcJ:www.minmaxboards.com/index.php%3Faction%3Dprofile%3Barea%3Dshowposts%3B u%3D1280+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a).

But backward.

Still, you could use the ctrl+f function to skim down to feats and spells for some ideas.

Deca4531
2013-01-22, 01:53 AM
Ok. From where are these Feats? I've really liked the Quick Reconnoiter, very intresting. Oh, yeah, the DM uses Perception, not Spot/Listen but, ok, nevermind, great feat.

Deft Strike seems to be very destroyer, and is an very intresting mini-build. I really liked! :D

EDIT: Ok, both are of the Complete Adventurer. Really Nice!

Some suggestions, to the spells?

Quick Reconnoiter is CAdv p112

Deft Strike (Draconomicon p103)

as for assassin spells check this thread http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179491

Eonir
2013-01-22, 01:57 AM
Martial Study (Shadow Hand maneuver of your choice)

and

Martial Stance (Assassin's Stance).

Vrikolaka
2013-01-22, 04:40 PM
There was an assassin handbook that went up on minmaxboards right before the site collapsed. My google-fu isn't strong enough to dig up the google cache of the handbook thread itself, but all its contents are on the writer's page here.

But backward.

Still, you could use the ctrl+f function to skim down to feats and spells for some ideas.

EPIC! Really Thank You, man!

Quick Reconnoiter is CAdv p112

Deft Strike (Draconomicon p103)

as for assassin spells check this thread http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179491

Thanks! I've founded in CAdv the Deft Strike too... ^^

Martial Study (Shadow Hand maneuver of your choice)

and

Martial Stance (Assassin's Stance).

Unfortunatly, the DM ban the Tome of Battle. ._. And, Y'know, I was likely to focus the Assassin in Skillmonkeying, not in Combat, so just I do not know if that feat will go well with the concept...