PDA

View Full Version : New to d&d 3.5

kimfu
2013-01-22, 01:05 AM
Hi, i'm new to the world of role playing games.
I'm really enjoying it, but i think we're advancing somewhat fast.
This is my first character, i made an Elf Wizard, we players, can only use PHB 1 for feats, abilities, etc. and our DM gave us Draconomicon prestige classes.
So, at the moment i'm a lvl 13 Wizard/Lvl 7 Dragonslayer (or dragonkiller?) so we're going to fight Dragons with classes, till now, we've fought Red Dragon Druid with the shape shifter prestige class, a fighter white dragon, a black dragon (don't remember the class) and another Silver dragon with a Cleric Rider.

We, magic users, have a different spell casting method, we have our spells x day as normal, but, instead of having bonus spells x day, we use mana.

what i'd like to know, is what equipments are good for a lvl 13 wizard that's going go fight dragons???
with feats and stuff, i can use Full Plate armors and Tower shields with no arcane spell failure.
I'd like a good Staff for weapon, Armor/Shield/Headgear maybe protections
and jewelry for mana regen or something.

Any ideas are welcomed, we really don't know anything about good equips, we leveled too fast :P

Deca4531
2013-01-22, 01:27 AM
wow, new to the game and already playing at epic levels, not something i would have done so soon but some adapt faster.

i would recommend you look up the book "magic item compendium." lots of goods stuff in there.

Acanous
2013-01-22, 01:28 AM
It sounds like you're on a monty-haul adventure with some home-brewed content.
How much cash do you have to spend, and how big is the nearest city to buy stuff in?

kimfu
2013-01-22, 01:51 AM
We're in one of, if not, biggest capitals in the continent, we have access to most items, and have decent amount of GPs, i don't know about staves, so i wanted a staff with 50 charges of offensive spells and Quicken Spell and Maximize Spell. But i don't really know if that's possible :smalltongue:.
Also some rings and necklace of mana regen and reduce mana costs, something like that.

rockdeworld
2013-01-22, 02:15 AM
A ring of spellbattle could help against dragons. As would scrolls/a wand of energy resistance, and any other spell you don't cast every day.

Standard good items that I know of:
Rod of Quicken/Extend Metamagic
Belt of Battle
Cloak of Displacement (not as useful against dragons)
Amulet of Health +6
Headband of Intelligence +6
Cloak of Resistance +5
Ring of Wizardry
Pearl of Power

Arbane
2013-01-22, 03:00 AM
Also some rings and necklace of mana regen and reduce mana costs, something like that.

Unless your game is really heavily homebrewed, D&D doesn't have 'mana'. Pearls of Power or a Ring of Wizardry will give you some nice extra castings of your spells, and scrolls, staffs, and wands give you even MORE Ultimate Magic Power.