PDA

View Full Version : [PF] First attempt at an Eidolon

Certified
2013-01-22, 01:08 AM
While prepping for an upcoming game I'd like to introduce a Summoner Synthesist. As this is my first crack at creating an Eidolon I thought I'd run the stat block by the people here. Currently I'm envisioning a horned demoness with a chitinous carapace. Eventually, I'd like to add on the Wings Evolution and focus on resistances to emulate a Devil or Demon. Also, anything that helps with the idea of feeding, so possibly acid damage and the like later on.

However, I wanted the opening build to be a kind of show stopper for damage output. The rest of the party is not optimized and there is a fighter that by the time this character is introduced will be doing something like +13/+6 (2d6+17) with a non-magical Great Sword so I don't want to step on their toes too much but still leave an impression.

Here is the planned Build:

5th Level Hungry Eidolon

Biped
Size Large (10/10) Reach 10
Speed 30 ft.

Ability Scores
Str 26 (+8)
Dex 12 (+1)
Con 18 (+4)

HP (5d10+20)
AC Standard 18, Flat-Footed 17, Touch 10 (+8 natural armor, +1 Dex, -1 Size)

Saves
Fort (good) 4 + 4 = 8
Ref (bad) 1 + 1 = 2

Base Attack Bonus +4

Attack
Gore +12 (1d8+8)
Bite +12 (1d8+8)
2 claws +12 (1d6+8)

Free Evolutions

claws, limbs (arms), limbs (legs).

Evasion (Ex): If an eidolon is subjected to an attack that normally allows a Reflex save for half damage, it takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw.

Evolutions 8
Bite (Primary 1d8) 1
Tail (+2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks made to balance on a surface.) 1
Gore (Priamry 1d8) 2
Large (+8 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Constitution, and a +2 bonus to its natural armor. It takes a –2 penalty to its Dexterity. This size change also gives the creature a –1 size penalty to its AC and on attack rolls, a +1 bonus to its CMB and CMD, a –2 penalty on Fly skill checks, and a –4 penalty on Stealth skill checks. If the eidolon has the biped base form, it also gains 10-foot reach.) 4

Any feedback would be helpful. (Namely, did I get this right, is that really how ugly an Eidolon should be at 5th Level?)

Gazzien
2013-01-22, 02:35 AM
I'm not sure if it's what you're going for, but I recall making a build that (as a Synethesiest [sp?], of course,) nabbed Flight, a couple natural attacks, natural and all the variants of immunities, varying along its career, eventually having all of them at level 20.

I believe it was a half-elf, though (for the extra evolution points), so I'm not sure. I'll try to look it up in the morning, I'm not sure where that build went.

EDIT: err, whoops, I'll still look for it, but I just realized you meant 'show-stopper' for damage output to be dealing damage, not reducing it.

warmachine
2013-01-22, 04:56 AM
According to the PFSRD, Large (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner/eidolons#TOC-Large-Ex-) can't be chosen till 8th level. Pity, because it's a good choice.

Certified
2013-01-22, 07:42 AM
According to the PFSRD, Large (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner/eidolons#TOC-Large-Ex-) can't be chosen till 8th level. Pity, because it's a good choice.

That actually makes sense as those stats felt too god for 5th Level.

Certified
2013-01-22, 08:12 AM
Here we go, draft 2.

5th Level Hungry Eidolon

Biped
Size Medium (5/5) Reach 5
Speed 30 ft.

Ability Scores
Str 18 (+4)
Dex 14 (+2)
Con 14 (+2)

HP (5d10+10)
AC Standard 18, Flat-Footed 16, Touch 12 (+6 natural armor, +2 Dex)

Saves
Fort (good) 4 + 2 = 6
Ref (bad) 1 + 2 = 3

Base Attack Bonus +4

Attack
Gore +8 (1d6+4+1d6 Acid)
Bite +8 (1d6+4+1d6 Acid)
2 claws +8 (1d4+4+1d6 Acid)

Free Evolutions

claws, limbs (arms), limbs (legs).

Evasion (Ex): If an eidolon is subjected to an attack that normally allows a Reflex save for half damage, it takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw.

Evolutions 8
Bite (Primary 1d8) 1
Gore (Primary 1d8) 2
Magic Attacks 1
Resistance: Acid (5 +5 per 5 Levels) 1
Tail (+2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks made to balance on a surface.) 1
Energy Attacks: Acid 2

Wagadodo
2013-01-22, 11:41 AM
If you are starting out at 5th level then you Eidolon Hit Dice would be 4D10+8. AC should be +2 for sheild bonus so should have 20 AC from wearing the eidolon.

Also as a Syntheist Summoner you use your own saves instead of the ones listed. So saves would be Fort +5, Reflex +5. +1 for each lvl 5 summoner, +2 from your stats and another +2 Sheild Meld (Which also adds to your Will save). Heck I didn't notice that when I made my Syntheist summoner.

But the rest looks good.

Certified
2013-01-28, 04:18 PM
Alright, so with the Syntheist can the PC take Improved Natural Attack since the Eidolon has no feats?

Private
2013-01-28, 07:27 PM
Alright, so with the Syntheist can the PC take Improved Natural Attack since the Eidolon has no feats?

Yes, any feats that the Summoner has are usable by the Eidolon, however they may not be applicable to the Summoner when he is not Synthesized, such as INA.