PDA

View Full Version : DDO: completionist order?

sonofzeal
2013-01-22, 04:40 AM
First - what happened to the DDO threads? I can't find anything.

Real question - it certainly seems like some Past Lives are better than others, so is there a preferred order? This is a bit relevant since I solo almost exclusively, and certain classes are just a tad better at that than others.

Hullabaloo
2013-01-22, 10:01 AM
The DDO community is shrinking quickly. Fair bit came back for the expansion, remembered why they left and... well left again.

The past lives are very weak now with epic levels. They granted marginal power to specific builds (ie going caster? get those wiz past lives. going tank, grab those pally ones), but they have not changed in power since the expansion.

Its alot easier to grab a min wage job, work a few hours and buy a +5 tome then to grind compleationist.

sonofzeal
2013-01-22, 06:55 PM
The DDO community is shrinking quickly. Fair bit came back for the expansion, remembered why they left and... well left again.
To me it was the opposite. I drifted away to play LoL somewhere around the time of the expansion, but remembered why I'd enjoyed it so much and came back. I absolutely love RPGs that involve a degree of finesse, and tactical as well as strategic considerations throughout, and DDO definitely beats out WoW and its clones there.

The past lives are very weak now with epic levels. They granted marginal power to specific builds (ie going caster? get those wiz past lives. going tank, grab those pally ones), but they have not changed in power since the expansion.

Its alot easier to grab a min wage job, work a few hours and buy a +5 tome then to grind compleationist.
I suppose so, but that's not exactly helpful for me. Thanks anyway, I guess?

Blue1005
2013-01-23, 06:28 AM

I was unaware that you were a member of turbine that had official numbers..

And I have seen some amazing TR builds with multiple past lives dominate the play. Just have to choose what works best for you.

Hullabaloo
2013-01-23, 03:19 PM
I was unaware that you were a member of turbine that had official numbers..
Ah, sarcasm. Well done /clap

I would suggest watching http://www.ddoracle.com/ for an extended period of time and let me know what you think. I started playing DDO in late 2009 and the game population is a shadow compared to what it was. Just keeping a lazy eye on the number of instances in the harbor or other places you notice it never goes double digits any more. And that is not because they allow more people per instance.

I suppose so, but that's not exactly helpful for me. Thanks anyway, I guess?
Well, my attempted helpful point was saying that if you are worrying about completionist in terms of power, the best answer is dont go compleationist. Decide what you want your final build to be, hit up a the past lives you need 3x times, and ignore the others, and hit up epic levels and EE to get gear. +2 spell pen checks is not going to be worth it to you if you are going Barb for your final life.
If you want completionist just to get it, then things like barb, fighter and Pally are easy to do early, as more HP +1 to hit and healing amp is useful later imo.