PDA

View Full Version : Noble trouble IC

Reb46
2013-01-22, 02:38 PM
A rhythmic noise coupled with a rocking movement wakes all of you up. At first it's hard to understand what's going on, given your current awful headache. In fact, you realize that your whole body aches and your nostrils are tingling because of a foul stench. Sweaty goblins, six in total surround you. But there's something between you and them: wooden bars. You've been knocked unconscious and then dragged inside a prison wagon driven by two horses, a cart whose edges are like a jail window. Looking around you notice that there's five other humanoids in the cart with you, all waking up just now. Those that have animal companions or familiars are relieved to see that they're safe, only tied with ropes to the rear end of the cart.

The goblins haven't noticed that you're awake, yet. It won't take them long to, though.

Bootylicious
2013-01-22, 02:49 PM
while laying down, i slowly turn my head to the other prisoners and mime "Are you hurt?"

artofregicide
2013-01-22, 04:21 PM
Søren awakens nursing the painful lump on his head.

I have to stop drinking... wait, what in the Abyss?

The wizard clumsily tries to stand up, but ends up tripping over an unconscious Zirc, falling into the back of the cart. He swears loudly as he lands.

Baator's Beard!

3drinks
2013-01-22, 05:56 PM
Zirc remains in a laying position in the cage, and he rubs the back of his head, half-blurrily scanning the immediate surroundings, trying to figure out where the hell he is. He looks over to the [nearest person who shares this cage] and whispers:

"What hap--...wait a minute, where is my axe?"

J-H
2013-01-22, 07:46 PM
"Owww...whazza."
Jord sits up, doubles over with nausea, and then sits up again, blinking but feeling better.
"Goblins?

I was on guard duty. Who are you people?"

Jord looks around the cage, trying to spot the door and locking mechanism.

3drinks
2013-01-22, 08:02 PM
Zirc hears the voice and slowly turns his head in the direction it came from.

"Jord, you say? Aye, they call me Zirc. I must've been jumped by twenty-somethin' of them buggers."

mattie_p
2013-01-22, 08:50 PM
Andreus remains still, testing the bonds and the strength of the rope.
Strength check:[roll0]

Not much hope of escaping that way, eh? But maybe... thought Andreus. He looks around, searching through the bars to see if his mule and wolf are safe. They appear fine, in better condition than I am. Still, doesn't hurt to make sure.

He whispers, "Goblins, a blight upon the land. Anyone have ideas on how to get out of our predicament?"

3drinks
2013-01-22, 10:09 PM
Zirc turns his head, hearing the voice of another that shares his predicament nearby.

"How do we get out of here? We fight, obviously. What could a group of sweaty goblins do when we're prepared? It took twenty-some of their kind to tackle me alone!" Zirc boasts, triumphantly.

Bootylicious
2013-01-23, 03:24 AM
Arec slowly stand up, still a bit shaky. He slowly look around trying to realise where they are being moved to.
Knowlegde (geography) [roll0]

He hear the orcs self exaltation, after a few seconds he says:"Great, just great! First i get attacked by some weird grey creatures and now i'm being imprisoned by goblins...."

Abruptly he stops talking, he slowly walks over to rear of the cage, where a horse have been tied to the wagon.
LILY! What have they done to you!? Those devilish creatures, i'll make them pay for what they have done, noone toouches my horse!

Arec turn his head to the Orc
"Orc, can you break these bars?"

Phyzor
2013-01-23, 10:37 AM
Being the last to wake up Berend-Jan still feels a little drowsy when he opens his eyes. When things are blurred out he notices that 5 others are accompanying him in a riding jail. Where in Moradins name am I?

Some are talking, others are standing up. In no particular direction he starts speaking "I was ambushed by a group of 8 humanoids, last thing I remember is those no-eyes knocking me out. Where are they taking us?" After a short pause he continues "I would love to put my axe in their skulls"

Reb46
2013-01-23, 11:52 AM
Andreus remains still, testing the bonds and the strength of the rope
You aren't bound or tied in any way.

The door of the cart is on the right side but it has a lock, obviously closed. It could be possible to break a few of those bars with a little luck (strength DC 17). The goblins notice your movement and one starts squeaking with his shrill voice in goblin: "They were supposed to stay asleep until this evening! What do we do now?" To which, another one replies: "Let me fix it"
The last goblin that spoke says, in Common: "You no wake up, stay down. Need bring you to boss."

J-H
2013-01-23, 12:52 PM
Jord quickly chants a couple of words, and a high-pitched ringing noise goes from inaudible to painful in the space of two seconds as the lock on the wagon vibrates, rattles vigorously, and then cracks into a hundred pieces.
"Go go go!" Jord motions his companions to the door.

Casting Shatter. I'm guessing this is the surprise round - let me know if I can cast again before the goblins can act - if so, I will.
Initiative [roll0]

3drinks
2013-01-23, 04:57 PM
Arec turn his head to the Orc
"Orc, can you break these bars?"

Zirc, hearing someone calling his attention, turns in the direction of the voice.

"Can I break the bars? Do goblins stink like road apples? Bah of course I can!"

Zirc hears the chants of other imprisoned one, watching the bars of the cage splinter and shatter into bits. He was amused.

"Huh. Neat trick," Zirc says in a nod of agreement to the source.

If we're rolling Initiative, I suppose I should as well?
[roll0]

artofregicide
2013-01-23, 05:31 PM
Søren has been silent all this time, watching the others take action. The man is somewhat intimidated by the ferocity of the others, and the strangeness of his predicament. Still, he manages to find the initiative to act.

As the bars shatter, he draws his wand and activates it speaking a few arcane words.

Wand of Colorspray: 15ft cone, targeted at the largest group of goblins, Will Save DC 15:

2 HD or less: The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.)

3 or 4 HD: The creature is blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, then stunned for 1 round.

5 or more HD: The creature is stunned for 1 round.

"Let this teach you beasts to interfere with a wizard."

Søren's familiar, a small raven, calls out to him in a shrill voice:

Master! Help me! I'm tethered to this Infernal cart!

artofregicide
2013-01-23, 05:35 PM
Initiative Roll:

Rolling initiative: [roll0]

Søren isn't particularly hasty, and the rattling cart and the chaos of the other's actions interrupt his first two attempt to wield the wand before his third time succeeds.

mattie_p
2013-01-23, 07:45 PM
Andreus, shocked by the sudden actions of his fellow prisoners, takes a short period of time to assess his surroundings, assets, and liabilities.

In other words, do we actually have all of our stuff? If so, foolish, foolish goblins.

Initiative: [roll0]

If we have all of our weapons on our persons: Move action to load crossbow.

If not: Move action to leave the cage, headed towards the front of the cart.

Phyzor
2013-01-24, 03:49 AM
Without hesitation Berend-Jan leaves the cart, eager to get his hands on his abductors. It was obvious all of the weapons were taken from them so he didnt even check if his dagger was still on him. It was time for a fist fight!
At leaving the cart he says to his fellow prisoners "Let's get them!"

[roll0]

Bootylicious
2013-01-24, 10:49 AM
After seeing the Lock getting destroyed by the mere touch from one of the prisoners, he's mildly shocked, but quickly get his head around what's it important. He jumps out of the cart, heading straight for his horse, he yells:Don't worry Lily, I'll get you free!

Initiative [roll0]

Reb46
2013-01-24, 02:45 PM
The goblins squeak in surprise as they see you open the door so quickly. Two of them panic and try to flee as soon as they can, with G4, the goblin who spoke Common earlier, shouting at with a stern voice: "You no flee!"

Initiatives:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
Saving throws:
[roll6]
[roll7]
If needed, [roll8]

Phyzor
2013-01-24, 05:10 PM
As Berend-Jan moves to the entrance he notices the fear in the eyes of the goblin to the left. Thats just what he needed to get in the mood, and while leaping out of the wagon he decides to deliver a head butt to that goblin.

He tries to notice where his waraxe is while moving, he feels naked without it in combat.

attacking G6
[roll0]
[roll1]

Reb46
2013-01-24, 05:18 PM
G6 is hit and falls unconscious to the ground. He has your axe at his side. G2 manages to resist the colour spray and runs away to the north, while the other two (G1 and G3) aren't as lucky. It's Andreus' turn now.

mattie_p
2013-01-24, 07:16 PM
Well, no sense in remaining a prisoner when unnecessary. Andreus moves to take advantage of the situation, and strikes.

Move: to I11 on the map (2 squares, provoking AoO unless G5 is flatfooted.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

J-H
2013-01-24, 08:17 PM
Jord follows others out of the wagon, moving to get clear while trying to see who has his sword.

Might provoke an AOO. If I can see the sword, move towards it - action will depend on whether it's being held by a goblin, lying on the ground, etc. Otherwise, J14 so I've got some bushes between Jord and the chatty goblin.

3drinks
2013-01-24, 11:29 PM
So looking at the map, g1 and g3 are still alive, right? If so, I'll take a five foot adjustment to the left, and just take a wild swing at g1.

[spoiler][roll0]
If that hits, then [roll1]

artofregicide
2013-01-25, 04:09 AM
Satisfied with the effect of his magic, Søren exits the cart and produces a small strip of cured leather. A few arcane words and strange hand movements later, a nearly invisible force field can be seen around his body. The wizard makes his way to his familiar, and speaks to him.

"Lord Hellion, please be calm. You're embarrassing both of us. I'll get you free, I just had to assure my own safety before yours."

"As always, my 'thoughtful' and 'benevolent' master. Now will you free me of these cursed bonds?"

"Silence, stupid bird. I'm working on it."

For our exalted GM:

Mechanically, Søren casts mage armor on himself (which should 4 hours, +4 AC armor) and uses his move action to exit the jail cart and move action to reposition next to his still tether raven familiar. Next turn I plan to free him with my dagger.

Bootylicious
2013-01-25, 08:29 AM
Arec jumps out of the cart, turns his head towards the wizard yealling: "I assume you got this under control, i'll get my horse free and then we'll give these rotten goblins what they deserve!"

He run towards his horse and start getting the ropes off it.
"The one running is mine!(G2) try and see if you can save some of yours, i wanna know some more about what have happened to us!"

Reb46
2013-01-25, 11:17 AM
Andreus' punch misses the goblin. G4 charges him with Soren's scythe in hand. Zinc's coup de grace through the bars breaks the incapacitated goblin's neck, killing him outright. Soren and Arec manage to free their companions.

To hit and damage:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Fortunately for Andreus, the swing goes wide to his left

Phyzor
2013-01-25, 01:12 PM
In the motion of his head moving forward to the goblins head, Berend-Jan spots his beloved axe on the goblins side. That gave him even more reason to execute it with more power.

That is MY axe, he exclamates as the goblin falls to the ground. He picks up his axe and is eager to see someone pay for capturing him. Now, who is next? he says while looking around, leaving the unconscious one unharmed for later questioning.
Right now he want to see some goblinblood on his axe.

3drinks
2013-01-25, 07:03 PM
So, who is up anyway? A couple of goblins I think?

Bootylicious
2013-01-26, 03:41 AM
Arec jumps on his horse
Well lily, i think it's time to get our gear back!
He turns towards the goblin who ran away.

He charges it, trying to tramble it with his horse.
Don't have trample, so it's just a natural attack by the horse
1d20
1d4-1

Phyzor
2013-01-27, 04:02 PM
After picking up his axe the goblin next to him was unfortunate enough to stand where he stood. Now you die! he exclamated taking a swing.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
used 2 for a power attack, Berend-Jan is pissed off :)

J-H
2013-01-27, 10:41 PM
Jord moves out the door and starts circling east around the horses to get to the goblin who's got his sword.

I count 12 squares to end up next to the goblin... 60', which is a full round of running (20 x3) for a dwarf, so he'll stop at M6.

artofregicide
2013-01-27, 11:10 PM
Søren turns his wand to the Goblins, and spotting the one with his scythe, the wizard unleashes another barrage of swirling light and color. A vile grin crosses the boy's face as he unleashes some small amount of arcane power unto the unhygienic creature.

However, he takes care not to catch the Druid or the Dwarf in the flash.

"Bow before me, you pathetic subhuman filth!"

His raven perches on Søren's shoulder, and apologies for him loudly.

"What my master means to say is: He is very upset about being abducted and robbed by these unfortunate goblins."

Mechanically: Søren takes a five foot step to (G11); bringing Goblin 4 into range and uses his wand of Colorspray. He angles his attack away from the rest of the party. Then with a move action, he walks over to the Goblin who has his scythe, if the Goblin has fallen. Otherwise, he stays at a distance and readies his dagger if necessary. His familiar perches itself on his body. (From before, I assume that his raven was within 5ft when he cast mage armor so that it is now also benefiting from the spell)

Wand Stats:
Wand of Colorspray: 15ft cone, Will Save DC 15:

2 HD or less: The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.)

3 or 4 HD: The creature is blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, then stunned for 1 round.

5 or more HD: The creature is stunned for 1 round.

mattie_p
2013-01-28, 12:40 AM
Andreus turns to look at the goblin who charged at him from behind. "Hah, one of you will eat my fist, goblin!"

Using flurry of blows on goblins in range. If either goblin was the one who spoke to us, I target that one first with non-lethal blows. If neither one spoke to us, I target the charger with lethal blows. Attack until it drops, max two blows, obviously, if it drops on one hit, target the other one.

to hit: [roll0]
crit? [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

to hit: [roll3]
crit? [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Reb46
2013-01-28, 05:16 PM
Berend's attack misses, barely, but Andreus hits. G4 suffers the non-lethal blow, he then moves to I12 and tries to hit Andreus again.
Arec, meanwhile, manages to catch up with the fleeing goblin who tripped in a bush.

To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

artofregicide
2013-01-28, 05:48 PM
^Add on to above post:

Søren also looks around for his crossbow and any other belongings of his.

Spot: [roll0] and Search: [roll1]

I must have pleased the dice gods!

3drinks
2013-01-28, 10:16 PM
Judging from the fact that Jord has acted already, and I act right after him, is it a safe assumption that my turn is up now? If this is correct, and the map is accurate still, can Zirc take a five foot adjustment from I-8 to I-9, reaching through and roughing the G5 Goblin up there (since, I assume, as it says "Zirc's axe", it is reasonable that such an object would be rather easy to see from here).

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] crit confirm if needed
[roll2]
[roll3] second dice of damage, if critical hit is successful

...If I'm out of turn and not following properly, forgive me, and insert this line of action into the battle plan when my turn comes around?

3drinks
2013-01-28, 10:17 PM
...Awesome. Well doesn't that just suck. <_>