PDA

View Full Version : I need ways to increase spellcraft

Glarnog
2013-01-22, 02:46 PM
My DM is letting the characters make Spellcraft checks to reduce crafting times of magic items. So I'm very interested in ways of increasing it.
Thanks
Glarnog

rockdeworld
2013-01-22, 03:31 PM
+2 synergy from 5 ranks in Knowledge (Arcana)
+2 synergy with scrolls from 5 ranks in UMD
+level+3 from an item familiar (if you invest ranks)
+3 from Skill Focus (Spellcraft)
+2 from Magical Aptitude
+2 circumstance bonus from a masterwork tool, 50gp
+4 insight bonus from Shape Soulmeld: Mage's Spectacles
+2 Spellwise (IIRC Player's Guide to Faerun, Regional)
+30 competence from a custom magic item of spellcraft, 90,000gp

Complimentary Insight (Races of Destiny, Racial Half-Elf) +3 rather than +2 from knowledge (arcana)

The Spell domain (IIRC Player's Guide to Faerun) adds +2 to spellcraft.

Items:
Stone of Good Luck (20000 gp) +1 luck bonus to skill checks.
Pale Green Prism Ioun Stone (30000 gp) +1 competence bonus to skill checks.
Headbands of Intellect and Tomes of Clear Thought both add to Int.

Spells:
The heroism spell (Sor/Wiz) adds a +2 morale bonus to skill checks.
The greater heroism spell (Sor/Wiz) adds a +4 morale bonus to skill checks.
The divine insight Spell (Cleric, lv 2, Complete Adventurer) grants up to +15 to a single skill check.

The Marshall class (Miniature's Handbook) can pick an aura that allows him to add his Cha to all Int-based checks.

Races:
Illumians (Races of Destiny) have a "Power Sigil" ("naen") that adds +2 to Int checks
Deep Imaskari (Underdark), Gray Elves and Sun Elves (Forgotten Realms) get a +2 racial bonus to Int with no LA.

It's worth noting that if this is for an artificer, a shorter crafting time is worse.

Glarnog
2013-01-23, 08:45 AM
Exacty what I wanted it. Thank you. Impressive list. The campaign has a house ruled magic item creation system. My character is a Ranger. So thinking of maybe picking up one cross class Spellcraft and puming the skill check other ways. Thanks for the great reply

-glarnog

Telonius
2013-01-23, 09:58 AM
Have a friendly cleric cast Guidance of the Avatar (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/sb/sb20010504a) on you.

(Note: don't actually try this. On a craft check, it's approximately as cheesy as the infamous "item of continuous true strike.")