PDA

View Full Version : Help building a warforged

Drackstin
2013-01-22, 03:52 PM
Currently i have a lvl 9, 5 paladin / 4 juggernaut, Large Warforged.
28 str
13 dex
24 con
14 int
13 wis
7 chr

feats: alternate casting (str), adamant body, power attack, second slam, jaws of death, sturdy footing

at the moment i planing on finishing juggernaut, and taking 2 lvls of fighter for more feats, cleave being one, and then a lvl of something that has +1BAB, after that i will be lvling into war hulk.

i need some ideas on what other class i should take a lvl in and what feats to get.

i only use my natural attack slams and bite, and i was considering taking multi-attack, and rapidstrike and improved rapidstrike, and a lvl in barb for rage and movment speed.

let me know if you have any ideas that would help.

Aracor
2013-01-22, 04:07 PM
Warforged Juggernaut cannot be mentioned without suggesting Dungeoncrasher fighter from the Dungeonscape book.

Keld Denar
2013-01-22, 04:13 PM
You are large. You have Imp Bullrush for juggernaught. You need Knockback from Races of Stone!

Drackstin
2013-01-23, 08:28 AM
i looked up both of those, as for the dungeon crasher, i never really have a wall to smash anyone into, most battles, about 90% of mine are outside, i have smashed someone through a house once though.

As for knock back, i do like it, it gives me an extra attack on every hit i make, and i may choose to not take it if i have limited targets, but i don't know if its worth the feat

i only have 1 feats to play around with, 2 if i find a class that gives a lvl 1 bounce feat and +1 BAB other then fighter that fits my build.

Vaz
2013-01-23, 08:47 AM
Hmm, what book is Alternate Casting from?

Google is failing me.

With a Strength like that, War Hulk sounds like it would fit. "Throw" (sorry) in hulking hurler as well. Progressing in each grants +2 strength.

Drackstin
2013-01-23, 09:49 AM
I am taking War Hulk, but i am debating to take it at lvl 13 or 14, at 13 ill only have 10 BAB so i would lose out on getting another attack, since war hulk has no BAB.
if i take it at 14, i have one lvl to play around with, but i don't know what to pick.
lvl 11 and 12 are for fighter, i need to take 1 lvl in fighter to get cleave to be able to get into war hulk. im taking the second lvl for the extra BAB and the bounce feat.
so it leaves lvl 13, and i am undecided

Zanthy1
2013-01-23, 09:51 AM
If you want to be very different, trying a level or two in monk. First 2 levels get bonus feats (although only from a predetermined list) and also at level 2 you get evasion, which may not be the best with your dex score, but could never hurt. Also it gives you improved unarmed strike so you can punch people too! (Although not sure what Juggernaut does, and if it gives you relatively the same stuffs, then forget this post)

Vaz
2013-01-23, 09:52 AM
A Skillful weapon gives you free Proficiency and sets your BAB to 3/4. A VERY good enchantment.

Drackstin
2013-01-23, 10:21 AM
being a warforged gives me a natural slam attack that counts as a two-handed weapon. the slam is based on my size ad is 1d6 at large. Juggernaut gives me body spikes for free adding 1d8 to all me attacks, but most of all it gives me Superior bull rush, witch lets me take all my attacks after charging someone, it also has "charge based skills" such as +4 to charge, i add my lvl and double my str, on str checks for bull rush, and i gain a str bounce of 2 size category bigger when i charge or bull rush. although i do like monks saves, the lvls would be a waste for me since lvl 1 is has no BAB, and i don't need unarmed strike since all me attacks are natural.

Aracor
2013-01-23, 10:22 AM
i looked up both of those, as for the dungeon crasher, i never really have a wall to smash anyone into, most battles, about 90% of mine are outside, i have smashed someone through a house once though.

If you're flying, you can bull rush people down, in which case the ground acts as your wall.

Drackstin
2013-01-23, 10:23 AM
from what i am reading skillful weapons enchantment only adds to the crit threat range not the BAB. atm i am using a amulet of natural attack +2, keen, wounding, so it sounds the same as keen to me

Drackstin
2013-01-23, 10:26 AM
i do intent to try and get a wing component, but i dont know if i would be able to, i am working on getting 2 more arms right now and getting haste for more attack.

hoverfrog
2013-01-23, 10:30 AM
How about Artificer and then a few levels of Spellforged? You'll be able to buff yourself up rather than have a spellcaster do it for you. Although with a 7 Charisma I'm not sure you'd qualify as an Artificer.

There's always the option to take two levels of Ranger for 2WF too. You can apply 2WF to thrown weapons.

Drackstin
2013-01-23, 10:51 AM
i have paladin lvls and spells to buff me self, so i wont need to take anything like that, and i cast off my STR so i am good with caster classes.

although ranger dose have +1BAB at lvl 1, it really does not add anything for me

barbarian might be the best chose since it has +1 BAB, rage, and movment making my charges 85 feet, but i wanted to find a class hat has a feat

Vaz
2013-01-23, 10:54 AM
Drackstin, what book is that feat found in, the one that allows Strength Based Casting?

Drackstin
2013-01-23, 10:57 AM
i am not sure what book its in, i will have to check, my DM has the book and suggested it to me.

Drackstin
2013-01-23, 11:09 AM
There's a feat in the 3rd party 3.0 Bastards and Bloodlines that does this: but i don't believe this is where my DM found it, it might have me in a oriental adventure book or a 3ed party book

LOST TRADITION [GENERAL]
You are descended from a group of spellcasters who had very different ways of mastering magic, and you follow in their tradition.
Benefits: Choose one spellcasting class. You may change which ability score governs spellcasting with that class. That ability cannot be changed again.
For example, Meishel Ellazen is a houri cleric. She takes the Lost Tradition feat and chooses to base her clerical spellcasting on Charisma instead of Wisdom. She now uses her Charisma score to determine her bonus spells, spell save DCs, maximum spell level she may cast, and any other calculation regarding her cleric spells.
Special: You can take this feat only at 1st level.

hoverfrog
2013-01-23, 12:06 PM
How are you going to take Barbarian if you're Lawful or are you not a Paladin of Law?

Drackstin
2013-01-23, 12:52 PM
yes i am lawful, so it dose pose a problem, that's one of the reason i am asking for advice on a class to take.