PDA

View Full Version : Quick Half-Drow(PEACH D&D 3.5)

bobthe6th
2013-01-22, 11:07 PM
Ok, Here is a quick retool of the drow. Now you can make your Drizz'it clones without using LA, or irritating the DM.

Half-Drow Traits (Ex)

+2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution.

Medium size.

An Half-Drow’s base land speed is 30 feet.

Darkvision out to 30 feet. This trait replaces the high elf’s low-light vision.

Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects. (Not reflected in the saving throw modifiers given here.)

Spell resistance equal to 5 + class levels, increasing to 10+class level at 10HD.

+2 racial bonus on Will saves against spells and spell-like abilities.

Weapon Proficiency: A Half-drow is automatically proficient with the
Shuriken, the scimitar, and the kikuri.

+2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An Half-Drow who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.

Automatic Languages: Common, Elven. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Gnome, Goblin, and Undercommon.

Favored Class: Ranger.
Level adjustment +0.

This a sane +0 la race? Weak SR until mid levels(I pulled the HD out of my ass, so feel free to sugest a better one), reasonable darkvision, and some cool weapons.

vasharanpaladin
2013-01-23, 12:57 AM
Half-drow is a feat for half-elves found in the back of Drow of the Underdark.

What you're proposing is the lesser drow, which can be found in Player's Guide to Faerun.

bobthe6th
2013-01-23, 08:32 AM
What about a drow/high elf? Also, half elves continue to be terrible.

Also, both those splats are ones I don't own, have read, or wish to have read, so I don't find them relevant.

What do you think of the actual proposed race?

Zale
2013-01-23, 01:38 PM
It seems fine, though the SR may annoy anyone trying to heal them.

vasharanpaladin
2013-01-23, 02:11 PM
What about a drow/high elf? Also, half elves continue to be terrible.

Also, both those splats are ones I don't own, have read, or wish to have read, so I don't find them relevant.

What do you think of the actual proposed race?

Irrelevant.

Perfectly relevant. The fact is that they both already exist, so you lose points for reinventing the wheel.

See above. You're reinventing the wheel, badly I might add, so no kudos for you.

Zale
2013-01-23, 04:30 PM
Irrelevant.

Perfectly relevant. The fact is that they both already exist, so you lose points for reinventing the wheel.

See above. You're reinventing the wheel, badly I might add, so no kudos for you.

Badly?

If you are going to say that, you might as well be clear.

bobthe6th
2013-01-23, 04:33 PM
badly

What is wrong with it? that is the idea of PEACHing after all.

And really, when it comes from a setting specific source book, and a obscure races of spin off, you will find few DMs that uses them. So citing them is a) irrelevant as you so enjoy putting it and b) irritating as it derails the thread and means that if this gets any responses, it will be based on a continuation of your pointless post. Thank you, so very much.

togapika
2013-01-23, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't give spell resistance to a +0 race

bobthe6th
2013-01-23, 06:03 PM
I wouldn't give spell resistance to a +0 race

Its 5+HD, so 25% resistance against equal level foes, which casters usually aren't, going to 50% at level 10...

but why would you not give spell resistance to a +0 race? Is it that brokenly good?

sengmeng
2013-01-24, 01:37 PM
How about a template, so you can make half-drow humans and half-drow elves? (or other possibilities, depending on squick tolerance).

Debihuman
2013-01-25, 06:17 AM
It seems fine, though the SR may annoy anyone trying to heal them.

Creatures can voluntarily lower SR if they choose.

Debby