PDA

View Full Version : Villains! (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

The_Admiral
2013-01-23, 09:22 AM
Empire City, a melting pot of good and evil. Where people, not all of them humans of all stripes mingle in a spicy pit, producing a city unlike any other.

Darkstep strides amidst his 'army' of ninjas in a spacious, sealed off chamber in Empire City's sewage system.

Arnold sits in his ridiculously over-sized office, with absolutely nothing important coming up. No really, elections are two years away and his mob basically runs itself.

Vivienne relaxes on the roof of Cosmic Tower also with nothing important to do. A big party's coming up in a week and a museum opening in two days.

(Remember, you act, I react. This is a sandbox, so GO CRAZY!)

Glarx
2013-01-23, 10:07 AM
Five hundred fifty stories in the air, with fifty extending into the ground. Constructed of an alloy she'd had to synthesize herself, it was possibly the tallest building on Earth. The interior was black marble and velvet curtains, Gothic architecture and furnishings. Gargoyles festooned the exterior, the defense system hidden when deactivated. And on the roof there was a heated pool.

Vivienne smiled. It was a good tower.

Chasing after her brother had gotten tiresome. She needed a place to set up shop and wreak havoc such that he'd have to show up.

In two days a museum was opening. She got out of the pool and went to get dressed, putting on a nice dress with excellent shoes.

"Midas, will you deactivate the museum's security?" she asked, attaching her earrings.

It is as you ask," he replied through the neutrinos.

Smiling, Vivienne opened a portal to the Museum. It was time to eat.

Midas can use datalink and his computer skill to deactivate the security system. So long as Viv knows the name of the Museum, She can use Teleport to get to the stockroom.

The_Admiral
2013-01-23, 10:36 AM
(Why do all your plans seem to attract the attention of teams?)

Glarx
The systems deactivates and Vivienne strides into the empty stock room. Rows and rows of crates line the warehouse.

Roll notice

Glarx
2013-01-23, 10:51 AM
for Vivienne.
If there are cameras, [roll]1d20+30[/roll for Midas.

The_Admiral
2013-01-23, 11:18 AM
Glarx

A single crate drops behind you quite loudly and you hear the sound of someone scrambling into the ventilation ducts.

The crate cracks open, revealing a golden chalice packed in bubblewrap.

drack
2013-01-23, 11:26 AM
Darkstep walks slowly through the remnants of his army. Most of his followers were throughout the city quietly entwining themselves with the dark shadows so the night. They were one, but they were apart, he could know what they were doing as easily as seeing through his ow eyes, and yet they were separate, sinking into the atmosphere with the sound of the subwoofer of the illegal concert in the basement above.

Calmly Darkstep sits beside the streams of excrement, and focuses his mind on the heartbeat of the city, on all that his brethren see throughout it.

Just noticing that I think I have about nothing on notice skills :smalltongue:

Ah well, lets go with a squad of five bikers for now
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
(I'll most often be using squads of 5 or 10 of my standard ninjas. 5 normal, 10 for extreme cases.)

Glarx
2013-01-23, 11:55 AM
Vivienne closed her eyes and channeled the force of Entropy for a moment, beginning the process of teleporting herself into the ventilation duct. "Midas, do you know anything about the golden chalice? And could you contact Mr. Roth and ask if he's involved in this museum in any way?" She spoke through the manipulation of neutrinos, without a verbal component.

"It is as you ask," he replied, searching through his databanks for an answer whilst simultaneously calling Mr. Roth's secretary.

Viv will use her full-round action to teleport herself into the ventilation duct, using her free action to switch arrays so that Transmutation is active. She'll also use another free action to speak with Midas via their Communication link. He will take 20 on his knowledge check (with Quickness, I believe that's a stated ability) to reveal the answer, if it is known. He'll do Art, Current Events, History, Popular Culture, Technology and Philosophy. Additionally, he'll call Arnold Roth's secretary.

Dienekes
2013-01-23, 12:07 PM
Roth sat back and relaxed, the mornings newspaper in his hand. It was all information he already knew, of course, but he did so enjoy reading how wrong the reporters mangled their stories.

Some more nonsense about a rally through Delto City in honor of some new hero, Action Warrior, apparently. Why do they come up with these ridiculous names? Action Warrior, it's not even original sounding. He shook his head as he turned the page, an advertisement for Wednesday's museum opening. He'd have to attend, of course, he was one of the museums principle sponsors. It was a delicate balance these events. Roth had to put just enough money into them to appear altruistic without ever revealing just how wealthy he truly was.

Ah well, at least it will give him something to do. Which reminded him.

"Bonnie," he said as he hit the button on his intercom to reach his secretary. "My office."

Within moments the door opened "Yes Mister Roth?" said the cute young brunette.
Mind Reading my own minion, just as an example of Roth's carefulness.
I control her, so I think I can have her autofail the save.
Roth quickly reads her mind verifying that she's not holding any recording devices and that for the time being she has no intention of betraying him.

"Would you be so kind as to send the word out that the museum opening is not to be meddled with?"

"To who do you want this sent Mister Roth?"

"The ones in costume. They have a tendency to want to disrupt these sorts of affairs. Oh, and would you verify if any of the local hero element will be attending the opening? I believe there is an entire section dedicated to them. 'Super-heroics History in the Making' I believe it was called."

"Do you want them not to come?"

"Quite the contrary, it will be good for the people to see their heroes socializing with the cities elite, it makes them think we're all on the same side. That will be all, Bonnie."

"Of course, I'll get on it right away Mister Roth."

"Thank you Bonnie," he says returning to his paper.

Edit: New information from Glarx.

As soon as Bonnie sits down her phone rings, line number 6, the one for the costumes. She gulped as she picked up the phone. "Mister Roth's office, this is Bonnie speaking, how may I help you?"

Glarx
2013-01-23, 12:13 PM
"This is Midas. I require the attention of Mr. Roth."

The_Admiral
2013-01-23, 12:14 PM
drack
There are two parts of the city, the good part and the bad part. The good part is very quiet, peaceful, everything a nice place should be. The bad part however, there are three main gangs fighting for control over it. The Smilers, Slashers and some strange mob like gang.

Each gang roughly controls about a third of the section and are constantly fighting each other.

Glarx
The chalice belongs to Lord Doctor Arthur Barnes Junior, PHD in Archeology. It's one of his many donations from the Barnes collection to this new museum.

The Barnes collection is known as one of the most extensive personal collection of historical artifacts in the world.

The chalice is from the middle ages, it belonged to a minor European noble. It has a pretty uninteresting history otherwise.

You appear in the ventilation duct, it is slightly cramped. Whoever scrambled into it, has most likely made more than one corner. Unless you guess right, the person you're chasing is gone.

Dienekes
2013-01-23, 12:23 PM
"Of course, he should be with you in a minute."

She hit the intercom, the noise startling Roth for a second. "Mister Roth?"

"What is it Bonnie?"

"I have a call for you."

"Tell them I'm busy," he said as he flipped to the next page of his paper.

"It's line 6, sir. A Mister Midas?"

"Fine, switch them in," he put down his paper and grabbed his phone. "This is Roth, to what do I owe the pleasure Midas? Your mistress in more trouble?"

Glarx
2013-01-23, 12:32 PM
"The St. Monmarch Museum. My mistress wishes to know how valuable it is to you."

Meanwhile, Vivienne raised a finger to the air and transmuted the air in front of her, through the whole of the ventilation duct, into argon. It would take some time before the body would shut down from oxygen deprivation, but without the resulting build-up of CO2 the fleeing individual shouldn't feel any ill effects. She asked Midas, through the neutrinos, to scan the building for radio frequencies. He complied.

It was scrambled, but that didn't deter Midas. He began to attempt to datalink with the communicator.

The_Admiral
2013-01-23, 12:54 PM
Glarx

Midas is rudely and unceremoniously from the museum's security systems as they start up again.

Just before he is booted out, he notices a series of alarms tripping in quick succession up a nearby elevator shaft, leading straight to the roof.

Vivienne is surrounded by red lasers, many broken by her body. The ventilation system starts filling with a green gas and alarms go off. Very loud alarms.

Glarx
2013-01-23, 01:07 PM
This surprised Vivienne, but as she didn't need to breathe, she didn't particularly care. Channeling her power, she teleported to the roof of the building.

Midas began to assault the Museum's mainframe.

drack
2013-01-23, 01:19 PM
Darkstep rolls his shoulders irritably. "Great, just great, another stomping song..." Flecks fall from the ceiling above him, but he continues focusing, meeting the neighbors was one thing, but it was always best to know what you're getting into first. His thirst for vengeance had grown cold with time, and no longer was he a man for chances.

They will continue to scout the city for any consumed crusaders, or signs of trouble. Meanwhile three other groups will dispatch to gather information about the three gangs in the worse part of town.

smiler

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

slashers

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

mob

[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

The_Admiral
2013-01-23, 01:28 PM
Glarx
She sees a dark figure catapulting out of the ventilation shaft over the side of the building as the door to the roof is busted down. Two panting and armed security guards notice and pull their guns on her.

drack
smiler

DAKKA GANG. Blow stuff up a lot. Leader is a pryomaniac named John Doe.

They are facing problems from a new upstart 'gang' more of a charity service really. Cleaning up the hood and all that. Not telling the other two they have problems with them.

Slasher

Kinda crazy. Like whacko crazy, uses knives almost exclusively. Leader changes weekly.

They are facing problems from a new upstart 'gang' more of a charity service really. Cleaning up the hood and all that. Not telling the other two they have problems with them.

Mob

Most professional of them all. Leader unknown.

Glarx
2013-01-23, 01:33 PM
The Princess held up a hand. Midas revealed the location of the van to her, but it didn't matter to her. Apparently Bonnie hadn't replied yet.

"Your culprit is heading down to a van on the ground floor. Unfortunately, they've probably escaped by now. Congratulations. You are inept."

The_Admiral
2013-01-23, 01:47 PM
Glarx
"Sorry ma'am, but if so, you still have to come with us to answer some questions." one of the guards say.

Dienekes
2013-01-23, 01:47 PM
"The museum? Listen to me, get Vivienne out of there. That was supposed to be a symbol of prosperity and peace to distract the population from you super villain types."

Glarx
2013-01-23, 01:49 PM
"That's fascinating, but no. I will be taking the elevator back down, however. Do you know what amuse-bouche will be served at the opening?"

Midas told Vivienne what Roth said. She then related what she wanted said, and he said it to Mr. Roth. "There was already a thief here, Mr. Roth. He was chased away by my mistress. She has injured no one, although two guards have their guns pointed at her. She will not be held responsible for what happens to them. Furthermore, the thief was not working alone. At least one of their numbers is a hacker of unrivaled skill. They may be targeting you. Be warned."

drack
2013-01-23, 01:54 PM
Darkstep relaxes slightly as the stomping above gives way to the relentless music.

Calmly he commands the last 5 ninja transit team to recall the other three, and to see what they can find on this new upstart gang.

gather info
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Dienekes
2013-01-23, 02:12 PM
"Tell Vivienne to let the guards take her. She's a princess, she has diplomatic immunity and can't be charged with anything. Do not make the museum a bloodbath!"

Glarx
2013-01-23, 02:14 PM
"I will pass on your recommendation."

Dienekes
2013-01-23, 02:37 PM
"Dammit," Roth said as he slammed his phone down. "Bonnie," he snarled into his machine "Call the car."

In a few minutes he was in his limousine straightening out his suit jacket two bodyguards sitting across from him.

"Where two boss?"

"Take me to the museum, Al, I have a feeling there's going to be trouble."

The_Admiral
2013-01-23, 10:27 PM
drack
This new gang is, strange, most of the members seem to have military training, and not what passes for it in Darkstep's homeland, actual professional military training and they're making great use of it.

They also don't seem to be doing much gangy stuff.

Dienekes
You arrive at the museum, to a scene of panicking security guards and the ridiculously loud alarms.

Glarx
The guards lead you to an average sized office. A slightly overweight man sitting at the desk. He gestures you to sit at the desk.

Glarx
2013-01-23, 10:29 PM
She raised an eyebrow as she listened to Midas, deciding not to kill the guards. Yet. But their inability to listen to English was noted. Vivienne remained standing.

"What is your name," she said in an authoritative tone, glowering at the overweight man behind the desk.

[roll0] Intimidate.

drack
2013-01-23, 10:43 PM
Darkstep shifts slightly looking somewhat uncomfortable until suddenly a grin erupts across his face, bringing with is a deep an sinister laughter that fills the sewers... or at least it would were it not drowned out by the music above. :smalltongue:

One piece was left to fit into place though, without which it would be incomplete, and or that last piece he would need an information gatherer of the highest caliber.

Chuckling to himself Darkstep sends out one of the returned ninja squads to find such a person. Someone with their fingers on the pulse of this city, known by less then half as many as they know of, and feared for the power that their knowledge holds.

gather information

you don't really look at these do you? :smalltongue:

The_Admiral
2013-01-23, 11:18 PM
Glarx
Scared out of his pants he straightens his tie, saying "Bill Mays, I'm in charge of security."

drack
You find nothing, absolutely nothing.

No I made the rolls for you, now however I have no number of rolls to make so leaving it. Good one though.

Glarx
2013-01-23, 11:23 PM
"My name is Princess Vivienne Verata," she began, finally taking a seat. "I had a friend over, Midas Milligan, who was showing me an invention he thought my husband might be interested in investing in. During the display I... was teleported, it would seem, into your museum. I regret that sincerely. However, when I appeared I saw a thief in your stockroom. He escaped off the roof-top to a van, although I couldn't see anything else. I'm unsure how I got to the rooftop, but presumably it was Dr. Milligan's invention again. Now, I dearly wish to see the opening of the museum occur according to schedule, and I know you'd do nothing to jeopardize that, but your security relies too heavily on electronic means, I fear. While cost-effective, it doesn't seem to be enough to prevent invasion."

Vivienne looked around the room. "They may be back. I'm unsure. But you may want an expert to inspect the collection downstairs for tampering. One crate fell and a chalice fell out. It could be that the thief switched the chalice for a fake before I arrived."

Taking 10 on Bluff. DC 40.

drack
2013-01-23, 11:40 PM
Darkstep takes his defeat in step, after all it is quite hard for an outsider such as he to learn a city in a day but reckless as his plan was it was worth a try.

Five Ninjas cross through to John Doe's territory, four will hang back as the fifth walks up to members of the smiler gang. "Hello" he greets them "Would you mind taking me to this Mr. John Doe that I hear so much of?"

Was worth a try, after all only noticed I had messed up the last one after you had posted. :smallbiggrin:

Dienekes
2013-01-24, 12:31 AM
Roth walked out of his limo and straightened his bow-tie. "Al, find a way to turn off that alarm."

"Sure thing, boss," the driver said as he walked to talk to a few of the security guards.

Looking over the area he noticed no one was dying, yet. There was still a chance this could all be smoothed over. Walking past the security guards into the blaring building it didn't take him long to hear Vivienne berating one of the guards. He relaxed, rolling his head forward in a sigh of relief before he straightened back up, and made sure he looked like the upstanding politician he was supposed to be before he turned the corner.

"Vivienne there you are, we were all so worried for you." Noticing the security guards scared expression he put on a tight-lipped smirk and quickly read his mind in search of his name.
DC 20 to resist subtle 2 so the guard doesn't know what I'm doing.

Glarx
2013-01-24, 12:32 AM
"Mr. Mays, I presume you are familiar with Mr. Roth? A dear friend, present at Dr. Milligan's teleportation experiment. I trust you won't be investing in him, Arnold? The damned thing brought me to the basement of a museum."

Dienekes
2013-01-24, 12:45 AM
"Ahh thank you so much Mr. Mays for finding her. We will see you suitably rewarded for your help. Why losing her highness could have started an international incident! You have made a great many friends today, Mr. Mays, the nation is in you're debt. We'll be watching your career very closely. I'm certain with a man of your talents there's no way that the true culprits will get away."

Putting his arm protectively around Vivienne he started moving her toward the exit away from the bewildered security guard. Still smirking he softly whispered into the girls ear. "When we get out of here, you and I will be having a little talk."

Glarx
2013-01-24, 12:53 AM
Vivienne laughed softly and continued to walk with Arnold. "I look forward to it. I have been bored," she replied, equally softly.

The_Admiral
2013-01-24, 12:53 AM
drack
"You wanna speak to the boss, you has to go through us first." one of the gang members say, cocking his gun.

roll initiative.

Glarx/Dienekes
Mr Mays looks onwards befuddled as the Comptroller leads Vivienne away.

Dienekes
2013-01-24, 01:02 AM
Still smirking Roth leads Vivienne to his car, where Al and his guards were already in wait. A group of cameramen were already setting up around the museum, snapping pictures to cover the commotion. Seeing Roth with the beautiful girl on his arm a million questions where shouted at once.

Roth gave the crowd a small wave before getting into his car.

As soon as the door shut the smile turned into a snarl. "And what, pray tell, where you doing in my museum?"

Glarx
2013-01-24, 01:05 AM
"I was considering eating all of the relics inside, or perhaps turning the shelves into iron oxide. Of course, I did ask if it was yours before I started, but there was something of a delay between your response and my action. How fortuitous that it thwarted an attempted thief." If she was worried about his snarl, it didn't show. There was the same normal boredom etched into her face as per usual. She ran a finger over her necklace in contemplation.

Dienekes
2013-01-24, 01:10 AM
"We had an agreement Vivienne, you use my resources to find that man of yours, and you don't pull idiotic stunts like this in my city."

He took a second to calm down before continuing. "So tell me honestly, this thief is real then, and not some ploy to cover yourself in front of that idiot security guard?"

Glarx
2013-01-24, 01:14 AM
"The agreement was that I would kill whoever you needed and you would provide me with the resources," she corrected, tone still level. "And it has been too long since there's been anything interesting in this city. As for the thief, the little bastard is part of a team. They're good, too -- their hacker disconnected Midas from the mainframe. There are only two individuals in the city who could perform this feat. Henry Houdini -- no relation -- and Harry Halloway. Initial evidence points towards Mr. Halloway.

"Supposedly there's a crew of thieves in the city, helping people by robbing big companies. Have you heard anything about this, prior to our conversation?"

http://image.funscrape.com/images/k/keira_knightley_26547.jpg
Surly? Bored? You decide!

Dienekes
2013-01-24, 01:23 AM
"Vivienne, you can teleport. If your bored with the peace I've brought here, send yourself to that rathole, Delto City. I hear they have a new superhero who thinks he can actually change things. Take a few days, I'll send my men out to look for these thieves. I'll call you back if your services are required."

Glarx
2013-01-24, 01:27 AM
"And leave my lovely tower?" She finally looked over at Arnold. "I may bring Delto City's hero to Empire City, though. That may be interesting. Or I could leap to the farthest reaches of the universe. I can go wherever I want, Arnold. The location doesn't matter anymore. There simply needs to be enough chaos to draw him to me."

Dienekes
2013-01-24, 01:34 AM
"How many years have you tried that? Two-three generations? A couple centuries? More?" Arnold shook his head. "Your way doesn't work, mine might. And if I fail, what do you lose? I'll die of old age and it won't be even a blip on your timeline. Patience, princess, if there's one person I know who can afford to be patient it's you."

Glarx
2013-01-24, 01:36 AM
She giggled. "I'm very patient. I stopped actively looking for him, didn't I? Settled down, erected a tower over a mile into the air just to taunt other architects. But now, darling, I am extremely bored." Vivienne turned her attention back to the window. "I think I'll go to Delto City. They have a nuclear reactor, don't they?"

Dienekes
2013-01-24, 01:48 AM
"Well outside the city limits, but yes." As he talked he quickly thought about what a visit from her could do to Delto City, and more importantly how he could turn it into his advantage. Rebuilding opportunities, charity scams, yes he could work with that.

"Enjoy yourself, and when you've cured your boredom we can get back to more important matters."

Glarx
2013-01-24, 01:51 AM
"Yes, like Empire City's reactors..." she said to herself, more to toy with Arnold than anything else. "I'll make my way to Delto City once we get to your building. If anyone is following us, I don't want them asking where I disappeared to during a car ride."

The_Admiral
2013-01-24, 03:02 AM
Glarx/Dienekes

The car finally arrives at Arnold's oversized office building.

Glarx
2013-01-24, 03:05 AM
"Ciao," she said with a grin before teleporting to the Cosmic Tower. Once there, she went about disguising herself, putting on a rarely-worn red flamenco dress and eye covering. Taking her time to disguise herself, Vivienne then instructed Midas to disconnect the Cosmic Tower from the internet and to lock the building down, initiating the force field. Afterwards, she ripped a portal in time and space to Delto City, aiming for the outskirts of town. Once opened, she walked through it.

It is a mundane disguise, DC51 to breach. She's taking 20.

The_Admiral
2013-01-24, 06:20 AM
Glarx
Delto City, a city that has seen better days. A spicy cesspool of crime and villainy. Vivienne appears a few miles north the city in the grasslands surrounding it.

The nuclear power station is a few more miles further north, she sees a school bus driving towards the station on a turnoff from the highway.

drack
2013-01-24, 06:30 AM
Initiative [roll0]

The_Admiral
2013-01-24, 06:59 AM
dreck
The two gangsters pull out shotguns and open fire on your ninja.

Roll(1d20)+5:
3,+5
Total:8

Roll(1d20)+5:
18,+5
Total:23

If hit, toughness save dc 20

what kind of ninja are you using?

drack
2013-01-24, 07:31 AM
"Darkstep ninja" is the sheet label.

toughness save [roll0]

The ninja dodges the first shot, trusting in the shadows around it to absorb the second as it gathers more of those shadows forming them into a shuriken to toss at the first gangster.
[roll1]
toughness save is DC 25

The other four ninjas will continue to watch, keeping an eye out for anyone taking interest in the fight

notice:
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

The_Admiral
2013-01-24, 09:29 AM
drack
The shuriken miss the gangsters. Two more shots are fired at your ninjas and miss.

Suddenly, a figure leaps out of the shadows behind the smilers, and grabs both their necks, electrocuting and knocking them to the ground.

Moving into a fighting stance, recognizable as one taught by Darkstep's ninja clan the figure says in a gruff voice, "Tell me where is your leader, and I might let you go."

Intimidate

Roll(1d20)+12:
14,+12
Total:26

Glarx
2013-01-24, 09:54 AM
Vivienne took a moment to channel the exotic radiation around her, taking to the skies. At her speed, it would take less than six seconds to get there, and thus she did. Making sure the guards saw the flamenco dress and ability to fly was very important. It screamed supervillainy.

The_Admiral
2013-01-24, 10:20 AM
Glarx
The bus halts as the guards raise their rifles and fires at you.

Out on the north side of the facility, you see a large group of bored teenagers being ushered out of the building, oblivious to the gunfire.

rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

If hit, DC 20 Toughness check with autofire modifier.

Glarx
2013-01-24, 10:41 AM
The bullets ripped into the flamenco dress and pierced through from almost all of the guards. The cosmic power fueling her stitched all of this back together, however, and flew towards the guards, setting herself down inside the fence and within 100 feet of them. "I'm not armed," she said, channeling the cosmic forces and flooding the area with radiation, selectively deflecting the radiation from their radiation detection badges. "There are better ways to meet girls. Buying her a drink, offering her Australia -- you don't have to shoot her."

Radiation Burst, as detailed over Skype.

The_Admiral
2013-01-24, 11:05 AM
Glarx
One of the guards collapses, as his friends run towards the door, firing at you. More bullets rip through Vivienne's body, the holes quickly repaired by the cosmic radiation.

Glarx
2013-01-24, 11:06 AM
She took a moment to prepare for when the guards running for the installation would be within range for a full burst. "Yes, because that worked so marvelously the first time, didn't it? Where are your heroes, your saviors? Surely this planet has SOMEONE worth fighting!"

With any luck, that would get their attention.

Dienekes
2013-01-24, 11:27 AM
Roth walked into his building and headed to his office. Sitting behind his desk he picked up a remote and turned on a large tv he held in the corner. Flipping to a Delto City news station he he put the volume down while reporters were talking about the mess some celebrity made of their lives.

The things that pass for news these days.

"Bonnie," Roth called.

"Yes sir?"

"Have you informed everyone that the museum is not to be touched?"

"Yes, I just got off the phone with the last one."

"Excellent, would you get the mayor on the line for me please?" A few minutes later he was patched to the mayors office. "Mayor Thompson, a pleasure, I need you to give some medal to one Mr. Mays of the new museum's security. He selflessly fended the museum against a group of highly organized thieves, and rescued a princess in the process. My secretary will send you over the details I want you to touch upon for the press. I believe you can handle it from there? Of course, thank you mayor."

"Bonnie," he called again. "I need to put a feeler out, any information on anyone attempting to break into the museum, also the locations of two men. One Henry Houdini and one Harry Halloway."

Gather Information checks. With my Contacts ability I can take 20s on them in only 20 minutes. I have an hour to spare here so taking 20 on all of them.

So Gather Info: 46.

The_Admiral
2013-01-24, 11:54 AM
(Screw you caffeine, screw you.)

Dienekes
There's an apartment over an Irish bar named O'brien's registered in Harry's name. Well, he owns the entire lot, so technically he owns the bar too.

Henry however is a ghost. The only way you can contact him is through countless proxies and only through text. He never appears in person and always gets the job done. Nobody knows where he lives, the latest photo of him is a year old blurry surveillance camera mugshot.

Glarx
The rest of the guards collapse from the radiation as they attempt to make it into the facility.

The facility goes into lockdown.

Glarx
2013-01-24, 01:47 PM
Vivienne turned around and a blast of invisible radiation burst near the last remaining guard before she moved towards the facility. There was no motion that accompanied it, just a willing of the cosmos, so anyone on camera would only see the woman in a bullet-riddled flamenco dress staring at people and them falling to the ground.

If the lockdown included a door, she would teleport beyond it. If not, she would transmute the air in the doorway into an incredibly dense alloy several elements beyond human understanding.

In other words, something very dense and not very voluminous -- the stuff the Cosmic Tower is made of, in other words.

The_Admiral
2013-01-24, 02:06 PM
Glarx
Vivienne appears in front of a bunch of panicking guards who again open fire on her.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

DC 20 with autofire mod if hit.

drack
2013-01-24, 05:11 PM
The ninja stiffens "I am the master of ninjas in this city."

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think them being frenetic makes the intimidate thing not work... also I don't think I need to roll bluff if it's a true statement, even on a technicality do I? :smalltongue:

Dienekes
2013-01-24, 05:45 PM
After gathering his information he sat for a moment, thinking of his next move. No information about who would try and steal from the museum, and barely any information about this Houdini character. Finally he had an idea, it was a gamble but it would have to do for now.

Opening his desk he picked up one of nearly a dozen cellphones none of which were registered to him. Dialing a well used number he heard the familiar voice of the Don answer. "It's me, Charlie, call me on a safe line as soon as you're able."

Glarx
2013-01-24, 10:58 PM
"Will you people stop ruining my dress?!" she screamed, flesh stitching itself back together and radiation flooding the area. She was careful to only affect the guards. "All I want is to go on a tour of this stupid facility and you people keep shooting me! Well fine! If you think the Eastern Rose shouldn't be allowed to go on a tour, then we'll see whether you can stand up to the thorns!"

The_Admiral
2013-01-25, 12:21 AM
drack
Under his mask, your ninja can see the figure smirk as he rushes the ninja.
The figure makes a grab for the ninja.

[roll0]

If it hits, make a fort save, DC 20

Dienekes
A few minutes later you get a call back

"Hey Arnie, this is Charlie, what do ya want?"

Glarx
Three of the guards collapse from the radiation as the other two fall back deeper into the building, firing at you.

[roll1]
[roll2]

drack
2013-01-25, 07:55 AM
The ninja stands there unflinching. "Do you have business with me?"
[roll0]

Glarx
2013-01-25, 11:53 AM
She sighed and set off another subtle blast of radiation, walking towards the men. "I wonder how they'll remember you in history -- the men who caused the Delto City massacre. I can hardly be blamed for it, you're the ones who started shooting. And all these school children, do they deserve to see you shooting an innocent woman? You're monsters. Each and every one of you."

Dienekes
2013-01-25, 03:39 PM
"Thank you for your haste, Charlie. I know you're a busy man. I have a small pest problem. I hope I will be able to deal with it alone, but if I can't I may need to call upon you, will you be busy over the next couple of days? You'll be doing me a favor."

The_Admiral
2013-01-25, 08:08 PM
Dienekes
"For you? Naaah"

Glarx
They collapse, nobody else is in the hallway.

drack
He jumps back, entering a defensive stance. "Your master, the murderer, where is he?"

Glarx
2013-01-25, 08:10 PM
Cracking her neck, Vivienne closed the passage behind her, converting the air into concrete. Thereafter, she continued to move on towards the reactor, following whatever signs or markers there were. She also began to whistle. It just seemed appropriate.

drack
2013-01-25, 08:22 PM
The ninja laughs, a dark little chuckle that is echoed by the other four ninjas who appear on the surrounding walls. "We are all murderers my friend." glancing at the two men the ninja adds "Perhaps even you more recently among us."

Dienekes
2013-01-25, 08:27 PM
"Thank you Charlie. And as I said, it might be nothing, just giving you a fair warning. I'll contact you as soon as I have more information." After giving the customary goodbyes, Roth once more hits for Bonnie.

"Call up Al, tell him to bring a less conspicuous car around."

"You going out again? Busy day for you isn't it?"

"They give me a reason to wake up in the morning. What would this city do without me?"

In a few minutes was outside his building in jeans and a t-shirt, a hidden gun tucked away. Sitting next to his driver

"Where to AR?"

"A bar called O'Briens."

"Huh, not like you to slum it, should I be expectin' some gun play?"

"I don't think so but it's best to be prepared."

The_Admiral
2013-01-25, 08:41 PM
Glarx
YOu arrive in the reactor room with no other resistance.

Dienekes
(TRANSITION!)
You pull up to the bar.
Roll notice

Glarx
2013-01-25, 08:43 PM
"Midas, how much weapon-grade plutonium will I need to replace the core with in order to wipe out Delto City?" she asked via neutrinos, all the while looking around at the room.

He will take 20 on Knowledge (Physical Science).

The_Admiral
2013-01-25, 09:00 PM
Glarx
A lot, you can do it though.

A middle aged man teleports into the reactor room. You recognize him as one of the teachers herding the students.

His eyes glow with arcane power as he says, "Sister, halt this foolishness."

drack
"Not talking then, fair enough." he replies, unperturbed by the comment.

He seemingly vanishes into the shadows and reappears in front of the ninja, throwing a punch.

Make a toughness save, DC 23

Dienekes
2013-01-25, 10:12 PM
Notice
[roll0]

God dammit, this is why I take 20s every bloody chance I have.

drack
2013-01-25, 10:24 PM
The ninja doesn't hesitate, and the whole squad counterattacks in unison.

Toughness
[roll0]

Attack/damage
[roll1]/DC 25 (toughness)
[roll2]/DC 25
[roll3]/DC 25
[roll4]/DC 25
[roll5]/DC 25
Edit: if he falls unconscious prior to death I'll halt the barrage of blows and take him unconscious)

The_Admiral
2013-01-25, 11:08 PM
drack
He weaves and he bobs, he bobs and he weaves. he effortlessly dodges three punches, blocking a fourth and catching a fifth to his gut.

Jumping back, he tosses a small sphere to the ground, filling the area with a blinding light.

Ref save DC 20 or be BLINDED!

Dienekes
You notice a well dressed man exiting the bar, only catching a quick enough glance to notice that he is well dressed with brown hair.

Glarx
2013-01-25, 11:24 PM
Vivienne's demeanor changed drastically. "You've been remarkably difficult to find, you know. Where is my jewelry?"

drack
2013-01-25, 11:36 PM
The ninjas cringe back from the light, attacking where the man had been (or whee he is if not blinded)

Reflex
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

attack
[roll5] DC 25 toughness save
[roll6] DC 25 toughness save
[roll7] DC 25 toughness save
[roll8] DC 25 toughness save
[roll9] DC 25 toughness save
Sadly I forget the mechanics of concealment in this game :smalltongue:

The_Admiral
2013-01-25, 11:37 PM
Glarx
The man glowers saying, "Safe, but sister if you keep this up, I do not think you will ever have them back."

Suddenly you hear a female voice shouting, "HEY JERK LADY, DON'T HURT PROFESSOR T!" turning around, you see a short red-headed female, wearing a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers, charging at you with a baseball bat.

She swings it over her head, connecting with yours with a sharp crack.

"Anna!" your brother shouts in concern.

DC 17 toughness save.

Introducing the first member of the team opposing you.

drack
(Please hold)

Glarx
2013-01-25, 11:42 PM
[roll0] When that fails, my regeneration will repair me.

Vivienne ignored the girl. "I knew you couldn't withstand the urge to return to Earth. You cooed with delight when Father proposed Life, do you recall? And he promised you the Beginning, and he promised me the End. But enough -- I long only to be whole again. Return my jewelry."

Dienekes
2013-01-25, 11:51 PM
Roth reads the brown haired guys mind, for any information about Harry and hacking and all that jazz. Will save negates DC 20.

The_Admiral
2013-01-26, 12:26 AM
Glarx
"No and that is final sister" he replies. "ANNA GET OUT!" he shouts.

The girl drops the bat and backs up in fear.

Dienekes
You hit a blank wall. You also notice the man turning to make a quick glance at him. You recognize him as Lord Doctor Arthur Barnes Junior. One of the people donating several artifacts to your museum.

drack
Another punch to the gut for the man, and the not blinded dudes can see that he wears a black protective helmet and a full body suit.

The man, tosses a dart at one of your ninjas, hitting him and knocking him unconscious. He then jumps further back into the alley.

Glarx
2013-01-26, 12:30 AM
"Then I will destroy this planet, brother. I am Entropy. You are the Alpha, but I am the Omega. Even without my jewelry, I can see to it this whole world falls to the darkness of oblivion. And will you callously see that fate? Are you powers of creation so perfect you can recreate the dead? An entire planet? Or will you simply construct a new one in its place?" She scoffed and cracked her neck. "I will unravel my power from the artifacts, and when I have returned to equal footing with you, we will see who Father favored." Vivienne began to convert the floor into weaponized plutonium.

drack
2013-01-26, 12:44 AM
The remaining ninjas fade slightly becoming semi-transparent, allowing the man to escape.

Whoops, not really sure how the bloke went unconscious, but looking back to tally up damage I noticed that I accidentally rolled fort saves (+0) as toughness (+10), so the one he was fighting probably fell to something nasty anyways :smalltongue:

Anywho the fading is slight dimensional shift to one visible and such from ours, but detached.

The_Admiral
2013-01-26, 01:16 AM
Glarx
"Yes I do know that this whole world shall fall into oblivion, that cannot be denied or stopped but why hasten the end? Why not enjoy this temporal beauty, for such people have such short lives, but what beauty they create in these lives from day to day, merely by living it. This, it seems you shall never understand sister with your obsession with death."

He snaps his fingers and the world goes translucent, the view of the world around quickly being replaced with a blackness.

You see five teenagers along with you in the room. The red headed girl who attacked you, A male in a white baseball jersey and slacks. Another male in a blue t-shirt and jeans, A third dude in a green football jersey and regular jeans, and a second female wearing a yellow blouse and skinny jeans.

Your brother glances to them from you a few times until he makes a decision, he snaps his fingers and they turn into multicoloured bolts of energy. he says, "if you truly want to destroy, then you shall," visibly exhausted from the feat of magic. He turns into a ball of light and warps out of the dimension.

The dimension seemingly collapses and you find yourself outside the city, where you teleported in, hours later.

Dimension shift the entire room. Also the kids ain't from Detro City.

drack
A car leaps out of the dead end, drive through your ninjas and drives off.

He was hoping for a chase

Glarx
2013-01-26, 01:26 AM
While Vivienne was captured and placed in stasis by her brother -- at no small cost to himself -- a private jet docked in the Cosmic Tower hangar. While the Miser system had shut down as the link between it and Vivienne was severed, the tower itself still stood as a mile-high edifice of wonder in the middle of Empire City. Stepping off her jet, Saya Paz y Guerrissimo surveyed the hangar and smiled. Long flights always made her antsy.

The various other vehicles and personal effects were in the process of making their way to the Tower, but that didn't concern Saya too greatly. She wanted to explore, to see what secrets the tower held. Even at this height, there wasn't a discernible sway. What material was the tower made of? She pondered the question as she walked through the rooms, making mental notes of the positioning and defensive systems.

Finding the control room, Saya pulled up the information on the Tower, showing the technical readouts of the tower. With a few keystrokes, music flooded the room. The Waltz of the Flowers. A notice on the computer screen indicated a museum opening and a party. There was a standing invitation to it... well, it would be rude not to attend, wouldn't it?

Saya RSVP'd and began to research the opening of the museum.

drack
2013-01-26, 07:48 AM
the ninjas will vanish.

Ninjas teleport around a bit ending back in my lair, a new squad teleports out grabbing the two thugs and the fallen ninja, also teleports around a bit before teleporting back. A third squad will teleport in, and tail the car jumping from rooftop to rooftop in the dark, concealing their presence.

[roll0]

The_Admiral
2013-01-26, 08:34 AM
Glarx
The opening is a major event with all the big wigs of Empire City attending and then some from overseas.

drack
In the middle of tailing the car, it vanishes.

Sorry buddy, batcave's still a secret base.

Also, "Aston Martin calls it the Vanquish, we call it the Vanish."

drack
2013-01-26, 08:40 AM
The five ninjas track it :smalltongue:

I knew I got super-senses (including tracking) for a reason :smalltongue:

Meanwhile in the ninja-cave

Gonna disarm my two prisoners, and lock them in a sewer vault of sorts with twenty ninja guards, and wait till they wake up.

The_Admiral
2013-01-26, 09:27 AM
(So, it comes to this. Years of watching James Bond. Deploy the gadgets.)

drax
A small dome pops out of the car and rotates a bit. A beam of energy emits from the dome, hitting a ninja and knocking him out of the chase.

The car makes a sharp turn into a side street.

drack
2013-01-26, 09:39 AM
The ninja vanishes in a poof of smoke. Isn't tracking a bit more after the fact? :smalltongue:

Ah well, they'll fall back a bit using x-ray vision to keep on track, and teleporting from good hiding place to good hiding place to stay completely out of sight. Man do I love how adequate use of powers trumps skill stats... :smalltongue:

Anywho ninjas are a bit more in their element here, so I think the bat cave is gonna be known soon :smalltongue:

The_Admiral
2013-01-26, 09:51 AM
drax
The car enters an abandoned portion of the subway system. Your ninja powers are unable to track it further than the entrance without being detected.

Nobody can track invisible car after the fact

drack
2013-01-26, 09:58 AM
There are no parallel tunnels, or nearby waterways? :smallconfused:

Damn, it's like a ninja with that untraceable stuff :smalltongue:

Anywho as I know it, the empire state is renowned for the intricacy of it's waterways both to the springs, and out of the city, this changing in game? :smalltongue:

The_Admiral
2013-01-26, 10:03 AM
drack
There are, it's just that, almost the entire underground of this city is strangely opaque to your ninja's super sense. He's the god dammed batman.

drack
2013-01-26, 10:38 AM
admiral

Perhaps, but every now and then a villein figures out even his digs :smalltongue:

Anywho Ninjas will start gliding along through the walls themselves just below the surface. (Yup, apparently ninjas walk through walls easily enough :smalltongue:)

The_Admiral
2013-01-26, 10:51 AM
drack

Your ninjas try that, only walk right into seemingly randomly placed, strangely solid walls. By the time they right themselves, the car is long gone.

Again, he's the god dammed batman.

drack
2013-01-26, 11:11 AM
Harumph :smallmad:
:smalltongue:
The ninjas will explore the tunnel systems while the ninjas in the ninja-cave gather a steaming vat of boiling acid, and chain the two punks above it (assuming they're alive) before splashing them with ice cold water. (Which doubles as replacing some of the water boiling off in the acid vat. :smallwink:)

The_Admiral
2013-01-26, 11:18 AM
drack
A single ninja screams, and is heard of no more. He's still alive though.

Where do you... nevermind.

"uhh, whaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!" the gangsters shout in unison.

drack
2013-01-26, 11:41 AM
ninja screaming: said ninja poofs into mist. :smalltongue:

here: old factory+in use warhouse I suppose

The chain suspending the two twists slowly until they see a man dressed in dark cloths holding a candle. "I'm sure you've heard the scpeal before, sso you'll likely what would happen should your time run out."

Calmly the ninja places the candle below a nice thick rope that vanishes from sight behind walls in both directions, already beginning to fray under the heat of the candle.

"Apparently you weren't vary forthcomming with my subordinates, so perhaps you'd be more willing to tell me. Where is your headquarters, and where is John doe?"

The_Admiral
2013-01-26, 12:04 PM
drack
"WE DON'T KNOW BOSS JUST WALKS UP TO US TO GIVE US ORDERS!"

YOu sense a great disturbance in the ninja hive mind, as if three more ninjas have been poofed away.

YOu have no resources in those tunnels as of right now.

drack
2013-01-26, 12:17 PM
The flame continues to fray the rope, slowly pulling it apart. "Not what I wanted to hear." The ninja informs toe two mildly.

The_Admiral
2013-01-26, 12:26 PM
drack
"WE DON'T KNOWW!"

Glarx
2013-01-26, 12:46 PM
Pulling out a cigarette, Saya lit it and inhaled a lungful of carcinogenic smoke. As her mind raced, she flipped the cigarette around, spinning it and watching the ember float through the air. Then, exhaling a long stream of gray, she made her way to the elevator and went to the ground floor. She wanted to go for a walk, see Empire City in all its glory. Perhaps see the sights, sample some of the local cuisine, see who ran the city. That sort of thing.

drack
2013-01-26, 12:46 PM
Calmly the ninja surveys them "Then I advise you think of something rather quickly..." The man in wrappings gestures slightly to the candle as one of the three primary braided cords snaps.

The_Admiral
2013-01-26, 01:21 PM
drack
They beg you not to kill them, quite pitifully.

Your ninjas all across the city start poofing away at a rate of a group every tenish minutes.

It's always the same, a shadowy figure and before they know it, poof.

Glarx
The night is young, oh so very young. The lights are bright and the party is still in the getting drunk part.

Glarx
2013-01-26, 01:26 PM
She looked for the club with the longest line. Somewhere she could affect people with the greatest efficacy.

The_Admiral
2013-01-26, 01:46 PM
Glarx
And she finds one, Club Okay, with a line stretching around the block.

Glarx
2013-01-26, 01:49 PM
She approached the bouncer at the door.

"You must have room for one more?" Saya asked, layering her voice with the emotional control.

Diplomacy: [roll0]
He also needs to make two DC20 will saves. One against Emotion Control: Love Saya and one against Pheromones. Or she, if it's a female bouncer.

Dienekes
2013-01-26, 03:47 PM
I try to mind read Lord Doctor Arthur Barnes Junior.

drack
2013-01-26, 07:31 PM
In front of Club OK, a biker is suddenly thrown from his bike by an angry batsey that is willing to turn against all morals he stands for to wage his war on biker kin.

Subject to GM change :smalltongue:

The_Admiral
2013-01-26, 10:23 PM
Glarx
He immediately lets you in. You notice a blonde guy wearing a suit staring in awe at your success.

Dienekes
You hit a blank wall of nothingness.

drack
(Hmm, DM change.)
On the roof of Club OK, a single ninja is locked in mortal combat with the strange figure, he is knocked off the roof, falling to the ground. The figure leaps down, picking up the ninja and vanishes into the night.

drack
2013-01-26, 10:28 PM
try again :smallbiggrin:

Nope, the only ones around are these guys are just biking around mining their business on the road. Furthermore these are minions, not summons, so they crumple, not poof :smallwink:

Glarx
2013-01-26, 11:25 PM
Saya made her way to the bar. A trail of pheromones lingered in her wake, hopefully capturing a great many patrons in its aura. Once at the bar, she ordered a Fever -- gin, vermouth, some Dubonnet Rouge, a bit of anisette with a lemon garnish -- and leaned backwards to watch Club Okay in all its glory.

Anyone within 100 feet of Saya must make a DC20 will save. If they fail it, they become friendly. If they fail by 5 or more, they become helpful, and if they fail by 10 or more, they become fanatically devoted to her. Also, she has a mental link with everyone who fails the will save.

And if they're within 100 feet of her after a minute of the first save, they need to make another. And then after five minutes, then twenty, et cetera.

Dienekes
2013-01-27, 12:19 AM
Either someone's shielding these bastards or everyone has fantastic Will Saves.

Arnold stared intently at the brown haired man, memorizing every feature he could. He would have to pay a visit to the good Doctor though. Unfortunately it was stupidity to go rushing off without further knowledge.

"Al, act happy. It's your birthday."

"Whah? No it's not--- right A.R. I take it you're gonna be the one driving us home?"

"Yes, go enjoy yourself."

The two entered the bar and Al sat down and ordered a rye whiskey for himself, "This one has the tab," he said pointing over his shoulder to Arnold.

Arnold just smiled and tried his luck one last time, to read the mind of the bartender.

The_Admiral
2013-01-27, 12:36 AM
Dienekes
Ooh, that was fast.

The bartender a well dressed man wearing an occultish looking necklace , wipes a glass and pouring a rye whiskey asks, "Sure, on the rocks?" in a friendly tone of voice with a smile on his face.

YOu seem unable to penetrate his mind, but is it your imagination or did the necklace move a little while you attempted the mind reading.

Glarx
YOu get five friendly, five helpful and four fanatics.

Glarx
2013-01-27, 12:38 AM
Saya tapped her chin. You're my favorite -- but all these other people, they're hangers-on. Get rid of them and we can be together. With that command, she turned to get her drink and walked towards the dance floor, spreading the pheromones further.

The_Admiral
2013-01-27, 01:51 AM
Glarx
And the club erupts into chaos, BAR FIGHT! And in the middle, a sea of empty calm sits, Saya.

No, no Fight Club jokes shall be made today, cause for some strange reason nobody's talking about it.

(Fun fact, Saya means I in Malay.)

Glarx
2013-01-27, 01:56 AM
She sipped the Fever and glanced around for others to infect. Making her rounds around the club, layering so that the pheromones would cover the whole area. This sort of senseless malevolence was practice, a reminder of what she could do. And, naturally, to make sure she still could.

Saya sighed and finished the drink, lighting another cigarette. There wasn't anyone of note in here, not that she could see. Making her way out of the club, she hailed a taxi and directed him to somewhere else, a regular bar instead of a club.

Serendipity, don't fail me now! Land me at the bar with Arnold in it, since I can't find a ninja! :smallbiggrin:

The_Admiral
2013-01-27, 02:11 AM
Glarx
She hails down a cab and recognizes the taxi driver as the same well dressed blond man, this time with a mustache.

He drives you to O'Brien's, attempting to flirt with you the entire way.

Glarx
2013-01-27, 02:16 AM
Saya flirted back the whole way, layering every word with emotional control. She even gave him the number to her semi-permanent cellphone, and gave him a little jolt for fun.

Emotional Control (Love Saya): DC20 Will. Lots of times.
Pheremones: DC20 Will. Fewer times, but still lots of times.
Nauseate (Pleasure): DC20 Fortitude, once.
Dream Control. I don't think there's a DC for that yet.

She lit another cigarette and surveyed the facade of the bar. Commiting it to memory, she entered O'Brien's and looked around while dousing the area in pheromones.

The_Admiral
2013-01-27, 02:55 AM
Glarx
Your attempts at mind control seemingly fly over this pervert's head. But he seems to be friendlier towards you.

He drops you off at the bar and drives off. Your pheromones seem to be having no effect in the bar whatsoever.

drack
2013-01-27, 10:01 AM
Sending twenty ninjas to go out looking for info on these gangs (These ones will go in suits), one gets a critical success and happens to run into someone after walking into a certain bar.

"Hello madam, you wouldn't happen to know anything about these distressing rumors I've been hearing around town laity. Something about a new gang rising up..." The man, a young Asian gentleman in a suit, seems to have some difficulty enunciating the words, and somehow only seems to be half there as if chewing something over in his head at the same time.

Dienekes
2013-01-27, 10:44 AM
"Yep," Al grinned.

"I'll just have a coke," Roth said with a smirk. After getting a confused look from the barkeep. "It's his day, and I'm the driver. and once I start drinking I can't stop."

After a couple of minutes Al was out flirting with two young girls in the corner of the bar, leaving Roth to find information.

"So what's your name keep?"

The_Admiral
2013-01-27, 10:59 AM
Dienekes
"Name's Harry Halloway, I own this here joint. You sure you don't want anything alcoholic? I've just got the first patch of my own brew out." he replies, sliding you a bottle of coke, an easy grin on his face.

drack/Glarx
(I assume you will be having a conversation.)

The suits seem to have stopped the surprise attacks. Strangely a blond man, also wearing a suit has been approaching your ninjas and attempting to high five them.

Glarx
2013-01-27, 11:56 AM
"I just got in myself, actually. I was hoping I would encounter someone who could tell me a little bit more about Empire City, but the club I just went to broke out into a fight. I thought, maybe this bar would be better? But I don't think I caught your name." Saya used her Emotional Control as well, layering her voice with the subtle commands of infatuation.

Admiral, there's a difference between 'ham (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WorldOfHam)' and 'silliness.' Could you cut back on the latter?

If the ninja is not immune to breathing or will saves, he needs to make two will saves, DC 20. If he is immune to breathing, just one, and if he's immune to wills saves, then obviously he doesn't need to roll either. :smallbiggrin: As this is not an interaction skill, fanaticism shouldn't offer a defense against it.

And if Roth is within 100 feet of the door (I'm not sure how the bar is laid out, so it's quite possible he isn't) he'll need to make the pheromone check.

drack
2013-01-27, 01:43 PM
Smiling somewhat awkwardly the ninja Karral replies "Karal, Karal Harbringer, though it is a custom in my lands that pretty ladies always introduce themselves first before asking the name of a single gentlemen."

Seconding the silliness bit.

Anywho I figure he's probably wooed (willingly fail), though I think frenetic (judging by the name) doesn't really come into play at all unless it directly concerns me myself. :smalltongue: Think for instance if you have a really devout follower of some belief. They may not be willing to do anything to defy their faith, but lie goes on, and a pretty girl is a pretty girl, no? :smalltongue: Still if you're devout and your god tells you to sacrifice your son, what do you do... :smallwink:

Glarx
2013-01-27, 01:50 PM
Taking a drag on her cigarette, Saya smirked at him. "And yet you introduced yourself and acknowledge we aren't in your country. Funny how that happens. Saya Paz. It's lovely to meet you, Mr. Harbringer. Shall we get a drink? It seems a shame to simply haunt the doorway of this establishment."

I'm hoping you meant fanatic and not frenetic. :smalltongue: My point is that the power Pheromones can, if he fails by enough, turn him into a fanatic of me. Same with Emotion Control (Love) -- and thus why I was wondering if he had the immunities, et cetera. This is my first Mutants and Masterminds game so I really don't know how everything interacts with everything else. :smalleek:

drack
2013-01-27, 02:49 PM
The Asian man grins "Yes, we probably should. I wouldn't want want one as pretty as you to be able to run away so easily would I." As they walk towards the bar the Asian gentleman tries to strike up a conversation. "So, tell me of you, where did you live as a little girl?

Go totally awkward ninja dude who thinks he's smooth :smalltongue:

Glarx

...Your pheromones seem to be having no effect in the bar whatsoever.
not sure if I should be saving or not truth be told, but you id say she' pretty, no? :smalltongue:

Also forgot pronunciation. :smalltongue: (har-brin-jure)

Admiral

I guess I'll send out a hundred ninjas to sweep the town for all places with active nullification of powers. Knowing them may come in handy later :smallwink:

Also gonna fish for fun prophecies regarding sara, the three gang bosses, the new gang, and batsey. :smalltongue: (Precognition for fun)

Glarx
2013-01-27, 02:58 PM
"South America," Saya replied honestly, tapping the ash off her cigarette. "Yourself? Where is this land of customs you mentioned before?"

Hmm, I was under the impression that had to do with the Mental Shield device in the bar, not a Nullifying effect on me. I'm not sure if Nullify affects powers that come from Devices, since a Device is innate and Nullify doesn't work on Innate powers, so we'll have to see one way or another.

drack
2013-01-27, 03:09 PM
"Southwest china... more or less... I hear you have good nuts there. In south Amoraka that is" The asian man shares a disarming smile.

Dunno, hence the mentioning it, and waiting on GM to tell me otherwise :smalltongue:

Glarx
2013-01-27, 04:18 PM
"Mostly the ones in our prisons, yes. But the land is gorgeous, beyond compare. The cities... not so much. There's a reason I'm in Empire City, after all!" Finishing the cigarette, she tamped it out in an ashtray. Saya looked over the man again. "So, Karel, do you often ask women about gangs? I've got to admit, it's an unorthodox pick up line."

drack
2013-01-27, 04:31 PM
Karal shakes his head. "Not nuts, nuts." He begins making exaggerated biting gestures.

Glarx
2013-01-27, 04:33 PM
Saya gave a little laugh. "Don't worry, I realized you were asking about such delicacies as Brazil nuts, cashews, that sort of thing."

drack
2013-01-27, 04:45 PM
Karal seems thoroughly confused. "So you fled south Amikara to here because they had too many delicious prisons nuts?"

Glarx
2013-01-27, 04:49 PM
She raised an eyebrow. "Perhaps we can cut some of the confusion out if we speak in a different language? One you're more familiar with?"

Babel effect. We should be able to understand one another without language getting in the way.

Dienekes
2013-01-27, 04:59 PM
"I'm sure but that does sound tempting. Next time I need to get drunk and embarrass myself I'll be sure to try some of that brew of yours." Quickly looking around he notices a young woman smoking a cigarette and an Asian man attempting to chat her up enter the bar.

That shows a nice bit of dedication," Arnold nodded in approval. "I don't know many owners who go behind the counter."

Well-Informed feat means whenever I encounter anyone for the first time I get to make a Gather Info check on them for free.

Hopefully to get the ball rolling faster I'm gonna try and see what I know about Saya and Karal.

Karal:[roll0]
Saya:[roll1]

As pointed out by Glarx. Sorry! I don't know why but I thought Gather Info was Int instead of Cha. I only have +26 not +30 in them. So I actually got 36 and 45 respectively

The_Admiral
2013-01-27, 07:53 PM
Dienekes
"Why thank you, But it ain't dedication, I've always wanted to own a bar." he replies, idly polishing a few glasses.

It's safe to say that the man you see speaking is a NINJA with extensive training, and NO NAME. No really, ninja's don't have birth certificates.

The lady Saya however, is the the daughter of Generalissimo and Maria Guerrissimo, both villains. Strangely, she has Diplomatic Immunity, Security Clearance and is very well loved by her home country. She is also as rich as scrooge Mc Duck. And what's up with that earring?

Dienekes/Glarx
There's something in the bar shielding all its patrons from mind effecting powers.

drack
2013-01-27, 09:29 PM
Karal shrugs. "It OK is, and better now learn then later. Though if not for the nuts, why did you come here?"

gather info stuff

Karal looks to be of Asian origin, and acts with the calm and purpose of motion seen in those who study a martial arts form of some kind. He seems somewhat awkward at English as a language, and you can not recall any listings containing him.

Glarx
2013-01-27, 10:17 PM
"All these questions for me, and you haven't answered the one I asked. That's no way to woo someone." She lit another cigarette and looked at the bartender, hoping to grab his attention and get a drink.

drack
2013-01-27, 10:29 PM
The ninja ***** his head "I told you I was more or less from southwestern china, yet you still haven't told me why it is you flee the nuts."

Glarx
2013-01-27, 10:30 PM
She exhaled a plume of smoke. "And I asked whether you asked girls about gangs all the time, or if I was special. Anyways, South America doesn't have a city that compares to Empire -- unless you count Rio, and that's only on the best of days."

drack
2013-01-27, 10:42 PM
It's gangs or the weather. Karal replies mildly. "And the weather today is a much grimmer topic. But you're honestly saying that you only came here for taller buildings?"

Glarx
2013-01-27, 10:45 PM
"It would have been more difficult to buy a tower that was over a mile in height in South America," she replied with a shrug. "But the fashion industry thrives in Empire City. The heart of this place pumps oil and tears, and brings innovation and style. Who wouldn't want to live here? Besides, visiting home isn't difficult."

drack
2013-01-27, 10:54 PM
"I suppose" Karal replies. "Though I'm still somewhat new to town having just arrived today. I don't suppose you could show me the city?"

Glarx
2013-01-27, 10:56 PM
"Sorry, can't. The next few days are booked, and if you wait around for me to show you a place I haven't been to in seven years, you'd be doing yourself a disservice. But you should definitely look around the city, check out the art galleries, the theatre scene, see the landmarks. In two weeks I believe there's going to be a jewelry showing, something from Italia. If you're going to be here, you should definitely try and get in. It's going to be stunning."

The_Admiral
2013-01-29, 06:09 AM
drack
Your ninjas notice something, an assault on one of the police stations in the less nice part of town. The attackers seem to be from the Smiler gang.

drack
2013-01-29, 07:00 AM
"That is shameful, but perhaps another time." Karal replies as he lend aid to her efforts to attract the bartender.

Police station: scout drives by without attracting attention, and five ninjas pop in using previously employed methods to silently observe. How many are there, how important do they look, and what happens?

The_Admiral
2013-01-29, 07:58 AM
drack
The attack seems to be a simple hit and run, possible a jailbreak. Led by a single masked man. He's wearing a hockey mask with a smiley face painted on it.

drack
2013-01-29, 08:03 AM
How successful is this one man against a whole station of police officers? :smalltongue:

The_Admiral
2013-01-29, 08:11 AM
drack
I said led by, should have clarified, he has a small well armed army with him. Thirty men with surplus military grade stuff.

drack
2013-01-29, 08:35 AM
Ah, the ninjas will continue to observe seeing who is freed and tailing all the members to see where they go. Also any news on my shouting out all areas like the batsey sewer lines areas?

Dienekes
2013-01-29, 09:38 AM
"Well anyway, congratulations getting to do what you love," he raised his glass and drank. After a few moments he started watching Al, two girls were sitting on his lap as he regaled them with his wit and charm, between sneaking them kisses.

"Excuse me, if I let this go any farther his wife will kill the both of us."

The pair stayed about a half hour longer.

"So what's happening now boss?" Al asks as he steps into the car.

"A Doctor from the museum, a genius hacker, a ninja, and an incredibly wealthy villainess all in the same bar," Roth said, more to himself than Al. "What the Hell could this mean?"

He sat for a couple seconds in silence as they started driving back to the skyscraper. "Al, I need you to round up a couple of guys and bring me Lord Doctor Arthur Barnes Junior. Warehouse D8 should be empty."

"I'm on it, A.R."

After getting dropped off, Roth awaits Al's confirmation that he picked up the doctor.

Glarx
2013-01-29, 11:52 AM
Sighing, Saya lit another cigarette and moved to leave the bar. "I'm sure there are other bars in this town. Perhaps one will actually sell alcohol."

Outside, she hailed a taxi.

The_Admiral
2013-01-30, 03:41 AM
Glarx
A taxi pulls up and the driver asks, "where to?"

Dienekes
Two hours later, you receive the confirmation.

drack
Nope, nothing.

However at the police station, something happens. A black blur dashes through the criminals and their guns vanish.

(Arnie figured out the ninja was a ninja from a sherlock scan.)

Dienekes
2013-01-30, 11:24 AM
Roth drives down to Warehouse D8.

Glarx
2013-01-30, 12:50 PM
"The Cosmic Tower," she said, getting inside. "This has been a fruitless night."

drack
2013-01-30, 01:23 PM
Silently Karal exits the bar and vanishes into the night.

Admiral

By no such luck you mean that there are no other areas in the city in which powers don't work?

Also blurring even to one with level 10 super-speed? Must be fast. :smalltongue:

The_Admiral
2013-01-31, 03:57 AM
drack

Aboveground? No, nothing. Underground, an entire labyrinth. Most of the underground is immune to NINJA TRACKING. but seemingly random locations have your ninja's ending up walking into solid wall, no pattern, no rhyme nor reason. You do manage to map out the locations though.

Glarx
"Okay, going to Cosmic Tower" the driver says, driving you off there.

Dropping you off there he collects the fare and drives off.

Dienekes
You arrive at the warehouse. As you walk into the 'empty' warehouse you notice something wrong.

Notably the fact that Doctor Barnes is not tied to the chair he is sitting in. In the corner you notice Al and the two thugs he brought along knocked out.

Arthur Barnes gets up and smiles saying, "Now that was just terribly rude of you. If you wanted to talk to me, you could have just made an appointment." in a high class accent.

Dienekes
2013-01-31, 06:15 AM
Roth enters wearing his peculiar tight-lipped smirk. "I'm a busy man, appointments mean I get put on a waiting list, and who has time for that?"

He stealth reads Lord Barnes mind, hoping the effect that shielded him has warn off. "So what you do to my men?"

The_Admiral
2013-01-31, 06:59 AM
Dienekes
"Don't worry, they're alive, Don't bank on them remembering what happened though." he replies accent strongly peppering his speech.

"Though you're interesting, an unregistered class three telepath. We don't see many around here."

You hit a blank wall.

drack
2013-01-31, 07:44 AM
Admiral
Just ninja tracking, or other things too? :smallconfused:

The_Admiral
2013-01-31, 07:52 AM
drack
After considerable experimentation, your ninja's have confirmed that anything enhanced past the limit of a regular human sensory suit is distorted beyond usage.

Dienekes
2013-01-31, 08:08 AM
"I'm too modest to boast."

Good if the bastard didn't kill Al that means he probably wouldn't attempt to do anything stupid, and puts him in my good graces before the showdown even begins. Perhaps a deal could be reached?

Alright meeting with him Gather Info check, what can I gleam about the good doctor?
[roll0]

The_Admiral
2013-01-31, 08:43 AM
Dienekes
"Now really, no need to be modest. Class three telepaths are hard to come by." He replies.

Lord Doctor Arthur Barnes Junior is a doctor of archaeology at The University of Oxford and Lord of the Barnes Estate.

His family line is a long one, with links to the Knights Templar and many, many other secret societies, but that is sort off par of the course for nobility. He's also cleaner than most of Empire City's political elite.

He's over here to see the opening of your museum, having donated several artifacts to it from the Barnes collection. He kinda has a passion for Archeology, he flies all over the world supervising and funding dig sites.

Dienekes
2013-01-31, 09:00 AM
"I think that's enough about me. I'm much more interested in you, a renown archaeologist meeting with a common hacker the night that the museum he donated so much to gets hacked. It raises some suspicions, and this," he waves at his men knocked out on the floor. "Raises more."

The_Admiral
2013-01-31, 09:13 AM
Dienekes
A grin breaks out on his face as he says, "So you don't know what's a class three telepath? Priceless."

He continues, "Ahh, Harry Halloway, I tried to contract him to set up electronic security at the Barnes Estate, I heard he was the best. Now don't go pilfering him from me. As for your men, I can hold my own thank you very much." fingering his ring.

drack
2013-01-31, 09:20 AM
Ninjas continue monitoring the jailbreak :smalltongue:

The_Admiral
2013-01-31, 09:27 AM
drack
The jailbreak fails, spectacularly. The black blur really helped in that regard. After the gangsters were disarmed, the police managed to fight back, arresting all the gangster but the masked man.

Tracking the black blur, he is revealed to be the blonde man who attempted high fiving your suited ninjas earlier that night. He is wearing a ruined suit.

Dienekes
2013-01-31, 09:37 AM
Dienekes
A grin breaks out on his face as he says, "So you don't know what's a class three telepath? Priceless."

He continues, "Ahh, Harry Halloway, I tried to contract him to set up electronic security at the Barnes Estate, I heard he was the best. Now don't go pilfering him from me. As for your men, I can hold my own thank you very much." fingering his ring.

Ever so slightly Roth's grin flickered as the man hung over his head that he knew more about a subject than him. It stung, a bit more than he was willing to admit. He'd built his entire empire on knowing more than anyone else and now he was presented with a brand new game with rules even he had never heard of.

"No, I don't mean to pilfer him at all. Quite the contrary a good hacker is hard to come by. I'm much more interested in who would hire him to steal artifacts, and you have to admit seeing you in his bar seemed unlikely to be coincidental."

The_Admiral
2013-01-31, 10:05 AM
Dienekes
Arthur grins slightly more as he says, "Fine you caught me, I wanted to test his team's skills, so I improvised, among my contributions to the museum is a chalice, I supplied them with a near undetectable replacement, they were to switch them out undetected. even with, her unexpected interference, they succeeded, beyond expectations. Honestly, I would be more worried about the company you keep." a flash of concern evident in his eyes.

Glarx
2013-01-31, 10:22 AM
Without anything else to do that night, Saya went upstairs, changed into sleepwear, curled up on the couch and watched some television. She had been irked by the lack of service at O'Brian's, and considered sending a present to the place, but wanton destruction served no purpose. There was the museum opening and the party soon. Those would help to integrate her into the city.

The_Admiral
2013-01-31, 10:30 AM
Glarx

BREAKING NEWS
"Tonight the nuclear power plant outside of Delto City was attacked by a masked woman. Ten guard lost their lives in the defense of this facility. The woman mysteriously vanished along with the nuclear core of the station. A manhunt is on for this mysterious woman if you have any information on her please call *********"

There was no waiter on staff

Glarx
2013-01-31, 10:33 AM
Somewhere, Archer is saying "that is classic her."

Saya sighed and continued to watch. It wouldn't hurt to see what the civilians thought about the situation. She could compare it to the official investigation later. She lit another cigarette.

Dienekes
2013-01-31, 12:03 PM
"I work with sharks, madmen, monsters, and criminals. But they all either understand who's boss or are kept on a tight leash. You on the other hand are new, creating a crack team, testing their skills, and all without asking for permission first." Roth shook his head, "I'm an easy man to work with Dr. Barnes, but the appropriate channels must be maintained, to make sure this city continues to function if nothing else."

drack
2013-01-31, 01:29 PM
Ninjas also tail the masked man.

A shadow forms in front of the blond man, before stretching up to reveal a ninja who wasn't there a second ago. "Hello, I'm somewhat new in town, and was wondering if you could explain what this means" The Ninja's arm suddenly swings by the man with supernatural speed as if to give him a high five, yet never actually touching the man.

The_Admiral
2013-01-31, 11:44 PM
Dienekes
"New? Mr Roth? the people I work for have been doing this before you and I were glimmers in our respective grandfather's eyes and they will continue on with it after we're dust in the wind. As for your compatriot's understanding, I trust you know what you're doing, but your newest compatriot, Vivienne Verata is a whole different kettle of fish entirely. Well, was if the latest rumors are true."

drack
You follow him to a trailer park. He kinda vanishes into the crown of poor people after that.

The blond man replies "It's a high five, you don't know what's a high five?"

Dienekes
2013-01-31, 11:55 PM
"Another of those secret societies then. How droll, I've met a few of them, even been invited to join one once. Crusty old men with delusions that their opinions matter outside of the walls of whatever men's club they operate." Roth sighed. "But it appears to me that we're now trying to be as backhandedly snide and cryptic as we can get away with. Amusing but ultimately a waste of time and it's late. It's obvious that you could have left at any time in this conversation. The fact you're still here makes me think there's something more to this than posturing. If you have any proposition, I am all ears."

The_Admiral
2013-02-01, 12:23 AM
Dienekes
"Fair enough, I'll stop being cryptic then. You know her as Vivienne Verata, we know her as Animus De Deficio, the Will, no the Spirit Of Decay. The very personification of the end of all. Did she tell you what she wanted?"

drack
2013-02-01, 07:17 AM
"Never heard of it" the ninja replies matter o' factually.

The_Admiral
2013-02-01, 08:23 AM
drack
He grabs the ninja by the shoulder, a look of mock surprise on his face. He says, "I've got the rest of the night off so buddy, I am going to teach you how to live. But first, I've got to change my suit." he vanishes inside a bar, exiting a few minutes later wearing a fresh suit.

Using his X-ray vision, your ninja notices that he has a spare suit hidden in a toilet stall. He then drags your ninja off to shenanigans, mostly of the embarrassing variety.

YOu can ask him anything thought the shenanigans. List the questions, I'll weave them into a narrative.

Yes, I run on rule of funny.

Dienekes
2013-02-01, 04:26 PM
"She did."

The_Admiral
2013-02-01, 08:03 PM
Dienekes
"And you HELPED HER?! Are you INSANE!? OR JUST DUMB!?" Arthur exclaims, his jaw dropping in incredulity.

Dienekes
2013-02-01, 08:40 PM
"Neither, as I said. Those that do not understand who is the boss are kept on a tight leash. If your secret society is meant to keep track of some such as her you're doing a terrible job. Do you have any idea at all how many times I had to talk her out of murdering this entire city? How many ways I had to redirect her boredom? Helping her? I'm the reason we still have a city to talk in."

The_Admiral
2013-02-01, 08:59 PM
Dienekes
"And you're also the reason the world nearly ended two hours ago. She nearly ran into a piece of her jewelry, we had to scramble to move it out. DO you know what she could DO if she returned to even a fourth of her original power?!"

Glarx
2013-02-01, 10:20 PM
Saya went and made herself a bowl of kettle corn. There was an engrossing film on about the rise of superheroes -- all dreadfully blown out of proportion, naturally -- and she needed something to snack on. The ashtray had to be emptied again, too. And what was life without another martini? Not worth living.

Watching the film had given her a craving, too. Saya made a gesture and summoned into existence twenty manifestations of Chaos. "Go to the O'Brian's bar," she said before taking another sip of her drink, "and detonate the porco." The tallest one nodded at her and gathered its companions around it before teleporting off.

She lit another cigarette. A little wanton destruction didn't hurt anyone. And that bartender had been remarkable in his inability to serve drinks. She was just doing the world a favor. Saya exhaled a long stream of smoke.

"Just doing the world a favor."

Eighteen Brawlers of Chaos (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=505421), one Teleporter of Chaos (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=509548), and one Pig of Chaos (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=509523).

Dienekes
2013-02-01, 11:18 PM
Roth just paused and stared at the man for a few seconds, before he shook his head in complete confusion. "You were hiding an ancient piece of magic jewelry... in a history museum? One which she would in all likelihood be attending the opening of? That's the single dumbest thing I have ever heard. If you have the jewelry, bury it in cement, wrap the cement in lead, take a boat out to the middle of nowhere and drop it into the Atlantic."

The_Admiral
2013-02-01, 11:34 PM
Glarx
Your minions gather outside the slowly emptying bar. Their presence encourage the few people in it to hurry out.

Dienekes
"No, we hid it in the nuclear reactor that she attacked a few hours ago. Fortunately for you, we managed to get it out before she noticed. The emanations of the reactor masked the jewel's remarkably well."

Glarx
2013-02-01, 11:37 PM
One of the Brawlers held the invisible pig, and flew to the top of the bar. The other seventeen brawlers moved in concentric circles around the bar, keeping eyes out on the various exits. The teleporter teleported to the rooftop. The pig began to charge his medallion.

Dienekes
2013-02-01, 11:48 PM
"Less disturbingly idiotic, but still far from clever. She can control radiation, and loves mindless, stupidly excessive violence. The higher fallout the better. Where exactly would you think she would strike next? Next you'll tell me you've hid another inside an active nuclear missile."

The_Admiral
2013-02-02, 12:21 AM
Glarx
Suddenly, fifteen robed figures of varying height and build appear outside O'Brian's, surrounding it.

One of them steps forward and says, "Manifestations of Chaos, mages, take them out."

The figures raise their arms and glowing chains fly from their palms. Five of your Brawlers are snared by the chains, unable to move. One of them managed to break out as the rest turn into beams of energy and are absorbed into the rings of the mages. The rest, miss, some horribly, others by a hair's breadth. The chains that miss hit the walls of the bar, vanishing.

Dienekes
"Well, we do have one at the bottom of the marina trench, it's being moved right now though." Arthur replies. Suddenly his ring glows.

"Well, that's a new record." he says to himself, looking at his watch.

Turning to you he continues, "Well, looks like I'm going back to O'Brian's need a lift anywhere? I'll drop you off on the way." ring glowing a strange colour.

drack
Strange creatures appear outside O'Brian's

Suddenly fifteen robed figures of varying height and build appear outside O'Brian's, surrounding it.

One of them steps forward and says, "Manifestations of Chaos, mages, take them out."

The figures raise their arms and glowing chains fly from their palms. Five of your Brawlers are snared by the chains, unable to move. One of them managed to break out as the rest turn into beams of energy and are absorbed into the rings of the mages. The rest, miss, some horribly, others by a hair's breadth. The chains that miss hit the walls of the bar, vanishing.

Glarx
2013-02-02, 12:59 AM
The pig is set off in a corner, invisible and soundless.

The 14 brawlers who aren't snared swoop in, each in a pack of 2. They choose 14 mages at random to attack.

1 Round has passed. 5 more rounds to go.

Each of the non-snared Brawlers will take 10 on their attacks, for an Attack of 17.

Presuming this hits, each then provokes a Toughness save of DC27.

The teleporter continues to stay on top of the bar.

The_Admiral
2013-02-02, 01:13 AM
Glarx
eight mages crumple under your brawler's blows, four of them managed to raise their magical shields in time to deflect the blows.

The seven remaining mages retaliate, falling back into a circle they chant, raising up a formidable glowing barrier, protecting them. Chains fly out of of the shield, aiming at all of your minions. Only half of them hit, seven of your minions are chained up but three of them manage to break out of their chains but the rest are drawn into the barrier changing its colour slightly as they are drawn in.

Dienekes
2013-02-02, 09:05 AM
"I can get my own ride, I'm more interested in when my men will wake up."

The_Admiral
2013-02-02, 09:33 AM
Dienekes
He seems engrossed in some sort of conversation. The snippets you catch from his side.

"You sure bout what's attacking A?"

"You sure it'll work?"

"Fine, send me the ring en route."

Finally turning to you, he answer almost absentmindedly. "They'll wake up tomorrow morning with the mother of all headaches, they'll think it's a hangover. Suit yourself, see you at the party." the light from his ring engulfs him and he vanishes.

When the light dissipates, you see a white business card belonging to Arthur Barnes on the floor. On the back is scrawled,

"Here's my card, If you have any more questions just call. There's no need to send thugs. Oh, and you owe me for that Ming vase your thugs broke."

Glarx
2013-02-02, 02:01 PM
The remaining and able brawlers attacked the seven other mages, with three brawlers flying up into the sky.

2 rounds have passed, 4 to go.

Taking ten, same deal as before.

The_Admiral
2013-02-03, 01:43 AM
Glarx
YOur brawlers smash the barrier, bringing two of the mages to their knees. They turn into bolts of energy and fly off to parts unknown.

A flash of light and a well dressed man with brown hair appears. Raising his arms, two etheric extensions fly from them, both grabbing brawler each. Brawlers in 'hand', the arms smashes them together, knocking them out.

One of the mages turn to the man, shouting "Took you long enough Arthur!". The barrier glows again, five chains flying from it. It manages to chain three brawlers, none escaping.

Drack/Dienekes
YOu two want to do anything?

Glarx
2013-02-03, 01:48 AM
The unconscious brawlers disappeared into smoke. Meanwhile, the pig continues his little ritual while the teleporter observed. Saya, watching the action from afar, decided it was time to stop playing and prepared to send reinforcements in. Empire City was about to feel a little bit of Chaos.

The chained brawlers attempted to escape while those who weren't chained move in to attack the remaining mages.

3 rounds to go.

The brawlers have a strength of +12, so if the mages have Snare 7, the brawlers automatically get out of it. If not, then the brawlers make [roll0] against the toughness of the snares to break free.

The remaining brawlers, however many there may be, take 10 on their attacks again against however many mage minions they can.

Saya prepares to summon in a few Abominations of Chaos. I'll prepare a sheet for it shortly.

drack
2013-02-03, 09:19 AM
Questions for the flash

All sort of slipped in between silliness :smalltongue:

info on gangs/leaders, who really runs the town, what is the best type of sub to buy (meatball, Italian, ect.), who is batsey, where can everyone be found, what's fun to do in town, what's your name, info on the new gang, what caramel corn is, and why special ninja techniques don't work n the underground.

O'Brian's

... something that my bikers picked up? (only Karal was in there, and he left... :smalltongue:)

Dienekes
2013-02-03, 09:25 AM
It took him awhile but he managed to get the four unconscious men into a cab and dropped them all off in their respective homes. New information, that's what the day had brought, a decent bit of new information that needed to be processed.

It felt slightly liberating to finally meet members of Vivienne's brothers side. They were not nearly as clever as he had imagined them, but they had a method of knocking out his abilities and could replicate it. Perhaps with those items of power they were talking about. Pieces of her brother's might maybe? Or some other power that operates under the same rules. In any case he was certain that he had not seen the last of this new brotherhood.

After going home for the night he nodded to his guards and turned on the news.

The_Admiral
2013-02-04, 05:55 PM
Glarx
Three brawlers escape.

Arthur again grabs two monsters with his ethereal hands and smashes them to the ground, knocking them out cold. The shield collapse as the brawlers pound on it.

Allowing the mages to fire etheric fists at your Brawlers. Knocking out three more and staggering two.

drack

You two are sitting in a strip club. "I really don't know, I'm a CSI lab tech. Though to be honest, Tim says it's this guy named Arnold they can't touch."

Sitting in a very scary looking bar. "Meatballs, any other is heretical." the other patrons cheer at this statement.

"I dunno, who's that? He sounds awesome though." he replies as you two sits in a train full of drunk people.

"The people that really matter? You're looking at him, the one and only, Billy West!" he says as he stands on top of a craps table.

YOu two are kicked out of the casino.

"Laser tag, which is AWESOME!" he replies as he shoots you with his laser tag gun.

"New gang? We stay away from them, they don't really leave anything for me to go through. They are scarily efficient."

"A crime against nature itself. Popcorn should be savory!"

You two are standing in the middle of a street he places his ear to the ground, forcing your head to it too. "You hear that? There's an underground construction project going on right now, it's just one of the many 'upgrades' to the city that makes Tim's job harder and allows the people to sleep easier."

Dienekes
You get a news report on lemming migrations, ice caps melting and a an attack on a nuclear power plant near Delto City. Apparently the power plant failed when a mask women tried to attack it and vanished along with the reactor core.

Glarx
2013-02-04, 06:01 PM
From beneath the ground, a tiny, wriggling creature popped up. A mere two inches in size, it looked up with wide eyes at Barnes.

All of the brawlers disappeared into puffs of smoke, as did the teleporter. All that remained was the tiny wiggling, wriggling creature and, hidden from sight and hearing, the porco.

2 more rounds.
http://www.gamer.ru/system/attached_images/images/000/020/691/original/Larvae_by_Mr__Jack.jpg?1244239993
One of the little guys!

The wriggler is in the same square as Barnes. There is a 75 foot No Save nullifying field around him, so Barnes' powers are probably not working. And, depending on the location of the mages, theirs probably aren't either.

drack
2013-02-04, 06:04 PM
Admiral

"Tim?" the ninja asks through a bite of meatball sub (his third since he found out what they were this night)

The_Admiral
2013-02-05, 01:37 AM
Glarx

"...what the hell," Arthur exclaims, as the brawlers vanish.

"A, we're going in, A? A?" his ring glowing slightly and then spluttering.

"......Comms cut, OH COME ON, RUN!" he exclaims as he turns around and beats it, the other mages bewildered as they follow his motion.

drack

"Detective Inspector Tim Moreson, rudest guy you can ever work with." he replies, taking a bite out of his third meatball sub.

"Why am I so hungry?" he wonders to himself.

Glarx
2013-02-05, 01:55 AM
The maggot watched the fleeing men with interest, and Saya ordered it to return from whence it came. The teleporter disappeared as well, leaving the piglet alone to explode.

Dienekes
2013-02-05, 04:58 PM
Remembering one of the numerous cryptic little messages he had just been given, Roth picks up his cell and calls Vivienne.

Glarx
2013-02-05, 05:09 PM
The phone rang in the Cosmic Tower. Saya, still awake, answered.

"Oi, olá?" Sleepiness tinged her voice.

drack
2013-02-05, 05:11 PM
Admiral

So, why's a lab tech fighting off jail-breakers?

Dienekes
2013-02-05, 07:44 PM
Who the Hell is this now? He thought as a new voice answered the phone.

"Hello, is Vivienne there?"

Glarx
2013-02-05, 07:45 PM
"No, I'm afraid not. Who is this?"

Dienekes
2013-02-05, 09:55 PM
"Arnie, I'm a friend. Do you have any idea when she'll be back?"

Glarx
2013-02-06, 12:24 AM
"Considering she sold me the Tower, I'm going to guess she had some reason to not wish to return. If I see her again, I'll let her know you called."

Dienekes
2013-02-06, 05:38 PM
"Huh, I thought we were close enough friends that she'd havr told me she found a buyer. I guess I was wrong. I'm sorry I bothered you Miss...?"

What the Hell is going on today? Vivienne sold that ego fueled death tower? Not likely.

Glarx
2013-02-06, 05:41 PM
"Not at all, Arnie. It was nice to chat with you. If I see Vivienne I'll let her know you called."

What's the check to see whether she recognizes Arnold's voice as the fellow from the bar earlier in the night?

The_Admiral
2013-02-09, 07:52 PM
drack

"Huh? How do you know that?" he says, with a full mouth

Glarx
You remember Arnie, just not his name

drack
2013-02-09, 08:11 PM
The ninja gestures to his spiffy ninja garb. "Uh, you do know I'm like, a ninja, right?" Calmly the ninja takes another bite of meatball sub, having somehow managed to take bites without moving the face garb from over his mouth.

Glarx
2013-02-09, 09:30 PM
"Actually, one last question -- how did you get the bartender to get you a drink? He wouldn't give either myself or the gentleman I was standing next to the time of day."

Dienekes
2013-02-09, 09:58 PM
"Bartender, I...?" Roth paused, that tight lipped smile spread across his face without ever reaching his eyes. Suddenly his voice lost all the joviality that had started the conversation. "Lady Saya, I presume."

Glarx
2013-02-09, 10:00 PM
"I'm surprised you didn't recognize my accent -- how many people in Empire City answer the phone to the largest building around in Portuguese?" The sleepiness in her tone dropped. "Why don't you come over to the Cosmic Tower and we can discuss everything about the princess in person?"

Dienekes
2013-02-09, 11:49 PM
"Walk right into that death trap? I'd much rather meet somewhere more neutral. Do you know of Martelle's? I know it's late but I appear to have missed dinner."

Glarx
2013-02-09, 11:50 PM
"If you'll handle the reservations. I'll need to find an appropriate outfit... meet in forty-five minutes?"

The_Admiral
2013-02-10, 05:10 AM
drack
"I dunno, I just got this power right? And If I could save lives with it, I would."

Dienekes
2013-02-10, 07:37 AM
"I'll be there."

Glarx
2013-02-10, 07:43 AM
"I look forward to it! Tchau!"

Forty four minutes later, Saya stepped out of her limousine outside of Martelle's, cigarette in hand.

http://evamendesweb.info/photo/albums/film-production/2008-the-spirit/the-spirit-movie-still-promotional/2008-eva-mendes-the-spirit-04.jpg

drack
2013-02-10, 07:58 AM
Admiral
Ahh. In that case perhaps you could help me. You see, I came here to kill a vary evil man...

Dienekes
2013-02-10, 08:34 AM
Roth had gotten there early and waited patiently for Saya to arrive. As he saw her drive up in her limo he straightened his tie. "Madam," he said as she exited the car.

The_Admiral
2013-02-10, 11:03 AM
"Woah man, Kill?" he replies, seemingly caught off guard.

drack
2013-02-10, 12:27 PM
Chilling with the flash
Yes, you have a better suggestion on how to deal with Mr. White?

Glarx
2013-02-10, 12:46 PM
Saya smiled at him. "Sir. You clean up quite nicely, don't you? I take it you aren't actually a chauffeur."

The_Admiral
2013-02-10, 01:23 PM
drack
"Mr Who?" he replies befuddled.

I am off for the night

Dienekes
2013-02-10, 01:27 PM
"No more than you're a random barhopper. Shall we?" he says as he extends his arm, and carefully tries to uncover exactly who she is.

Subtle 2 mind read. Gleaning what her current plan is here. DC 20, let's hope this works, for once.

Glarx
2013-02-10, 01:38 PM
She took his arm. "I did say rather loudly how difficult it is to buy mile high buildings in South America. There wasn't a particular level of stealth I was aiming for."

[roll0]

drack
2013-02-10, 01:59 PM
Flash

The evil man

Dienekes
2013-02-10, 02:04 PM
Of course, what's the point of even having a damn superpower? Whatever annoyance he felt, he didn't show as he walked into the restaurant.
"I admit I was a bit distracted earlier, but if I knew you were buying that particular tower you'd have had my full attention."

The_Admiral
2013-02-10, 02:21 PM
drack

"Never heard of any criminal going by that name, though you are getting very repetitive."

drack
2013-02-10, 02:44 PM
Repetitive how? the nnja inquires caught off guard after having only re-informed the man with more details where requested.

Glarx
2013-02-10, 06:22 PM
If it's any consolation, neither my pheromones nor emotional control will work on players, so I know how it feels. :smallfrown:

"Then isn't it wonderful I'm here now?" she said with a smile. "Let's see if I've got this right -- you believe I stole the tower from Vivienne, who you considered something close to a friend, but we both know that's a lie because we've both known Vivienne for some time. She doesn't have friends. So now you're trying to figure out who I am, in order to understand why she would sell me the Tower. And don't think that she didn't -- do you think I'm stupid enough to try and steal something from the princess? I'm actually fond of living, smoking notwithstanding." She extinguished the cigarette before they entered the restaurant.

"Now then, let's get some dinner in you and we can talk over it."

drack
2013-02-10, 06:29 PM
Karal, who happened to be walking down the street, and whom most certainly did "not just emerge from a nearby wall as that would be lightly awkward, notices Saya and the man down the street. "Ah, so this is why you couldn't be helping me around town showing."

The_Admiral
2013-02-10, 08:08 PM
drack

"If I ask who is Mr White, you say he's an evil man, though you already told me he is 'evil' I mean what did he do?"

Glarx/Dinekes
YOu get shown to a table and a waiter walks up to you two asking for your orders.

Dienekes
2013-02-10, 08:13 PM
"I have never met you before, nor did I know that you knew Vivienne. And believe me when I say that I've met many people I would consider suicidally stupid. Any two-bit hacker can break into various government systems and create electronic copies of ownership." In fact I've used that ploy myself to gain three warehouses. "When I saw you affiliating with a hacker of some repute, just before I find you lounging about in her home. Well I'm sure you can see where I would..."

Roth stops as he is interrupted by the ninja from earlier. Ambush? Right in front of one of the most expensive restaurants in town? No one except a gang member could possibly be that sloppy. "And you are?"

drack
2013-02-10, 08:23 PM
Flash
"Mr. White is a man who uses his wealth to cause the deaths of thousands destroying entire civilizations where it is convenient for him. And you disapprove of such a man's death?"

Awkwardly bowing slightly to the man Karal replies "I am named Karal, and you?"

Glarx
2013-02-10, 11:24 PM
"We met earlier tonight, at the bar -- how remarkably coincidental. We'll have to continue that conversation inside, Arnie -- there are a few facts I'd like to speak to you about. But enough of that for now -- why are you here, Karal? I was under the impression you wanted to take a tour of the city, not see some of the high society."

Dienekes
2013-02-10, 11:24 PM
"Roth," said Roth.

The_Admiral
2013-02-11, 02:09 AM
drack

"Buddy, there is a due process for everything, even scum like the man you described. You can't just go off killing people left and right or else you'll end up exactly like him."

drack
2013-02-11, 03:02 AM
"I was touring the city. What better way then to troll down all it's streets? What of you, I thought you were off to an art show?"

flash

No, were I to twist the legal system to my whims, and to use it as a weapon, then I would be like him. Are you saying then that you would follow his path, manipulating society to your whims rather then facing your own problems head on?

The_Admiral
2013-02-11, 03:45 AM
drack

"So he isn't as bad as you say he is and it's all just you blowing something small out of proportion?"

HE BELIEVES IN THE LAWWWWW!

drack
2013-02-11, 03:58 AM
Yes, he believes that the law has it's uses. Then again you do know that I just said he has massacred villages when it was inconvenient to him. You sure this is the kind of guy you prefer?

OOC: Is this guy a total idiot, or does he just have serious short term memory loss? :smallconfused:

The_Admiral
2013-02-11, 04:05 AM
drack
"If he has, he would be in violation of three international laws, and various treaties depending on where those villages were. Just notify the Peacekeepers or hell, even UNIT. There are legitimate organizations you can take your grievances to."

OOC: For all he knows, you could be lying about the massacring villages part, or greatly exaggerating it.

Roll Knowledge Current Events

drack
2013-02-11, 04:10 AM
I'll take 20 (19) on it since I have more then enough of me hive-minded to do so. Still. One's first thoughts upon learning they have superpowers, then hearing of a crime boss is that the crime boss is a fallacy and the super powers real? silliness. :smalltongue: