PDA

View Full Version : Stormcaller

Leon
2013-01-23, 10:49 AM
Currently have a Druid that i was planning on being a melee type PC but the group has a over abundance of that now and have decided to go more caster focused (although still have the Shape-shift combat options)

I like Lightning and haven't done a PC that was focused on it for a long long time but do remember that a Lot of the Cool sounding "Lightning Theme" PrCs actually suck.

So what does the Playground Suggest ~ was thinking possibly picking up some Sorcerer and using it for Frost type spells

Vaz
2013-01-23, 10:58 AM
Take it, but take Energy Substitution and Admixture; bring down Lightning Spells, apply Acid/Sonic damage instead. Empowering Spell is a decent leap frog into the Feat Chain (unless you already have a Metamagic Feat).

herrhauptmann
2013-01-23, 11:07 AM
Hmm, what books do you have available? Is homebrew acceptable?

Energy substitution: Lightning.
Born of 3 thunders.
There's stormlord, a divine caster prc. Yeah prereqs suck, but so what? You're still a freaking cleric with full casting.

Frost:
There's frostmage. Requires arcane spells, but can advance arcane or divine.
Cryokineticist. Psychic that does ice stuff. I don't know how strong it is.
Winterhaunt of Iboreghu and Cloud Anchorite too. They don't seem too bad, take your frost/ice focus and shift it a little.

There's probably a few good reserve spells you can use with a frost or lightning theme in Complete Arcane.

thethird
2013-01-23, 11:11 AM
I had fun with one once using born of three thunders and quick recovery to turn all my spells into STORM!!!! spells.

Leon
2013-01-25, 03:23 AM
Hmm, what books do you have available? Is homebrew acceptable?

Pretty much anything 3.5 i have excluding Setting specifics (but i have access to a small selection of Forgotten Realms books via the DM)

Edit: Have decided to ask about possibly becoming a Knight of the Raven at a later date and till then staying as a Shapeshift Druid but with a Strong focus on Lightning spells/Party Support (its what i like best) and if something so happen to the PC i'll replace with a War Weaver