PDA

View Full Version : Is a Quasi-Deity Immune to AMF?

ShadowFireLance
2013-01-23, 11:31 AM
This came up in a game, I am a Quasi Deity,(DvR0, But still a deity) and Someone says that It does not count, and I should be affected by it, I say it does, and I should not, SO, Who is right?

Vaz
2013-01-23, 11:35 AM
Looking on the d20srd, all I could find relating to the AMF is salient abilities; and a DvR0 character has no Salient abilities, so it's a moot point.

ShadowFireLance
2013-01-23, 11:38 AM
Let me point you to...

AMF
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/antimagicField.htm

Artifacts and deities are unaffected by mortal magic such as this.

Telonius
2013-01-23, 11:48 AM
Deities aren't, but is a quasi-deity enough of a deity to count?

It does seem a bit unclear, and my gut reaction is "no." A quasi-deity can't grant spells, and doesn't have any salient abilities (such as Divine Spellcasting).

Marnath
2013-01-23, 12:00 PM
Deities aren't, but is a quasi-deity enough of a deity to count?

It does seem a bit unclear, and my gut reaction is "no." A quasi-deity can't grant spells, and doesn't have any salient abilities (such as Divine Spellcasting).

I say yes, because a clear distinction is made that "ordinary mortals" do not have a divine rank of 0, but have no divine rank at all. Coupling that with the header: "Each deity has a divine rank. A deity’s divine rank determines how much power the entity has." wherein 0 is an established rank, I'd say it's a clear cut case for divinity.

The Glyphstone
2013-01-23, 12:02 PM
Your items might still be affected, unless they are also artifacts/Epic items, but it seems pretty clear that you as the individual are not affected by an AMF.

hamishspence
2013-01-23, 12:04 PM
I could see basic traits not being affected.

But what about spells etc?

Would a Wizard with divine rank 0 be able to cast all their spells to full effect within an antimagic field?

Marnath
2013-01-23, 12:09 PM
I could see basic traits not being affected.

But what about spells etc?

Would a Wizard with divine rank 0 be able to cast all their spells to full effect within an antimagic field?

I'd say yes to this as well. The text simply says that deities are immune, there aren't any listed exceptions so it applies to everything the deity has a hand in.

ArcturusV
2013-01-23, 12:11 PM
That would also be my read. Even if you are merely the lowest rung of Godhood, it is still a God. And as such is beyond the mortal ken this spell is limited to.

ShadowFireLance
2013-01-23, 12:12 PM
That would also be my read. Even if you are merely the lowest rung of Godhood, it is still a God. And as such is beyond the mortal ken this spell is limited to.

Exactly! My Point, Even if you're the lowest, You are STILL a god, No matter what.