View Full Version : Help with an Unseen Seer build?

Nimrodel
2013-01-23, 12:15 PM
I've been working on an Unseen Seer (CM) build for an upcoming campaign. I'm trying to do an Illumian - I know they're not that great, but a) I have a cool roleplaying tie-in and b) the krau power signal would help with missing caster levels.

I'm currently looking at Wizard with either Rogue or Ninja.
Rogue = Better skills, easier sneak attack, evasion
Ninja = bonus on will saves, AC

I want to get 3 levels of wizard in, unless the third level (of wizard) would be a choice between wizard and unseen seer.

Currently what I'm looking at is:
1) Rogue or Ninja
2) Wizard
3) Wizard
4) Wizard
5) Rogue or Ninja
6+) Unseen Seer

We're doing a 28pt buy for abilities, so for Ninja possibly:
Str: 10
Dex: 12
Con: 14
Int: 16
Wis: 14
Cha: 8

Rogue:
Str: 9
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 17
Wis: 10
Cha: 8

Any tips?

Thrice Dead Cat
2013-01-23, 12:41 PM
Ninja introduces a fair bit of MAD what with the wisdom and all. I recommend only having one level in a noncasting class. You could also replace rogue with spellthief and the ever-mentioned Master Spellthief feat.

Build stub would then go as follows: Spellthief 1/Wizard 4/USS 10. Last five levels are either arcane trickster, abjurant champion, spellwarp sniper, or something else with fullcasting.

Be sure to grab the Hunter's Eye spell from the ranger spell list PHB2, Master Spellthief and the Craven feat.

gorfnab
2013-01-23, 12:52 PM
Rogue or Spellthief 1/ Wizard 5 (Spontaneous Divination ACF, CC)/ Unseen Seer 10/ Arcane Trickster 4

Chilingsworth
2013-01-23, 02:37 PM
Doesn't master spellthief require steal spell, and don't spellthieves only get that at 2nd level?

EDIT: nevermind, I saw steal spell effect and misread it.