PDA

View Full Version : House in a Can [PF/3.P]

PlusSixPelican
2013-01-23, 10:36 PM
I don't feel like wasting a spell slot on Tiny Hut, (as a Sorcerer), so I'm wondering: Are there any magic items that are a House in a Can, basically? So far, this is all I got: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/e-g/expedition-pavilion

So, is that good, or are there better items for a nice overhead roof?

UnjustCustos
2013-01-23, 10:50 PM
I've always liked the idea of furnishing an Enveloping Pit from the Magic Item Compendium. Ten feet long and ten feet wide material that makes a fifty foot pit. Turn it on it's side and it become a mobile home. Unfold to at least one foot by one foot and it "opens". Even great for getting a cheap room for the night and putting it on the back side of the door. And when it is time to roll out, fold it up and put it in your pocket.

andromax
2013-01-23, 10:55 PM
Daern’s Instant Fortress, DMG is an option.. though at 55k the spell slot is cheaper.

Vizzerdrix
2013-01-23, 11:35 PM
I like to use the folding boat, myself.

Darrin
2013-01-24, 06:32 AM
Instant Igloo (11000 GP, Frostburn).

Personal Oasis (18600 GP, Sandstorm).

Cloak of Shelter (12080 GP, A&EG).

Also, 3rd party:

Portable Headquarters (http://www.criticalmiss.com/issue8/portablehq2.html).

PlusSixPelican
2013-01-24, 10:46 AM
Wow, the folding boat is pretty swanky. I'm wondering what book it's from, though. I'd consider getting it an Air Keel if that item wasn't a six-figure GP item. I could just have a Roc pick it up, probably.

JeminiZero
2013-01-24, 10:53 AM
Eternal Wand of extended Rope Trick. Effectively a level 3 spell slot, cast at CL 5, extended for a total of 10 hours. Castable 2/day for a total of 20 hrs of shelter. Costs 10,900 gp and fairly safe. As a Sorcerer, you should be able to activate the wand without issue, or else you would need UMD.

Alternatively, get a Runestave of Rope Trick.

ericgrau
2013-01-24, 03:54 PM
Tiny hut is nice for the whole party concealment too, especially but not only during ambushes. If you have a lot of ranged guys including yourself it's worth consideration.

Or you could always fill a handy haversack with actual tents. I mean, I dunno if I can find a roof that costs less than 2,000 gp.

If you have a party cleric then nap stack is a third level spell reducing your whole party's rest times to 2 hours, even for the purpose of preparing spells.

A campfire bead is 720 gp and provides a portable lasting campfire. If everyone has sleeping bags then that could provide minimal accommodations.

Vizzerdrix
2013-01-24, 04:11 PM
Wow, the folding boat is pretty swanky. I'm wondering what book it's from, though. I'd consider getting it an Air Keel if that item wasn't a six-figure GP item. I could just have a Roc pick it up, probably.

Boat, Folding: DMG page249 Price 7200. Combine it with the spells Suspension (Sor/wiz 4th: Shining South) and Submerge Ship (Sor/Wiz 7th: Spell Compendium) so you can use it everywhere.

Also, Magic of Faerun has a nifty little cloak that will always make sure you have food, water (or tea), and a tent for 1,200.