PDA

View Full Version : Elfkin Rise

GoddessSune
2013-01-23, 11:21 PM
Evereska
The Vale of Evereska is located high amidst the Shaeradim, a small mountain range on the western edge of Anauroch, due north of the Battle of Bones. Humans sometimes employ the nomenclature Graycloak Hills for the mountains surrounding Evereska , but that is more properly applied to the next set of hills to the north, also known as the Tomb Hills. This verdant valley and walled city of the elves is the greatest known concentration of moon elven Fair Folk remaining in Faerūn—beautiful, cultured place of beauty where few are welcome.

Aramil Liadon moves through the narrow cleft in the mountains, the lone access to Evereska, towards The Hafway Inn, the lone elven outpost and trading post.

Zack Reever
2013-01-24, 12:24 AM
As the scenery slips by thoughts begin to overwhelm him - This is a very important spot in my life. Am I up to this? Do I have the strength both physically and mentally? Do I really know what I'm doing?. He picks up stride resolute that no matter if he knows what he's doing or has the strength, he will proceed. This is what he's been hoping for most of his life.

Aramil keeps heading for the Halfway Inn, making it the first stop upon his journey. He checks to make sure if need be he can reach and access his weapons without delay. Hoping it won't be necessary so soon.

GoddessSune
2013-01-24, 10:45 PM
The early spring day is quite nice, being partly cloudy. The cold chill of winter can still be felt in the air. Your travel out of Evereska Vale is quite safe. You, in fact, see several elven patrols both on foot and mounted. The patrols, every vigilant and on guard, keep their distance from you, only giving the slightest nod.

By just after mid day, you make it to The Halfway Inn, nestled in some thick woods. Much more then 'just' an inn, it's nearly a small village. The inn itself is the most prominent structure, being three stories high. Around the inn are several stables, warehouses and smaller outer buildings. You see plenty of activity as folk move about doing various chores.

Zack Reever
2013-01-24, 11:46 PM
Not knowing the next time he'll have a chance to have a "real" meal Aramil heads into the Halfway Inn to find a table and get some food. He cheerfully greets the Innkeeper and the wait staff, ordering a modest meal with drink.

Aramil takes a look around curious as to what people come around the establishment.

GoddessSune
2013-01-26, 01:06 PM
The common room of the Halfway Inn is quite large. A log bar and kitchen take up almost one whole wall. The other wall has a (empty) stage. The back wall is full of curtained booths. The main floor is full of large wooden tables.

The staff of the Inn looks to be all elves. Two elf males in light brown clothing are working the bar, while a male elf in white clothing works the kitchen area. Three young female servers in flower dresses, one red, one blue and one yellow, move about the room.

The common room has several guests in it:
.Three human males all in plate armor sit at one table
.Two male halflings in brown leather sit at a table
.One human female in green robes sits alone at the bar
.A bald human male in a black robe sits alone at the bar
.A dwarf male in chaimail sits alone at the bar
.An elf male and female in green leathers sit at a table with a human in dark green clothing.
.An elf male in black robes sits at a table with a human male also in black robes
.An elf male and female, both in blue robes sit at a table with a large crab-like humanoid
.Two young elven females in tight white and black leathers sit at a table...and are occasionally looking your way.

Zack Reever
2013-01-26, 05:34 PM
When he is done eating, Aramil approaches the 2 female elves in tight leathers.

Saying in such a low voice so as they only hear and in elven Greetings ladies, is this seat taken?

OOC - if they say it is, make sure to pay my bill and continue on my way.

If they indicate I may sit I continue as such

Sit down in a chair facing both of them.

I have noticed you have taken an interest in me. Would you two have need of my services or company?

GoddessSune
2013-01-27, 09:07 PM
"Sweet laughter and good life" says one of the elven females. "I'm Dolwen Moonwillow, and this is my sister, Faervel. We welcome you to sit and share bread with us. Dolwen moves her hand over to indicate one of the empty chairs, as Faervel slides a small basket of bread sticks across the table.

"Your fresh out of Everseka, a valley elf out to see the world. We can tell the signs. It was, after all us, a couple of moons ago.Dolwen

"And we are always happy to have the company of a male such as yourself" Faervel says with a wink.

"As for what service you can do....well that will depend a bit on what can you do? Are you a warrior? A spellcaster?"Says Dolwen.

"And just as important, what will and won't you do?Says Faervel.

Zack Reever
2013-01-28, 03:41 AM
I am a warrior, although I have shown an interest for the arcane. He says as he takes one of the offered breadsticks. As long as innocent and good people don't get hurt I have a open mind to just about anything. Saying this with a mischievous grin in Farvels direction.

GoddessSune
2013-01-29, 03:14 PM
Faervel "Well, it just so happens we do have a problem you should be able to help with. Recovering a high ladies item."

Dolwen"High lady Vesserenta Goldriver has lost her ancestral cameo. It's a small necklace that contains the spell images of the families ancestors. She was on her way to a trade meet in Najara when her group was attacked by ogres. The guards made short work of the brutes, but not before Woster took advantage of the fight to steal the cameo.""

Faervel"Woster is a goblin, a thief, who has been operating in the area for the last year or so. He is very smart, for a goblin, and has some means of foiling divinations."

"The lady has so far failed to get the cameo back. Her methods are just too traditional to catch a thief like Woster. But with you, we have a good in."

"One of Woster's other well know tricks is that he likes to take advantage of elves right out of the valley, just like you. someone just like you, should be able to get close to him and get the cameo back."

"It should not be so hard for you to find Woster, or better to let him find you. After all, you just need to walk around like you have never left Everseka Valley before."

"What do you think? Sound like something you could do? Or would want to do?

Zack Reever
2013-01-30, 02:45 AM
Aramil begins to smile. I'm willing to recover this cameo for you and help out the High Lady. This sounds like a good beginning to my travels. How soon do you want to start? Immediately? He continues to patiently eat the bread stick while waiting for a answer. There is a eager gleam to his eyes as he looks to Dolwen and Faervel.

GoddessSune
2013-01-31, 02:38 AM
Dolwen"Well the cameo was stolen almost a week ago, and the High Lady sure wants it back baddy, so finding it soon would be a good idea."

Faervel"As far as known, Woster is a typical northern goblin:short, dark hair, dark skin. He will often be found in black leathers. But most of all he likes to drop his name."

"Chances are he makes a hole in the lawless lands east of Everseka. Lots of goblins and other humanoids live there.

Zack Reever
2013-01-31, 02:35 PM
Well if there's no other information to impart I'll start on my assignment Armil waits to see if there is anymore before getting up to leave collecting his gear and walking out of the Inn heading out of Evereska going in a esterly direction.

GoddessSune
2013-02-01, 12:15 AM
Dolwen"If you need anything, we are here often. If we are not here, see the waitress Yuressa."

Faervel"Good fortune."

Zack Reever
2013-02-02, 06:24 AM
Turns to Dolwen I'll keep that in mind. And in Faervels direction May we meet again. wink.

Aramil wastes no time collecting his gear and departing the outpost heading in a easterly direction from Evereska in his search for Woster.

GoddessSune
2013-02-02, 08:38 PM
Only a couple hundered feet east of the Halfway Inn, you come across a sign on a pole. It reads, in both common and elfish, Warning Wilderness Ahead. End of Patrolled Area.

Just beyond the pole, the land becomes much more rugged and wild. There is no road or path, so you must make your own. The land is rough and rocky, filled with high grasses, patches of thorns and scattered groves of trees.

After about another hour of walking, you hear several high pitched yelps and screams from up ahead. From a rocky ledge, overlooking a depression, you spot three goblins sitting on some rocks. The goblins are yelping at each other (in goblin) and making small talk about what type of worm tastes better.

For the most part, each goblin is dressed in little more then rags and mismatched tuffs of fur. Except for one of the goblins that is wearing a fairly nice leather vest that is at least a size too big for him. They don't look all that well armed, but each of them has a club.

They don't give any indication they have detected your presence.

Zack Reever
2013-02-03, 05:09 AM
Aramil takes note of their equipment and awareness, he then backtracks to a point where they would first hear on a trail of some sort and starts making his away on this trail in their general direction whistling in a joyous tune. Without making it too obvious he seems to be taking in the scenery and walking at a calm sedate pace.

GoddessSune
2013-02-03, 10:16 PM
It takes only a couple minutes for the goblins to discover your presence and then make a very clumsy attempt to hide and encircle you. But, eventually, the three do encircle you and 'suddenly' jump out from behind rocks and bushes.

"Drops your weapons and surrender! says the goblin in the over sided nice vest, "Gives us all your loot and you can lives!"

Zack Reever
2013-02-04, 03:16 AM
Alright I surrender let's not get too jumpy.

Aramil starts to slowly reach for his quiver only with his left hand so as to draw their attention away from his right. When he is sure they are fixated on the quiver he drops it while simultaneously drawing his courtblade from it's sheath and beginning to attack one of the "lesser" 2 goblins.

since I know it's coming I'll roll initiative now
[roll0]

GoddessSune
2013-02-04, 10:27 PM
You attempt to Bluff the goblins:

Aramil Bluff [roll0]
Goblins Sense Motive [roll1]

Your misdirection with your quiver fools the goblins. You gain a 'surprise round to act'.

For coming combat:
Goblin Initiative [roll2]

You will go first in combat. You may take your surprise action and your first round of combat action.

Zack Reever
2013-02-05, 02:07 AM
I'm going off the assumption I was able to draw my courtblade.
With that in mind he attacks the nearest of the 2 "minion" goblins [roll0] damage [roll1]. He then either keeps attacking this goblin if doesn't go down or attacks the other "minion" goblin if his "buddy" does go down [roll2] damage [roll3].
Should my earlier assumption be wrong he will draw sword with surprise round and attack with standard initiative.

GoddessSune
2013-02-05, 02:37 AM
You were able to draw your blade. The goblins were distracted by your bluff. In any case, If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you may draw a weapon as a free action combined with a regular move.

Both of your attacks are right on the mark and both minion goblins flop dead to the ground with only light whimpers.

Taking your surprise action, and round 1 action.

The last goblins first round action is to Withdraw and jog away. The goblin is able to move 60 feet away from you, in more or less a straight line, heading towards some rocks.

Zack Reever
2013-02-05, 04:16 AM
Aramil will double move to catch up to the goblin. Make this easier on yourself and surrender, I have no intention to kill you in cold blood. And I will be more merciful than you were willing to be.

GoddessSune
2013-02-05, 10:06 AM
The goblin turns around and stops moving. He looks from rock to bush to tree and then looks at you. Then he drops his club and holds up his hands.

"I give up!" says the goblin in common.

Zack Reever
2013-02-05, 03:51 PM
I'm looking for one of your kind, short dark hair dark skin wears black leather and goes by the name Woster. Wouldn't know where he is would you? Woster took something that didn't belong to him I'm here to get it back. No other people have to suffer for his mistakes. And while we're on the subject I'd suggest you think real hard about being a bandit...there are those individuals that would just kill you for the insult of being waylaid. I'm not one of them. There are other ways for you to prosper.

GoddessSune
2013-02-05, 09:08 PM
"Er, sure, me know Woster. He's not one of us, he has no pack. And me not ban-dit, me take back from the elves what you took from the goblins. Fair is fair is all."Says the goblin.

Zack Reever
2013-02-06, 02:30 AM
Aramil takes out a cloth and starts cleaning off his blade. I offer my condolences for your companions deaths, I will also offer compensation for the information you have of Wosters location. I'll start with this. Aramil sheaths his sword once he's done cleaning it and takes off his pack, reaching in he takes out one of his trail rations and hands it over for the goblin. I would suggest you think about what I said before. No person likes being robbed or threatened. A different tact might get you heard and taken seriously.

GoddessSune
2013-02-06, 01:29 PM
"Me, Bgekoz Says the goblin as he points to himself with his thumb.

He looks at the two dead goblins and shrugs, "Me not care about them. They just tribelings." Says Bgekoz.

Bgekoz watches you carefully as you clean off your sword blade. Slowly he moves over and starts to remove things from the dead goblins: a ball of clay from between some toes, a ball of wax from an ear, a small copper cup and a dead rat.

Bgekoz takes the offered trail ration and nibbles on it "Yuck, not as good as fresh food"

Me, think more then some. " says Bgekoz with a shrug.

Zack Reever
2013-02-06, 09:54 PM
I'll agree, however it's probably better for you and more filling than eating worms. Is coins enough to buy the information you have or is there something else you want?

GoddessSune
2013-02-06, 11:35 PM
"What is wrong with worms? A live, wiggling worm taste better then your dry elf food" Bgekoz says as he sticks out his tongue to show you some have chewed trail ration bits. "Worms and grubs and bugs is good food."

"Coins? Coins is good. We likes the coins." Bgekoz's eyes light up at the word 'coin'.

Zack Reever
2013-02-07, 03:50 AM
Take a gold coin from his pouch and say theres more if you can remember where Woster's home is.

GoddessSune
2013-02-07, 10:15 PM
Bgekoz's eyes light up as he looks at the gold coin. Um, well me wants coin. But me not know where Woster lives. Him have no pack, no tribe. But me know how to find him. " Bgekoz smiles and and holds out his hand.

Zack Reever
2013-02-08, 04:37 AM
Aramil hands over the gold piece saying if you can find me Woster I'll give you another coin. Let's not waste time. I'll get my quiver and we'll be going.

Once Bgekoz takes the gold piece he goes to collect his quiver and arrows. After making sure the arrows are in the quiver and it's sitting over pack Aramil motions Bgekoz to proceed him since he knows the way.

GoddessSune
2013-02-09, 09:54 PM
Bgekoz"Me not know where he live. Tribeless goblins keep homes secret, um lots of goblin's do too. But me know where he be. Will be. Soon or later."

Zack Reever
2013-02-10, 03:56 AM
Lead on I have as long as it will take to recover the necklace. Show me the place Woster will be then you will receive the rest of your pay.

GoddessSune
2013-02-11, 01:10 AM
"Alright" Bgekoz walks over and picks up his club and starts to walk eastward, "This way"

Bgekoz walks along eastward, through the rough and broken land. There is nothing like a trail, but he seems to be heading in more or less a straight line. By late afternoon, he leads you down into a canyon and follows the rocky bank of a fast moving river(only about 20 feet wide at most and no more then 10 feet deep). Just before sunset, Bgekoz leads you from the canyon, into a valley between some steep rocky hills. The valley floor is quite rocky and broken, with scattered clumps of trees and brush. You can pick out dozens of caves all around, as well as at least a dozen goblns(though they are constantly going in and out of a the caves so it's hard to tell how many).

Bgekoz "MordMoot!" pointing is litle finger down into the valley.

Zack Reever
2013-02-11, 05:19 AM
Aramil hands Bgekoz the second gold piece. Before we part ways do you know of any roads or trails nearby that bandits and/or brigands use to separate traveling folk from their loot?

GoddessSune
2013-02-12, 03:57 AM
Bgekoz"Oh, no. No bandits around here. MordMoot is a safe place. NewTrail. No body robs or steals or fights here. But there a good canyon path ambush spot just a little north of here. But it gets crowded with bandits too often. And ones on the canyon path know about it too."

Bgekoz happily takes his other gold coin.

Zack Reever
2013-02-12, 04:37 AM
Making some quick calculations Aramil takes out 2 gold pieces and 5 silver pieces saying Thank you for your help, heres a sign of my gratitude I would suggest you find a town/city/or outpost that doesn't mind goblins and get yourself some good food, a bed, and better more fitting clothes.

After seeing Bgekoz off Aramil makes camp nearby in a suitable location. He eats some trail rations, then he takes out his bedroll and trances for 4 hours with his weapons right next to him.

GoddessSune
2013-02-12, 07:45 PM
Bgekoz takes the coins and with a nod moves off southward.

The sun has set by the time you make camp, and the wildness around you plunges into darkness.

Making camp at about 8 pm and starting your trance at about 9pm for four fours has you coming out of it at 1 am, in the middle of the night.

The wilderness around is full of noise as wildlife moves about, though nothing comes close enough to trouble you.

Zack Reever
2013-02-12, 08:43 PM
Aramil packs up his "camp" and waits until about 8 am(partaking of some rations for breakfast) then starts walking around the valley as if he hasn't been there before.

GoddessSune
2013-02-13, 09:56 PM
Just after 8 am, a single wagon moves into view, from the west. It's a large wooden wagon, being pulled by two horses and being driven by an elf male in brown robes. The wagon makes it's way into the canyon, more or less on the path.

You may make a Spot check if you want to look for anything (or are you trying to be ''surprised'')

Zack Reever
2013-02-14, 12:44 AM
Well the sisters said that this Woster takes advantage of naive elves just out of evereska, so I'm figuring that it might not be so much a ambush as a con. And Bgekoz said he was going to be coming to this valley eventually so All I have to do is wait without giving the impression that I know where I'm going. Basically a waiting game.
[roll0]
I start out on my way and give greeting to the elf in the wagon. Greetings good sir, a fine day isn't it? Would you like some company?

Zack Reever
2013-02-14, 02:18 AM
Yes being "surprised" is the name of the game.

GoddessSune
2013-02-15, 03:24 AM
The elf on the wagon comes to a stop as he sees you and you call out. He watches you approach with his hand on his sword hilt, looking around.

"Greetings, there, lone traveler. Or might you be the vanguard for a group of bandits, per chance? "

Zack Reever
2013-02-15, 05:28 AM
Putting his hands to he sides far enough away from his body to indicate he's not going for a weapon. Yeah that combat surprise with the first encounter I forgot about the fact that longbows are usually so big that you practically have to be carrying it around every where, left hand.

I'm just a lone traveler who has recently "broken camp". I mean no harm. If you don't trust me you can just keep going and I'll start on my own way. I come from Evereska. I want no trouble.

If needed diplomacy [roll0] for what he just said to convince the traveling elf of what was said.

GoddessSune
2013-02-16, 01:42 AM
"I'm from Evereska myself. But one can't be too careful out here in these wild lands. The leaf blows even say the goblin bandits have an elf working for them, or with them. But perhaps you are what you say you are, just a lone traveler. Somehow you just don't seem the bandit type. I'm Camthalion Highthistle. Nice to meet you." Says Camthalion as he moves his hand away from his weapon.

It's common enough to 'wear' a long bow. You simply but your head between the string and the bow, with the string across your chest and the bow over your back. They also make sheath backpacks to carry bows in. You also have the option of carrying the bow unstrung.

Zack Reever
2013-02-16, 02:35 AM
Calmly bringing his hands back down to his sides Nice to meet you Camthalion my name is Aramil Liadon and that is news to me, an elf helping goblin bandits? Then I understand your caution. My offer still stands about accompanying you along your way.

It's in a backpack style sheath on his back.

GoddessSune
2013-02-17, 04:09 AM
Camthalion"I'd welcome the company. It's been a long ride from Llorkh. But I can't offer you any pay, I'm just barley breaking even as it is on this job."

"It's a bit odd that an elf would become a member of a goblin bandit band, but there are just to many stories, too many sightings, for it not to have some fact too it. Guess it's like the elders always said:goblins can corrupt young naive elves"

Zack Reever
2013-02-17, 06:47 AM
The company is enough for me, no pay needed. I was always raised that you help another elf in need no matter what the circumstance. However not all circumstances are equal, and hearing about other elves helping goblin bandits...we'll see what happens I guess. What is this Llorkh you speak of? Another town or settlement I assume?

GoddessSune
2013-02-18, 03:33 AM
Camthalion "Welcome then. he moves over a bit to make room on the wagon seat.

"Yes, Llorkh is the town where my employer lives. It's full of dwarves and humans. It's not a bad place, but it's not a nice place either.

"I'm on my way east to a tree grove to get some dryad mud. The wagon is just full of empty barrels. They mix the mud with other stuff and sell it to the womenfolk. Though I'm not sure what it does, or why they buy it. But they do. "

Zack Reever
2013-02-18, 11:23 PM
Dryad mud? That must be a sight. How much do they pay for this Dryad's mud? I just left Evereska what places are there to go around here that wouldn't be inhospitable?

GoddessSune
2013-02-19, 12:11 AM
Camthalion "Well, the dryad mud is not much to look at, it's just mud. Well, it just look like mud. I'm not sure how much it costs. I'd never buy it. I'm just the transporter. But places to go? Well, your sure going the wrong way heading east. East of Evereska is some of the worst wildness full of dangerous monsters until you get to the sands of Anauroch. After all Evereska is made to be an isolated hidden home for pure true elf kind. West and south is where all the civilization is, non elven ones, that is. Llorkh for example is behind us, west and a little north. Where were you looking to go?"

Zack Reever
2013-02-19, 04:49 AM
I've known a pretty sheltered life and wish to branch out...learn of the world and bring my own light into it. I'm seeking to test myself. Although Llorkh sounds interesting in it's own way I think south would do. Get out in a different direction from home.

GoddessSune
2013-02-19, 04:40 PM
Camthalion "Yea, you do have valley elf growing out from all over you. I'm not sure Llorkh would be the right place for you. It can be quite rough. A lot of the world is not exactly elf friendly to say the least."

Zack Reever
2013-02-20, 12:05 AM
If we don't venture out though finding those elf friendly places won't happen. My curiosity might be getting the better of me. I have thought it through though, it's better I go and see the world now while in my "youth" and I have as open a mind rather than later on when I would've already made up my mind and closed off most of the possibilities open to me now.

GoddessSune
2013-02-20, 12:36 AM
Camthalion "Well, of course, elves need to get out and see the world. After all, it's exactly what I did over thirty years ago. And look at me now. And yes, far too many elves are far too closed minded."

Zack Reever
2013-02-20, 04:48 AM
Nods in Canthalions direction as an acknowledgment of what he said. What dangers is in this forest other than bandits and goblins? And what towns would you suggest to look for further south?

GoddessSune
2013-02-20, 10:02 AM
Camthalion "Well, this barren rocky land is hardly what I would call a forest. And it only gets worse as you get closer to the desert. Bad magic and all that. And it's not just enough that the magic twists the land and life, but then you got the phaerimm or the creatures that serve them like illithids or beholders. They make all sorts of horrible monsters and then let them run wild. Most I'd guess die off, but some breed true.

And recommend a town or city for what? What exactly are you looking for?"

Zack Reever
2013-02-20, 07:38 PM
Right now not necessarily anything. I listen to those with more experience and wiser than me, I figured since you've been "out here" longer than me you might know which places are a good start.

GoddessSune
2013-02-20, 11:15 PM
Camthalion "Well, Najara, the serpent kingdom is just a bit south west of here. It sure would be an experience. The serpent folk are friendly enough, just different. Scornubel is sure full of adventure, being a cross roads city and all. It can be very dangerous though. Secomber is a bit more southeast and it's a nice mix of quiet town and border town. And, of course, the biggest closest city south of here is Baldur's Gate. It sure would be a sight and experience. And more south is the nation of Amn, a more different experience then you can imagine now."

Zack Reever
2013-02-21, 12:33 AM
You have definitely given me much to think on. shall we partake of the scenery just incase those bandits you mentioned try to get the drop on us simple travelers? Aramil lapses into a introspective silence, while keeping an eye and ear out for trouble.

GoddessSune
2013-02-21, 12:52 AM
Camthalion "My wagon is warded against bandits. You don't need to worry about them much. They won't be able to see or hear us at all. Did not think I'd be all the way out here in the wilderness without a bit of elven advantage did you?"

The ''path'' of more or less flat, packed dirt is descending and leading into the steep canyon area. The canyon walls are rough and rocky, but only about twenty feet high or so.

Zack Reever
2013-02-22, 05:39 AM
I would expect you having done this before and having been out in the world longer than I have planned for nearly every occurrence, however life still can surprise you on occasion. I didn't mean to imply anything negative about your preparedness or precautions.

Aramil continues to think on what he's going to do after this while not letting the scenery lull him into complacency.

GoddessSune
2013-02-22, 06:51 AM
Camthalion "You are right to say life can surprise you. But then if it did not, why go on living?" He looks over towards you, "Ah, thinking about the future? I think I know that look."

Up ahead on the dirt path, right in the middle of the path, lays a closed wooden chest....

Zack Reever
2013-02-23, 05:23 AM
Aramil keeps his head looking in the direction of the chest, but turns his eyes to either side looking for and listening for anything out of the ordinary. listen and spot check [roll0].

GoddessSune
2013-02-23, 11:41 PM
The land around, the sides of the canyon, are empty and quite as far as you can tell. Nothing is moving around, and you hear no noise other then the rolling wagon.

Camthalion does not seem to overly notice the chest, and simply has the wagon going right towards it on the dirt path.

Zack Reever
2013-02-25, 12:40 AM
Aramil lets Camthalion keep heading for the chest. Although not reaching for a weapon Aramil is mentally readying himself for whatever happens.

GoddessSune
2013-02-25, 06:25 AM
Camthalion While staying straight on the path, maneuvers both the horses and the wagon wheels so they don't so much as touch the chest as they move over it.

Camthalion looks over at you as soon as the last wheel rolls past the chest "Well, well, might just be hope for you yet"

Zack Reever
2013-02-27, 12:30 AM
That was too obvious. Curiosity isn't a problem, not knowing when or how to control your curiosity is. That was a more than likely a trap.

GoddessSune
2013-02-27, 06:05 AM
Three black shafted, sliver tipped arrows suddenly appear from no where, just a couple of feet in front of the wagon. Each arrow slams in to Camthalion's chest and goes all the way through his torso, so the arrow heads stick into the wooden seat behind him, pinning him in place. Camthalion only lets out a slight gasp as the arrows hit him and then quickly goes limp.

About twenty feet in front of the wagon, a goblin male in black leather armor fades into view with a short bow in his hands."Haha! Take that 'elf lord'! Hahaeahaha! I win! Woster won! Elf lord zero!" says the goblin in elfish.

Zack Reever
2013-02-27, 04:31 PM
Aramil looks over at Camthalion like he's confused as to what just happened, then checks to see if Camthalion is dead or alive [roll0].

Was that really necessary? I'm sure your grievances could be aired in a more appropriate manner.

GoddessSune
2013-02-28, 01:46 AM
Woster "Careful elf boy, he is a dark and evil one....he has got death blossoms on him. Best to not touch him. You would not want to trigger his blood dragon."

Camthalion is not moving at all, and is also not breathing.

Zack Reever
2013-02-28, 04:01 AM
If this is true why not alert what amounts to the authorities around these parts? From your actions any other person could construe you as being the evil one. What is a death blossom or blood dragon? Was that chest a part of your ploy to ambush this elf?

Aramil slowly and cautiously gets off the wagon. Not knowing what to do he waits for Woster to continue.

Sense Motive on what he just said [roll0] and any other thing said in this conversation from this point.

GoddessSune
2013-02-28, 11:33 AM
Woster believes everything he has said, and shows no indication of telling a lie.

"Author-A-Teas? Like guards or Lawmen? We are in the wildness! There is no one around. What me do? Take him over to elf lands? And who you think elves take side of: elf or goblin?

Death blossom, like the flower....all the elf blood forms into dragon shape to kill the killer.

Chest? Hahaha, oh that is Honh and Felurp 's trap. I've not done such thing senice I was a gobling

Woster keeps his eyes on you as you move off the wagon, his hands on his bow and bow string. Though you notice that he wears no quiver.

Zack Reever
2013-02-28, 08:26 PM
Point taken. What is it this elf does that makes him evil? And certainly you have some proof?

GoddessSune
2013-03-02, 12:44 AM
Woster "Proof? Proof? My, my, my you are a very green valley elf are you not? Proof?

Listen, I can't stay around here for long.....I'm a wanted gob..hehehe"

With his left hand he pulls a strip of hard salted beef from a pouch and puts it between his teeth.

Zack Reever
2013-03-02, 02:08 AM
Your an interesting goblin Woster do you mind if I accompany you? Wanted? Not a bandit are you?

GoddessSune
2013-03-03, 02:50 AM
Woster "I'm wanted for many things, but I'm no common bandit.

You want to come with me? Why? " He looks you up and down as his eyes glow with a soft green light.

Zack Reever
2013-03-03, 06:40 AM
Your more intelligent and free thinking than I was expecting, and since I had no real destination in mind why not? just in case bluff check [roll0] I have been told that we elves have taken something from you goblins, although I'm not sure about this claim if there is thievery such has been claimed on the part of my fellow elves I wish to try and rectify the situation.

GoddessSune
2013-03-05, 04:46 AM
Sense Motive
[roll0]

Woster looks you up and down and shuffles his feet back and forth.

"Well, all right, you sound like just my kind of elf. I'm alway happy to help out a young elf like you. Lift that elf blindness the mind wash you with growing up." He swings his short bow over his shoulder.

"We need to move now. Not good to stay in one place very long. You can fast step, right? Follow..."

He turns and starts to jog off to the east.

Zack Reever
2013-03-05, 05:27 AM
Aramil keeps himself from breathing a sigh of relief when Woster goes for it. He puts on a cheerful face and keeps pace with Woster wasting no time.

GoddessSune
2013-03-05, 05:49 AM
Woster jogs along for a good hour, then finally slows to a walk. As you travel, the land becomes much, much dryer. The ground becomes more broken and cracked. Most plant life is not around, except for cacti and scrub brush. Loose sand, dirt and dust blow around in the wind.

Eventualtly Woster moves over to a rocky cliff face and removes a leather tarp that covers and hides a cave entrence. He moves inside and shakes a metal box full of bugs. The bugs start to glow and light up the small cave. You see two wooden boxes, and three large flat rocks in the cave. Woster sits on a rock.

"Come on in, we are safe here."

Zack Reever
2013-03-06, 10:10 PM
Aramil enters the cave and sits on one of the flat rocks.
Nice place you got here.

GoddessSune
2013-03-10, 06:25 PM
Woster"This is not my home, if that is what your thinking elf boy. Your not even a century old, hum? My real home is much nicer. This is just a safe cave."

Woster opens one of the wooden boxes and pulls out several pieces of wood and starts a small fire. Then pulls an iron pot out of the box, half fills it with water from his waterskin and puts it on the fire. Then he starts to take thing out of his pockets and adds them to the pot: several white and red berries, leaves, handfulls of grass, some bark, and some grasshoppers.

"Stew will be ready soon. So how about you start about you? Who are you? What is your name anyway? And how did you become to be out here?" he asks.

Zack Reever
2013-03-11, 03:04 AM
My name is Aramil Liadon, I'm from Evereska west of here. I happen to be over 130 years old. And I have started out on my way to explore the outside world, heading to the east seemed like a easy intuitive direction to head.

GoddessSune
2013-03-12, 04:36 AM
Woster "I see, I see. Well, see the world, hummm? Well, your lucky you met me. I've been around. No better guide your gonna find but me. But more then a guide, a men torn, a friend" says Woster as he pulls a wooden spoon out of a pocket and stirs the stew.

Zack Reever
2013-03-12, 08:23 PM
Well friend would you like more materials for your stew? Aramil will offer the parts of his trail rations that would go better with such a meal, meat, and vegetables, raisins, etc.
So, what else do you do around here? And how can I help out if possible?

GoddessSune
2013-03-12, 08:46 PM
Woster "Of course, of course. Add anything you'd like. Goblin Stew is meant to be a sharing." he waves his hand over the stew pot.

"Do? I make a living and survive. What do you do, eh? I'm tribe-less. A lone wolf. What was left of my tribe was defeated and destroyed by another. So I have no tribe. And I'm a bit too different, I got magic blood. See my grand father was captured by an elf, just like you. And he tried to make him a better servant through magic. For many moons they kept him trapped in magic liquid. But eventually the elf gave up or such. And he just dumped my grand father out with the garbage. But my grand father did not die. He lived. He got a woman. He had many kids. And eventually me. But my grand father was changed, he had magic blood. And so does all his kids and there kids and down to me."

Zack Reever
2013-03-13, 03:27 AM
Aramil adds in the parts of his rations that would go with the stew to make it better and more for both of them. Until recently...growing training learning how to earn the honor to wield my ancestors blade. I've been training my body and mind to help in martial endeavors while learning some basics of magic just in case I should feel the need to incorporate such arts. I'm a warrior. I'm hoping to make a difference in the world, to bring out what is right and good - to bring a light into the dark corners. Most of what I want can seem idealistic and a little naive. Experimenting on sentient beings, I haven't heard of such things although that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've been wanting to ask you, I heard rumors of elves getting ambushed by Ogres recently. Do you know about that? I would rather not have to fight such battles if avoidable.

GoddessSune
2013-03-13, 07:11 PM
Woster "Ogres, humm, yea there are some about. I even ran with a group of ogres for a bit. Not very nice creatures. But everyone attacks the elves. They deserve it for all the evil and trouble they have caused."

Woster stirs the stew a bit more and takes a sip. He then nods, mostly to himself. He gets two wooden bowls out of the crate and hands you one. He quickly fills his own bowl and takes a gulp.

Zack Reever
2013-03-14, 10:10 AM
Sense Motive on the last part of Wosters recent small talk and any answers to what will be said next [roll0]
Aramil accepts the bowl, inclining his head toward Woster graciously. Thank you.
Aramil starts eating the stew. What evil and trouble would you be speaking of? It must be dreadful to attract the enmity of so many other beings.

GoddessSune
2013-03-14, 07:46 PM
Woster believes everything he has said. As far as you can tell he has not told a lie or an untruth.

Woster "What? By the Great Wolf! Elves think they own the world. The rest of us are just in the way. Elves don't like you, they just attack and kill and slaughter and destroy. Then elfs sit back and say they all about peace and happiness. While they hold a bloody sword. Take my grand father, just out hunting and grabbed and experimented on just for elf fun. And that sort of thing happens all the time. Elves need to do some target practice, they go find some goblin targets!

Zack Reever
2013-03-15, 02:44 AM
Sounding surprised I'm appalled another elf would act that way. I've been raised to revere life and the rights of others to live and be happy. I was taught to respect others views as long as those beliefs didn't infringe upon the freedoms and rights of others. I'm genuinely sorry and appalled about what happened to your grandfather.
Just how can you blame every elf for the actions of one? For instance should one of you goblins indiscriminately attack and kill someone else, should we now call all of you goblins evil?
As for us going to war do we not get the right to defend ourselves like anyone else? And does defending ourselves mean we don't want peace? If we should need target practice I'm sure there are more appropriate targets then innocents.
I'm not disputing what you claim it's just that some of these accusations seem one-sided. On top of that if we truly wanted you oppressed or dead why are there plenty of goblin areas so close to our home? Have you goblins tried bringing this up to the proper elven leadership so it can be addressed and dealt with? Like not all goblins are the same, all elves aren't the same.

Zack Reever
2013-03-15, 02:46 AM
diplomacy? [roll0]

GoddessSune
2013-03-15, 07:48 PM
Woster "It makes me feel good to hear you say such things. Hope you mean it. I can blame all elves, as all elves think the same and act the same. You so silly when you say stuff like 'talk'. Elves not talk to goblins. Elves just kill goblins." shakes his head.

Zack Reever
2013-03-16, 03:05 AM
Aramil finishes eating the stew. I can prove we all don't just indiscrimately kill goblins.
I am actually in this area to accomplish a task. In the first part of my journey I was ambushed by 3 goblin bandits wanting to take everything I owned threatening to harm me if I didn't comply. I distracted them long enough to draw a weapon and defend myself. Out of those 3 goblins 2 were felled in short order. I chased after the last one getting him to surrender and listen to me. I found out his name was Bgekoz. For providig information and helping me with my task I compensated Bgekoz. Bgekoz left my company less 2 companions, however richer by a few gold and some important advice. You see violence isn't always the right answer, however no person deserves to be threatened/waylaid/ or stolen from.
I have only a few days of rations left and have been asked to retrieve a necklace of a elven noblewoman that has magical pictures of her ancestors. This necklace was taken during a daring raid by ogres. If you could help me find this necklace I'm sure we can come to a equatable arrangement. I don't solve all my problems by violence, in fact if I can avoid it I would rather talk it out and come to an agreement or compromise.
diplomacy [roll0]

GoddessSune
2013-03-17, 01:25 AM
Woster By the Great Wolf, you talk a lot. Just like most elves. But you kinda make coppers. Goblin life is war, death, combat and violence. But me know you never understand.

An elven lady necklace? Does it play music too? Then I know that one. It's one of Huglo's favorite loot things. I guess the ogre women like the music or something. Huglo is the ogre thug I worked for a bit a moon or so ago. I know where Huglo is, only one real ogre home around. Only one place for him to find ogre women.

You seem like a nice fellow, even for an elf. You shared my fire, added to my stew and ate my stew. and that is all very, very important goblin customs and ways of life. But some how me think you not even know that. You not even know how important Goblin Stew is. But you still do all the right things? Maybe you got goblin blood? I don't mind helping you out. But there will be loot in it for us right? One of them big elf words means treasure, right?"

Woster finishes two bowls of the stew and licks his bowl clean.