PDA

View Full Version : Disciple of Asmodeus Build help

CommanderCronos
2013-01-24, 04:20 AM
Hey there guys,

Looking for some advice. I will be playing a new campaign soon and I have decided to go for a Disciple of Asmodeus. The campaign will have both combat and some heavy RP as our DM likes a balance of both but mainly story driven game.

I have decided to go for a character who is the son of a noble in the city where the campaign is centered. He is perceved as most to be a nice charasmatic young man who does his bit around the city. He is reletivly well known but not famous or anything.

The main thing about the character is that he is not in fact the charming young noble with a bit of magical aptitude that everyone thinks he is. He is truly nasty and out for himself. He hides his true nature well and practically noone knows that he is a darker soul than he lets on. this is helped by and amulet of opposite alignment he wears to disguse his evil aura.

I will be picking some truly horrid spells for him from the BoVD and some normal spells to allow him to pass as an average sorcerer.

The build im thinking of going with so far is Rogue 1/ Sorcerer 1/ Dis of Asmo 2 ( we are starting at lvl 4)

I would love some advice from anyone who has played this class before or who has maybe had a scheming villian like this before also.

I should point out that as a house rule our DM lets us assign skill points as we wish regardless of level or class as long as we can justify it for the character.

Looking forward to all the gloriuos ideas you have to offer.

EDIT: i shoule also point out that he is allowing full spellcasting progression for the class and he is going to try and think of a cooler, more flavoury capstone for the level ten ability than the one that the class currently has.

almightycoma
2013-01-31, 02:54 PM
one error in that level progression you need leadership to get into disciple so you cant get into it till 6th level.
aside from that since its house ruled for your group that you can get any skill and your getting full casting rogue seem a little unnecessary. I'd go either sorcerer6/ disciple 1 if u want more power(for yourself that is). or bard6/ disciple 1 for neat buffs for the summons you get as class features and would give you some good options to deal with people who find out your evil without killing them.

also note full casting is a HUGE boon to that class so you should try to dip in too many classes that don't have spell progression to get the most out of your house rule