PDA

View Full Version : Half-Vampire Optimization

Yogibear41
2013-01-24, 10:50 AM
So I was poking around through a collection of books and stumbled across the half vampire template in Libiris Mortis and was wondering if you wanted to optimize it for its drain blood ability (con drain each round when you have someone pinned) what would be the best way to do it? All I know of off hand is maybe fighter with improved grapple feat to help you in grapple checks to pin as well as having good bab, and maybe a dip into sorc/wiz for enlarge person to give you a size bonus.
Any other ideas? Feats/Prestige Classes/etc.

rollforeigninit
2013-01-24, 11:14 AM
I'd suggest Psychic Warrior instead of both. (Ask if you can buy off thr LA). Pick up grip of iron and expansion and go to town. Im afb just now but how can a Half Vampire go wrong with Claws of the Vampire?

Yogibear41
2013-01-24, 11:28 AM
awesome great call! didn't even think about psionics.

The Viscount
2013-01-29, 05:20 PM
Amusingly there is nothing preventing you from casting fangs of the vampire king which deal an additional 1 con damage. It may not sound like much, but every little bit helps. It also gives you a bite attack to use when you cast it. Con must of course be prioritized, as you are limited to draining your con score in points every hour.