PDA

View Full Version : Getting human (ish) feet and legs on a bird

Carth
2013-01-24, 04:26 PM
I'll be shapechanged into a chronotyryn to have adamantine feathers covering my body, under the effects of greater visage of the deity to give me bat wings, under the effects of bite of the werebear to give me bear paws, under the effects of flaying tendrils giving me mind flayer tentacles (with extend tentacles), and under the effects of girallon's blessing to have 4 arms.

What are my options for getting feet and legs? Human shaped enough to wear normal boots and pants. Is there a way for me to become medium? Is there a way to make greater visage of the deity not crimp my fly speed (I want it for the stat bonuses)?

Morcleon
2013-01-24, 04:33 PM
You already have feet. A Chrontyryn has two feet...

Compression/Ring of Reduction should help with shrinking.

Greater Visage of the Deity never specifies that you lose your original fly speed. You just get another one.

Carth
2013-01-24, 04:35 PM
Apologies for not being clear, I was hoping for the kind of feet that could wear shoes. Where is the ring of reduction found? I won't be able to cast compression.

Morcleon
2013-01-24, 04:38 PM
Apologies for not being clear, I was hoping for the kind of feet that could wear shoes. Where is the ring of reduction found? I won't be able to case compression.

You could wear bird-shaped shoes that have an outer shape of a normal foot, then wear normal shoes on those. :smallbiggrin:

The Ring is from Lords of Madness. 20k gp, as reduce person but works on any creature type.

Gildedragon
2013-01-24, 04:39 PM
Magic shoes fit on any feet

Problem is rings gloves and bracers

Carth
2013-01-25, 02:24 PM
Ring of reduction works perfectly. I'm not worried about magic footwear fitting, I want humanoid feet for aesthetic purposes.

Mr Adventurer
2013-01-25, 02:29 PM
I'll be shapechanged into a chronotyryn to have adamantine feathers covering my body, under the effects of greater visage of the deity to give me bat wings, under the effects of bite of the werebear to give me bear paws, under the effects of flaying tendrils giving me mind flayer tentacles (with extend tentacles), and under the effects of girallon's blessing to have 4 arms.

I want humanoid feet for aesthetic purposes.

:confused:

Carth
2013-01-30, 04:03 AM
Sure, I acknowledge it's an odd request. Anybody?

supermonkeyjoe
2013-01-30, 04:13 AM
If you've got al these ridiculous buffs going then surely you can get a casting of disguise self?

ahenobarbi
2013-01-30, 04:42 AM
So you are a big bird, with extra arms and bat wings, with bear paws and tentacles but you are worried your about how your feet look :smallconfused:

Do you want feet in shoes or bare feet? Disguise self (or hat of disguise) could give you a look of both. You could wear shoes that would look like human shoes on the outside.

Arcanist
2013-01-30, 05:13 AM
Sure, I acknowledge it's an odd request. Anybody?

Why don't you just fluff it so that you have feet since the feet slot can really be occupied by anything else... I think it would look pretty cool actually...

So you are a big bird, with extra arms and bat wings, with bear paws and tentacles but you are worried your about how your feet look :smallconfused:

This is what I thought... then I realized something... I like playing as Humans because then this question never comes up...

Carth
2013-01-30, 05:32 AM
Again, this has nothing to do with magic item slots. Literally, nothing. This is not intended to have any effect on gameplay, I only mentioned everything I did to put the amusing image in everyone's heads. :smallbiggrin: But despite its mechanical irrelevance, I do think humanoid legs would look better. Chronotyryns, and birds in general, have legs that are proportionally smaller than their bodies compared to humans. With the loss of so many bird features, I feel like the disproportionately small bird legs would look out of place.

Arcanist
2013-01-30, 05:35 AM
Again, this has nothing to do with magic item slots. Literally, nothing. This is not intended to have any effect on gameplay, I only mentioned everything I did to put the amusing image in everyone's heads. :smallbiggrin: But despite its mechanical irrelevance, I do think humanoid legs would look better. Chronotyryns, and birds in general, have legs that are proportionally smaller than their bodies compared to humans. With the loss of so many bird features, I feel like the disproportionately small bird legs would look out of place.

Then just refluff it so that you have legs. not a big deal :P

If it has no mechanical effect on the game it can be refluffed entirely with no real consequences :smalltongue:

Togo
2013-01-30, 05:36 AM
How about a fiendish graft? Sew on any legs you want.

Mithril Leaf
2013-01-30, 07:23 AM
It's rare, but in your case, I'd actually recommend the spell thematics feat. Gives you an in game license to refluff as you see feet.

Carth
2013-01-30, 04:44 PM
Then just refluff it so that you have legs. not a big deal :P

If it has no mechanical effect on the game it can be refluffed entirely with no real consequences :smalltongue:

That works as a last resort, I guess, but if there's a real way to do it that's still preferable.

How about a fiendish graft? Sew on any legs you want.

I'm not sure those would persist through a shapechange.

It's rare, but in your case, I'd actually recommend the spell thematics feat. Gives you an in game license to refluff as you see feet.

That could probably work. A whole feat for it though, I'm not sure I'm that committed to this. :smallbiggrin:

Anything else? :smallredface:

Phelix-Mu
2013-01-30, 06:12 PM

Very clever. :smallcool:

Make a new spell called girallon's curse, it gives you legs.

andromax
2013-01-30, 06:41 PM
This is some sort of a fetish isn't it?

I think some sort of a fiendish graft as others have mentioned would be your best bet.