PDA

View Full Version : Southern Magician and Scribe Scroll

Fyermind
2013-01-24, 11:21 PM
Say I am a spellthief who decides upon reaching level 8 to go Trapsmith. I am a malar human and took southern magician at level 9. I have the scribe scroll feat because I thought it looked cool at level 6. I can now write level 1 scrolls of haste. I can cast my arcane spells as divine spells sometimes. Can I make a divine scroll of haste?

This wouldn't be very much of a big deal, but my friend two levels higher than me being played by a character at the table is an archivist who wants the a scroll of haste as a first level divine spell. Can I give it to him?

Acanous
2013-01-24, 11:54 PM
Yes, you can scribe a scroll of Haste as a lv 1 spell.
Check with your DM if you can scribe it as a Divine spell.
Check with your DM if the Archivist can learn it as a lv 1 spell.

andromax
2013-01-25, 12:03 AM
It should be legal..

I never knew that was a first level spell, apparently trapsmiths are undercutting the cost of Haste items.

Since different classes get access to certain spells at different levels, the prices for two characters to make the same item might actually be different....... The wand is only worth two times what the caster of lowest possible level (in this case, the cleric) can make it for, however, so the market price of a wand of hold person is 4,500 gp, no matter who makes it.