PDA

View Full Version : Soulsight (fix)

willpell
2013-01-25, 02:41 AM
Initially I gave an NPC in my campaign a highly upgraded version of this Feat for the sake of a plot point; I'm now getting around to formalizing its effects. It's definitely a huge upgrade to the feat's current effectiveness, but I doubt the result is game-breaking; at worst it may obsolete other feats which are also unlikely to be taken, since all they do is spot enemies in the darkness. (If there's already a feat that grants blindsense, let me know; I can't find one.)

SOULSIGHT [INCARNUM]
You can attune your soul to sense living creatures near you.
Prerequisites: Con 13, Wis 13, Concentration 4 ranks.
Benefit: Once per day, you can invest essentia into this feat. Whether or not essentia is invested, this feat grants you a limited form of blindsense, capable of pinpointing living creatures only. This blindsense has a range equal to 10 feet, plus 10 feet per point of invested essentia, in which it is passively active at all times. You may double this range for 1 round (until the start of your next turn) as a move action. Once the amount of essentia invested is chosen, it cannot be altered and remains invested for 24 hours.
If you have the ability to bind a soulmeld to your brow chakra, the blindsense granted by this feat is capable of detecting both living and nonliving creatures.
You gain 1 point of essentia.

Amnoriath
2013-01-25, 06:53 PM
Initially I gave an NPC in my campaign a highly upgraded version of this Feat for the sake of a plot point; I'm now getting around to formalizing its effects. It's definitely a huge upgrade to the feat's current effectiveness, but I doubt the result is game-breaking; at worst it may obsolete other feats which are also unlikely to be taken, since all they do is spot enemies in the darkness. (If there's already a feat that grants blindsense, let me know; I can't find one.)

SOULSIGHT [INCARNUM]
You can attune your soul to sense living creatures near you.
Prerequisites: Con 13, Wis 13, Concentration 4 ranks.
Benefit: Once per day, you can invest essentia into this feat. Whether or not essentia is invested, this feat grants you a limited form of blindsense, capable of pinpointing living creatures only. This blindsense has a range equal to 10 feet, plus 10 feet per point of invested essentia, in which it is passively active at all times. You may double this range for 1 round (until the start of your next turn) as a move action. Once the amount of essentia invested is chosen, it cannot be altered and remains invested for 24 hours.
If you have the ability to bind a soulmeld to your brow chakra, the blindsense granted by this feat is capable of detecting both living and nonliving creatures.
You gain 1 point of essentia.

For those easy prerequisites, no. 3.0 Masters of the wild has a Blindsight feat but you need to be able to wild shape. However the Shedu Crown's crown chakra gives telepathy which allows for the highly sought after Mindsight.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2013-01-25, 06:57 PM
For those easy prerequisites, no. 3.0 Masters of the wild has a Blindsight feat but you need to be able to wild shape. However the Shedu Crown's crown chakra gives telepathy which allows for the highly sought after Mindsight.

I agree that this is a little powerful for a potential level 1 grab, even though its range is extremely limited. I'd probably bump it up to, say, level 3 or 6, personally. Not really sure though: it has extreme utility, but it's not a huge power boost in and of itself. I may be low-balling it.