PDA

View Full Version : Advice for eating sliders.

Mystic Muse
2013-01-25, 03:00 AM
My dad and I are going to a slider place tomorrow (They're not TECHNICALLY sliders, but that doesn't matter a whole bunch), and I was hoping to avoid the normal aftereffects of eating more than one slider somehow. Usually I get an upset stomach, and I was hoping there was something I could do besides chug pepto-bismol. Anybody have any ideas? I'd kinda like to eat more than one slider tomorrow.

Thajocoth
2013-01-25, 04:29 AM
You mean those people that jump from one dimension to the next?

Serpentine
2013-01-25, 05:08 AM
That's what I thought of, too...

Morph Bark
2013-01-25, 05:15 AM
Quick! Kill it before it lays eggs!

(Seriously though, what are these kind of sliders you speak of?)

Totally Guy
2013-01-25, 06:00 AM
I was in a bar in New York back in October and I saw sliders on the menu. I had no idea what they were so I ordered some. They were little tiny burgers. Small enough for several bites but too small to be considered an actual burger.

My advice: if you have a problem eating a particular food, eat something else.

Asta Kask
2013-01-25, 06:07 AM

I'm guessing this. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slider_%28sandwich%29)

Bulldog Psion
2013-01-25, 06:31 AM
The only slider I'm familiar with is a variety of turtle. So presumably, Asta Kask's link is our best bet about what this type of food is.

Can you eat something else as an accompaniment to the sliders? Sometimes eating several different types of food at the same time -- especially if one is drier than the other -- can help keep the stomach settled in my experience at least.

The Succubus
2013-01-25, 06:46 AM
You're eating adorable little turtles? :smallfrown:

Asta Kask
2013-01-25, 06:53 AM
Afterwards there's a reception where they club baby seals and set fire to kittens.

shadow_archmagi
2013-01-25, 06:58 AM
Clicked on this thinking it said "Advice for eating Spiders"

Wondered if the OP was going to cast Spider Climb

Fragenstein
2013-01-25, 06:59 AM
Afterwards there's a reception where they club baby seals and set fire to kittens.

Don't be fooled. A kitten would set fire to you if it could.

Jack Squat
2013-01-25, 09:17 AM
The reason you probably get an upset stomach from sliders is because they're really greasy. Having some crackers or plain bread will help soak up the loose grease.

I've heard eating pickles or olives helps too, but I've never tried it - I guess you could order extra pickles on them and see if that helps.

snoopy13a
2013-01-25, 09:45 AM
There's a movie about two guys who get stoned and decide to go out to a slider place. It may have advice and hints (such as, don't give Neil Patrick Harris a lift) :smallbiggrin:

Mystic Muse
2013-01-25, 12:08 PM

I'm guessing this. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slider_%28sandwich%29) This here would be correct.

The only slider I'm familiar with is a variety of turtle. So presumably, Asta Kask's link is our best bet about what this type of food is. Yes. I would never eat turtles. I like turtles. I want one of my characters in a game to have a giant Alligator Snapper.

Can you eat something else as an accompaniment to the sliders? Sometimes eating several different types of food at the same time -- especially if one is drier than the other -- can help keep the stomach settled in my experience at least. The place also serves donuts and cake.

You're eating adorable little turtles? :smallfrown:

Noooooooo. I love turtles.

The reason you probably get an upset stomach from sliders is because they're really greasy. Having some crackers or plain bread will help soak up the loose grease. Alright, thank you.

I've heard eating pickles or olives helps too, but I've never tried it - I guess you could order extra pickles on them and see if that helps. I don't like either of those (Hence why they're not technically sliders, since sliders traditionally come with pickles).

There's a movie about two guys who get stoned and decide to go out to a slider place. It may have advice and hints (such as, don't give Neil Patrick Harris a lift) :smallbiggrin:

If I ever meet Neil Patrick Harris, and he needs one, I'm giving him a lift. :smalltongue:

Morph Bark
2013-01-25, 01:07 PM
If I ever meet Neil Patrick Harris, and he needs one, I'm giving him a lift. :smalltongue:

As would I. Heck, he might be interested in the consumption of a burger or two and come along.

Pyromancer999
2013-01-25, 01:55 PM
As would I. Heck, he might be interested in the consumption of a burger or two and come along.

In the movie, he steals the car after given a lift, then has to fork over a few hundred for cleaning. What of, you'll have to watch the movie for.

(The movie is Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle)

Emmerask
2013-01-25, 02:02 PM

Ah the good ol' days I remember them like it was yesterday!

anyway... uhm it looks like they are hamburgers only smaller soooooo eat them like a hamburger only more?

And if you canīt stomach a burger then well donīt eat them... Iīm fairly certain they will have other stuff on the menu just order that instead of eating something your body does not agree to and throwing medications afterwards, thats stupid...

Vizzerdrix
2013-01-26, 12:08 AM
I always thought a slider was a raw oyster still in half the shell, covered in hot sauce. :smallconfused:

Tvtyrant
2013-01-26, 03:29 AM
I always thought a slider was a raw oyster still in half the shell, covered in hot sauce. :smallconfused:

That would be a shooter. Sometimes we eat them on the beach up in Washington, and I have nightmares about being eaten alive as a result :C

Bulldog Psion
2013-01-26, 08:52 AM
Yes, any kind of bread or pastry product should help to soak up the surplus grease and thus prevent the "queasies".

Asta Kask
2013-01-26, 09:00 AM
The problem is that you overload your fat-coping systems. Your pancreas can only release so much lipases in one go. So anything that makes the stomach empty more slowly should help.

Scarlet Knight
2013-01-26, 02:54 PM
"Sliders" is the nickname originally given to White Castle hamburgers. Steamed with onions, they are smaller than regular hamburgers. The steaming also makes the bun softer, thus you barely have to chew them before swallowing. They are nectar for the gods, delicious at 3am or 3pm, & thus have developed a cult following; hence the Harold & Kumar movie with Neil Patrick Harris. Face it, no one would go see a movie titled "Harold & Kumar go to Burger King".

Other companies have tried to cash in on this fame and make tiny hamburgers and call them "sliders" since that name wasn't copyrighted. People who don't know better will buy their product.

nedz
2013-01-29, 09:02 AM
I try to avoid burgers, tiny or otherwise: Cautionary tale (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21071068).

Jack Squat
2013-01-29, 07:36 PM
I try to avoid burgers, tiny or otherwise: Cautionary tale (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21071068).

So? The burgers weren't dangerous, they were just mystery meat. I mean, yeah, if you're selling something as "all beef", it should be all beef, but I don't see an inherent problem with eating horse meat.

Krazzman
2013-01-31, 06:31 AM
So? The burgers weren't dangerous, they were just mystery meat. I mean, yeah, if you're selling something as "all beef", it should be all beef, but I don't see an inherent problem with eating horse meat.

Jeah, in Germany there is a dish called "Sauerbraten" (translates to marinated beef according to dict.leo). It is actually meat in a dark sour/sweet sauce. Afaik it is sometimes made out of horse meat. I usually don't like it because of the sauce but so far I have only eaten the ones out of cow-meat.

On topic: If you don't like something don't eat it. Eat a side dish, rice, potatoes or something with less fat than fries and well try it that way.

SilverSheriff
2013-01-31, 07:54 AM
Face it, no one would go see a movie titled "Harold & Kumar go to Burger King".

I would, but the movie would only be about 15 minutes long.

Harugami
2013-02-05, 06:57 PM
all you have to do is baste them gentle in pepto bismal so you don't have to chug it, alternatively you can order it as a drink with the meal I believe.

Rawhide
2013-02-05, 07:14 PM

http://www.tshirtmonger.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/scbs.gif