PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] NPc requests

Dark_Ansem
2013-01-25, 06:04 AM
How can I request some NpCs to be done? I already know this info should be provided:

-What role would said npc have in the campaign? Quest giver, big bad evil guy, evil overlord, random encounter, town guard, caravan master, shopkeeper, magic item shop dude?
-What races are allowed?
-What books do you have that we can use to build said npc's with?
-How powerful do you want them? (CR, level, items, wbl, etc?)
-Alignment(restrictions)?
-What setting?
-Very optimized, or just regular builds?

wonder if there is more that I should consider.

Dark_Ansem
2013-02-15, 12:25 PM
so, here I am with my request.
Hŕkon
Vampire Clan Lord
Vampire + Vampire Lord Templates
Fiendish ? Gained some devilish attributes after a pact with a demon, or a demonic subtype? Half-fiend template?
Race: Human, one attuned to living in cold places
CR: 60
Alignment: Lawful Evil, if possible. otherwise neutral evil.
Abilities: proficient with Katana, focused on Necromancy magic (life-absoring spells especially) and Conjuration (undead mostly). Also knows dark magic to restore health to his undead self.
Has lived for several thousands of years. Has vampirized his whole family.
Fighis almost exclusively with magic.
Often transforms into mist in order to avoid damage.

Dark_Ansem
2013-02-23, 10:52 AM
actually, another one

Arthindol the Terraseer: Male Sarrukh Lich Wiz25/Acm5; CR 37; Medium Undead; HD 44d12; hp 301; Init +9; Spd 30 ft.; AC 45 (touch 20, flat-footed 40); Base Atk +29; Grp +38; Face/Reach 5 ft./5 ft.; Atk +43 melee (1d8+18 plus 1d6 acid plus poison, Crown-Staff of Isstosseffifil) or +38 melee (1d6+5 plus paralysis, touch); Full Atk +43/+38/+33/+28 melee (1d8+18 plus 1d6 acid plus poison, Crown-Staff of Isstosseffifil) and +33 melee (1d6+3 plus poison, bite) or +38 melee (1d8+9, 2 claws) and +33 melee (1d6+4 plus poison, bite) or +38/+33/+28/+23 melee (1d6+5 plus paralysis, touch); SA Damaging touch, fear aura, paralyzing touch, poison, manipulate form, spell-like abilities, spells; SQ +4 turn resistance, Archmage high arcana, darkvision 60 ft., DR 15/bludgeoning and magic, familiar, immunity to cold, electricity, fire, polymorph, and mind-affecting effects, SR 20, undead traits; AL LN; SV Fort +23, Ref +33, Will +40; Str 29, Dex 21, Con -, Int 52, Wis 29, Cha 29
Skills and Feats: Appraise +38 (+42 with alchemical items), Bluff +28, Concentration +56 (+60 when casting defensively), Craft (alchemy) +54, Decipher Script +54, Diplomacy +34, Heal +26, Hide +13, Intimidate +28, Knowledge (arcana) +68, Knowledge (architecture and engineering) +46, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +46, Knowledge (geography) +46, Knowledge (history-Netheril) +66, Knowledge (local-Netheril) +51, Knowledge (nature) +46, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) +46, Knowledge (religion) +56, Knowledge (the planes) +46, Listen +36, Move Silently +28, Profession (historian) +21, Profession (scribe) +21, Search +37 (+41 with secret or hidden doors), Sense Motive +32, Speak Language (common, sarrukhar, abyssal, aquan, aragrakh, auran, celestial, draconic, dwarven, elven, gnome, halfling, hulgorkyn, ignan, infernal, loross, netherese, orc, seldruin, terran), Spellcraft +103, Spot +36; Alertness, Combat Casting, Combat Expertise, Craft Artifact, Craft Construct, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Rod, Craft Staff, Craft Wondrous Item, Empower Spell, Epic Skill Focus (Spellcraft), Epic Spellcasting, Extend Spell, Fortify Spell, Heighten Spell, Improved Iniative, Improved Spell Capacity x3, Quicken Spell, Persistent Spell, Practiced Spellcaster (wizard), Scribe Scroll{B}, Skill Focus (Spellcraft), Spell Focus (divination), Spell Focus (transmutation)
Special Qualities: Poison (bite, injury, Fort DC 41, initial and secondary damage 1d6 Con), manipulate form (Fort DC 41 negates). Damaging touch (DC 41), paralyzing touch (DC 41), fear aura (DC 41), undead traits, lich immunities (immunity to cold, electricity, polymorph [though he can use polymorph effects on himself], and mind-affecting attacks). Familiar. Archmage high arcana: arcane fire (600 ft., 5d6 plus 1d6 per spell level sacrificed), arcane reach, mastery of elements, mastery of shaping, spell power +1.
Spell-like abilities (as 14th level caster): 3/day – disrupt undead, identify, invisibility, knock, magic missile, misdirection (DC 21), see invisibility, sleep (DC 20); 2/day – confusion (DC 23), fireball (DC 22), lightning bolt (DC 22), polymorph; 1/day – teleport (DC 24), wall of force.
Spell-like abilities (as 44th level caster): at will – avoid planar effects (self only, always constant, if dispelled can be reactivated as a free action); 1/day – plane shift. [Abilities gained from Nether Scrolls].
Wizard Spells Prepared (4/10/9/9/9/8/7/7/7/7/5/5/5; base DC = 32 + spell level; DC 33 + spell level with divination and transmutation spells; caster level 34th).
Epic Spells Per Day: 4
Possessions: Crown-Staff of Isstosseffifil, amulet of proof against detection and location, belt of magnificence +6, bracers of armor +10, carpet of flying (10 ft. by 10 ft.), major circlet of blasting, cloak of etherealness, crystal ball with telepathy, glove of storing x2, potion of displacement, potion of greater magic fang +3 x2, potion of haste, major ring of spell storing, ring of defense +5, greater metamagic rod of enlarge, Netherese blast scepter (7 charges), arcane scroll: protection from spells, moment of prescience, arcane scroll: greater teleport, limited wish, arcane scroll: cone of cold, fireball, lightning bolt, tome of clear thought +3 (already read), vest of false life, wand of slow (18 charges), wand of suggestion (heightened 4th level) (27 charges), wand of dimensional anchor (38 charges). As one of the rulers of Oreme, Isstosseffifil, Arthindol has access to an incredible amount of resources.
Height: Unknown, Weight: Unknown, Hair: None, Eyes: Unknown.
Note: Arthindol the Terraseer has the benefits of being venerable age, without suffering any of the physical effects. Skills modified by the Crown-staff. As a member whose empire created the Golden Skins of the World Serpent (the Nether Scrolls), Arthindol has gained all the benefits that can be derived from them. Placed the challenge rating of the sarrukh at 12, since I believe it was mistyped. CR is created as follows: 12 (base) + 23 (nonassociated class 14/2=7 + 16=23) + 2 (lich).
Sources: Netheril: Empire of Magic (2E), PHB 3.5, DMG 3.5, MM 3.5, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (3E), Player’s Guide to Faerun (3.5E), Serpent Kingdoms (3.5E), Lost Empires of Faerun (3.5E), Epic Level Handbook (3E), Complete Arcane (3.5E), Miniature’s Handbook (3.5E), Sword and Fist (3E), and Dragon #303.

how could I advance him to CR 53?

dspeyer
2013-02-24, 04:06 AM
These are really high power level NPCs. Higher than DND really works.

A CR 60 vampire doesn't make *deals* with demons; he knocks over Asmodeus in his spare time and doesn't get XP for it (Asmodeus is only CR 32).

You might take the stats for Nerull in Deities and Demigods and tweak them for a more vampiric flavor. While there's no listed CR, it's been said to be around 60.

Dark_Ansem
2013-02-24, 05:22 AM
I thought it was the CR of the asmodeus aspect?

dspeyer
2013-02-24, 02:30 PM
Nope. The lord of the nine hells himself. His aspects are a measely CR 9.

Dark_Ansem
2013-02-25, 02:30 AM
mmm I really have to re-read the book of vile darkness.
then perhaps a CR 35 would be better for a vampire who has lived for, I'd say, around 2500 years?