PDA

View Full Version : How should i go about starting a new faith

Drackstin
2013-01-25, 11:05 AM
at the present moment my char is a Large warforged evil paladin, i was made by the gith-yanki and i am technically a slave under control by the government, although they scraped my project (me being to expensive to reproduce, and some how my override control dismantled by an "outside source") they are in the process of creating normal size warforged soldiers for testing. i have high recognition by many people due to the my successful missions i have completed, so i was going to push for (and see if my DM will allow) if the first team of warforged could fight under me as a commando unit for testing. then persuade them to rebel and help me destroy everything the gith-yanki have on us, so i may take them and start my own faith (or following)

will this work, and what suggestions could you give me?

my DM is has a master play for the game, but things like this he likes to see, and me being lawful evil, gives me some creativeness to my actions.

supermonkeyjoe
2013-01-25, 12:11 PM
at the present moment my char is a Large warforged evil paladin, i was made by the gith-yanki and i am technically a slave under control by the government, although they scraped my project (me being to expensive to reproduce, and some how my override control dismantled by an "outside source") they are in the process of creating normal size warforged soldiers for testing. i have high recognition by many people due to the my successful missions i have completed, so i was going to push for (and see if my DM will allow) if the first team of warforged could fight under me as a commando unit for testing. then persuade them to rebel and help me destroy everything the gith-yanki have on us, so i may take them and start my own faith (or following)

will this work, and what suggestions could you give me?

my DM is has a master play for the game, but things like this he likes to see, and me being lawful evil, gives me some creativeness to my actions.

Can you really start a rebellion/religion with such a small amount of follower? Make sure the test warforged do exceptionally well, then co-opt the creation process somehow so newly created warforged automatically see you as their god, then when the gith have created enough overthrow them. Take the leadership feat to represent this mechanically if your GM has an issue with your instant army, you should have o.k charisma what with being a paladin right?

Flickerdart
2013-01-25, 12:15 PM
The githyanki are pretty tough to fight, especially if you consider that their Queen is something like a level 15 Psion. You're going to want to be careful there, and not tip them off until you can cut and run.

After you've made it to the Prime Material (and face it, that's where all the action is) you're going to want to start going around curing people and all that jazz. You'll need spells for this; Ur-Priest is the easiest option, Divine Crusader is alright if you can grab some sources of bonus domains afterwards. You'll want the Magic domain if you go DC, because of Imbue with Spell Ability. What better way to make people think your faith is the real deal than granting spells?

Drackstin
2013-01-25, 01:17 PM
unfortunately my CHR is a 7, i have alternate spell casting (str) feat. so ill be going off of trust, intimidation, and my combat ability to impress then to follow me.

Im a paladin of my own code, so i have some room to play around, and i somehow on one of my missions, free one of dagon's daughters and are marked as her champion, so i might get a little help from that.

i might be easier to to become a powerful leader then start my own faith, but do something like the lord of blades did and start a crusade ageist races that enslave warforged. at the moment i am only lvl 9 so i do have some time to play with and i know i am not ready to overthrow the gith yet.

i do want to try and get this plan started though, but i do like the being able to grant spells, so i will consider that.

Callista
2013-01-25, 02:12 PM
To start a faith, you need a god. What you're looking at may be more along the lines of starting an order or a school of philosophy or ethics.

Drackstin
2013-01-25, 02:36 PM
well at the moment i don't know what it will become, and i believe it will just start as a rebellion of slavery, and becoming a leader of a faction, have followers puts me one step closer to being something. since he is a paladin of a code, and doesn't look to any gods it gives me a little more to work with, the more people that believe in his code or follow it, should give him a ability to make something of it, i could be wrong.

searlefm
2013-01-25, 05:05 PM
go for it, it sounds fun also if first you'll be a slave rebellion then a cult and only after you gain a deity or tax exemptions will you be recognized as a real religion.
i cant remember what book i read it in and i think i'm making mistakes but as i recall it.
it takes a few hundred follower to become a kind of quizi deity(ageless or ascension on death, its kind of a week version as it can be removed if your follower die out) and that must be devout and ''TRULY'' believe in you, and only after you get around 1/4 of a million you become a real deity.
but it think its from a second ed book.
i guess you'll just have to discuss it with you dm it you can find an official way in any of the book(also avoid the book of immortals as its incomprehensible at best and plain ludicrous the rest of the time).